Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“No one is above the law”. NY AG puts charges on docket for Trump, Ivanka and Junior

[quote] BREAKING / NBC News: Former president Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and Ivanka Trump are all alleged to have been involved in either overseeing or arranging financial misstatements to financial and insurance institutions, says the New York AG in a court filing docketed tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2022 4:00 PM

Posted just this evening....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2022 6:56 AM

Tish James sez....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2022 6:59 AM

does she have a lazy right eye? It's kinda looking off to the side while her other eye is looking forward.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 7:01 AM

The medical term is Sammy Davis Jr syndrome. The Geiko spokesman also has it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 7:07 AM

It's gathering steam... 👍👍

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 7:50 AM

It's gathering steam... 👍👍

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 7:50 AM

Why not Eric too? Or are they still deciphering the crayon drawings?

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 8:16 AM

R7, Eric may be the last Trump standing simply by virtue of being so mentally stunted that they didn't give him any responsibilities or let him in on company business.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 8:20 AM

I don't know why this news dropped around midnight tonight but I am LOVING it!

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 9:03 AM

Ruh ro!

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 9:16 AM

[quote]does she have a lazy right eye? It's kinda looking off to the side while her other eye is looking forward.

It comes from sleeping with one eye open.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2022 9:19 AM

Legit source? What is new here?

This seems like old news.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 9:23 AM

What the fuck, r12? It's all over the news, go look it up instead of pretending like this never happened.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2022 9:27 AM

“puts charges on docket for Trump, Ivanka and Junior”

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2022 9:33 AM

Have they been charged?

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2022 9:33 AM

This case is a civil charge regarding the Trumps giving false, inflated valuations of their properties, i.e. committing tax fraud. This has been submitted to a judge in an effort to force Ivanka, Junior and Donnie Two Scoops to comply with their subpoenae to testify.

[quote]The New York attorney general's office late Tuesday told a court that its investigators had uncovered evidence that President Donald Trump's company used "fraudulent or misleading" asset valuations to get loans and tax benefits.

[quote]The court filing said state authorities haven't yet decided whether to bring a civil lawsuit in connection with the allegations, but that investigators need to question Trump and his two eldest children as part of the probe.

[quote]In the court documents, Attorney General Letitia James' office gave its most detailed accounting yet of its investigation into allegations that Trump's company repeatedly misstated the value of assets to get favorable loan terms or slash its tax burden.

[quote]The Trump Organization, it said, had overstated the value of land donations made in New York and California on paperwork submitted to the IRS to justify several million dollars in tax deductions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2022 9:39 AM

...the filing marked the first time that the attorney general’s office leveled such specific accusations against the former president’s company.

The filing outlined what Ms. James’s office termed misleading statements about the value of six Trump properties, as well as the “Trump brand.” The properties included golf clubs in Westchester County, N.Y., and Scotland, flagship buildings such as 40 Wall Street in Manhattan and Mr. Trump’s own penthouse home in Trump Tower.

Ms. James’s filing argued that the company misstated the value of the properties to lenders, insurers and the Internal Revenue Service. Many of the statements, the filing argued, were “generally inflated as part of a pattern to suggest that Mr. Trump’s net worth was higher than it otherwise would have appeared.”

Ms. James highlighted details of how she said the company inflated the valuations: $150,000 initiation fees into Mr. Trump’s golf club in Westchester that it never collected; mansions that had not yet been built on one of his private estates; and 20,000 square feet in his Trump Tower triplex that did not exist.

“We have uncovered significant evidence that suggests Donald J. Trump and the Trump Organization falsely and fraudulently valued multiple assets and misrepresented those values to financial institutions for economic benefit,” Ms. James said in a statement.

It is unusual for such specific and serious allegations to emerge in court papers — filed less than an hour before a midnight deadline to respond to Mr. Trump’s effort to avoid being questioned — instead of in a formal complaint. Ms. James’s lawyers said that the release of the details would not hamper their investigation, and added that the office was also looking into other conduct not discussed in the filing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2022 9:46 AM

About potential criminal charges:

[quote]Because Ms. James’s investigation is civil, she can sue Mr. Trump and his company but cannot file criminal charges. Her inquiry is running parallel to a criminal investigation led by the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, which is examining some of the same conduct. Ms. James’s office is participating in that separate investigation, which is continuing.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2022 9:47 AM

I'm too "smart" to pay taxes...

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2022 9:52 AM

It's civil which means fines and The Republican Party will pay it.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2022 10:00 AM

It's very unfair. No president has ever been treated as unfairly as I have. And I am one of the greatest presidents. Some people say the greatest. Some people say Ivanka was doing something shady, and there may be some truth to that but it was most likely Jared. You know when I med Jared I assumed he was musical. He just seemed gay. Not that I have a thing about gays. I'm a New Yorker. I'm very sophisticated. And rich, I am very very rich. Perhaps they should look into Jared. I never really knew the guy.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2022 10:28 AM

Bumping for the lunchtime crowd.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2022 3:45 PM

All this "BREAKING NEWS" for the past couple years and still nothing.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2022 3:47 PM

We're being shown exactly how the Trumps committed tax fraud, that's something.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2022 3:48 PM

R23, maybe now that Cy Vance is no longer DA , things will start to happen. It's very doubtful that Alvin Bragg will protect those criminals like Vance did.

How delicious is it that it's going to take a black woman and a black man to take down this family of grifters and thieves.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2022 4:24 PM

How will this affect Trump's run for presidency in 2024?

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2022 4:48 PM

R25 my sentiments precisely. And the ad hominem attacks on the AG instead of responding to the charges isn't going to work this time.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2022 7:14 PM

Any accountant could have told you how Trump commits tax fraud in 1990. The real question is why Deutsche Bank bankrolled him based on his transparent fraud, for years.

I'm appalled. All of this is like busing a craps game in a alley. There are MAJOR MAJOR players in the 40 year long grift of Trump Corp

How is Mary Trump doing? Awfully quiet... How is her case?

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2022 8:27 PM

[Quote] How will this affect Trump's run for presidency in 2024?

Running is his only way of keeping out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2022 8:49 PM

Tish already interviewed Eric in 2020, and now we know that he pleaded the 5th to each of OVER 500 QUESTIONS in the 6 hour session. (I thought Daddy said only criminals plead the 5th?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2022 9:11 PM

It's widely-known in New York political circles that at the end of the day, Attorney General Tish retires to the comfort of her lady friend's bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2022 9:23 PM

Is that supposed to be a put-down, R31? Because, if so, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2022 9:42 PM

Michael Cohen is all over the media gloating. I kinda don't blame him, but I hope it's not premature, though. I won't celebrate until that whole family are indicted and their crimes are laid out in simple terms that even the dumbest Trumptard can understand. And, we desperately need a John Dean type who is brave enough to testify.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2022 9:42 PM

She can't make them testify. Neither can a judge unless he grants them the statutory immunity they require.

Jeez. People, learn your rights.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote] I won't celebrate until that whole family are indicted and their crimes are laid out in simple terms that even the dumbest Trumptard can understand.

Exactly. We need this disease to end once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2022 10:24 PM

R34 don't gloat too soon. There are many cases, civil and criminal, zeroing in on your guy.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2022 10:26 PM

Facts are not gloating. Welcome to the real world, R36. And while you're at it, learn what your rights are in case they come knocking on your door.

Keep your mouth closed. No one can make you talk.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2022 4:32 AM

^ I have nothing to hide.

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2022 5:30 AM

R38, you are so stupid.

Innocent people need to plead the Fifth all the time. Don't make me come and put tape over your mouth.

You assert your Fifth when a truthful answer can LINK you to any crime. You don't have to be guilty of anything for that circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2022 5:55 PM

I used to want Trump to go to jail. Now I just want to die. I no longer care if it’s a painful death. Just drop over, motherfucker, and let’s carry on.

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2022 6:07 PM

More political grandstanding and showboating from this treacherous cunt. She hasn't got jack shit on Trump or anyone in his family, she' s just stringing along her idiotic supporters to raise money for her campaign war chest.

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2022 6:16 PM

Well, R41, that would be wrong.

Ahem, is the mike on?

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Is this the one who ramrodded Cuomo out and then poof, no criminal charges finally? Not even any civil charges!

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2022 7:34 PM

One and the same, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2022 7:46 PM

Not a good day to be a Trump, with "his" SCOTUS justices ruling against him and everything. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 45January 20, 2022 8:34 PM

[Quote] Innocent people need to plead the Fifth all the time.

Like your Fuhrers son Eric r39? Innocent 500 times over. Respect.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2022 4:49 PM

No, Ignorant R46. Like indigent clients who get caught up in crimes because of someone else's criminal behavior.

Do you have any idea how many girlfriends got caught up in their boyfriends' criminal activity just because he used their home for his activities?

No, of course you don't. You don't even understand the concept of the Fifth Amendment.

You are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2022 4:58 PM

^^NOT "link me to a crime", the exact words of the objection are "because my answer may tend to incriminate ME." The exact phrase.

Little Eric did this as a cutesy-pie way of avoiding answering ANY of the questions, is what appears to have happened. He answered EVERY question by invoking the Fifth Amendment, just like shit-heel Wesselberg. It won't protect them very well or for very long. It's just more stalling, just like all of Shitler's many appeals to date, ALL of which have been predictably denied. It's how they operate.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2022 5:56 PM

R48, please stop commenting on a topic you know nothing about.

What do you think incriminate means? It means linking yourself to a crime.

[quote] In Hoffman v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that a witness has the Fifth Amendment right to refuse to testify not only when the testimony alone might support a criminal conviction, but also when the witness has a reasonable fear that the testimony might assist the government in building a criminal case against the witness – such as by providing a LINK IN THE CHAIN OF EVIDENCE needed for prosecution.

1951 and every case since has upheld that.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2022 6:11 PM

Ivanka:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2022 7:26 PM

^"She feels like she has so much more to offer"...

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2022 7:27 PM

She knows *exactly* how loathsome Daddy's followers are, and would never be caught dead in public with them. And we can be certain that her own little paws are all over the Trump Organization's business dealings. Whatever that company did, she was in on it, and it's all going to be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Are the Trump kids capable of going to prison defending their father? Will they? I'm sure Jared won't and will happily throw his FiL if it came down to jail time for him or Trump.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote]I'm sure Jared won't and will happily throw his FiL if it came down to jail time for him or Trump.

Dunno. I've heard the showers can be quite stimulating.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2022 10:21 PM

This guarantees Cheetohlini runs again because he will need the protection of the office to stay out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2022 10:27 PM

[Quote] No, Ignorant [R46]. Like indigent clients who get caught up in crimes because of someone else's criminal behavior.

Not like Eric who will get caught up in crime because of his father's criminal behavior? Or who took part in his family's criminal behavior? Or other criminals who try to stay out of jail?

Wait, are you Eric r47?

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2022 10:29 PM

Huh? Are you okay, R56?

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2022 1:22 AM

I had this idea for a golf course... in Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2022 2:46 PM

Run out of things to say, so ad hominem r57?

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote] Are the Trump kids capable of going to prison defending their father? Will they?

Well, I for one can't. I already sit in a dungeon, only seeing Mum when she's bringing me new dead animals I can play with.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2022 8:39 PM

Apparently the new DA in Manhattan thinks Trump is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2022 4:26 AM

Still…. No charges filed.

by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2022 5:02 AM

Which one will it be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2022 2:43 PM

"New York Attorney General Letitia James has rejected former President Donald Trump's settlement offer -- and is now reportedly has one of Trump's children in her crosshairs."

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2022 2:54 PM

So, they are no better than Todd and Julie Chrisley?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2022 3:51 PM

[quote]Eric may be the last Trump standing simply by virtue of being so mentally stunted that they didn't give him any responsibilities or let him in on company business.

He's essentially like a child playing dress up. He gets to put on a suit and pretends to be a businessman

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2022 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!