Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is the Weakest Link real?

I just binged the first episodes of the new season 2. Some of these people on the show are ridiculous. What’s also shocking is some of the results.

-SPOILERS-

What really got me was the dumb rave boy getting to the final 2. WHAT? Then there was the black guy who eliminated a woman because he doesn’t like bees when the other woman was worse. Also, this woman Elyssa had a thing for one of the other contestants, Will, and he returned the attraction. She went on about how handsome he is, but he wasn’t even that attractive! In another episode there’s this Latino gay guy who attacks a stay at home mother for not having a job (he was great at the game tho). He clearly had some sort of alliance with the dumb guy across from him who seemed enamored with him and they took each other to final 2.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2022 11:38 AM

I miss Anne Robinson

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2022 2:14 PM

A close friend (and my former college ptofessor) was on "The Weakest Link" (as well as "Wheel of Fortune", & " Jeopardy!", to varying degrees of success). He's bright & great with trivia of all sorts. He made it until there were a total of three or four contestants left, & they voted him off, because they perceived him as a threat.

And as for the other two appearances: he made it to final Jeopardy, but didn't win, but did win his episode of "Wheel". He won money, & a trip to the Caribbean.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2022 3:08 PM

You AHH the weakest link!

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2022 3:50 PM

I just can't with this show. I have watched several episodes and they continue to recruit the dumbest, alternative contestants. I'm certain it's to guarantee that they never reach the million-dollar prize. I feel like the Anne Robinson version had a more intelligent contestant pool and higher prize values.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 12:22 AM

I’ve noticed that this season they have quite a few transgender or nonbinary-type contestants.

Anne Robinson was gold. It’s taken me a while to warm to Jane Lynch, but I find her okay as a host now. She seems to have found the approach that works best. Fun show.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 12:32 AM

Without Anne Robinson it's just yet another tedious game show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 12:34 AM

No.

It's a lie

A fantasy we create about Anne Robinson and game show stages

As we like them to be.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 12:41 AM

Anne Robinson has a ginger bush!

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2022 11:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!