Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wayfair

Do you shop from Wayfair?? I am wondering if their stuff is quality or cheap particle board crap? I see their ads on TV with the Kelly Clarkson house and they even sell appliances.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 5:09 PM

It's overpriced. Bought a bathroom vanity from them only because I needed it quick because HD and Lowe's didn't have what I needed. Look for online coupons if you plan on buying from them. I'm actually finding myself going small, local businesses. The prices are sometimes even lower and you can negotiate.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2022 4:40 PM

As far as quality, no, it's pretty much what you'd find everywhere else. It's no different than shopping at similar type places.

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Boooooooooring website and the prices are expensive.

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Wayfair isn't a manufacturer. It's a congregator like Amazon. Most stuff is made in China and quality is hit-or-miss.

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2022 4:48 PM

Got a few nice pieces from there but you have to do your research. A lot of it is crap!

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Got a wonderful chenille sofa on there about three years ago. It's still very comfy and sturdy. As stated above, do a ton of research and pay attention to the dimensions. I've heard good and bad stories though.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2022 5:11 PM

Cheap shit and you have to put it together. Nahhhh

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2022 5:16 PM

They sell children to baby sacrificing liberals! Deep State!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2022 5:56 PM

Had a minor issue with them recently that was resolved.

They sent me a "Sorry" email afterwards with a 10% off coupon.

I don't consider anything less than 20% off and free shipping a sincere and proper apology.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2022 6:25 PM

10% off is an insult, not an apology.

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2022 6:53 PM

It does have the widest selection and best prices. Though the required construction efforts are a reason for a huge discount I’ve realized. But still use Wayfair a lot - I refuse to pay a ton of money for furniture as it gets dated or I get tired of it or I move often. I’ve used Kaiyo - good, cleaned used furniture - but realize they are overpriced too.

Any other suggestions for decent cheap furniture?

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2022 8:58 PM

It’s overpriced crap. Caveat emptor. Find a good local furniture maker that employs local people.

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2022 9:20 PM

Why would you order a sofa you couldn’t sit on and see what it feels like?

Wayfair is garbage. My SIL has ordered disposable trendy furniture from Wayfair. It’s cheap shit that looks good for a year and then starts chipping and getting wobbly.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2022 9:27 PM

Sounds like they sell frauniture.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2022 9:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote] Any other suggestions for decent cheap furniture?

Try Craigslist. They still have quite a bit of furniture listed. Plus, you can go look at it and you can probably bargain with someone, esp. someone who's moving.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2022 9:40 PM

Woke. In hock to China.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2022 10:44 PM

Kelly's latest ad makes shopping on Wayfair look like great fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 6:38 PM

I bought a small solid wood coffee table from them...the finish looked like kindergarteners did it. They sent me a new one, didn't have to send the other back.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 7:07 PM

I ordered a TV stand and they sent a buffet! It was gorgeous but I don't need a buffet. They told me to keep it and they'd "resend" the TV stand. I gave away the buffet and kept the TV stand when it arrived. It's beautiful.

A friend ordered a lazy susan for a cabinet and they sent one much larger than she ordered. They told her to keep it and sent her the correct one the following week!

Furniture must be marked up so high that's it's cheaper for them to write off mistakes than coordinate shipping it back to them.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 7:09 PM

Got a coffee table from them. It should have been half the price.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 7:11 PM

R9, lol, most companies give you nothing just for complaining. You should be glad for the 10% off

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 7:16 PM

They sell a lot of different stuff. Some is good, some is bad. I bought some bath mats, towels, and curtains from Wayfair and liked them all

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 7:18 PM

Wayfair does not have a M-A-N-A-G-E-R, R9?

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2022 7:18 PM

I refuse to go to a website that needs my email before I can look at anything in that site.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2022 7:51 PM

Some of their stuff looks nice though I would probably buy a bed and couch from elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2022 7:52 PM

Can I ask them to ship me a size I didn't order? I like free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2022 7:58 PM

I opened this thread and the Kelly Clarkson commercial came on.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2022 8:01 PM

My SIL has ordered from them. Flimsy garbage that costs too much for what it is. Very frau.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2022 8:04 PM

I made the mistake of buying a couch from them in 2020 during the height of the pandemic.

It’s falling apart-legs have fallen off, loose threads everywhere, Fraying fabric. It wasn’t top of the line but it certainly wasn’t a return or a $199 clearance piece or something, and it looks 10 years old now. I’m looking for it’s replacement.

This was the first and last time I will purchase a large piece of furniture online.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2022 8:05 PM

OP, they've got just what you need!

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2022 8:08 PM

What are some good furniture stores to go to?

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2022 10:01 PM

Is the stuff from Wayfair better than IKEA or are they about the same?

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 12:51 AM

R32, Mitchell Gold has good furniture (or used to, anyway). Crate and Barrel, too. Decent quality.

I had an IKEA sofa that was practically indestructible, but that was 20 years ago. I had it for a good five years before it showed a sign of wear. Kept it for another two. (They also used to have really good wool rugs at excellent prices, but no more )

It occurs to me that we haven’t bought new furniture in about 20 years because we keep inheriting excellent quality stuff. There’s no reason to buy new. Sorry for the humblebrag.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 1:10 AM

I ordered a desk from Wayfair and received a hanging hammock chair instead. Called customer care and was told to keep the chair since the cost to ship it back would cost more than the chair. Never got the desk because it was forever on back order so I canceled.

I ordered a convertible armchair/sleeper for my office and was pretty satisfied with the quality. So I ordered another one for my mom, and what was delivered was of cheaper quality, poorly made, and had different stitching. Seems they pulled the old switcheroo. So, you never really know what you'll get.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 1:11 AM

I'm sick of bad couches. I spend most if my time at home sitting there, and they last less than ten years. My last one from Crate and Barrell squeaked from day one. So, off the Ethan Allen I went and this sofa will last the rest of my life.

How can a person order a sofa (or mattress for that matter) without trying it out first? Places like Wayfair (and the late Pier One) sells the most UNCOMFORTABLE furniture on earth.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote] Mitchell Gold has good furniture (or used to, anyway).

R34, what do you do for a living? Mitchell Gold have couches for $13,000! JFC!

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 3:11 PM

Wayfair is just a conglomerater of merchandise from other sites/wholesalers. It's not a brand, per se, that you can expect a specific level of quality from. So, it's hit or miss in terms of quality. To keep costs low. most of its stuff is made in China with questionable quality.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 2:25 PM

Okay, that makes sense because I was seeing the same exact things from Overstock.com and other sites. I thought Wayfair was like a slightly more upscale IKEA.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 2:32 PM

R37 I'm not R34, but I have a MG sofa, and they used to be very reasonably priced, even for leather. The leather camelback sofa in Ross's flat from the series [italic] Friends [/italic] was from MG for Crate & Barrel. I have the same frame in fabric.

Before MG added the +Bob Williams, they made a lot of upholstery for Crate & Barrel's furniture collection. It's surprising to hear that price really, but I purchased mine back in 2004 or 2005. The retail was under $3k, , and there was a huge sale at the time. It may have been originally $2200, or 2300.

Certainly not the best quality, yet it survives to this day with a third set of slipcovers,and new cushions. Much better than Wayfair; I should think.

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 3:13 PM

The furniture brand I work for sells on Wayfair, but not under our own name. Wayfair white labels/renames 99% of their merchandise to make it appear it's their own in-house brands.

They also drop ship everything and don't keep any inventory themselves (except for a select range of items).

Most of the time, they use the original manufacturer's images so you can easily do a reverse image search and find who the real brand is, and a lot of the time you can find it cheaper elsewhere. Wayfair's pricing fluctuates according to what their search algorithm tells them to.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 4:54 PM

It’s utter crap.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!