Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Euphoria” Season 2- Official Thread #3

I want Jacob Elordi to rearrange my insides, and I have no shame in it. However, I loathe him for demanding a Nate redemption story and that Nate be someone we feel more sympathy and empathy for. Also, fuck him for not wanting to do much nudity this season, if any. 4 episodes in and zero ass shots from him because he said he doesn’t want to unless 100% necessary, and fuck Levinson for not making the nudity necessary enough for him to do it.

Thoughts on season 2 so far? Thoughts on this seasons big breakouts? Insane how well this season is doing and how popular it is. Gotta love Zendaya!

Sydney Sweeney is on her way to megastardom.

Alexa Demie as Maddy is still my favorite though. And I have grown to love Maude as Lexi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491August 2, 2022 11:29 PM

So far, S2 is a bit of a dud for me. I don’t want a Nate redemption either, and I’m tired of Cassie melting down over Nate. And Rue is meh.

by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2022 11:27 AM

Rue is a mess. She isn’t trying to be better which is turning people off, but I find that more realistic than Nate’s story.

Season 2 takes weeks after season 1. They’re in January 2020 now. How did Nate change so much in a few weeks? Please. Fez beating him up wouldn’t cause such a drastic change in a person like season 1 Nate. Actually, season 1 Nate would have found a way to get revenge without even thinking hard. He was smart and dangerous and violent. And bordering on psychotic with a narcissism issue and sociopath with daddy issues and struggling with figuring out his sexual attraction to Jules.

Season 2 Nate is a teen boy in a 3-way lovers quarrel who we feel bad for because Cal is just such an awful dad.

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2022 11:37 AM

Awwww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2022 12:31 PM

Elordi is a bit pretentious and desperate to be taken seriously as an actor. He doesn’t wanna be known for his height or looks or body, but his talent. Unfortunately, he is “cursed” with height (6’5) and conventional great looks and a natural fit body (he barely even works out sometimes) and that seems to be what people care about most and he doesn’t like it.

We may get ONE Elordi ass shot this season, but no more than that.

Also, unlike many other young actors who find it cool when they start getting recognized out in public, he hates it. However, he loves what he does and knew he wanted to act since he was a kid and make it a career, and he takes it very serious.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2022 2:09 PM

I love how the show is so popular that young people are trying to dress and look just like the characters 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2022 2:59 PM

Season 3 is official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2022 4:49 PM

Is S3 gonna air two years later and still be set in high school? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2022 5:09 PM

Season 2 starts 3 weeks after season 1 ended. Maybe season 3 will start a few weeks after season 2 ends.

They’re in January 2020 right now. 3 can add early-Covid to the show.

by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2022 5:11 PM

Behind The Scenes Drama- (from info I have vs this article)

Let me make this clear, it was moreso Hunter than Jacob who refused to work together, but he is at fault also.

The original storyline was that Jules develops a sort of Stockholm Syndrome and becomes infatuated/obsessed with Nate as they have this secret fling, trying to hide it from Rue. Levinson had to scrap that because A. Hunter refused to film with Jacob and even unfollowed him on social media and B. Jacob demanded his character be redeemed in season 2, and felt Nate having a secret fling with Jules only for it to end in a mess would not give him the redemption he wants and only make Nate look even more like a jerk.

Levinson, one to appease his favorites, then went to Sydney Sweeney (another favorite) and asked her what she thinks Cassie will be doing in season 2, what crazy things will she get into, with Sweeney not knowing what she thinks Cassie should be doing. Levinson then told her Nate, the crazy thing Cassie will be doing is Nate, literally, and asked her how she felt about that storyline. Sydney thought it was truly crazy of Cassie and her first response was “WHAT ABOUT MADDY?!”. Her wide eyed reaction let Levinson know that storyline was a good one and he told her that’s his plan and the rest is history.

However, Levinson did force Hunter/Jacob to film a couple of scenes together, which they were fine doing because the screen time was so limited, they (mostly Hunter) just didn’t wanna film continuously together and have a whole storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2022 10:22 AM

That kind of shit will be the downfall of the show, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2022 1:50 PM

I love this girls 90s cast of Euphoria minus Kat and Maddy, but I get why she made Maddy white because the 90s would have definitely had Maddy be white back then and not Latina and cast a cis woman as Jules, and a non fatty as fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2022 2:43 PM

Omg tomorrow is a new episode. It just hit me

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2022 9:50 PM

OMG will you be able to sleep?

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2022 9:51 PM

It really is a great show. Idk when was the last time we had a show where people anticipated the next episode so much. GOT?

There are even countdowns every week for the next episode

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2022 10:49 PM

someone in my sports fandom circle said maddy=the pep guardiola of teen drama and now i cant stop thinking about that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2022 1:01 PM

Omg it’s about to start!!!

by Anonymousreply 16February 7, 2022 12:57 AM

Zendaya has that Emmy on lock this year after tonight’s episode. Jesus that was hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17February 7, 2022 1:42 AM

Wow. That was INTENSE. I found myself feeling nervous for Rue numerous times, especially those final 10-15 minutes.

The first 15 minutes were powerful.

Zendaya knocked it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 18February 7, 2022 1:57 AM

OMG

by Anonymousreply 19February 7, 2022 1:58 AM

I literally clapped my hands when her mother slapped her. About time.

by Anonymousreply 20February 7, 2022 2:04 AM

SPOILERS!!!!

On thread 2 (or 1?) I told you guys that Nate will get the tape back from Maddie by basically playing a fucked up version of Russian Roulette. After that he will go to Jules and give her back the tape and apologize to her for everything, redeeming himself with her (and further making Nate a good guy this season).

Some of you didn’t believe me, but look, Jacob posted this image to his Instagram story. Nate in the car with Jules. He probably shouldn’t have posted that, but you will be seeing this next week! The episode will focus mostly on the love triangle and Nate determined to get the tape back at any cost. It’s a Nate/Cassie/Maddy heavy episode so it should make you all happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 7, 2022 2:51 AM

Here is the trailer for episode 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 7, 2022 2:54 AM

Laurie is terrifying!

by Anonymousreply 23February 7, 2022 4:10 AM

So damn intense I had to get up and pace during some scenes.

by Anonymousreply 24February 7, 2022 4:31 AM

The actress playing Rue's mother demonstrating her lightweight acting credentials yet again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 7, 2022 6:11 AM

I love how Laurie kept jabbing her with the needle. Bitch is cray.

by Anonymousreply 26February 7, 2022 6:19 AM

R23 very much so. I was creeped out.

by Anonymousreply 27February 7, 2022 9:00 AM

Elliott is just a rewritten Nate?

by Anonymousreply 28February 7, 2022 9:09 AM

I think Laurie is going to use the drug debt as a means to turn into a sex worker

by Anonymousreply 29February 7, 2022 10:06 AM

R28 they’re literally nothing alike….

by Anonymousreply 30February 7, 2022 10:51 AM

Outside of being manipulative, that is. But Nate was a full on psycho in season 1. He was violent, narcissistic, aggressive, abusive, manipulative, condescending etc. Elliott isn’t, he is up to something but he’s not Nate. Nate also would never touch a drug.

by Anonymousreply 31February 7, 2022 10:53 AM

Amazing episode. Not “Emmy bait”. People saying that must not watch the show. She’s playing a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 32February 7, 2022 1:02 PM

If the show gets that dark — and I agree that is what Laurie seemed to be hinting at with that comment about women always having something that men want — then I am out. That’s too dark for me given these are high schoolers.

by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2022 1:09 PM

The pearl clutching over age is strange to me, especially as we know they're all about 25 or older.

by Anonymousreply 34February 7, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote]If the show gets that dark — and I agree that is what Laurie seemed to be hinting at with that comment about women always having something that men want — then I am out. That’s too dark for me given these are high schoolers.

I'm with you there, but considering how the season started: Rue goes with Fez to Laurie's, thinking it's all a game only to get a good hard look at the future she's staring down - addiction, prostitution, basically being Laurie's literal & figurative prisoner along with the inevitable end of Fez I think will finally be the rock bottom she needs to finally commit to being sober, not just fake it. I think they're setting up next season's storyline to be the fallout of the damage various characters have created (Rue, Cal, Nate, Cassie, etc) and their efforts to move past it/repair what they've done

by Anonymousreply 35February 7, 2022 2:04 PM

I don’t think she will be made into a prostitute, but the idea that doesn’t happen to minors all the time is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 36February 7, 2022 3:16 PM

You all are dense.

Laurie wanted Rue to take morphine despite having tons of pills to offer her because her plan was to kidnap and traffic Rue. Hence the locks from inside so she can’t get out and her giving Rue so many drugs to sell from the start. She knew she would not be able to and then she can make money off Rue’s body.

by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2022 3:23 PM

interesting thing to note about cassie in the scene Rue exposes her: not only does she try to weaponize her tears but ALSO Rue’s addiction to get out of this

by Anonymousreply 38February 7, 2022 3:28 PM

Yeah, Laurie was clearly setting Rue up to be turned into a junkie prostitute.

Damn, this season is dark.

by Anonymousreply 39February 7, 2022 3:54 PM

Did people expect a show about a drug addicted teen and all those fucked up teens to be laughs and giggles? Lmao

by Anonymousreply 40February 7, 2022 4:05 PM

On one of her fence jumps Rue was lucky she didn't land her ass on a prickly pear cactus. That would have surely slowed her down.

by Anonymousreply 41February 7, 2022 6:53 PM

HO-LI-FUK

this was a fucking intense episode. If that doesn't scare her sober, what the fuck will?

by Anonymousreply 42February 7, 2022 11:57 PM

Apparently Tom Holland was there for the shooting of this episode.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2022 12:00 AM

Tom Holland was around a lot as she filmed. He frequents the set.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2022 12:20 AM

R42 it scared her enough to make her go back home. I hope she gets help and doesn’t keep fighting it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2022 12:22 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2022 3:11 AM

This show generates so many conspiracy theories, it’s insane.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2022 3:34 AM

I guess Maddy and Cassie aren't besties anymore.

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2022 3:47 AM

Maddy was about to beat her ass. Cassie should have just stood there and remained silent and all of that would have been avoided. Her positivity triggered Rue 😂

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2022 3:56 AM

No one ever acknowledges poor Gia and what it must be like to have a sister like Rue and having to deal with this. She is gonna end up resenting Rue when she’s older.

by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2022 4:08 AM

Where was Faye when Fez had to toss Rue out? Ash was there. Where was she?

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2022 4:26 AM

The trailer for episode 6 is the #2 trending video over 24 hours later. This show is so popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2022 4:31 AM

I bet HBO never imagined that Euphoria would be the real heir to Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2022 4:33 AM

r4 a bit pretentious? Jacob sounds like an Aussie Timothee Chalamet in interviews. I swear he wants to copy + paste his career. He goes overboard when talking about Nate.

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2022 4:42 AM

I don't think Elordi's looks are conventionally great.

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2022 4:46 AM

Elordi has spoken about the effort to build his body for appearing shirtless in front of the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2022 4:47 AM

[Quote] Also, unlike many other young actors who find it cool when they start getting recognized out in public, he hates it.

He hates it so much that he kissed Zendaya on the street in broad daylight. He's a shrinking violet, that one.

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2022 4:49 AM

He's just a crazy theater kid that is better looking than average. I hate to do this but I think most of the gen-z actors are batshit crazy. This is why I like the actress playing Maddy, she's nearly 30 (a Millennial) and isn't about that shit. All these kids were just handed a great gig but too many of the ones that didn't goro up in Hollywood have the nerve to be entitled.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2022 4:52 AM

Maybe because he’s human r57. Young people kiss in public all the time. He himself says he forgets he’s a working actor while out sometimes. I’m tired of people acting like celebs are supposed to stay locked inside 24/7 because if they go out and get photographed it’s because they are demanding to be photographed or recorded, when in reality people are going to do that whether they like it or not in the social media age.

Elordi is the type who probably feels he should be able to walk down the street with his girlfriend if he wants without being bothered, and he isn’t wrong.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2022 4:54 AM

When he was with Joey King and they ran through the “yellow line” to escape the paparazzi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2022 4:58 AM

Elordi is someone who some were trying to cancel recently because he’s “not nice” to his fans and flips them off when he sees them recording him or taking pics without his permission.

That never took off though lol.

by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2022 5:02 AM

r59 when I see actors act like r60 I wonder why they are even in Hollywood. Jacob could have stayed in Australia or moved to the UK or NYC to do stage work. Paparazzi is a trade off for the massive paychecks and celebrity afforded to Hollywood actors. It's super annoying when people sail over here then act appalled that the established system is applied to them. This is Hollywood culture, respect it or go the fuck home.

There is always a LONG line of actors that would suck the chrome off of a tailpipe to be any of the roles these Euphoria kids have. Many of these actors are being highly insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2022 5:03 AM

R56 he’s just trying to sound overly professional and dedicated. He also claimed he had to go to the hospital and had a concussion after filming Nate’s meltdown scene during the season 1 finale and Levinson said he was lying 😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2022 5:04 AM

Tom Holland wants to make a cameo on the show but Levinson won’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2022 5:07 AM

r61 he's a fool if he thinks he can play a villain on a popular show and be mean in real life. In 2022, paparazzi are the least of a celebs worry, because they tend to have some restrictions (can't barge into private businesses) it's the camera phone wielding fans that are the issue. But you just play the game. Smile are give a nod and move on. He's too tall to blend into a crowd.

r64 despite Tom's financial success, he really seems desperate, but in a cute puppy type of way. He had an interview about going back to mark Wahlberg's home for a "self-pleasure gun". He thought Mark was giving him a sex toy. Interviewer asks why he still went home with mark for the "sex toy" (a massage gun) and Tom says it's Hollywood... This and his tearful call to the head of Disney for updates on Spider Man show his desperation. But he's likable.

The 2.25 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2022 5:12 AM

Jacob has a talent of knowing when he’s being recorded. No matter how coy you’re being, he seems to always know when someone is recording him, like here. Kaia walks by but he’s looking right at the person 😂 it’s like a gift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2022 5:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2022 5:35 AM

This girl says he really is 6’5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2022 5:36 AM

“Elders React” the woman was so moved by the Cal/Derek story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2022 5:54 AM

R4 what a crock of shit 🤣

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2022 6:14 AM

R70 nope.

Episode 5 was top tier and it’s ironic it had no Jacobs family members in it.

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2022 6:25 AM

Faye Dunaway got to be a villain for decades. Bad Behavior will be tolerated if you deliver. Once you begin to fall off, though...

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2022 6:59 AM

[Quote] Maybe because he’s human [R57]. Young people kiss in public all the time. He himself says he forgets he’s a working actor while out sometimes. I’m tired of people acting like celebs are supposed to stay locked inside 24/7 because if they go out and get photographed it’s because they are demanding to be photographed or recorded, when in reality people are going to do that whether they like it or not in the social media age. Elordi is the type who probably feels he should be able to walk down the street with his girlfriend if he wants without being bothered, and he isn’t wrong.

Could you dial down the fangirl just a smidgen?

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2022 7:01 AM

He's smart enough to not escalate with "fans." He's hyperaware, though, not just "living his life, y'all."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2022 7:03 AM

Yes. But the time he kissed her they were photographed from far away.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2022 2:39 PM

Does Tiger Beat magazine cover these kids?

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2022 2:59 PM

Sydney Sweeney covers the new issue of Cosmopolitan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2022 3:44 PM

The article. Love the photos!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2022 3:51 PM

I like Euphoria...but some of you should get a room.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2022 4:08 PM

R69 that’s fake

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2022 4:36 PM

Gee whiz, that Rue is a bit of a drama queen, tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2022 1:35 PM

She’s a drug addict.

Jacob Elordi is attractive as a whole but his face alone is not one for modeling. He is Hugo Boss’ new face and I’m not impressed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2022 2:52 PM

Yeah, his isn't a great face. It's better than Tom Holland's, though. Holland cannot model to save his life. Those recent handbag photos are particularly bad.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2022 2:54 PM

How much would he make in that Boss deal?

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2022 2:54 PM

R83 agreed. There was a thread on here about how bad Tom is as a model and most people were claiming he looks amazing. No, he doesn’t. He isn’t a model. Being attractive doesn’t mean you’re a model. They really are special.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2022 2:57 PM

Him and Laura Harrier are the new BOSS faces. Their ad is so extra for no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2022 2:59 PM

I was surprised at how low the ratings are considering how much attention it gets on social media.

"HBO’s “Euphoria” beat Showtime’s “Billions” by a nose: 353,000 vs. 315,000 viewers. HBO will say they have millions of viewers from other platforms, and they very well may but there’s no way of knowing. This is just HBO Prime vs. Showtime."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2022 3:26 PM

The ratings aren’t low. Nice that you use an obscure site (again) lmaooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2022 3:30 PM

There is nothing wrong with r87s link, it just shows how out of touch TV ratings are.

Most people watch HBO content through streaming with HBOMax now, traditionally viewership of people who have their TVs on the HBO channel has become a relic in the era of streaming.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2022 3:45 PM

for anyone not watching this show, watch it. Its crazy. Season 1 was experimental. Season 2 is insane.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2022 5:49 PM

Episode 1 has had 14 million viewers since it debuted. Why? Because people watch stuff online now. R87 although your link is to an obscure site that isn’t verified, it only shows TV channel numbers. Very few people are watching tv regularly these days, most of it is online. Welcome to 2022.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2022 6:24 PM

True, though I could also see that Euphoria gets HBO a lot of "buzz", but has a very limited audience because let's face it - this show is not easy to stomach. Though I'm shocked anyone watches Billions anymore, especially now that Bobby Alexrod is gone

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2022 6:43 PM

It’s their highest rated show since GOT and breaking records. In what world is that limited audience?

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2022 6:54 PM

R91, That's after an entire month. Popular shows on network TV get that many viewers after only a week and they don't get 1/10th the hype that Euphoria gets.

R93, That's not saying much considering how low-rated their shows typically are.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2022 7:30 PM

Lmaooooooooooooooooo r94 you’re so pressed. The show is super successful.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2022 7:34 PM

Yeah the show is clearly a hit. People are unsubscribing from cable like crazy, and most who have it don’t pay to have premium channels.

My uncle had basic cable with a landline and pays $160 a month, and that’s down from the $210 he was paying prior. People stream.

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2022 7:37 PM

The only people who use the HBO channel rather than HBOmax are 55+.

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2022 7:43 PM

he's only hot bc of his height

his face ain't that great

but better than a lot his fug contemporaries...which is not saying much

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2022 7:45 PM

R95, Pressed about 353k viewers? American Horror Story season 57 gets the same amount of viewers.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2022 7:50 PM

R99 yeah you’re willfully ignorant, and seem proud of it. I feel very, very sorry for you man.

Maybe you should learn how ratings work in the modern world. It’s about STREAMING now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2022 7:57 PM

Yeah the poster seems oddly determined to say this show isn't popular. This show is very popular, IMO too popular for its own good. The audience has expanded into a lot of young people who are probably too young to appreciate what this show is trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2022 8:27 PM

R101 100% and they bitch every day about how the show isn’t doing what they think it should be doing. Let Levinson tell his story and just enjoy it or don’t watch instead of bitching every week that things aren’t going how you want them to.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2022 8:53 PM

So many of them think Levinson should have basically let the actors write the show and he's a big meanie (and possible predator!) for doing otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2022 9:02 PM

R103 he sort of did allow them to dictate the show. We would have a Jules/Nate storyline this season if he didn’t allow them to make him change it because they don’t wanna work together for more than brief moments.

Nate and Jules haven’t interacted once this whole season so far. Even worse, him and Rue haven’t even looked at each other once.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2022 9:21 PM

I can't stop thinking about the last episode... it was one of the best episodes of a tv show that I have seen in many years

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2022 9:53 PM

I agree r105, and one of the most honest portrayals of addiction I have seen.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2022 9:58 PM

It's weird how poorly crafted certain aspects of this show are and yet as a whole it's just so engrossing. The monologue with Nate's dad coming out to his family and pissing in their foyer for instance has got to be one of the worst written scenes in TV history. And the glaringly obvious plot holes like the mysterious third brother and Maddy just chilling for weeks with this "tape" of her ex-boyfriend's gay dad fucking a trans girl (does she watch it every night?). But it's the editing, camerawork, and soundtrack I think that save it somehow.

I canceled my Netflix subscription this week in part because of Euphoria, and I hope it contributes to some statistic showing how much more appealing the programming is on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2022 11:27 PM

[Quote]And the glaringly obvious plot holes like the mysterious third brother

That's not what plothole means r107.

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2022 12:00 AM

The third brother isn’t a plothole. We just don’t know what happened to him. They don’t acknowledge him.

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2022 12:03 AM

I don't watch much "live" on cable anymore... but weirdly, Euphoria is one of the few things I do. I watch on HBO on Cable.

But then I AM technically over 55. Barely.

I watch almost everything else streaming though.

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2022 12:39 AM

R110 I stream it at 9pm every Sunday night instead of watch it live, so I can pause it if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2022 12:42 AM

r108 Rather than being a persnickety little cunt about technicalities, why don't you prioritize the vibe of my post and contribute to the talking points instead? Do you have any thoughts or is this the best you can offer?

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2022 3:34 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2022 4:01 PM

And Fez could play Wolverine.

by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2022 4:16 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2022 4:24 PM

R114 no

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2022 5:19 PM

My god Zendaya is talented. I just watched last week’s ep. She can really act - the performance in that episode was beyond. Those first 15 minutes… MARY!!! So upsetting. I was holding my breath watching it.

Give her another Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2022 10:23 PM

Speaking of Zendaya … omg 😍😍😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2022 10:27 PM

Laurie said she always makes her money back. Rue was probably used as a sex toy while sky high on morphine. Why the hell else would she be put in the tub to clean up.

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2022 11:16 PM

I thought Laurie was a disturbing character. Her flat tone with no affect in her facial expression, that fucking house with all the tschotkes all over (doesn't anyone clean these houses in Euphoria, they give me hives) , and Laurie probably had pills in the house, she wanted to shoot Rue up.... Laurie getting off on the needle and the blood. The actress is either horrid, or magnificent, either way she unnerved me.

by Anonymousreply 120February 11, 2022 2:34 AM

R119 It’s not “immediate quid pro quo.” Rue is being trained, more or less. She knows to go back when she is desperate. Plus, once you iv morphine, pills are child’s play. Laurie is very strategic and very evil. She has patience…like Osama Bin Laden had patience. She’s a memorable character. She’s fake-caring…like a pimp is at first. She’s also willing to wait…and then she’ll try to turn Rue out…when Rue comes back. And she’ll make it seem like it’s Rue’s free will guiding her.

by Anonymousreply 121February 11, 2022 2:47 AM

R120 Of course. Rue thinks she is clever, but Laurie is light years ahead of Rue. She’s not falling for the bs Rue tells to the people who love her and therefore want to believe her…because Laurie doesn’t give a shit about Rue. She’s just a potential revenue stream: one way or another. The suitcase Laurie took the liquid morphine out of was packed with pills. It’s all part of Laurie’s plan.

by Anonymousreply 122February 11, 2022 2:52 AM

I wish some of you guys would go to Youtube and pull up clips of Martha Kelly (Laurie) in the F/X show Baskets. She started in stand-up comedy. Casting her in this part is just brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 123February 11, 2022 7:46 AM

Martha’s scenes with Louis Anderson were comic gold.

I love the fact Euphoria is using established comedic actresses when the show is known for its dramatic intensity.

by Anonymousreply 124February 11, 2022 8:06 AM

*Louie

by Anonymousreply 125February 11, 2022 8:07 AM

R124 they’re using an actress to play a dramatic role in a drama. She’s not playing a comedic role.

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2022 8:11 AM

Martha Kelly is primarily known as a comedian, who has done comedic roles. Don’t be daft, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2022 8:13 AM

R127 cool. But she’s playing a dramatic role right now.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2022 8:15 AM

R128, you’re an idiot.

All I was doing was pointing out how subversive it is to use comedic actresses in a show that is far from funny. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2022 8:21 AM

R129 copy.

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2022 8:33 AM

Eh... Alana Ubach's character is clearly meant to be funny. This isn't a Russian play.

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2022 10:10 AM

R131 she is comedic relief, yes. Laurie isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2022 1:47 PM

Will Minka Kelly ever make a significant contribution to this season?

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2022 3:01 PM

Maybe she'll turn out to be a madam. Rue will be one of her girls.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2022 3:08 PM

R133 she was shown once or twice. Why were you expecting more from someone who isn’t even around?

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2022 3:13 PM

SPOILER!!!!!

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANNA KNOW!!!

Minka Kelly’s role is she takes Maddy under her wing and is almost an older mentor/friend to her and shows her how to get what she wants out of life. That’s it. Who knows if they will keep her on and give her more to do in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2022 3:15 PM

Will there be some lesbian action between the two?

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2022 3:25 PM

That makes sense because Minka Kelly’s character is basically what Maddy wants to be. We learned that in season 1, during Maddy’s opening backstory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2022 3:40 PM

r137, there was a definite sapphic undertone to their interaction, at least in the brief glimpse that we saw a few episodes back.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2022 5:51 PM

I have a feeling Maddy and the actress who plays her aren't dissimilar. Great casting.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2022 6:00 PM

Alexa Demie said her life is nothing like Maddy. Alexa has always been very ambitious, while Maddy’s goal is to be a trophy wife.

She also said her life is not nearly as complicated or dramatic as Maddy’s, thankfully lol.

But as far as the way she speaks and mannerisms, that’s Alexa.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2022 6:04 PM

Alexa started her own sunglass line while still in HS and always had an entrepreneur mindset. She’s interesting. And I don’t know why people are so obsessed with her age. Who cares if she’s 30/31??? Teens have been played by actors in their late 20s/30s for decades. This isn’t new.

Also, she is smart to never acknowledge her age. Many actresses don’t or lie about it. Didn’t Rebel Wilson take a whole decade off her age to get the Pitch Perfect role, and people eventually found out she’s actually older?

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2022 6:11 PM

Oh a video to go along with my post at r142

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2022 6:12 PM

Alexa’s music is odd but interesting. She does her own thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2022 6:16 PM

Alexa Demie’s birth name is Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom, daughter of Scott Wilson Vanerstrom, son of Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys. She legally changed her name to just Alexa Demie and doesn’t have her father or his side of the family on her Wikipedia, only her mother, who is a successful makeup artist from Mexico.

Some think she doesn’t want people to know who her father and grandpa are because of Wilson’s ties to Charles Manson.

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2022 6:40 PM

I scrolled quickly past the spoiler, but did catch Minka Kelly’s name. It would’ve been strange to go a whole season with her appearing a whole 1 minute.

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2022 7:02 PM

Hmmm I don’t think she ever knew the beach boy grandfather though? See below…

According to NY Gal, Alexa Demie’s father, Scott Wilson Vanerstrom, was the stepson of Dennis Wilson, who he adopted through his marriage with his former wife Carole Freedman. The two were married for about three years before finally calling it quits in 1968. Even still, those few years were enough to warrant a relationship between Scott and Dennis to the point of Alexa Demie being considered Dennis’ granddaughter.

Being the quiet celebrity that she is, Alexa has yet to speak publicly about her late grandfather, especially considering the fact that she wasn’t even born when he passed away in 1983. What’s more is that Alexa, though having a good relationship with her father, is far closer with her mother, Rose Mendez, meaning it’s fairly likely she will continue to keep her dad’s side of the family private matters.

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2022 7:07 PM

R147 doesn’t change that was her legal grandfather

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2022 7:08 PM

Yes absolutely. I just thought it was her biological grandfather who she potentially had a relationship with. It’s a little more attenuated than that.

Interesting though. I wonder if her father got any money from Denis Wilson’s estate when he died?

by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2022 7:10 PM

That video is click bait. She doesn't address shit in them. Just someone talking over photos and scenes of Alexa.

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2022 9:56 PM

That video is click bait. She doesn't address shit in them. Just someone talking over photos and scenes of Alexa.

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote]It's weird how poorly crafted certain aspects of this show are and yet as a whole it's just so engrossing.

It's because the show would be nothing without its cinematographer / director of photography.

by Anonymousreply 152February 12, 2022 3:00 AM

by Anonymousreply 153February 12, 2022 3:36 AM

Yes, the visual appeal of the show is its greatest asset. The suburban house interiors always make me think of The Virgin Suicides.

by Anonymousreply 154February 12, 2022 10:22 AM

[Yes, the visual appeal of the show is its greatest asset}

Agreed. During the first season, the shots of Lexi, Rue & Jules riding their bikes had this slow dreamy quality that reminded me of well of VS - I like when the show reminds me you that in spite of their drug abuse, promiscuity and other bad behavior, they're just kids. Given the overall tone of the show, these kinds of shots might be sappy in another hands, but somehow Euphoria visuals make you feel as if you what you're seeing isn't real

by Anonymousreply 155February 12, 2022 10:32 AM

R145 Dennis Wilson was stepfather to the actresses father. And afraid of Charles Manson connection? How stupid. No one said that.

by Anonymousreply 156February 12, 2022 10:40 AM

I couldnt pick minka Kelly out of a lineup. Who the fuck is that? Some nothing actress?

by Anonymousreply 157February 12, 2022 10:41 AM

r157 = Leighton Meester

by Anonymousreply 158February 12, 2022 10:43 AM

R157 she wasn't nothing to Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 159February 12, 2022 11:53 AM

r155, I find it hard to know whose house we're at at the start of a lot of scenes because they don't use establishing shots. And the interiors look pretty similar to each other.

by Anonymousreply 160February 12, 2022 1:35 PM

R156 he ADOPTED the stepson. So legally that was his SON. Read before commenting in the future.

by Anonymousreply 161February 12, 2022 1:57 PM

R155 awww how cute that you’re still replying to yourself. So cute.

by Anonymousreply 162February 12, 2022 1:57 PM

i dont know what euphoria is and at this point im too afraid to ask

but anyway here’s bob mortimer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 12, 2022 9:58 PM

Anyway, who are you bitches rooting for in tonight’s Super Bowl? Maddy or Cassie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 13, 2022 8:01 PM

New episode!!! So happy.

And once again, Zendaya is absolutely slaying.

by Anonymousreply 165February 14, 2022 1:07 AM

Omg I’m loving this episode. It’s fucking hysterical but deep at other moments.

by Anonymousreply 166February 14, 2022 1:34 AM

I kind of want another version of Euphoria without Rue. So that it can go back to being called the OC.

by Anonymousreply 167February 14, 2022 2:05 AM

Nate's redemption arc is too hurried and forced. Cassie is pathetic. Leslie at the end with "Peace Piece" actually hurt.

by Anonymousreply 168February 14, 2022 2:08 AM

R167 then watch The OC.

by Anonymousreply 169February 14, 2022 2:10 AM

R168 thank Jacob Elordi for that. He’s a big part of the reason season 2 is so different. I have a lot of BHS insight and spoilers. He’s a bit more of a diva than one might assume based on how he comes off in interviews.

PS I told you all everything that happened in tonight’s episode weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 170February 14, 2022 2:13 AM

Do you mean “please please”? WTF is peace piece?

by Anonymousreply 171February 14, 2022 2:14 AM

^Are you dumb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 14, 2022 2:16 AM

[quote]PS I told you all everything that happened in tonight’s episode weeks ago.

And I scrolled right past all of it.

by Anonymousreply 173February 14, 2022 2:19 AM

R170, would you agree that they wrote the Cal character off to please Jacob Elordi?

Also, do you have any Sam Levinson gossip? I am finding him impossibly sexy lately.

by Anonymousreply 174February 14, 2022 2:20 AM

Even with the redemption arc, it's till the best episode of the season so far. And it really belonged to the three mothers.

by Anonymousreply 175February 14, 2022 2:25 AM

R174 Sam Levinson was a real drug addict as a teenager and Rue represents him and his ups and downs with drugs. He is a man who plays favorites and doesn’t even try to hide it, similar to Ryan Murphy. He was a lot more down to earth the first time around than the second and seems to take himself more serious this time around.

As for Jacob Elordi, him and Eric Dane bond and seem to have a relationship off the show, like friends, or at least did after season 1. I don’t think he wanted Dane off the show as much as he needed all the blame to fall on Cal so that people can empathize with Nate more, and the character to get a redemption arc. Elordi had demands for season 2 and Levinson obliged.

Fun Fact- Elordi also almost tried getting out of his contract because he was upset he didn’t get an Emmy nomination for season 1.

by Anonymousreply 176February 14, 2022 2:33 AM

Lexi and Fez are so cute together

by Anonymousreply 177February 14, 2022 3:02 AM

This episode did a really good job of intertwining the disparate storylines. All the scenes really moved each of the characters forward or illuminated something about them or had some quality of resolution. I really enjoyed seeing the mothers and the mother figure (Samantha). Everything about this show is just intoxicating (no pun) and really fucking ace.

by Anonymousreply 178February 14, 2022 3:14 AM

That whole ending left me infuriated

by Anonymousreply 179February 14, 2022 3:28 AM

If it's true that Elordi was pissed he didn't get an Emmy nomination for S1 and then asked Levinson to tailor the script... I mean that's diva energy and unearned. Nate is disposable, get another hot teen actor for season 3, it happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 180February 14, 2022 3:32 AM

So is Cal off the show for good?

by Anonymousreply 181February 14, 2022 3:33 AM

Nate is a big part of the show. R180 he isn’t a McKay or Kat, who if gone you barely notice (although many seem to on social media so that’s not fully true) but Nate is one of the faces. Elordi has become popular.

by Anonymousreply 182February 14, 2022 3:35 AM

R181 it’s possible we will see him again one day but episode 4 was his final episode for this season.

Whether he comes back in season 3 no one knows.

Levinson has been in contact with the actor who plays McKay though. While not official, we may see him again in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 183February 14, 2022 3:37 AM

I mean it’s obvious why McKay is no longer on the show. Cassie and Nate are now endgame.

I actually find Cassie to be the most realistic character on Gabe show.

by Anonymousreply 184February 14, 2022 3:37 AM

Maybe, but Jaob Elordi wants to have his redemption story written such that he is ultimately the good guy. No it's not as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 185February 14, 2022 3:38 AM

“And Salt The Earth Behind You” (1x08) was the episode that was supposed to earn Elordi a Supporting Actor nomination, or at least in his own mind. There were people who thought he may get in but that never happened, clearly. Elordi was truly upset by the “snub”.

by Anonymousreply 186February 14, 2022 3:41 AM

I hate Cassie. Way too much, actually. I liked her when she was with McKay but with Nate? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2022 3:41 AM

Elordi needs to seriously get over himself. He is not a great actor and will never get close to an Emmy nomination unless it is purchased for him.

by Anonymousreply 188February 14, 2022 3:44 AM

R185 especially when season 1 Nate wasn’t just some jerk jock asshole, he was a full on villain. He was the shows villain, and it worked beautifully. Nate’s change is too drastic and too fast.

by Anonymousreply 189February 14, 2022 3:45 AM

Cassie has become repugnant. Looking like she smells of dick.

by Anonymousreply 190February 14, 2022 3:46 AM

Also, not just because Jules hates Nate, but did anyone else feel there was awkward tension in the car scene with Jacob and Hunter? Hunter literally was just saying her lines. There was nothing behind the eyes or anything. Complete opposite of how she usually is.

by Anonymousreply 191February 14, 2022 3:49 AM

Nate was a brilliant villain in season 1, and he was truly a psychopath and sociopath and narcissist. I loved the season 1 finale of the show, loved Nate’s meltdown, and loved this scene between Rue and Nate, when she finally confronts him outside. You, as the viewer, see just now Nate operates. He’s a complete prick, belittling Rue and trying to intimidate her and because that doesn’t work on her he switches it up by complimenting her, telling her she looks beautiful and then saying wonderful things about Jules, all to manipulate Rue and get in her head. Issue is, that doesn’t work on Rue, and you know it doesn’t because of the change in her facial expression and the way she’s looking at him once he transitions to giving compliments.

It’s all very well done, honestly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 14, 2022 3:59 AM

Episode 7 promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 14, 2022 4:06 AM

This was a strong episode. The opening with Rue was a good epilogue to last week's episode. The end scene with Rue's mom pleading on the phone was so sad.

Cassie was sympathetic at the beginning of the season, but now she's kind of pathetic. Having the season end with her finally gaining some self-respect would be nice, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

Nate being redeemed -- or whatever you want to call what happened in this episode -- is a little awkward. It could be Jacob's acting, or it could be the writing. But it isn't landing so well. The scenes with him and his mom were good, though.

Cat continues to be pushed into the background. But that isn't much of a loss. The way she dumped Ethan made her look like an asshole.

Looking forward to next week's episode with Lexi's play debuting and the fallout from that.

by Anonymousreply 194February 14, 2022 6:49 AM

One way I'm able to enjoy this show is to accept it's pure fantasy. Not at all realistic by high school standards.

For example, no teacher in no high school in the world would allow Lexi to produce that very adult play about teenagers. Obviously the drama instructor didn't even read it before allowing it.

Still, I can't wait to see it!

by Anonymousreply 195February 14, 2022 6:57 AM

R195 isn’t that all teenage shows?

by Anonymousreply 196February 14, 2022 8:45 AM

[quote]Looking forward to next week's episode with Lexi's play debuting and the fallout from that.

I definitely think the end is near for Fez & Ash, but the way they are featuring Lexi in next week's trailer makes me wonder if she gets killed in the crossfire when the cops raid Fez & Ash's home. I can't imagine them killing off Apatow's kid, but I guess you never know. After her "play" holds up a mirror to the other characters about how they're perceived, the Lexi character may have served its purpose.

by Anonymousreply 197February 14, 2022 11:13 AM

R197 are you watching the show? Because it’s very obvious why she’s featured so much in next weeks episode…

by Anonymousreply 198February 14, 2022 11:25 AM

Man, Elordi does the sexy, hooded eyes thing real good. No wonder women can't resist him.

by Anonymousreply 199February 14, 2022 11:39 AM

If true, I wonder why Hunter didn’t want screentime with Jacob? Does our resident insider know?

by Anonymousreply 200February 14, 2022 12:12 PM

Hunter unfollowed Jacob on all social media and stopped speaking to him around the time him and Zendaya ended.

by Anonymousreply 201February 14, 2022 3:03 PM

However, she recently followed him again.

by Anonymousreply 202February 14, 2022 3:04 PM

I hate Nate even more now that he’s “good” than I did when he was evil.

by Anonymousreply 203February 14, 2022 3:18 PM

He, r202.

by Anonymousreply 204February 14, 2022 3:25 PM

R204 no. She. You jerk.

by Anonymousreply 205February 14, 2022 3:36 PM

What did I miss? After that manipulative scene with the gun to get Maddy to give him the disc, Nate is “good”?

Also, when is Morphine Mama going to collect her $8,000? Is Rue planning to get sober and become a prostitute? Has she told anyone about the money she owes?

by Anonymousreply 206February 14, 2022 3:48 PM

R206 Yep, an $8,000 drug debt is not going away... more significant plot point than the CD with dad/sex. Morphine Mama will get her money.

Did anyone think that Nate's mom was trying to get Nate to share about any childhood abuse from Dad? Dad is gay, so of course we need to be concerned if he molested the son.

by Anonymousreply 207February 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Times sure have changed. No way would my mother have sat and drank with me.

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2022 4:53 PM

R208 most parents still wouldn’t but there are some who do. My aunt used to let her daughters drink once they turned 17, but my mom is like a Nazi. That was never happening with her lmao

by Anonymousreply 209February 14, 2022 6:29 PM

I don't think Nate was abused by Cal, at least not directly. Seeing those vids is part of what screwed him up.

by Anonymousreply 210February 14, 2022 6:32 PM

R206 I suspect Laurie will be expecting her money by the finale. That’s when things will probably get nutty (not that they haven’t been already).

I believe there are only 2 more episodes, making season two 8 episodes like season 1.

by Anonymousreply 211February 14, 2022 6:32 PM

R210 you nailed it on the head. His mother doesn’t know about the tapes, which is why Nate said nothing and said he doesn’t remember. He won’t tell her about them.

His change started when he discovered those tapes at such a young age. It wasn’t sexual assault. But she doesn’t know that and wants Nate to tell her what happened. Naturally she assumes some form of abuse.

by Anonymousreply 212February 14, 2022 6:34 PM

They also made it a point to mention that Cal wasn’t a pedophile, despite that is what people will label him if they find out he fucked an underage teen (without knowing).

by Anonymousreply 213February 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Does anyone else feel very bad for Maddy? What Nate did is traumatizing.

by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2022 6:39 PM

Anyone else want more Suze Howard? I absolutely love her lol

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2022 6:45 PM

R214 - I want to see what revenge Maddie will take, now. I can’t imagine she’ll let this slide. She wasn’t giving up the disc that easily.

by Anonymousreply 216February 14, 2022 6:49 PM

I hope Maddie saved the video onto her computer.

by Anonymousreply 217February 14, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote] They also made it a point to mention that Cal wasn’t a pedophile

Rue literally called him a pedophile in her voiceover narration last night. What the hell are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 218February 14, 2022 7:27 PM

R218 and then she says “although he wasn’t actually a pedophile”

Rewatch it.

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2022 7:35 PM

I would like to see all of them die in a gym fire at prom a la Carrie. That’s the only ending I would be happy with.

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2022 7:51 PM

Anyone else love Ali?

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2022 9:24 PM

^ I love Colman Domingo's story of how he met his man on Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 222February 14, 2022 9:30 PM

Anyone else catch how Marsha said she was scared Nate would get Maddy pregnant because Maddy is the type of girl who would keep the baby just to spite him? Is she speaking from experience?

by Anonymousreply 223February 14, 2022 9:42 PM

R223 - Nate’s conversation with his mother revealed a lot. I think she suspected or wondered if Nate had been sexually abused by his dad. I took her comment about Maddy to mean maybe she knew Cal is gay and was in love with his friend. She recognizes she was a spiteful cunt like Maddy as a teenager and kept her baby for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 224February 14, 2022 10:16 PM

Weeks ago I said you could tell she kept the baby because she knew something was up with Derek and Cal after she caught Derek giving her the evil eye. She did it on purpose.

No one agreed with me but it seems to be true.

R224 yup. Pretty much. She kept the baby to spite Cal.

by Anonymousreply 225February 14, 2022 10:38 PM

Jacob’s Australian accent comes out all the time. Idk how no one notices. I hear it come out all the time.

by Anonymousreply 226February 14, 2022 11:42 PM

Nate is terrifying - redemption my ass.

Loved Cassie screaming and carrying on like a lunatic while her mother and sister were so disgusted. Love Maddy.

Thought the stuff with Rue and her mom and sister was strong and so sad at the end. Ugh.

Jules is fine in small doses but I don’t find her that compelling to be honest.

This season is actually shaping up nicely.

by Anonymousreply 227February 14, 2022 11:43 PM

I think the small amount of screentime Jules has gotten this season is not what I would have expected for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 228February 14, 2022 11:50 PM

She’s had a good amount of screen time all season until these past couple episodes. 1-4 she was in them a lot. 5 was all about Rue. We saw her briefly, like everyone else minus Nate, who was 100% not included in the episode because Zendaya also Doesn’t wanna film with him.

Jules storyline was supposed to be with Nate initially.

by Anonymousreply 229February 14, 2022 11:53 PM

Hunter recently followed Jacob on social media again and supposedly they were seen talking and hugging around 2-3 weeks ago so maybe those two resolved whatever issues they had and we will get more Nate/Jules in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 230February 14, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote]Loved Cassie screaming and carrying on like a lunatic while her mother and sister were so disgusted. Love Maddy.

Along with Lexi, she's turned into the MVP of the season and she seems like the only character that's begun to grow/learn their lesson (though she's got a long way to go). As far as the real life actors go, all this refusal to film with others/petty bullshit when you're working on a zeitgeist TV show seems absolutely crazy. I guess I expect this from the others who've spent too much time reading social media about themselves, but I thought Zendaya would be above that shit.

I wonder if they keep Jules so bland is that anything else will be perceived as anti-trans; given our current climate, it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect that not all kids would be welcoming to Jules, someone would make a fuss about her being in the girls locker room, etc.

by Anonymousreply 231February 15, 2022 2:39 PM

I love how they do those long shots of Lexi peering around corners. It’s so 70s Columbo or McMillan and Wife.

by Anonymousreply 232February 15, 2022 3:23 PM

I love Suze. She is hysterical. I busted out laughing when she said Cassie needs an exorcism, or when she made Lexi hide the knives in the bushes, only for Cassie to use a corkscrew to try to slit her wrists. “A corkscrew ain’t gonna cut it” lol

by Anonymousreply 233February 15, 2022 3:29 PM

The actress who plays Rue’s mom is simply stunning. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 234February 15, 2022 3:30 PM

I feel bad for Gia and I feel she is so overlooked. This all can’t be easy on her but no one is really asking if she’s ok. At least Ali spoke to her a bit.

by Anonymousreply 235February 15, 2022 3:33 PM

The Cut (New York Magazine) is demanding Zendaya win awards for Euphoria season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 15, 2022 3:51 PM

The high note of this season really was the sequence where Cal and Derek fall in love. Everything about that sequence just fucking floored me. The fact that it was conceived by a straight man is mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 237February 15, 2022 4:00 PM

You don’t need to be gay to understand the idea of wanting someone you can’t really have.

by Anonymousreply 238February 15, 2022 4:01 PM

What exactly was the point of telling us Cal was addicted to eating pussy?

by Anonymousreply 239February 15, 2022 4:11 PM

I think it functioned to show that Derek got threatened by that. Didn't he tackle Cal aggressively during the wrestling practice right after he told him that?

by Anonymousreply 240February 15, 2022 5:32 PM

Cal was fucking her too. Derek didn't seem threatened by that.

by Anonymousreply 241February 15, 2022 6:08 PM

Some might say that eating pussy is way more intimate than just fucking. But, it was used as a way to show us the difference between them. Cal Is clearly bisexual, while Derrick is clearly gay. It’s letting the viewer know Cal isn’t GAY and forcing it, he genuinely loves women and men, while Derek, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 242February 15, 2022 6:26 PM

Zendaya, Queen of Runways, Queen of Films, Queen of TV… what can’t she do?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 15, 2022 9:21 PM

I love how Maude’s parents are always commenting on posts about her in Euphoria lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 15, 2022 10:37 PM

Also, I feel no one is noticing that something is going on with Faye. She’s lowkey up to something. That look said a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 15, 2022 10:42 PM

A lot about the Cal story doesn’t make sense. I hated the “I love eating pussy” comment. Why? Why was that necessary? It was fucking stupid. I wish they’d not fucked girls and only did once Cal’s dad suspected something.

by Anonymousreply 246February 15, 2022 11:57 PM

R246 nothing about what you said “doesn’t make sense”….

Anyone with half a brain understands why he said it.

by Anonymousreply 247February 15, 2022 11:58 PM

What I love about this show, is that in the darkest moments, they find the humor. I keep think about the episode where Rue is running away from being taken to the hospital, in the scene where she ends up at Lexi's house. It is both horrifying and hilarious at the same time. That's some good writing.

by Anonymousreply 248February 16, 2022 12:37 AM

^^ I loved the "vicious" dog in the first house she broke into, and how he just wanted her to pet his butt. Talk about breaking the tension.

That dog was so natural, I'm thinking it must be Zendaya's or Sam Levinson's in real life.

by Anonymousreply 249February 16, 2022 2:20 AM

The first time Zendaya won an Emmy, I felt like it should’ve gone to Jennifer Anniston instead. However, this past season of The Morning Show was just pitiful, and even if I think Zendaya’s performance is a bit hammy…Best Actress in a Drama Series is pretty much a lock for her.

Sydney Sweeney and Alanna Ubach deserve Best Supporting Actress new nominations…love every moment they’re on-screen, especially in shared scenes.

Anyway, I’ve given up on trying to understand Nate, and I’m losing interest in doing so. The character makes zero sense, other than to float in and out of scenes in a menacing manner.

by Anonymousreply 250February 16, 2022 5:04 PM

I think the young actress playing Rue's sister, Gia, has been phenomenal. It's too small a role in comparison to the others, but I think she deserves just as much Emmy attention.

Euphoria really excels in the casting of the smaller roles.

by Anonymousreply 251February 16, 2022 5:41 PM

Yes, Storm Reid has been great. I guess her performance just seems too subtle in a show filled with big personalities, but she’s a phenomenal actress.

by Anonymousreply 252February 16, 2022 6:14 PM

Storm Reid was in 12 Years a Slave.

by Anonymousreply 253February 16, 2022 6:17 PM

Storm Reid was in The Invisible Man.

And she is great but she’s not getting a nomination.

Zendaya is the only lead and I can see Sydney Sweeney getting in Supporting for this season.

Jacob better get ready to be upset a second time

by Anonymousreply 254February 16, 2022 6:29 PM

Now Storm Reid is 18, so they can use her more in season 3 if they want. She was a minor for the shooting of both these seasons so they could use her but so much in a show like this.

by Anonymousreply 255February 16, 2022 6:32 PM

A nomination for Sydney? For what? She has spent the entire season either in naked slut mode or crying//whining her ass off. That bizarre angry face she now uses is ridiculous. I'm not saying she isn't talented. If anything, she should have been nominated for the Cassie episode in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 256February 16, 2022 7:29 PM

I think Sydney deserved a nomination for The White Lotus more than this.

by Anonymousreply 257February 16, 2022 7:33 PM

I fucking hate Cassie. She is SO fucking whiny and spineless. Maybe Sydney Sweeney is doing a good job with her performance, but it's a performance of a one-note character.

by Anonymousreply 258February 16, 2022 7:48 PM

I like Angus Cloud who plays Fez and it's his first acting job. Impressive.

by Anonymousreply 259February 16, 2022 9:02 PM

Levinson seems to have an eye for talent. All the non-actors he casts end up doing well.

by Anonymousreply 260February 16, 2022 9:07 PM

Alexa Demie and Sam spoke about what would happen with the Jules video before filming and she wanted Maddie to end up giving Jules the tape which would make Nate look even worse for having it but Levinson decided it be best Nate give Jules the tape.

by Anonymousreply 261February 16, 2022 9:58 PM

I don't think it's accident Sydney Sweeney is doing magazine covers and interviews coming out right about now. She's definitely trying to show some distance between Cassie being an hysterical dickmatized teen and Sydney seemingly a well-adjusted, bright young adult.

by Anonymousreply 262February 16, 2022 10:07 PM

R262 she’s doing them because they’re being offered to her. And they’re now being offered to her because she’s become very popular because of the show. You don’t just “do” covers.

by Anonymousreply 263February 16, 2022 10:14 PM

r263, my implication is that she is going out of her way in those stories to discuss her production company plans, her philosophies on living, etc. She is trying to put it out there that she's not a vapid, hysterical teenager.

In an era where "brand" is king, especially with the youth, and especially with TV actors, Sweeney is trying to establish...she's an actor who makes acting choices. I think the more you find Cassie annoying, the better you think Sweeney is.

by Anonymousreply 264February 16, 2022 10:51 PM

It’s Sunday night viewership just keeps growing. 5.1 million on Sunday night alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 17, 2022 4:32 AM

SPOILER!!!!

We may be seeing Cal again in episode 8, the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 266February 17, 2022 7:19 PM

Did anyone else love the scenes between Cassie and her mom? I loved them. I wish we had more of them, actually. Suze’s reactions to Cassie are hysterical. Cassie had me laughing too, even if she’s not supposed to be funny lmao. Sydney is killing it.

The fact that you can tell Suze and Lexi don’t take Cassie seriously at all is even more funny. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 17, 2022 9:45 PM

[quote]We may be seeing Cal again in episode 8, the season finale.

Do you mean Derek? Cal is Eric Dane, Nate's father.

I hope they find someone hot if they bring back and older hot daddy for Derek. That said, Dane is 49 years old and looks it - hot, but looks 49. If he had Nate when he was a senior in high school, that would put him at 35-36 years old, not 49.

If they bring Derek back, I hope there is a hot sex scene. Apparently, rimming is the new hot homo sex scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 17, 2022 11:40 PM

He didn't have Nate when he was a senior in high school. He had Aaron, who's supposed to be 25-30.

by Anonymousreply 269February 17, 2022 11:42 PM

R268 not Derek. We haven’t met modern day Derek. Cal, who has been gone since episode 4 may be back for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 270February 17, 2022 11:43 PM

Aaron is 25. Nate is 17.

by Anonymousreply 271February 17, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]Cal, who has been gone since episode 4 may be back for the finale.

Well, like most guys who burst out of the closet when they're older, he's probably been out getting as much cock as possible for several episodes, so has been busy.

Look at the cockgobbler Aaron Schock. Once he came out, there wasn't a circuit party or sex party anywhere that he didn't attend.

by Anonymousreply 272February 17, 2022 11:47 PM

R268 do you watch the show? We’ve seen that Nate has an older brother numerous times. Aaron is around 25.

During Nate’s backstory in season 1 Rue’s narration tells us Aaron is a fuck-up, and that Cal doesn’t like Aaron because he has no “guts or brains or half a fucking clue”. And Nate feels the same exact way as his father about Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 273February 17, 2022 11:56 PM

Cal was never not getting all the ass he wants r272. Being married with kids never slowed him down.

by Anonymousreply 274February 17, 2022 11:58 PM

And we can also assume that Cal hates Aaron because his existence put a halt to the life Cal could have had, and came so tantalizingly close to having.

by Anonymousreply 275February 18, 2022 12:02 AM

why is it when they show gay males and nude males the show is exciting but when they switch to Rue high on drugs, its boring.

by Anonymousreply 276February 18, 2022 12:05 AM

I don’t find it boring and they do an amazing job at depicting a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 277February 18, 2022 12:15 AM

they're gonna have to start showing more male hole for equal measure

by Anonymousreply 278February 19, 2022 2:14 AM

Equal measure to what?

by Anonymousreply 279February 19, 2022 5:05 AM

BEHIND THE SCENES!!!

“Production on ‘EUPHORIA’ Season 2 reportedly had “gruelingly long workdays that could stretch anywhere from 15 to 17 hours.

Sam Levinson rarely came to set with a shot list which often factored into the long set days.”

by Anonymousreply 280February 19, 2022 6:56 AM

[Quote] Sam Levinson rarely came to set with a shot list which often factored into the long set days.”

Sounds like a real professional.

by Anonymousreply 281February 19, 2022 10:21 AM

The set of Euphoria sounds INSANE. They have shit like a transgender consultant and an intimacy coordinator…

Meanwhile, the workdays are long and petty grievances are allowed to dictate plotlines and character development.

by Anonymousreply 282February 19, 2022 10:49 AM

Who cares if they have a transgender consultant and an intimacy coordinator? That’s because one of their stars is Trans and they want no discrimination or ignorance being displayed, as well as someone who will help make sure Jules is believable.

Intimacy is for the many “intimate” shots this show has. Which is too many, imho.

by Anonymousreply 283February 19, 2022 1:23 PM

From an article -

Sources also told The Daily Beast that Ferreira was far from the only one who had issues with the season’s production. One of the main bones of contention were the gruelingly long workdays that could stretch anywhere from 15 to 17 hours. Sources detailed how Levinson rarely came to set with a shot list—a detailed account of every camera shot the director wants during scenes and helps keep the production running smoothly—which often factored into the long set days.

Shooting the premiere’s New Year’s Eve party scene was particularly hellish, sources claimed, as the filming stretched out for over a week and only occurred at night. Even some of the cast noted it was particularly rough. Apatow, the daughter of actress Leslie Mann and filmmaker Judd Apatow, said they were essentially shooting from dusk to dawn. “We shot all night, so we would start at 6pm and go until whenever the sun would rise—5am—and we were so tired,” she told Thrillist. “We were trying so hard to stay awake!”

Elordi was less diplomatic. “The thing is, we do it for so long,” he said. “We shot that party for over a week, so very quickly it’s like being in Hell. It’s like being in a party that you don’t want to be in. At all. And you can’t wait [to leave].”

by Anonymousreply 284February 19, 2022 1:47 PM

R283, a transgender consultant and intimacy coordinator are significant because they would lead one to believe the set is an emotionally healthy and nurturing environment. Instead, it sounds very, very toxic based on a lot of reports.

by Anonymousreply 285February 19, 2022 2:04 PM

R285 they’re there for Levinson more than anything else. He wants to make sure the show feels real and that he isn’t doing a disservice when it comes to intimate scenes or Jules. But I’m sure it’s also for image.

by Anonymousreply 286February 19, 2022 2:36 PM

Both consultants are there in response to insurance concerns ... to protect against possible legal action. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 287February 19, 2022 6:40 PM

SEMI-SPOILER

You will see Cal Jacobs in the season finale (episode 8), but what happens gives Nate his (almost) full redemption arc.

There is a very violent scene and we see the true nature of stuff two characters do when Rue is not around.

I will leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 288February 20, 2022 1:39 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 289February 20, 2022 2:28 AM

You want to be a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 290February 20, 2022 2:40 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 291February 20, 2022 2:53 AM

The Nate redemption shit is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 292February 20, 2022 3:05 AM

R292 you will truly be sick of it once the finale airs….

by Anonymousreply 293February 20, 2022 3:07 AM

Euphoria night!!! So excited

by Anonymousreply 294February 20, 2022 9:18 AM

[quote]The Nate redemption shit is so tiresome.

I certainly didn't get any sense of his redemption from the latest episode. Threatening to kill your ex-girlfriend and then yourself in front of her doesn't engender any sympathy in me. Sam Levinson referred to Nate's "demented psychology" in his comments after the show, so there would be a long way to go to make Nate "normal."

by Anonymousreply 295February 20, 2022 12:29 PM

Was talking about what our BTS friend said is coming in the finale R295.

I agree with you that he’s still violent and horrible but part of me wonders if the young people watching this show found the last scene where Nate picks up Cassie and tells her he loves her romantic. It’s very mixed messages with Nate this season - especially if you’re some high school girl or gayling watching and thinking Elordi is so hot. Also his scene with Jules in the car being such a “good person” giving her the disc.

by Anonymousreply 296February 20, 2022 1:03 PM

R296 yes. Many did and many seem to be rooting for them.

There are also people admitting they doing the gun scene hot and were turned on by it.

by Anonymousreply 297February 20, 2022 1:34 PM

There are tons of Nate defenders on social media. The haters are much louder, but there are a lot of people who defend him. Not surprising.

The only SPOILER!!! I will give you is ….

The Rue and Laurie storyline isn’t resolved this season. They’re continuing that story next season.

by Anonymousreply 298February 20, 2022 1:39 PM

It was weird to me that nobody addressed Jules and Rue's mom flushing $10k of drugs down the toilet without anyone commenting on how Rue was on the hook for that money. I can't believe Rue herself didn't use that to manipulate, like, oh my god YOU JUST KILLED ME, or something.

I mean, you saw it in her eyes when they told her what happened to the suitcase, but that was the last of it. Not even a hint this episode that she was anxious about that at all.

by Anonymousreply 299February 20, 2022 3:21 PM

Because she’s going through withdrawals as her body cleans itself out. She’s in too much pain and fog to worry or feel anxious about that. We see her finally getting better but it probably hasn’t hit her yet.

by Anonymousreply 300February 20, 2022 3:23 PM

I’m disappointed they aren’t going to make Nate gay.

by Anonymousreply 301February 20, 2022 4:57 PM

Nate was never gay.

by Anonymousreply 302February 20, 2022 5:46 PM

Nate seemed a little gay when he was catfishing Jules season 1.

by Anonymousreply 303February 20, 2022 8:47 PM

a little gay? The guys had TONS of cock on his phone

by Anonymousreply 304February 20, 2022 8:49 PM

Anyone with half a brain knows why he had those pics but you all love (and choose) to ignore the context.

by Anonymousreply 305February 20, 2022 8:50 PM

Aww Javon Walton (Ashtray) is so adorable in real life! He’s 15 now (around 12 when he filmed season 1) but playing the same age as he was in season 1. He’s bubbly and seems sweet, and a bit fem. Is he a gayling? Maybe he’s a better actor than we thought

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 20, 2022 10:28 PM

I don’t think Javon is a gayling. Not to stereotype, but he’s into rap, boxing, and Will Farrell movies. At the same time, the one person he’d most like to share a scene with is Jacob Elordi…

by Anonymousreply 307February 20, 2022 10:46 PM

You can like those things and be gay r307 lol

by Anonymousreply 308February 20, 2022 10:49 PM

Since the gun incident, I don't think Maddy will be bothering Cassie anymore.

by Anonymousreply 309February 20, 2022 11:49 PM

R309 there’s a scene in the trailer for this week of her trying to get a door open screaming open the door Cassie!

by Anonymousreply 310February 20, 2022 11:57 PM

It’s time!!!! Screaming.

by Anonymousreply 311February 21, 2022 1:04 AM

Oh, this is going to be good! “Is this fucking play about us?” Kat’s reaction was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 312February 21, 2022 1:07 AM

One unbelievable thing about this episode is the fact that all the cool kids are attending a school play. The only people who would attend our high school’s plays were parents and local pedos.

by Anonymousreply 313February 21, 2022 1:11 AM

R313 it’s because it’s Lexi’s play. Otherwise they wouldn’t go.

by Anonymousreply 314February 21, 2022 1:23 AM

There was too long of a break between seasons 1 and 2. I can’t think of what all the drama surrounding Fez is to save my life! And how are Fay and her boyfriend involved? I like Fez and Ashtray, but their storyline is confusing AF.

by Anonymousreply 315February 21, 2022 1:30 AM

R315 you have to be trolling. 100%.

Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 316February 21, 2022 1:34 AM

Not trolling, but I looked up a few summaries. I’m sorry, but that storyline was so forgettable for me.

by Anonymousreply 317February 21, 2022 1:39 AM

R317 you are trolling. You’ve been all over these threads and NOW claim you can’t remember anything. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 318February 21, 2022 1:48 AM

Dicks Pix please.

by Anonymousreply 319February 21, 2022 1:51 AM

LMAO, I’ve clearly touched a nerve. Try this on for size: Zendaya can’t act for shit. I basically live for the subplots that have little to do with her. Man, get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 320February 21, 2022 1:51 AM

The “Hero” scene proves DLers aren’t the only ones who think Nate is gay 🤣

by Anonymousreply 321February 21, 2022 1:53 AM

R320 you didn’t touch a nerve. You’re just full of shit. You’re literally all over all the threads for this show yet NOW, on episode 7, claim you don’t remember, despite discussing those same events before. Make up your fucking mind

by Anonymousreply 322February 21, 2022 1:54 AM

Season Finale already next week. Don't kill off Fez you fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 323February 21, 2022 2:04 AM

R322, I touched a nerve. You’re going ballistic because I forgot a lot of Fez’s storyline. Funny how you point out I’m all over this thread, yet you don’t acknowledge I haven’t said shit about Fez until I asked for a refresher on his season 1 storyline.

I don’t get people who would rather attack someone for asking a question before they even consider being kind. This is mostly a fun thread where people can freely post their thoughts, but there are clearly a few unhinged psychos who try their damndest to gate keep and dictate how the show should be watched.

Regardless, I shall continue posting and commenting…even if it pisses off our resident dictator.

by Anonymousreply 324February 21, 2022 2:11 AM

Anyway, I don’t have time for people who discuss a show on 3+ threads then claim they “don’t remember” the same events they’ve been discussing. At least be a good troll.

by Anonymousreply 325February 21, 2022 2:16 AM

Faye's lips make her look like a human blow up doll.

by Anonymousreply 326February 21, 2022 2:17 AM

R321 Lexi wrote the play. She’s saying he’s secretly gay. No they.

by Anonymousreply 327February 21, 2022 2:21 AM

So it's obvious BTS guy is talking about Cal and Nate when he talks about how in the finale we see what 2 characters were really doing when not filtered through the lens and narration of Rue. And that will help Nate's redemption arc.

by Anonymousreply 328February 21, 2022 2:22 AM

I don't want spoilers but was Nate's nightmare a real memory or...?

by Anonymousreply 329February 21, 2022 2:23 AM

Sydney Sweeney is getting an Emmy nomination for this season. This episode sealed the deal.

by Anonymousreply 330February 21, 2022 2:25 AM

I just don’t care about all the characters anymore. It’s become tedious.

by Anonymousreply 331February 21, 2022 2:25 AM

SPOILER!!!!

R329 you’re seeing the beginning of Nate’s full redemption. They’re pinning everything wrong with Nate and all the bad he’s done on daddy. That is all I will say.

by Anonymousreply 332February 21, 2022 2:27 AM

PS Elordi would only come back if his character was redeemed. Levinson obliged to make his male star happy.

by Anonymousreply 333February 21, 2022 2:28 AM

That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 334February 21, 2022 2:28 AM

What on earth makes you think Cal could have raped Nate r329?

But I'm happy the show went there, to me it was always left unsaid with Nate watching sex tapes of his dad since he was child is how Of course he has intrusive thoughts about his Dad having sex with him, how could he not.

by Anonymousreply 335February 21, 2022 2:30 AM

R329, there’s been enough foreshadowing to indicate Nate’s nightmare was based on something that actually happened. When his mom was talking to him in the last episode she indicated something happened to him when he was 9 that changed him. I don’t think it was merely because he found some videos of his dad.

Also, while people here and elsewhere might cling to him being gay, it’s more likely sexual abuses has resulted in him just being confused. He’s obsessed with Maddie and pursuing Cassie, but in the mirror scene he was approached by Jules…who was thrown down on the bed before morphing into Nate.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if he’s transgender and has adopted a toxically masculine persona to hide his true feelings.

by Anonymousreply 336February 21, 2022 2:31 AM

Agree r330. Obviously Zendaya will get nominated again and I fully expect Sydney Sweeney will join her this go round.

by Anonymousreply 337February 21, 2022 2:32 AM

Sweeney would be in supporting category r337

by Anonymousreply 338February 21, 2022 2:33 AM

Cal is not a monster, fucking christ listen to yourself r336. Even the shows narration when it called him a pedo clarified that he was not actually a pedo.

His mom was obviously referring to when he found his Dad's sex tapes. You know the big event that we saw happen when Nate has his flashback episode.

You are really reaching trying to say Cal raped his 9 year old son.

by Anonymousreply 339February 21, 2022 2:35 AM

I never thought Cal abused Nate, but the scene was odd. Maybe Nate seeing the videos and his dad showing (sexual) affection to other young men, when all Nate got was hate and disdain maybe warped his normal desire for paternal love and affection?

by Anonymousreply 340February 21, 2022 2:35 AM

Sydney Sweeney will be nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for sure…but I also think Jacob Elordi will score a nomination for Best Supporting Actor. I don’t think he’s doing anything exceptional, but his performance has stood out and it’s clear he’s being promoted as the next big thing.

By the way, loved Suze channeling Regina George’s mom (from Mean Girls). It was sweet she was so genuinely proud of Lexi from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 341February 21, 2022 2:36 AM

R339 his mother still doesn’t know about the tapes. So no, she wasn’t referring to that. She was asking if dad ever touched him without asking.

by Anonymousreply 342February 21, 2022 2:37 AM

To me the scene was obvious not odd.

It is literally impossible that someone has been watching their Dad have sex since they were 9 and not have fucked up intrusive sexual thoughts about their Dad.

by Anonymousreply 343February 21, 2022 2:38 AM

Of course she doesn't know (as far as we are aware) r339, but the audience knows. It was clear exposition to the audience that Nate was a relatively normal kid prior to him finding his Dad's tapes and that changed eveything.

by Anonymousreply 344February 21, 2022 2:42 AM

R341 hopefully. He was very upset when he didn’t get the nomination for season 1. He felt a redemption story would give him better odds at getting that Emmy, plus he doesn’t like playing such an evil character and fears people will struggle to separated the character from the actor.

Cal was/is used as a plot device for Nate, nothing more. The only reason we got a Cal backstory was to show what he’s secretly longed for and push that story further ahead, and in the next episode there will be an outcome. I won’t spoil it.

SPOILER!!!

Maddy and Cassie finally have a physical altercation in the finale, like many viewers have been wanting.

by Anonymousreply 345February 21, 2022 2:44 AM

God I hope the show does a better job of protecting spoiler leaks next season. It's been very annoying to come to this discussion thread and read as much about this damn leaks than the episodes themselves.

Because of course people who seek spoilers are oddly very insistent that everyone else gets spoiled too.

by Anonymousreply 346February 21, 2022 2:46 AM

Years of watching soap operas have conditioned me to expect redemption arcs, but Cal highlights the dangers of going down that path. So much work was done to establish he’s not a good person, but because he looked at his best friend in high school with puppy dog eyes and danced to Never Tear Us Apart, he’s now viewed as incapable of having done anything to Nate as a child. Disregard the fact he taped himself having sex with a high schooler among others, and he’s verbally and emotionally abusive to his wife and children…

by Anonymousreply 347February 21, 2022 2:48 AM

Jules told him he she was 22 r347. Cal is far from a saint but again the shows own narration emphasized he wasn't a pedo. You wouldn't write in that line if they wanted him to be a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 348February 21, 2022 2:52 AM

I don't understand all the hype around Sydney Sweeney. Her character is so basic and shallow... a lot of pretty outfits, closeup facial expressions, and a hot topless body. She fucks her friend's ex and somehow this plot line is mentioned every episode and warrants a 200% increase in screentime. How is this Emmy worthy? I thought her character in White Lotus was far superior to anything she's done in Euphoria.

Also interesting to note that Sweeney's rise comes at the expense of Barbie Ferreira. Shouldn't there have been more focus on Kat this episode since her ex-boyfriend is the star of the play?

by Anonymousreply 349February 21, 2022 2:55 AM

I think Sydney Sweeny has done a great job selling what has been written for her r349. Honestly the writing for her character has been a bit crazy, but I have not scene a false note in her scenes. And given how popular the show is among the people who will be voting it seems inevitable.

I'm less sure on Elordi, so far I think he has done better work in Season 1. But it's possible again due to the show being popular among voters and now he is more of a name.

by Anonymousreply 350February 21, 2022 3:03 AM

I fundamentally agree, R349…I guess the hype is because the character has had some pretty epic meltdowns this season. As you note, I also thought she was better in White Lotus. And since White Lotus and Season 2 of Euphoria will be eligible for next years Emmys, I think Sydney will get a nomination for one in order to recognize her work in both.

Ethan has flown under the radar, but he was surprisingly the stand-out of the episode. The character of Kate has been butchered beyond recognition and is almost useless at this point, but I wonder how she now views Ethan.

by Anonymousreply 351February 21, 2022 3:07 AM

Elordi’s work in season 1 was a million times better than this season. He should have stuck with being the villain instead of wanting to look good. His character is kinda ruined.

by Anonymousreply 352February 21, 2022 3:07 AM

White Lotus is a comedy. Euphoria isn’t. Whether she’s better in the former doesn’t matter because her nomination for Euphoria would be a different category than it is for White Lotus.

by Anonymousreply 353February 21, 2022 3:08 AM

[Quote]Ethan has flown under the radar, but he was surprisingly the stand-out of the episode.

Yes, I was happy for the actor that he was given so much screen time this episode. He did a great job. Though it does sum it up that he needed to get away from Kat so he could have finally have screen time lol.

by Anonymousreply 354February 21, 2022 3:13 AM

R354 hope Lexi and him become a thing instead of her and Fez, even if I like Fez.

by Anonymousreply 355February 21, 2022 3:19 AM

The finale is gonna be hard to watch. What happens at the Fezco house is a lot.

by Anonymousreply 356February 21, 2022 3:24 AM

Ugh…I think I’ve been bracing for Fez to die all season, but I’m particularly worried about Ashtray. I’m hoping any carnage is restricted to Fay and her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 357February 21, 2022 3:27 AM

I like Faye. She won’t help her boyfriend.

Season Finale promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 21, 2022 3:37 AM

Was this a realistic high school play? No.

Was I thrilled watching weedy Ethan and a bunch of theater kids freak-dance to some CD track version of I Need a Hero while the audience hooted and hollered? YES.

by Anonymousreply 359February 21, 2022 3:47 AM

R359 best part of the episode, and seeing Nate’s reaction was great. He looked like he was ready to kill someone, and then dumped Cassie because it was her sister who did it? Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 360February 21, 2022 3:49 AM

That whole final scene between Cassie and Nate in the hall was terrific and kind of scary. Cassie channeled Carrie White in that moment. Sydney is phenomenal

by Anonymousreply 361February 21, 2022 3:58 AM

I hope they don't imply that Cal molested Nate. It would be incredibly manipulative for them to have brought us the brink of empathizing with him a bit by revealing a tender backstory only to irrevocably immolate his character by defining him as a child molester. Not to mention that would be incredibly problematic given that he's the only male character on the show that's the closest to being gay (I realize he's likely bisexual and a definite damaged creep, but the only real glimpses of male homosexuality on this show has been through the lens of his character) that correlation is dangerous and retrograde.

by Anonymousreply 362February 21, 2022 3:59 AM

I really felt the absence of Kat from the season in this episode. The other lead characters in the play have all had star turns this season, and Kat’s ex was practically a one-man show, but she just had a few reaction shots and some interstitial bit that looked like it came from season one.

by Anonymousreply 363February 21, 2022 4:01 AM

R362 I agree about it being dangerous. Gay men still have a stigma attached to them when it comes to little boys, with homophobic trash believing and teaching we want their boys and we molest Boys. Taking the closeted man and having him been molesting his son is awful

by Anonymousreply 364February 21, 2022 4:01 AM

I remember thinking Sydney Sweeney was a standout in her little part in "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood." Just something about her. That was the first time I saw her onscreen, and I had to look her up.

by Anonymousreply 365February 21, 2022 4:02 AM

R363 Barbie Ferreira did that to herself by going head to head with Sam Levinson. She also stormed off set more than once, on top of injuring herself during a scene. Levinson is a petty Betty. He’s only willing to take certain peoples shit. She’s not high on his rankings.

by Anonymousreply 366February 21, 2022 4:03 AM

r365, I agree. There's something very fleshy about her acting and it's not just her breasts. I think she has a natural ability to convey vulnerable sensuality that really draws viewers in. She's a real talent.

by Anonymousreply 367February 21, 2022 4:15 AM

[quote]I just don’t care about all the characters anymore. It’s become tedious.

I honestly don't get the hype about this show and it has zero to do with demographics.

It's not that the acting is bad, but the series is repetitious. This is yet another series where the acting transcends the shitty scripts. Young people with self-created drama, wow, what an original concept. There are enough crazy adults with self-created drama. Is that all these young people think about, sex and drugs? Seriously?

None of the characters seem to have any goals, no ambition either, nothing. Nothing but navel gazing. Judd Apatow's daughter Maude's character, with her biographical school play, seems to have a goal in life.

With most teens, or even young people in their 20s, there's not this absurd level of over-the-top drama. In the past ,and even these days, most young people are not this ridiculous and neurotic.

by Anonymousreply 368February 21, 2022 4:36 AM

btw, for you Fez fans, Angus Cloud just finished a film called, IIRC, The Line.

by Anonymousreply 369February 21, 2022 4:37 AM

I feel like this episode sorta jumped the shark for me. It's not JUST that the "play" is horribly unrealistic in every possible way... NO high school has production standards that high, budgets that big, or would let a student put on a play they wrote like that without tons of over-sight and censorship. That final number would NEVER be done... you couldn't find enough guys that looked that good, let alone were willing to dance like that. It was all so ridiculously over-the-top that it completely destroyed any sense of "suspension of disbelief". And honestly, I can't believe nobody else is really commenting on this. The whole "let's put on a play and air all my friends' dirty laundry" thing is ... ridiculous. Lazy. Trope-y.

And it looks like the play goes on into the finale episode too. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 370February 21, 2022 5:44 AM

R370 If you didn't figure all that out by the Episode 1, Season 2, why are you still watching?

by Anonymousreply 371February 21, 2022 6:09 AM

I hope Sam Levinson sticks the landing for the finale, because the set up for it tonight was pretty amazing. The way the episode weaved flashbacks in with the play while also pushing the present day story forward was done really well.

Was any of that high school play possible in real life? Nope. Does that make it bad? Nah.

Nate's dream seemed more of a reflection of his sexual confusion than him remembering something that happened. Watching his father's videos at a young age warped his perception of his father and his views on sexuality. This was the change his mother mentioned in the last episode. Cal didn't abuse him, but Nate seeing the videos planted the idea in his head.

Unlike a lot of other people, I'm indifferent to Fez as a character. The scenes at his house this week imply he could be killed, but that seems like misdirection. Ashtray seems more likely to die.

by Anonymousreply 372February 21, 2022 6:43 AM

I loved how the end "humiliation of Nate" scene of the play was basically a gift from Lexi to her hurt friend Maddy.

The Cal on Nate scene was a symbolic dream showing Cal's power over him, mentally NOT physically. Cal's not a pedo, I imagine he just likes young guys that remind him of his and Derek's young gay selves that he didn't get to experience to fruition. I want to see grown up Derek.

Even with limited screen time, Alanna Ubach is killing it as Suze. Hilarious.

It's a bummer that Barbie and Levinson clashed because I wanted to see more of her life as the "fat girl" in the world of this show. She is a character with potential to really flesh out, so to speak.

Jules has been underused this season other than reacting to Rue she didn't have much of an outside life.

Yes, kill off Faye and her boyfriend not Fez or Ashtray. Although, a Fez death could cause a relapse for Rue which create drama even if a bit repetitive. I had thought if Fez died it would be at the hands of Laurie as he brought Rue to her and, so far, looks to be getting screwed out of the drugs, money and/or Rue prostituting owed her.

Bring on Season 3!!!!

by Anonymousreply 373February 21, 2022 7:00 AM

[Quote] I hope Sam Levinson sticks the landing for the finale,

Well the finale for season one was a let down. That musical number was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 374February 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Don’t remind us, R374! That music video or whatever in the season 1 finale was lame.

Also, is Angus Cloud a trained actor capable of other work? He works as Fez, but I got the impression he’s playing himself…something about his performance seems amateurish.

by Anonymousreply 375February 21, 2022 7:42 AM

If Nate is or isn’t gay, the locker room scene would be offensive, or as Nate said, homophobic. Was Lexi calling him out? Was it because Maddy told her about all the dick pics on his phone? Do we know what that scene was supposed to say about Nate, or why he called it homophobic? I did like the episode. Was it realistic? No, it was television. But it was effective.

by Anonymousreply 376February 21, 2022 9:08 AM

I just watched the Lexi’s play episode. Honestly, it feels retrograde to me like something from the 80s or 90s., I can’t shake two things regardless of how it’s being spun by defenders :

- the tired trope that a closeted gay man = pedo whether it happened or is just an illusion.

- the best revenge is to accuse someone of being gay. What could be worse?

by Anonymousreply 377February 21, 2022 9:38 AM

That’s how I feel, R377.

by Anonymousreply 378February 21, 2022 9:49 AM

R376 even a child could figure out what Lexi was saying kiddo. Get a grip. It wasn’t that deep

by Anonymousreply 379February 21, 2022 10:51 AM

[quote] So much work was done to establish (Cal's) not a good person, but because he looked at his best friend in high school with puppy dog eyes and danced to Never Tear Us Apart, he’s now viewed as incapable of having done anything to Nate as a child.

Any viewer who now feels that way should ask themselves why they're so easily manipulated. It doesn't bode well for their personal lives.

by Anonymousreply 380February 21, 2022 11:54 AM

[Quote]- the best revenge is to accuse someone of being gay. What could be worse?

But Sam very smartly had Nate defend himself by pointing out it was homophobic so I didn't mind. That was addressed in show.

by Anonymousreply 381February 21, 2022 12:14 PM

It flat out makes no sense. Lexi’s play is honest and sensitive and truthful. Then out of nowhere comes this hateful, homophobic parody of toxic masculinity that serves no purpose to her play but is wedged in for the sole purpose to trigger Nate.

Is there anything more cliche than the play/movie that hits too close to home and causes an audience member to leave their seat. And since everything in Euphoria has to be so extra, we get two people driven from the theater by the “brilliance” of the piece.

The Tarantino generation are completely unable to differentiate the difference between gratuitous and sublime. Nuance is completely lost on troglodytes like Levinson and his clearly emotionally arrested cast.

by Anonymousreply 382February 21, 2022 12:35 PM

Don’t be such a cunt, 379.

by Anonymousreply 383February 21, 2022 12:45 PM

R383, I can’t even see what that poster said because I have them blocked, but I’m sure it was unnecessarily cunty. That particular poster is seriously unhinged and will attack anyone who dares to offer their thoughts on a fictional show.

by Anonymousreply 384February 21, 2022 12:55 PM

I thought the “Holding Out for a Hero” scene was excellent - this is a play written by a teenager, albeit one of the more literary ones in the school, but it makes sense that it was over broad and missed its mark. Lexi was attempting irony in showing that the whole school’s worship of the jocks’ physicality, and their self-worship, is homoerotic, even though their meathead attitudes make then vulnerable to any hint of homoeroticism. But Nate was right too, because Lexi leaned on knowing the audience would find the homoeroticism funny, worthy of mocking. (Ethan playing his part covered in glory as a sincere triumph was excellent.)

It was especially complicated because of the rumors about Nate and his dick pics, but I don’t know if Lexi was specifically targeting that? That wouldn’t seem like her character…

And of course it’s all tangled up with Nate’s insecurities and confusion around his father. That scene, I don’t think was intended to suggest abuse. Nate learned about sex, what men want from sex, and what love or lust looks like to his dad by watching his father’s videos, that’s the lens through which Nate sees sex. It’s left him confused about what he wants and what his father wants as a man in the world, how Nate is supposed to he, what his father wants Nate to be, how he’s supposed to be a man like his father.

by Anonymousreply 385February 21, 2022 1:03 PM

That’s any interesting take, R382. If anything, I think this episode established Lexi isn’t some sweet and virtuous angel who is unfailingly kind. She was downright cruel to the cast and crew of the play, and made it clear she wanted to be the star for once. Not even the initial lukewarm response, or seeing Fez’s empty seat distracted her from going on with the show.

I thought it was ridiculous the observation came from Nate of all people, but the dance number WAS homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 386February 21, 2022 1:03 PM

[Quote]It flat out makes no sense. Lexi’s play is honest and sensitive and truthful. Then out of nowhere comes this hateful, homophobic parody of toxic masculinity that serves no purpose to her play but is wedged in for the sole purpose to trigger Nate.

To me it makes sense as Lexi hates Nate r382. Nate has hurt Fez, Cassie, Maddie, everyone that she cares about. It doesn't surprise me she would want to try to hurt and embarrass him in the play.

by Anonymousreply 387February 21, 2022 1:14 PM

I'm glad that the show was self-aware enough to know that the all-male dance number could be perceived as homophobic, even if it was mostly tongue-in-cheek satire of high school male jock worship. That was a good save on Levinson's part.

by Anonymousreply 388February 21, 2022 1:18 PM

I wasn't totally happy with this episode, and felt about it the way I felt about the first season finale. I wish that we had seen what Lexie's play would have actually been like, and used the version we saw as Lexie's fantasy about it. It was so far off reality that it pulled me out of the show. That said, the real scenes were fantastic, including the one with Rue and her mother, and the childhood scenes. And of course my favorite was Suze screaming in the audience. I've started to watch Inventing Anna, which tries to be so edgy and smart, and it kind of sucks and shows, even with some episodes that doesn't quite work as well, that Euphoria is one of the best and most surprising shows on TV today.

by Anonymousreply 389February 21, 2022 1:46 PM

[Quote] that Euphoria is one of the best and most surprising shows on TV today.

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 390February 21, 2022 1:49 PM

[Quote]I've started to watch Inventing Anna, which tries to be so edgy and smart, and it kind of sucks a

Inventing Anna was definitely a disappointment. But it is a Shonda Rhimes production and those gave never been my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 391February 21, 2022 1:55 PM

I hope that the actor playing Ethan has a long and successful career because he is wonderful. I read the Hero scene as homophobic and upsetting—like being gay is the BIGGEST INSULT— but people have me feeling like I interpreted in wrong. I miss Season 1 Kat. Either Fez, Ashtray or both will die next episode. There aren’t happy endings in this show.

by Anonymousreply 392February 21, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote] I hope that the actor playing Ethan has a long and successful career because he is wonderful.

He reminds me of Andrew McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 393February 21, 2022 2:13 PM

Shockingly for a young actor in this era Austin Abrams doesn't appear to have any social media as far as I can see. Which makes me like him more even though his agent must hate that.

by Anonymousreply 394February 21, 2022 2:28 PM

I also thought that the stupid dance number was homophobic. Lexi wasn't spilling tea about the dick pics on his phone she was just calling him gay because she doesn't like him? And in such an over the top and one-note way. It was fucked up. And then it was funny how Nate was the one that said it was homophobic because that's what I was thinking the whole time.

Sydney Sweeney is truly a mediocre actress and it's so annoying how so many people act like she's incredible. None of the young cast is great except for Jacob Elordi, imo. Barbie Ferreira (Kat) is better than Alexa Demie, Sydney Sweeney, AND Zendaya. The takes I see from the straights on this show are truly crazy and make me wonder if we are all watching the same show. I honestly don't know why I keep watching this shit because it's so frustrating to watch the scenes meander around and nothing happens in the plot. I hope this dip in quality is because Sam Levinson is putting his efforts towards his new show The Idol. That being said, I kind of think Sam might be the new Ryan Murphy. His new show seems like it has a shitty cast with The Weeknd, Lily-Rose Depp, and Troye Sivan, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 395February 21, 2022 2:37 PM

This latest episode of Euphoria is so bad. What happened??? When did the show go from reality of addiction and the struggle towards self identity to “Glee but raunchier”?? The fck??

by Anonymousreply 396February 21, 2022 2:40 PM

I must be missing something. First, I don't see anything special about Jacob Elordi. I find him flat and one note and not at all interesting to watch. And not particularly attractive for all he's considered the heart throb of the show. His face reminds me of a Neanderthal. His hulking over the rest of the cast is awkward, although I guess it works since Nate is an aggressive psycho. Which brings me to my next point. If this is Nate's 'redemption arc' because diva Elordi demanded it, - well it's not working for me. Jacob brings zero warmth, nuance, charisma or anything to root for the character, even in a damaged anti hero type way. He's still a psycho villain to me.

It's a shame the show revolves around Zendaya and Rue because I find her scenes and character a total bore. The show always picks up when the focus is away from her and her hammy acting.

by Anonymousreply 397February 21, 2022 2:47 PM

Okay, like the other guy that got yelled at upthread, I have no clue what's going on with Fez, Fish-lips girl, and whoever that skeezy guy is. I literally have no clue who that character is. I've just totally forgotten, apparently. So there was all this ... "subtext"? ... going on between these characters, and I have no idea what's going on. Can someone give me a summary of that entire plot thread without yelling at me that I clearly already know, because I don't?

by Anonymousreply 398February 21, 2022 2:53 PM

I believe the boyfriend of Fish-Lips is working with the police in some way.

by Anonymousreply 399February 21, 2022 2:55 PM

It would have been funny if one of the characters in the audience made some sort of cheeky reference about the Theater department's HUGE budget. Some acknowledgement that a production this sophisticated would have cost a mint, but I suppose as viewers we're not supposed to concern ourselves with those kind of technicalities. Despite the implausibility of it all, I thought it was a great episode that packed a lot in in a really efficient and revealing way. From a storytelling POV, I think it really succeeded with what it set out to accomplish.

by Anonymousreply 400February 21, 2022 2:56 PM

Faye’s lips are repulsive and hideous. Why was that person chosen for this role and when did it become acceptable or attractive to have lips like that? She is horrible to look at.

by Anonymousreply 401February 21, 2022 2:58 PM

I thought the episode was so ridiculous it veered straight into silly. I was rolling my eyes throughout that final performance. Just asinine. Like any HIGH SCHOOL would let a play feature a giant cock-and-balls, and dudes humping all over each other in graphic sexual positions, while the parents just laughed and applauded. There'd be fucking LAWSUITS.

by Anonymousreply 402February 21, 2022 2:58 PM

Fez and Ashtray (really Ashtray I suppose) murdered a drug dealer named Mouse in the season premiere r398. We then say Custer earlier this season said his baby momma was asking around about whay happened to Mouse. Then we see him tell Faye that the cops came to him, and that he is cooperating with them to help them charge Fez and Ashtray for the murder.

At least this is my memory of everything.

by Anonymousreply 403February 21, 2022 2:59 PM

R401, she is literally a porn star. She probably caught the casting director's attention because she starred as "Cassie" in a porn video inspired by Euphoria. If you look up old pictures of her she used to have a completely different face and she is also now clearly anorexic in addition to her disfigured face.

by Anonymousreply 404February 21, 2022 3:08 PM

He does have an Andrew McCarthy-ish vibe! Funny how he flew under the radar for nearly 2 whole seasons, but most reactions agree the actor who plays Ethan stole the show last night.

by Anonymousreply 405February 21, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]Then we see him tell Faye that the cops came to him, and that he is cooperating with them to help them charge Fez and Ashtray for the murder.

This part of the story reminded me of The Wire, only the cops would shrug their shoulders over the loss of a gross creep like Mouse & marvel that an apparently dimwitted guy like Fez got the better of him. I think the more pertinent murder is the one Fez committed to recoup the $$ after the raid (before Mouse). A wealthy person's murder is one the cops would have to pay attention to

by Anonymousreply 406February 21, 2022 3:12 PM

Most of the 'fans' here wouldn't give a toss about Nate if he was some ugly schlub.

In general, so much fandom is about the performer's physical attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 407February 21, 2022 3:13 PM

I don't think Fez murdered the rich doctor dealer. Just beat him severely.

by Anonymousreply 408February 21, 2022 3:17 PM

Well duh r407. Were you born yesterday? Yes, looks matter a lot in the world. We all know that.

by Anonymousreply 409February 21, 2022 3:29 PM

Wow. You’ve stooped to a new low when you use numerous accounts to have a conversation with yourself about a fucking tv show. It’s a TV show. And you’re here replying to yourself to agree with yourself. This has to be serious mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 410February 21, 2022 3:34 PM

The musical wasn’t realistic. Ok? Most modern teen shows have unrealistic plays/shows/musicals. This is nothing new.

The musical number was a full on attack at Jock worship and how they worship themselves, which only makes it even more homoerotic. Those of you praising Nate for saying it was homophobic should truly look at the irony of Nate being offended by it and calling it that, when he’s the most homophobic character on the show. He’s only upset that it was geared toward him. Had it been done to someone else he would have loved it.

by Anonymousreply 411February 21, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote]Nate seemed a little gay when he was catfishing Jules season 1.

Why was he on the gay site where he met Jules in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 412February 21, 2022 4:09 PM

[quote]Some acknowledgement that a production this sophisticated would have cost a mint

I would have liked some acknowledgement that parents and teachers might be alarmed and offended at what was transpiring on stage. Instead, all the adults in the reactions shots were laughing hysterically. No wonder their kids are such disasters.

by Anonymousreply 413February 21, 2022 4:44 PM

This is such a weird show. And not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 414February 21, 2022 4:54 PM

That scene with Nate and his father is most likely not literal.

So… Nate has been watching those videos since he was a small kid. The videos led Nate to have messed up intrusive sexual thoughts about his dad. It happened because he was so young when first seeing the tapes, so his brain can not remove his father from sexual acts. When it comes to sex his brain automatically pictures his father because that was his very first impression and visual when it comes to sex.

We see in season 1 how these tapes have screwed his brain up when it comes to sex and sexuality, and it makes complete sense that he can not have sex nor think of sex without the image of Cal.

The way the show did it was very symbolic, but we will see if they meant it as literal.

by Anonymousreply 415February 21, 2022 6:33 PM

This made me LOL for real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416February 21, 2022 7:58 PM

[quote]Well duh [R407]. Were you born yesterday? Yes, looks matter a lot in the world. We all know that.

No, not born yesterday, you moron, just aware that Nate isn't all that impressive as a human being. Like the empty shallow drug and alcohol addled females on this series, does he have any goals beyond whatever the fuck he's doing now?

Nate is not particularly intelligent, he's the 'hot' school jock, oh wow. Unless he gets into professional sports, he can't live off that title the rest of his life.

If Nate wasn't attractive, who would give a fuck about this guy?

by Anonymousreply 417February 21, 2022 8:17 PM

R417 actually Nate is extremely intelligent. That’s one of the things that makes him even more scary. Rewatch the show. Season 1 is very clear on how smart he is, which makes him more dangerous.

Also, Nate’s goal is the inevitable, taking over his fathers company. You forget the Jacobs family is rich.

by Anonymousreply 418February 21, 2022 8:29 PM

I loved loved loved this episode. The play itself was whatever but the way it was used to give more backstory to the characters as well as push their characters forward was amazing. So good. Very well done, honestly.

Cassie is losing it. That final shot of her is brilliantly horrifying. Nate looked like he was gonna kill someone. I was scared he was gonna hit her in the hall.

by Anonymousreply 419February 21, 2022 9:56 PM

R418 is correct r417. Nate is many things but he is not some dumb jock, he has always been written as a very intelligent character.

by Anonymousreply 420February 21, 2022 10:28 PM

Jevon is not a gayling. Not even close. I’m sure he’s had plenty of pussy by now.

by Anonymousreply 421February 21, 2022 10:28 PM

Euphoria finale is not this coming Sunday. There are 10 episodes this season and this Sunday is episode 8.

by Anonymousreply 422February 21, 2022 10:36 PM

R422 it’s the finale. Euphoria is 8 episodes. Not 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423February 21, 2022 10:40 PM

R422 completely pulled that out of its ass.

by Anonymousreply 424February 21, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote][R418] is correct [R417]. Nate is many things but he is not some dumb jock, he has always been written as a very intelligent character.

The dialog between Nate and his two GFs doesn't point to any sort of intelligence. Are we watching the same series?

by Anonymousreply 425February 21, 2022 10:50 PM

Season 1 did have 8 episodes as well r422.

Though season 2 does have 10 if you count the two specials, but honestly it seems most people haven't even seen those two.

by Anonymousreply 426February 21, 2022 10:50 PM

R422, there is a 100% chance you are absolutely wrong. Critics and podcasters have referred to E7 as the penultimate episode (2nd to last). They were given screeners of all the other episodes, but not the finale, so many are theorizing with fans on what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 427February 21, 2022 10:52 PM

I don't think of Nate as particularly intelligent, but he is cunning. And while he's had the upper hand against Jules and the Lukas Gage character, they weren't exactly very smart adversaries themselves. He benefits from the fact the people he fucks with are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 428February 21, 2022 11:00 PM

The show literally states Nate is smarter than most guys in season 1. While he may not be speaking like a nerd who reads the dictionary for fun, he doesn’t speak like an uneducated buffoon. There is nothing about him that says he’s dumb.

by Anonymousreply 429February 21, 2022 11:10 PM

Nate's taste in women doesn't exactly scream genius.

by Anonymousreply 430February 21, 2022 11:13 PM

A lot of geniuses like women that are no good for them.

He likes women he can control. He couldn’t control Maddy which was his biggest issue. He doesn’t like Cassie at all. He just likes that he has full control of her.

by Anonymousreply 431February 21, 2022 11:17 PM

R387 And of course the most effective way to hurt and embarrass him is to reveal he's really gay? I like the series, but they don't know what they're doing with the gay/not gay threads in the story. It's stupid and (mildly) offensive. It's not even this decade.... seems stuck in 1997... oh, how GAY! Ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 432February 22, 2022 12:36 AM

That is very hurtful/shameful to most young men, yes. Why? Idk. But the stigma that being gay means you aren’t a man will always be there.

by Anonymousreply 433February 22, 2022 4:02 AM

Lexi’s attitude during this last episode was the most accurate depiction of how insufferable theater kids become the second you give them any power. No respect for others, power tripping left and right, threatening to fire crew etc.

That was realistic because I’ve seen the sweet kid turn into a monster the minute they have power.

by Anonymousreply 434February 22, 2022 9:27 AM

Is it true it will be revealed Ashtray is a father?

There is ZERO way a high school would allow such a vulgar play. Even allowing for make believe of TV it was fucking ridiculous. It really did take me right out of the show. I love the actress who plays Suze. She was in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia playing a crack whore and she had some of the funniest lines ever.

Anyway, they are setting it up for someone huge to die.

I am not unhappy about our insider providing spoilers. THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 435February 22, 2022 10:54 AM

Lexie really turned into a raging bitch backstage. That was the most shocking thing to me about this episode.

All the main characters sitting in the audience getting their "comeuppance" was beyond clichéd.

I did love how the narrative and flashbacks weaved in and out of what was happening on stage though.

by Anonymousreply 436February 22, 2022 11:24 AM

If I were that lighting guy I would have walked the fuck out. You do the lighting then, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 437February 22, 2022 12:19 PM

I'm honestly a little flummoxed at the complaints about the play being unrealistic that a high school would put it on though. Have we been watching the same show? What part of Euphoria feels like it is a real high school with real high schoolers. It's always been a heightened hyper-reality.

by Anonymousreply 438February 22, 2022 1:13 PM

Thank you, R438. Of course the play was going to be extra. No one would think it was supposed to be realistic. We’re talking about a show that has high schooler Sydney swinging her tits all over the place. Never mind the fact that all of them look 25+ years old.

by Anonymousreply 439February 22, 2022 1:18 PM

I agree, r438. The whole show sort of exists in a hallucinatory fever dream and everything is heightened for effect . This is definitely not 'My So-Called Life' in terms of realism.

by Anonymousreply 440February 22, 2022 1:26 PM

I wonder if Cal Jacobs is based on Barry Levinson.

by Anonymousreply 441February 22, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote] Never mind the fact that all of them look 25+ years old.

Some of them look 24.

by Anonymousreply 442February 22, 2022 2:51 PM

So did the drug dealer woman just give up on getting her money back from Rue ? Rue is sitting there watching the play as if she is not worried she could be kidnapped and sold at any moment

by Anonymousreply 443February 22, 2022 3:10 PM

I don’t think any of them look like they couldn’t be in HS, based on the way many HS kids dress these days and look.

Don’t most HS set shows have unrealistic shit happen? This is far from new. Where were these complaints when Glee did all the shit it did that wouldn’t have been allowed, like Rocky Horror and Sam needing to wear those tiny gold booty shorts.

by Anonymousreply 444February 22, 2022 3:11 PM

R443 she still had over a month to get her the money in episode 5. Only a few days have passed… so her time isn’t up yet.

Levinson already said that storyline is continuing next season.

by Anonymousreply 445February 22, 2022 3:12 PM

Please go visit an actual high school r444. Hollywood has always warped people and they forget how young the average high schooler looks.

But no one wants realistic looking high schoolers, we want hot 20-somethings.

by Anonymousreply 446February 22, 2022 3:17 PM

Well did you think they would be able to cast actual HS aged people for a show like this? Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 447February 22, 2022 3:19 PM

r436 I think is point out something other than "the play is unrealistic and over the top"... of course the whole series is hyperreal, over the top, absurdist and not trying to be a docudrama (I mean the Busby Berkely on crack stuff). But still some things "work" and some things don't... to me having all the principals in the audience looking at each other as the "recognized" the digs performed on stage was... silly, cliched. Zendaya (who shouldn't be sitting in the audience anyway, after her addiction took her so far into the darkness just a few hours ago), whose scenery-chewing has been broad but spectacular, a great performance, rolling her eyes, suppressing smiles... it wasn't acting it was mugging. One person had to walk out, then a second person had to walk out... audience whooping and hollering at stupid shit. "Oh, that's me! That's supposed to be me!!" says mom.

It just seemed silly... lazy writing/directing.

by Anonymousreply 448February 22, 2022 3:25 PM

Some of you are finding reasons to complain. It’s embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 449February 22, 2022 3:28 PM

R449 needs to stay off the internet. I hear yoga is helpful.

by Anonymousreply 450February 22, 2022 3:30 PM

R450 you should stop watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 451February 22, 2022 3:33 PM

It is silly, but maybe realistic, that Rue isn't taking the threat Laurie poses seriously.

But yes it's already been given away in interviews that plotline is carrying over to season 3, so I don't know if we will see Laurie in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 452February 22, 2022 3:37 PM

R450, I can’t see that person’s posts because I had to block them about 100 posts ago. They’re psychotic…

by Anonymousreply 453February 22, 2022 4:23 PM

No doubt Euphoria is in no way meant to be a reflection of real life in high school, however, a couple of years ago, one of my nephews was in this "talent show" (and I use that term loosely) at his high school. It had a theme in a lot of kids performed various musical numbers, some better than others. But a group of kids - clearly the elite crowd - had a couple of numbers. Nothing sexually provocative, but over the top & completely self-indulgent. The program ran for 3+ hours, so you might think that an adult had some editorial control of the whole thing, but apparently not. Point being, kids (especially those with some clout) do all kinds of shit that you wouldn't think they'd get away, but the teachers & administrators just don't want to deal the backlash from their parents.

by Anonymousreply 454February 22, 2022 6:21 PM

Chloe Cherry (Faye) before the lip filler and getting so skinny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455February 22, 2022 10:56 PM

I agree, [R438]. The whole show sort of exists in a hallucinatory fever dream and everything is heightened for effect . This is definitely not 'My So-Called Life' in terms of realism.

Sometimes I feel as if I’m watching Gaspar Noé’s Enter The Void.

by Anonymousreply 456February 23, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]I agree, [[R438]]. The whole show sort of exists in a hallucinatory fever dream and everything is heightened for effect . This is definitely not 'My So-Called Life' in terms of realism.

Sometimes I feel as if I’m watching Gaspar Noé’s Enter The Void

by Anonymousreply 457February 23, 2022 12:49 AM

Since everyone is going on about all the great acting on the series, how about the 'actress' playing the middle-aged drug dealer?

The female drug dealer has to be portrayed by one of the worst actresses I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.

Who the hell is this woman and why the fuck is she on this series, especially when so many middle-aged talented actresses are out of work? Is Sam Levinson still on drugs? Because he must have been high when he hired this awful actress.

What’s with the deadpan somnambulist delivery, is this supposed to be her character's presentation, is the character always high? Or is this ‘actress’ really this awful? She's excruciating to listen to.

I read somewhere the drug dealer is played by a woman who is supposedly a comedian?! WTF?

by Anonymousreply 458February 23, 2022 12:57 AM

I love the (terrifying) drug dealer character. She explained to Rue why she’s the way she is during the episode where she took Rue hostage - she spent too long abusing opiates and it erased her ability to get pleasure from things other than drugs. So she is just flat now.

by Anonymousreply 459February 23, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote]I love the (terrifying) drug dealer character. She explained to Rue why she’s the way she is during the episode where she took Rue hostage - she spent too long abusing opiates and it erased her ability to get pleasure from things other than drugs. So she is just flat now.

Flat? I'll have to check out clips of her comedy routines, if she has the same deadpan delivery, well, that's not acting.

She sounds like the female version of Emo Philips and Steven Wright. Except Emo was more lively!

by Anonymousreply 460February 23, 2022 1:13 AM

R458/460 has never seen Baskets.

by Anonymousreply 461February 23, 2022 1:14 AM

She was in Marriage Story and had the same flat affect.

by Anonymousreply 462February 23, 2022 1:15 AM

I think Laurie is perfectly cast. Love the way this actress is playing her. Makes her more menacing.

And we know that she’ll figure prominently into S3.

by Anonymousreply 463February 23, 2022 1:25 AM

[quote][R458]/460 has never seen Baskets.

No, I haven't. Between cable and streaming services, who can watch so much content? I have a career, do you?

I don't care how many TV shows this woman has been on, if she has the same flat delivery in every series, that's not acting.

by Anonymousreply 464February 23, 2022 1:36 AM

Oh god, R464. Just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 465February 23, 2022 1:38 AM

R455 Every time I see her with the lip filler I think that that must be painful. It's so cartooniish. But my question for DL.. does the filler absorb, does he have to get them drained after she's done with the part?

She always promotes a feeling of impending doom...

by Anonymousreply 466February 23, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote]Oh god, [R464]. Just shut up.

Why don't you STFU and then go fuck yourself.

No one is allowed to have other opinions about this series unless they are drooling over the actor who portrays Nate or if they're gushing over"the brilliant acting"?? Or claiming this series will get multiple EMMY nods. Please! It's entertainment, nothing more, but when I notice really terrible acting, I will complain about it.

Everyone is entitled to their goddamn opinion. The control freaks on DL are getting tiresome.

The actress who plays the drug dealer [bold]absolutely sucks! [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 467February 23, 2022 2:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 23, 2022 2:46 AM

J, you need to take your meds and stop watching this show. It’s clearly too much for someone with your mental capacity to handle r467. You constantly complain about every little thing, you lie non stop, you use alts to defend yourself on a thread about a tv show, you constantly need people to explain shit to you… this clearly isn’t a show meant for someone like you.

by Anonymousreply 469February 23, 2022 4:57 AM

Actually, I thought the casting of Laurie was brilliant; Mouse is the typical TV show drug dealer: (black), big, ugly, menacing, creepy, etc. while Laurie has a suburban mom look to her. But a woman who just told you she cares about nothing, feels nothing and you owe her $10K is a scary creature indeed

by Anonymousreply 470February 23, 2022 8:47 AM

Mouse was black????? Could have fooled me.

by Anonymousreply 471February 23, 2022 9:30 AM

I didn’t know Meeko Gattuso was playing just a black man who looks like every black drug dealer

by Anonymousreply 472February 23, 2022 9:33 AM

On the occasions I’ve encountered a drug dealer (friends buying), they were always white and pretty normal looking (non threatening.)

by Anonymousreply 473February 23, 2022 12:10 PM

R473 same. And idk about you but Mouse didn’t look like your average black guy.

by Anonymousreply 474February 23, 2022 1:41 PM

The finale is gonna be messy.

by Anonymousreply 475February 23, 2022 11:04 PM

R249 That dog is very well known. He was in “Luther” and “Nobody Loves an Albatross.”

by Anonymousreply 476February 25, 2022 3:09 AM

FUN FACT!

It was a running joke on set that Maude Apatow would always forget her lines, and they had to set sand bags around so she knows exactly where to stand.

by Anonymousreply 477February 25, 2022 4:45 AM

Also, the role of Lexi wasn’t even a character originally, and the character was created for Maude specifically when Levinson was contacted that Apatow’s kid wanted to get into acting.

by Anonymousreply 478February 25, 2022 4:54 AM

r478 This is exactly what I thought was going on. It would have made sense if Lexi's mom paid the school for the entire production costs of her stupid play. Then her character would be a reflection of both Apatow and Levinson.

by Anonymousreply 479February 25, 2022 10:25 PM

That Maude Apatow's character was kind of shoe horned in isn't necessarily a surprise (assuming that's true), because her one job is Season 1 is to look sad at Rue & react to the other girls. She's always the butt of the joke - the earnest, nerdy kid that just doesn't get it.

That said, the character kind of grows on you. In real life, most kids aren't the flamboyant types like Maddie, Cassie, Jules or even weird abrasive Kat. They're the wallflowers, trying to find a voice of their own. I think her blankness also compliments Fez's blankness; he isn't stupid (or "retard" as they keep calling him), but he's not all there either. It will be interesting in Season 3 where they go with the character now that Lexi has found her "voice" (and uses it to bash people)

Maude is a pretty girl and with her family connections, she'll probably do pretty well which is a depressing commentary on the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 480February 26, 2022 12:44 AM

Lexi bashed no one. She told the TRUTH through art.

by Anonymousreply 481February 26, 2022 12:52 AM

I’m so excited for the new one.

by Anonymousreply 482February 26, 2022 11:58 PM

He only signed a one season contract and was originally supposed to die this season. I guess they changed that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 27, 2022 12:10 AM

r483 WTF did they do to his character? Talk about a wasted opportunity - he had potential (he is another non-professional actor who was "just playing himself as he has said in interviews) and if they had doubled down and made him really into some devious fuck boy who was playing games to break up Rue & Jules so he could fuck Jules, that would be some creative tension but they just abandoned that sub-plot and his character for the last 3 episodes. If they are bringing him back for another season, he must have a big part in the finale. I wish they had put him in some sex scenes with guys - wasn't he supposed be a bi? I think he is hot as fuck but seems to be another queerbaiter IRL...

by Anonymousreply 484February 27, 2022 5:35 AM

Playing yourself to a scripted series is still hard. You still have to come off natural, which the young “actors” Levinson finds are good at doing.

Many trained actors don’t even come off natural and feel like they’re acting. ScarJo comes to mind. The praise for her baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 485February 27, 2022 8:11 PM

Brace yourselves…an unnecessary, shitty song is apparently a staple of Euphoria season finales.

by Anonymousreply 486February 28, 2022 1:23 AM

Why did they need to let Dominic Fike perform an entire damn song, I know he is musician but I found that so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 487February 28, 2022 1:44 AM

Not that great of a finale, though the season 1 finale wasn't that great either. Guess it is not Sam Levinson's specialty. It felt pretty disjointed. Though I guess the main point he wanted to focus on was getting Rue to a point where she could move past her drug addiction phase.

Though the casual line about the "rest of the school year" makes Laurie's absence seem very noticeable if that much time is passing.

by Anonymousreply 488February 28, 2022 2:19 AM

I don’t get the people who criticize season 1’s finale. It was marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 489February 28, 2022 2:30 AM

I like R458's comment, not just because I disagree with it but because its the exact wrong way to discuss a performance. Your own personal tastes are your opinions and your own initial reactions. A creative decision or entire show/movie is not "Bad" because you didn't enjoy it. In this case, I found the performance and character so fascinating I went on to watch some of her other work. I think the character and performance make her one of the most disturbing villains I've ever seen. The actress does have a very specific, flat vocal approach. No idea how she speaks in real life. She played Zach Galifinakis' girlfriend on his show so she was good enough to be cast by Louis CK and Galifinakis.

"The female drug dealer has to be portrayed by one of the worst actresses I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.....Because he must have been high when he hired this awful actress.What’s with the deadpan somnambulist delivery, is this supposed to be her character's presentation, is the character always high? Or is this ‘actress’ really this awful? She's excruciating to listen to."

by Anonymousreply 490February 28, 2022 5:25 PM

God I miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 491August 2, 2022 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!