Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Viola Davis win an Emmy this year for "The First Lady?"

I think she will.

Michelle Obama must be beaming with pride, at this portrayal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2022 12:14 AM

Viola has had so much smoke blown up her big arse she believes she's infallible

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2022 8:37 PM

I predict it will go to Bowen Yang.

He's not an actress, and certainly not worthy on his merits, but he's just "SO BRAVE" for wearing women's shoes on a red carpet and doing the same stupid characters on sketch comedy.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote] Michelle Obama must be beaming with pride, at this portrayal.

Next time I see this bitch, I am going to beat her ass!

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2022 10:20 PM

Rofl.

The Republican director and producer of this shit should lose their jobs.

This is SO bad.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2022 1:46 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2022 12:09 AM

Viola needed to be humbled but I doubt she will learn from this. She let her ego get in the way. She should have known she was completely wrong for this part, turned it down, and graciously offered it to someone else while remaining one of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Did this actually air on Showtime yet?

I keep seeing The First Lady in the cable guide, but the episode descriptions so far have only been about Eleanor Roosevelt.

Nothing yet on Michelle Obama.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2022 12:18 AM

It's her over-the-top facial expressions that really turn this into a camp performance.

There's no way anyone will be able to take this seriously.

Michelle should sue Viola.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2022 12:20 AM

You know who would have been good for this part is the lady who starred in ‘War Room’ I forget her name and you guys probably wouldn’t know this film because its a Christian based film, but I think she would have nailed the part of Michelle.

Why in God’s name Viola agreed to do this is anybody’s guess.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2022 12:29 AM

Viola Davis is a ham.

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2022 1:44 AM

Gold Derby and critics are betting on Pfeiffer.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2022 2:03 AM

Viola is a sure bet for the RAZZIE!

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2022 2:31 AM

I can't believe that actually came out of Michelle's mouth.

Barack looks disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2022 7:03 PM

Finally watching this. Davis is unwatchable. She should win the Razzberry.

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2022 11:58 PM

[quote] Davis is unwatchable. She should win the Razzberry.

R14, you know what you are?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 12:01 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer is giving a far better performance and is more deserving of being awarded for this.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 12:02 AM

Why is Viola working her mouth like Donald Trump? She does that same mouth sphincter thing he does.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 12:09 AM

Viola did one faux pass a serious actor should never do and thats let method acting turn into a caricature. She oughta be ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 12:11 AM

Viola's collapse is complete.

This bitch will never win an Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 12:12 AM

r19, She's already has one u dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 12:32 AM

Haven’t they gotten enough awards? We even let them run the Oscars this year (which went as well as one would imagine).

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 12:46 AM

[quote] Haven’t they gotten enough awards? We even let them run the Oscars this year (which went as well as one would imagine).

And look at how "they" ruined it.

Everything "they" touch turns to shit.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

We need to go back to the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 12:48 AM

Why the fuck is Viola doing that ridiculous mouth thing??? Terrible terrible performance.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 12:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2022 6:38 PM

The more you try to ignore the terrible fishmouth tics to concentrate on the story, the worse it gets.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote] The more you try to ignore the terrible fishmouth tics to concentrate on the story, the worse it gets.

I am an ACKTRESS and a STAH, you racist!!!

How DARE you question my performance.

IT was GRAND!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2022 4:59 PM

I remember her trying to be funny when she did the intro to Streep's Golden Globe lifetime achievement. She was making some joke about them talking about cooking:

"Well that's because I spent all my time making my collard greens. I make the best collard greens. I use smoked turkey, chicken broth, and my special barbecue sauce. Silence. I shut her down. "Well, they don't taste right unless you use ham hocks. If you don't use ham hocks it doesn't taste the same. So, how's the family...."

Her comedy fell FLAT!

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2022 6:22 PM

As well it sh have, r27.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2022 7:04 PM

should have

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2022 7:04 PM

R19, Yousa dumb ass ignorant bitch, who needs to inform yourself before spreading lies. Bitchh.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2022 8:22 AM

R30 = JarJar Binks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2022 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!