Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why the obsession with trans people here?

They are no threat to you, and the haters hate you just as much as they do trans people.

by Anonymousreply 248May 21, 2022 1:13 PM

Some gay people feel that trans people are ABSOLUTELY a threat to us. Our reasons for feeling that way have been very clearly and eloquently explained on many occasions, so I'm certainly not going to spend time repeating them here. And besides, I'm sure you're well aware of them and you just don't agree.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2022 1:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2022 1:02 PM

How does that impact your life? Do you wake up every day and search for stories to get upset about? You need to get some therapy to overcome this obsession.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2022 1:07 PM

No threat? Why are you behaving like an antagonistic shit. What thrill do you get out of it?

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2022 1:08 PM

Do some research. All the info is out there. Trans ideology is a cult. They don't get to force their beliefs on the rest of us. And women don't want autogynephile men sleazing around female spaces.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2022 1:08 PM

There is an obsessed Transphobe on DL who starts at least a half dozen anti Trans threads a week. They stalk every thread and circle back anything from Ukraine to Mac N Cheese recipes back to Trans hatred. Obviously their Papa had his cock chopped and they never got over it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2022 1:09 PM

OP is doing her best Chrissie Snow routine, sticking a fingernail in her mouth and acting dumb.

Next thread from OP will be another another Chrissie Snow routine in which she wonders out loud why people have a problem with rape.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2022 1:09 PM

Because they are a threat to women, and many of us have women friends, both straight and lesbian. Add into this mix they have hijacked the LGB cause, when in reality most of these people are simply mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2022 1:12 PM

They're placed themselves at the center of gay and lesbian orgs and issues.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2022 1:22 PM

Because this platform is ripe w fascists.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2022 1:23 PM

hawt!

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2022 10:53 PM

*T*R*A*N*S*P*A*M*

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2022 10:58 PM

*G*A*Y*H*A*T*E*

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2022 11:01 PM

OP, R3, why do YOU care so much?

You really care about the "struggles" of straight guys like Bruce Jenner, Richard "Rachel" Levine and William "Lia" Thomas?

Why? I don't get it. They have nothing to do with LGB.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2022 11:05 PM

The Republicans know this issue is a winner. And they don't really have to DO anything yet can now claim they fight for women:

Scores protest county ordinance on discrimination against women because of transgender language

The county’s adoption on Tuesday of an ordinance opposing discrimination against women drew 75 speakers and sparked bitter division between those who applauded its affirmation of women’s rights and others who protested the inclusion of transgender women in its language...

Supervisors Nathan Fletcher, Nora Vargas and Terra Lawson-Remer, all Democrats, voted to approve the ordinance, arguing that it will move the needle on women’s rights in San Diego County...

The two Republicans on the board, Supervisors Jim Desmond and Joel Anderson, opposed the ordinance, arguing that the county’s wording weakens protections for women by including transgender women in its provisions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2022 11:11 PM

Agree with R8. Also, they are going to take down Democratic politicians:

BREAKING: 26 y/o transgender child molester James “Hannah” Tubbs has been charged with murder & robbery by Kern County and is in their custody. Tubbs was serving a 2 year sentence at a juvie facility in LA after DA @GeorgeGascon refused to prosecute him as an adult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2022 11:28 PM

I have always found that people who have issues with LGBTQ people are developmentally stunted LGBTQ people. They are frozen at adolescence, terrified of taking that next step to sexual maturity.

A healthy individual doesn't obsess about the sexuality of others.

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2022 11:34 PM

R17, the focus isn't on LGB. It's on straights aka TQ. See R14.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2022 11:38 PM

You have to wonder if these "advocates" aren't actually Republicans:

Advocates say California isn’t defending a law allowing transgender prison transfers strongly enough, ask judge to intervene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2022 11:42 PM

Anti-trans bigotry is a right-wing political weapon.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2022 11:44 PM

R20 It's a good thing that the right is against gay conversion therapy aka transing gay kids.

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2022 11:46 PM

OP, you would be better off asking: why the obsession with trans people in American and British culture? Because they are CONSTANTLY front page news these days.

It is absolutely not just a Datalounge thing, and it is dishonest to claim it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2022 11:49 PM

Misogyny, homophobia and sex denialism the 3 main cores of the trans ideology is indeed very dangerous to all of us, especially women and gay people.

It's a pity that you're so blind and stupid that you don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2022 11:58 PM

fetishists

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2022 12:07 AM

I think it comes from their causes being lumped together with ours. I honestly don’t get why they are considered part of the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2022 12:10 AM

R20 It's not our fault (LGB) that these deranged trannies/queerios give so much material for the right-wingers to use as weapon.

If you think that liberals still care about gay people, you're so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2022 12:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2022 1:03 AM

R27 Orwellian.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2022 3:31 PM

It’s hard to separate “real” transphobes from the “wedge-issue” transphobes. I’m sure there are plenty of the former, but the ones that really worry me are the wedgies, who have been sent here from their troll farms to stir shit and start preparing the terrain for when SCOTUS decides it’s time to bring the hammer down on marriage equality. They won’t want a unified group of LGBTQs on their backs.

Divide, then destroy.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]Why the obsession with trans people here?

Some gay people are quite bigoted. Many here are well to the right of a moderate Republican. It's clear the the GOP has Trans people and Trans rights in their crosshairs, so for conservatives, gay or straight, this is their go-to talking point right now.

On top of that, we just have a lot of trolls on this site. Many of them aren't gay and wouldn't be here for any reason other than to troll a Gay website. With that in mind, it's clear to see the mindset of pitting Gay people against Trans people. It's classic "divide and conquer" and the right always reverts to it, whether it's gay vs. trans, black vs. white, etc.

Datalounge is not reality. Actual Gay people in real life are usually pretty supportive of Trans people. We aren't threatened by them, we reject the messaging that tells us we should be, and we recognize them for what they are: a tiny minority with little political power under attack from conservatives. As gay people, the solidarity is clear. My fight is bound up in their's, and we have a common, longtime enemy: Republicans and conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2022 3:45 PM

Hear, hear, r30. We’re on the same wavelength.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2022 3:47 PM

These people are insane. They spend every single day thinking and talking about trans. They go to sleep thinking about trans and when they wake up, they do the same thing. Imagine doing that for years.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2022 3:48 PM

The ideology is a threat to women, gay men, and children, as well as to the basic functioning of society, and even to many trans people themselves: there are plenty of trans individuals who reject the ideology, acknowledging that biological sex is real (otherwise, why would they have transitioned?) and that, deep down, they know they are still the biological sex they were born as and are merely enacting an avatar of the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2022 3:50 PM

They aren't a threat but gender issues are not issues of sexuality. And by co opting LGB organizations they've basically pushed LGB issues out of the way and made their personal struggles the only issue worth speaking about. Also the rewriting of gay rights history has been a complete insult to the "cis" men and women who worked so hard for the rights we have today (as tentative as they may seem now).

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2022 3:51 PM

Imagine being so deluded as to believe that the GQP would embrace the LGB, and stop trying to erase and ban us, if only we would throw the TQ under the bus.

And yet there are apparently at least four people on DL (each with a dozen or more sock puppets) who believe that very thing.

I blame social media.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2022 3:51 PM

You can always tell when the anti-trans trolls are out. They infect every thread and try to make it about Trans people.

There are also some threads here that are almost like clubhouses for these bigots. Go to the "Woke Barbie" and see what I mean. It's hair-raising to see how many full blown Nazis post here.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2022 3:58 PM

Do trans men and women object to being called such? It seems to me to be part of the assault on the truth to be forced to call a trans woman a woman or a trans man a man. The distinction is important. Especially given that an overwhelming percentage of trans persons keep their original genitalia…

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2022 4:02 PM

[quote] You can always tell when the trans lunatics are out. They infect every thread, spewing juvenile pejoratives at anyone who doesn't agree with their delusional views about Trans people.

[quote] There are also some threads here that are almost like clubhouses for these trans lunatics. See this thread and others just like it for examples. It's hair-raising to see how many full blown fascist thought monitors post here.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2022 4:07 PM

R29 and R30 - trolls for fascistic “doublethink”

Presenting “trans,” financed by George Soros, among others, designed to create trouble where there was none. Designed to distract attention from engineered economic inequality and the erosion of the civil liberty of the population at large, and many politicians on both sides appear happy to use it to their advantage. Whether all of them want to or are told to do so remains to be seen. Divide and conquer, yes, but those mentioned above and others fail to comprehend who is conquered here.

To quote someone on another thread, it’s all theatre and those who can’t see that are probably beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2022 5:02 PM

I love how simple minded, dumb and predictable the tranny pets are, Everything they do is Ad hominem.

They call you names just because we don't participate of this retarded totalitarian mess.

Useful idiot cunts.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2022 5:50 PM

r30 The idea only right wing people are opposes to the pushy demands of trans activists is total fiction. People are effectively being told allow trans activists to draw up any list of demands and wishes they want and if you question or disagree with even one thing on their list you are a bigot helping the republicans. That's a very juvenile approach to any issue and it is asking people to give away and surrender a lot of power to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2022 5:51 PM

"Imagine being so deluded as to believe that the GQP would embrace the LGB, and stop trying to erase and ban us, if only we would throw the TQ under the bus. "

Most gay people don't feel this way -in fact the majority of us realize we probably receive the lowest level of acceptance than any minority.

I'd wager that most GQP would prefer gay men change their sex and become women because it fits their homophobic narrative better.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2022 5:54 PM

Brendan O'Neill talks to Stonewall co-founder Simon Fanshawe regarding his opposition to the modern iteration of Stonewall and the extremist elements of the trans ideology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2022 5:55 PM

T29, transgender never had to worry about marriage. Many were married. See Bruce Jenner and Richard "Rachel" Levine.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2022 10:43 PM

*R29

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2022 10:43 PM

Here's why, OP.

In the name of LGayBT, some trans people are demanding that we pretend that Lia Thomas is not a man using what nature has endowed to biological men to crush women.

In the name of LGayBT, some trans people are demanding that we disregard natural certain biological truths and accept on faith that boys can menstruate and should have tampax in their high school bathrooms.

In the name of LGayBT, some trans people insist that teach children that the way their bodies are designed to work are wrong and that they should medically change those perfectly fine bodies with pills.

In the name of LGayBT, some trans people want kids to be able to hack off their dicks and breast.

In the name of LGayBT, they do what's in this video.

And it's offensive and toxic and we have fought too fucking hard to win rights that are being burned on a religious ideology that has attached itself like a succubus to gays and lesbians.

If you want to demand that the world live in the fantasy that you have concocted in your head, by all means, do it. But don't fling that shit onto gays and lesbians and make us accountable for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2022 10:53 PM

Or maybe you could stop being an obsessive trsnsphobe.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2022 11:13 PM

Be afraid of what will hurt you. That’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2022 11:14 PM

[quote]They aren't a threat but gender issues are not issues of sexuality. And by co opting LGB organizations they've basically pushed LGB issues out of the way and made their personal struggles the only issue worth speaking about. Also the rewriting of gay rights history has been a complete insult to the "cis" men and women who worked so hard for the rights we have today (as tentative as they may seem now).

I agree. It is a shame that people in the gay community who see it this way are painted as “bigots” who “hate trans people”. I don’t hate trans folks. I just do not see their fight as being MY fight as a gay man. I really only see lesbians as my sisters/partners in the fight. Trans, nonbinary, etc are all on their own trip.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2022 11:56 PM

[quote]TransLounge - Trans Celebrity Gossip, Trans Politics, Trans News and Pointless Transchery

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2022 12:00 AM

These pro trans people on DL are truly horrific. They are beyond disturbed believing there is no such thing as biology. They have their own fantasies which puts them directly in the mind think of evangelical Christians.

I mean people with dicks and balls are women and people who give birth are genuinely men. How more twisted can you possibly be? You can hate Republicans and the lies so called liberals spew equally.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2022 12:08 AM

Trans folks are human beings and entitled to all the rights that everyone on this thread are. Period. They do not force themselves on anyone anymore that gay men and women do- nice try troll. Their rights are your rights. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2022 12:11 AM

They already have all the same rights as everyone else, genius. They have all of them and now they want to infringe upon womens' rights. They will keep taking until people say ENOUGH to this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2022 12:13 AM

Threads like this are started when outraged Trans Rights activists on the DL realize they can't shut down individual threads (usually pointing out bad behavior by trans) by bullying people and the name-calling that they use everywhere else, so they make a new thread in the hopes they will have the upper hand to bash and bully and call everyone "anti-trans", transphobes, Boris, freeper, Milo, etc.

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2022 12:16 AM

[quote]They already have all the same rights as everyone else, genius.

Pretty sure homophobes in the GOP were using this line against gay people as late as 2015.

These trolls always show their true colors. Always.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2022 12:17 AM

R52, tell me what rights Bruce Jenner didn't have.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2022 12:20 AM

Oh, come on, R54. DL gets multiple new anti-trans thread every day, and you think trans people start too many threads?

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2022 12:21 AM

That creepy vid at R46 is truly dystopian. Grooming kids to be trans.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2022 12:33 AM

'Trans folks are human beings and entitled to all the rights that everyone on this thread are. Period. They do not force themselves on anyone anymore that gay men and women do- nice try troll. Their rights are your rights. Simple.'

You are so full of shit you troll. They force themselves wherever they want to go. You lie and pretend their rights are everybody else's rights when you know their fantastical delusions make them think they are exactly who they say they are. We should all have such fulfilled fantasies. You can dress like a stereotypical image of a 22 year old woman in a dress lipstick and a wig and that's fine but you are not really a 22 year old woman and if you think you are you need serious help. And so do the people who enable this farce. I'm sorry God or whatever played such a dirty trick on them that they are not the sex they want to be but it's like a woman who wanted a daughter more than anything but she has nothing but boys. I should look like Brad Pitt and I'm pissed everybody else doesn't think I do. But there isn't a thing i can do about it. I can pretend and insist everybody humor me but it would be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2022 12:43 AM

You sound deranged.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2022 12:56 AM

They are not infringing on womens rights or any one’s rights. You’re going to have to explain it. The main folks infringing on women s rights are in the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2022 1:02 AM

R59 is sick, sick, sick.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2022 1:02 AM

As of right now every time I see an anti-trans thread I will start posting several photos of nude trans men and nude trans women.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2022 1:18 AM

Charlie is braindead.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2022 1:19 AM

And you will be banned , R63.

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2022 1:25 AM

R65, why?

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2022 1:29 AM

M

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2022 1:32 AM

R61 and you are an out and out liar. We see constantly how women's rights are being trampled on both by the GOP and you rotten trans loons Make nonsense of language and declare your pronouns! You are on their loathsome level. Go and believe in your nonsense and then mock Christians for their superstitions! The irony.

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2022 1:38 AM

OP isn't a woman so doesn't give a shit about girls missing out on college scholarships (and the resulting careers) due to some dude cosplaying as a girl and winning at every sport. And on top of that being shamed and harassed into keeping her mouth shut lest she be accused of being "transphobic" for calling out cheating.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2022 1:42 AM

By the way, no surprise that the OP is also the idiot with the stupid rimming the male carrier EST. Anything for attention I guess.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2022 1:43 AM

r53 Exactly -What they are asking for now is not equality but special and particular treatment. Saying it is a question of equality is a cheat and shortcut because they know they cant win the argument by arguing on a case specific basis rather than equality.

You know what most of politics and passing of new laws and government policies are not about equality but about winning arguments for particular measures, ideas, policies, taxes whatever etc.Arguments have to persuade enough legislators to vote to support it for it to become law or government policy. Trans activists may not like it but what they are arguing for falls into the latter- something that is in the category were a persuasive argument for a particular measure /policy has to be made.I think many of them know deep down they cannot persuade enough to vote for specific measures so they attach it equality and scream bigot if you challenge.The equality argument is a form of free pass they are trying to sneak stuff in on.

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2022 2:02 AM

R51 No matter how many times you repeat that nonsense, it doesn't make it true or accurate. Many who support transpeople have no delusions about biology. We support freedom, and being whomever you please, and not judging others.

We know the difference between a woman and a transwoman, as well as the difference between a man, and a transman. AND WE DON'T CARE!!!! We're simply not fixated on what others choose to do with their bodies, and how they prefer to live their lives. The majority of us probably have no "fantasies" about transpeople either. Your choice of words is quite telling how conflicted you must feel obsessing and fantasising about them all damned day. Live your own bloody life and find a fucking hobby or two.

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote]Do trans men and women object to being called such? It seems to me to be part of the assault on the truth to be forced to call a trans woman a woman or a trans man a man.

A trans woman is a woman is a woman is a woman. So why wouldn’t you just call her a woman? Why stick something in front of it? You wouldn’t want to be called a cis woman, would you?

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2022 7:14 AM

[quote]OP isn’t a woman so doesn't give a shit about girls missing out on college scholarships (and the resulting careers) due to some dude cosplaying as a girl and winning at every sport.

How is it anybody’s fault they lost out on those scholarships other than themselves? They could have gotten up earlier and trained harder. They could have pushed themselves if they really wanted the scholarships bad enough. Just because they got beat by another girl is nobody’s fault but their own. Stop playing the blame game!

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2022 7:20 AM

[quote]These pro trans people on DL are truly horrific. They are beyond disturbed believing there is no such thing as biology.

What is biology but something created by man and society? Different cultures and societies have different norms. In some cultures, trans are called 2Spirits and are revered as gods.

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2022 7:23 AM

[quote]The Republicans know this issue is a winner. And they don't really have to DO anything yet can now claim they fight for women:

The real question is why haven’t Democrats figured out yet that this issue is a political loser??

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2022 7:35 AM

r75 The claim biology is created by society is one of the most idiotic and orweillian things I have ever read. Beyond bu***it. Try telling someone born with cystic fibrosis, someone suffering with multiple sclerosis a quadriplegic, someone with a damaged heart valve, someone with endometriosis etc that biology ie created by society. I mean it's not as if there aren't millions of non human animals all over the world who have their own biology and have done so for millions of years.

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2022 7:36 AM

[quote]I mean it's not as if there aren't millions of non human animals all over the world who have their own biology and have done so for millions of years.

And guess what? Animals form their own societies and have their own social norms. That’s where their biology cums from. Have you never heard of elephants grieving for their dead and planning a funeral for them?

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2022 7:58 AM

R77 Try telling someone such as yourself that you're pushin' too hard! It's peddling propaganda to keep insisting pro-trans, or trans allies here can all neatly fit into a box, and that we're horrific people who deny biology, science, and fact. You all attempt to do the same with trans, and effectively dehumanise them. We're nothing like Evangelical Christians either.... which is quite comical really.

I stand with Charlie at R52, and know two MTFs myself. One I knew as a lad, as a gay hairdresser, the other, a neighbour I've gotten to know fairly well the past fourteen years. Both are lovely, humble and kind souls. They're not hurting anyone.

Believe as you like, but don't fall into that dark bottomless pit of stereotyping, assuming, making sweeping generalisations, and repeating anti-trans propaganda. It's utter nonsense to believe any group is so uniform, or homogeneous... Look at us gay folk; our foes attempt to sell all of us to the public in very much the same way. They're not all mad activists trying to steal things and places from women, and they're certainly not all out to conspire against gay people. People really love extrapolation when it comes to trans.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2022 1:48 PM

r72, have your friends discussed any of the current issues: the participation of men identifying as transwomen to participate in women's sports, or be present in women's spaces where they're not wanted? the fast-tracking of gender non-conforming children onto a trans pathway? the re-writing of gay/lesbian history?

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2022 1:57 PM

R80 We've talked a bit about sport, and school competition as I've coached girls and women's rugby, and they both think it's fine for younger people. We don't talk much about children, but both transed in their thirties, one is fifty-something, (I'm guessing, possibly 60) and the other in her forties. I suspect they would be thoughtful and cautious on the matter of young children because they're both sensible and realistic people.

They're very unassuming, and quite circumspect about their situations; nothing like the kind usually presented here. I met the neighbour on the street advocating for equality, and had no clue she was trans until she decided to share that with me. Not a trans activist by any stretch. Both happen to be animal lovers, and very decent people all around. Let's try seeing them as real individuals here for a change: rach with their own unique lives and their own minds.

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2022 2:38 PM

^each with...

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote]We know the difference between a woman and a transwoman, as well as the difference between a man, and a transman. AND WE DON'T CARE!!!! We're simply not fixated on what others choose to do with their bodies, and how they prefer to live their lives.

Nor, obviously, do you care about how this "trans" nonsense impacts cis straight people and gay people who are not so mentally/emotionally ill as to mutilate their bodies, take hormones, etc. -- for example, in the sports arena.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2022 2:55 PM

You mean impacts not at all?

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2022 3:04 PM

R83 Again, more assumptions on your part, and painting everyone with a broad brush. You don't have any interest in an honest conversation, or you would ask me those questions, rather than making declarative statements without knowing anything about my opinions.

At least R80 asked some specific questions without assuming, and sans derision. Take a good look at yourself, and how just hiw much energy you are devoting here to slandering an entire group of people, as well as those of us urging tolerance, understanding, and fair treatment.

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2022 3:05 PM

Sorry, R85, I think you deserve derision because you have been brainwashed. If not, go ahead, please explain how the "trans" movement DOESN'T negatively impact gay people and cis athletes.

And P.S. I am not slandering an ENTIRE group of people, only certain sub-groups of those people, including those who support puberty-blocking drugs for young children, who otherwise wage war against gay people, and who insist on competing in sports opposite cis people.

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2022 3:16 PM

R86 Good luck with your crusade loser. You make far too many assumptions about me as well, and you continue to stereotype transpeople. I never typed any of that here, or in any other thread that transpeople are not negatively impacting some women's athletics. Where exactly now are you getting that from? How do you consider yourself to be even moderately intelligent when you are so absurdly sure of your convictions about strangers on an anonymous? You really think everyone believes the same exact way, like a hive mind? You're being ridiculous.

I'm actually quite sensitive to collegiate scholarships being taken, or jeopardised. I don't claim to have all the answers, yet think perhaps a cut-off year for participation is necessary... Junior high, I believe the American term is? Somewhere around puberty seems like a sensible idea. Perhaps allow trans to play on a secondary school level, but not qualify for scholarship funding? Yet there are team sports where I think their participation may be harmless. Stop assuming and putting words in others' mouths. You know when you type things like that, you make yourself look crazy.

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Trans people who just want to quietly live their lives are no threat. Most of them used to be that way. Lately there has been an aggressive proselytizing movement to demand public attention and special privileges. That’s what has caused alarm.

by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2022 4:00 PM

r78 That does not equate to society creating biology.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2022 4:08 PM

R88 There are a lot of young, impetuous, and extreme people struggling to find their place in this world, and make sense of who they are. They oft can be exhausting. We should be welcoming and compassionate however, especially for young people. It's a brutally difficult time for many of them.

This site is a bit over the top lately with all the rabid anti-trans activists. I cannot imagine being consumed by this hate, and obsessive posting. I cannot even put this much energy into hating conservatives and bigots. It's pathological at some point really, and no way to live an enjoyable life.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2022 4:13 PM

R5 hilarious. The same has been said (and is still being said!) about gays. The term "the gay agenda" means the same thing as "being in a cult." Grow up and mind your own business.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2022 4:34 PM

"What is biology but something created by man and society?"

Um I'm fairly certain biology was not something created by society and man. Nature and millions of years of evolution.

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2022 4:43 PM

r91 If they are affecting other people's lives eg pushing for mothers to be renamed birthing person then yes it is their business. You are creating conditions were nobody else is allowed tohave say or defend their rights except trans activists. Everyone else having their hands tied by being met with a barrage of pseudo arguments, told they are a bigot, told to mind their own business etc but trans activists can say and ask for what they want with little effective pushback. Not reasonable and not going to fly. It is other peoples business.

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2022 4:49 PM

R46 - and what of the actions of the GOP/conservatives, who are actively trying to harm the lives of many through restrictive legislation using religious extremism as a foundation, and all centered around the fantasy that they've concocted in their heads? If you're going to throw around the "fantasy they've concocted in their heads" tripe as part of your defense, you need to widen that net considerably, bebe.

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2022 4:51 PM

People overcome biology in several different ways everyday: we take drugs to fight disease that is programmed in our very genetic code. Menopausal and Andropausal people take hormones as well. People have surgeries on their faces, breasts, and genitalia, even when they're not trans.

Old blokes take Viagra and Cialis, when biology has attempted to close up shop down there, and so on, and so on. Biology doesn't necessarily need to dictate everything about one's life. Women take hormonal contraceptives to intervene in a biological process.

Some choose to take steroids, and other adrenergic drugs to affect their biology. Is biology so sacrosanct that it must be viewed as a religious imperative? Is it against biology to use vaccines and antibiotics?

Should the depressed be like the Scientologists, and eschew their antidepressants because they're fucking with biology?

A few notions to ponder.

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2022 4:55 PM

R49 - goodness what a fussy little issue cherry picker. How do you feel about black gays and lesbians dealing with/ trying to liberate themselves from all the racism deeply embedded in institutions, societal norms, economics, schools, etc? Is that a separated issue for you too? How about disabled gays and lesbians? A bridge to far for you for inclusion? Latin gays and lesbians? Sex worker gays and lesbians? If you're going to set persnickety requirements for what defines/makes up a marginalized group of people fighting being discriminated against and being disadvantaged by society, you need to address your subtle bias.

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2022 4:59 PM

R72 - exactly. For fuck's sake, you anti-trans loons need to find another lost cause to wail against. Trans people exist. They will continue to exist. To borrow from another movement that suffered much of the same outrage and pushback (and are afresh because of the GOP): They're here, they're trans, get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 97May 13, 2022 5:05 PM

r96, if someone is actually being discriminated against -- say, people not getting jobs because they're black or hispanic or women or even men -- I will happily and proudly fight for and with them.

If someone is bitching because another person used the "wrong" pronouns, I'm going to laugh and point at them -- because they're delusional idiots trying to force a dogmatic religious belief onto the rest of society.

by Anonymousreply 98May 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 13, 2022 5:07 PM

R93 - go tell it to the early gay activists. The early civil rights activists. The early womens' equality activists. This is how change gets implemented, you idiot. It has to be out, loud, and demand to be heard and be given equal rights.

by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2022 5:10 PM

r95 Again none of that equates to society creating biology. You play fast and loose with the meanings of words and ideas.

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote]Trans people who just want to quietly live their lives are no threat. Most of them used to be that way. Lately there has been an aggressive proselytizing movement to demand public attention and special privileges. That’s what has caused alarm.

Change the word “trans” to “Black,” “Jewish,” or “gay,” and you’ve got the last 100+ years’ worth of struggles for equality.

I’m convinced the antitrans loons are well aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2022 5:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2022 5:14 PM

r102 It is not an issue of equality but special treatment. If you want laws and social norms changed you have to won the argument through persuasion as is the case with most things and not hide behind the idea of equality distorted in order to ensure anything a trans activist puts on their list has to be met unquestioned.

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2022 5:15 PM

R102 - Yep, spot on. That insidious internalized bigotry runs deep, sometimes even within the most well-intentioned individual.

by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2022 5:15 PM

r100, they were insisting on basic equal human rights, like equal opportunity to getting jobs, getting a home, being treated equally by the government such as the military, the right to marry the person they love.

Trans people literally already have that. What they are demanding is that the rest of society cater to their ideological demands, which is akin to a Christian extremist demanding that we all believe in the same God and follow the tenets of the Bible. All truly liberal people should respond to that with an emphatic "no!"

by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2022 5:15 PM

R106, you know full well it’s not like that at all.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2022 5:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2022 5:19 PM

r100 Women's rights , gay rights and equality regardless of race do not impinge on other peoples rights. Trans activists are asking for things that go beyond equality and things that disregard the rights of others. We lived through a pandemic were different rights and interests had to be balanced- ie the real world of rights and freedoms of different people sometimes being in tension with each other so need careful sensitive handling. You don't seem to acknowledge rights or demands can be in tension with each other and instead are plumping for my way or the highway. Be as loud as you want but others are going to be loud defending their rights too. You can't just pick something you desire slap the banner equality on it and tell everyone who doesn't agree their a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2022 5:22 PM

I know full well that it is, r107.

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2022 5:33 PM

R101 Angel, how exactly am I playing fast and loose? I already posited the question quite directly: Is biology some sacrosanct imperative that is akin to religion? People who intervene with their own biology to live as trans are not creating biology either. THAT is playing fast and loose with terminology.

I hold an advanced degree in the sciences... and I've written about scientific topics for decades. Creating biology, in my mind would be to create a new life form, or new biological system. i.e. a clone, or something more related to [italic] trans humanism [/italic] . Such undertakings creating new biology would involve gene editing and /or splicing, hybridisation, and that sort of thing. Don't lecture me on terminology, as I can tell by reading MANY of your threads that you're quite simply out of your league here.

My undergrad studies were biology and biochemistry, and I attended two years of med school. Fast and loose my arse.

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2022 5:37 PM

r111 No you misspoke. You said create biology and then you changed it to overcome biology. Those words have completely different meanings .

Anyway most of the time people don't overcome their biology but rather find better ways to work with the grain of it or manage it better. I am not persuaded by the credentials you claim to have anyway.

by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2022 5:43 PM

r111 I rebutted the post that claimed society created biology so either there are crossed wires here and you are actually agreeing with me? Or you are changing your argument.

by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2022 5:46 PM

R112 I did not misspeak... to my knowledge. Please show me EXACTLY where I wrote "create biology" before objecting to your reply. I don't have the patience for mind games here. I'm extremely defensive when others put words in my mouth for two reasons: firstly, I choose my words extremely carefully. Secondly, I argue honestly, and do not take kindly to your admonishments that I play fast and loose with scientific terminology.

If you quote, quote verbatim. I hold an MPhil in Public Health BTW, what are your scientific bona fides may I ask?

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2022 5:52 PM

R113 That was NOT my post you refer to. I've signed all mine, save for R95.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2022 5:54 PM

r115 Well then I will treat you as a good faith poster and take your statement that you sign your posts at face value and admit I have made a mistake and apologise .

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2022 5:59 PM

R116 Your apology is admirable, and accepted. My stance other than acceptance, and a bit of loving kindness, is that it should not be viewed as a crime against nature or biology for one to desire to alter things, and to carry out such a desire. It's up to the person living in that body.

We could debate the merits or demerits of hormone therapies, as regards their effects on mood, as well as the possibility those treatments may be a catalyst in oncogenesis, but that's another topic unto itself.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2022 6:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2022 6:14 PM

r117 Thank you 🙂👍

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2022 6:18 PM

R119 👍Cheers, and I have no problem disagreeing with others, so long as everyone remains somewhat respectful. On many of these trans or anti-trans threads there is a tradition of Gish-Galloping, hurling insults, and putting words in others' mouths. I think it prevents many trans allies from speaking or typing their mind freely here, and I think that's a shame. Far too much twisting of others' words, cherry-picking of words, extrapolating, and so forth.

People should be able to agree or disagree without having a scorched earth policy toward other posters. That sadly isn't what the F/F option was meant for, but is is misused this way in these threads.

Far too many assume things in these threads as well. Opinions are complicated, and simply because X believes A, doesn't necessarily imply X believes B as well. I wish there were more nuanced and intellectual threads on trans here. We only seem to have regurgitated talking points, and very little empathy for this very marginalised group. They're certainly not all Triggly-Puffs, Steffoknees, and Caitlyn Jenner types.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2022 6:36 PM

A master's in Public Health? And that makes you an authority? Hee hee!

As SA said above, your credentials are not impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: XX = male, XY = female. What you think you might be or you dream of being has no bearing on that whatsoever. Fuck, TFG thought he was a stable genius -- and we all know he's anything but.

I mean, people are welcome to delude themselves, but don't expect me to play along.

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2022 11:42 PM

R121I've yet to declare myself an authority, per se, on anything. However, being a Med school dropout after completing two years, and a science writer is my defence for using scientific terms PROPERLY. On average, I read about ten medical journal articles per week, and have been a contributor to Medscape.

Please tell us what makes you so comfortable correcting me? What specific terminology are you calling out? Again, yet more extrapolating here, and more twisting of words.

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2022 1:37 PM

R121 I shall also add that for a sixty-five year-old frau, you're exceedingly immature. Your life must be pure misery for you to spend such an inordinate amount of time spamming this forum with your hostility towards transpeople, and your taciturn remarks towards people defending their right to live as they please.

I'm not at all impressed by the sum of YOUR posts, or the content of your character.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2022 2:12 PM

Calling other people a 65 year old frau which is all you can come up with shows you for the contemptable misogynist pig you are. And we are not impressed with your lack of character which leaves a hole the size of the Trump asshole releasing a fart.

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2022 8:08 PM

It IS very revealing that the insult he goes for is "65 year old frau," r124.

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Trans activism is the new conservatism.

The T being lumped with the LGBs will cost so much for the LGBs in long term.

Everything that these freaks do the LGBs will take the blame as well.

#DROP The T

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2022 8:48 PM

Trans rights =

Rights to men invade women spaces.

Rights to men live freely with their paraphilias.

Rights to women invade gay male spaces

Rights to fetishist straight people mocking and larping what being gay is.

Rights to criminalize homoSEXuality.

Rights to mutilate and sterilizing likely gay kids.

Rights to deny the SEX.

Rights to normalize mental illness.

Rights to Homophobia.

Rights to Misogyny.

Rights to Sexism.

Rights to live a LIE.

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2022 9:05 PM

R124 She has explicitly told us that she's a sixty-five year-old frau in another thread. It's also very immature to carry on about about people "forcing her to believe xyz, " when no one did anything of the sort. Arguing for kindness, and less hate has nothing to do with brainwashing, or presenting "alternative " biological facts, as she loves kvetching about ENDLESSLY. She and her ilk can fuck rigjt off with that nonsense, as people have been telling us gays we're UNNATURAL for as long as I can remember. Lousy hateful argument, nothing more. I only see a very old hateful person, who ought to know better when she's crossed the line here: using immature straw man arguments to make her points, and being extremely insulting to others who are only arguing others should see trans as individuals, and to strive to be respectful. She's defending the hate, as well as the sub-human treatment of transpeople.

Just the same talking points to rationalise dehumanising a minority group, paint them as wicked and unnatural.

Same silly frau claimed to have been a hippy type in her youth as well, wow, what a strange fall from grace, as any real hippy would try to love others regardless of their understanding about a transperson's wishes. Hippies love freedom as well, and this sour cunt wants everyone to live according to her rules, which are BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVES. Utter nonsense, and toxicity she spews here.

by Anonymousreply 128May 15, 2022 3:28 PM

r128 Is your argument that to be loving kind and decent you have to deny biological reality? If so which bits of biological reality are up for denial and which aren't? I mean should we pretend diesases don't exist in some instances or that vaccines don't work or being obese is healthy or an arm is your digestive system or that we breathe through our kneecap?

by Anonymousreply 129May 15, 2022 3:33 PM

No, supporting or defending trans is not conservatism, nor does it have anything whatsoever to do with Trump, or misogyny. Ridiculous arguments. Why can't the feckless lot of you defective humans agree it is good to be kind, and tolerant of these people, even if you find them "unnatural" or disordered? Would not that be what someone of any intelligence argue for if they truly believe all trans are mentally ill?

Compassion is something you only have for people exactly like you... which is ironically something true about conservatives when their brains are studied using fMRI.

by Anonymousreply 130May 15, 2022 3:37 PM

R129 Angel, I never argued that a transperson is identical to a natural born, or cis individual... That's the smokescreen here. In point of facts, I stated upthread some of us percectlyvwell understand the differences between a transman, and a man. I signed my posts, so a reader can refer back to exactly what I've typed verbatim.

by Anonymousreply 131May 15, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] Just the same talking points to rationalise dehumanising a minority group, paint them as wicked and unnatural.

R128 Gosh! I didn't notice the translunatics worrying about the respect for and dignity of, the insult to or dehumanisation of women when they announce that whelp, it's Tuesday, I'm going to don a frock and demand that ALL of you must call me ma'am and she and her because I'M A WOMAN! And if you don't, you are liable to social censured, out of a job and few future job prospects.

by Anonymousreply 132May 15, 2022 3:42 PM

[quote] No, supporting or defending trans is not conservatism, nor does it have anything whatsoever to do with Trump, or misogyny.

R130 Yes it does. It is a return to the regressive socially-dictated gender stereotypes. And worse, it reflects misogynist, homo-murdering cultures such as Iran in its cultural imperative to erase gay people.

[quote] Why can't the feckless lot of you defective humans agree it is good to be kind, and tolerant of these people

There is nothing good, kind or tolerant about people who demand that you pander to their whims/fantasies or else suffer both social and financial penalties. There is nothing good, kind or tolerant about supporting regressive, reactionary ideologies, especially those that seek to erase half the human race.

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2022 3:47 PM

Demands "kindness" and "tolerance," but refers to those who disagree as "defective."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2022 3:52 PM

R134 Calling those urging tolerance "translunatics" does not put you in any place to define defective. You simply cannot dial it back a bit. You're obsessed with hating them all, and declaring the allies either as trans themselves, misogynists, women-haters, conservatives, or "translunatics"...

You are defective. Own it.

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2022 4:04 PM

R134 No excuse to hate and marginalise others in the way you carry on here. To simply disagree with a life choice, or lifestyle is something entirely different, but you know that. More twisting the words here.

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2022 4:06 PM

Nobody is saying to be unkind to trans or uncompassionate. We have a lot of compassion for trannies and don’t wish ill will towards them. What we don’t agree with is the statement that “Trans women are women. Period!” They are not, they are trans women. There is a difference. When you go to a hospital to be treated for an accident, you can’t lie and say you’re the opposite sex. Someone died because of that. We also don’t agree that we have to fuck trannies or we’re transphobic. Why is this onus always upon gays and lesbians when heterosexuals wouldn’t fuck them either but hardly get called transphobic?

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2022 4:09 PM

r131 Is there any onus on the trans community to be tolerant of how others want to lead their lives? Because some of them definitely ain't tolerant. You are asking us to respect and tolerate people and maybe even respect their demands when they don't show the same respect to others. Also tolerating and respecting people does not mean respecting or agreeing with all their demands. You may know the difference between trans and non trans men and women but many of their activists who are gaining the ear of politicians don't. Are we obliged to roll over and be silent no matter how loud they get?

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] Calling those urging tolerance "translunatics"

I've never used that term.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2022 4:13 PM

R137 None of what you typed here explains the obsession with trans here. You're simply typing rubbish that I don't support..and have never posted about. . All that's a ruse as far as I'm concerned.

You're blind if you don't find the majority of it hateful. To descend upon every ally, who is not allowed to stand for them or with them is part if the smear campaign. Then, in turn, we must be equally vilified, and discounted.

It isn't fair to suggest they're all simply one way, as you list your gripes. The two I personally onow are nothing like that.

I'd seriously like to know how many of these anti-trans posters even know anyone IRL who is trans... just like those who love to hate gay people, most probably have never even met one.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote] [R131] Is there any onus on the trans community to be tolerant of how others want to lead their lives?

No, the anus is not on the trans community. You either respect us or you don’t. You’re either a TERF or you’re not. There is no in between. It’s ALL or NOTHING!!

by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2022 4:19 PM

R138 Angel, I REPEAT, treat them as individuals, and stop stereotyping them and making sweeping generalisations about them as a group. That's the smart way to perceive any marginalised group or minority.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2022 4:19 PM

Thanks for the thread Angel, as it's given me another opportunity to filter out some of the poison here. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] [R137] None of what you typed here explains the obsession with trans here. You're simply typing rubbish that I don't support..and have never posted about. . All that's a ruse as far as I'm concerned

Then you’re dumber than we thought since all those points are at the root of the discussion. It’s why JK Rowling got involved and is now hated. But sure, it’s all a “ruse.”

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] No excuse to hate

[quote] You're obsessed with hating

R135 R136 Offering a dissenting opinion, pointing out reality is not within the realm of anyone's definition of "hate". Except those who are uncomfortable with reality.

[quote] What we don’t agree with is the statement that “Trans women are women. Period!” They are not, they are trans women.

There is no such thing as "transwomen". They are men.

by Anonymousreply 145May 15, 2022 4:25 PM

r143 It's not my thread

by Anonymousreply 146May 15, 2022 4:26 PM

r142 Where have I stereotyped? You are sidestepping the question of other people legitimately defending their rights. Why?

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2022 4:27 PM

R133 DLs anti-trans posters are the least "good, kind or tolerant" people I've ever run into, and I know a whole lot of Trump loving racists.

by Anonymousreply 148May 15, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote] treat them as individuals, and stop stereotyping them and making sweeping generalisations about them as a group.

R142 Men are not a "marginalized" or a "minority". And putting on a dress doesn't suddenly make them either "marginalized" or a "minority". They remain men, socially and culturally dominant, albeit in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 149May 15, 2022 4:30 PM

Does DL's SurvivingAngel agree with Payton Gendron's manifesto which contains the DL mantra "Drop the T"?

by Anonymousreply 150May 15, 2022 4:31 PM

R148 Your post has nothing to do with R133's assertion. Except to deflect from it. You remind me that the translunacy is identical to Islam. Don't comment. Don't criticise. Shut up. Submit. Silently.

by Anonymousreply 151May 15, 2022 4:39 PM

R147 I've not singled you out in any way, simply answered your question you posed in R138. It also doesn't imply one or YOU specifically need to agree with them on anything in order to accord them a simple human respect is all. Many should not use "I don't agree with them" or "I don't understand them" as an excuse to hate gays, but we know fully well that they do.

Some may be like those who are featured in the anti-trans threads, but the majority are not. That's the point about ascribing to an entire group all the same problems, or issues. I simply wish people would lay off the whole topic a bit...last week I counted twenty-three trans threads under "recents"...It's a bitmuch, when only one of those threads was somewhat neutral.

I'm not keen on the hate. If you aren't anyone posting this stuff, no need to post that you're not hateful, or that there are "reasons" to be completely closed off to this group. They're still all unique individuals.

by Anonymousreply 152May 15, 2022 4:48 PM

R144 I don't wish to be liked by your "we", so go shove it up your arse already.

by Anonymousreply 153May 15, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote] They're still all unique individuals.

R152 There is nothing unique about a man in a dress. On the contrary, I can’t think of anything more demeaning and dismissive than a man stuffing himself with hormones, medically mutilating himself, then putting on a dress and demanding to be called a woman. Or far more horrific, simply donning a dress and demanding to be called “she”. How insulting! How regressive and reactionary! There is no "hate" in public dissent from insulting, dismissive, dictatorial, regressive, reactionary, delusional horseshit. On the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 154May 15, 2022 4:56 PM

Furthermore R144 I've defended Rowling here NUMEROUS times. I don't take her for being transphobic, or necessarily anti-trans as charged, at all. She is very careful with her wording however, unlike many dataloungers. She has been quite clear what she supports, and what she has issues with, as I have done here, despite the smokescreens.

Rowling has reiterated she does not wish for others to make these sweeping generalisations about all transpeople. She's even introduced her trans friend, and we've heard from her a number of times on various social media platforms.

by Anonymousreply 155May 15, 2022 4:57 PM

Trans women are part of the male spectrum. Trans men are part of the female spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 156May 15, 2022 5:01 PM

R155 There is no such thing as "transpeople" because humans cannot "transition" to something else. Just as there is no such thing as "anti-trans" or "transphobic", because one cannot be "anti" or "phobic" about that which does not occur or exist.

by Anonymousreply 157May 15, 2022 5:01 PM

R156 "Transwomen" don't exist. They are men. "Transmen" don't exist. They are women. There is no "spectrum" in human biology. It's either/or. Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 158May 15, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote] Trans women are part of the male spectrum. Trans men are part of the female spectrum.

NO!!! Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Get it through your thick fat skull! 💀

by Anonymousreply 159May 15, 2022 5:09 PM

Actual biology would dispute that, r159.

by Anonymousreply 160May 15, 2022 5:11 PM

R160 Biology, "actual" or otherwise, would not dispute that. Anyone who's taken a 9th grade biology course would know that unequivocally.

by Anonymousreply 161May 15, 2022 5:13 PM

Biology like language is ever changing. Ever hear of evolution?

by Anonymousreply 162May 15, 2022 5:15 PM

R160 Apologies, misunderstood your post. Ignore mine.

by Anonymousreply 163May 15, 2022 5:15 PM

R139 My apologies to you then. I mistook you for the sixty-five year-old "lady" (and I'm playing fast and loose with the term here) after you defended her so arduously.

You might not have used that term, yet she most certainly has. She has three accounts here that I've counted, so I sincerely hope you're not another one of her alters.

I shan't confuse the two of you again, as I've sprayed some frau-begone.

I enjoyed your posts in the Zola thread, discovering who you are by process of elimination here. I don't really have trouble with most of your remarks really. I would say it would be good of us to attempt separating the "ideology" from the individuals. I hope that goes a bit toward clarifying my points here.

by Anonymousreply 164May 15, 2022 5:22 PM

r162, evolution developed and enhanced the differences between the sexes precisely for the propagation of the species. That there are butch women and femme men doesn't change the fact that they are still women and men, respectively.

r164, thanks. I'm vehemently opposed to the trans ideology, but I try to never attack anyone personally. In the past few years, I've encountered many trans people who are on my side in this debate -- smart, caring people who have chosen a different path than mine, but still recognize the more harmful elements of the trans ideology and, in fact, recognize that it's impossible to change biological sex and merely "presenting" as the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 165May 15, 2022 5:27 PM

R165 Cheers mate. The two I know don't espouse any of the outlandish false equivalencies either.

by Anonymousreply 166May 15, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] That there are butch women and femme men doesn't change the fact that they are still women and men, respectively

But they’re not and you know that.

by Anonymousreply 167May 15, 2022 5:38 PM

Next logical step: To do away with the L and the G and the B because they make a reference to sex, which is apparently inherently transphobic.It will just be the QT-community soon, mark my words. They made "woman" an impossible word if you dare to exclude men already - LGB is next.

by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2022 5:38 PM

Ok, r167, please explain to me, using scientific facts, how a butch woman is actually a man and a femme man is actually a woman.

by Anonymousreply 169May 15, 2022 5:40 PM

R169, a trans man is a man, a trans woman is a woman. End of.

by Anonymousreply 170May 15, 2022 5:49 PM

Again, what is the scientific basis for such an obviously false statement, r170?

by Anonymousreply 171May 15, 2022 5:57 PM

It just IS, okay?

by Anonymousreply 172May 15, 2022 5:59 PM

This is a woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 15, 2022 6:22 PM

“Fish skin made me feel like a real woman ”

Actual women were lucky that this trans didn’t harvest woman’s skin to make him feel like real woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 15, 2022 6:29 PM

R174, sometimes the surgically created fuckhole is lined with colon tissue to produce "moisture". That's what trannies think makes a real woman.

by Anonymousreply 175May 15, 2022 6:31 PM

So Andy Ngo doesn't believe in misgendering? Does that make him One Of The Good Ones?

by Anonymousreply 176May 15, 2022 6:36 PM

r172 You need to back up factual claims rather than argue them by assertion repeatedly. Things do not become true or right just by repetition.

Many modern day liberals for instance would reject rightly some religions attempts to argue truth by assertion and repetition and for approach to understanding issues to be consistent then the same applies to all issues including this one.

by Anonymousreply 177May 15, 2022 6:38 PM

Oh, what’s a toddler or two when compared to this trans self identify as a toddler killing femme fatale in an actual women’s prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 15, 2022 6:47 PM

This trans at r178, tortured and killed a 4 year old boy. But this trans child murderer puts on a dress and a weave and suddenly everyone is listening to him seriously.

[quote] Investigators told the press that during the three weeks Myls was in King’s care, he regularly beat the toddler, even whipping him in the head with a belt buckle, burning him, and locking him outside on a balcony in his underwear in the freezing cold. King also starved Myls, reportedly giving him a last “Christmas meal” on December 26th. During the few weeks King tormented the toddler, officials say he lost 14 pounds.

[quote] When an autopsy was carried out on Myls, the boy had not eaten for weeks. To the burns covering Myls’ body, King admitted to torturing him with an oven rack, heating up the hot metal before removing it with an oven mitt and pressing it up against the boy’s leg.

by Anonymousreply 179May 15, 2022 7:10 PM

Murderers, and especially child torturers, deserve no rights.

Even if the trans put on a whore’s dress and gets ratty extensions.

by Anonymousreply 180May 15, 2022 7:14 PM

Being polite, sympathetic, and even respectful of trans individuals does not mean they have to be lumped in with LGB as a political group. It’s not hateful to recognize that they have different issues.

by Anonymousreply 181May 15, 2022 7:35 PM

I guess ratty extensions are a few notches below a linty weave…

by Anonymousreply 182May 15, 2022 7:36 PM

Trans “Family” committed sexual abuse and child porn of 7 year old girl

[quote] Judge Peter Tober noted she had been subjected to torture-like conditions, mentioning neck collars, a cage in the basement, and sex toys.

[quote] In media coverage of the horrific case, Volz and Romero were referred to as ‘women’ and addressed by ‘she/her’ pronouns. Volz was also identified as the girl’s “mother” in one local news report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 15, 2022 8:00 PM

R183, most of the local NYC news market completely ignored this story. Bet it would have been different if the perpetrators were not trans.

Also, NBC in particular will produce a detailed report on a trans kid if they so much as stub their toe.

by Anonymousreply 184May 15, 2022 8:23 PM

[quote] Being polite, sympathetic, and even respectful of trans individuals does not mean they have to be lumped in with LGB as a political group. It’s not hateful to recognize that they have different issues.

That’s what most people here think and it’s personally reasonable. But there is this loon who keeps insisting that there is one “anti-trans troll” posting all trans posts and that we’re all hateful and wish them dead. That is not the case. We wish them well but like JK Rowling, we don’t believe there are no differences between trans women and women. We don’t believe it’s fair for transwomen to beat women in sports or be in women’s prisons.

by Anonymousreply 185May 15, 2022 9:00 PM

That loon poster that r185 speaks of is either a tranny fucker or a militant trans itself.

by Anonymousreply 186May 15, 2022 10:19 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 15, 2022 10:20 PM

and I know a whole lot of Trump loving racists.

And why do I not doubt that R148?

by Anonymousreply 188May 15, 2022 11:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 16, 2022 12:03 AM

No idea, R188. Where I live is thick with them, and they run the company I work for.

by Anonymousreply 190May 16, 2022 12:09 AM

Gay people shouldn't NEVER be sympathetic to a group/ideology who calls the homosexuality a "genital fetish", something phobic and disgusting, Pretty much like the conservatives and homophobic religious lunatics.

And bisexuals are one their biggest defenders, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 191May 16, 2022 8:10 PM

the Buffalo shooter thinks LGB should abandon the T it was part of his manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 192May 16, 2022 8:16 PM

Yes, he also said that people should get vaxxed and had been vaxxed and boosted himself, r192. He wasn't a stereotypical right winger. He considered himself an authoritarian leftist.

by Anonymousreply 193May 16, 2022 8:17 PM

Keep in mind that if he was emulating the Christchurch shooter, he purposely put stuff in his manifesto to stoke division and cause trouble for groups he disliked. So I'd take it all with a huge grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 194May 16, 2022 8:18 PM

r194 excuses, excuses. Just as we know he was a magat. we now know all of dl's take the t out of the lgb are of the same mind, trying to create division, cause troubles for everyone and future spree killers.

by Anonymousreply 195May 16, 2022 8:23 PM

do you know how many people use "plz" here.

The Atlantic tells me it's 4chan jargon.

We should all be wary.

by Anonymousreply 196May 16, 2022 8:25 PM

R195 uh, it was actually in the manifesto. My point was if you're going to make the silly point that because one bad person believed one thing out of many that anyone else who believed that one thing is also bad, you have to also look at what he said that YOU might agree with, such as getting vaxxed and boosted, and consider that suspect as well.

That "logic" doesn't just work for stuff you dislike.

by Anonymousreply 197May 16, 2022 8:28 PM

r197 You didn't vote for Hillary in 2016, did you?

by Anonymousreply 198May 16, 2022 8:30 PM

R196 It's text speak because, you know, typing actual words out is too much work. Just like so many on here use random acronyms that leave entire threads a huge mystery.

by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2022 8:30 PM

The ONLY trans obsession here is from the anti-trans trolls. No one else even brings up trans except in response to some over-the-top post like "Trans kids should kill themselves!"

The fact that these anti-trans trolls use the exact same phrasing as the right wing, including the Buffalo killer, about trans, it proves they are indeed trolls, funded by the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 200May 16, 2022 8:31 PM

so many people trying excuse this depraved killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 16, 2022 8:31 PM

OP I think there are a handful of mentally unstable losers who obsess over trans people and it gives the impression that the entire site is anti-trans. Despite what r1 said, their hatred has NEVER been explained in a way that a normal person would understand, that's why he deploys the cop out "gosh it's been explained so many times that I couldn't possibly explain it again". DL anti-trans sentiments comes in a few forms:

Video of a trans person (usually very young) doing something purely for attention. This is usually presented as evidence that ALL trans people are annoying.

A rant about preferred pronouns. As if showing another person the tiniest bit of respect is the most oppressive thing ever.

A rant about the LGBTQA+ label and how it's so unfair that trans people are included in the same acronym as gays and lesbians. There's usually some claim that the "transtopo" are trying to take something from the gay community, although what they are taking is never fully explained.

by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2022 8:34 PM

R198 of course I did, you'd have to be nuts not to. Not that it is relevant at all to anything I said.

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote] I think there are a handful of mentally unstable losers who obsess over trans people

I don't think they're mentally unstable at all.

There's a concerted effort by the right to break up the LGBT coalition by pushing "drop the T." They are being paid to post this shit

by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2022 8:36 PM

[quote] When we write about, think about, and prosecute such hate crimes in this nation, we tend to focus on whether the assailant acted alone. In this case, Gendron appears to have had no accomplices. He is an alleged solo shooter, or, in the parlance of our time, a lone wolf—a term used to differentiate the slaughter from more sophisticated acts of terrorism staged by groups like ISIS that typically involve multiple people and nuanced planning.

[quote] But that lone wolf language fails us in an era when hate and radicalization now serve as a proxy for the collaborative herd, for the co-conspirators and colluders. Gendron wasn’t alone. His mission was effective because he was supported by an apparatus that provided the ideology and means for the hunt. Based on evidence from a manifesto that he reportedly posted Thursday night, Gendron did not perceive himself as being alone

by Anonymousreply 205May 16, 2022 8:50 PM

Gay man talks to lesbian about the ongoing political realignment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 16, 2022 8:55 PM

r195 So basically nobody who disagrees with you and wants to drop the T can be arguing in good faith and with motives that aren't malicious?? How very convient that anybody who disagrees with you just happens to align with all these other bad qualities. I would argue that division is caused by people like you who insist on an all or nothing take it or leave it approach to this issue. No nuance at all just anyone who disagrees with me on this issue is a wrongun.

by Anonymousreply 207May 16, 2022 9:01 PM

R197, GB News UK, Bias Rating: RIGHT

More right-wing nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 208May 16, 2022 9:24 PM

R208 I'm sorry that you find facts so offensive.

Just accept that you were owned and move on.

by Anonymousreply 209May 16, 2022 9:26 PM

"Everything I don't like is right-wing!"

Sooo typical and retarded.

by Anonymousreply 210May 16, 2022 9:46 PM

R209 No right-wing media outlet would know a real fact if it ran up and bit them on their collective asses.

by Anonymousreply 211May 16, 2022 10:20 PM

No idea what you're talking about, r211.

by Anonymousreply 212May 16, 2022 10:25 PM

[quote] [R198] of course I did, you'd have to be nuts not to. Not that it is relevant at all to anything I said.

No, you didn’t, you fucking LIAR! You are right wing magat. Anyone who is anti-trans is magat.

by Anonymousreply 213May 16, 2022 10:47 PM

R213 why did you ask the question if you are just going to accuse me of lying?

I answered your question honestly. I'm sorry that it doesn't fit your mental stereotype of whatever you think I am.

by Anonymousreply 214May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

Also, I'm not "anti-trans" either, but keep going, I'm sure you're bound to guess something correctly, eventually!

by Anonymousreply 215May 16, 2022 10:51 PM

Very disappointed with John Oliver. I thought he was intelligent:

John Oliver Blasts Alabama Law Blocking Gender-Affirming Care for Transgender Youth: “Absolutely Appalling” "No one should ever be facing criminal punishment for providing health care to young people," the 'Last Week Tonight' host said on Sunday's show, criticizing the state's governor, Kay Ivey: "What the f— is wrong with you?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 16, 2022 11:39 PM

[quote]Also, I'm not "anti-trans" either, but keep going, I'm sure you're bound to guess something correctly, eventually!

If you’re not anti-trans then why do you hate trans? Keep lying, magat. How much does the right wing pay you to post?

by Anonymousreply 217May 16, 2022 11:50 PM

It's impossible to be against or "anti" a thing that doesn't exist.

Sex is immutable, try harder pet.

by Anonymousreply 218May 17, 2022 12:47 AM

The fact that I find the most disturbing is the assertion/lie of “gay erasure”

The only people that want to erase us is the GOP!

Conservatives are the true enemy, not trans.

by Anonymousreply 219May 17, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote]The fact that I find the most disturbing is the assertion/lie of “gay erasure." The only people that want to erase us is the GOP!

This is simply not true. SOME trans people and their advocates really don't seem to view cis gay men and women as living acceptable lifestyles anymore, and they definitely seem to encourage people -- even VERY young people -- to be trans rather than cis gay.

by Anonymousreply 220May 17, 2022 3:27 AM

That’s because cis ISN’T acceptable. Trans is king. All you GOP magats better get out of here. You are the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 221May 17, 2022 4:08 AM

lol ^

by Anonymousreply 222May 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Kansas school can't block Christian teacher from outing transgender students to parents, judge rules

A federal judge is blocking a Kansas public school's policy preventing teachers from outing transgender students to their parents after the teacher raised religious objections.

Fort Riley Middle School math teacher Pamela Ricard sued USD 475 Geary County Schools over LGBTQ anti-discrimination policies that conflicted with her Christian beliefs...

"Plaintiff believes that addressing students one way at school and a different way when speaking to their parents is dishonest," the opinion states. "Being dishonest violates her sincere religious beliefs."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 17, 2022 11:41 PM

Court: School’s transgender “don’t tell” policy falls short A federal judge criticizes a Kansas school for requiring teachers to hide students’ transgenderism from parents

School officials urged the court to affirm the policy, but the judge concluded the school failed to meet a necessary legal test requiring it to have a compelling reason for its rule and to use the least restrictive means to address its concern.

“The court can envision that a school would have a compelling interest in refusing to disclose information about preferred names or pronouns where there is a particularized and substantiated concern that disclosure to a parent could lead to child abuse, neglect, or some other illegal conduct,” Teeter wrote. But she found that school officials had not demonstrated that the transgender students in Ricard’s class faced any such danger.

She also noted that school officials conceded that parents have a constitutional right to control the upbringing of their children—a right she called the “oldest of the fundamental liberty interests” recognized by the Supreme Court...

School employees, like other government employees, are not free to say anything they want on the job, unless they are speaking on a matter of public concern, wrote UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh in a blog post about the case. Yet Volokh admitted, “It’s hard to figure out whether religious practices are ‘on a matter of public concern.’”

Virginia courts continue to wrestle with that issue. In March, the state Supreme Court agreed to hear the case of Peter Vlaming, a high school teacher fired for avoiding the use of personal pronouns to refer to a transgender student. In Loudoun County, Va., three teachers continue to challenge a school board policy forcing faculty members and students to use pronouns that students demand regardless of their biological sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 17, 2022 11:43 PM

Good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2022 2:23 AM

[Quote] So basically nobody who disagrees with you and wants to drop the T can be arguing in good faith and with motives that aren't malicious??

Certainly but you troll use the exact same language as the right wing does. No nuance. No cogent arguments. You post evil shit like “Trans kids should kill themselves.”

It’s people like you who inspire terrorists to shoot fellow Americans like in Buffalo. And no surprise, his manifesto contains the exact same language against trans you all use.

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2022 2:44 AM

r226 Sorry but I have NEVER posted comments saying people should kill themselves ever.

You cannot say in effect give trans rights activists everything they want without debate or you will inspire a terrorist. that is an absurd level of manipulation and blackmail and not a productive approach to political debate.

by Anonymousreply 227May 18, 2022 3:55 AM

The tranny fucker at r226 is triggered

by Anonymousreply 228May 18, 2022 2:03 PM

[quote]“Trans kids should kill themselves.”

I only ever hear this from pro-trans people, attributing it usually to women.

by Anonymousreply 229May 18, 2022 2:05 PM

Trans people get all the hot dick. That's why you anti-trans trolls are jealous.

by Anonymousreply 230May 19, 2022 8:04 PM

I swear it must be paid trolls

I’m a gay man and it is simply Never a topic of conversation for me or my friends

by Anonymousreply 231May 19, 2022 8:05 PM

R230 And then you wake up.

by Anonymousreply 232May 19, 2022 11:27 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if the pro-trans loon on here who is shrieking at everyone like a Tourette's sufferer is taking the piss and playing a character here. to make the trans crowd look more unstable than we already know them to be. After all, how could his quote below NOT be a joke?

[quote]That’s because cis ISN’T acceptable. Trans is king. All you GOP magats better get out of here. You are the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2022 11:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2022 11:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 19, 2022 11:54 PM

Daily Mail links, I'm so shocked!

by Anonymousreply 236May 19, 2022 11:55 PM

Get out more.

by Anonymousreply 237May 20, 2022 1:37 AM

R233, is trans a joke to you? Maybe you are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 238May 20, 2022 1:40 AM

R236, why shocked?

The Daily Mail reports on a lot of things that mainstream outlets won't touch because they are only interested in protecting elites like Jeffrey Epstein and his pals.

The Daily Mail will be remembered for its journalistic integrity in regard to the trans issue unlike "respected" outlets like NBC News.

by Anonymousreply 239May 20, 2022 1:43 AM

R238 What does any of that have to do with what I posted at R233 which is how someone on here is obviously trolling as a pro-trans loon. Unless that person is also you (likely) you should actually be angry that they're making your cause look foolish.

by Anonymousreply 240May 20, 2022 1:44 AM

At some point, the dam is gonna break, and mainstream media will have to report on the stories that only the Daily Mail reports on now.

by Anonymousreply 241May 20, 2022 1:55 AM

R239 because the Daily Mail is the goto source for right-wing British garbage.

by Anonymousreply 242May 20, 2022 6:05 AM

27k likes for this insulting lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2022 8:40 PM

How is it a lie that you’re reaping what we built? At least acknowledge us. Are we a joke to you?

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2022 8:54 PM

Assuming you're T, r244, what did you build? Since 1867, when Karl Heinrich Ulrichs became the first known person to publicly out himself as a gay man pleading for equality, the civil rights of gay men and lesbians has been achieved through the hard, tireless work of gay men and women.

Even with the Stonewall Riots: a) the participants were largely gay men and few lesbians, with only a handful of drag queens; b) more importantly, the riots galvanized the gay rights movement to the creation of new organizations and the establishment of the first Pride parade, all the work of gay men and lesbians, with nary a trans person in sight.

by Anonymousreply 245May 20, 2022 9:01 PM

Ha, gays may have started in 1867, but trans predates you by thousands of years. We were here eons before you and will be here eons after you after the fad of gays die out.

by Anonymousreply 246May 20, 2022 9:07 PM

R246 R244 You're very bad in trolling, try harder.

R243 This post liked 37k give me hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 21, 2022 1:01 PM

Gives you hope that some loon is as transphobic as you are?

by Anonymousreply 248May 21, 2022 1:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!