Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Night House- Anyone see this thriller starring Rebecca Hall?

It is on HBO Max

I had to read a very thorough IMDB user review to understand the entire film..

I truly started to wonder if I am an idiot- because the entire film went over my head. All of it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 2:30 AM

I liked the overall creepiness of the film but there were a lot of things that weren't explained. The ending was weak.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2022 6:52 PM

Evan Jonigkeit shows off his beautiful ass. I had to pause the film to masturbate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2022 6:58 PM

The movie was very well made, but it became really stupid in the last half hour or so.

It's frustrating when watching a thriller that goes off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2022 7:01 PM

I liked it. It was pretty eerie. I liked the ending. It’s a well executed metaphor for depression.

R2 You should watch Archive 81 on Netflix. His creepy ass is in that , too.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Her other new film, Resurrection, is supposed to be super creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2022 7:20 PM

Just watched The Night House a few hours ago, was she hallucinating all those dead bodies, which I assumed were in the late husband's secret house. The husband alluded to "dark thoughts". It's assumed the dead bodies were real and that he murdered several women.

It didn't appear she was imagining bringing his occult books back to the bookstore. She did meet and speak with the dark haired woman the late husband pursued.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 5:56 AM

So much in this film is unclear.

*spoilers*

I was expecting to find out more about that evil force and her husband. It seemed like nothing was really resolved or explained after Beth was saved from the lake. It's not like that evil spirit was banished and Beth was safe. I'm guessing her husband actually killed those women in the secret house.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote]I truly started to wonder if I am an idiot- because the entire film went over my head. All of it.

OP, I haven't seen The Night House but reacted the same as you when I saw Mulholland Drive. I had to read an IMDB article about it to understand what it was about, then when I watched it a second time it made sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 2:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!