Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People want the cops there when they are in trouble and to leave them alone when they are not…and good on them.

It’s their job after all.

These people weren’t born police. They decided to become one. Nobody is forcing them to be there.

So there is no excuse for this nation-wide police strike on crime-fighting. They need to do the jobs they are being paid to do.

I don’t even blame the officers, they take orders from the brass which has clearly told them to stand down and let crime fester while blaming it all on the “woke” DAs and Biden.

This is a clear strategy to influence politics by not policing crime. The LAPD has admitted as much. This is all coming from the top. Don’t blame the individual officers.

by Anonymousreply 85August 25, 2022 1:32 PM

Like people are supposed to feel bad about not wanting to be abused by police. Like we are supposed to take it all back. No no you can beat us. We’re sorry for speaking out?

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2022 10:08 PM

Colin Kapernick is going back to the NFL. This needs to be resolved by all parties coming to the table and acting like adults.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2022 10:08 PM

Link, please re: " nation-wide police strike on crime-fighting"

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2022 10:14 PM

Bari Weiss confirms the LAPD stand down, with direct quotes. They are doing this on purpose and trying to show BLM a lesson.

She has direct quotes from the force. The official basically said enjoy policing your own crime because we aren’t going to do police work to prove a point. Seems illegal to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2022 1:36 AM

I realize that the cops feeling were hurt but they need to get back to work. It’s like a free for out there while they are on strike.

Why do you think there is so much crime? Because the police are intentionally fanning the flames.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 1:37 AM

OP=R1=R2

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2022 1:39 AM

I hate the way the media treated that poor police woman who accidentally shot that thug trying to run away from the cops in his car. I don’t blame cops for saying fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 1:46 AM

Look at r6 doing more detective work in the last 5 min than the LAPD has done in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 1:49 AM

The point is it’s ok to want both of those things stated in the headline.

It’s ok to want the cops when you need them and not want them to harm innocent people. That is just fine. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 1:51 AM

R7 so they should collect a paycheck for not working? Or do you mean you’re ok with them resigning?

I’m sure you don’t mean that shine should be burglarized or murdered because someone hurt their feelings?

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 1:53 AM

*shine = someone

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2022 1:53 AM

It’s not ok for cops to say that to their respective constituents. They have to protect and serve or else what are they being paid for? I’m confused as to why someone would encourage a police force to stand down and not do it’s job bu procuring the public. They are paid with taxes. So you think we should pay taxes to people who refuse to do police work?

No wonder crime seems to be on the increase.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 1:55 AM

R4, that's a link to a Bill Maher thread and I'm not dredging through the whole thing to find a quote.

One other source besides Bari Weiss, please. From a newspaper or magazine or something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 1:56 AM

*protecting

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 1:56 AM

R13 they are not exactly running to the press with this. But she confirmed on live television that the LAPD is standing down and intentionally not policing crime. It’s there on the record for the world to see it. You can pretend it doesn’t exist but it does. There is no ambiguity about it. Take a look around in every major city they are doing this.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote] Bari Weiss confirms the LAPD stand down, with direct quotes. They are doing this on purpose and trying to show BLM a lesson.

Bari Weiss is also the moron who screams free speech after she demanded a professor be fired for saying something negative about Israel. She’s a religious lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 2:08 AM

OP Copsucker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 2:15 AM

When I think of corrupt and crooked cops, LAPD is the first that comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 2:19 AM

"Defund the police" has caused a lot of problems.

That phrase was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 2:26 AM

[quote] That phrase was wrong.

Why? They literally want it defunded and done away with. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 2:52 AM

Even if the cops do their jobs and arrest people, it's for nothing if the crimes aren't prosecuted.

I come from a family of cops and I really fear and feel for them. It's a terrible time to be a cop in America.

Let them live without the cops for awhile. Let the social workers and "community policing" (It's called "the mafia") commence.

Tired of the anti cop rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Cops are fucking scum.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2022 3:08 AM

When I think of corrupt and crooked cops, I think "corrupt and crooked" are redundant since we're talking about cops.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2022 3:09 AM

This is why they had to send in the national guard to Montgomery.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2022 4:30 AM
by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 12:16 PM

A daughter of a cop once said never to speak to cops because her dad one out of ten was bad. If you talk, you have a ten percent chance of getting screwed.

Cops have chosen to side with their own, including the dirty ones. They could have united in a condemnation and reform movement after Rodney King, George Floyd, etc. But they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2022 12:35 PM

R17 are you saying that the op headline is unfairly in favor of police? Huh?

Do you struggle with reading comprehension?

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2022 12:42 PM

R7, cat got your tounge?

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2022 12:42 PM

Anyone who uses "woke" as a descriptor without a sense of irony is a leading sign of vaginal odor and retardation. OP, you might want to get yourself checked out.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2022 3:22 PM

Corrected:

[quote] Using "woke" as a descriptor without a sense of irony is a leading sign of vaginal odor and retardation. OP, you might want to get yourself checked out.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2022 3:23 PM

This is a silent strike. They want to keep their paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2022 7:41 PM

R29 didn’t even read the post.

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2022 7:42 PM

It seems like all the police have just vanished.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote] People want the cops there when they are in trouble and to leave them alone when they are not…and good on them.

The problem with that is that most of the time when you are in trouble and want the cops, the other person wants to be left alone. Take George Floyd example, and what was done to him was wrong. I'm sure George Floyd wanted to be left alone, but the shop keeper he had just allegedly passed counterfeit money to was in trouble and wanted cops involved. It is a balancing act of rights and responsibilities. And, I think it is clear we haven't trained officers how to correctly balance the scales.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2022 9:33 PM

I wonder if the nationwide law-enforcement strikes included the precinct that “responded” to the Texas shooting.

Or the PA shooting for that matter.

Where are all the police these days? Every single department must be in strike, not just the majority of them.

This is dangerous. Police need to get back to work.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2022 9:02 PM

Why was George Floyd still in the parking lot tripping balls when the police arrived? It all could have been avoided if he had just left instead of staying the parking lot with his tweaking ass!

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2022 9:30 PM

R35 The department in Texas were just piss poor excuses for law enforcement. I mean being afraid of getting shot, so instead you allow a gunman to just kill children? I'm sorry I don't want cops to die, but if you are a cop, sadly it can be a requirement. A firefighter wouldn't be any good if he was afraid of getting burned. Cops are supposed to run towards danger not hunker down and hide.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2022 11:15 PM

The only words we should be posting are “gun control now”. No more, no less. YES, they are on silent strike, duh. But they want us to start trying to unravel that ball of yarn instead of the real prize which is called *gun control* mother fuckers. No more bullshit. We want fucking gun control and we will shut this whole mother fucker down until we get it. I don’t give a fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2022 11:25 PM

Do you people believe the claims now?

Clearly there is a nationwide police strike going on. They’re just being coy about it.

Is there anybody left that needs more evidence? Look around you. Open your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2022 1:17 AM

Police have never been about fighting crime. Only the protection of personal property.

Hollywood is responsible for the mess we are in, for decades of painting cops as respectable instead of the glorified bounty hunters and standover men that they are.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2022 1:20 AM

R38 If the police aren't willing to do the job they have now, what makes you think they will enforce new gun laws?

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2022 1:23 AM

If you don’t see the police strike you’re blind. Sorry. Wake up and see with your eyes.

The police quote from the LAPD chief says it all. They are “withdrawing”.

That is the same thing as a strike.

Notice the speeding deaths are up.

Car wrecks are up. M

Those two alone prove the strike but there is also the increase in all crime.

When the cat is a way, the mice will play.

This is an order from on high as payback for BLM.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2022 5:45 AM

Cameras for everyone. Transparency. Protects the police as much as the perps. I wouldn't want to be an officer of the law because it's very dangerous. Physically dangerous and psychologically scarring. They continually see the worst in humanity, on the daily. Our lives would be so much worse without them. People talk a stream of bullshit, cameras don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2022 6:06 AM

It’s a police officer job. They are dangerous by nature.

If you want safety go be a librarian.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2022 6:37 AM

R4, if they're not going to do their jobs, clean house or at least slash their bloated wages and take away their pensions and benefits.

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2022 6:46 AM

I'm confused, gun control for law enforement? Or right winger, police not wanting to give up their personal collections of semi automatic weapons. Police, in the line of duty, should be armed to the max, with tazers being the used before guns.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2022 6:47 AM

R45 exactly what are they being paid for?

Will we get detailed accounting of county, city and state law enforcement agencies that for loads of Covid cash and no oversight during the last two years?

That would be interesting to see.

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2022 6:57 AM

Where is all that money going?

You need to ask these questions of your local and regional law enforcement agencies.

Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2022 6:58 AM

Police departments were usually penalized for rising crime rates. What ever happened to that?

These speeding rates/deaths are off the charts.

And yet the media is mum as usual.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2022 6:58 AM

These police departments are taking this money, giving themselves huge raises and then “withdrawing” as per the LAPD chief.

That is the model.

We need to get it the bottom of where these funds are going since there is no police work going on anymore. These departments are pitiful. It’a racketeering. Big time stuff.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2022 7:00 AM

[quote] Where is all that money going?

They spend tens of millions in high-tactical militarized equipment and gear. A fat lot of good that did at Uvalde...

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2022 7:01 AM

[quote] These police departments are taking this money, giving themselves huge raises and then “withdrawing” as per the LAPD chief.

And yet a lot of people think the police are underfunded, and the solution to all of life's problems is to throw more and more tens of millions of dollars at them.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2022 7:08 AM

[quote] This is all coming from the top. Don’t blame the individual officers.

. . . but . . . but . . . we were only following orders.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2022 7:16 AM

It’s very simple. Let me sum it up for you.

Assault = CRIME

Smoking weed = ARREST NOT NECESSARY

Rape = CRIME

Gay sex in a bathhouse = ARREST NOT NECESSARY

Shoplifting = CRIME

Jerking off in a video booth = ARREST NOT NECESSARY

Maybe cops would be appreciated more if they could get the above through their skulls. Quit targeting people who aren’t bothering anyone and ruining their lives.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2022 7:24 AM

I think cops have good intentions initially. But constant exposure to danger and scumbags takes it toll. I work in an office environment and want to beat someone's ass daily. I can only imagine what emotions a cop goes through.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2022 7:32 AM

*some* cops have good intentions initially, but they don’t get very far. Bad apples spoil the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2022 7:39 AM

I can’t wait for the rank and file cops who start to blow the whistle on this crap. They didn’t sing up for this strike. They didn’t sign up to sit by and watch crime fester to prove a point.

They have to live in these communities and work in them and they are dangerous because of the police strike.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2022 8:08 AM

Well look at portland. I wouldnt move there if you paid me.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2022 1:48 PM

Portland is a good example of the police strike on steroids. they don’t do police work anymore.

They now only target citizens who want one kind of change or another. No more neighborhood police work which lowers crime. The police departments stopped doing that and have completely “withdraw” while still taking loads of federal cash and dividing it amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2022 2:58 PM

Has anyone noticed the uptick in crazy, unchecked drivers?

How about every other car having no license plate?

This is a result of the nationwide police strike.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2022 2:40 PM

The cops are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. It is a thankless job and the public behave like ungrateful children. Most of the people in law enforcement are not out to get you, despite what opportunists like BLM want is to believe.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2022 2:50 PM

Where I live cops commit felonies by frequently manufacturing evidence and openly sell schedule 1 drugs in gym locker rooms with impunity. Monkey see, monkey do, folks. And I’m a conservative, btw.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2022 2:52 PM

How do they get huge amounts of government money and then refuse to do any of the work paid for?

Isn’t that illegal?

Don’t they have to sign a contract or something for the money? To provide services?

We need to reform police funding and tie it to performance. What’s wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2022 2:58 PM

Conservatives love to give public services private sector characteristics so we must insist that police departments are funded based on performance.

Isn’t that a perfect solution?

They lost also pay back they money that they didn’t use to fight crime in 2021/2022. They do not get paid for the ongoing strike period.

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2022 3:05 PM

*must

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2022 3:05 PM

R61, what I have seen over the years is two things. Back in the 70's 80's and 90's significant reforms were put in place. They were hard won and the police unions fought them every step of the way. Among these reforms we re hiring practices. Too often we had "legacy" hires where the whole family was in law enforcement, so you get out of high school and you join the force. These practices made it difficult to make local police departments reflect the communities they served. The cops used to function as, and were perceived as an occupying army.

With reforms we were able to integrate the local police departments and begin hiring more men and women. But even more important was that education and training was emphasized. Promotions were no longer just based on seniority but also on abilities. So we had a better educated, better trained police department. We had community policing too. We were getting there. But somehow in the Bush43 years a lot of that fell by the wayside. Now we once again have cops who shoot first. We have cops who are not well educated, and we have a lot of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan who suffer from PTSD.

There is not nearly enough training or support for cops. Their classes on de escalation, for example, or on diversity training are laughable. Cops who police in neighborhoods with large Muslim, Middle Eastern populations, or large Latino populations are often at a loss to understand what's going on, and looking at a Black neighborhood as a monolith, and going in there with a bunch of assumptions makes cops ineffective. In my city we have a large number of Black people who are from the Carribbean. We have Africans. The youth are having trouble assimilating so they join gangs. And then there's meth, and other drugs.

So when people first spoke about "defunding police" it is not literally defunding. It was reallocation of resources. That phrase has been taken and redefined by Republicans to use as a scare tactic. What it originally meant was that we now require men and women who are not equipped, or trained or educated to do it, to function in ways that are way above their pay grade. We need to look at all the aspects of policing and see how we can improve and get better and maybe use some resources to hire different kinds of community supports in situations instead of requiring men and women who are only focused on use of force to maintain order.

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2022 3:11 PM

We have a dangerous number of cops on steroids and even meth. They are dangerous and mentally unstable and violent.

by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

We have a dangerous number of cops on steroids and even meth. They are dangerous and mentally unstable and violent.

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2022 3:18 PM

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2022 3:19 PM

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2022 3:19 PM

Well I don't know how that happened. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2022 3:20 PM

Can somebody tweet this guy and tell him that the LAPD has gone on record saying that they will be “withdrawing” from Police work to punish the BLM protestors?

Why isn’t this bigger news. This guy doesn’t even know that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2022 2:58 PM

I don't disagree that cops are laying back a bit, as a way of protest....but R21 is right. How many times are arrests made, only for the criminals to be released back onto the street by idiot judges? Also, DAs are soft on crime, so not to offend certain demographics. It's a shit show all around that needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2022 3:11 PM

R76 a lot of what cops used to do was police work. It’s about deterrence as much as anything. It’s a system.

The cops walked away and the DAs have NO EVIDENCE to prosecute. Cops are supposed to give them the evidence.

How can you prosecute a crime with no evidence?

Stop repeating deplorable talking points on here. The DAs have to run again. The cops don’t. They do what they want.

by Anonymousreply 77August 25, 2022 12:08 PM

R76 has no idea how the justice system works. Typical low info type that reads something on Facebook and they just repeats it with no original thoughts of their own.

by Anonymousreply 78August 25, 2022 12:09 PM

The cops are on strike.

Please remind Republican scumbags of this while they try to blame democrats.

I need to hear more of this.

by Anonymousreply 79August 25, 2022 1:07 PM

“cops are laying back a bit”

Isn’t this illegal? Don’t they have some duty when they take local, state and federal cash?

If no police work, how do they justify the free money?

by Anonymousreply 80August 25, 2022 1:09 PM

Imagine going to work and instead of doing your JOB, you walk around slapping people and generally just act like a dic. When your boss calls you on it, you whine that you're being unfairly picked on and can't work under these conditions, so you're just going to sit at your desk and collect your paycheck.

That's what the police are doing right now. And we're letting them because the press and politicians have spent decades conditioning us that they are above reproach.

by Anonymousreply 81August 25, 2022 1:20 PM

Oh, and the reason we can't "force" the police to do their jobs is because SCOTUS said we have no right to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 25, 2022 1:22 PM

Why isn’t this a top 3 campaign issue for democrats?

Republicans are getting away with blaming crime on democrats.

How is this happening? Dems need to hot them hard in the police strike. Many Americans sense the strike, as do most all recent victims of crime. They can tell you the cops are on strike.

Why can’t the dems be clear about this? The cops are on record. They are on strike and have said as much.

by Anonymousreply 83August 25, 2022 1:28 PM

The DA thing is a ruse.

I’m not hearing enough opposition to this fake narrative that cops are working hard while the DAs just toss out their cases.

DAs have gone on record saying that they are not getting any evidence from cops. This is because they basically are setting the DAs up to fail on purpose.

They want crime to be high.

by Anonymousreply 84August 25, 2022 1:30 PM

The media is useless on this issue. They have printed countless stories about rising crime and not a peep about the police strike.

Even when you have the LAPD chief on record saying they are “withdrawing”.

They certainly didn’t withdrawal their huge, inflated budgets. What are they doing with all that money?

by Anonymousreply 85August 25, 2022 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!