Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Collective Soul - Any Fans Here?`

They were a big part of so-called modern rock stations in the 90s. One of those bands where you don't realize how many of their songs you know until you hear them. "The World I Know" is probably my favorite. Beautiful production!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2023 9:08 PM

Yes! I stumbled upon them playing in Brisbane (in a public space).

They were really great!

This was after the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 2:10 AM

Dolly Parton's version of their "Shine" is highly regarded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 2:19 AM

Shine is one of my top ten annoying songs of all time no joke - and it’s also one of those that takes about a week to get out of your end once it sneaks in there.

So no. Did they have any other hit songs?

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2022 2:19 AM

You need more fiber in your diet. Nothing should take a week to come out of your end.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2022 2:21 AM

This song reminds me of my first fantastic year living in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 2:23 AM

Your mind*

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 2:26 AM

December is the song I most associate with Collective Soul.

Worth a revisit during 2022: during times of the pandemic and tsunami....

“Why drink the water from my hands, contagious as you think I am?.........

Why follow me to higher ground, lost as you think I am?.....”

Did not realize they were one of the first grunge bands outside of Seattle and from Stockton, Georgia of all places!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 2:37 AM

I remember on Howard Stern they complained about how the cover of their Blender cd made them look like a boy band!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 1:47 PM

They're a decent band. Wasn't a passionate fan of their music. But compared to some other bands of the era that I loathe (Counting Crows, Train) they had music I enjoyed and everyone was talented and played well.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 1:55 PM

I see they still tour.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 2:04 PM

They were a typical '90s alt rock band. Some of their music is pretty good. I like "Run."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 2:16 PM

Terrible band.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 2:25 PM

I just discovered them.

I too like "Run." Great vocal hook.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2023 8:54 PM

Sounds like the Goo Goo Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2023 9:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!