Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hell in a handbasket, folks

Hell in a handbasket.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2022 8:10 PM

a basket of deplorables?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2022 7:16 PM

OP setting a trend for minimalist thesis of the year.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2022 7:52 PM

There better be some high end hand cream in that hand basket.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2022 8:05 PM

Told you.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2022 1:07 PM

Helena Handbasket would make a great drag name, or apparently a name for a video game character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2022 2:19 PM

Helena Handbasket was a name for one of DL's most infamous trolls, an alias for the equally infamous Daniel Bexton.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2022 2:29 PM

Do you still doubt me?

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 3:13 PM

In 1704 Sir Isaac Newton predicted the world might end in 2060.

Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 3:18 PM

I want little flowers on my hand basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 3:27 PM

This is the only Helena Handbasket that matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 3:33 PM

Hell in a Handbasket

When you say things are going to ‘Hell In A Handbasket’ you mean that a situation is rapidly deteriorating or that you are set firmly on a course for disaster.

Example of use: “How’s it going, Op?” Answer: “Hell in a handbasket, folks.”

Interesting fact about Hell in a Handbasket

The origin of the phrase ‘hell in a handbasket’ can be found in the practice of capturing the heads of guillotine victims in a basket, with the presumption being that these criminals would be going straight to hell for their crimes. Although the phrase is thought to have originated sometime during the 18th century, the first printed example is found in Winslow Ayer’s book on the American Civil War, The Great North-Western Conspiracy. A reprint was published in 1867’s House Documents in the U.S. Congress...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 4:00 PM

Hell in a Handbag!

Fabulously camp Chicago theater group - which is where I saw "Christmas Dearest" - a fabulous merging of Mommie Dearest and A Christmas Carol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 4:11 PM

Do you doubt me NOW?

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 3:08 PM

☠️

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2022 7:48 PM

R12 beat me to it. Don't forget their brilliant musical version of The Poseidon Adventure -Poseidon, An Upside Down Musical!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2022 8:07 PM

just the tip!

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2022 8:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!