Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it embarrassing when gay guys say they wish they were straight?

I understand the importance of being honest, but stuff like this gives homophobic people and movements ammunition against the LGB community

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 14, 2023 12:33 PM

Is the guy on the left straight? He looks like such a douche?

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2022 12:42 PM

He does? He looks like a nice cute guy

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2022 12:45 PM

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2022 12:48 PM

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2022 12:58 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2022 1:01 PM

I wish I had been born straight, I think that my life would have been easier and I wouldn't have major depression right now. I wouldn't take the "straight pill" right now at 56 years old, too much has passed me by and right now it doesn't matter if i'm straight or gay, I have a sexless life and the future seems pretty bleak no matter what. I don't find it embarrassing when gay guys wish they were straight, it's funny when straight guys (usually drunk) say they wish they were gay because you know they would never do it in a million years. It's just that for a certain generation of us, being gay was, for a time a death sentence and I think that lot of psychological damage was done to many gay men during the early AIDS years. Sorry I'm having an extra depressed day today.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2022 1:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2022 1:06 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2022 1:08 PM

R7 I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out to me.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2022 1:11 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2022 1:16 PM

I think a lot of gay guys are also fed up with the gay community and what’s it’s like to date gay men. A lot of people here give bisexual men a lot of grief for preferring long-term relationships with women, but why would they seek a traditional, monogamous lifelong relationship with gay men, who haven’t proven that that is what they value?

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2022 1:18 PM

Why aren’t Democrats creating a narrative about how Republicans don’t support prescription drug pricing reform? They should have commercials running nonstop of diabetics talking about how they struggle to pay for insulin. Republicans must be laughing at how stupid Democrats are

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2022 1:20 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2022 1:21 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2022 1:25 PM

Uh he was joking

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2022 1:28 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2022 1:31 PM

It's cringetastic when gay men do it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2022 1:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2022 1:42 PM

The only reason to wish for being straight is that our society, through the years and even now..condemn it.

Why not wish for homophobia to go away.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2022 1:45 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2022 1:46 PM

Even if homophobia was completely eliminated, gay men would still have plenty of issues that straight men don't.

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2022 1:58 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2022 2:12 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2022 2:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2022 2:24 PM

I don't think it's embarrassing so much as sad and upsetting. That even now some gay men can't accept who they are is heart breaking in a way. But I bet pretty much every gay man feels this way sometimes, or rather wished life was easier for us.

There's so much internalised homophobia, you just have to spend a few minutes here and see how some men elevate 'straight cock' above all else. Deep down they think any straight man is hotter than any gay man, and that's fucking tragic. But at the same that is learned behaviour too and pressure from society to 'man up' 'be a real man' and all that crap.

There are as many ways to be a man as there are men. There are as many ways to be a gay man as there are gay men.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2022 2:36 PM

R23 I didn't say straight men don't have issues, I said gay men have issues that straight men don't.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2022 3:20 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2022 3:28 PM

On the contrary, it hammers home the idea that being gay isn't a choice like conservatives think it is (why would someone choose to be gay if they freely admit they'd rather be straight?)

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2022 3:31 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2022 3:34 PM

R27 I stand corrected by the many thoughtful, intelligent observations you've repeated several times while making the majority of posts in the thread. Kudos to you!

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2022 5:02 PM

It's about as embarrassing as when OP posts "LGB" and outs himself as one of the anti-trans trolls.

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2022 7:20 PM

I've never once met a gay guy who said they wished they were straight. Do you hang out with losers, OP? Or just feel desperate to make up threads every day?

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2022 7:22 PM

1930s homos and bis weren’t self loathing, especially if they were upper middle and European. This is whole thing reeks of American suburban angst. Only the American middle class would have this type of neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2022 8:03 PM

R32, even on DL, a huge percentage of gay men say they wish they were straight. Are you so stupid to deny reality? You think suicide rates and substance abuse problems among gay men are myths too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2022 2:48 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2022 3:45 AM

R11 This is wrong. Studies show gay and lesbians are statistically happier in relationships than straight people. Studies also show gay men have the lowest rates of domestic violence, below even lesbians, in relationships.

Someone also mentioned a sexless life as a gay man. Go talk to a 50-something year old married straight guy and ask him the last time he’s had sex.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2022 3:55 AM

R21 “Even if homophobia was completely eliminated, gay men would still have plenty of issues that straight men don't.”

Like what?

Straight men are among the highest rates of suicide post-divorce. Not that I’m aware of the statistics but I would assume gay youth is among the highest suicide rate among gay men whereas I know straight men commit suicide in their 40’s and 50’s at higher rates and post-divorce is an example because a lot of straight men lose everything in a divorce, from their kids to their house, and have to start over.

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2022 4:02 AM

r36 that study clearly is talking about the gays lucky enough to in relationships.

Many of us are fed up with the gay community at times because it left us high and dry and all alone. I did what needed to be done and left my small midwest town for a big city. I've gone to the gym and made sure to remain acceptably stylish, but not overdone or loud. I stay engaged in the conversations, kind, and not pushy with dates. Yet, I'm in my early 30s and as single as I was when closeted in high school, watching my straight friends Facebook pages filed with romantic relationships. I thought and dreamed that it would be different but the gay community is as romantically shut off as my old high school was back in the 2000s.

I know damn well that if I was straight, I wouldn't be sitting in my bed alone. I'd probably have a child or two, certainly a wife, and something more to fill my days with beyond work, friends, first dates, and my next solo vacation. It's fucking bleak and I'm only in my 30s!

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2022 4:09 AM

R25 I’ve never had those feelings. I’ve never wished I was a straight man. I’ve never envied any straight man ever. If anything, I thought my life would be better had I been born a woman so I could have access to more men but never ever as a straight man.

I have never met a straight man I thought had a good life I wanted. I have never met a model straight man with a wife and kids who I didn’t feel like was living under obligation and sexual oppression.

And if you think gay men are only sex obsessed, go talk to women and see what they say about that.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2022 4:13 AM

R38 Yeah and how happy would be with a wife and kids? I’d rather be a filthy dirty whore getting fucked in alley ways in leather than fighting for fucking pampers with some crazy bitch, I’ll tell you that right now.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2022 4:15 AM

R38 And your straight friends are fake! Phonies! That’s all I’ve learned about exploiting relationships online, it’s all smoke and mirrors.

Shannon Watts and Gabby Petito looked like they were in perfect relationships too!

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote]R34: even on DL, a huge percentage of gay men say they wish they were straight.

A meaningless statement, OP /R2 /R4 /R11 /R12 /R15 R34, since DL is overrun with far right trolls with hundreds of sock accounts.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2022 4:59 AM

Most of the ugly fat nellies that gather here and not unlike the frau are always viciously hissing at anything more attractive than them... so, they've bought hook, line and sinker that they must mirror the frau in every way as to not appear a threat to her with shrill shrieks of "yyaaaaasssss queeen!" and "you go girlfriend" lest they be deemed toxic - a phrasing intended to get at their psychological core with the undercurrents of the 80s aids crisis at play and backlash from political lesbians of the 60s and 70s, whom they solely blame for their exile from the mainstream feminims and lgbt movement. so, like thick tongued retards, they hith 'we're in thith together' and condemn all masculine traits as "str8" or "str8 acting" and reeeeeeeeee of internalized homophobia because just like the str8 dude, a masc gay dude doesn't want their tired, worn out, stale ass either. But oh the Pride of being TRANSgressive and forever a bitch to the FemDoms that have tangle them up in their apron strings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2022 5:24 AM

[QUOTE]I’ve never wished I was a straight man. I’ve never envied any straight man ever. If anything, I thought my life would be better had I been born a woman so I could have access to more men but never ever as a straight man

So R25 - you *do* actually wish you were straight - a straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2022 7:42 AM

I never wished I was straight, I love men too much.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2022 7:46 AM

Just identify as straight silly. Or a girl.

It's that easy!

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2022 7:49 AM

I knew a guy who was very screwed up about his sexuality. Always going to straight bars and football trying to fit in with straight guys. He had a thing for getting straight guys drunk and seeing how far he could get with them. Sometimes the alcohol lowered their inhibitions enough to allow him to suck them off. He viewed that as a major victory. I thought he was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2022 7:57 AM

OP, It’s THIS kind of wokeism that’s tearing apart the fabric of civilization.

What happened to “Live and let live” where people felt free to express themselves without condemnation? I’ve met plenty of men that expressed this and I myself in certain parts of my life questioned if I’d be better off straight. Also, not all of us grew up in liberal environments. My small hometown on the Boston Harbor was extremely homophobic. In the 80’s I had a horrible car accident and as a fledgling gay, my family’s lawyer gave me sound advice. “You need to get the hell out of this town”.

Incredibly, in his 80’s he’s still practicing law and I got to thank him 30 years later when he drafted a trust for my mom. I’m thinking he was closeted with a wife as well and saw something in me I didn’t at the time. If I stayed and tried to be straight, I would’ve been miserable, warped and broken.

Everyone has a compelling story to live and tell- but not everyone gets to come out the other side and be the person they truly want to be. At 52 and having spent 20 years in NYC, I’m happy to be gay, sober, and happily married to another man, but along with the fabulosity-

there was a LOT of gay life that was very lonely, limited my career potential when compared to straights, and circumstances that weren’t especially great to experience.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2022 8:11 AM

I'm happy being my gay self for 58+ years, currently single but mingle, a loving supportive family, close friendships, have-your-back coworkers, involvement in the community making things better, that's all it takes, being a civilized human being until otherwise provoked, then the claws come out. We're all a work in progress. Just live your life and be happy. :-)

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2022 8:33 AM

I don't think he was being sincere.

The guy on the right is a TikToker who uses one of those talk-to-a-random-stranger website/apps like Chatroulette and posts the interactions on TikTok.

He sometimes says things to steer the convo to spice things up. I don't think he really wishes he was straight. I think he was just playing with the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2022 9:07 AM

R44 As a kid / teen I thought life would have been better for me had I been BORN a woman.

As an adult, I do not want to be a straight woman. I think gay men are happier than straight women.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2022 9:32 AM

No, its just sad and kinda tragic, like what R25 said

I never for a moment wished I was straight, even in the tough times, and I've had those for sure. But I've also had a shitload of fun, 100% gay here too like what R5 says

And yes, I've encountered some homophobia but I tended to confront it, usually with blunt, crude humour. Frankly I suspect I was just too dumb to stay in the closet cos I couldnt of kept the necessary lies in order, if you're a simple man it always turns out easiest to just be honest, that way I dont have to think up no bullshit and then have to remember what bullshit I done told later so I dont go telling some different bullshit and get caught out. Nah, its just easier to tell it like it is and if somebody dont like it fuck em

R21 I can assure you straight guys got a fuckin shitload of issues! More than a lot of gay men if you ask me. I got straight friends and some of the bullshit they go through with their womens is just plain awful, I'd get to hear all about it times we'd get liquored up together.

No fuckin way would I ever want to be straight. Wouldnt of saved me any trouble or heartache, just woulda have a different load of it is all

Never had the slightest desire to be a woman either. Christ alone what sort of woman I'd turn out to be, probably a rough as guts beer drinkin Harley riding diesel dyke anyway

R50 That guy is cute, Id' like a random convo with him, but a random fuck would be even nicer

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2022 1:56 PM

I don’t know for sure if this guy is sincere, but he constantly on the video chat flirting with straight-identified guys, often to roaring success. He has talked about being sad that he can’t find a hot guy he is attracted to to have a relationship with. He Clearly strongly prefers straight identified or mostly straight dudes.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2022 6:48 PM

He loves to flirt with nongay dudes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 28, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]Is it embarrassing when gay guys say they wish they were straight?

No, because it highlights and reminds people that:

- the ongoing pressure on gay people to be straight

- the pressure to be straight creates self-loathing, depression, and long-term emotional problems for gay people

- being gay is not a choice. If it were, people who wish they were straight would be.

by Anonymousreply 55April 28, 2022 1:55 PM

I am so tired of gay people beating up other gay people for dealing with their life as best as they could.

Yes, I am an Eldergay who blossomed in the 60's. It was a glorious time of personal freedom and open sexuality. However, by the time I was 27 I could 'read the room' and I realized I couldn't go where I wanted with a 'gay' aura. I joined the Army and became an officer. This is before 'don't ask, don't tell' so I lived an abstinent lifestyle.

I retired from the Army and joined the State Department and travelled the world in the Ambassadorial circles. No out gays around there in the 90's. But, I was living the life I always dreamed.

Wish I didn't have to lie and could be myself, but that was not allowed, legal or employable when I was a destitute and homeless gay 40 years ago. Hopefully, people have it easier today, but I don't feel embarrassed for leading a fantastic life, albeit solo.

by Anonymousreply 56April 28, 2022 2:07 PM

The closet kills

by Anonymousreply 57April 28, 2022 2:13 PM

No one is beating up, but I think it’s a legitimate question of discussion. I think the same could be asked of other oppressed groups? Do black people wish they were white? Do women wish they were men? Do short men wish they were tall? I think the dialogue is constructive

by Anonymousreply 58April 28, 2022 2:14 PM

Hot dudes like him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2022 8:55 AM

[quote]Do black people wish they were white?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2022 10:01 AM

Depends upon the black person

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2022 11:19 AM

Sure, r61.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2022 11:38 AM

15-30 never, too much fun. Say out loud, no, but after 30 seeing kids with their dads even horsing around can sting. I had, still do just appreciate it more with age, a dad that checked all the good childhood boxes, wish I could pass on those moments sometimes. That’s life though.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2022 11:52 AM

R6- Why is your life sexless? I’m 56 years old too and I have still have sex. Sometime I wish I were straight mainly because I wish I had a kid or two.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2022 12:40 PM

[quote] Sometime I wish I were straight mainly because I wish I had a kid or two.

Bingo! And someone to help me in my old age, so I don't die alone poor, homeless and sick.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2022 4:06 PM

[quote]Sometime I wish I were straight mainly because I wish I had a kid or two.

You don't need to be straight to accomplish this.

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2022 5:36 PM

Embarrassing? No. Pathetic or sad yes. Internalized homophobia and self loathing is sad- not embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2022 7:36 PM

r66 not whoever you're responding to (is it too much to use r-numbers?) but it's definitely easier (and often cheaper) if you're straight.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2022 7:40 PM

[quote]And someone to help me in my old age, so I don't die alone poor, homeless and sick.

R65 that happens to plenty of straight folk with kids

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2022 8:50 PM

It's an aberration when it happens to someone who has kids, R69.

by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2022 8:52 PM

[quote][R66] not whoever you're responding to (is it too much to use r-numbers?) but it's definitely easier (and often cheaper) if you're straight.

With regards to impregnating, for a gay male, it is more difficult, yes. The actual method used to accomplish this can vary, however. So, it's not necessarily more expensive than if one is straight, by default. Besides, after the kid is born, gay or straight, the father is going to take a significant hit to his pockets, regardless, especially if the mother files for child support which, let's face it, is more likely to happen to a straight man, since a gay man would likely be in pre-planned co-parenting arrangement/agreement that wouldn't necessitate "surprise" payroll garnishments.

by Anonymousreply 71April 29, 2022 9:07 PM

^ Also, a gay man has the advantage of actually thinking through the decision and preparing himself for fatherhood more prudently than a straight guy who gets himself caught up in an unplanned mess from a spontaneous, alcohol-fueled, hook-up with some woman he met at the club while doing shots at the bar with his homeboys.

by Anonymousreply 72April 29, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote]Do black people wish they were white?

I don't remember who, R58, but a famous American black person once told a story about how they sat in a tub of bleach as a child in hopes to turn white.

by Anonymousreply 73April 30, 2022 10:51 AM

Precisely. As a Black person, I can tell you a significant percentage of black people would become white if they could. And not just Clarence Thomas. An easier life is something many or most would choose

by Anonymousreply 74April 30, 2022 11:43 AM

Relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 30, 2022 11:43 AM

Wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 30, 2022 7:38 PM

r71 that was a lot of words to basically agree with everything I said.

by Anonymousreply 77April 30, 2022 7:48 PM

r74 I wish they could, because many (not all) would then see it's not the color of their skin that has made their life harder, it's them.

by Anonymousreply 78April 30, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote]Precisely. As a Black person, I can tell you a significant percentage of black people would become white if they could.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this. Maybe a select few, but significant number? No. Most of us have no problems with being Black. It's other people with the problem.

And...fuck them. That's something they have to deal with. Not I.

by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2022 8:26 PM

The problem is, when you look for straight validation, you are bound to sabotage your gay (dating) life.

If you don't give a fuck about what other people think or say about you, you have a greater chance at a genuinely happy life.

by Anonymousreply 80April 30, 2022 8:46 PM

Great post R48. As someone who finds himself easily embarrassed for others, I only feel sympathy when I hear such comments. Many wish they were born something else. Each person's story and family experience is different.

Most imply they think their lives would have been easier. That doesn't imply they're all self loathing, or not accepting of themselves. I think at one time or another, especially as young adolescents or children, many of us felt similarly, whether we articulated it or not.

by Anonymousreply 81April 30, 2022 8:57 PM

Why do you think whitening cream is so globally successful? Do you think it’s because people are happy in their own literal scan?

by Anonymousreply 82April 30, 2022 9:18 PM

Why do you think “straight acting” Is considered a huge explicitly sought attribute on male dating apps, whereas even identifying as “gay” will mean a significant percentage of men will not be interested in you?

by Anonymousreply 83April 30, 2022 9:21 PM

Question

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 4, 2022 12:08 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 85June 4, 2022 3:57 PM

Bro love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2022 2:00 PM

Trump supporter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2022 1:41 AM

Aaron Rodgers has a podcast? The guy at OP is AR, no?

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2022 1:52 AM

I reallllly hope R50 is correct and he's not being sincere with these mopey discussions, otherwise I have nothing but pity for him. He needs to realize that he's doing nothing but chasing rainbows (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2022 2:07 AM

A lot of straight dudes are openly attracted to him. That’s a gay dream come true

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2022 2:13 AM

So where's his 'straight dude' boyfriend, then?

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2022 2:14 AM

He meets guys

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2022 2:15 AM

That's not an answer to my question.

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2022 2:16 AM

Perhaps Part of his depression over being gay is that the hot masculine dudes he likes don’t want a longterm committed relationship with a male

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2022 10:45 AM

I'm not a fag and I have a dame to prove it!

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2022 12:05 PM

Straight men may be hot, but they are also boring, weak and have no culture. They depend on their wives for almost everything (outside finances) and then their wives resent them and withhold sex and talk shit behind their backs. It’s depressing as fuck. Think about your parents for chrissake. Did that seem like a fun relationship for most of us? Did our straight fathers seem thrilled with their lives?

And then as straight men age and their kids move out and their wives all have girlfriends to emotionally connect with, they become very isolated and depressed. And their wives still resent them. And usually sleep in another room.

Not to mention the huge chip the white straight men now have on their shoulders because they think they are being targeted by women and minorities. So add in that simmering rage and defensiveness into the pot. Who wants that?

All the shit they post on social media is fake nonsense. Most people are struggling emotionally and have fucked up marriages or trouble with their children. That’s reality.

I would rather be a gay man any day of the week. Period end of story.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2022 12:24 PM

OP- It’s even MORE embarrassing 🙈 when EFFEMINATE guys think they’re MASCULINE.

by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2022 12:30 PM

R96, I’m not looking for “culture.” I like hot athletic masculine guys. I don’t have “culture” as you define it, don’t seek it in dudes either

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2022 7:37 PM

Admirer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2022 7:39 PM

Terri Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2022 8:12 PM

Just roll your eyes and move on.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote]Perhaps Part of his depression over being gay is that the hot masculine dudes he likes don’t want a longterm committed relationship with a male

Then he can continue being depressed. No sympathy here. That goes for any DLer in his position as well.

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2022 8:55 PM

what am miserable person

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2022 8:57 PM

But he's LIVING THE DREAM! Str8 guys chat with him through a screen!

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2022 8:58 PM

The irony is a straight guy kills him. Which will probably happen.

by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2022 9:00 PM

Don’t say that man

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote]Is it embarrassing when gay guys say they wish they were straight?

No more embarrassing than gay guys worshiping straight men instead of their own.

by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2022 9:25 PM

That’s a byproduct of a depressing lack of conventionally masculine gay men.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2022 9:38 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2022 9:39 PM

OP is a right-wing troll (notice he said LGB and not LGBT which is the standard term everyone uses)

He also posted in this thread that bisexual men should date women because gay men can't do monogamy!

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote]That kid is bisexual, because he has emotional attraction to women, which means he'll never have a successful relationship with a man, because being homosexual is about SEXUAL and EMOTIONAL attraction to other men.

He's probably capable of emotional attraction to both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2022 9:58 PM

Aren’t most?

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2022 10:19 PM

Exactly, r12, but apparently r10 thinks otherwise..

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2022 10:27 PM

Twins

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 2, 2022 11:23 AM

Pretty ass dude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 2, 2022 11:55 AM

Holding hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 15, 2022 3:47 AM

I think it's somewhat 'easier' to be straight given how society is set up but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade being who I am.

It's like in that movie where one gu asks another if he'd take a 'straight pill' and the guy responds: "Ug. I don't even like aspirin."

I believe Together Alone was the name of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 117July 15, 2022 3:56 AM

Somewhat easier? See 70 countries that imprison gay people, six that execute them.

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2022 3:59 AM

We'll take a penny and throw it in the fountain and maybe it will come true.

by Anonymousreply 119July 15, 2022 4:02 AM

R118, good point. I was thinking the lovely USA we're living in.

No, despite strides I think there are a zillion closeted gay guys getting married and having kids.

I thought about it myself.

But something huge kept stopping me.

by Anonymousreply 120July 15, 2022 4:07 AM

Sleepover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2022 12:07 PM

Model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2022 7:39 AM

I’ll try to explain this without sounding jaded or bitter. I’ve had intimate relationships with both straight, gay and bisexual identifying men…

Speaking as a 53 year old man who got hard easily, is attracted to ALL beauty that is man, and was reasonably attractive myself-

YOUTH FADES, darlings! The supple, baby fat collagen in those cheeks, chiseled jaw, ethereal shimmer of dewy skin, and that lean taut body withers with time. Enjoy and maximize your youth. If it makes anyone feel better, only plain people age well- handsome or quirky looks don’t age well at all.

Stop posturing about your political stance, or getting upset because others rebuff your labels- we are all but building sandcastles in the the shifting, fickle tides of time. No one will care or remember 20 years from now, and looking back you risk LOOKING RIDICULOUS, so don’t post too much, dear.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE.. Have sex with those that want sex from you. MOVE ON if they don’t and it’s OK! You’re just wasting time pining and whining when there’s more fun to be had out there. Hint- he’s not thinking of you anymore when he’s sucking someone else’s dick. NOT AT ALL.

MANAGE STRESS- If you want to live a ripe old age, Curb excessive drinking, get sober from drugs by 40, and meditate, or even better, learn how to unpack and resolve resentment, fear and anger you’ve been carrying awhile.

You WILL GET FAT. More importantly, stay healthy, don’t overdo dieting, and ACCEPT that you will never be have that 28 inch waist again.

VOTE. Larry Kramer said ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that needed to be said, twice! Just stay informed, read one of his books, and vote, goddamit..

PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE. If you want to find true love. Lower your standards a bit, stop dating younger than yourself, and be open to meeting someone differently than you normally do. I’d warn you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince. But you can learn a lot from sucking off a few good looking toads!

Finally, FIND A WAY TO LOVE YOURSELF without being OBSESSED ABOUT YOURSELF or COMPLETELY SELF ABSORBED. This is a delicate balancing act, but totally doable. No one will love you the way you want until you do (unless you are obscenely wealthy, and that’s just sad.)

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2022 9:23 AM

R123 all great advice, bar the bit about "you WILL GET FAT" - thats not a given, and I still got a 28-29 inch waist. Its perfectly doable if you have a bit of restraint with portions, curb excessive drinking (as per your other advice) and do a reasonable amount of exercise

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2022 5:18 PM

Many dudes at my gym are in their 50s, 60s, even 70s, and they are buff and not fat. They go the gym, lift heavy And don’t buy the lie you have to get fat and nonmuscled as you age

by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2022 6:41 PM

DSLs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2022 4:48 AM

I always bristled at interviews where the guy said, "I prayed to God every day to make this... this thing go away". Why don't you go away, Mary?

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2022 5:08 AM

“ Perhaps Part of his depression over being gay is that the hot masculine dudes he likes don’t want a longterm committed relationship with a male.”

Damn, as a mid 30s homo in NYC, I can definitely relate to this….. 😏

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2022 5:41 AM

In my younger years, there were a lot of attractive, smart women who were attracted to me. I didn't get the same kind of attention from gay men. So, back then, I probably would have preferred to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2022 5:48 AM

“ Perhaps Part of his depression over being gay is that the hot masculine dudes he likes don’t want a longterm committed relationship with a male.”

This

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2022 3:07 PM

Damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2022 5:09 AM

He is a straight or mostly straight bro magnet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 2, 2022 1:03 PM

OP the lesbian community have the opposite problem. Every other straight or bi/Kinsey 1-4 girl is like, “wish I was 100% lesbian!! My life would be so much easier if I could just date my galpals!!! Women are pretty uwu!!! Men suck, they’re gross and mean and inconsiderate sometimes, wish I could wake up one day not wanting to pursue them for sex and companionship!!!!”

And it’s not even entirely their fault. Straight men can truly be so unrepentantly awful that they drive their women to think like this and have these emotions. But it damages the public understanding and image of what a lesbian really is.

by Anonymousreply 133September 2, 2022 1:36 PM

No, why?

by Anonymousreply 134September 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Most straight men are pretty boring. They don’t care about anything except pussy and money and status, in that order. They’d betray their best friends in a New York minute. Even if they marry, they don’t care about cheating on their wives. It’s all about them, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 135September 2, 2022 1:46 PM

I like dudes you consider “boring.” I don’t like high maintenance or dramatic dudes. Sports, gym, hiking, action movies, video games are enough for me to stay busy

by Anonymousreply 136September 2, 2022 1:55 PM

pathetic and embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 137September 2, 2022 1:55 PM

it's just a way, IMHO, of saying I wish life were easier.

who knows?

the grass is always greener.

after seeing male family members and buddies marry demanding shrews, I can't say I wish I were straight.

I would like to meet a nice hot guy who's kind and has a nice chest I can lay my head on while we watch TV.

by Anonymousreply 138September 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Most people would choose an easier life and acceptance

by Anonymousreply 139September 2, 2022 3:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 140September 2, 2022 3:22 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 141September 2, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote]Most people would choose an easier life and acceptance

most are happy the way they are, troll

by Anonymousreply 142September 2, 2022 3:25 PM

I dunno if statistics and research support your claim r142

by Anonymousreply 143September 2, 2022 3:26 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 144September 2, 2022 3:30 PM

Well Duh. If you take out social factors and antigay reality, you have another reality and world. I’m talking about reality

by Anonymousreply 145September 2, 2022 3:33 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 146September 2, 2022 3:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 147September 2, 2022 3:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 148September 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 4, 2022 7:29 PM

Agree r145. Ignore the delusional Dark Minge Lord.

by Anonymousreply 150September 4, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote] Most straight men are pretty boring. They don’t care about anything except pussy and money and status, in that order.

DLers really need to start hanging out with men. Your idea of what men do and like is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 151September 18, 2022 4:24 AM

Boyfriend application

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 27, 2022 11:53 PM

Fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2022 1:32 PM

Don’t talk too much

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 3, 2022 12:15 PM

R21/R22 Boys, Boys, you’re *both* awful.

by Anonymousreply 155December 3, 2022 12:21 PM

just because some of us are saying that it appears straights have it easier doesn't mean we agree or that we like it.

My god, what about all those movies where the gay character ends up dead or alone or unhappy?

There are happy gays and happy straights; you play the cards you were dealt and you try to make it work.

by Anonymousreply 156December 4, 2022 3:33 PM

Questions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 14, 2023 12:03 PM

R136- You sound SO BUTCH

by Anonymousreply 158February 14, 2023 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!