Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is life going to continue getting more surreal?

Maybe in some cool ways, maybe just bad ones?

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 6:26 AM

Lay off the pot, dude.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 2:13 AM

I think it will get more surreal as we get closer to the mid-terms.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 2:17 AM

I really should.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 2:17 AM

Don’t you ever wonder if it will ever go “back” to normal really?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 2:20 AM

fish hoopskirt tango

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 2:36 AM

It will when the rest of you stand up and fight back against these power grabs.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 2:42 AM

R4 what do you consider "normal?"

If you mean life without fear of Covid, yes someday it will be gone or there will be a better way to prevent/cure it. Life without masks? Probably within this year.

However, we who have gone through this pandemic might never be "normal" again. We know too much now about our fellow humans and we are not amused.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 2:49 AM

I would never impugn the term "surreal" by using it to describe what life is like now.

Vote Republicans out of office like your life depends on it, which, as a matter of fact, it does.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 4:52 AM

R7 You put it perfectly. We are not amused. I would add to what you wrote that I don't think people will allow themselves to be locked down again. It's become a political lightning rod. Regarding surreality, I think we are going to see some shit we have never seen before and we will be compared to countries we normally aren't. We will see home security continue growing and more private retail events to keep out the thieves. And cars will start having more robust security features and bullet proofing. Sad reality but inevitable when laws are not enforced and criminals are allowed to thrive.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote] I think it will get more surreal as we get closer to the mid-terms.

Shit, I didn't even think about that. November 8, 2022.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 5:18 AM

You import the third world, you get the third world r9

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 5:24 AM

R11 the cancer is from within and not imported. Trumps 41,000 lies aren't imported, they were manifested from his evil lizard brain.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 6:02 AM

r12 you got him elected, tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 6:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 6:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!