Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What good movies have you seen recently?

I saw this wonderful movie called "The Last Color." It was so good!

Cute, happy, sad, funny, and heart warming. Naturally, I cried at the end.

I swear, the best movies are not coming from Hollywood any more. They're coming from foreign countries.

If you get a chance, try to watch this movie.

Another good one was Blue Bayou. The only thing was that it was too long. But the story was really good.

I watched both of these movies by accident, on a long Delta flight. And I'm happy I did.

What other good ones are out there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 2:31 AM

In this movie, the city of Varanasi (Banaras) looks very beautiful.

Like how you would imagine it to look like hundreds of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 5:39 PM

The Power of the Dog

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 5:43 PM

Boiling point

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 5:44 PM

In the Mood for Love (2000 Hong Kong film)

The Endless Summer (1960's surfing documentary)

Both are quite different from each other, but I absolutely loved them.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 5:51 PM

The power of the sphincter

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 5:52 PM

From a few years back - The Farewell on Amazon Prime. Really touching and genuinely informative. I had no idea Awkwafina could really act, but she’s fantastic in this.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 5:53 PM

In the Same Breath (documentary)

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

Blue Bayou was an interesting take on the issue of Deportation.

Instead of focusing on the obvious choice (Mexican Americans being deported), they put an asian spin on it.

Not sure if the situation used in the movie was very realistic, but it did make the point that the rules behind American deportation is rather ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 6:00 PM

My breast starring Meredith Baxter Birney

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 9:21 PM

The Florida Project

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 9:23 PM

I just saw a movie called "The Learning Tree" on TCM earlier today.

The lead character was an adorable kid named Kyle Johnson.

I didn't intend to watch the movie. I just happened upon it by accident, but it was interesting, so I watched the whole thing.

Afterwards, I googled the cast of "The Learning Tree," and discovered that Kyle Johnson is actually the son of Nichelle Nichols (Uhura on Star Trek).

That's so cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!