Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do gay people think every bi/gay person hooked up with each other?

I saw this photo of Marlon Brando and Tennessee Williams on Instagram. All the comments were about how they totally fucked. Bi/gay people are not allowed to be pictured with each other without people assuming they fucked? That seems backward to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 7:45 AM

With those two big mouths, I'd think we'd know definitively by now if they had fucked.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2022 6:08 PM

Because you people are whores with gutters for minds, that's why!

You imagine it because you have porking on the brain. And people believe it because we assume gay men probably would fuck anything around them.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2022 6:11 PM

Because, OP, before the days of hypocritical virtue signalling, in it for the clicks and followers, and AIDS, everybody fucked everybody else. It was more fun than staring at your fucking phone for 10 hours at a time, sending pics of your dick and pasting 'sorry, you're not my type', before starting over again.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2022 6:25 PM

When I came out of the closet in the '90s, clueless straight people assumed it meant I knew every other gay person in existence. This is a horny continuation of that and some of the people who perpetuate it on social media are clueless cosplay queers who think everything's grist for slashfic.

Not that gays don't indulge in our own wishful thinking, but we also had to be good gossip historians in the past since we couldn't rely on others to accurately tell our stories. Now it's more of a patronizing free-for-all.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2022 6:32 PM

This is a very intimate photo. Platonic male friends don't usually take pictures head to head (or cheek to cheek for that matter). Nor do they rub knees. In fairness to the posters, yeah they look like they fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2022 7:54 PM

I don't know about them fucking But I can believe that Tenn went down on Brando multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2022 8:08 PM

Marlon Brando fucked Richard Pryor in the ass!

And Johnny Carson fucked Carol Wayne!

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2022 8:13 PM

Brando was a slut who slept with pretty much anything. Probably animals too. The comments are warranted. There's this photo of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck together and it looks like Matt just finished giving Ben the best head of his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2022 8:15 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote]When I came out of the closet in the '90s

In other words, you have no idea what that era was like.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2022 11:57 PM

The "all gays know (or fuck) each other" mindset was prevalent long before then, too.

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2022 12:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2022 12:00 AM

Anyone recall when Ellen came out and exposed the glass closet club where secret celebrity lesbians would meet?

it added fuel to the fire

along with the loud and proud celebs calling those practices out.

in either case, tho, it ends up as one big circlejerk as that remains their primary dating pool.

even one of the loud and proud ended up marrying someone from the secret lesbian cabal.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2022 12:04 AM

Zemen-Wambuis = ancient Klan Granny

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2022 12:09 AM

and let's not forget the mccarthyism era (though, of course, it existed somewhat before) and the hunt for red ties (which incidentally, used to be a discrete way of declaring oneself as a male homosexual by wearing a literal red tie) - the cold war hunt for communists that while some had ties, homosexuals got pulled into the stereotype far and wide as a inter/national security risk. Jews and one drop rule colored persons (use of phrase as obscure legal designation of the time... as it was a status that would not be addressed until the 60s and many lived in a gray legal area as non citizens, albeit mostly those that violated the treaty agreements of the rolls, making them persona non grata in both) included too. aggressive revival of the indecency hunts of the decades before

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2022 12:14 AM

Tennesse Williams apparently had Warren Beatty too. Maybe Paul Newman. Tennessee was attractive, charming and intelligent. Brando clearly seem to be attracted to brains. Like James Baldwin and Richard Pryor who were also geniuses.

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2022 12:44 AM

R16 Brando seemed to like BBC!

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2022 12:04 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote] Jews and one drop rule colored persons (use of phrase as obscure legal designation of the time... as it was a status that would not be addressed until the 60s and many lived in a gray legal area as non citizens, albeit mostly those that violated the treaty agreements of the rolls, making them persona non grata in both) included too.

Is there some words missing or something?

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 3:38 PM

It’s called slash fic.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2022 4:12 PM

When you see a group of attractive gay friends (it is more true with guys who find each other hot), it's not unusual that they have fooled around at some point. Usually early on. The hook up to friend pipeline is a real thing.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2022 4:17 PM

Because there are a lot of stupid gay people (too).

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2022 4:45 PM

Men can separate sex and love. Straight male friends will experiment with each other and still remain friends sworn to secrecy. How many female on female hookups remain friends?

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2022 5:02 PM

Agree with you OP, but I think it has more to do with their poses in the photo. It looks like Tennesse is touching Brando's leg while Brando is smiling.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2022 7:39 PM

[quote] How many female on female hookups remain friends?

OMG, practically every lesbian I know remains friends with their ex and they just all become one big inner circle of women friends.

by Anonymousreply 25August 18, 2022 9:28 PM

R25 Wow that's awesome. Maybe it's really just a hetero thing to have hangups/guilt around hookups.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2022 9:30 PM

I'm still friends with my fwb, a couple of my former one night stands, and one ex (whom I never got around to having sex with), but most of my hookups and exes have vanished like ghosts do when one of those Travel Channel reality shows has cameras running.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2022 9:37 PM

R17 So did Monty Clift (there's a video recording that shows him walking on the street and eying a good-looking black man and follows him with a grin) and Farley Granger who was rumored to have been more than roommates with Harry Belafonte (I would pay to see photos or a sex tape of that).

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 7:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!