Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Murderville" on Netflix

I thought for sure there'd be an existing thread on this but, weirdly, there isn't. (I did search, I swear.)

It's a six-episode comedy series starring Will Arnett as a police detective, and features celebrity guest stars (including Sharon Stone, Annie Murphy and Kumail Nanjiani) who don't get a script and have to improvise all their dialogue.

It was a light, easy watch, and I thought it was (surprisingly) pretty funny!

Anyone else watch(ing)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2022 8:58 PM

I watched the first episode with Conan O'Brien. It was quite amusing and I love it when they all break character. I might avoid the Ken Leong episode because he annoys me in the worst way.

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2022 10:09 PM

The Ken Jeong episode wraps the season and ties everything together, so it’s worth watching. It was actually one of the funniest episodes, IMO (but I don’t mind KJ).

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2022 10:25 PM

OK, I'll see what I can sit through of it, OP.

I just find Ken so forced. He's one of those comedians that tries so fucking hard to be hilarious that it invalidates the jokes that might otherwise land.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2022 1:29 AM

Is this program on Hulu?

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2022 1:35 AM

R4, I can't tell if you're being sincere or facetious, but in case it's the former: see the thread title.

And good luck, R3! He may surprise you here, since he has to make it all up as he goes along.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2022 12:18 PM

It’s pretty good, Conan’s episode was my least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2022 1:15 AM

Sharon Stone was a dud

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2022 2:29 AM

Started watching because of this thread.

Never heard of Marshawn Lynch, but he’s pretty damn funny - especially for a pro-footballer.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2022 5:28 AM

R8, I was pleasantly surprised by Lynch, especially given the nature of the show. I thought, "Oh no, an athlete? Acting? In an improv-based comedy?"

But he was pretty funny!

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2022 12:24 PM

Loved the Ken Jeong episode, I think he broke character the most.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2022 11:24 AM

Absolutely love it- Will Arnett is just super funny to begin with- and I just love the premise in general- super clever, light, and silly. Hope it gets renewed!

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2022 11:51 AM

I didn't realize it's actually based on a UK series called "Murder in Successville"!

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2022 12:43 PM

Stone was fine.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2022 5:16 AM

sharon stone???? fawk no.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2022 10:30 AM

Are you all deaf and dumb? The third episode, Kumail Nanjiani, was quite possibly the funniest thing (post Carol Burnett/Tim/Harvey) on TV. LOL funny, The walk. “Did she run out of ink?” Come on!

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2022 1:06 AM

Agreed -- that *was* a great one, R15.

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2022 12:16 PM

Just found out there’s a new “Murderville” Christmas special with Jason Bateman and Maya Rudolph guest starring!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 10:41 PM

^^ Just watched the Christmas special and thought it was hilarious. Maya Rudolph was made for this kind of improv-based series.

Netflix has kind of buried it (I don't remember seeing any promotion for it anywhere), which is a shame... especially for anyone who watched the (now-cancelled) series and enjoyed it. Ah well!

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2022 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!