Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

52% of Black Americans rather be robbed than deal with cops

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 9:14 AM

Fine. We'll take all the cops in my part of town.

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2022 7:29 AM

Do they even have things to rob?

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2022 7:34 AM

Because they don't understand following the law. It's a foreign concept to them. Stealing and robbing is familiar and accepted.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 7:35 AM

Polls, studies and surveys are notoriously subjective. Accuracy is not their strong point. Agenda is.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 7:41 AM

And, of course, they conflate sex with gender. They categorize by "gender". A biological woman's fears are different than a self-identified trans woman.

How can any study about fear have any credibility when they aren't even differentiating the real divide in how fear affects people by sex? And, yes, that would include race as well.

Anyone who does this kind of survey has an expected outcome.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 7:42 AM

Because they'd be blamed for being robbed by "nice guy" cops? It happens all the fucking time when on duty cops lord over and blame victims for their own misfortune.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 7:53 AM

[quote]And, of course, they conflate sex with gender. They categorize by "gender". A biological woman's fears are different than a self-identified trans woman.

Sex and gender are identical.

There is no such thing as a "biological woman". There is only a woman.

A "trans-woman" is a man.

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 8:21 AM

Well that’s fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 9:03 AM

The race-baiting OP, the blatantly Nazi replies, the long-winded user who manages to wriggle her anti-trans obsession into a totally unrelated subject: this thread is a microcosm of what Datalounge has become.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 9:07 AM

I'm white and I agree, but I'm one of the only, like, four gays left on DL who remembers getting hassled by cops just for existing from the 1980s through to about mid-2000s. I got arrested in 1993 when a straight guy beating a friend up lied and said he was just "breaking up a fight between fags" and the cops automatically believed him.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 9:09 AM

OP, I’m sure this is a total coincidence, but your description of the study is inaccurate. The 52% figure is for blacks who would preferred to be rubbed over being *searched* by police. There is a 45% figure for blacks who prefer to be robbed than questioned by the police “for no good reason.” Yet, you describe this as simply dealing with cops. I’m sure you will address how you have deceptively framed this discussion, since it could only have been an innocent mistake.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2022 9:11 AM

OP is on the "Gallup: Americans become more Republican" thread complaining about blacks committing all crimes and trannies ruining the world, and starts a ton of anti-trans threads himself, which I'm sure doesn't surprise anyone.

In the thread about the LGBT activist found murdered and his body dumped in a landfill, he's being a homophobe.

Mediapolis has never done anything about people like OP, which means this is what they want Datalounge to be.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 9:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!