Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea

She worked at Croft House. Murdered last Thursday. Stabbed for no reason.

Brianna Kupfer. She was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 25, 2022 1:16 AM

The guy just walked into the furniture store, stabbed her, and walked out. He didn't say anything. Holy hell.

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2022 12:46 AM

I'm... exhausted. Has Datalounge been taken over by weird Frauen with a "real crime" obsession?

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2022 12:47 AM

R2 = Roxane Gay, exhausted

Kidding.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2022 12:49 AM

There is nothing new about the randomness of it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2022 12:49 AM

It's fucked up. I was near this block on Saturday and had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2022 12:50 AM

What a waste. Jesus. How fucked is America.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2022 12:50 AM

It's Fox, but there are pics of her family. Handsome brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2022 12:51 AM

She was working alone that day. That's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 12:54 AM

Suspect kills LA woman in N-95 mask in broad daylight | LiveNOW from FOX?

Was she wearing the N-95 or was the killer? And why does the N-95 mask matter?

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 12:54 AM

[quote] What a waste. Jesus. How fucked is America.

As “fucked” as it’s always been. Crime has never been limited to merely the unattractive. However, victimization of the “beautiful” is always considered a much greater tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 12:54 AM

The dad might not be right wing but he wanted to the his message out there.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2022 12:55 AM

LA is unwell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 1:02 AM

Brentwood School, Pacific Palisades family, looks like.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2022 1:03 AM

A nurse succumbed to an attack yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2022 1:04 AM

I eat old people’s excrement.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote] The dad might not be right wing but he wanted to the his message out there

There is not one fucking thing that father said that any sane human being wouldn't have said. There was nothing right wing or conservative about it.

If you don't agree then you are part of the problem we are facing today.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2022 1:08 AM

R16 goes from a reasonable comment to an insane one in less than a second.

Champion Datalounge response!!

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2022 1:12 AM

Good comments from Geraldo. Ignore the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2022 1:13 AM

Hey look, it’s another racebaiting post by … well, we all know who.

R2 is sadly wrong but does not eat old peoples’ excrement. R2 thinks it’s frauen getting off on the thrill of crime and another opportunity to be SCANDALIZED.

That’s not what this is. At all. It’s a self-hating rightwing gay alcoholic wanting to drive his wedge-issue agenda as usual, and to be the center of attention, also as usual.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2022 1:17 AM

That's awful, both her and that elderly nurse. What their families must be going through :(

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2022 1:23 AM

" I can shove a midget up my asshole!"

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2022 1:23 AM

Black perp?

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2022 1:29 AM

I RIMMED DONALD TRUMP AFTER HE ATE A TACO BOWL AND KRAUT!!

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2022 2:08 AM

OP is the cunt here. A big fat pussy-twiddling cunt. People are horribly murdered every day. But THIS one is a beautiful white girl killed by.... someone "different"? Fuck that and her idiot posts. Go hang out at Le Brea and Beverly, cunt.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea She worked at Croft House. Murdered last Thursday. Stabbed for no reason.

Brianna Kupfer. She was beautiful.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea The guy just walked into the furniture store, stabbed her, and walked out. He didn't say anything. Holy hell.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea R2 = Roxane Gay, exhausted

Kidding.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea What a waste. Jesus. How fucked is America.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea It's Fox, but there are pics of her family. Handsome brothers.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea She was working alone that day. That's nuts.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea LA is unwell.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea Brentwood School, Pacific Palisades family, looks like.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea A nurse succumbed to an attack yesterday.

UCLA grad student killed - Beverly and La Brea Good comments from Geraldo. Ignore the others.

How popular is Biden? Let's keep track!

Taiwan pays for Guatemala to hire Trump ally to lobby U.S. officials Guatemala has hired for $900,000 a major supporter of former President Donald Trump to seek influence with U.S. officials in an unusual lobbying contract paid for by its ally Taiwan, foreign lobby records show.

The contract, dated Jan. 12, was signed by Alfonso Quinonez, Guatemala’s ambassador to the U.S., and Brian Ballard, president of the namesake lobbying firm and a longtime Trump ally.

Hellbound: the South Korean death-fest that wipes the floor with Squid Game The terrifying Netflix show also deals in violent ends – with demonic smackdowns by CGI brutes – but it’s so much more than Squid Game. This is truly exceptional drama that will be spoken about for decades

Siobhan from Howard Stern WHET transexual wack packer Siobhan?

Could you write the next Harry Potter? If you devoted five years to it, could you write the first couple books of a series that becomes a global franchise? Twilight, Maze Runner, and Percy Jackson are additional examples.

Russell Brand Fans Say He’s ‘Officially Lost His Mind’ After Latest Right-Wing Conspiracy Videos I like about 2/3 of what he says on his show, but this is silly.

Russell Brand Fans Say He’s ‘Officially Lost His Mind’ After Latest Right-Wing Conspiracy Videos The media want to silence him. They don't want another Rogan. Thus the articles based on random individuals' tweets.

Russell Brand Fans Say He’s ‘Officially Lost His Mind’ After Latest Right-Wing Conspiracy Videos I wish all UK people and media would stop talking about America. The Guardian included.

Pope calls couples who choose pets over having children ‘selfish’ Who cares what the Pope says? It's 2022.

Modern Ireland What's the best Irish fantasy novel?

Modern Ireland Ireland makes me feel so cozy. I imagine cold rainy days outside, warm comfy environs inside. Cute dark-haired guys, too.

Modern Ireland Modern Ireland What the Harry Potter of Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2022 2:14 AM

Why so triggered, r24?

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2022 2:16 AM

No one even knows who did it. It's not a race thing.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2022 2:16 AM

R24, I said nothing wrong. Many DLers live in the area. It's like murders in WeHo. It's relevant to many of us.

Stop being so malicious.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2022 2:18 AM

Hey, OP/Cunt. Fourteen of the posts here are yours.

You're a phony hand-wringing piece of shit who doesn't belong here. Go weep over random dead strangers elsewhere. It's not like anyone here wanted to fuck her. Keep at the "I didn't do anything wrong" while you keep posting your shit. Like you were doing a public service announcement and whining about the beauty of the girl. Sick. You're sick and need to reign in your worst impulses or go to Reddit or some pussy site.

Fuck off, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2022 2:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2022 2:26 AM

The guy wanted a divan and she showed him a chaise lounge.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2022 2:27 AM

R28, you're mean.

She was very pretty. What's wrong with noting that? She had a beautiful life and it was taken from her. It's a crime issue.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2022 2:27 AM

Fuck you, racist shit, R31/OP/on and on.

Follow her to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Are the jars alright?

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2022 2:36 AM

Oh God It's Lululemon once again. It's yesterday once more.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2022 2:41 AM

R28, you're being unjustifiably officious—and rageful for no reason. I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2022 2:42 AM

R32, I don't see anything racist here. And you were pretty racist, too. I don't appreciate your racist comment about BTS.

Overall though, I feel sorry for you. Be well.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2022 2:45 AM

Who links to FOX News youtube videos??

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2022 2:57 AM

Murderer arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2022 3:00 AM

BLM !

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2022 3:11 AM

[quote]Hey, OP/Cunt. Fourteen of the posts here are yours

So have you. You're coming off as a lunatic.

You're Pro-Murder. What kind of scumbag is pro-murder? YOU

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2022 3:19 AM

Let's not make this a race thing. That's not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2022 3:22 AM

He looks like a lice/crab infested homeless who wants to get off the streets and into prison where he'll have 3 hots & a cot and free dental.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2022 3:22 AM

Killed by a garbage person. All nations have them. But for a rich country, there are too many walking around very dangerously.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2022 3:23 AM

He wasn’t arrested and he is still out there . He takes public transit throughout the westside . He hangs out in WEHO sometimes

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2022 3:37 AM

Another meth death. I've been a victim of an aluminum baseball bat to my head coming back from the grocery store in a safe neighborhood. There were homeless around, but the guy who ran through a busy intersection as I was walking home with Christmas groceries 13 months ago looked like a clean cut white guy. Potential blood on the brain, overnight scans, and the fear of dying... Now I have TMI as one of my pre-existing conditions.

At least I can still breathe.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2022 5:06 AM

"NIKOCADO AVOCADO SITS ON MY FACE AFTER EATING A DUMPSTER FULL OF CHILI AND KRAUT!"

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2022 5:08 AM

R28, take your meds. You sound deranged and without compassion. This is a big story. We can talk about it if we want.

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2022 5:30 AM

[quote]Go weep over random dead strangers elsewhere. It's not like anyone here wanted to fuck her. Keep at the "I didn't do anything wrong" while you keep posting your shit.

Could you please elaborate on your hate for victims, or this particular one, as you plot some kind of an agenda that the rest of humanity needs?

You seem to portray yourself as victimized. Please tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 5:39 AM

R40: Why are you answering for OP? That's a different poster.

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 5:59 AM

Her instincts told her he was trouble. She should have trusted them and gone to the bathroom or office and locked herself in and called the police.

But noooooo. These are the instincts they want women to ignore so some men won't be offended or get their feelings hurt.

Fuck these predators and their demands women shut up.

Broad fucking daylight, heavy trafficked street and he was still bold as can be. When you ignore crime, this is what happens. Little crimes become bigger, and criminals escalate especially when you embolden them.

Where did he get the money to travel across country and continue to bail himself out?

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2022 6:41 AM

[quote] Her instincts told her he was trouble. She should have trusted them and gone to the bathroom or office and locked herself in and called the police.

Was there video of what happened? How do you know how she reacted?

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2022 7:13 AM

She texted her friend right before he stabbed her that there was a man in the store giving her bad vibes.

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2022 7:27 AM

R42 Be careful, you can’t stereotype the perp. This thread might end up getting deleted like the other if you don’t champion bum rights.

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2022 7:39 AM

Does Bear spray really work?

by Anonymousreply 54January 19, 2022 7:49 AM

[quote] There is not one fucking thing that father said that any sane human being wouldn't have said. There was nothing right wing or conservative about it. If you don't agree then you are part of the problem we are facing today.

Captain obvious, R16. No shit. Perhaps I should have said more.

I thought about it because the interviewer says 'I know you didn't want to be political'. He's a straight white male guest on FoxNews. Would you go on FoxNews? I brought it up because you might if your child died not because you're a viewer. Do we think CNN wanted to talk to him? This story wasn't front page NYTimes. But Fox is interested in anything related to city crime. In any event, I like what the dad said.

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2022 2:29 PM

The NYTimes didn't mention it at all. Was this a national story? I'm seeing the LATimes did have 2 pieces about it so far.

by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2022 3:13 PM

Let's see who's talking up this story on Twitter. I scanned through the top posts. Local LA tv news reporters. And also the Daily Mail, Fox News, the NYPost, a black GOP congressman from Florida, a GOP guy running for congress in California and an assortment of blue checked right wing authors and pundits I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote]'I blame what's endemic in our society right now, is that everybody seems to be oriented on giving back rights and bestowing favor on people that rob others of their rights,' Todd Kupfer told Fox News.

The "giving back rights" part is just vile. "My daughter would be alive if you didn't give black people rights" is what he's saying.

We get 100,000 posts on all the so-called "black crime" threads on here about how blacks literally WANT their kids to be killed by the cops so they can sue and live high on the hog forever after, there's non-stop bitching about how black people "grift for sympathy" and "make these killings political" when their relatives are murdered for no reason by cops, etc.

This guy immediately runs to Fox News to start blaming Democrats for his daughter's death and none of you motherfuckers says a damn thing.

You think we don't see it, but we do.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2022 3:36 PM

Thank you, R58. I'd been pretending he was more neutral.

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2022 3:39 PM

Such intensity. Such keening.

Unlike for the Asian woman pushed in front of the subway train last week.

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2022 4:43 PM

R58 Get the fuck off your high horse. If that’s what you’re inferring, maybe you need to examine why you see everything through a racial lens. “Giving back rights” to the homeless at the expense of law abiding citizens. And in LA, the politicians and city leaders are to blame, who happen to be soft-on-crime Democrats.

The man whose young daughter was stabbed to death was talking about the homeless junkies and mental street people who are now getting more and more brazen with committing crime. LA is in the middle of a huge crime wave. On the same day his daughter was stabbed to death, a 70 year old county USC nurse (who happened to be black, if that tingles your ass) was smashed into the concrete while waiting for her 5AM bus to work by another homeless freak and died suffering three days later. Two productive, loving women killed by homeless criminals on the same day. THIS IS NOT OKAY! THIS IS NOT NORMAL!

It has gotten to the point in LA where the homeless have more rights than the average citizen, mostly at the expense of women. Out of touch activists and politicians want us to think these bums are just out of luck, poor, sweet fellas who need a hand up. The truth is, these street people are not the cartoonish bums of yore, hitchhiking on trains with a sack on a stick. They are addicts and insane, violent at the drop of a hat. And for those who want help, it is readily available. But most do not want it because they’d have to abide by civilized rules. And to top it off, you can’t force treatment on anyone.

Women and the general public have to fear going to work, going to shop, going to the park or beach, grabbing dinner etc because we have to accomodate these freaks. They’re shitting on the streets, blocking businesses (mostly mom and pop shops in lower-to-middle class areas), and robbing people and homes. And what do the pols want to do? Move them into tiny houses (again in lower to middle class neighborhoods) so the unfortunate residents who worked hard their whole lives to save up for a home can have their property value decimated because a bum camp has been erected across the street. All the while the pols live in heavily guarded enclaves in Bel Air, Brentwood, Encino, Pacific Palisades, etc.

The father showed a lot of restraint in his interview and what he said was straight facts. You’ll change your tune the day you become a victim, which in LA is a question not of if, but when.

by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2022 4:44 PM

[quote] And in LA, the politicians and city leaders are to blame, who happen to be soft-on-crime Democrats.

Many Democrat politicians are coming up with solutions and ideas to get them off the streets. I sure as hell don't see any Republicans coming up with any viable alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote] The "giving back rights" part is just vile. "My daughter would be alive if you didn't give black people rights" is what he's saying.

No. That's YOUR kneekjerk racism injected into the conversation.

He's talking about the homeless AND about criminals. He knew this man was out on TWO bonds - both for violent offenses.

He's correct. You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2022 6:53 PM

They are spending ONE BILLION dollars on the homeless in LA.

All you can do is offer accommodations and if they won't take it too bad. They cannot live on the streets or in parks.

Everyone has to live by rules. If their mothers hadn't thrown them out of basements they'd have to live by her rules.

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2022 9:07 PM

They're spending $1B on the homeless and yet there are more of them at my nearby park (in Westwood) than ever. It can't be optional. They need to be removed from parks, the streets, etc.

by Anonymousreply 65January 19, 2022 10:12 PM

The murderer's been arrested. I guess $250,000 rewards work. The creep was out on $50K bail in South Carolina for shooting somebody, he jumped bail went to LA and got arrested for having stolen goods. They let him out on $1,000 bail a few days ago. WTF? Don't the police check if somebody has been charged with a crime in another state and has jumped bail? Honestly, what incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 66January 19, 2022 11:38 PM

How did he have $1000 for bail? Or $50,000 for the previous bail?

by Anonymousreply 67January 19, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote] he jumped bail went to LA

As so many do. 'Bring us your crazy and homicidal' is an unofficial city motto...

by Anonymousreply 68January 19, 2022 11:50 PM

He’s still on the loose

by Anonymousreply 69January 20, 2022 12:34 AM

R69, he is not. He has been arrested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 20, 2022 12:43 AM

I never feel safe. I guess it's from growing-up gay. Eyes in the back of my head; ears that can hear a mouse fart.

by Anonymousreply 71January 20, 2022 12:53 AM

They found the killer in Pasadena, Ca.

by Anonymousreply 72January 20, 2022 4:18 AM

Rap sheet a mile long

by Anonymousreply 73January 20, 2022 4:42 AM

The video from the 7/11 where he bought a vaper or whatever they're called, is creepy. When he comes back to the woman cashier and decides he wants to change the one he bought for another one, I wondered if he considered stabbing her too. A guy who appeared to work in the store started sidling up to him carrying a box. I thought he must have been getting a creepy vibe off the guy too.

by Anonymousreply 74January 20, 2022 5:25 PM

R24 The deceased was a pretty young white female. What did you expect? What did you REASONABLY expect?

Try decaf next time, hun! ☕

by Anonymousreply 75January 20, 2022 5:33 PM

R75 the media barely gave this story any coverage, like they haven't given coverage to all the black guys attacking Asians

by Anonymousreply 76January 20, 2022 5:38 PM

We are honored to have Joy Reid drop in at R75.

by Anonymousreply 77January 20, 2022 5:42 PM

Has Joy yet dug up some black woman who was murdered and there wasn't such a big reward for finding her murderer? Mark my words: she'll spend a whole show on it!

by Anonymousreply 78January 20, 2022 5:57 PM

[quote]I thought about it because the interviewer says 'I know you didn't want to be political'. He's a straight white male guest on FoxNews. Would you go on FoxNews?

Because the regular news didn't want to report on this and only did so after lots of public outrage. And even then, they didn't show his photo and played it down

There was a recent rape case of an 89 yr old woman and only one regular news station reported on it. The guy raped her for hours. And it they played it down. And the crime was committed by the nephew of a mayoral candidate. Go right ahead and google, rape, libarary, waukesha and you're basically only going to find this on right wing sites.

the media is doing no one any favors by covering up these despicable, horrific crimes up committed by black people. People find out about the crimes, and they slowly begin to stop watching/reading regular media anymore

This happens ALL THE TIME.

by Anonymousreply 79January 20, 2022 5:58 PM

The media will now milk a story for 6 months if it involves some poor black guy who got murdered by the cops. When a black guy murders somebody, it is unspoken. When a black guy pushes an Asian woman in front of a subway train, let's not discuss it, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 80January 20, 2022 6:02 PM

[quote]Has Joy yet dug up some black woman who was murdered and there wasn't such a big reward for finding her murderer? Mark my words: she'll spend a whole show on it!

There's a reason why they don't get the same coverage. It's not always about race. It's about class. Poor people tend to have fucked lives. They're involved in all kinds of sketchy shit.. A lot of them are criminals or have criminals in their family. That goes for whites and blacks. The media is for the most part, LAZY AS CAN BE. They want an uncomplicated "story" that won't require them to do very much work. They also don't want to be perceived as saying anything bad about black people.

They may be a little racist, but they don't like covering cases about people from fucked up families.

by Anonymousreply 81January 20, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote] Because the regular news didn't want to report on this and only did so after lots of public outrage. And even then, they didn't show his photo and played it down There was a recent rape case of an 89 yr old woman and only one regular news station reported on it. The guy raped her for hours. And it they played it down. And the crime was committed by the nephew of a mayoral candidate. Go right ahead and google, rape, libarary, waukesha and you're basically only going to find this on right wing sites. the media is doing no one any favors by covering up these despicable, horrific crimes up committed by black people. People find out about the crimes, and they slowly begin to stop watching/reading regular media anymore This happens ALL THE TIME.

The Biggest Lie in the White Supremacist Propaganda Playbook: Unraveling the Truth About ‘Black-on-White Crime

One of the most exaggerated statistics was about the number of white people killed by other white people. Trump’s tweet claimed the number was 16 percent, while the FBI’s data shows it is 82 percent. The tweet also asserted that 81 percent of whites are killed by black people; the FBI number is 15 percent. As the Post concluded, “Trump cast blacks as the primary killers of whites, but the exact opposite is true. By overwhelming percentages, whites tend to kill other whites. Similarly, blacks tend to kill other blacks. These trends have been observed for decades.”

It’s not just Trump. The far-right ecosystem repeats versions of these ideas ad nauseum. Relying on “statistics” found in a white supremacist tract, the paleoconservative one-time presidential candidate Pat Buchanan wrote in 2007: “The real repository of racism in America — manifest in violent interracial assault, rape and murder — is to be found not in the white community, but the African-American community.” Until very recently, Breitbart news used a “black crime” story tag.

Misrepresented crime statistics are a main propaganda point of America’s hate movement, and a pillar of white supremacist thinking in the United States. Stormfront, the oldest hate site on the internet, has thousands of pages devoted to the “issue” of black-on-white crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 20, 2022 6:46 PM

The national news media does not pick up every violent. If they did, They wouldn't cover anything else. Which might be great for the elderly shut-ins here who are obsessed with crime. However, most people want more. Most crime in intraracial (white on white, black on black). People are victimized every second of the day. The notion that unless the national news media covers every single incident; they are participating in some sort of cover up = absurd stupidity. The notion that you have to tune into Fox News to get anything other than right wing propaganda is also - absurd stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 83January 20, 2022 6:52 PM

R77 don't you fun of my cheap ratty Korean weave!

I will cut a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 84January 20, 2022 6:52 PM

[quote] It has gotten to the point in LA where the homeless have more rights than the average citizen

They literally don’t have anywhere to live. In most enlightened societies, housing is generally considered a right rather than a privilege. Homeless people also have much lower life expectancy, have difficulty voting etc etc etc.

You’re so stupid lol.

by Anonymousreply 85January 20, 2022 7:19 PM

You think homeless are going to vote?!? And you’re calling others stupid? Do they even know who the President is?

by Anonymousreply 86January 20, 2022 7:24 PM

R85 most of the homeless are mentally ill. The well-meaning decided to view state hospitals as 'prisons' for poor folks who just happened to be schizophrenic and incurable. And then Ronnie Raygun decided this was a great way to save money: close down the state hospitals - voila! the homeless.

You can't totally blame American nitwitedness though: the anti-institutional movement was widespread in Western countries though most of those countries tried to actually provide care in the community.

In the US, there is no viable care in the community for the chronically mentally ill who invariably are non-compliant with their meds and refuse to take part in therapy preferring to rant and rave. Involuntary commitment is nigh on impossible and the mentally ill frequently end up in jail after committing a crime.

For example, in Texas, the biggest dispenser of psychiatric care and psych meds is the Harris County (Houston) jail.

by Anonymousreply 87January 20, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote] Does bear spray even work?

I need to put this link in the pit bull thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 20, 2022 9:20 PM

"Rap sheet a mile long"

As with most homeless.

by Anonymousreply 89January 20, 2022 10:30 PM

She shouldn't have been working in the store alone.

But this lunatic shouldn't have been roaming the streets either.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2022 2:42 AM

How did she get stabbed? If she was already sketched out by him to text her friend, she must have been on alert and keeping her distance.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2022 2:49 AM

Did you see how big the guy is? He obviously just ran over and stabbed her. I think he wanted to stab the cashier in the 7/11 too but a guy moved over next to him and he figured he might have a fight on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2022 3:42 AM

Such a beautiful girl with a bright future. I hate evil people.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2022 3:44 AM

What is that neighborhood like? La Brea seems pretty rough. I can't picture what the intersection of it and Beverly looks like.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2022 3:55 AM

The neighboorhood is at the intersection of Hancock Park (wealthy area) and Fairfax (hip area). This block is full of high end custom furniture shops and conservative Jewish institutions and temples. It’s close to The Grove, Farmer’s Market, and LACMA. It’s also walking distance to some of LA’s best restaurants. In other words, it was a perfectly fine area.

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2022 4:58 AM

R90 So no one should ever be alone at work? I see you have no small business experience.

This tragic murder happened because we’re soft on crime, especially in CA.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2022 5:04 AM

thanks r95

She probably never thought for a second that working in a fancy furniture store would be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2022 5:11 AM

If they don't want to arm everyone then give them bear spray.

They'll just have to clean the furniture. Or any other products. And get sued by other customers affected.

Hell, looks like a gun is less trouble.

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2022 5:13 AM

Defund the police!!!!

oops never mind

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2022 5:15 AM

Here's a case of a 17 year old in Texas who shot his girlfriend in the back 22 times and was released on $250,000 bail ($25,000). And the victim's family is worried he'll come after them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2022 10:04 AM

These states need proper Bail Statutes. They need to be able to hold some defendants without bond.

Money bonds are unconstitutional and ineffective. DC has a pretty good bond statute which did away with money bonds in 1990. We also have the ability to hold defendants if a certain level of evidence can be shown in court that they are either unlikely to adhere to court orders pretrial (stay aways, previous failures to appear for court appearances, other conditions) and/or they are a danger to the community (level of evidence in the present case as well as previous behavior or crimes - witness intimidation, stay away violations etc). Those who violate any conditions of pretrial release can be hauled back into court to see if the pretrial conditions should be increased or revoked completely.

You can't just end money bonds. You have to have a system in place that closely monitors most defendants for safety and abscondence.

The bondsman lobby can be powerful.

by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2022 5:08 PM

R100, that guy just hates females. Thinks he’s a bad ass thug

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote] She shouldn't have been working in the store alone.

Easy to say. Maybe? Probably? 1 person is probably enough to staff a high end furniture place?

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2022 1:55 AM

Wasn't the rest of the staff on lunch break?

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2022 2:07 AM

It made national news. It was on CBS and other outlets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2022 3:28 AM

Good Morning America. National news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2022 3:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2022 3:30 AM

NBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2022 3:30 AM

Inside Edition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2022 3:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2022 3:32 AM

CBS Evening News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2022 3:32 AM

Telemundo News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2022 3:33 AM

AP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2022 3:34 AM

ABC News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2022 3:35 AM

His looks changed dramatically. I'm skeptical all the pictures are him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2022 3:37 AM

They held a vigil yesterday. Really sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2022 3:38 AM

Now they are reporting on it, an entire week later.

by Anonymousreply 117January 22, 2022 8:43 AM

And you don't you read up on the Channon Christian case and explain to me why the press didn't want to cover that.

GO AHEAD. Tell me why.

by Anonymousreply 118January 22, 2022 8:47 AM

RR109, R110 113, R114

Hey fuckface, a Detroit man is granted $5k bond days after 'setting his pregnant-with-twins girlfriend on fire and burning 60% of her body': Democrat DA who supports bail reform admits bond was 'woefully inadequate'

It's not on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN MSNBC

But it's on The Daily Mail, Fox news, The NY Post, in even in European newspapers

This depraved animal got a $5,000 bail. All he has to put up is $500 to bail out of jail.

This is a normal day in America.

by Anonymousreply 119January 23, 2022 8:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 23, 2022 8:51 PM

R113, it's even in a Nigerian newspaper, but not on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 23, 2022 8:55 PM

Even some little newspaper in Texas is reporting about this HORRIFIC crime. But not ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN MSNBC

They'll only report on it later if people start talking about it all over social media

by Anonymousreply 122January 23, 2022 9:00 PM

Little paper in Texas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 23, 2022 9:00 PM

GARBAGE person.

by Anonymousreply 124January 23, 2022 9:08 PM

It's in the national news. Kind of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 23, 2022 9:24 PM

Univision

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Unless cable news starts to once again cover crimes even when the perpetrator is black, there's going to be backlash. Since George Floyd they are terrified of pointing out crimes committed by black men. And they commit plenty.

by Anonymousreply 127January 23, 2022 9:25 PM

I stopped watching cable news. I just don't trust them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 128January 23, 2022 9:27 PM

It's been going on for quite a while before George Floyd R127. I've been living in a black neighborhood, and well aware of what makes the news and what does not. This includes even local news. There are murders that barely make an appearance on local channel websites.

by Anonymousreply 129January 23, 2022 10:26 PM

R127 I don’t ever watch cable news, but does cable news ever do reports on poverty and how it disproportionately affects black communities in America? Tackling poverty is really the only way to reduce violent crime, but I don’t think most of you would be ok with that either lol. I think you all just love to complain.

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2022 6:52 PM

There are a growing number of black Youtubers who have been calling out the crime in the black communities for a while now. They just aren't having it or the excuses anymore. They see the issues for what they are and see through the politics that keeps it going.

Some of them now call themselves conservatives but most of them are just not far left or are what we would normally call liberals in almost all areas. They are being driven out of the Democratic party - or they're driving themselves. Some of them have huge followings.

by Anonymousreply 131January 24, 2022 8:49 PM

I'm R129, and that's exactly what I'm seeing and hearing from people around me. It's infuriating the way MSM has been presenting things, and you're not even allowed to say anything about it without others screeching and screaming their heads off about fighting racism, bigotry, so on and so forth. They go on and on, yet have no practical idea what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 132January 24, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote]but does cable news ever do reports on poverty and how it disproportionately affects black communities in America? Tackling poverty is really the only way to reduce violent crime, but I don’t think most of you would be ok with that either

I might watch cable news if they did that. But they don't do that. So I don't watch it. All they fucking do is complain about trump and the republicans. And no one hates the trump and the republicans more than I do, but I don't want to hear the cable news anchors bitching about the same thing. Report some news. All they worry about is politics. 24 hours a day of this shit is too much. Since they've started just being only about politics, the country really has gone downhill.

I don't watch cable news and more importantly neither do other people. But a lot of those other people get a lot of their news from Facebook and other crazy fake sources.

by Anonymousreply 133January 24, 2022 10:25 PM

[quote]There are a growing number of black Youtubers who have been calling out the crime in the black communities for a while now. They just aren't having it or the excuses anymore. They see the issues for what they are and see through the politics that keeps it going. Some of them now call themselves conservatives but most of them are just not far left or are what we would normally call liberals in almost all areas. They are being driven out of the Democratic party - or they're driving themselves. Some of them have huge followings.

they are going to vote republican. The democrats are sitting back and letting all of this happen. Shame on those lazy, weak, useless, assholes. It's like late 1920s Germany all over again. This is how it happens. One party sits back and allows it.

by Anonymousreply 134January 24, 2022 11:58 PM

Democrats are too afraid of offending some minority or some self-invented minority (the pronouns people) to ignore their whining and attack the GOP head on. The GOP doesn't beat us, we beat ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 135January 25, 2022 12:54 AM

CNN still doesn't want to know. But the rest of the world knows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 25, 2022 1:08 AM

R109, R110, R113, R114

MSNBC isn't reporting on this either

A man sets his girlfriend on fire, who is pregnant with twins. And then they let him out on a bail so fucking low that he only has to pay $500 to get out of jail

I'm waiting for your reply

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 25, 2022 1:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!