Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ACLU Won’t Say “Women” Yet Again

This entire statement makes no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 13, 2022 7:56 PM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2022 3:52 AM

Of course it makes sense! It is yet another salvo in the translunacy war to erase women, common sense, logic and biology from the socio-cultural conscience. In this, the "liberal" ACLU is no different to the lunacy of conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2022 3:56 AM

The problem started when they hired trannies to run their organization.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2022 1:23 PM

I don't understand why they aren't naming the bloody obvious victims in an abortion ban! They've literally named everybody EXCEPT women.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2022 1:25 PM

Autism and trans combination is toxic and deadly.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2022 1:31 PM

As homosexuals I’m sure y’all are not aware of this but when a woman has a baby the majority of the time she knows who the father is. Raising and supporting a child falls on both parents and effects both for decades. In the era of $25 paternity tests at the county health department the days of “momma’s baby, daddy’s maybe” are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2022 1:34 PM

At least they acknowledge gay people are disproportionately harmed by overturning of Roe v Wade. :)

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2022 1:47 PM

R7 the problem that gay people face is that these laws are defining life as a fertilized egg and criminalize the destruction of them. People who use become parents through surrogacy, all gay men who don’t adopt, generally always have more fertilized eggs than they use but could now be held criminally liable for any which they don’t implant or pay to freeze forever.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2022 2:05 PM

If it's really "just a clump of cells" then why would Sofia Vergara for example be so upset about her ex using frozen embryos they'd stored away to have a kid on his own? And why would the courts have judged in Sofia's favor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2022 2:11 PM

You're reading too much into it.

Because that's her genetic material that she merged with her then-partner's to have children together. He was going to take her genetic material and use it by himself. It's about property rights and bodily autonomy (the latter as for abortion rights).

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2022 2:23 PM

And the judgment "in her favor" reflects that.

[quote]A judge ruled that actress Sofia Vergara and her former fiancé must each have the written consent of the other if they want to create a child with two frozen pre-embryos they produced when they were trying to have a baby via surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2022 2:25 PM

R10, I also think she would have been expected to help financially support any resulting children as well.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2022 2:26 PM

R10 So is a fetus but a man doesn't get to have a say when she wants to an abortion. But when it's the other way around, suddenly it's a cherished thing that can't be touched by the other party.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2022 2:28 PM

also seems to be very pro eugenics towards the lower classes and ethnic groups with white nationalists talking points.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2022 2:32 PM

Dummy at R13...it's in her body if she's having an abortion. HER body. That's the part that the Repugs don't like. Women with autonomy over their own bodies. When it is not in the woman's body, it is shared property 50/50. As with real estate...location, location, location.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2022 2:34 PM

let's eliminate the cripples and tards. they're stealing clicks from those that self diagnosis or intentionally blind themselves.

r15 not every abortion is a willing one and the other popular conflict goes to many we could could question if they were legally able to conset.

it seems strange that where people welcome regulation and restrictions in virtually every other right or liberty, it's abortion they refuse to discuss the need for further regulation or restrictions. On the same token, we could, of course, point to the other side and their issues. But that would get too far off the topic and become a pissing match.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2022 2:40 PM

ACLU seems to think everyone is affected except women who actually are the ones impacted.

This is truly sad and disheartening because this was once a bastion for equality and rights.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2022 4:21 PM

Women are the only ones impacted by an abortion? Try being the baby tossed in a bucket and sold for parts!

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2022 4:23 PM

Men who are opposed to abortion 90% of the time detest women. It’s all about control

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2022 1:28 AM

R18, a mass of cells doesn't have "parts".

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2022 1:32 AM

Women have again been relegated to second citizen status but try to tell the pro trans people that. Oh but trans people don't affect your life why should you care?! You anti trans people sound deranged!

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2022 1:45 AM

The ACLU is getting almost as deranged as the loons who think JFK Jr is still alive. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2022 1:48 AM

R21, trans people aka men helped to create this situation.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2022 1:57 AM

The ACLU with that strange Stangio fellow...just awful. I anticipate a drop in donations and that the wealthy Pritzker cross dresser will need to fund them.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Women don't have children. Birthing people do. And men can inseminate men. And women can inseminate men.

And well isn't everyone just really happily fucked up.

And everyone really really wants Trump again as president.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2022 3:38 AM

Goodbye woman's rights, goodbye gay rights, hello pregnant men. Because the rights of pregnant men supersede all others.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2022 4:23 AM

No one gives a shit about trans-identified females, R26, pregnant or not. This is all about delusional straight men and their ability to intimidate pretty much everyone. Plus ca change...

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2022 4:30 AM

There are some idiots participating in this thread. They don't seem to understand that black and indigenous people, young people and immigrants, working people the poor, and people with disabilities all come in two flavors - male and female - and one of those flavors can give birth. So can some LGBT people. Lesbians are always capable of giving birth if they choose to be impregnated. I see nothing wrong in the ACLU statement. It's so fascinating that many people participating in this thread read those categories as EXCLUDING women - meaning, I guess, that the ACLU should be shot for not including a category for white women of middle class or higher.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2022 5:08 AM

I don't see how it disproportionately affects the LBGTQ community.

Race, sure, but not directly because of race, but as race ties to higher rates of poverty, less wealth

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2022 5:12 AM

It disproportionately harms women, even more so poor women.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2022 5:13 AM

Trans people are so cherished and loved. I hope everyone here will start supporting them soon.

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2022 5:15 AM

R28: "They don't seem to understand that black and indigenous people, young people and immigrants, working people the poor, and people with disabilities all come in two flavors - male and female - and one of those flavors can give birth."

If you acknowledge that only female human beings can become pregnant, why do you have a problem with using just one word to name them? Why the obfuscation? This is a really bad time to tell women they can't fight for their rights AS A SEX CLASS, you know?

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2022 3:23 PM

I worked for NYCLU years ago and was a member and donor to the ACLU for a long time. As with HRC and GLAAD, I just can't support this. Reminds me of how NCLR was co-opted.

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2022 3:38 PM

You notice the pro transpeople are absent. Why aren't they defending the ACLU? Because for them the erasure of women isn't happening. They just want people to live their own free lives heedless of the needs of others and can only come up with the brilliant retort, 'Get a life!'

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2022 8:12 PM

r32 Apparently reading comprehension is not one of your strengths. The ACLU tweet says that abortion bans "DISPROPORTIONALLY affect the following groups". Abortion bans affects only women. That's a given. That doesn't need to be said, because it's obvious. To pretend that it needs to be said out loud is like saying that it's important to say that circumcision of the penis only affects men. DUH. The point of the ACLU tweet was to say that while we understand that abortion affects women we might not have given any thought about how it affects some groups of women more than others, because they don't have the economic wherewithal to obtain an abortion somewhere that it is legal to do so when and if it becomes illegal in the state they are living. Moreover, to the specific function of ACLU, these groups of poorer or more disadvantaged groups don't have access to legal representation unless is it free or low cost, unlike women who have economic means. Stop stirring up shit about the ACLU, who is one of the legal groups that has made gay rights one of its priorities for decades, over NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2022 8:37 PM

r35 Unfortunately the tweet doesn't mention women at all.

And while the ACLU may have been useful in the past, on the national level they have been overtaken by alleged "Progressives" and are pushing a specific ideology on the world. There's been several recent articles about the ACLU's fall and why, one such is linked below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2022 8:42 PM

And here's another from the NYT from last year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Women and men are the same, says ACLU. So there is no need to specifically say "women".

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2022 8:55 PM

"Abortion bans affects only women. That's a given."

No, it isn't. Not anymore. Twitter is full of influential, powerful people and organizations spouting nonsense like this (linked), so don't tell me "it's a given".

"That doesn't need to be said, because it's obvious. To pretend that it needs to be said out loud is like saying that it's important to say that circumcision of the penis only affects men. DUH."

Congratulations, you're a TERF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2022 9:01 PM

Meet the ACLU's Deputy Director for Transgender Justice with the ACLU's LGBT & HIV Project

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2022 9:04 PM

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2022 9:05 PM

Totally unrelated to Mx. Strangio and her mustache:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Just identify the genetic traits for all these abnormal types and eliminate them in the womb - what?

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2022 9:09 PM

An abortion ban doesn't disproportionately affect LGBTQiA people. What a stupid comment. The majority of people who get abortions are straight married women, who alrady have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2022 9:12 PM

Their latest thing is to refer to “pregnant people.” Not pregnant WOMEN because I guess that might be offensive to the trans, asexual, gender fluid, whatthefuckever crowd. So now we have Pregnant People.

Sorry but pandering to this shit is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2022 9:18 PM

Ah, Katie Herzog. Some time ago, she brought up an interesting point that doesn't get talked about enough - how she knows so many 'trans men' who not only "were" lesbians, but were also the strident man-loathing types. I actually personally know a few examples of this myself.

It really comes off as a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" type of thing.

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2022 9:18 PM

r46 if you scan the replies to that post she seems to have stirred up a nest of young Zoomers with anime profile pics, accusing her of being transphobic, of getting no bitches (sorry, "maidens" for the chaste), etc. The amount of idiotic comments are striking.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2022 9:22 PM

We need a new organization called STFU.

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2022 9:24 PM

Couldn't find the post on the ACLU Twitter feed--might have been taken down.

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2022 9:31 PM

Agree r44. It's stupid to pretend this is somehow a bigger deal for LGBTQ, etc than your typical OMG gendered woman, she/her, and all the rest. I think you are right about straight women with a kid already, but not so much about the "married" part, though, which makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2022 9:34 PM

I grant that LGBQ should not be towards the top of the list - but it ISN'T at the top. The thrust of the ACLU article is that the poor and people of color are disproportionally affected and the NYT article bears that out.

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2022 9:37 PM

It is staggering the dimwittedness of somebody like R35 who is so easily shot down by the next post.

R35 please never write anything ever again. It becomes silly shooting fish in a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2022 9:38 PM

The fact is that ACLU has deliberately avoided using the word "women" for some time now, so I don't think you can get away with saying it was inferred and that's why it wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2022 9:44 PM

sadly, I think you are right, r53, and they are throwing away a century-long legacy for a few short years of trans rights activism. They need to stop that shit and get back to representing the Bill of Rights itself, not because this group or that group or that other group over there is particularly saintly and righteous and true. In fact the opposite. It's always been the asshole groups that are the biggest challenge to the Bill of Rights, and the ACLU used to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2022 9:49 PM

Hey ladies! ‘Member all those anti-man spreading laws for subway riders? All the male-only clubs you cancelled and ran off school and college campuses? Oh, and all those old traditional male only organizations like Augusta Golf Club and the Boy Scouts of America you just wouldn’t leave the fuck alone until you nagged them out of existence? All those men you helped ruin/cancel based on the sketchy accusation of one woman, all in the name of female/feminist unity? Remember all that?

GOOD. Now it’s your turn, and the majority of us are enjoying the BIG dose of karma being shat out all over you.

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2022 10:03 PM

Here is the ACLU saying in court docs that "human beings are “not sexually dimorphic,” and that males have no biological differences from females."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2022 10:42 PM

Here's the actual tweet link for OP's screenshot, by the way:

(note when searching by date you have to take into account time zone differences)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 14, 2022 10:45 PM

R44 No, the majority of women getting abortions are unmarried.

"The typical patient, in addition to having children, is poor; is unmarried and in her late 20s; has some college education; and is very early in pregnancy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 14, 2022 11:56 PM

I attended a Bans off my Body rally this evening. The speakers were, (among others), native American (there are a lot in my community), Latina, and another person of color. They brought receipts - to show how the ban disproportionally affected their communities - including statistics about infant mortality, access to medical care or lack thereof, incidence of rape and violence against women resulting in pregnancy, etc. All of these speakers reinforced the ACLU tweet. They were not invited on the behest of ACLU. There were no ACLU representatives. In other words, the fixation on the fact that LGBT was included on that list doesn't nullify that fact that certain communities are disproportionally affected. Moreover, some speakers in the rally referenced the fact that with the passage of a repeal of Roe v Wade, the current supreme court has the potential to repeal other rights, including protections for gays, lesbians, and trans people, because the reasoning behind the repeal could be applied to those other cases. So women affected by this potential ban are acknowledging what people on DL are not.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2022 6:27 AM

At least it's worth SOMETHING, R18.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2022 6:30 AM

I'm all for guns and abortion. I don't know where I am on the political spectrum. Where are you supposed to go if you approve of abortion BY gun? I think I might be Liberian.

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2022 6:31 AM

The people at the protest were obviously not representatives of ACLU if they used the word "woman".

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2022 6:36 AM

Abortion bans disproportionally affect:

Black, Indigenous, and other women of color.

Lesbians, Transmen, and nonbinary people.

Immigrant women.

Young women.

Women working to make ends meet.

Women with disabilities.

Protecting abortion access is an urgent matter of racial and economic justice.

99% of abortions are done on women. It's ridiculous to leave them out. There is a war on women, their rights and liberties, and it's happening right now.

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2022 7:30 AM

100%* of abortions are done on women. No men get pregnant; no men get abortions. Nonbinaries are not real.

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2022 7:57 AM

R63, [bold]100% of abortions are "done on" women. What a stupid statement.

by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2022 8:03 AM

r61 Welcome, brother,

now would you rather an edible or a complimentary dimesack of northern lights, if the latter, Would you prefer rolling papers, bong or pipe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 15, 2022 8:06 AM

R39 this repetition as if they wanted to brainwash someone. Idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 67May 15, 2022 8:12 AM

r67 These T-cult-captured institutions have all operated in the same hysterical ways for many years. UN Women, Planned Parenthood, orgs whose names include 'women, gay/lesbian, human rights, etc'.

All furiously tweeting the frequent brainwashing lie-repetitions.

by Anonymousreply 68May 15, 2022 8:20 AM

[quote] They brought receipts - to show how the ban disproportionally affected their communities - including statistics about infant mortality, access to medical care or lack thereof, incidence of rape and violence against women resulting in pregnancy, etc.

Wouldn’t it be better to improve infant mortality, provide access to medical care, and prevent rape and violence against women, instead of lovingly embracing abortion as the panacea for these issues?

by Anonymousreply 69May 15, 2022 8:32 AM

R69 Sure, and history has shown that politicians in the U.S. bend over backwards to support such changes, but in the meantime while we’re waiting for the laws and money that will bring about these initiatives - we’re going to keep it at “not your uterus, not your damn business.”

by Anonymousreply 70May 15, 2022 8:42 AM

R69. NYC provides free medical care to those who make an equivalent of full time minimum wage work or less; NYC's infant mortality is very low, 4.7 %, much lower than the national average; the city runs a maternal-child health program that is very good, as well as providing subsidized child care, and free pre K.

As to rape and violence, we would need to put a lot of estrogen in the city's tap water to get rid of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 15, 2022 10:39 AM

Yawn, the "I hate trans" trolls are tiresome with their obsession

by Anonymousreply 72May 15, 2022 10:42 AM

Seems like a lot of our anti-transers disappeared when the Buffalo mass shooter's manifesto came out and sounded like one of their own posts here on DL.

The shooter was very much involved in 4chan and Reddit, that's already known, and I'd bet he was on places like Kiwi Farms as well, and we all know full well that a small group of those folks planted themselves over here and started spreading their anti-trans propaganda. Now the "Drop the T" phrase made famous by Datalounge's own "Clayton" is in a white supremacist, antisemitic, mass murdering asshole's manifesto.

Good job, anti-transers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 15, 2022 10:55 AM

What is the bullshit that abortion ban disproportionally harms LGBT community. Isn' t this the least harmed community. Only B from the community can get an unwanted pregnancy out of thier sexual practices. But B are more straight adjacent who sometimes have some same sex hookup.

I mean two guys or two ladies don't have exactly big chance to make a baby. Neither does trans with the hormonal therapy they are taking.

It is the straight community which is really in danger.

by Anonymousreply 74May 15, 2022 11:10 AM

The world is sick and getting sicker.

by Anonymousreply 75May 15, 2022 11:10 AM

r73 Nothing wrong is what's written inside the red circle.

Oh if that *white* *incel* shooter says that 2+2=4, are you start to scream that 2+2=5 and that people with the same belief are supporter of this shooter?

by Anonymousreply 76May 15, 2022 11:32 AM

Nothing wrong with* are you going to* start

by Anonymousreply 77May 15, 2022 11:34 AM

R73 It's a bit farfetched to blame folks questioning the motives of fetishistic cross dressers with encouraging mass murder of minorities.

But your kind are fantasists who love hyperbole and drama : 'It's literal violence!" et all.

by Anonymousreply 78May 15, 2022 11:46 AM

Datalounge’s sexism is as legendary as it’s racism. Dataloungers hate women. No one believes Dataloungers care about protecting women. However, you will gladly use women to fuel your trans obsession. The same way you use Asians to go after black people.

by Anonymousreply 79May 15, 2022 11:46 AM

[quote]Nothing wrong is what's written inside the red circle.

Honey, we KNOW you agree with the white supremacist, antisemitic mass murderer. That was my whole fucking point. But if you want to reiterated for the people slow on the uptake and prove my point, that's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 80May 15, 2022 11:48 AM

* want to reiterate it, not "reiterated"

by Anonymousreply 81May 15, 2022 11:48 AM

R73 is such an idiot. Go dilate your wound, weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 82May 15, 2022 11:54 AM

r80 "We"? Oh you condescending mental type of whites?

I'm not white and see through your coloniser tactic by inserting your twisted non-logic into where you dont't belong. This is about women, sex-specific, sex-based rights, nothing to do with your race crap.

by Anonymousreply 83May 15, 2022 12:02 PM

[quote] [R80] "We"? Oh you condescending mental type of whites? I'm not white and see through your coloniser tactic by inserting your twisted non-logic into where you dont't belong. This is about women, sex-specific, sex-based rights, nothing to do with your race crap.

Of course you’re not white. None of the white supremacist right wing trolls here ever are.

by Anonymousreply 84May 15, 2022 12:16 PM

R28 meluvinguy, believe it or not, a white middle class woman can be much more harmed by the abortion ban than men of color, transwomen etc

by Anonymousreply 85May 15, 2022 12:20 PM

[quote]Oh you condescending mental type of whites? I'm not white

Gosh, that's weird, because you're being racist against blacks in the "New York Man Punches 11-Year-Old Girl at Manhattan Dog Park" thread. I suppose you're Laotian and just really hate those pesky Negros.

by Anonymousreply 86May 15, 2022 12:22 PM

R44 Abortion rates tend to be higher among minority women in the U.S. In 2000–2001 the rates among black and Hispanic women were 49 per 1,000 and 33 per 1,000, respectively, vs. 13 per 1,000 among non-Hispanic white women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 15, 2022 12:32 PM

Jodi Picoult, Chirlane McCray and Martin Belam all know what a woman is, and that it's women affected by restrictions on abortion. At least they did 5 years ago.

Now they'd be criticised for assuming the gender of the masculine presenting people in suits surrounding Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 15, 2022 12:39 PM

r84 Ok I'm done. Keep barking. Of course the only retorts that your kind can come up with are the never-ending "white" "rightwing" "trolls" "anti-trans" "transphobes". White woke liberal pro-trans cult gays? Most vile racist cultists, ever. Your racist kind loves to scream that savage non-whites have never had any concepts of science, biology and binary sex until evil cis white male colonists forced the evil white scientific concepts onto our cultures.

by Anonymousreply 89May 15, 2022 12:39 PM

So everyone baring white women then? So fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 90May 15, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote] you will gladly use women to fuel your trans obsession. The same way you use Asians to go after black people.

R79 gladly uses hypocritical racism/bigotry to deflect from the continuing eraser of women and gays by translunatics, as well as on-going attacks by blacks against Asians.

by Anonymousreply 91May 15, 2022 12:46 PM

[quote]99% of abortions are done on women.

And 1% on who? Men?

by Anonymousreply 92May 15, 2022 1:08 PM

At this point even using the word FEMALE would be something but that would still upset trans people.

by Anonymousreply 93May 15, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote]Abortion bans disproportionally affect: Black, Indigenous, and other women of color, Lesbians, Transmen, and nonbinary people, Immigrant women, Young women, Women working to make ends meet, Women with disabilities.

R63 I can agree with most of it, but not with the part: "Lesbians, Transmen, and nonbinary people."

There is a possibility that a lesbian might need an abortion, be it caused by sexual assault or an affair with a man, but straight women are generally much more affected by this ban than lesbians. On the contrary I would say that lesbians would generally be the less affected group of women. I don’t see any reason why would nonbinary women be more affected than other women. As for trans men, wouldn’t they be much less fertile due to hormonal therapy and the fact is that big part of them has sexual relationships with women only. So that would put them in the less affected group of women.

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2022 1:18 PM

How many transmen need an abortion each year? 5? 10? I wouldn’t exactly say they’re disproportionately affected. If anything, if a trans man is pregnant, it’s going to be pretty intentional and abortion is not really on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2022 2:00 PM

"Let's post the shooter's manifesto, even though it's been banned by news organizations, because it can be used to attack gender criticals! Why was I reading it? Well, I agreed with the rest of it which is why I immediately went to 4chan to seek out a copy, but..."

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2022 2:10 PM

Man by the very definition cannot get pregnant. So the transman is a woman. You have to eliminate the man part and call this person what they are. The bearded lady.

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2022 2:30 PM

The racial dynamics are actually quite staggering.

[quote]In the most recent data from the CDC in 2019, Black women had the highest rate of abortions with 23.8 abortions per 1,000 women.

[quote]Hispanic women had 11.7 abortions per 1,000 women, according to the CDC.#

[quote]White women had the lowest rate: 6.6 abortions per 1,000 women.

[quote]The majority of these women -- 56.9% -- were in their 20s, according to the data.

The article's language is all over the place. It does mention women but goes out of its way to use non specific language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2022 2:31 PM

The thing I find hilarious is that the anti-abortion people are making more black and hispanic babies, which given their politics of white resentment, you'd think would be the last thing they would want. It's almost like they haven't thought this through.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2022 2:47 PM

R73, the shooter also says "sure" when asked if he is left wing, so I assume you will be taking responsibility for him.

by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2022 3:16 PM

R99, it draws more minorities to Republican positions because many minorities are also very anti-abortion.

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2022 3:21 PM

Very cynical of them. Unsurprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2022 3:22 PM

In other words, younger poor women are the most affected by the ban on abortion--whites skew older demographically, so less likely to end up with an unintended pregnancy. Wealthier, more educated women have better access to birth control.

No one is disagreeing that BIPOC women will get hit with the brunt of this. The issue is that the ACLU threw in LGBT in there without thinking about it for a second, when, for obvious reasons, that group is likely to be *less* affected proportionately by the ban. It's knee-jerk performative spouting. That the word "women" was left out when at least 99.9 percent of the people undergoing abortions are going to identify as women is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2022 7:55 PM

R92 and R95 If Transmen are men and Nonbinary people are neither men or women, because gender is not binary, then the 1% means them. About 500 abortions a year are done on people who do not identify as women, according to the article I posted below by Helen Lewis in the Atlantic. It's fine with me if you don't agree to count that 1% as not women, I'm not trying to change your mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2022 2:59 AM

LOL, women aren't real.

by Anonymousreply 105May 16, 2022 3:06 AM

R104, having a uterus with a fertilized egg implanted in it can literally only happen in women. You can call yourself a kumquat but that fertilized egg implanted in your uterus says different.

by Anonymousreply 106May 16, 2022 3:10 AM

Any lesbian below the age of 45 could CHOOSE to become pregnant, whether by sperm bank fertilization or through the agency of a male friend. Any transman living with or having sex with a biological male could conceivably become pregnant. Any female bisexual below the age of 45 could conceivably become pregnant if she is having sex with a male. Depending on whether these children are ultimately desired, or if there are medical complications, abortions might be needed. There are many places in which it is dangerous for someone who is not heterosexual to seek routine medical care, never mind treatment for a pregnancy. If, by the numbers, 4000 lesbians, transmen, or bisexual women seek an abortion out of say 10,000 births, (and I'm making the statistics up, because no one actually knows these statistics), then they would be disproportionally affected by an abortion ban. Mathematically, proportion is not about absolute numbers, it's about the numbers within that specific group as compared to the numbers in another specific group. I'm fairly certain that the majority of abortions by raw number, are performed on white women. However, white women are much less likely "proportionally-speaking" to be in the lowest economic brackets or to fear negative consequences when seeking medical care, than the rest of the groups listed by the ACLU. The fact that by the percentages listed in one of the posts above they are the group with the smallest percentage of abortions speaks volumes. It means that they have access to contraception, which is expensive for women and often not covered by insurance. That doesn't mean that abortion bans are GOOD for them. It's a disaster for them as well. But they are not "disproportionally affected".

by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2022 5:25 AM

R107, all those people you are talking about are WOMEN. That word being completely absent is the ACLU's post is fucking glaring and trying to explain it away just makes it more glaring. It is also not the first time they've pretended women don't exist. So, speaking as a woman...go fuck yourself and your attempted mansplaining bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2022 5:37 AM

[quote] In the most recent data from the CDC in 2019, Black women had the highest rate of abortions with 23.8 abortions per 1,000 women.

The current situation will present the opportunity to teach black women about other types of birth control.

[quote] The thing I find hilarious is that the anti-abortion people are making more black and hispanic babies

There’s no indication that black women will mindlessly have babies and not travel to an abortion provider and not begin to use contraception.

by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2022 5:38 AM

R107, Actually we do know the statistics. There are more than 600,000 abortions a year, of which around 600 are undergone by people who identify as trans or nonbinary. That percentage is *smaller* than their overall percentage of the population--which is around 1 percent. So they are less impacted by the ban on abortion than other groups are--aka women.

So, 99.9 percent of abortions are performed on people who identify as women, but the fucking ACLU can't bring itself to use the word.

If you're a woman going around having heterosexual sex, you're way more likely to get pregnant than a woman who has woman on woman. FtMs don't get pregnant that easily because testosterone and hormone blockers interfere with the female reproductive cycle. (Duh.)

I don't even know why you're trying to defend the ACLU's kneejerk stupidity about this.

by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2022 5:42 AM

But one of the problems is expense. The other is education. The lack of money and substandard education is a widespread problem in the black community. I think it's ironic that some of the more racist element on DL and elsewhere would rant about the excess numbers of black births (even though statistically black women are very close to white women in birth-rate) while at the same time complaining that they are getting too many abortions.

by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2022 5:43 AM

But transmen are only one of the groups of LGBT who are physically capable of becoming pregnant. The anti-trans people on this keep ignoring the fact that lesbians and bisexual women are completely capable of becoming pregnant while they are in child-bearing years.

by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2022 5:45 AM

R112, I don't think anyone said that bi and lesbian women were incapable of becoming pregnant--*however* they are not more impacted by the ban on abortion than straight women, so it was idiotic of the ACLU to single out LGBT as being particularly impacted by the ban. They're not. Poor, younger women are the most impacted by the ban--and larger percentage of poor women in this country skew non-white.

So, the ACLU included one group that is not, in fact, more impacted by the ban than other groups (LGBT) while refusing to use the term that describes nearly *all* of the people who are directly impacted by the ban--women.

It was a stupid post and that the ACLU couldn't figure out why it was stupid says that they're going to do a fucking awful job of fighting for women's reproductive rights in courts. I'll donate to a group that's got its act together and isn't afraid of the W word.

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2022 6:09 AM

Lesbians are consistently classed as one of the poorest groups in the US

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2022 6:16 AM

R114, Yes and? They're still not having a ton of procreative sex that results in unwanted pregnancies, so it's a real stretch to argue that they're particularly impacted by this ban. Are there lesbians who have abortions? Yes? Are they more prone to unwanted or nonviable pregnancies than other women? No.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2022 6:23 AM

I can't wait for R114 to mansplain to this lesbian how lesbians are accidentally getting pregnant to the point that they are disproportionately affected by this when compared to hetero women. This should be hilarious.

I mean, do we just keep tripping and landing on penises that just happen to be ejaculating at that very moment? Is it toilet seats? I never trusted those toilet seats!! Oh, no, I know. You've discovered our secret! We lesbians are actually all hermaphroditic and self-fertilize and then immediately regret out actions and run to the closest abortion doctor! It's actually one of our main hobbies. Shh, don't tell anyone else, DL denizens, that's been an ancient lesbian secret for all of history.

by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2022 6:50 AM

Lesbians don’t get knocked up by accident. That’s the different. Heterosexual women fuck men. They are going to have the highest rate of pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2022 6:55 AM

What bewilders me about the OP's statement is this:

Let's go along, for a moment, with the ACLU's insistence that not only women can get pregnant. Even then, the VAST majority of "pregnant people" (such a ridiculous phrase) identify as women.

So, why on Earth haven't the ACLU included women on their list of people disproportionately affected by abortion bans? It makes no sense, even according to their own logic.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2022 7:01 AM

r118 The word "women" *triggers* the tranny cult.

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2022 7:05 AM

The murderous rage these trolls get into because some organization used "people" instead of "women" in a tweet is just incredible.

ACLU is retweeting groups like Sister Song who emphatically describe those who get abortions as "women" so it's not like they're opposed to the language.

You're not angry because you think the word "people" excludes women, you're angry because you think it includes trans men, which it does, and that's the real problem you have. You know that saying that what you're really upset about is that trans men get abortions and the ACLU is including them in their language, but you also know you look like the bigots you are when you say it, so you scream that the word "people" excludes women.

It does not hurt you one bit if the ACLU tweets "people" so that it can include the few trans men who are included in abortion statistics.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2022 7:09 AM

[quote] At this point even using the word FEMALE would be something but that would still upset trans people.

r93 You haven't been updated. After the mainstream media normalised proudly showing off their support for men's rights (what they call trans) in women's spaces (including sports), they moved on to the next thing: "In 2005, Worley -- who is [b]an XY female[/b]". That Worley is a man, claiming to be a woman (trans), whom the 'right side of the history' people now refer to as "a female", albeit XY.

So these people who either intentionally get pregnant or want abortions while claiming to be men or non-women, probably think of themselves as "male" sth or at least not "female".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2022 7:22 AM

It's so funny reading LGBTraitors trying to explain or justify why the ACLU can't or won't say "women".

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2022 7:30 AM

Moron at R120, they listed the "people" they were talking about and none of them was women. That's the problem, you bloviating idiot.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote]But transmen are only one of the groups of LGBT who are physically capable of becoming pregnant. The anti-trans people on this keep ignoring the fact that lesbians and bisexual women are completely capable of becoming pregnant while they are in child-bearing years.

Meluvinguy, you are a real mule. Nobody says that these LGBT women can not remain pregnant, but the text was about women (even though they didn't want to mention the word woman) who would be the most affected by the abortion ban. Even though any women in age of fertility could be affected, there are more vulnerable groups of women.

And women from the LGBT community, not only that they are not most affected, but are certainly at lower risk than other women, namely straight women, who are practicing heterosexual intercourse.

Nobody reasonable would argue that women of color would be more affected as the statistics shows, due to higher poverty rates. Also, women of any color, white, purple or green who have low income and no property would be among the most affected. Women with lower education. And young women, due to lack of experience, knowledge and financial resources.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2022 9:14 AM

[quote]Lesbians are consistently classed as one of the poorest groups in the US

They might be poor, but they don't really have a lot of interaction with dick. Didn't mama explain you how the kids are made.

Old women are also one of the poorest groups of people, yet nobody would say that they could be very affected by the abortion ban. Capisc?

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2022 9:20 AM

I use the terms XX and XY now. XXs can have babies. XYs cannot.

Pregnant anythings are XX. See how easy this makes it!

100 % of abortions are performed on XXs, no matter what they call themselves.

0% of abortions are performed on XYs, no matter what they call themselves.

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2022 2:13 PM

"It does not hurt you one bit if the ACLU tweets 'people' so that it can include the few trans men who are included in abortion statistics."

Language matters. It's bad enough to force women, linguistically, to become a subset in a larger group of "non-men" or "other" (thus robbing them of their social identity as a sex class), but it's become apparent that this is just "warming up" the American public for the legal shenanigans to come. R120, you know, deep down, that this would NEVER happen to male human beings. Never. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2022 2:50 PM

It's the control of other people, which is part of the trans fetish. It's the power in forcing people who don't believe as you do to use nonsensical language while ignoring reality. Trans women are men, trans men are women, and women are the ones who get pregnant. There are no female "fathers".

The "pregnant people", "lactating person" shit is peaking a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Very clever R26, but xx chromosome makes a woman and xy a man.

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote][R104], having a uterus with a fertilized egg implanted in it can literally only happen in women. You can call yourself a kumquat but that fertilized egg implanted in your uterus says different.

For people since the dawn of Homo Sapiens, the notion of XY in its core is based on the ability to bear children and the related biological features serving that ability.

English has evolved to use 'woman' as a word for that notion, other languages use different collections of sounds. Should English have evolved to use 'babajabba' as the word for the XY notion, today we would have ACLU pretending that the word 'babajabba' didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2022 4:11 PM

Trans Babajabba are Babajabba!

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2022 4:21 PM

It's Zir-zed Strangio, TransEsq.

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2022 4:24 PM

Yes as a gay man I've needed access to abortion almost daily.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2022 5:08 PM

I wonder how many abortions Dawson has needed? Or maybe he just pops a morning after his loading sessions.

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2022 5:50 PM

[quote]Moron at [R120], they listed the "people" they were talking about and none of them was women.

Nunna them wuz women!

The ACLU listed "people" and those people include women. They were talking about women. You're pretending like they're not talking about women so you can get angry, but you're just lying, and the biggest hint that you're lying are those 13 WWs you gave yourself.

Look, I know you guys don't understand this, but people who are not Datalounge members don't see the WWs you give yourselves, so only DL members will see the 13WWs you have for that low-intelligence nonsense you posted, and no DLers are fooled by that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2022 6:55 PM

It really upsets you that you are being disagreed with, doesn't it, R135? Narcissistic injury. Sends you into a rage.

Go dilate your pus hole.

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2022 7:34 PM

ACLU : American Crime Lovers Union

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2022 7:34 PM

R135, If they were talking about women, then they need to be able to use the word. We all know the only reason they're not is because of a tiny group of people who hurl abuse if they use the word that describes, literally, 99.9 percent of the people who receive abortions.

Women. WOMEN. WOMEN.

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2022 9:17 PM

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 percent

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2022 9:36 PM

100% of people who have abortions are women. One. Hundred. Percent.

R135, I didn't WW myself even once. I there something mentally wrong with you...I mean, other than the obvious? Reach into your pants and grab your dick and look in a mirror and say 'man' over and over. Maybe that ill help clear things up in your brain concerning the definition of the sexes.

by Anonymousreply 140May 17, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote]100% of people who have abortions are women. One. Hundred. Percent.

R140 I don't know what happened to people who claim that women receive 99,9 percent of abortion. What are 0,1 percent? Men? How the hell can a man get pregnant? Are you people hypnotized?

by Anonymousreply 141May 17, 2022 7:58 AM

[quote] It's so funny reading LGBTraitors trying to explain or justify why the ACLU can't or won't say "women".

LGBTraitors?

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2022 8:20 AM

[quote]The ACLU listed "people" and those people include women. They were talking about women. You're pretending like they're not talking about women so you can get angry, but you're just lying, and the biggest hint that you're lying are those 13 WWs you gave yourself.

You're one of the ALL LIVES MATTER people aren't you? Black people are people so ALL LIVES MATTER includes black people.

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2022 8:21 AM

I said 99.9 percent because I'm willing to let people self-identify, even I don't personally really buy it. But even with that, the percentage of "pregnant people" who identify as women and get abortions is 99.9 percent.

It's a woman's issue--and it's insanely stupid to pretend that this isn't the case.

by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2022 8:57 AM

go fuck yourself and your attempted mansplaining bullshit.

Why don't you go fuck yourself woman! Why do we have to tolerate your man hatred here?! Plenty of bio woman believe in and support this garbage. Why don't you start with their irrational WOMANSPLAINING! My GOD you're hateful. Go speak to feminists who are silent on the matter!!

by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2022 10:04 AM

Why aren't all woman supporting Rowling who is the only one brave enough to be vocal? They should all be out there for her and yet they are cowering. They have no problem calling out men in shirts and ties for patriarchal oppression but put those same men in a dress and women are frightened as hell.

by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2022 10:16 AM

The MRA idiot incel has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2022 12:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2022 12:42 PM

Oh, R143, you're sure trying, but you're not doing very well.

You're the one allied with rightwingers, not me. You're the one who supports anti-gay, anti-LGBT legislation started by the far right, which is rich considering you're not even American. Must be nice to be some asshole sitting in Britain, posting on a board full of Americans, telling them that legislation that discriminates against them is good and they should shut up and take it.

I also see you're on the "Everyone's getting COVID again" thread, suggesting that COVID isn't really a problem and saying that liberals "don’t want Covid to be over because they will lose influence and airtime." Again, that's a rightwing talking point.

I just wish you would sober up for a second, get sane for just half a minute, and realize that if the only way you can defend your political position is to completely invent a personality trait for someone you disagree with, that maybe you don't have the moral and ethical high ground you claim you do. But you won't.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2022 12:54 PM

A bunch of companies are saying they will pay for travel expenses for employees that need an abortion. Amazon, Facebook, Starbucks, and others have said so. So what will the states do to the companies that send their employees to have abortions, kick them out of the state?

by Anonymousreply 150May 18, 2022 1:40 AM

The zealots legislating against abortion couldn't restrict women from having an abortion in another state, could they? I don't really know how state laws work in the U.S. and the issue seems complicated by the insurance system you have over there. I'm assuming medical insurance is countrywide rather than statewide, but I never cease to be amazed at the conditions, restrictions, costs and general fuckuppery involved.

by Anonymousreply 151May 18, 2022 6:56 AM

Oh, R151, it's so cute that you think abortion is covered by insurance in this backwards shithole. Some might. Some don't. Coverage through any of the various federal or state medical care programs are a crapshoot dependent on which state you are talking about and who happens to be in charge of the federal government at any given moment.

This country hates women. This is just one of the many ways it expresses the hate. Wonder when talk of burkas enters the picture?

by Anonymousreply 152May 18, 2022 7:18 AM

The realities of abortion coverage through insurance at the link. But, hey, if you want some boner pills or PrEP or anything else used so men can fuck, they're working on handing them out in pez dispensers for free!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 18, 2022 7:21 AM

Wow, I was naive. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, too. Thanks for the additional info, R152 / R153.

by Anonymousreply 154May 18, 2022 7:40 AM

And as trans rights spread oh it will get much much worse. Thank you very much pro trans people who with your fucking fairness started with such zeal the ball rolling with this years ago and which has exploded into a clusterfuck of big bang proportions. Of course I and everyone else knows the repigs were lying in wait for this the whole give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves strategy.

My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you and I thank you.

by Anonymousreply 155May 18, 2022 9:18 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2022 11:15 PM

wo-men

wimin

womyn

wombynx

by Anonymousreply 157July 10, 2022 11:23 PM

WOMEN WOMAN WOMEN WOMAN WOMEN WOMAN WOMEN

by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2022 12:00 AM

The ACLU’s current focus is making sure male trans sex offenders be placed in womens prisons. They are a sick and evil group these days. Need to be protested and shut down!!

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2022 1:00 AM

(R159) Correct, in our city a male trans sex offender received a huge monetary settlement when the ACLU took her case. She was place with male prisoners and was subjected to constant sexual attacks.

by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2022 7:11 PM

^^^ I somehow doubt that he was subjected to constant sexual attacks. Define sexual attacks? Did someone misgender him?

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2022 9:42 PM

I doubt that happened the way you describe, R160. Link to a news story about the case.

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2022 11:11 PM

Mainstream media too. In a Times editorial the writer kept referring to "people who get pregnant." Un-fucking believable. This kind of shit is creating Republicans by the hundreds every day.

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote] They are a sick and evil group these days.

r159 For too many years, not just these days.

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2022 11:23 PM

Nailed it r5

It's basically a personality disorder at this point

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2022 11:23 PM

The ACLU is a joke. They don’t even support free speech anymore. They also sell their previously good reputation to sleazy celebs for big money. Please don’t give them a dime.

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2022 11:30 PM

R166 I get fundraising junk mail from them at least twice a month. Straight into the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2022 11:33 PM

(162) Do a search on the following: Transgender woman sues Allegheny County Jail after alleged sexual assault. She received $300,00 in damages. She claims she was repeatedly assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 168July 12, 2022 12:30 AM

Was it a trans man or a trans woman? You people are not being clear. It was a trans man who was put in a male prison? In other words a woman dressed as a man and then repeatedly raped? Or a woman who had transitioned physically into a male and then repeatedly got it up the wazoo?

by Anonymousreply 169July 12, 2022 1:11 AM

So men who get butt fucked in prison automatically get 300K? Is this in Monopoly money?

by Anonymousreply 170July 12, 2022 1:19 AM

ACLU has failed their NCLEX hundreds of times!

by Anonymousreply 171July 12, 2022 1:36 AM

All those things are true, OP.

You're just a Milo clones looking for an excuse to attack trans people

by Anonymousreply 172July 12, 2022 1:37 AM

R166 and r167 probably support Ron de Santis and his "stop woke" act. Republicans are hysterical 🤣 😂

by Anonymousreply 173July 12, 2022 1:39 AM

R155, meanwhile more than 50% of people don't know a trans person

The GOP Utah governor vetoed a bill trying to ban trans athletes in his stare which only has 4 trans athletes.....imagine trying to pretend to be a liberal when you have more conservative views than a Republican from Utah

by Anonymousreply 174July 12, 2022 1:40 AM

r158 Mr. XX, females didn't want men in women... and now it's biting them in vagina.

by Anonymousreply 175July 12, 2022 1:43 AM

R173 The reason I get a lot of mail from the ACLU is because I contribute to many liberal causes and to the Democratic Party. My hope is that the woke trans activist maniacs don't totally destroy liberalism and the Democratic Party. And it's the bonkers activists I object to, not trans people themselves. So, in other words, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 176July 12, 2022 1:44 AM

[quote] The GOP Utah governor vetoed a bill trying to ban trans athletes in his stare which only has 4 trans athletes.....imagine trying to pretend to be a liberal when you have more conservative views than a Republican from Utah

You fool, they love transing little effeminate future-gay boys. Utah don't want none of that gay stuff.

A friend's grandson has thus been transed into a granddaughter in Utah. The crazy mother is a pediatrician. The friend's weak ass son is too scared to speak up. She probably makes more money than he does.

by Anonymousreply 177July 12, 2022 3:21 AM

R176 the ACLU have already destroyed the Democratic Party and Liberalism.

by Anonymousreply 178July 12, 2022 3:25 AM

*has

by Anonymousreply 179July 12, 2022 3:25 AM

[quote] ACLU Won’t Say “Women” Yet Again

What the fuck are "women"?

by Anonymousreply 180July 12, 2022 3:32 AM

[quote] Mainstream media too. In a Times editorial the writer kept referring to "people who get pregnant." Un-fucking believable.

r163 Yes but this is not even un-fucking believable but completely expected. Proudly, openly pushing TRA lies and twisted agenda. I already noticed this in 2019-2020 that the propaganda-influenced reports had already been the norm for years. Mental gay/lesbian/women's media/orgs (like that sick, longtime trans-pushing Planned Parenthood) & mainstream media are given. But medical things like Healthline (notorious pusher of the 'men' vs 'birthing ppl or bleeders or sth' narrative), The Lancet, other so-called reputable institutes/sources, crazy TRA tards medical students, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 12, 2022 3:37 AM

r176 if they don't, the radical feminists will.

by Anonymousreply 182July 12, 2022 4:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 12, 2022 3:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 12, 2022 3:21 PM

Surrogacy should be banned also.

by Anonymousreply 185July 12, 2022 3:22 PM

Trans Twitter has launched an attack on the LGB Alliance. Dog piling galore.

They all seem rather prepared for this, don't they. This guy has a whole thread all ready to go.

Dominic Buxton @DominicBuxton The LGB Alliance was founded to oppose Stonewall’s inclusion and fight for equality for trans people. They target trans people specifically, exclude them from the community and try to invalidate/eradicate their existence purely based on who they are and how they identify.

(1/7)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 12, 2022 6:21 PM

WHO has been captured. They are very susceptible to the latest trend and political lobbying. This is not the old WHO.

They are also listening to people who have been alienating children from the other parent (usually fathers) and trying to deny the existence of Parental Alienation. Of course, these are almost exclusively parents (usually mothers) who have alienated their children.

it is particularly disgusting when professional organizations and international bodies which should be listening to science and open to phenomena that causes real harm to people and children sidle up to the lobbyists with more money.

by Anonymousreply 187July 12, 2022 6:26 PM

The WHO chief was instrumental in the Tigray genocide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 12, 2022 10:14 PM

Asserting that "women is a given" in ACLU's statement is deeply dishonest. The ACLU even modified a Ruth Bader Ginsburg quote to REMOVE the word woman. Of course that's what they've done here, too. As have countless media outlets and institutions over the last couple of years. To say it's not happening means you're delusional, duplicitous, or both.

by Anonymousreply 189July 13, 2022 2:45 PM

R189. YES! I was going to say that but I was shut out during "Prime Time" DL-style.

So thank you for calling out these dishonest people who have destroyed my beloved ACLU.

As with all things trans, it is a lie. And that lie starts with the very basis of trans.

by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2022 2:51 PM

r187 Yes, far too many international orgs as well many years ago.

Like UN Women have been shrieking "Trans 👏 women 👏 are 👏 women 👏" (copy & paste 10+ times) at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 191July 13, 2022 2:52 PM

r189 Speaking of that repulsive modification, when will our (western) sick media, institutions and governments start renaming same-sex marriage to same-gender marriage?

by Anonymousreply 192July 13, 2022 3:01 PM

I hope they can force Musk to buy Twitter so we can say these things publicly without fear on what has essentially become the world's largest public forum.

How can there be pushback against this nonsense and lies when one side is severely punished if it dares to push back even just stating basic science and reality.

There was a discussion yesterday on Twitter because JK Rowling expressed an opinion on a tweet reporting forcing women and girls to accept males (as men and as males identifying as trans women) as "attendants' to handle their intimate physical needs. Like wiping their butts and dressing them and dealing with menstrual needs. This was by disabled individual who prefer a female to handle these matters.

There is a long thread by someone condemning as hateful and transphobic anyone who would deny a man in any form the right - THEIR right mind you, not the disabled female's right - to perform these tasks on a female.

It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2022 3:21 PM

They should call men “scrotum carriers” to even the playing field. I’d enjoy that in some level.

by Anonymousreply 194July 13, 2022 7:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!