Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Season 2 of Tehran feat. Glenn

She speaks Persian! Is anyone watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2022 3:14 PM

She's looking like Better Midler these days. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2022 3:00 AM

This is what a real actor has to do, nowadays. Hillbilly Elegy and now, this thing.

Glenn Close lite.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2022 3:22 AM

Sounds like desperation to me...

Glenn, at this point you should probably just try to slap Chris Rock at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2022 3:47 AM

I watched S1. Tehran is a pretty great show.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2022 3:57 AM

I loved season 1, but am finding season 2 kind of dull so far. Also, Glenn’s performance has been very mannered and actor-y.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2022 5:40 PM

The first two episodes of S2 (the only ones I've seen so far) were pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2022 5:42 PM

But I would be more concerned about her British accent though, yes, when compared to mine in The Iron Lady which deservedly nabbed me my third Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2022 6:01 PM

How did this confluence of Glenn and Israeli TV even happen?

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 11:34 PM

I'll check it out. She was excellent in Damages and The Shield.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 6:20 AM

Ala, la la.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2022 4:22 AM

S2 doesn't disappoint (so far.)

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2022 4:40 AM

S2 has been hugely disappointing in my opinion. The stakes feel lower, the action is less exciting, and the main character seems to have lost about 100 IQ points between seasons. Glenn's weird lady of the manor voice also isn't helping matters.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2022 11:53 AM

I thought S2 was humming along alright until last week's episode. The inadvertent poisoning and the eleventh-hour antidote were a stretch, and the gross guys Tamar has to court as part of her mission are not interesting. Milad is also supremely annoying.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2022 12:02 PM

Omg Milad is SO annoying. I don't understand why he wasn't killed off in episode 2!

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2022 12:06 PM

She just looks younger ever day! I can't wait to see her Norma Desmond! Definitely HD close up ready!

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2022 12:14 PM

I've never heard of it.

I'm very conflicted about the state of television today.

I can't help resenting that there are so many different streaming platforms that all require separate subscriptions and so many obscure TV series that aren't promoted anywhere--many (Netflix) seemingly written by 14 year-old misfit girls who want to declare how to reform American social norms and unwatchable, and some brilliant.

On the other hand, TV series are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than almost any movies made in the past five (10?) years, and from The OA to Archive 81 to The White Lotus to Foundation, the good ones a brilliant and never would have been made by traditional TV networks or movie studios.

Is Tehran worth watching? I loved most of the run of Homeland and I loved The Honourable Woman. How does this show compare?

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2022 1:06 PM

If you like Homeland I think you'll like Tehran--at least season 1.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2022 1:15 PM

She looks fine - dressing age-appropriate and that blue is wonderful on her.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2022 2:51 PM

Tay don’t never run y’all!

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2022 2:54 PM

I LOVE her.

I've always liked her acting. I didn't like her face when I was young and wondered how she ever got any role on camera. Then I realized what a good actor she is. Then I grew to actually like her face a lot. She's unusual looking, and I'm tired of Hollywood standard-issue pretty people who don't have any character.

Then I saw her on Finding Your Roots on PBS and...WOW. What a life this woman has had.

She was raised in a hardcore cult, similar to the one Rose McGowan was raised in. And look how differently they turned out.

Glenn was forced to tour in a teen band that was sent out into the world to recruit people into the cult, and she escaped by herself and started her whole life over with no family and no friends--and look where she got herself. And she seems so intelligent and so sane. She keeps getting snubbed on major acting awards that she really does deserve, and she has good humor about it. I've never heard anyone say anything rotten about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2022 3:08 PM

Well, it's never too late to start learning, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2022 3:10 PM

"Tehran" (both seasons), in my opinion, is probably better than post-S1 "Homeland". It rings more realistic and, like "Fauda", it tends to be nuanced. Yes, the story is told from the perspective of and makes you sympathize with Mossad agents, but it also shows a certain level of empathy for the other side and, particularly, for ordinary Iranian citizens.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2022 3:11 PM

R22 The first season of Homeland had me an absolute nervous wreck. I was really disappointed in the second. But it found a really interesting groove and stayed high quality throughout its run, IMO. I skipped the season that focused on her friend being destroyed by sarin gas because I just couldn't watch it, but it got really interesting again when Carrie went to Germany.

Homeland and The Americans both had excellent runs for me. Both were sort of plodding and didn't always have heavy momentum but I was always engaged when I watched them.

The Julia Roberts show on Amazon, I thought, was hard to watch because it was so slow moving and overly subtle.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2022 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!