Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT). Anyone currently doing it?

Lately my sex drive is way down. I'm 48 and up until about a year ago it was very high.

Anyone have experience with TRT and if so, what were the result? Would you recommend/discourage?

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 6:52 PM

I don't know how safe it is, OP. Just go with meth.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 5:35 PM

Good advice R1. With the meth, OP, you don’t need to worry about a functioning hairdon either. Just smoke, lie back, and put out the “wide open for all cummers” sign near your left buttock. Sex problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 5:41 PM

Couldn't agree more, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 6:06 PM

I thought it was a huge relief when my sex drive took a dive. I have no interest in artificially boosting it up again.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 6:07 PM

shots are the most economical and you feel it more but you get injections typically every two weeks, which can leave you a bit in the throes of the before and after...

there's implants but rarely used these days

patches - typically for the arm, back or stomach and rarely these days testicular. it can be difficult to keep on

gel & creams - but you risk transfer if not careful. . . and some believe it evaporates too quickly, so dosage can be a bit scattered.

there's pills, of course, but they carry higher risks for damage and cancer.

as to the dosage, it depends on your levels as to how much they'll prescribe... if you're buying offsource, then your best bet is to look at bodybuilding forums or men's health forums or male chromosomal disorders & diabetes or even ftm. there are a few 'trip report' sites that include information. Although you can also find medical tutorials on the subject for a proper break down and guesstimate. But it's all in your hands.

offsource - you should look into testing it but that can delay your time between dosages and the longer it stays in transit the more likely it is to be seized or damaged. Also, how it's suspended or other impurities man cause injection site swelling and has a greater risk for allergic reactions. Frankly, these days though it's easy enough to get a prescription. with added cost, you can do it online and there's usually find an unscrupulous clinic in a major city.

your age makes it easier but you might want to question if you've also experienced fatigue, depression, mood swings, muscle weakness, weight gain, poor body fat distribution, etc also wouldn't hurt if your testicles were on the small side or tended to hide upwards rather than in the scrotum.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 6:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 6:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 6:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 6:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 6:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 6:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 6:19 PM

Ask Andrew Sullivan about the Big T.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 6:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 6:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 6:22 PM

Agreed, r4.

From Noel Coward's Present Laughter:

"To me the whole business is vastly overrated. I enjoy it for what it's worth and fully intend to go on doing so for as long as anybody's interested and when the time comes that they're not I shall be perfectly content to settle down with an apple and a good book!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 6:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!