Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK vs. The World coming Feb. 1

I don’t know if have another full season of Monique Heart in me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 14, 2022 2:20 PM

Who the fuck cares the country is on the verge of civil war, Covid is about to overtake us and the Chinese can nuke us in 15 minutes. Watching some elderly dragqueen on failing protease inhibitors does not interest me .

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2022 1:35 AM

Yes, R1. I’m sure you spend 24 hours a day preparing for the apocalypse and don’t watch a lick of TV.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2022 1:44 AM

Drag Race UK-inspired loo roll dolls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2022 8:12 PM

It's out now, I'll give it a watch this evening.

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2022 10:35 PM

It was entertaining-ish. They need a no lip synching rule for the talent shows.

Monique is already getting the bitch edit.

Pangina and Jimbo are my early faves. I enjoy all of the UK girls. The Holland Queen and JuJu were zzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2022 10:52 PM

Haven’t seen it yet, but Pangina and Jimbo have always been my faves.

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2022 11:01 PM

These are probably the worst "guys" in London

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2022 11:04 PM

Baga Chipz should have gone. Absolute mess.

by Anonymousreply 8February 2, 2022 12:58 AM

These talent shows really are pretty boring. The show has decided they love them but until Jimbo went I was so damn bored. Same with regular season drag race where Willow was the only memorable one.

We all love Jujubee but that performance was so meh and that runway wasn't any better. Though Baga's runway was godawful. A cheap looking costume with horrible face paint.

I do really like this concept of queens from different countries coming together. It should have been a nonelimination for the first episode like they do on regular seasons.

Feel bad for whoever leaves after one episode given the massive amounts of money they would have spent getting ready for the show.

by Anonymousreply 9February 2, 2022 1:07 AM

How long has Drag Race been on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 2, 2022 1:21 AM

The big shows that inspired Ru were Americas Next Top Model and Project Runway. Model has ended but PR is still going also.

Though Project Runway lost pop culture significance, while Drag Race is bigger than ever. I do wonder how long until the bubble pops.

by Anonymousreply 11February 2, 2022 2:21 AM

It's too bad they didn't film this after more Drag Race UK seasons. Cheryl Hole and Baga Chipz? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 12February 2, 2022 5:32 AM

They should have thrown Nikki Doll in, instead of Jujubee (as much as I love her), but I guess they needed another Asian (no other contestant from Thailand could hold a candle to Pangina), and since Jujubee was already there for Queen of the Universe, it was probably cheaper to keep her there. And I would have chosen Tayce instead of Sheryl.

I read in Reddit somewhere that they filmed this before the Spanish and their Italians finished their season, maybe the Aussies were in lock down at the time?

by Anonymousreply 13February 2, 2022 10:09 AM

I'm watching it now and AIRLINE just walked in. So excited. I love her.

I'm not policing the casting, but I can't help notice that "versus THE WORLD" may be the whitest cast in the history of the franchise. It was all white people until the one from Thailand entered, followed by Monique and Airline. I find that so peculiar given that the US series alone is usually minority majority, and this one claims to represent "the world." Canada, the Netherlands and the UK all are such mixed populations. I wonder if the producers even noticed.

Anyway! I do love Airline a lot, and I also like Lemon and Blu and I think Jim is an interesting critter. I think I liked Janey from Holland and Baga is a lot of fun. This is a pretty great cast. I recall that Monique won me over eventually but something about her put me off, between the "brown cow fabulous" thing that I've never understood and the combativeness.

I thought I had totally ODd on Drag Race but I am kind of looking forward to this one now because of the cast.

I haven't seen Thailand but I've read only good things about it, and so I expect a lot from the contestant (whose name I hate).

by Anonymousreply 14February 2, 2022 11:12 AM

God it was awful. Everything about it seemed low-rent and boring. They should all get Emmys for even pretending to give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 2, 2022 12:32 PM

No. Just no. Drag Race needs to go away. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 16February 2, 2022 12:45 PM

Who the hell is "Airline"?

I hope Pangina lights everyone besides JuJu and Jimbo on fire.

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2022 12:50 PM

Airline is Jujubees real boy name r17, she does a whole bit about it in All Stars 1.

Though I don't know why that poster is obsessed with only calling her that.

by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2022 12:58 PM

Someone should tell Shauna Richardson that loo roll dolls have been around for a *very* long time, R3. My great grandmother had one in the 60s..

by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2022 1:19 PM

"minority majority" is an oxymoron, R14, and the UK is 80% White. You'll find that the majority of European countries are predominantly White. Like Asia, for example, is predominantly Asian..

by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2022 1:25 PM

Thanks, r18, I didn't watch that All Stars because the teams situation made no sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 21February 2, 2022 1:33 PM

Jimbos on? I may watch this one

by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]I read in Reddit somewhere that they filmed this before the Spanish and their Italians finished their season, maybe the Aussies were in lock down at the time?

UK3 and this were filmed back to back in March 2021. DRDU was filmed in New Zealand the preceding January. España was also filmed in March and Italia was filmed in September.

by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]I didn't watch that All Stars because the teams situation made no sense to me.

The AS1 teams twist was a last-minute production decision by WOW. AS1 was originally planned to run about the same length as a regular season, but not long before filming began Logo/Viacom decided they only wanted six episodes (in case it flopped). To salvage the casting, WOW came up with the teams twist to eliminate the queens twice as fast.

There were originally supposed to be 13 queens, but WOW had to make it an even dozen. This is why Willam ended up getting cut from the cast at the 11th hour.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2022 4:20 PM

^ To elaborate, Willam was going to be paired with Phi Phi, who ended up unable to do the show because of an outstanding arrest warrant. Production felt Willam wouldn't be a good fit with anyone else on the cast, so they swapped her out with another queen (reportedly Mimi Imfurst).

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote]Airline is Jujubees real boy name

Juju's family emigrated from Laos. She claims that her parents named her after the first English word they saw in the US (a sign at the airport).

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2022 4:54 PM

Pan Pan is so hot out of drag. Sadly, he's already getting death threats for sending home the first out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2022 5:46 PM

R18 I'm not 'obsessed with calling her only that.' I just love Airline as a name. It's so bizarre that it's somehow adorable.

by Anonymousreply 28February 3, 2022 1:42 AM

Death threats?? What is the world coming to?

by Anonymousreply 29February 3, 2022 1:47 AM

Lemon is pretty popular so a lot of kids got very upset she was eliminated. Was she actually the worst? Maybe not, but her talent show performance was not good. I don't understand this pretending like she was robbed. She is not nearly as good as a dancer as she thinks she is, and someone in her life needs to tell her that.

by Anonymousreply 30February 3, 2022 2:27 AM

The one from Holland was the obvious worst as far as I am concerned because it just wasn't creative or interesting, but Lemon's performance was weirdly sedate. It was strange. Her face had little expression, her body movements seemed mechanical. It was like watching Britney Spears do all the moves without any human animus during her Blackout period. But Lemon did put in a lot of effort and I feel like that big jump at the end at least showed ambition.

Jimbo is SO fucking weird that it is mesmerizing. But is he a drag queen or a mime or a clown? Both of his costumes completely obscured his face, and usually the judges rake people over the coals when they do that. I get how his uniqueness alone got him to the top but I really question whether that was drag.

Pan Pan. I have never seen or heard this person before. She is the closest thing to a RuPaul I have ever seen on the show. She looks like a giant. She is composed and confident and seems like a total pro. All the rest seem messy compared with her. I can't really imagine her not winning.

Question about the show concept. It's called UK versus the world, but it wasn't set up that way. Two "the world" contestants won and they sent a "the world" contestant home. I assumed they'd be set up in opposition as the two factions and would eliminate one another that way. It's probably better that it doesn't work that way, but the show should have been called "The world in the UK" or something since there's no 'versus' happening.

by Anonymousreply 31February 3, 2022 2:35 AM

It's really just an international all stars, but since it is filmed in the UK and is a BBC production they landed on this UK versus the world branding. I agree it doesn't really make sense as that is not actually the concept of the show.

But it did lead to a great line from Jujubee.

by Anonymousreply 32February 3, 2022 2:48 AM

Monique's religious number was sort of off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 33February 3, 2022 2:48 AM

I wish they had done this like Painted with Raven where the contestants were given points based on where they placed each week. Keep them all on for the duration or maybe cut some at a certain point as they don’t have enough points. We could enjoy our favorites longer and all the expense they put in would be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 34February 3, 2022 3:18 AM

r34, yes, that would have been great, given the shorter number of contestants. Maybe they'll bring Lemon back like they do on other shows.

If Pangina doesn't win, nothing is right in this world. She knows exactly what is needed to win, given that she was a judge for 2 seasons and owns a drag bar. The other Thai contestant I would have chosen is Annee May Wong, but I don't think she speaks English.

Just a little frock that Pangina is wearing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2022 10:15 AM

R33, especially since she used to proctor ex-gay reparative therapy, but of course everyone wants us to forget that and act like her psycho Bible thumping schtick is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2022 11:05 AM

Has Pangina had some sort of weird surgery to make her look less Asian? Or is it just the nosejob? There's something off about her face.

by Anonymousreply 37February 3, 2022 11:07 AM

You lot seem to be seeing something in Pangina that I don't. We thought for sure she would be the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 38February 3, 2022 11:09 AM

Pangina's appearance is less typically Thai than I would expect based on Thai people I have met, but there could be more natural variance than white people tend to think of as there is within any group. Or she may have had a lot of surgeries and nonsurgical procedures. It seems like about half the queens significantly alter their faces now. I don't know if those alterations necessarily have to be designed to make her look "less Asian." Consider Detox and Chad Michaels. Without makeup, both could be said to look "less white" in the sense that all their features are freaky and not naturally human at all, much less European looking.

I am most struck by Pan's US accent. It's really incredible. I saw she went to an international school and lived in LA for four years, but damn.

I praised Pan above and compared her to RuPaul, R38. I don't think she's Meryl Streep or Ginger Rogers, but she comports herself in an unusually professional way. Her movements are so assured. The whole 'splits' thing is so overdone it's uninteresting to me at this point, but still, when she fell into a split, I was struck by the speed of the drop and how controlled her body was from beginning to end. She just seems to have a charismatic heft and physical control the others don't. My judgment is based entirely on this episode, though, and I certainly could eat crow as the show goes on.

by Anonymousreply 39February 3, 2022 11:21 AM

R33 I didn’t even realize that. I couldn’t understand anything she was singing with the weird mic effects or whatever it was. That makes the whole thing worse.

by Anonymousreply 40February 3, 2022 11:58 AM

Pangina's English is good (why she had to be picked, not many Thai finalists would be that comfortable in English) r38 but it is obvious she isn't a native speaker. I was really surprised by Jackee who you can barely tell doesn't speak English natively. Though I guess a lot of Dutch people are really good at English.

by Anonymousreply 41February 3, 2022 12:16 PM

R39 This is what Pangina’s had done (according to herself). I don’t know what she looked like before but her work is all pretty good as far as I can tell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]The other Thai contestant I would have chosen is Annee May Wong, but I don't think she speaks English.

My pick (if they do a S2) would be Vanda Miss Joaquim. She's Singaporean and fluent in English, but she doesn't speak Thai at all. She gagged Pan and the other judges by lip syncing phonetically but accurately to a Thai pop song in DRT S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2022 2:48 PM

[quote]It's really just an international all stars, but since it is filmed in the UK and is a BBC production they landed on this UK versus the world branding. I agree it doesn't really make sense as that is not actually the concept of the show.

I wish they had ditched All Stars rules in favor of regular-season rules. There are no cash tips for winning the lip syncs—just RuPeter Badges and grief from the fans when the queens send home a favorite.

by Anonymousreply 44February 3, 2022 3:20 PM

R43, I was oscillating between Année and Vanda (i knew she spoke English), but I think Année’s presentation is more polished and lux than Vanda. Vanda has such charm and beautiful face- why can’t we have both compete ?

by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2022 5:05 PM

If you can finally get this show to women dressing as women and not talking nasty, then I'll watch it.

Until then, never.

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2022 5:15 PM

It would be cruel to cast a queen who isn't good at English r45. They will immediately be booted the first challenge that requires the queens to talk.

That's always going to be the limiting factor in terms of what queens from other countries get cast for future seasons of this (God knows this is just the first, no stopping Drag Race right now)

by Anonymousreply 47February 3, 2022 5:46 PM

R41 Most Dutch people speak English at native level with a US accent. I find it fascinating. I never really realized that Dutch is basically a hybrid of English and German.

When I was young, I had a hookup friend who was from the Netherlands. He was very tall, blond, beautiful, very nice, and he sounded almost like he was a native US speaker. I thought he must be a genius. Then I met another Dutch guy and went to Amsterdam to visit him and realized American English is as common as Dutch is, at least in Amsterdam.

The Holland Drag Race series is a mindfuck to me because all the contestants flow seamlessly between speaking Dutch and speaking American English, and to my brain it feels like I am mishearing half of what they are saying.

by Anonymousreply 48February 3, 2022 11:44 PM

R43 The show could also get Genie, if they wanted a filler queen/early out for an international season, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 4, 2022 12:59 AM

Mocha Diva speaks English too (she's Filipino). Based on her messy exit in S2, she would be good for drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 4, 2022 4:17 AM

I can't remember, but didn't Jimbo say he chose Lemon also in Untucked? If Jimbo won, would he have gotten death threats as well?

by Anonymousreply 51February 4, 2022 7:58 PM

Jimbo choose Jackee r51. It will be shown next episode but he has talked about it at viewing parties.

by Anonymousreply 52February 4, 2022 8:19 PM

I loved Jimbo's crazy talent act. I'm so over all the singing/syncing and dancing acts - so fucking boring

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2022 4:19 AM

I really don't understand why people are sending death threats to drag queens. Why do things escalate like this nowadays?

And over Lemon? FFS!

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2022 10:02 AM

I’m not convinced that the queens receive death threats at all. I think it’s something they say to get sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2022 3:25 PM

Another episode of Jimbo and Pangina dominating.

Im glad they called out Juju kinda coasting, but of course she is. Jujubee is not hungry for this opportunity. Juju is well established at this point, and there is not even a cash prize involved. She clearly said yes for the fun of it not because she is actually desperate to win.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2022 12:37 AM

"What would you do, tiny umbrella?"

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2022 4:55 AM

I would rather Cheryl stayed.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2022 5:00 AM

Not me, R58, but I hope JuJu can step her pussy up.

Love Pangina and Jimbo.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2022 5:43 AM

I get not wanting to make a huge investment if there's no prize money, but she's risking her legacy by putting in zero effort yet getting saved over queens who really wanted to be there. Going out on the runway with your pantyhose-covered puss out? What. A. Sin.

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2022 6:02 AM

Baga Chipz is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2022 6:32 AM

What the fuck happened to Monique? Did her psycho church dump scalding water on her forehead to boil the gay out of her? Is it vitiglio? Why does nobody ever talk about her George Costanza burn crown?

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2022 7:14 AM

I think Monique actually has vitiligo.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2022 9:59 AM

I used to like Baga Chipz, but Baga Fillerz is tough to look at.

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2022 2:16 PM

It's so weird about Juju, it's evident she's not really trying. It's like she's someone's auntie that happened to slip in the cast. What happened to all the great frocks she had during that makeover show she was on? This silhouette is great on her:

And I would have prefered Tia Kofi or Tayce instead of Cheryl (Sheryl?) Hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2022 2:26 PM

I don't know the timing of the taping; however, I think JuJu may have already been in the UK to film (albeit brief) appearance on Queen of the Universe. Maybe that is why she didn't bring a fully complemented drag wardrobe that is challenges specified.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2022 2:38 PM

They started filming this right after filming on UK2 wrapped r65. So you couldn't have had queens from that season.

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2022 2:47 PM

It is as if the fillers go in, and the talent/humor leeches out.

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2022 3:22 PM

Ah thanks r67 and r68. It's a shame. I suppose the next go around will be much better, with Spain, Oz, and Italy done with their seasons. Hopefully they'll have finished the Thai S3 and Philippines S1 by then, so we'll have more Asians as well.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2022 3:34 PM

Philippines wrapped filming in December and will air in June.

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2022 4:20 PM

I wonder if the BBC has stipulated that one of the UK queens has to make it to the final, which could possibly explain Baga’s off-putting sense of complacency/entitlement.

Similarly, I wonder if production brought Juju over to the UK to film this and Queen of the Universe with the understanding that she was there to ensure American viewers would tune in and have a familiar fan favorite to help get them into the show, but that she wasn’t going to win either.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2022 4:43 PM

The conspiracy queens on Reddit are saying that Juju was contractually obligated to do both shows after she was brought back for All Stars 5. Still, it looks bad for her to phone it in.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Bored fans like to make up so many fan theories with no basis in fact r72.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2022 5:10 PM

[quote]Bored fans

At this point can RPDR legitimately expect any OTHER type of fans?

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2022 5:14 PM

Baga is even harder to look at now.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2022 5:57 PM

Baga looks like if you took a 3D model of Kris K and squashed it down with a plate glass, bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2022 6:31 PM

Imagine they get Tayce for season 2. I can’t imagine her with a glow up as she’s so stunning already. I hope Jimbo wins this, I was team Juju but it’s not stunning so far.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2022 6:47 PM

It'll definitely be Jimbo and Pangina. I wonder if they'll let Pangina win to garner interest for DR Thailand S3.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2022 7:07 PM

Jimbo’s inability to give anything in a lip sync is going to cost him eventually - he’d have gotten beat by most of the straight guys on celebrity drag race.

I bet Juju will stick around until snatch game and then depart soon after - I think Monique will be top three though.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2022 7:15 PM

I’ve totally fallen in love with Jimbo’s drag. I really loved him on Canada and now I love him even more. I’m glad he has a head judge that will appreciate his talent and not snicker that he’s not in their bar queen clique like the trainwreck judging panel from Canada 1.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2022 8:35 PM

Jimbo not being able to lip sync carries over to other stuff too. There is a musical next episode, how will he do? How will he do with a dancing challenge?

It's definitely a mark against him. Ru does expect queens to have some musicality and be able to do these lip sync type performances.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2022 8:47 PM

I love Jimbo but his lip-synching is TERRIBLE!!

by Anonymousreply 82February 10, 2022 5:32 AM

Jimbo's Barbie Girl video/lipsynch is terrific:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 10, 2022 8:43 AM

I've always loved Juju but my affection is waning. A category was called 'kitty girl' and every other contestant wore car ears at least. Juju's interpretation of it and every other category was just to wear a boring little dress. It feels more like a stubborn refusal to play along than it feels like not caring.

by Anonymousreply 84February 10, 2022 8:55 AM

[quote]every other contestant wore car ears at least

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 85February 10, 2022 10:12 AM

You don't need to care about stupid things like dresses and the runway when you and Ru are bonding over the program.

by Anonymousreply 86February 10, 2022 10:15 AM

Yes, especially disappointed in Jujubee for that look, since she's a cat lady in real life.

by Anonymousreply 87February 10, 2022 3:43 PM

Very sad to see Jimbo gone, she was making the season more entertaining with her presence. Not that disagree that she was the worst in the challenge, she can't dance and that caught up with her.

Baga has been annoying as hell this entire season. I liked her okay her original season but god she has been a drip.

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2022 11:37 PM

Is that even drag anymore? What is that? American Gladiators?

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2022 11:39 PM

Looks like WWE.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2022 11:39 PM

Thanks for the SPOILER, asshole at r88

by Anonymousreply 91February 15, 2022 11:40 PM

You must be joking r91.

The episode is out, if you don't want to be spoiled don't come inside the thread about the show. Duh.

No sympathy from me.

by Anonymousreply 92February 16, 2022 12:10 AM

Yeah. R88 is a dick.

by Anonymousreply 93February 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Now we have to call Monique “Mo” now because she’s a genderless performer now. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2022 4:30 AM

Juju continues her "Go girl, give us nothing" quest for the crown.

by Anonymousreply 95February 16, 2022 5:42 AM

Relying on torrenting, I don't get to see this as soon as the rest of you but even I know:

YOU DON'T READ THE THREAD TIL YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 96February 16, 2022 7:54 AM

Gutted about Jimbo - it'll be super boring now.

by Anonymousreply 97February 16, 2022 7:56 AM

Jimbo’s neck injury was one of the stupidest plot manipulations of any season.

by Anonymousreply 98February 16, 2022 8:48 AM

I get bad neck and shoulder pain and it can be really limiting. The way Jim was standing on the stage during rehearsals and his facial expression convinced me he really did have bad neck pain.

Referring to it as an injury from sleeping poorly was a little odd.

Meh. I dunno. Even though it was a total villain edit/storyline, the lying-to-Jujubee thing did make me dislike him and feel somewhat ambivalent about the exit. Though Airline needs to go mainly because this is sad and embarrassing and she needs to be put out of her misery.

I don't buy that Janey is on top. She's gotta be knocked down soon so that the obvious winner can win with a big ka-prow! 💥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2022 10:53 AM

I used to get that stiff neck that Jimbo had- it really is painful- you can't turn your head, or you'll have stabbing shooting pains in your neck and base of skull, and you have to turn your whole body like the Terminator to look at someone. I've learned not to sleep on my left side to avoid it.

Nobody is going to win again Pangina in a lipsync, unless she massively fucks up somehow.

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2022 2:26 PM

Jimbos neck injury was really besides the point. He is a weak dancer, so unless he just made the performance his own in a funny and campy way he was always going to be the worst in the challenge. That is why the judges correctly told him he needed to kinda ignore getting the choreo right and do his own thing.

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2022 2:48 PM

I find Pangina off-putting and I don’t like how hard they’re pushing her. She has a big personality but it’s also very smug and in your face. Her aesthetic seems to be limited to 20’s flapper drag and thirsty wigs.

I just get the impression that because she’s the judge of her franchise, she’s walking in expecting a certain coronation she hasn’t earned. I get that she’s a big deal to the 25 people who can get electricity in their Thailand sex hovels, but this is her first introductions to an actual audience so a little humility would go a long way.

Of course the brain dead sheep on Reddit are already calling her tHe gReAtEsT qUeEn iN hiStOrY after three episodes 🙄

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2022 2:56 PM

Even when she’s morosely shuffling around in outfits that look like they come from the Burlington Coat Factory, Juju “works” for me in drag in a way that Pangina doesn’t.

Pangina is a good looking boy, but in drag all I notice is her man hands and how big her shoulders are (and how she paints herself to look most western…) Honestly, she reminds me of Jan and Ella Veday in that what I get from her is “Chorus Boy in Kinky Boots” and not exciting and fully realized drag artist.

Monique Hart is a classic “old school” ball queen to me - a very feminine gay man with a big personality who really “clicks” when she’s in a big wig and a beautiful gown she can praise dance in. The Tom of Finland look was a good fluke for her, but her rocky horror number really underlined that gender fuck drag is not for her and she needs to get out of that lane and knock it off with the “my name is mo” genderqueer stuff.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2022 3:41 PM

"Mo" is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2022 6:26 PM

I love Jujubee...I really do. She's one of the few Drag Race contestants I could see being fun to hang out with, in or out of drag. She's sharp and funny without coming across as cruel.

She just never gets it over the line, looks-wise though. This go-round is even worse than usual. Her introductory outfit should have been spectacular, but it looks like she picked it up quick from Ann Taylor Loft.

She should, after all these years, have plenty of cash to blow on great drag, so it must be a taste issue, right? The right stylist would have had her crowned on her last All-Stars appearance,

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]RichardFromage

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2022 7:37 PM

Yep r105. The truth is Juju's fashion has never been that strong. I'm not surprised her runways have been lackluster this season. She normally doesn't even do that great in most challenges. Juju's real appeal is she is just likable, witty and with a good head on her shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2022 7:44 PM

I loved Jonanthan Bailey, he looked very sexy

by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2022 8:13 PM

S P O I L E R

Jimbo's mirror message was "My name is Pangina, and I am a stupid idiot. P.S. I love you all. P.P.S. Except Jimbo"

Kinda funny, but very infantile.

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2022 9:36 PM

The queens reportedly received stipends of about $10,000 each to fund their runway looks. I can only assume that Juju decided to spend the bare minimum and pocket the rest.

An interesting theory on Reddit is that she's trying to coast to the top three/four as a "goat." The downside of that strategy is the risk to her legacy as popular queens continue to get sent home over her.

by Anonymousreply 110February 17, 2022 2:40 AM

Mo Heart is about to experience what Aja did when they tried to quit drag and establish a career as a rapper. This audience did not care and did not follow her; Mo will be back in traditional drag after no one shows up for the next year.

by Anonymousreply 111February 17, 2022 2:48 AM

What's a 'goat' in this case?

by Anonymousreply 112February 17, 2022 10:07 AM

Jujube looks like she works at the mall!

by Anonymousreply 113February 17, 2022 10:24 AM

I hope Pangina sets someone on fire, possibly Baga. Or Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 114February 17, 2022 11:56 AM

R88 the episode aired on Tuesday night in the UK. As you are seemingly the boss here please deign to tell us how many days we should allow before discussing what happens on the latest episode so as not to upset you? It’s not like the whole bloody point of the thread is to discuss the latest episode!

by Anonymousreply 115February 17, 2022 8:14 PM

I think the point is that those of in the US wouldn't expect to see anything about the new episode on Tuesday afternoon. I also had the ending ruined because I didn't realize it had already aired. I'll know better next time.

by Anonymousreply 116February 17, 2022 9:14 PM

^ Tough titty

by Anonymousreply 117February 18, 2022 6:25 AM

A very Jimbo interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 18, 2022 6:58 AM

R118 That's the best and worst thing I've ever read.

And this part is as ridiculous as the rest but it gets close to making some kind of sense.

[quote] For that act, I really wanted to use my clown to look at the concept of talent. What is talent? And, the fear that we may not be enough. That we may not be talented. I wanted to bring this concept that there may not be any talent, but that the talent lies within. And that talent might be old sandwich meat you’ve been sitting on for two hours.

by Anonymousreply 119February 18, 2022 10:04 AM

[quote]And that talent might be old sandwich meat you’ve been sitting on for two hours.

No. No it would not.

by Anonymousreply 120February 18, 2022 10:13 AM

Interesting article regarding how much everyone spends on their wardrobe in this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 18, 2022 4:12 PM

Yikes, I don’t even want to know what trashy things Charity Kase has to say about her experience. She was beyond Redemption the moment she had a high heel tattooed on her cheek.

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2022 4:22 PM

Not Jimbo. He was the show. Even her leaving "I'll get you RU and your little dog too, and by that I mean Michelle."

by Anonymousreply 123February 18, 2022 4:49 PM

Juju should have gone.

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2022 4:55 PM

Every time I hear Pangina say Kapunka I think of Miss Universe.

Winner vibes go to Blu and Pangina. My gut tells me Blu will win.

by Anonymousreply 125February 19, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote]My gut tells me Blu will win.

He's just so damn cute. Everything about him. Whenever I see his little confessional sound bytes, I get the urge to re-write my will and leave him my entire fortune.

by Anonymousreply 126February 19, 2022 12:57 AM

I think Pangina will win. She is a host and judge. I find it hard to beleive of all the seasons of drag race Thailand that they could only get the host to represent?

by Anonymousreply 127February 19, 2022 2:00 AM

R127, I think there were only 2 or 3 that could speak English fluently, and one of them was actually Filipino. Pangina is probably the only one with the wardrobe, passport, and the time available to take off to do the show. And she’s there to indirectly tell the viewers about DR S3 Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 128February 19, 2022 2:26 AM

(Technically this should go into the RPDR Season 14 thread, but it's now subscriber-only, nearly full with no Part 2 in sight, and the incident in question was mistakenly noted as being on the UK vs World iteration):

Clearly, Lady Camden's runway stunt did not impress everyone, which indirectly led us to today's "gay men are abhorrent" discussion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 19, 2022 11:33 PM

R124 Yes but in fairness I think Jimbo fucked himself over by lying to other Queens by forming what appeared to alliances but not keeping them. I made him untrustworthy and unpredictable so made sense to kick him off.

by Anonymousreply 130February 21, 2022 2:58 AM

I miss the days where all the contestants did that shit.

by Anonymousreply 131February 21, 2022 2:59 AM

Not Jimbo! He’s so delightfully weird. Cute, too. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 132February 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Reminder to everyone in this thread. Episodes are released Tuesdays at around 4pm EST

This is your only warning.

by Anonymousreply 133February 22, 2022 2:30 PM

Jimbo was right. Every queen does that. "If I keep you safe will you keep me safe?:" Shangela demanded it from every bottom contestant and let's be honest. Jimbo was never going to win a LSFYLegacy. He doesn't do that type of drag, He clops across the stage like a Clydesdale and shakes his fake titis.

by Anonymousreply 134February 22, 2022 2:36 PM

R133 Why are you being a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk? Not everyone is able to watch a TV show the moment it is released. People have jobs and personal lives. All anyone here asked is that you not spoil episodes without giving a spoiler alert. That's not an extraordinary burden. It would be common courtesy. Not to do it is just willful disregard for others' preferences. You seem to be campaigning to be blocked by people. What's the payoff for you in that? Just write "spoiler alert" before your posts. Twelve letters can save all this drama and can show a little goodwill.

Why does everyone act like Trumps these days? Jesus. Just be decent.

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2022 2:41 PM

I truly don't understand you r135.

Why are you coming into this thread after the episode airs if you haven't seen it? I follow lots of TV shows on the DL, I don't open the threads until I have seen the episode.

This is common sense. And trying to lamely invoke Trump? I can't.

If the episode has aired it is no longer a spoiler. This where people come to discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2022 2:57 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. You announced/threatened that the thread is fair game as of 4:00 p.m. Eastern time and you seem to have a clear intention to post spoilers just because you can. People have asked you to use discretion out of respect and you csn't eveb consider that. Do your thing. I will block you and I imagine others will, as well, not only to avoid spoilers but to avoid a generally nasty person who clearly has ill will and an entirely selfish and self-serving way of being. I'll never understand people who behave the way you do. Enjoy posting spoilers few people will see.

by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2022 3:08 PM

I'm just a guy who wants to discuss the episode after I watch it. But sure, block away. I don't know how on earth my very reasonable actions got you upset, but you do you. It wouldn't be the DL without some interesting personalities I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 138February 22, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote] I will block you and I imagine others will, as well

Nah, I think I'll just block you instead r137.

by Anonymousreply 139February 22, 2022 3:52 PM

It's 2022. It's completely foolish to view the running thread of a show on the day of a new episode's airing and to not expect others to comment on what happened on that episode, whether it's Drag Race or anything else. I wouldn't even consider that to be 'spoilers' by definition. How about showing some restraint and avoid the thread until you're caught up?

I made the mistake of clicking on the running DL thread while watching the Season 12 finale and won't make it ever again.

by Anonymousreply 140February 22, 2022 4:18 PM

I agree, R140. It’s internet etiquette 101. Sometimes my boyfriend and I work nights and we’re not able to check up with our shows. We won’t be able to watch tonight’s episode until sometime tomorrow so I’m not going to check up on this thread once the episode is out.

The same thing happened a few weeks ago in the Scream fan group I’m a member of on Facebook. The movie had been out for three weeks and someone spoiled the name of the killer. Of course someone else had a tantrum and everyone told them they could’ve muted the group until they saw the movie.

I have no sympathy for people who are susceptible to spoilers but lack the self control to not click on a thread title. It’s one of thing if it’s the poster who would suddenly list the placements and final three in a post early in the season. Once the episode itself airs, it’s up to you to watch it or avoid conversation.

by Anonymousreply 141February 22, 2022 5:09 PM

R141 I resent people who post spoilers because of one particular incident here on DL.

When Game of Thrones was still on, people would guess (not spoil) what would happen next. One person gave a scene-by-scene, very detailed spoiler about Cersei blowing up the Sept in a really masterful episode that had not aired. The person wrote the description as if they were guessing what might happen and it was such an interesting scenario that I read the whole thing. Then the episode aired and it was exactly as the person, who had seen it in advance of the broadcast, had described it. The episode was full of would-be surprises and it was truly spoiled.

It was really upsetting to have missed out on a brilliantly written episode but it upset me even more that someone would want to do that. It's the spirit of posting spoilers that offends me. I don't really care who wins Drag Race overall much less episode by episode, but people who are eager to watch anything as soon as it airs and then write about it online as 'the first' to discuss it and who seem gleeful, as the person above does, to share info someone hasn't watched themselves yet, bother me. The person above clearly spoils for the sake of spoiling, noting that as of 4pm, we can expect summaries to be posted. There's some kind of malicious glee in ruining the fun for other people on online communities and it feels to me like an infestation. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but to me, this is one good reason to have an ignore button.

by Anonymousreply 142February 22, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]I don't really care who wins Drag Race overall much less episode by episode, but people who are eager to watch anything as soon as it airs and then write about it online as 'the first' to discuss it and who seem gleeful, as the person above does, to share info someone hasn't watched themselves yet, bother me.

Whatever your feelings on that are, that's still not spoiling.

You take these things far too seriously, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 143February 22, 2022 5:51 PM

It's amazing how some posters always have one WW the very moment they submit a new post. 😒

by Anonymousreply 144February 22, 2022 5:55 PM

Clearly another issue that bothers you [italic]so[/italic] very, very much. Add it to the ever-growing list.

by Anonymousreply 145February 22, 2022 5:59 PM

How hard is it NOT to read the thread until you've seen the episode. Why should everyone else wait to discuss it just because you can't be patient enough to wait til you've watched it?

It is not a SPOILER after the show has aired. And as for blocking the poster who patiently keeps explaining this to you, because of your complete inability to understand basic posting protocol, nobody except you is blocking him (although, looks like you aren't even keeping to your word about this since you are still telling him you're blocking him).

by Anonymousreply 146February 22, 2022 8:56 PM

Just finished.

Honestly Baga was the only one consistently funny in snatch game, though Blu and Monique had their moments Janey was fucking awful. Though I guess not surprising the two queens who have English as a second language, Janey and Pangina performed the worst.

It was obvious Baga was going to pick Pangina so I was happy Blu won the lip sync, then Blu surprised the hell out of me. I did not see her doing that. And yikes, I don't remember seeing someone break down after being eliminated. Pangina didn't even try to do a funny tag line, just broke down.

It's really not fun to me when we have survivor style BS where queens I want to watch keep getting eliminated. I've never really liked this set up personally, the voting led to Shangela leaving and Manila getting eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 147February 22, 2022 10:06 PM

This is bullshit. They better bring her back.

by Anonymousreply 148February 22, 2022 10:48 PM

S P O I L E R

It kills me that Baga saved Juju for the exact same reasons that Pangina did. Also Baga has been looking happy at all the past 2 episodes- she's dead in the eyes. I wonder if that's going to change now that all the good competition is gone.

by Anonymousreply 149February 22, 2022 11:03 PM

*hasn't been looking happy*

by Anonymousreply 150February 22, 2022 11:04 PM

Okay honestly....WTF was that elimination all about! This series is shit!

by Anonymousreply 151February 22, 2022 11:07 PM

It's an even playing field now that the stronger competition has been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 152February 23, 2022 12:30 AM

An even field of mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 153February 23, 2022 12:43 AM

RIP Pangina and Jimbo, the two fallen angels of Drag Race UK vs. The World.

Wake me up when Season 2 of Drag Race Espana starts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 23, 2022 12:49 AM

Exactly r153. It's like when Trixie got crowned because Ben left and Shangela was screwed over. It was very much a who cares, she won by default not because of her performance.

by Anonymousreply 155February 23, 2022 12:54 AM

lol everyone loved Blu Hydrangea until this.

It's funny that the episode foreshadowed the vote with Blu saying he has a large online following and is always afraid of saying something that will make people turn against him.

by Anonymousreply 156February 23, 2022 12:55 AM

the four drag queens of the apocalypse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 23, 2022 12:57 AM

Blu made the right move. I don’t understand the devastation on the judges faces. Ru seemed to like Jimbo way more anyway. I would’ve expected that reaction from Naomi chopping Manila, not some three episode mediocrity with an unearned sense of importance and thirsty flapper wigs. That episode she wore to last week’s lip sync with clown makeup was embarrassing.

And the over the top hysterics were peak cringe as she left. This queen really thinks she’s Jesus Christ. She’s just a sore loser who got sent home for playing the same game the week before.

by Anonymousreply 158February 23, 2022 2:47 AM

Pangina’s ridiculous off camera keening while Ru was doing her episode wrap up patter was even funnier than The Daytona Wind.

by Anonymousreply 159February 23, 2022 2:57 AM

Did Pangina run over your dog r158?

I'd put this as worse than Jimbo, as Jimbo was clearly the worst in the last challenge even though I'd prefer they keep him anyway.

Janey was obviously the worst in Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 160February 23, 2022 2:58 AM

That was so delicious. I was laughing my ass off at the OTT ~*wailing*~ the editors kept adding in of Pangina.

After YEARS finally a smart, Survivor-like decision from this stupid all-stars twist. They should have booted Shea BORElee in her season. Pangina was great but a win would have been boring.

I saw the writing on the wall from the opener… I just didn’t think it’d be Blu doing it this ep. Also called Blu having winner vibes.

Hopefully the Reddit frauen haven’t burned down Blu’s house yet or something. Thank god she lives in Northern Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 161February 23, 2022 3:02 AM

Pangina got rid of Jimbo because he did the worst in the challenge. Blu did the same, Apparently when the shoe is on the other foot she cries like a baby.I felt so bad for Blu. It was like Ru and everyone were saying you picked the wrong person. Sorry not sorry, you let me pick. If you don;t like have the balls to do it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 162February 23, 2022 3:17 AM

One shock after another. The last episode made sense as Jimbo really did the worst of any of them. Jujubee was perfectly fine as Liza, though not stellar. Pangina sucked this week, but Janey was probably a little worse. They both looked good on the runway. So I probably would have sent Janey home, but after Pangina's endless caterwalling, I'm glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 163February 23, 2022 3:19 AM

I still fail to see what the big fucking deal is. She bombed the challenge, even though she had the Mariah Carey Down’s syndrome face down pat. Her runway was great but once again, the congratulations go to the designer who made it and not the drag queen who put herself into debt paying for it. Her winning streak wasn’t nearly as impressive as Dela’s.

Jesus Christ, these queens were acting like Judy died all over again.

by Anonymousreply 164February 23, 2022 3:22 AM

They need to shock everyone and being back Gothy Kendoll, but not in drag.

by Anonymousreply 165February 23, 2022 3:29 AM

The judges were shocked because Pangina was the clear front runner of the competition. Honestly Jujubee should be gone. She has been in the bottom virtually every week, but the way this season is going she'll probably win lol!

by Anonymousreply 166February 23, 2022 4:29 AM

[quote]When Game of Thrones was still on, people would guess (not spoil) what would happen next. One person gave a scene-by-scene, very detailed spoiler about Cersei blowing up the Sept in a really masterful episode that had not aired...Then the episode aired and it was exactly as the person, who had seen it in advance of the broadcast, had described it.

So you're projecting all of this bullshit (GLEEFUL SPOILER! MALICIOUS SPOILING CUNT!) on someone because you were wounded by a completely different spoiler (one that was actually a spoiler), from a completely different show. Makes sense. As others have said, avoid the thread about a show until you're caught up. It's common sense. Your GoT trauma has nothing to do with this.

I was totally gagged that Blu sent home Pangina. And honestly Blu looked terrified to be doing it. She knew Pangina didn't deserve to go. It should've been Janey. Not that I loved Pangina, but if you're basing it on the Snatch Game, she at least nailed the mannerisms and look, whereas Janey only had the look, which was not a difficult one to pull off if we're being honest.

But OMG the funeral wailing on the part of Pangina was some of the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen. At first I had to look away, because it was difficult to watch, but when they had her wailing piped into Ru's sign-off, I fucking lost it! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 167February 23, 2022 5:54 AM

Wow, that truly was a shocking elimination. Blu was shaking in her pumps. Although I will say that Pangina was clearly in the bottom 2. With all her talent, she never should have gotten herself into that position. Mariah was a rather tired and not very inspired choice.

by Anonymousreply 168February 23, 2022 6:10 AM

I’m only sad that it wasn’t Baga that sent Pangina Tears home. That was was some grade A-level gamesmanship on Blu’s part and I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 169February 23, 2022 7:21 AM

So now I begin to wonder, is Jujubee playing a game? Is she purposefully tanking it or turning in half ass work so that the others don’t see what a HUGE threat she is to win the entire thing? That’s a dangerous game.

by Anonymousreply 170February 23, 2022 7:24 AM

Interesting that half the characters were men—Billy Porter, Mike Meyers (Austin Powers/Dr. Evil) and someone named James, which I guess is male?

And RuPaul himself told two of the contestants to do the male characters.

It's curious that they are chastised for not looking womanly enough in any other context, but for impersonations playing men isn't only OK but encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 171February 23, 2022 11:25 AM

Juju has never been that great at Drag Race r170. It took til her third go round til she won a challenge for the first time. I love her personality, but there is revisionist history going on.

by Anonymousreply 172February 23, 2022 12:06 PM

Yeah, she has charisma, uniqueness and nerve but never excelled on the show in the way that is implied. Early on, Juju showed she can sing relatively well and the legacy became that she is a great vocalist, which she never was able to live up to—all disappointments. She basically has a great wit and a nice disposition, and she looks like a sassy Asian auntie who is a successful professional, which goes a long way to carry her.

But she has worn much better costumes in the past and I think there's probably something to the theory that she didn't want to invest tens of thousands in a season that doesn't even have a cash prize. For all the US contestants, this season is very low stakes compared with all their prior ones.

by Anonymousreply 173February 23, 2022 12:12 PM

At what point do people get so "gagged" that they asphixiate and die en masse?

by Anonymousreply 174February 23, 2022 12:29 PM

I think that was some time in Season 7 or so r174.

by Anonymousreply 175February 23, 2022 12:49 PM

Poor old Vangina Heals, is thst the most dramatic exit ever?

by Anonymousreply 176February 23, 2022 1:09 PM

Ah r173, yes, I forgot that there wasn't a cash prize. Juju probably thought she wasn't going to win it anyway, so why burn through all your cash? Especially since she was in London for such a long time doing Queens of the Universe and this show, paying rent at home for twice the time that the other contestants have to.

Pangina is smart for having the most dramatic exit ever-people will never forget it.

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2022 2:14 PM

[italic]Drag Race Thailand[/italic] co-host Miss Art Arya roasts Pangina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Her Mariah wasn't terrible, but I expected better. The winner should only ever be allowed to axe whoever is bottom 2.

by Anonymousreply 179February 23, 2022 3:19 PM

R178 I love Art Arya! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 180February 23, 2022 3:32 PM

Pangina would have been bottom 2, r179. I’m not saying she deserved to go home. She clearly was on track for the finale, but I love a good twist. Especially as revenge for Jimbo.

by Anonymousreply 181February 23, 2022 3:41 PM

Jujubee's Cher was giving me Alyssa's Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 182February 23, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote]What's a 'goat' in this case?

A goat (in Survivor/Big Brother terminology) is someone you take to the end because they have no chance of winning against you. Juju pretty much came out and admitted this is her strategy in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 183February 23, 2022 5:42 PM

I always visit DL after watching the episode, simple. DL gurls views are as hilarious as the runway commentary of the judges

by Anonymousreply 184February 23, 2022 5:54 PM

Blu and Mo spill unaired Jimbo tea at Roscoe's Tavern in Chicago ...

• Mo was talking in the Werk Room about doing survival sex work during a low point in her life when Jimbo chimed in with an insensitive crack about Mo's mother. Mo wanted to beat her ass but kept herself in check.

• Jimbo's elimination was even more dramatic than Pangina's. She flew into a rage backstage after she landed in the bottom and again after she got eliminated. Pangina told Blu she could hear her screaming and cursing two studios away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 23, 2022 10:43 PM

Pangina crying is sympathetic. Jimbo getting all angry and cursing would not be sympathetic to the audience. The producers wanted to help him out.

by Anonymousreply 186February 23, 2022 10:53 PM

Oh man I would have loved to hear Jimbo cursing over, You Wear it Well”.

“Everybody say FUCK YOUUUU PANGINNNAAAAAAAAAA..........love!”

by Anonymousreply 187February 23, 2022 11:09 PM

[quote]Pangina crying is sympathetic. Jimbo getting all angry and cursing would not be sympathetic to the audience. The producers wanted to help him out.

According to Mo, the reason they didn't air it was that Jimbo was trashing the producers.

I love Jimbo as an entertainer, but she has a nasty streak that she spins as "LOL I'm such a weirdo!" Redditors who attended a viewing party at Micky's in West Hollywood last night said she kind things to say about Pangina but also encouraged the audience to cheer while she was crying.

by Anonymousreply 188February 24, 2022 12:36 AM

I agree that Jimbo is nasty. I've wondered why people don't zero in on that since people are always annoyingly saying Canadians are sooo nice (not true in my experience). I love his bizarre mind and whimsy, but he seems like a cutthroat narcissist to me.

by Anonymousreply 189February 24, 2022 12:40 AM

We must remember that Jimbo says he’s a clown first- people who want to be clowns are comedian adjacent, and comedians are dark unhappy people.

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2022 2:09 AM

I had a friend years and years ago who did costuming for Ringling Brothers. He said the clowns were dark and scary people across the board, and to never fuck with a clown.

by Anonymousreply 191February 24, 2022 9:32 AM

[quote]I had a friend years and years ago who did costuming for Ringling Brothers. He said the clowns were dark and scary people across the board, and to never fuck with a clown.

I can verify this as fact.

by Anonymousreply 192February 24, 2022 11:07 AM

Yeah, I like Jimbo, but there is also some dark energy there. None of these reports of bad behavior surprise me.

O/T: I have only known one “clown”…former coworker who clowned at parties and things as a side hustle. She was bat shit crazy. I am not a fan of clowns. At one point I was in the hospital and she was planning to visit me in her clown getup. She had a clown name like “Pumpkin” or something. Luckily one of my sane coworkers got wind of her plan and told her that was NOT a good idea. Maybe we need a thread on clowns…

by Anonymousreply 193February 24, 2022 7:34 PM

I had sex with a guy who turned out to be a clown in one of those Cirque shows, but I am not sure he was an actual clown, or just an acrobat because his body was ripped as well, nice dong and he stayed the night and bought me breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 194February 24, 2022 7:41 PM

Let me give you an example. When my mother and father were getting divorced, he sat me down and told me he was embarrassed I was his kid. He told me I was fat, lazy, didn't do any sports and he wished other kids were his and not me. I was 14. He has reached out to me several times since then and I refuse to speak with. My mother finally told him "what you said was unforgivable. You told your own son you wished he wasn't your son, that you were embarrassed by him, My father told my mother he said in anger I should forgive him. She told him "You said it, anger or not, you said it and you meant it," He stopped trying after that. He was not drunk, but that is something I would consider unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 195February 24, 2022 7:46 PM

wow wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 196February 24, 2022 7:47 PM

Perhaps dad was a clown?

by Anonymousreply 197February 24, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote]Yeah, I like Jimbo, but there is also some dark energy there. None of these reports of bad behavior surprise me.

On [italic]Canada's Drag Race[/italic] S1, she was a straight-up cunt to Rita Baga and showed her ass when she got any kind of criticism. She also has a rep among club owners in Canada for being difficult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 24, 2022 7:57 PM

R198 That was one of the best moments of Canada’s season 1 though. Jimbo might be a cunt and maybe I wouldn’t want to be her friend in real life but she’s great television and that’s what matters for me as a viewer

by Anonymousreply 199February 24, 2022 8:32 PM

Oh, I totally agree, R199

by Anonymousreply 200February 24, 2022 8:45 PM

r194 unless they're been trying to make people laugh their whole lives, Cirque clowns are different- they're almost all ex Olympic level athletes and dancers, and the auditioning process is rigorous.

by Anonymousreply 201February 24, 2022 8:47 PM

I would’ve mocked Monique for using the totally retarded term “survival sex work” too. What? “I’ll just die if I don’t suck this cock!”

McDonald’s is also hiring and Monique is a natural fit. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for people who will suck a dick for fifty dollars instead of completing an honest day’s work.

And I highly suspect her John bench wasn’t very deep.

by Anonymousreply 202February 24, 2022 11:12 PM

r202 honestly I thought...is he delusional about his looks?

by Anonymousreply 203February 25, 2022 12:01 AM

Well sex work pays more than fast food and it has better hours r202. Lets be real, there is a long history o queens being drug dealers or hookers on the side. I mean before this show made them mainstream celebrities drag queens were poor hustlers.

by Anonymousreply 204February 25, 2022 12:19 AM

R203, they probably made him wear a hat or a long wig. I’m sure she loved the validation of someone paying money for the privilege and her revelation was a backdoor brag.

Monique is a triple bagger.

by Anonymousreply 205February 25, 2022 12:31 AM

Sex work is demeaning but so is working at McDonald's. Not because a person works for a crappy fast food restaurant but because hourly employees are treated like crap by their management and worse than crap by customers. Most johns are probably more respectful to hookers than most customers are to McDonald's employees.

by Anonymousreply 206February 25, 2022 12:33 AM

Cool so then she a nice job where she was treated well. Hopefully those Johns treated her better than the gay kids she traumatized while working her other job as a gay reparative therapist.

by Anonymousreply 207February 25, 2022 12:52 AM

Blu was simply playing with the same rule book as Pangina, who is pure crocodile tears. I have so much more respect for Blu now, that bitch has NERVE.

by Anonymousreply 208February 25, 2022 1:45 AM

I’m sorry to hear that Jimbo may be a real life cunt. He was and remains my all-time favorite contestant on any season, any version of Drag Race. And look at his Luck be a Lady look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 26, 2022 8:55 PM

I would have loved to have seen Jimbo’s Amy Sedaris—Jerri Blank.

by Anonymousreply 210February 26, 2022 9:12 PM

Mo comes from a super-religious family, studied to be a minister, and underwent conversion therapy. I think she hooked for a while after dropping out of seminary (she also worked as a hairstylist).

by Anonymousreply 211February 26, 2022 9:26 PM

Don't hate me because I'm a cunt! I'm just drawn that way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 27, 2022 3:20 AM

Should have sent home Baga. So annoying.

Blu has this in the bag. Called her with winner vibes early on.

by Anonymousreply 213March 2, 2022 12:59 AM

Bagga needs her name dropping bubble burst. Tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 214March 2, 2022 5:13 AM

LOL at Juju entering the competition in the next-to-last episode. It would be a total gag if she won.

by Anonymousreply 215March 2, 2022 5:26 AM

Juju's final outfit still wasn't good enough. It wasn't art-y and it was bland looking aside from the headpiece. Janey kind of annoys me but the Warhol outfit was great.

Anyway, "UK vs. the World" was never really team UK versus team world, and now it's just UK and US. So much for the world! I think the non-native English speakers should have been graded on a curve.

by Anonymousreply 216March 2, 2022 11:30 AM

I would have never gotten, "Iris Van Herpen" from Juju's outfit. Bimini did one that was much better.

Of course UK has to win- it's not exciting to "fly" someone to the States to record something with Ru if they already live there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 2, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote]Janey kind of annoys me but the Warhol outfit was great.

I think Janey is gorgeous (and a cutie as a boy). She sort of reminds me of Gene Tierney at the peak of her beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 2, 2022 5:16 PM

Juju needs to buy all of Jen Shah’s real housewives getups when she gets carted off to prison. It’s the exact aesthetic she needs to be doing.

For me, Bagga’s mulish refusal to do anything even a little bit outside her regular stock-in-trade has ticked over from frustrating to kind of a hoot. Also, did anyone else find the production-mandated heart to heart about sobriety she and Juju had sort of hilarious?

Juju: “I can never drink a drop of alcohol again, but being sober meant I had to break up with my partner, get all new friends and start my whole world over. Now sobriety is the main guiding principle of my life.”

Bagga: “Oh, when I said I was sober I meant I mostly try and stick to beer and don’t shit myself anymore. Whatever works for you, babes!”

by Anonymousreply 219March 2, 2022 5:35 PM

Well done r219. I did laugh at that conversation, Baga and Juju's situations are not all the same but production really tried to force that.

Lip sync for the crown tournament? Man, no wonder they were all committed to getting rid of Pangina. She definitely would have won the season if they hadn't. That means Baga won't win either though.

Though honestly I've realized I no longer really care who wins.

by Anonymousreply 220March 2, 2022 10:40 PM

According to Gay Twitter, they stopped watching it at the same time because no one cares about it anymore. Last episode was way down in anyone making comments.

by Anonymousreply 221March 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Back to back Jimbo and Pangina was tough, people don't want to see the queens who have been doing the best get eliminated r221. Not surprised if engagement is down.

by Anonymousreply 222March 3, 2022 1:55 AM

It’s gonna suck to see Jujubee come in 2nd for the FOURTH time! But it’s gotta be either Blu or Mo at this point. Jimbo was never gonna win a lip sync contest, so I’m ok with him going home early, but I fully supported Jimbo’s Revenge. I really don’t think Blu could’ve destroyed her career with that move and it makes me sad that she thought she might’ve. Pangina Tears’ exit will go down in history as the best sashay away of all time. Topping even “Miss Vanjie!” If Pangona had left with an ounce of dignity, I would be felt bad for her. She’s the hottest in and out of drag from almost any show. But that exit!!

I hope we get a juicy reunion next week.

by Anonymousreply 223March 3, 2022 3:35 AM

You knew it was coming!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 4, 2022 9:50 PM

Just watched the Pangina exit on the show and I’m done. That queen deserved to be there to the end but what can you do when the contestants are the ones doing the eliminating?

Love everyone left but Bagga, her shitty attitude and ego are too hard to watch at this point but I guess this was set up for her to win the way All Stars 3 was set up for Trixie (I love Trixie but facts ya’ll).

by Anonymousreply 225March 5, 2022 8:58 PM

Blu can't sing, Baga can and Juju can, Mo too. They are recording a record with Ru. Much as like Blu, they will pick a singer.

by Anonymousreply 226March 6, 2022 12:32 AM

With the prize being a part in a Ru song, I kinda wish Lemon had gone further. Lemon’s rap on Priyanka’s song is iconic.

by Anonymousreply 227March 7, 2022 3:33 AM

r227 it is...so much. I am constantly saying "aint sorry it's fenty" lol

by Anonymousreply 228March 7, 2022 8:28 PM

[quote]Blu can't sing, Baga can and Juju can, Mo too. They are recording a record with Ru. Much as like Blu, they will pick a singer.

Maybe Juju will get it since she didn't go far on [italic]Queen of the Universe[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 229March 7, 2022 8:32 PM

Surely the elimination decisions are made by the producers, who tell the contestants what to do? And the producers wanted a purely UK/USA final, because those are their two biggest markets for the show, the tours and the merch.

by Anonymousreply 230March 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Everything is not some big secret conspiracy r230, the queens are eliminating each other.The power the producers and Ru have is deciding who is safe and who will be up for eliminstion.

by Anonymousreply 231March 7, 2022 8:53 PM

R231, I’m not suggesting any kind of conspiracy. I’m suggesting that the direction of the series is controlled by the producers. The people who chose the storylines, and the edit. The people who pay out the money, and count it back in. Bless your innocence about how television works.

by Anonymousreply 232March 7, 2022 9:02 PM

I'm well aware how TV works r232 hon, however there is not some grand conspiracy where the queens are not actually eliminating each other and it's really the producers picking the lipsticks. No one gossips like a drag queen, that would not stay a secret.

by Anonymousreply 233March 7, 2022 9:39 PM

Latest viewing party at Roscoe's with Pangina and Roxxxy Andrews. Pangina explains her elimination strategy and discusses the judging on [italic]Drag Race Thailand.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 7, 2022 9:53 PM

Well it's over.

This season as a concept seemed interesting but as a final product no one is really going to remember this as a great season of drag race. Season 14 right now looks like it is going to have about 172 episodes, so why did they have to make this one so abrupt.

by Anonymousreply 235March 8, 2022 10:28 PM

Pangina’s exit was cringe-y. Talk about OTT. I was embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 236March 8, 2022 10:53 PM

Which UK queen won?

by Anonymousreply 237March 8, 2022 10:53 PM

Blu r237. Who I actually did think won both of her lip syncs.

Baga was eliminated in the first round of the lip sync tournament.

by Anonymousreply 238March 8, 2022 11:05 PM

Shouldn’t Baga Chips be Baga Crisps?

by Anonymousreply 239March 8, 2022 11:56 PM

Rigga-morris.

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2022 12:05 AM

Blu is not a good lip syncher. She looks like she’s having a seizure and busts out the corniest dance moves on the planet.

Also did I misunderstand the format for the lip synch smack down? I thought it was wheel spin 1 vs wheel spin 2, but suddenly Mo got to pick who she lip synched against.

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2022 12:08 AM

I wanted Mo to win. Or Baga. Ru seems to pick the young uns these days, though.

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2022 12:11 AM

Congrats to Blu on winning a forgettable season of drag race and getting a shitty prize.

by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2022 12:12 AM

Called it back at R125.

What a BORING EPISODE outside of the 90 seconds of Jimbo being a delicious cunt. Otherwise it was an hour of crying. F4 is stupid when there are only 9 contestants.

Glad Mo didn’t win. “Ooo an all expenses paid trip… back home… to Hollywood.” What a wet fart that would have been.

by Anonymousreply 244March 9, 2022 12:16 AM

They can’t do that R230. It’s illegal - at least in the US. They cannot directly interfere in a game show like that.

This goes all the way back to Survivor S1 and Stacey Stillman.

by Anonymousreply 245March 9, 2022 12:18 AM

meh.

by Anonymousreply 246March 9, 2022 3:42 AM

That was a real chicken shit, lame finale.

I love Jujube, but this bullshit that she suddenly “showed up” got on my nerves. She was basic from start to finish.

If it couldn’t be Jimbo or Pangina, I’m fine with Blu winning. I figured it would be her—there was no way it wasn’t going to be a UK queen.

by Anonymousreply 247March 9, 2022 3:57 AM

I’m so glad it was Blu. I do love that Queen, ever since the Frock Destroyers.

And I loved Jimbo fake crying at Pangina, then telling her all the shitty things that she decided she wasn’t going to say about her! Jimbo is a total CUNT and l love her. Courage. Uniqueness. Nerve. Talent. She has them all. She’s already a world star drag queen!

by Anonymousreply 248March 9, 2022 5:26 AM

The best part of the finale was Jimbo being a cunt, love her.

Out of the final 4 we got Blu deserved to win, but the stars of the season were obviously Jimbo and Pangina so it all felt a bit unsatisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 249March 9, 2022 11:44 AM

MO is all talk. Her lipsyncs were lifeless. Hell I would have given the first one to Baga - at least it was interesting. Then there was Blu. Um. She looked like Jojo Siwa on crack. Funny how Ru picked the one who cannot sing to do an single with her.

by Anonymousreply 250March 9, 2022 12:58 PM

I definitely thought Baga won the lipsync. But once they chose Mo, they had to choose Blu as they couldn't have the two Americans in the final smackdown. It was all underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 251March 9, 2022 1:29 PM

[Quote]Out of the final 4 we got Blu deserved to win, but the stars of the season were obviously Jimbo and Pangina so it all felt a bit unsatisfactory.

Jimbo never would have won this lip sync tournament either way. Though if Pangina had made it to the finale she definitely would have won the season.

by Anonymousreply 252March 9, 2022 1:40 PM

R245, I’ll just point out that it's not a US reality show made in the US, it’s entirely made in the U K.

by Anonymousreply 253March 9, 2022 4:55 PM

All queens have followed same pattern, cry a bit by telling emotional story and then flatter Ru..it's getting tiresome. I loved Jimbo for the shades and then Cheryl for her nice demeanour

by Anonymousreply 254March 9, 2022 5:34 PM

On a Twitter thread I was following, they were going in HARD on Jimbo for getting a pass on being a cunt while queens of color routinely get called out (and get death threats!) for the same behavior.

I don’t want ANYONE getting death threats over a drag queen show! But I want to live in a world where Jimbo can be the BIGGEST cunt with the BIGGEST tits in the world. I need him like I need oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 255March 9, 2022 9:28 PM

I don't understand why the fans can't let the queens be bitchy and shady towards each other. They're fucking DRAG QUEENS.

Have we reached peak Drag Race? This season and season 14 have been so dull, IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 10, 2022 4:58 AM

The queens being bitchy and duplicitous is what made Drag Race, but now everyone's too scared to do it for being lynched by their fat, rainbow haired fans.

Now i love Jimbo even more.

by Anonymousreply 257March 10, 2022 6:01 AM

Shit like that drives me nuts, R255 because it’s the classic manipulation technique of accusing others of doing the shit you’re doing. It’s the other way around. Queens of color are constantly having their shit waved away by the fanbase while they have their teeth bared and pitchforks sharpened to call a white queen racist for any interaction with a queen of color that isn’t sycophantic praise and even then they’ll get called out for being problematic.

I saw Silky promoting this ridiculous false equivalency on Twitter and I was disappointed because she never seemed like someone with a chip on her shoulder which is one of the reasons I liked her. This is not some noble crusade. It’s delusional thinking on the part of very cloistered Midwestern teenagers who’ve never met a black person in their life and damaged black people who lack any accountability and have a seething racial hatred of white people.

by Anonymousreply 258March 10, 2022 6:58 AM

I often wonder WHO is sending all these supposed "death threats" to the queens. I don't even think most of these hysterical queens get death threats sent to them.

by Anonymousreply 259March 10, 2022 8:48 AM

R259 - I agree. Name and shame, show the receipts. Or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 260March 10, 2022 9:31 AM

Things I learned from the Pangina/Roxy Roscoe's YT:

Airplane can speak Thai.

Année May Wong is the first person that came to Pangina's mind to enter the next international DR- and Pangina mentioned how well one needs to speak English.

Hopefully next round, we'll have Philippines and France, in addition to Italy and Spain. Poor Oz and Latin America seems to be frozen out- probably too expensive to fly them to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 261March 10, 2022 1:35 PM

[quote]And I loved Jimbo fake crying at Pangina, then telling her all the shitty things that she decided she wasn’t going to say about her!

I love Pangina, but she deserved that roasting for justifying her decision to chop Jimbo while also playing the victim with Blu.

[quote]I love Jujubee, but this bullshit that she suddenly “showed up” got on my nerves. She was basic from start to finish.

For a moment I thought she had a chance, but that lip sync was so disappointing. I guess she resigned herself to the fact that they weren't going to put up another American queen against Mo. That or she choked when she found out she was lip-syncing to Duran Duran (WTF?).

by Anonymousreply 262March 10, 2022 4:27 PM

The Ru–Blu collab is just a mashup of Ru's old songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 10, 2022 4:39 PM

Mo had the best looks of the season.

by Anonymousreply 264March 10, 2022 5:05 PM

I officially stopped believing claims from RPDR queens of death threats on social media when Sister Sister from UK Season 2 claimed to get them. As if anyone cared about her enough to bother.

by Anonymousreply 265March 10, 2022 5:15 PM

GO shit on the GOP and the Russians, you crackered cunt, R1.

Your post was just a cover for being homophobic, you filthy troll.

by Anonymousreply 266March 10, 2022 5:18 PM

True dat R265

by Anonymousreply 267March 10, 2022 5:22 PM

[quote]I often wonder WHO is sending all these supposed "death threats" to the queens. I don't even think most of these hysterical queens get death threats sent to them.

A number of queens have shared screenshots of the vile messages they've gotten. Most probably don't rise to the the level of actual death threats, but a lot of them are along the lines of "I hope you die."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 10, 2022 5:29 PM

I wish Jujubee eliminated Blu instead of Janey. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 269March 10, 2022 5:34 PM

R265 - that’s because their death threats probably come from other drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 270March 10, 2022 6:15 PM

Let's not forget Pangina eliminated Lemon who was not the worst by a mile the first week. Had Lemon stayed in that competition it would have been a whole different ball game. I don't get Mo. She bragged all season she was the cream of the crop and then she lipsyncs and performs like an old white lady.

by Anonymousreply 271March 11, 2022 12:42 AM

R271 Mo really needs to get some therapy. She makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 272March 11, 2022 6:17 AM

Mo has always been bad at lip synch..she never seems to know most of the words and does that big smile/open mouth thing to cover for it. She did have great looks this season, but I’ve still never thought of her as some great Queen who deserves to keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 273March 11, 2022 11:12 AM

Mo was great this season.

Jimbo was probably the worst at lip syncs. Should she have not come back?

by Anonymousreply 274March 11, 2022 11:24 AM

[quote]Mo had the best looks of the season.

I love her style. The gown with the electric lights "ate," as the young people of today say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 11, 2022 2:40 PM

I wonder if Mo and Jujubee knew it was rigged for the UK (Blu) that’s why they seemed so phoning it in in their lip syncs?

by Anonymousreply 276March 11, 2022 3:24 PM

Yeah, for sure, r276. As soon as I realized that they're not going to have a US queen win an all expense paid trip to Hollywood, I knew it was rigged for an International queen to win. Now if there was a cash prize involved, they would be slamming their balls to the floor every chance they had.

by Anonymousreply 277March 11, 2022 4:58 PM

Baga was a cute boy and a pretty queen before the fillers and booze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 11, 2022 5:04 PM

Wow^. He was gorgeous! Booze and drugs take there toll.

by Anonymousreply 279March 11, 2022 5:20 PM

Good grief how cute/gorgeous he was. But the British curse has taken its toll.

by Anonymousreply 280March 11, 2022 10:46 PM

R280 The "British curse"? Is that's what they call pumping your face full of silicone now?

by Anonymousreply 281March 11, 2022 11:10 PM

The British curse- British men age very badly.

by Anonymousreply 282March 11, 2022 11:15 PM

That video of young Baga is pretty shocking.

by Anonymousreply 283March 12, 2022 11:05 AM

I can't believe that's the same person with the disfigured lips. The poor thing. 😟 Why do people do that to themselves?

by Anonymousreply 284March 12, 2022 12:22 PM

I don't know if a show like Drag Race really needs a big prize, but if it is going to become a global franchise with a grand-prize ending and a requirement that contestants spend tend of thousands on outfits and makeup, then it needs to do better and to be more consistent.

To go from a US season with a $100k prize to a UK season with a flight back to the US (guaranteed for all US contestants!) and a bad audio recording of the host's song as the prize is insulting to the contestants and to the viewers. Why would Jujubee care? I would never spend $10k plus on anything like this unless it was an investment toward greater returns. One could argue it's a promotional/marketing cost that will pay the contestants back with tour tickets but Jujubee was already well known and I think this exposure hurt more than it helped him. The idea that he should shell out thousands to try to win a trip to LA is ridiculous. This season was poorly designed in the sense of motivations to win. Obviously, a trip to California is a poorer prize than cash, and obviously, it's a prize that is of much greater value to a UK contestant than an American one.

And of course, we now know that all Drag Race contestants sign their souls to the devil of WOW and are legally required to participate in other seasons, so I guess Jujubee had no way to say no even if he hadn't wanted to participate.

It's weird to watch effectively different seasons of the same television show with prizes that vary from $100k to a plane ticket (UK) to an ugly dress (Holland) to $20k (or whatever it is in Canada). It's so random, and since we are most used to watching the US version with a high-dollar prize, we watch with the expectation the contestants everywhere will have expensive wardrobes. It's just a messy and unfair model. RuPaul is so rich now that he should personally provide some support funding for contestants to buy their shit.

by Anonymousreply 285March 12, 2022 12:32 PM

Fans loved Jujubee's outfits on the last allstars season she was on. And they were amazing. This definitely hurt her more than helped. What she brought this time was pedestrian drag except for maybe 2 looks.

by Anonymousreply 286March 12, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote]all Drag Race contestants sign their souls to the devil

They have souls?

by Anonymousreply 287March 12, 2022 1:07 PM

The reason why there was no cash prize was brittish rules about shows like this. Ru probably loves that and will film as much as he can in the UK lol.

by Anonymousreply 288March 12, 2022 1:25 PM

R285, Canada actually has the best prize because the 100,000 dohlahs is tax-free.

OMG, that dress for Holland S1 was hideous. (The prize for S2 was a hosting gig at Milkshake, a music festival in Amsterdam.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 12, 2022 6:17 PM

At first glance, I thought that was an ad for Dragula.

It's all a big shit show, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 290March 12, 2022 6:21 PM

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by that Baga video...the bone structure is to die for!!! He was so cute!!

by Anonymousreply 291March 12, 2022 6:43 PM

I think the so-called British curse is only about men who age badly naturally and prematurely but not men who ruin themselves via artificial means.

by Anonymousreply 292March 12, 2022 7:04 PM

Jujubee explains why her looks were mostly shit. The situation sucked—she had multiple designers bail on her and had to come up with looks using stuff she already had—but the way she tells it is a scream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 14, 2022 10:08 AM

Another fun interview, this one with Tia Kofi. She touches on getting hate after Pangina sent Jimbo home, plus Jimbo shading her (playfully or not) in her exit interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294March 14, 2022 10:16 AM

The cash prize (taxed anyway) is really nothing compared to the exposure and bookings the queens get from the show. Right now, just being cast is better than the end prize.

At this stage, DR should be giving Survivor money and not just 100k.

And that Baga video. Wow. She was so cute. Now hee face is just fucked, not to mention her teeth. Maybe it’s just a me thing, but I like natural teeth and am really creeped out by perfect veneer teeth.

by Anonymousreply 295March 14, 2022 1:23 PM

r295, most veneers that I notice (I assume I don't notice the good ones) look like dentures. As do the overly bleached teeth.

by Anonymousreply 296March 14, 2022 1:33 PM

ala Baba Booeys big chicklet teeth.

by Anonymousreply 297March 14, 2022 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!