Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cher's Career 1989-1998

She really fell off for Believe to be regarded as huge comeback after just nine years.

Funnier when you consider the If I Could Turn Back Time was regarded as huge music comeback for her at the time.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 2:14 PM

OP = Madonna

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2022 1:24 PM

I don't know her

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2022 1:24 PM

She's never been a huge album seller, Believe is her biggest selling album, she never even had a #1 album her entire career

After the success of the Believe single and album she fell off again, which is understandable as she was in her 50s but she had some big "Farewell Tours" in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2022 1:25 PM

She chose to follow up Believe with that notdotcommerical album.

I wonder how much longer she could've hung around if she instead copying whatever Kylie Minogue was doing instead.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2022 1:27 PM

R1 Madonna literally has 4 times the commercial and even criticall success that Cher has had in music

I mean Cher never had a #1 album in the US, Madonna has 9 of them

Madonna has more #1 albums and singles worldwide than any female artist in history

Cher's success has always been occasion success

She's still an icon though

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2022 1:28 PM

Maybe she knows not to overstay her welcome....

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2022 1:40 PM

R6 she's still around, despite retiring 20 years ago!

She's working on another album I heard

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2022 1:44 PM

She squandered one of the best comebacks in modern history by almost immediately jumping into infomercials with some hideously fat woman.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2022 1:49 PM

"I've been "in" and "out" so many times I feel like a revolving door"

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2022 1:52 PM

At least she's not putting pictures of her ass online, R7.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2022 2:00 PM

R10 funny you say that, she put a picture of her ass on her last 2013 album cover

Cher already did it, but didn't get the media overreaction that Madonna gets by just existing....

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2022 2:02 PM

Did her ass look like a duffel bag full of hammers?

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2022 2:03 PM

R12 I don't remember, I'm sure she airbrushed it to he way she wanted it

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Well then she's smarter than Madge.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2022 2:07 PM

"At least she's not putting pictures of her ass online"

Oh, yeah, but I looked damn good doing it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2022 2:07 PM

R14 or Madge doesn't care and WANTS people to freak out No fucks given

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2022 2:18 PM

[R8] I never even knew Cher had done an infomercial.

It's so strange to see her sitting in a chair usually kept warm by the likes of Linda Dano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 2:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!