Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Barnette Soars in Polls for Republican Senate Nomination with Personal Antiabortion Story

Influential Republicans in Washington and among the nationwide party elite are having a belated "oh s--t" moment over the previously unimaginable prospect that Kathy Barnette could win their party's nomination for the open Senate seat in Pennsylvania.

Why it matters: In Barnette, who's been soaring in the polls ahead of Tuesday's primary, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell would be dealing with a general election candidate who'd be an opposition researcher's dream — potentially endangering the GOP effort to take back the Senate.

McConnell has been fixated on ensuring the 2022 midterms are not a repeat of the 2012 or 2010 cycles. The Kentuckian said Republicans missed good chances to win the majority in those years because they nominated candidates who talked about things like "legitimate rape" or had to publicly assure voters they weren't witches. Barnette’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Barnette has surged after releasing a powerful video — "It wasn't a choice. It was a life." — in which she movingly talks about how her mother was raped when she was 11 and yet Barnette is the living, breathing byproduct of that horrific circumstance.

The video's hit a nerve with primary voters in Pennsylvania, a source close to one of Barnette's rivals told Axios, and gained resonance following the leak of a draft Supreme Court decision that would overturn Roe v. Wade. Barnette is also the uncommon Black Republican candidate. At the same time, a cursory review of her Twitter account, @Kathy4Truth, turned up tweets like this one: "Just confronted a Muslim today."

She joins Missouri Senate candidate Eric Greitens — whose alleged misdeeds are numerous and graphic — on a list of potential Republican Senate nominees giving heartburn to GOP leadership. They not only create the potential of blowing winnable seats but being unmanageable for McConnell should he return as Senate majority leader next year. Between the lines: The past few days have brought a wild scramble to destroy Barnette. Republican operatives were late to awaken to her political chances.

Most had pegged Pennsylvania's Senate race as a two-man battle between celebrity TV doctor Mehmet Oz and former hedge fund CEO and Army veteran David McCormick.

Oz and McCormick — and their outside operations — have spent millions nuking each other with vicious commercials saturating Pennsylvania television. Oz has attacked McCormick as soft on China, and McCormick has hit Oz for his past comments that are supportive of abortion and gun control. That two-man ad war has hurt both candidates and provided a rare opportunity for Barnette to sneak up, ignored and untouched. Neither rival nor their backers have put serious money on TV to promote her history of comments that would ordinarily disqualify a candidate in a general election, if not a Republican primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 19, 2022 7:23 PM

I don't know who's scarier in this race, this crazy bitch or Turk-Russian asset Mehmet Oz.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2022 1:07 AM

She will win, remember Black Girls are Magic!

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2022 1:14 AM

I hope her rise in the polls won’t have the uninteyeffect - as some pundits are predicting - of helping McCormick. I think he’d be the toughest to beat in November.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2022 1:24 AM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2022 1:30 AM

^unintended effect

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2022 1:42 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2022 3:08 AM

FREAK OUT

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2022 3:11 AM

I doubt she will prevail.

First she's black, then a woman, then a performative weirdo, plus Trump doesn't approve.

I could be completely wrong, of course.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2022 3:44 AM

R8, black Republicans are being elected all Over the country. See Utah, South Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina . So are women . So are performative weirdos. What’s your point?

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2022 11:45 AM

Republican voters tend to love voting for Black republicans. One, it enables them to say they're not racists. Two, Black republicans are despised by most Blacks & the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2022 12:17 PM

Yep, and it’s a shrewd move. It gives a lot of suburban and independent people cover to vote Republican. It also might partially explain why black male support for Democrats is eroding.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2022 12:21 PM

The Democratic view of all blacks as victims is depressing. And almost none of the solutions Dems propose to reduce inequality actually work. Not a fan of this woman but I could see more black Republicans getting elected. And more erosion among blacks and Hispanic support for Dems.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2022 12:30 PM

Latinos already have largely defected to republicans

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2022 1:23 PM

I’m old enough to remember when people claimed Democrats had a structural and demographic advantage that would soon doom the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2022 2:42 PM

Yup- running without the permission and approval of the fascist overlords. Uppity don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2022 2:42 PM

I’m old enough to remember when progressives, the media, and Democrats triumphantly proclaimed they had won the culture wars. 2015 seems to be so long ago

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2022 2:44 PM

Facebook has brainwashed a lot of blacks and minorities against democrats. It’s not authentic. They have been force feed millions of memes to the point that would make the CIA experiments from the 1960s blush.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2022 2:46 PM

TikTok also has a lot of anti Democratic black content

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2022 2:49 PM

The Hodge Twins are virulently antiDemocratic black social media celebrities. It’s not just Diamond and Silk. There are a lot of popular black Male accounts that pretzel against Democrats

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2022 2:51 PM

I don’t get how and why Democrats have become so bad at social media. It was Obama who skillfully used the Internet and social media to get his message out and organize supporters.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2022 2:53 PM

In posts, and comments on her radio show, Barnette frequently condemned being gay and transgender.

"Two men sleeping together, two men holding hands, two men caressing, that is not normal," she said on her radio show in July 2015, when a Supreme Court ruling cleared the way for same-sex marriage.

On the same show, Barnette argued accepting same-sex marriage would lead to a "slippery slope" of accepting incest and pedophilia, in an episode that was deleted from her SoundCloud page after CNN's KFile reached out to the Barnette campaign for comment.

"If love is the litmus test, who are we to say, well, your love is legitimate love, same-sex couples, but your love, father and daughter, is not legitimate. Or your love, one man and three women, is not legitimate, or one older man and a 12-year-old child. If love is the litmus test, it becomes a very slippery slope. And that is where we, we find ourselves today."

In one 2015 post, Barnette attacked the transgender former reality star and Olympic champion Caitlyn Jenner as "deformed" and "demonic," while attacking what she called a "barrage to normalize sexual perversion." In comments in the same post, Barnette warned of a "take-over" occurring by the "Homosexual agenda."

On another show from the same time, Barnette hosted "two ex-gays" to show "the real story behind all those happy 'gay' photos we see, & God's Redemptive story in both of their lives." One conversation featured the president of "Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX)." In one post from 2010, Barnette wrote the "homosexual AGENDA" seeks "domination." In a post in 2013, Barnette said America couldn't coexist with the "Homosexual agenda."

"The aggressive homosexual agenda is coming soon to a kitchen table near you," she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2022 2:54 PM

R21 What a nut.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2022 3:44 PM

She might be a US Senator soon

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2022 4:05 PM

Well she did grow up on a pig farm.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote] I’m old enough to remember when people claimed Democrats had a structural and demographic advantage that would soon doom the Republicans.

That was before whites, especially men, became to coalesce in greater numbers with republicans, who also started to attract more Hispanics & Blacks (especially Black men).

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2022 4:26 PM

Black rightwing Republicans are getting elected across the county. Eventually, they will be on the Republican presidential ticket and severely threaten Democrats’ ability to get a solid black vote.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Her husband pings to high heavens.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2022 4:46 PM

Yep, piss-poor management by the Biden team combined with the Democrats pushing extreme ideologies are diluting their base support among blacks, Hispanics, and even gay men and lesbians. Unbelievable how they've managed to fuck this up so badly.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2022 4:57 PM

I love how some here prattle on about how the Democrats haven't got solutions to address inequality, as if the GOP has ever brought forth any.

Not to mention the racial dog whistles they trot out on a regular basis, which right wing Blacks like this woman brush aside. Talk being a useful idiot.

The GOP should use the tagline Scaring White People Since 1964.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2022 5:01 PM

Here's the thing, r29. I hate the Republicans, I won't vote for them, they're hateful racists, misogynists, and homophobes. But I cannot, in good conscience, vote for the Democrats anymore as they are now trafficking in their own form of racism, misogyny, and homophobia (plus their management of the country right now is beyond shitty). There's a lot of us -- gay men, lesbians, blacks, Hispanics, etc. -- who are politically lost. It is maddening.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2022 5:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2022 5:10 PM

It’s a shame that bigoted Republicans have been able to convince a growing share of Latino and black voters thar their party is somehow less of a threat than Democrats, who are imperfect, but generally have their best interest at heart. I see all the Black people on social media talking against Democrats, but at least Democrats attempt to make life better for Black people. Republicans are openly hostile to specific policies designed to address inequality and bigotry

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2022 5:17 PM

^^^ is that why Chicago is a war zone for black people? Lori Lightfoot doesn't give a shit whether minorities are safe or not.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2022 5:27 PM

Blacks are conservative and homophobic, generally. The Democrats convincing Blacks they give two shits about them is one of history’s greatest cons.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2022 5:28 PM

Black Republicans are harder for the left to attack. Obviously, claims of racism don't work as well. But claims of homophobia, sexism and other discrimination can't be lobbed so easily either.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2022 5:29 PM

Who the fuck is this bitch? We invented the shucking and jiving for Fox audiences!

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2022 5:33 PM

r11 How much roughly is it eroding by?

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2022 5:40 PM

r11 How much roughly is it eroding by?

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2022 5:40 PM

You know it’s bad when she’s TOO-MAGA for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2022 5:43 PM

Throughout history, there always has been black sellouts and c**ns. even during slavery, they were blacks who were against abolition. During Jim Crow, there were blacks who were against the civil rights movement. Every group has its share of traitors and ignoramuses

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2022 5:51 PM

I can't stand Oz, but if the same fuckers cheering on Mike Flynn, have an issue with Oz's Turkey connection, then it's obvious they're bigots/racists and that was the only reason they ever supported Trump in the first place. I mean what other reason would there have been to support that imbecile?

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2022 5:52 PM

Instead of worrying about gays maybe she should work towards pushing education and that traditional marriage in poor Black communities.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2022 5:52 PM

Who talked her into the Howard Stern-style wig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2022 6:03 PM

r42, In all fairness she is worried about those things. However I'm gay so cunts like her are just gna learn to deal with me and my whole army.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2022 6:13 PM

Another Idiot Gen X politician!

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2022 6:41 PM

Why hasn’t Joy Reid shredded this bitch yet?

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2022 7:43 PM

It needs to be pointed out that if she wins, she will possess the most ginormous tits in the entire Senate!

Just look at them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2022 7:49 PM

I think everyone knows Oz is problematic, so all the R’s are getting desperate and rallying around this horrid bitch instead.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2022 7:52 PM

I live in the Philadelphia television market and they are starting to hammer her hard in ads. Talking about how she was pro-BLM and anti-Trump. The ad must have run seven or eight times during the local news this morning. The PA GOP is worried that she will win and are trying to prevent that at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2022 8:11 PM

Would be fun to watch them try that racism bullshit out on Fetterman with her as their nominee.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2022 9:20 PM

She is Pennsylvania’s own Marjorie Q Green. She’s that level of crazy and delusion.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2022 9:33 PM

Her mother should have aborted.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2022 9:36 PM

I say good- bring it on. Elect the most batshit and divisive set of morons and loons to represent the republican party.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2022 10:52 PM

Complained about having to ride on a plane with a "homosexual female"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2022 11:00 PM

To the person asking about Joy Reid, she's covering it right now.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2022 11:02 PM

Save me, MAGA! I had to ride on the airplane in the seat next to a lesbian!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2022 11:04 PM

[quote]Why hasn’t Joy Reid shredded this bitch yet?

I spoke too soon. Joy is shredding this cunt right now.

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2022 11:07 PM

I'm not watching it, but how exactly can Joy "my computer was hacked" Reid shred her about the anti-gay comments?

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2022 11:56 PM

Her crossdresser wig is tragic. Does she order them on amazon?

by Anonymousreply 59May 14, 2022 12:00 AM

R58, Because at the end of the day Joy is still on our side. We are all imperfect sinners, and have said things in the past which we later regret. It's called being human.

by Anonymousreply 60May 14, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote]The Democratic view of all blacks as victims is depressing.

You completely making shit up as you pull it out of your ass is more depressing!

by Anonymousreply 61May 14, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote]I'm not watching it, but how exactly can Joy "my computer was hacked" Reid shred her about the anti-gay comments?

Ironic, because Kathy Barnette pulled a "Joy Reid" herself and denied she wrote her own anti-Muslim tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 14, 2022 12:16 AM

R62 That seems to be the go to excuse, but no one EVER believes it.

by Anonymousreply 63May 14, 2022 12:33 AM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 64May 14, 2022 1:59 AM

I feel like this dumb bitch is more of a threat. I’d rather just have Oz win on the R side, because he’s easily beatable in November. She’s a wildcard.

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2022 4:51 PM

Scary

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote] I’d rather just have Oz win on the R side, because he’s easily beatable in November.

If the predicted tsunami occurs in November, no republican running in a competitive state will be easily beatable.

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2022 8:00 PM

The crazy bitch is another Sharron Angle or Todd Akin. She's overflowing with BATSHIT ideas, and has a long history of saying nakedly offensive shit to all sorts of audiences. She isn't someone who's said one or two weird things. She's someone who says loony shit every day, in every room.

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2022 8:02 PM

R58, what she said about gay people is way worse than what Reid said

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2022 8:06 PM

R67 Despite the media hype about a "red tsunami" coming, there's actually scant evidence of it. The generic congressional ballot has Democrats either ahead or tied with the GOP. At this point in previous "wave" years, the generic ballot had already swung away from the party in power. This hasn't happened in 2022.

Also, redistricting gave a modest boost to Democrats nationwide, while also virtually wiping out the concept of a "swing district" from coast to coast. In cycles past, you could count on a few dozen 50/50 seats possibly swinging one way or the other with the national trend. But not this year. There just aren't enough swing districts left for that. The suburbs have all been carved up into safely blue and safely red seats.

Also, many of the top-shelf candidates are turning out to be absolute stinkers for the GOP (think Herschel Walker, Dr. Oz, and this bitch). Meanwhile, the Democrats' incumbents are swimming in cash and their challengers (think John Fetterman, Val Demings, and Tim Ryan) are scandal-free and good at raising money. The duds and losers are all on the Red side this year.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2022 8:12 PM

Fetterman will be the next senator. He's appealing enough to moderates .

No one who isn't scum could vote for scum like this woman. What a vile bitch.

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2022 8:22 PM

Right-Wing Media Join GOP Panic Over Kathy Barnette

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2022 8:33 PM

Godspeed Senator Barnette!

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2022 8:37 PM

The GOP created the environment for these ultra-MAGA candidates to succeed with their base and win R primaries. They have nobody to blame but themselves. These extremist candidates might work in Alabama, but they are not electable in November in moderate states like Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2022 8:37 PM

Pennsylvania is not nearly as moderate as you intimate

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2022 8:39 PM

Yes, it is. It has a Democratic Governor, and one D and one R Senator...both of whom are moderates. It voted for Obama in 2012, Trump in 2016, and Biden in 2020. It has conservative rural areas, liberal urban areas, and moderate suburban areas. It's moderate.

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2022 8:42 PM

There aren't enough cockroaches to put that asshole Barnette in office. And you can immediately rule out the cockroaches among the cockroaches who would never vote for a black woman. Just because she's a bigot like them, doesn't mean she appeals to them when she's saying it with that color on her.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2022 8:46 PM

It's less pro-Barnette, and more anti-Dr Oz even though Trump endorsed him publicly. De Santis is rising in popularity among Libertarian-leaning Republicans. He doesn't agree with many of Dr Oz' views.

Barnette is strongly pro-2 A in a state with lots of hunters, as well as small rural town residents where the response time of LE means you need a weapon. Dr Oz has stated he's for restricting gun rights.

Oprah Winfrey has long dropped out of favor when she started promoting beliefs Bible-belt Christians and Southern Baptists opposed. Dr Oz and his many controversial medical views is associated with Oprah.

Dr Oz served in the Turkish army and is considered to be a dual citizen.

Dr Oz was one of the 1st to advocate for the vaccine which rubs some Libertarians the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2022 8:57 PM

No I don't live in Barnette's state so of course I won't be voting for her. Nor do I agree with all of her political views. However Dr Oz isn't a good choice either.

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2022 8:58 PM

[quote]De Santis is rising in popularity among Libertarian-leaning Republicans.

So libertarians proving once again that whatever bullshit they claim to believe, is in fact bullshit. It's not enough Rand Paul is a senator from a fucking socialism-dependent state in the top 5, but now DeSantis --who uses the govt to punish anyone who disagrees with him-- is the darling of the "limited govt" crowd?

Magic beans have more credibility than any asshole who claims to be a libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2022 9:02 PM

R79, NO Republican is a good choice. Not a single one of them isn't garbage.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2022 9:02 PM

R9, Note: Your examples are south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Try as DLers might try to make reality, Pennsylvania is not Kentucky-Lite.

This Black MAGA woman would get DEMOLISHED by John Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote]Barnette is strongly pro-2 A in a state with lots of hunters, as well as small rural town residents where the response time of LE means you need a weapon. Dr Oz has stated he's for restricting gun rights.

Yep, and that's why John Fetterman, who is pro-gun, is going to be tough to beat in PA. Pennsylvanians want normalcy, which is not what this black psycho bitch is about, but they also want their guns left alone.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2022 9:12 PM

If I could vote in the Pennsylvania primary, I’d vote for her. Or maybe the Arab.

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote]Her crossdresser wig is tragic. Does she order them on amazon?

TrumpStore.com

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2022 9:47 PM

The PA MAGAts really must be confused--a colored lady and an arab who was friends with that other black lady Oprah? Maybe they should just stay home in November--it will be deer hunting season then. There's plenty of deer to be poached in the PA forests.

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2022 9:52 PM

R70, the redistricting gains Democrats thought they had realized in the spring were dashed by the rejection of their NYS plan. Maybe Florida's still-unresolved plan will offset that. As for the generic congressional ballot showing them ahead or tied with the GOP, you're engaging in some serious cherry picking, as, by far, most of the polls have the GOP up. And considering their dominance in the most populous states, Democrats need to have an advantage of about 4-5% nationally to be competitive in congressional races. None of the most favorable generic congreesional polls have them doing that well.

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2022 9:59 PM

This one checks all the boxes for self hate.

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2022 10:01 PM

Also R87 there is going to be PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL turnout on the Republican side. They are motivated. Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters always have to be fluffed to go out and vote. That is never, ever a problem for Republicans. But it'll be "well Joe Biden only gave me $10K in student loan debt relief, so I'm not voting."

Maybe this Roe elimination will motivate people. (I would've thought an insurrection would've done it, but I was wrong there).

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2022 10:03 PM

[quote]Also [R87] there is going to be PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL turnout on the Republican side. They are motivated. Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters always have to be fluffed to go out and vote. That is never, ever a problem for Republicans. But it'll be "well Joe Biden only gave me $10K in student loan debt relief, so I'm not voting."

Yes, but Pennsylvania has a lot of swing voters (particularly in the suburbs), who often vote R one year and D the next...depending on the candidates. These are the people who voted Trump in 2016 and went for Biden in 2020. Fetterman is going to resonate a lot more with those voters as normal and sane compared to either Dr. Oz or this psycho black bitch.

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2022 10:14 PM

The thing about Fetterman is that he's Trump-like (hear me out!): He doesn't pull punches and isn't afraid to speak his mind, but the difference is that his mind actually has brain cells and he isn't a lying, stupid, hateful sack of shit who uses that ability to connect to the loathsome dregs. He doesn't use his ability to be a despicable, fear-mongering, scapegoating parasite.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2022 10:19 PM

One thing to remember about PA, is that one of the reasons Trump was able to win it in 2016 was because his campaign seemed to be the first one to really try and turn out the Amish vote. That helped him to pull ahead. Which candidate will be able to do that this cycle. Remember in a swing state, every vote counts.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]One thing to remember about PA, is that one of the reasons Trump was able to win it in 2016 was because his campaign seemed to be the first one to really try and turn out the Amish vote. That helped him to pull ahead. Which candidate will be able to do that this cycle. Remember in a swing state, every vote counts.

It certainly isn't going to be Dr Fucking Oz. He doesn't even know where Lancaster County is. And anyway, the Amish vote is not why Trump won...it was white working class and suburban voters who disliked Hillary more than they disliked Trump.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2022 10:37 PM

I'm not snarking here, but do Amish people even vote? I thought the hardcore ones basically lived separated from the rest of American society.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2022 10:47 PM

R93 I didn't say they are why he won, but he did turn out more of them than is typical. Trump won by only around 44,000 votes, so just turning out any Amish voters to vote for him helped. In Lancaster for instance he increased the GOP vote by around 7,000 compared to Romney in 2012. Republican activists have been attempting to get the Amish to vote for years, but it didn't seem to show any dividends until 2016. If you are in a swing state, finding and turning out a group like that can make a huge difference. Though part of what turned the Amish out in 2016 was that they seemed to share the views of other white working class people that anyone would be better than Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote] And anyway, the Amish vote is not why Trump won...it was white working class and suburban voters who disliked Hillary more than they disliked Trump.

And all those who didn't vote because it was inconceivable to them that Donald Trump could be elected president.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2022 10:49 PM

R94

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2022 10:50 PM

If they're photographed at a rally behind Dump, I'm assuming those are paid actors R97. See also Blacks for Trump. Also most men under 40 now have those stupid Amish/Taliban beards.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote] It certainly isn't going to be Dr Fucking Oz. He doesn't even know where Lancaster County is.

He was born in this country, you xenophobic shithead.

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2022 11:00 PM

Pennsylvania is not a MAGA state, outside of a few very conservative areas. In 2016, so many people felt there was no good candidate. They either stayed home or picked the one they thought was less awful. The fact that Trump spent more time campaigning there than Hillary swayed some people too.

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2022 11:00 PM

[quote]He was born in this country, you xenophobic shithead.

He's never lived in Pennsylvania and he certainly doesn't know anything about the state.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2022 11:01 PM

Hopefully the GOP will eat and destroy itself.

Dr. Oz and Barnette can bond of homeopathy or some of the other quack horseshit that he peddles.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2022 11:03 PM

R90, why do you have to say psycho black bitch. Why can't she just be a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2022 11:07 PM

[quote] He's never lived in Pennsylvania and he certainly doesn't know anything about the state.

So? I've never lived in Pennsylvania and I certainly know where Lancaster county is. You were implying because he has a Middle Eastern/Muslim background, he's not a real American.

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2022 11:11 PM

R98 Read the article instead of just looking at the picture. Also, I know people like to think that such people must be paid plants, but many of them are not. The ones like Black people for Trump, or Gays for Trump, might not be representative of their groups but most of the ones you see really believe what they are saying. Having worked in politics, the right is much bigger on NOT paying people to campaign. They say if they support me I shouldn't have to pay for their work. I went to a Labor Day parade here in SC one time, which is considered the start of real campaigning in SC elections, the GOP candidates would have large numbers of unpaid teenage/college volunteers accompanying them. The Dem candidates would as well, but unless they were from the activist wing of the party, most of their volunteers were paid in some way and bussed in from somewhere. The GOP volunteers were supposed to figure out their own transportation. I remember because I ran into a classmate, who I knew wasn't a Democrat, but he was campaigning for a Democrat candidate and when I asked him, he was like she is giving us all $50 plus lunch. Then it was reinforced, cycle after cycle. That doesn't happen on the GOP side that often. Getting a Republican candidate to pay for anything or anyone that isn't themselves or their family is like getting a dollar from Scrooge McDuck and their campaign managers are even worse. Now I'm not saying they don't pay some of the ones you actually hear talking about such things on social media, youtube, FOXNEWS, etc... just not the random ones you see at rallies and events.

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2022 11:15 PM

[quote] So? I've never lived in Pennsylvania and I certainly know where Lancaster county is. You were implying because he has a Middle Eastern/Muslim background, he's not a real American.

He's a fake-ass Hollywood creation who has no business running for Senate from a state he's never lived in.

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2022 11:26 PM

I had trouble opening the Lancaster Bee article R105. Otherwise I'd be interested in reading it. And Trump was known for paying people to stand behind him. Maybe the rest of the right wing typically don't pay people, but we're talking about Trump here. That said, I don't doubt that there are enough crazy/stupid people to attend those rallies and hold up signs. It is a cult after all. I was just skeptical about the hard core Amish voting for him because they live outside of mainstream society. Now if it was one of the looser sects that drive cars, etc that would make sense. The super religious Amish people that were near me growing up didn't seem the types to go for an obnoxious pussygrabber with orange clown makeup, but maybe I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2022 11:48 PM

R104, I absolutely believe a lot of this cunt's support is because that imbecile Trump stupidly believed his base had any other reason to worship him than the bigotry and racism he spread. No one who became a Trump supporter from day one could every justify it for a reason other than being hateful.

The rejection of Oz by hardcoreTtrump supporters proves that they only became MAGAts because of the bigotry and racism he expressed - it was the moment he took over the GOP. The media is too cowardly to call out the real reason they reject Oz when they've accepted other garbage candidates in other races so easily. They'll tolerate this black woman because there's a hierarchy of hate with these MAGAts

They've only proven that even when Oz could not be less of their bigoted "stereotype" it doesn't matter, you will never be seen as an American by these troglodytes. I loathe Oz, but he is in fact accomplished in his own right prior to the Oprah involvement.

by Anonymousreply 108May 15, 2022 12:27 AM

could ever*

by Anonymousreply 109May 15, 2022 12:28 AM

R107 Basically they describe the Amish as you do but the acknowledge that there has been major growth in Amish precincts. Apparently most Amish churches leave exercising the right to vote up to the member’s conscience they neither encourage nor discourage it. The GOP has been working hard in PA to convince as many as they can to choose to vote and to do so for the GOP, and it appears to have had some success. I can also see Trump paying people to stand behind him, I just wouldn’t automatically assume that is the case. And it is an aberration on the GOP side for campaigns to do that. The exception in the past has been non-campaign groups doing astroturfing, but even then the actual boots on the ground rarely get paid.

by Anonymousreply 110May 15, 2022 12:40 AM

R89, And for what did you think January 6, 2021, would have motivated Democrats? Elections that have yet to be held?

BTW, did you happen to note the "PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL" of Democratic voters in 2020? That Democrats were "motivated"?

You're crazy if you think we will be complacent for the Mid-terms.

by Anonymousreply 111May 15, 2022 1:42 AM

R111 The abortion issue is right now the only thing providing Democrats with hopes of stopping a red wave. January 6, just doesn't resonate with voters outside of the Democratic base. I've heard more than a few people, who I do not agree with, who were like, I disagree with why they did it, but it was time someone stormed the Capital and shook them up. President Biden's approval rating is down across the board, he only has a positive approval rating in Maryland, Delaware, Rhode island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois, Washington, and Oregon, if you combine that with the fact that the party in power almost always loses seats in midterm elections and the fact that Democrats barely control either house as it is, this election was/is shaping up to be a bad one for Democrats.

Really the only hope for Democrats is that enough pro-choice women will choose to vote on abortion rather than their pocketbook. The party in power gets punished for the economy, that is just the way it works. And we are having inflation unlike many of us have ever experienced. Abortion is the only issue Democrats can hope to exploit this fall. I'd imagine more than a few were happy the bill failed, because they want it to be a raw issue to run on in the fall. If Democrats can manage to maintain control of either house, they will have the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to thank. I'm also certain that McConnell and McCarthy, did not want the SC to issue that ruling during this term. They would've been fine with it after the election but not six months or so out from an election. Abortion is a lot like immigration, the powerbrokers in both parties don't want the issues really settled because they like to run on those issues election after election.

by Anonymousreply 112May 15, 2022 2:02 AM

Sorry, I forgot to include a link to Joe Biden's Approval Ratings. Also he has a positive rating in Hawaii, I forgot to include them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 15, 2022 2:16 AM

I hope she wins the primary so Fetterman can easily beat her in Nov.

by Anonymousreply 114May 15, 2022 4:16 AM

I dunno

by Anonymousreply 115May 15, 2022 4:24 AM

I see Kathy Barnette and Candace Owens share the same wigmaster.

by Anonymousreply 116May 15, 2022 4:58 AM

Yes thank you R116 I was like her wig looks like someone else’s but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Is there like only one wig supplier for Black GOP women? Do the others refuse to ship to them? And Owens especially could afford a good Korean human hair wig.

by Anonymousreply 117May 15, 2022 5:50 AM

From CNN:

Trump's endorsement of Oz has spurred a backlash from conservative activists in Pennsylvania, some of whom have gravitated towards Barnette because of the former President's decision. Trump said in a statement Thursday that Barnette was not a viable general election candidate. "Kathy Barnette will never be able to win the General Election against the Radical Left Democrats," he said.

Barnette also attacked Fox host Sean Hannity, who has had Oz on his show and asked him about some of her past tweets. She told the audience that Hannity is "doing exactly what he and others have said about the left, he is sowing disinformation in order to suppress our vote, in order to steal an election. That is exactly what they are doing."

Polls have shown Barnette surging in the Republican Senate primary. A Fox poll released this week had all three candidates -- Oz, McCormick and Barnette -- in a virtual tie, causing consternation and worry among Republicans who believe Barnette could be a wild card in November. Barnette took issue with that assumption Saturday, arguing that the Republican Party often makes mistakes in choosing nominees. "I believe the Republican Party has the best story. ... We keep picking people who suck at telling our story. We do," she said. "We keep picking the same old, same old people, thinking we are going to get a different result."

On the criticisms of her, she added: "Their problem with me is that I didn't ask for permission. I didn't ask for permission. I just walked right thorough the front door."

by Anonymousreply 118May 15, 2022 11:32 AM

[quote]The Democratic view of all blacks as victims is depressing.

Yet Blacks are the same ones demanding “reparations”….

If they stop playing the victim, maybe people will quit viewing them as such.

by Anonymousreply 119May 15, 2022 11:41 AM

Asked by Fox News to specify where she worked as an adjunct college professor, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Kathy Barnette refers people to her website but never answers the question. I don't think her response will quell concerns she's lying about her resume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 15, 2022 5:45 PM

It’s interesting that Fox News is the main entity trying to take her down.

by Anonymousreply 121May 15, 2022 5:51 PM

R121 That tells me they agree with Trump's assessment that there are things that will crash any general election campaign by her. The thing is, I cannot figure out why out of all the candidates Trump went all in on Oz. He isn't a great candidate and has connections I wouldn't think Trump would like and could tank his general election. It is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 122May 15, 2022 5:55 PM

They can quibble over candidates, but it’s clear Trumpism controls the GOP coast to coast

by Anonymousreply 123May 15, 2022 6:40 PM

R123 It isn't absolute. There is almost no one Trump has gone after this cycle more than Brian Kemp, the Governor of Georgia, and yet he is expected to cruise to renomination against Trump's handpicked candidate. He has power, but it is wrong to think he controls the party. Even more so since Kemp is endorsed by Mike Pence who is going to GA to hold a rally for him. It is not settled who controls the GOP. Trump just has the biggest megaphone right now.

by Anonymousreply 124May 15, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote] It’s interesting that Fox News is the main entity trying to take her down.

That'll change immediately if she wins the primary.

by Anonymousreply 125May 15, 2022 7:16 PM

[quote]I see Kathy Barnette and Candace Owens share the same wigmaster.

Wilma's House of Yak

by Anonymousreply 126May 15, 2022 7:20 PM

[quote] I see Kathy Barnette and Candace Owens share the same wigmaster.

Rejects from the McCrory's Bargain Bin of Wigs

by Anonymousreply 127May 15, 2022 7:42 PM

R34, um, tons of Dem elected officials are black.

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2022 8:36 PM

R119 think white people are the victims and probably supports the replacement theory

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2022 8:37 PM

Marching with the Proud Boys on Jan. 6th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2022 8:40 PM

So Kathy was one of the Blacks for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2022 8:59 PM

Of course dude

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2022 10:09 PM

#NEW Pennsylvania leads the nation in white supremacist propaganda. In 2020 there were 238 white nationalist incidents in the state. In 2021 that number rose exponentially to 473 white nationalist incidents.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2022 11:14 PM

She really is a stupid fucking bitch. Get a mirror, asshole. you don't fit into Tucker's America. Just like the stupid fucking white gays on here who think going along with hating other groups will suddenly make Tucker and the rest of the White Nationalist scum accept that you like sticking your dick into another guy's ass.

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2022 12:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2022 11:07 PM

Has she started crying “stolen election” yet like a true MAGAt??

by Anonymousreply 136May 18, 2022 7:49 AM

She's out. Oz and McCormick are too close to call. I'm so glad Fetterman won!

by Anonymousreply 137May 18, 2022 8:28 AM

R91 Fetterman is one scary dude. He is fearless as well. The way he responded to the Texas DA offering a million dollar prize for finding voter fraud. So Fetterman finds cases of vote frauds who voted for Trump! Fetterman is the man.

by Anonymousreply 138May 18, 2022 8:40 AM

First Maddy, now this cunt! Two assholes gone in one day!

by Anonymousreply 139May 18, 2022 9:33 AM

Do nutjobs like this really enter thinking they’ll win, or are they just thrown in to split votes so someone like Dr. Fucking Oz can come out ahead?

by Anonymousreply 140May 18, 2022 12:12 PM

She’s not gone. She still claims she won her 2020 Congressional race, which she lost by 20 points.

by Anonymousreply 141May 18, 2022 12:22 PM

She will have her own talk show or at least be on Fox News as a contributor

by Anonymousreply 142May 18, 2022 12:24 PM

R142 I doubt that, maybe OAN or Newsmax. Sean Hannity led the media push against her. His take down was masterful and powerful. She won't be joining FOX.

by Anonymousreply 143May 18, 2022 12:36 PM

Her wig in that pic looks like it came from Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 144May 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Best argument for abortion.

by Anonymousreply 145May 18, 2022 12:44 PM

She lost. goodbye

by Anonymousreply 146May 18, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote]Do nutjobs like this really enter thinking they’ll win

It’s not that far-fetched. Look at MTG, Gaetz, that Lauren B. cunt from Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 147May 18, 2022 8:01 PM

Now how will those wigs get paid for???

by Anonymousreply 148May 18, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote]#NEW Pennsylvania leads the nation in white supremacist propaganda. In 2020 there were 238 white nationalist incidents in the state. In 2021 that number rose exponentially to 473 white nationalist incidents.

R133 - FYI: If that number truly "rose exponentially", the number in 2021 would have been 56,664. Hyperbole much?

by Anonymousreply 149May 18, 2022 8:08 PM

R147 all of whom are from conservative districts they don’t represent an entire state.

by Anonymousreply 150May 18, 2022 8:54 PM

An hysteric.

by Anonymousreply 151May 18, 2022 8:59 PM

She soared right to a huge loss.

by Anonymousreply 152May 19, 2022 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!