Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The ABC Monday Night Movie presents

"Off The Minnesota Strip" (1980)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2022 5:08 AM

I’d thought Season Hubley was in that. I guess not.

But I learned something new by googling it:

[italic] 1970s Eighth Avenue: “Minnesota Strip” could describe Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 50th Streets… It was coined by cops in the 1970s because a huge proportion of the prostitutes who worked that stretch were teenage runaways from Minnesota.

A November 28, 1977 Time article reported, “Minneapolis police claim that up to 400 juveniles a year from the area are lost to other cities, with most of the youths winding up in prostitution in New York.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2022 5:28 AM

I preferred Cloris Leachman in the syphilis drama "Someone I Touched"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2022 5:32 AM

<- More like, "Someone I sucked".

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2022 5:37 AM

Oh, Cloris did more than suck—she took those syph-infected loads right up her slutty married snatch!

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2022 5:38 AM

Jesus Christ, this sounds awful:

“She’s torn between the man who loves her and the man who needs her.

It’s the toughest choice a woman can make - and she’s enjoying every minute of it.”

Starring Jean Stapleton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2022 5:43 AM

Olivia De Havilland *IS* The Screaming Woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2022 6:01 AM

A cancer-ridden Susan Hayward watches her husband have a heart attack and crash his small plane in front of her in

Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole

A Spelling-Goldberg Production

(which ABC wisely did not pick up to series)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2022 6:05 AM

The Night They Took Miss Beautiful

beauty pageant contestants held hostage!!!

She's not in the ad but Victoria Principal plays Miss Israel who is really an undercover CIA or FBI (I forget) agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2022 7:15 AM

Listen you bitches, I'm seeing ABC and CBS movies. This thread is for ABC movies of the week. Get it right!

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2022 7:41 AM

Err, NBC! Goddamn it, Candy. Where are my glasses!?

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2022 7:42 AM

Who could resist these graphics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2022 8:15 AM

When Michael Calls ... Elizabeth Ashley freaks out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Off the Minnesota Strip was written by David Chase, who went on to create The Sopranos.

He won an Emmy for that screenplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2022 2:49 AM

Night Slaves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 2:55 AM

The Victim, with Elizabeth Montgomery and DL face George Maharis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 2:56 AM

Elizabeth Montgomery was the ABC TV movie queen for a while.

Including her infamous take on Lizzie Borden:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 3:16 AM

Bumpo

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 9:21 PM

The star tunnel rules!! My mom used to watch all the James Bond movies on that!

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 12:56 AM

Bad Ronald

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 5:41 PM

Sopranos show runner David Chase wrote Off the Minnesota Strip. I just listened to a podcast yesterday where he was talking about it. He had other movies in development before the Sopranos that never got made. They all sounded good. Makes you wonder how so much crap gets green kit when very good scripts are shelved.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 6:28 PM

The Christmas movie Home for the Holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 12:48 AM

Satan's Triangle, with Alejandro Rey and Kim Novak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2022 4:49 AM

Moviola, the 3 part TV movie about Hollywood. Best was the middle (I think) segment, The Scarlett O’Hara War, about the casting process. Morgan Brittany (Magat bitch) cameos at the end.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2022 5:01 AM

I remember one that was called something like Murder Among Friends. People in an apartment complex keep getting offed, including someone who got electrocuted in a pool.

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2022 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!