Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Question for any vacation rental owners

Several of us were planning on spending Christmas 2022 in a nearby historic town in the historic district. We decided to plan early so we'd have an idea for budget and to snag a great place. Problem I'm running into is everything is already blocked out for that time period.

My question: are they actually booked or are the owners simply saving them until later in the year?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 6:59 PM

You've answered your own question. It is most likely one of the two. In our case we blocked things out on big holidays because family was visiting and we wanted the spaces for our own purposes.

Keep looking and good luck.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 5:19 PM

Thanks R1. I just looked and the old historic grand dame of hotels is available. It's beautiful at Christmas and they put on a fabulous brunch Christmas morning that I've been to. We may just do that.

It's supposedly haunted too and is on ghost tours. I don't believe in that stuff but it might be fun looking.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 5:46 PM

maybe broaden your search to a unhistoric town in a unhistoric district.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 5:47 PM

Or better, go to Barstow. I believe there is some pioneer history in that area.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 5:55 PM

No thanks R3/4. We want to go here for the eating, events, and bars and shopping.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 6:05 PM

R2, It sounds like you refer to Quebec. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 6:11 PM

No R6.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 6:25 PM

I have several condos at Tahoe…I block them for November and December until October, when I can assess the market and adjust the price.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 6:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!