Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Face masks make people more attractive

Another reason to cover up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2022 6:39 PM

Another example of overpositive self-illusion of unattractive people, I suppose. Pretty people are pretty people who need no superficial embellishment.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 10:41 PM

If taking an approach of "bag that face!" makes you MORE attractive.....well.......that says quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 10:45 PM

Despite being outrageously handsome myself, I love wearing a mask in public for the anonymity of it all. And one thing is certain, I will never fly again without a mask. I always seem to get sick after sitting in a plane for a couple of hours. Planes are uber-gross disease factories.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 10:50 PM

I’ve got prominent cheekbones & a square jaw, so masks are certainly not my friend.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 10:51 PM

Well you have to take the mask off eventually, fuggos. Then what?

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 11:44 PM

Present hole. Keep em off-guard.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote] after a UK study

Can’t imagine why.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 11:53 PM

I hear you, R4. In my case, it’s my full lips. I’ve often received compliments about them. Now, no one can appreciate the lushness.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2022 12:05 AM

KN95 masks make people look like ducks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2022 12:54 AM

I definitely focus on people’s eyes more now. I used to look at lips and teeth a lot and now it’s just eye contact.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2022 12:57 AM

I’ve noticed actually that women with large beautiful eyes look even lovelier in a mask because their eyes are more prominent.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2022 1:05 AM

Having turned 40 the spring of 2020, and then wearing a mask every day since, I feel a bit cheated. The twilight of my youngish-looks is dwindling and by the time I take off the mask, I'll probably have become officially invisible.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2022 1:32 AM

No they don't

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2022 1:46 AM

I teach college students, mostly freshmen and sophomore. One thing I noticed after a semester of masking (we were online 2020-2021) was that masks made them look older. I can access their ID photo via an online roster, but I really got to know them -- and their (masked) faces -- in the classroom. I never saw them unmasked, week after week.

However, I would run into them (unmasked) occasionally other places on campus, and every single time, I was surprised that they looked younger than I had anticipated. The same held true when I looked at their roster photos -- younger.

My theory is that we tend to subconsciously assume people are more similar to us than they really are, and maybe this holds for age as well.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2022 10:38 AM

Surgical masks: the poor man's rhinoplasty!

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2022 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!