Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MADONNA Releasing a DANCE Hits Retrospective

16-track remix collection and 50-track not-all-remixed hits collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2022 6:39 AM

A bestseller?

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2022 9:18 PM

I almost NEVER like the remix better than the original so HARD CANDY, er, PASS for me.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote]6. "Physical Attraction" (You Can Dance remix edit)

Am I missing something? The version of "Physical Attraction" on You Can Dance was just the album version, they didn't even remix it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2022 11:42 AM

As long as she doesnt fuck up the beats. Like an Arabic sounding version of Vogue or a Bulgarianis MUSIC.

I wonder if she offered sex to offfer Jellybean to remix it. WHET to Jellybean?

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2022 7:31 PM

Actually looking forward to this. A reminder that, deranged recent antics aside, she has one of the finest and most voluminous back catalogues in pop history.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2022 7:41 PM

I wonder why she left God Control off it?

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2022 7:57 PM

[quote]or a Bulgarianis MUSIC.

Honestly, I really don't like "Music", (and I do like Trio Bulgarka) so that would be an improvement for me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2022 8:19 PM

[quote]WHET to Jellybean?

He got old.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2022 8:22 PM

Now I know that the Dance Chart is trash. American Pie was #1 on there. It's garbage.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2022 10:52 PM

It's kinda weird that she "curated" the list, although I believe one of the entries was the entire You Can Dance album, which I guess would make it harder. But, does she hate "Causing a Commotion" or something? Why remove that?

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2022 8:46 PM

Revolver sucks.

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2022 8:53 PM

R6 Ask Casey Spooner

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2022 11:19 PM

Any idea why she's doing this? To stay relevant with the younger generation, you know, those young enough to be her great grandchildren? She's had amazing producers over the years.

One thing that maybe not a lot of people know was that she wanted to produce 'Like A Virgin' but the label was too orientated to males producing albums. Meanwhile, Michael Jackson was able to produce his own records. Madonna faced the glass ceiling of undue male prerogative even after her first album sold well. Nile Rodgers produced LAV and said even when she wasn't scheduled to be in the studio she was there during the whole process.

As much smack as has been leveled at her, she wasn't a phone it in artist at this stage of her career, like some invented pop stars were.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2022 2:35 AM

You're right, R13. She was involved with every little detail in her career in those days. The only thing I can think of that didn't feel like it was as micromanaged was perhaps You Can Dance, but I'm not totally sure about that, just a feeling.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2022 3:55 AM

As if Michael Jackson "produced" any of his own music!

Just like Beyoncé "writing songs."

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2022 12:24 PM

I quite like the look of this. At first, I was a bit disappointed that her 80's output seemed underrepresented but this is the collection of her songs and remixes that hit #1 on the dance chart, so it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2022 1:21 PM

[quote]Any idea why she's doing this?

Warner Bros is back in control and wants a nostalgic payday.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2022 2:21 PM

Bills must be paid!

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2022 2:23 PM

This retrospective feels reductive.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2022 5:10 PM

They're setting the stage for the release campaign of all her albums in deluxe editions. For an artist of her profile, her back catalog has been woefully neglected until now.

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2022 5:12 PM

Maybe it will detract from her bizarre behaviour and remind people that, whatever you think of her, she was at the top of her game as a pop star for many years.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2022 5:25 PM

Not when they're hearing shitty remixes.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2022 6:35 PM

She’s had some decent remixes over the years. How much you like it will depend on whether you like the dance genre.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2022 6:41 PM

R3. No. It’s mildly different. Some house piano. I think the mix is the promo edit from You Can Dance. The in store cd was radio length versions. It’s a collector’s cd but all over the net (if ya want it!!)

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2022 6:55 PM

Thank God they’re remixes from their each respective era. How she’s recently decimated Frozen is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2022 8:06 PM

God bless her but I'll pass. I have most of her pre-1995 catalog already and "Confessions..."

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2022 8:33 PM

Preach, Ajayll, preach!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Nile Rodgers produced LAV and said even when she wasn't scheduled to be in the studio she was there during the whole process.

Nile also said she was dumbfounded that he didn't want to sleep with her, since that was apparently par for the course when working with her.

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2022 8:51 PM

Nobody's going to like all 50 remixes but that's beside the point. Madonna was always someone who was very much in tune with whatever the latest trend in mainstream club culture was at the moment. So, I'll probably enjoy it as a trip down the memory lane of how the clubland trends evolved over the past 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2022 9:02 PM

Most of her hardcore fans already have most of these remixes. How boring.

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2022 9:18 PM

[quote]Nile also said she was dumbfounded that he didn't want to sleep with her, since that was apparently par for the course when working with her.

Isn’t Nile gay?🧐

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2022 9:19 PM

Not crazy about the fact that it is the edit versions of most of the remixes, rather than the full versions, but I assume that was to control costs, as a lot more discs would be required if it was all the full versions.

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2022 9:24 PM

R24, are you sure? I own You Can Dance and the only difference is that way to segues into "Everybody" at the start. I'll have to listen again, but I can't think of any differences, like more house piano or anything.

[quote]They're setting the stage for the release campaign of all her albums in deluxe editions. For an artist of her profile, her back catalog has been woefully neglected until now.

I really hope so! I've said elsewhere, but her albums are in dire need of remastering and I'd love to get my hands on some of those rare songs/demos/b-sides/remixes all in one place.

Speaking of, the other day I found the "Like a Prayer" and "Express Yourself" remix EPs on streaming and listened to them. My god, those mixes do not hold up well (in my opinion). The 7" remix of each is really good, they're based on the album versions. But the others, especially the "Like a Prayer" ones, really aren't very good in my opinion. I think it was such a shame they used the remixed version on The Immaculate Collection. I understand it was to tie in to Blonde Ambition, but I just don't like it, and now whenever you hear that song anywhere, it's this version.

The "Express Yourself" remixes are marginally better, and I actually like the one on The Immaculate Collection because it pumps up the background vocals, but the remixes in general do sound pretty thin too.

But hey, ho. I tend to think Shep Pettibone is overrated, which is sacrilegious, I know.

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2022 9:48 PM

Who buys greatest hits/collections albums anymore when you can just stream whatever songs you want and skip the crap you don’t want to hear?

This will tank. The dummy needs to release an album of completely unreleased songs/outtakes that have never been heard.

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2022 9:48 PM

The thing is, a lot of those remixes are scattered on 12" records and promo CD singles from the 80s and 90s and good luck finding those on streaming. Particularly when it comes to the control freak Madonna who's had such a strange relationship with a lot of her past output.

Streaming really doesn't generate much income for an artist. If you're a legacy act with a back catalog to milk, you're better off releasing deluxe vinyl/CD boxsets of old albums with a lot of unreleased material and other goodies of interest to fans. Those can easily go for $100+ or so and are sold out quickly.

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2022 9:55 PM

And this retrospective is probably little more than a promo/loss leader for the deluxe album re-release campaign.

by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] As if Michael Jackson "produced" any of his own music!

Of course he did. What a bizarre comment.

by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2022 10:10 PM

No one asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2022 10:10 PM

Dance charts are a joke. As was previously explained in another thread, Billboard simply asks DJs what they have spun. It wasn’t based on anything that could be confirmed. That’s why so many people have #1 dance hits. It’s bogus.

by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2022 10:13 PM

R35 missed the point entirely.

by Anonymousreply 40May 7, 2022 10:13 PM

Wow, R39 that's really interesting. I was just wondering how they determine this.

by Anonymousreply 41May 7, 2022 10:14 PM

Five songs from Madame X? Lol. She'll be trying to get her money back on that turkey until she leaves this Earth.

by Anonymousreply 42May 7, 2022 10:39 PM

I prefer the original “Into the Groove”.

She also must hate “Causing a Commotion”. Considering how many tracks from Madame X there are, she could have made room.

by Anonymousreply 43May 7, 2022 11:20 PM

Wow. She’s really doubling down on her weird appearance by featuring her current nightmare visage on the album cover. Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 44May 7, 2022 11:23 PM

“God Control” was the only thing I liked off Madame X.

Does she have a record deal at this point? Is she trying to fulfill some contract obligation?

by Anonymousreply 45May 7, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote]She also must hate “Causing a Commotion”.

I know, right? It was a really big hit, yet it hasn't appeared on any of the compilation albums. She did perform it on Who's That Girl and Blonde Ambition tours, but otherwise...

I've noticed it's recognisable to people who aren't really into Madonna as being one of her songs as well, so it's not obscure or anything.

by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2022 11:54 PM

Apparently Causing a Commotion is not on this retrospective because it was part of the Who's That Girl Record Store Day release.

I was hoping for something a little more rare and unique from Madonna for her first release back at WB.

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]Apparently Causing a Commotion is not on this retrospective because it was part of the Who's That Girl Record Store Day release.

Huh?

"Causing a Commotion" is a part of a group of songs including "Keep It Together", "This Used to Be My Playground", "Bad Girl" and "I'll Remember" that she seems to have no use for. She hasn't performed them in ages or hasn't performed at all.

Yet "Candy Shop" has been trotted out on numerous tours. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2022 12:04 AM

I can put this set list together on YouTube music.

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2022 12:05 AM

And when she performed "Candy Shop", well, we all saw what happened there...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2022 12:10 AM

boring!

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2022 12:34 AM

R13, do you know what the word "producing" in music even means?

As far as her producing a recording, Madonna doesn't have any technical background in recording studios, let alone, record engineering. Anyone can say, "That sounds good!" That opinion has little to do with technical ability. A relative is a record producer, as was yet another late relative. I know what I'm talking about.

The late British record producer George Martin was literally the Fifth Beatle because he was technically adept in the recording studio. Plus, he didn't only work with rock musicians.

Producing a recording is much more than just picking songs and hiring excellent musicians.

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote]I can put this set list together on YouTube music.

Exactly. What is the point of this?

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2022 12:44 AM

All of the songs are EDITS! I mean if you're doing a dance remix collection, why on earth would you include all edits?

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2022 12:55 AM

Because fifty tracks with two-minute long intros of a drum beat and two-minute outros of the same would be a bit repetitive. Have you heard any of her full-length remixes? Six minutes of a remix sandwiched between eternal intros and outros. I'm relieved they're using edited versions; let me hear the tucking song. If I want the boom-boom-boom ad nauseum intro, I have the remixes on the cd singles. I'm just glad she's using edits and not remixing each track to sound like the shit she records these days.

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2022 1:10 AM

R55 The one with 50 tracks is a deluxe edition. The standard version is 16 tracks.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2022 1:12 AM

R56. The deluxe edition is still using edits. The 16-track edition is just a whittled-down version of the 50-track set with different cover artwork.

by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2022 1:21 AM

Is that miss swan at r50

by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2022 1:26 AM

They put up the edit for Into the Groove on her Youtube channel. Not a good edit job at all. Hopefully the others are done better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2022 1:40 AM

R57 My point was 16 tracks isn’t that many and they could have done full length remixes with the standard version.

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2022 1:46 AM

R59 Wow, I do not care for that remix at all.

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2022 1:51 AM

They took the piano breakdown out of Into the Groove, which was the best part of that remix.

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote]Does she have a record deal at this point? Is she trying to fulfill some contract obligation?

No. She has a deal with Warner Records to re-release expanded versions of her albums. She’s starting to own her masters. She’s doing it for the money.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2022 1:57 AM

The funny thing is there are a few songs that weren’t actually #1. Causing a Commotion is written on the cover but no where to be seen on the track list. This is just another piece of crap she threw together to get some money now that her touring days are behind her.

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote]Apparently Causing a Commotion is not on this retrospective because it was part of the Who's That Girl Record Store Day release.

So what? Most people didn’t get that. Only a few copies were made. That’s not an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2022 1:59 AM

As horrified as I am by her recent antics, I will always have a soft spot for the Madonna of the 80’s, the one I grew up with. As such, I would definitely welcome a deluxe re-release of her first few albums. In fact, I’d love a deluxe treatment of her back catalogue in the same vein as what’s ongoing with David Bowie’s. A series of box sets covering chronologically his career, with remastered albums, lots of unreleased material, rarities, all his live performances, etc. Each box set includes also a booklet with dozens and dozens of pages of fascinating interviews with producers, never seen before photos, etc. This is how you treat the legacy of an artist of such stature. And Madonna’s legacy, certainly pre-super bowl, deserves such treatment.

by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2022 3:23 AM

I think she's making a very logical business decision in her continuingly relevant and active music career!

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2022 3:56 AM

[quote]Is that miss swan at [R50]

It's Madonna's REAL voice: Minnie Mouse on helium.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2022 5:56 AM

She'd better add all 7 of the promo edits to the You Can Dance reissue as bonus tracks since the promo is rare and quite a few people haven't heard them yet.

If she goes George Lucas on her back catalogue and adds to , edits, remixes or re-records parts of any of her previous tracks (released, unreleased or rare) I'm going to be pissed and I know I won't be the only one.

Imagine finally get the Rain Tapes digitally remastered and loaded with autotune. -_-

Since there are tons of remixes, she should just compile them into separate albums for each track/single and release them digitally.

Otherwise each one of her albums is going to have a dozen or more discs each.

More people would rather buy a digital album featuring 20 or remixes remixes of the same song than a physical CD set these days.

Plus there wouldn't be any manufacturing costs since we all know how damn cheap she can be.

Here is a complete and up to date list of her official remixes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2022 6:23 AM

[quote]The funny thing is there are a few songs that weren’t actually #1. Causing a Commotion is written on the cover but no where to be seen on the track list. This is just another piece of crap she threw together to get some money now that her touring days are behind her.

LMAO! How stupid! Just goes to show this is just a quick money grab that was thrown together.

Speaking of Causing a Commotion, I’ve always found it bizarre how she hasn’t performed this song in 32 years even though it was a big hit. She’s so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2022 6:48 AM

It’s just as well the remixes are edits. A single club mix can last upwards of—and occasionally in excess of—10 minutes. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2022 8:57 AM

The Honey Dijon mixes add nothing to the tuneless I Don't Search, I Find. It never goes anyway and is proof of the serious decline of Madonna's once mastery of popular dance genres.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2022 9:19 AM

R59 is a disaster. They removed "the groove" - sounds like its coming out a child's Close N'Play.

WTF is wrong with Madge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2022 9:24 AM

R34 People who collect vinyl.

Can someone "purchase" this, upload it, and then send it directly to my email address?

THANKS.

Love to ALL

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2022 9:26 AM

[quote]Imagine finally get the Rain Tapes digitally remastered and loaded with autotune.

Oh god, please no! That'd be criminal.

[quote]Since there are tons of remixes, she should just compile them into separate albums for each track/single and release them digitally.

Goldfrapp put all of their singles up on streaming and the singles are a special digital version that includes all the various remixes/b-sides across the different versions of the single. I think a similar thing has been done with a handful of the Madonna singles, "Like a Prayer", "Express Yourself", "Vogue", "Erotica", "Secret", "Bedtime Story", etc. I would like it if she just continued on down this path, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2022 12:20 PM

No one cares about this release

by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2022 1:04 PM

We don’t need the remixes. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2022 1:29 PM

[QUOTE] "Causing a Commotion" is a part of a group of songs including "Keep It Together", "This Used to Be My Playground", "Bad Girl" and "I'll Remember" that she seems to have no use for. She hasn't performed them in ages or hasn't performed at all.

This is because these songs are the most difficult ones for Madonna to sing live.

She pulled them off in the studio, but even then, they used every trick in the book to make her sound good.

Madonna never had much of a vocal range (although she did some interesting things with her lower register.) But now that she's older, she especially can't hit a higher note to save her life.

During a concert, she always relies heavily on her backup singers, but not just the ones visible onstage. She also relies on backing tracks of her own voice to beef things up.

With all that, she still sounds like shit at times.

She also doesn't have the same vocal endurance. She just can't sustain an evening of pure singing anymore. I think that's why she talked to the audience so much during the Madame X tour. Ironically, talking is very fatiguing to the voice. So are drugs, alcohol, insomnia, and soullessness.

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] All of the songs are EDITS!

As they should be!

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2022 2:36 PM

I really wish she'd release some of her awesome tour remixes. Some of those versions have leaked online but to have clean, crisp, properly mixed tracks would be ideal.

I'm talking sticky and sweet Get Into The Groove....confessions Like A Virgin....

by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2022 2:43 PM

Confessions “Like A. Virgin” is an amazing version.

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2022 3:54 PM

It really is. Best one after Blonde Ambition's.

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2022 7:17 PM

Although I became a huge fan of Madonna's in 1984/85, for some reason, Like a Virgin was never one of my favourites. But the Stuart Price version of Like a Virgin for Confessions is the definitive version for me. It still sounds good over 15 years later.

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2022 7:35 PM

There's a reason numerous gay DJ's refused to work with her going forward - just let that sink in

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2022 7:44 PM

Throw in a couple of blu-rays with some of her imperial phase concerts into those deluxe reissues and I'm so buying them.

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2022 8:07 PM

"Deeper and Deeper (David's Radio Edit)" has now been released.

I've always really liked this version. This edit does fade out just a bit too early for my tastes though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2022 9:24 PM

ANOTHER Madonna thread?!

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2022 9:26 PM

This thread is almost a month old...asshole!

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2022 9:37 PM

I did a silly thing a couple of days ago.

Had been listening to the "Erotica" maxi-single and really enjoyed those mixes. Already owned the "Rain" EP from when I was a kid and knew I enjoyed those mixes. Also knew I enjoyed the "Deeper and Deeper" mixes.

So, I decided to seek out and listen to as many of the "Fever" remixes as I could, as I wasn't aware of them.

My god. The album version of the song is clunky enough as it is (in my opinion). The mixes were so uninspiring! With the exception of the Edit One/Edit Two versions used for the singe release, I was seriously unimpressed. What is it about this track that is so hard to make sound good? Obviously this is in my opinion only, and anyone who can make a case for any of the remixes, I'd love to hear it. But by the end of the day, I felt like I never wanted to listen to music again, which is very unusual for me.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2022 9:46 PM

When did Stuart Price jump ship, how did it happen and where is he now?

by Anonymousreply 90May 28, 2022 3:05 PM

Go get dat MONEY!

by Anonymousreply 91May 28, 2022 3:20 PM

Stuart Price has been working consistently with Pet Shop Boys.

by Anonymousreply 92May 28, 2022 5:15 PM

I'm not sure about the details of Stuart Price no longer working with Madonna, but I presume there was a falling out. Because they didn't simply collaborate on music, but Price also was the music director of her tours.

I think Hard Candy changed that.

by Anonymousreply 93May 28, 2022 7:00 PM

Was it on that I'm Gonna Tell You A Secret documentary where Madonna was seen all aghast that Stuart Price was an atheist? She kept saying: "This hurts ME!" It was really gross. You can have your weird kabbalah bullshit, Madonna, but stop pushing it onto everyone else. She sounded like Oprah, trying to convince him that deep down he actually was spiritual. Maybe he finally told her to fuck off with it.

by Anonymousreply 94May 28, 2022 9:46 PM

Apparently Stuart married Madonna's former manager and now they both hate M.

Stuart has actually had quite a successful post-Madonna career, producing Kylie, Pet Shop Boys, Seal, and The Killers.

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2022 2:03 AM

[quote]Apparently Stuart married Madonna's former manager and now they both hate M.

Interesting! I wonder what happened there?

He was the last producer that she worked with who understood what worked for her.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2022 2:09 AM

Definitely, and he was a great music director for her. The Confessions Tour audio still sounds fantastic over 15 years later. He knew how to remix her old classics to make them sound modern and fresh.

by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2022 2:14 AM

The Confessions Tour really was an excellent one to release as on CD as well as DVD. Sounds great!

by Anonymousreply 98May 29, 2022 2:15 AM

It appears that Madonna must be entering her "Diana Ross 2000s 'I Love You'" album release career-phase, albeit Diana's wasn't a dance hits anthology. Madonna had in our generation the pop music success and longevity that Ross had in the previous one. I think Madonna should be proud of those hits and longevity, she released some pretty impressive music and had quite her own influence on her generation's pop-icon culture, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 99May 29, 2022 2:40 AM

When Madonna went full-blown Kabballah, she opened herself up to demon possession.

by Anonymousreply 100May 29, 2022 3:07 AM

She's gone through personal assistants like kleenex. Who wants to work for a rude bitchy demanding perfectionist control freak who is never satisfied and expects you to be on call 24/7 for shit pay with no overtime? At one point she had multiple staff walk out on her in one week. The staff turnover is most likely as high as that of Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 101May 29, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote]At one point she had multiple staff walk out on her in one week.

Wow, I wonder what happened in this instance? Where did you find out about this?

I would hate that job, I've even heard personal assistants who [italic]liked[/italic] the person they were assistant too (and still do today) talk about how demanding a job it is.

by Anonymousreply 102May 29, 2022 11:55 AM

A remixed video has been released with the lastest track from the album:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2022 12:28 PM

That cover art is awful

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2022 12:41 PM

R103, that's a great mix.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2022 1:31 PM

Latest release from the upcoming album:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2022 1:45 PM

Anyone listening yet? The 16-track, shorter album version has just been released.

16 tracks go by pretty quickly and you're really cycling through her albums really quickly. There's nothing from Like a Virgin, True Blue or Who's That Girl, so it does feel a bit rushed when you go from "Into the Groove" to "Like a Prayer".

It's sorta interesting I guess in how the remix has changed over the years: from the extended but basically intact 80s songs, to the reimaginings of the 90s that still manage to be based on elements of the original track, to whatever happened in the 21st century. I mean, that is my generation's club music but going through this collection I have to say, once we hit "Music", the remixes become really quite generic and bland.

It might be more interesting to listen to this as the 50 track version, but that doesn't come out until August.

Personally, I hope Warner Bros go back to releasing all her maxi-singles. I've had a lot of fun going through them recently. Never really listened to them when I was a Madonna fan, now it's like getting a second look at her career, and I'd love them to at least complete the 90s collection, which are some of the best remixes from what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2022 1:41 AM

OP is truly his master's wannabe lap dog, isn't he/she/they? Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2022 1:55 AM

This one-disc version loses me very quickly. It does move quickly, like R107 says, but by the time you hit Music, it feels like the best stuff is behind you and the remixes that follow are just repetitive. At one point, I thought one song had gone on for quite some time only to realize one song had ended and another begun but they just sounded too similar. I think the longer version coming in August with more songs from all the years will fare better. This skipped too much.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2022 4:17 AM

I never bothered listening to remixes of her songs because some of them have up to 20 or more remixes per song.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2022 10:29 AM

[quote]MADONNA Releasing

Could someone spritz a little Glade?

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2022 10:31 AM

[quote]At one point, I thought one song had gone on for quite some time only to realize one song had ended and another begun but they just sounded too similar.

The exact same thing happened to me!

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2022 10:50 AM

This just a cash grab budget release. An attempt at trying to get a #1 album without having to record any new material. The half assed tracklisting is a huge sign of this.

by Anonymousreply 113June 26, 2022 1:42 AM

Madonna is soo relevant today. She's the biggest,prettiest, most original star of our time. I just can't get enough of her. I wish she would adopt me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 26, 2022 1:55 AM

This album will flop. She's done too much damage to her image and legacy. She is a joke and has been a joke for years.

It was nice to hear some of these mixes again, and reminded me why I was a fan. But then I remembered the gremlin she's turned into, and the joy and nostalgia evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 115June 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Gawd, who didn't she fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 26, 2022 2:09 AM

It's okay. She got a new one. Sure, it's sixty three, diseased and bumpy, but it's refreshed and ready if you are.

by Anonymousreply 117June 26, 2022 2:13 AM

serious question: so what SHOULD Madonna do to regain her legacy, have radio play her music, etc?

by Anonymousreply 118June 26, 2022 2:27 AM

She should donate most of her money to a worthy charity and drop out of sight. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2022 2:31 AM

I think it's too late.

Her decades of work is impressive, but now she's made it so her vanity and obsession with sexual shock value eclipses all of it.

As r115 said, the joy isn't there listening to her. If she'd politely semi retired it would have been.

by Anonymousreply 120June 26, 2022 9:27 AM

She's so busy taking selfies she can't accomplish anything.

by Anonymousreply 121June 26, 2022 10:24 AM

Madonna was promoting a trans poc throwing the first brick this week for Pride.

by Anonymousreply 122June 26, 2022 11:08 AM

This sounds awful, but I think it's the way it will be.

Madonna's legacy will not be regained until after she dies at which point everyone will fall over themselves to praise her and pretend they weren't making fun of her. At the same time, it will also allow her crazy antics to fade somewhat from memory and for the good stuff she did to come to the forefront.

by Anonymousreply 123June 26, 2022 1:02 PM

Finally Enough Filler

by Anonymousreply 124June 26, 2022 1:15 PM

R118 delete her fucking Instagram, and never ever be responsible for her own social media again. Get the mental health support she clearly needs. Retire from the spotlight for a few years, get back to charity work, dress like a proper human being and then release a classy acoustic or orchestral greatest hits and remind people she actually has one of the best pop discographies of all time. It’ll never happen though. She’s too much of a contrarian and narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 125June 26, 2022 3:02 PM

<- Rocco, being fitted for a zoot suit and spats

by Anonymousreply 126June 26, 2022 4:51 PM

She should retire to a villa in France or Italy and paint all day. And wear long flowing tasteful dresses. Her “youthful” style is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 127June 28, 2022 1:36 AM

R15 thinks only white people can write and produce

by Anonymousreply 128June 28, 2022 1:39 AM

Madonna's original producer was black. Reggie Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 129June 28, 2022 1:46 AM

She always had the easy girl look. Like she'd do you for nothin. And then rob you.

by Anonymousreply 130June 28, 2022 3:34 AM

I like the new album artwork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 28, 2022 12:34 PM

"Holiday" now released. I imagine there will be one more release before the complete album comes out on August 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2022 10:44 PM

It's just the original song, right?

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2022 10:49 PM

Nah, the original is about 6 minutes long, this is the 7" version. But yeah, there's not a lot different than the version on The Immaculate Collection, I don't think. Unless anyone can correct me on that. "Holiday" is not a favourite song of mine from her, so I'm not fully knowledgeable about the differences.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2022 10:58 PM

All the tracks on the Immaculate Collection, except for the new songs, were remixed. None match the original single versions. Some differ more than others.

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2022 11:07 PM

"Impressive Instant" released last week.

Shock of shocks, I actually quite like this. It's shocking to me because I've never really liked the song, plus as we were talking about above, once we get to the 21st century, the remixes start sounding more uninspired. But this one kinda reminds me of the type of stuff that was playing when I first came out and started going to gay clubs/uni days. So there's nostalgia there too.

Maybe the song is better than I've given it credit before? I may have just been put off by the "singy singy singy" bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote] Madonna's original producer was black. Reggie Lucas.

…Unhappy with Lucas's production outputs, she invited John "Jellybean" Benitez to complete the album; he remixed three tracks and produced "Holiday"

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2022 9:39 PM

[Quote] …Unhappy with Lucas's production outputs, she invited John "Jellybean" Benitez to complete the album; he remixed three tracks and produced "Holiday"

And?

Madonna's next producer was black too: Nile Rodgers.

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2022 10:38 PM

This is just conjecture, but I wonder if she was really concerned in the beginning of her music being considered dated or passe too quickly? It seems like music was changing very quickly around that time and a lot of stuff that could be seen as too 70s probably wouldn't have been picked up. So she got a talented partner in Reggie Lucas to work on some songs, then had them remixed by an up and coming DJ of the "now", if you get me?

There's an interview of her around 1984/85 where she talks about Pat Benatar and Blondie being "tired".

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2022 10:49 PM

Well, some of the remixes have a live drummer, don't they? I suspect it was more about making more luxe sounds that what Lucas provided. That said, the minimal aesthetic of The First Album is what has helped it age better than "Like a Virgin" etc.

by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2022 10:57 PM

Didn't Jellybean add cowbell to Borderline? Can't get more '70s than cowbell.

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2022 10:57 PM

R140 - I agree here. When I started collecting and getting into Madonna (around 1995/96) I remember not being that into the first album, but my god it really has aged well and I find it a really enjoyable piece of pop music now. It holds up very well.

[quote]Didn't Jellybean add cowbell to Borderline? Can't get more '70s than cowbell.

Did he? Hahaha, I didn't know that! Well, there goes my theory!

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2022 11:04 PM

Just on this:

[quote]Personally, I hope Warner Bros go back to releasing all her maxi-singles.

I just found out yesterday that Bad Girl/Fever has been added to streaming now, which is very cool. I'm not the hugest fan of the Fever remixes, apart from Edit One/Two, but I really appreciate having this, and am really hopeful now that we should get Deeper and Deeper, Rain and Bye Bye Baby too.

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2022 11:03 AM

I realize you can't really go backwards with plastic surgery and can only embrace whatever you've ended up with...

...but that face on the cover is not Madonna. I hate seeing it, I won't accept it and it upsets me.

I hated the Whitney "hologram" BS they were trying to sell to the masses. It isn't Whitney. And this photo-shopped face isn't Madonna. We know there are wrinkles, girl. So you've just paid a bunch of folks to erase them, redraw your pores and the whole nine yards for nothing.

It makes me sad and angry, like they think they're duping me. "Hey, Madonna is actually a 27 year old with a super wide face!" No, actually, she isn't.

And it especially pisses me off because she spent so many years working out, pushing herself (too hard clearly) and you'd think after all that, you could be happy with where your body is at in your 60s. But apparently not.

Cher is lucky this didn't happen to her. Her face also got "balloony" a few years ago but I guess she knew to stop then and there.

by Anonymousreply 144October 24, 2022 5:55 AM

[quote]I realize you can't really go backwards with plastic surgery and can only embrace whatever you've ended up with...

Maybe if she lets it settle and stops fucking around with it, she could end up with something she can work with? Tori Amos did some weird shit to her face in the 00s, but now actually looks pretty good. Not like her old self, but not as strange as she did for awhile there.

by Anonymousreply 145October 24, 2022 6:22 AM

R145- I have no idea what she really looks like because of her insane over use of filters. Of course I know that she should have that hideously unflattering butt implant removed. It also looks painful.

by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2022 6:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!