Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

I think it’s gross and don’t want to brush my teeth in hot water but I know lots of people who do it.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2022 1:05 AM

I've never heard of this! Seems inconvenient to me.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 3:28 PM

Why not? How is it gross? I wash my body in warm water, why is it so bad to rinse with a mouthful of warm water? I do it even though it's not the best for my carbon footprint or whatever (but earth will be dead in probably 50 years anyway).

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 3:38 PM

I would do it but its a waste of water if you live in a water scarce area.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 3:44 PM

I wouldn't judge anyone over something so trivial, but I prefer to shave and brush my teeth at the sink. I don't piss in the shower either. To each, his own.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 3:45 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 3:46 PM

Sometimes I gargle with mouthwash and spit it out in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 3:49 PM

And OP doesn't clean her shithole and stinking vadge in the shower????

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 3:50 PM

Absolutely. And I told my dentist, and he agrees. I brush, floss and tongue scrape in the shower. Kiss me, you’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 3:51 PM

I brush my teeth with hot water, but at the sink, not in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 3:55 PM

I remember an episode of Ellen where they were discussing water conservation and Ellen proudly claimed to brush her teeth while showering, which is a much bigger water waster than just standing over the sink. Maybe she turns off the water.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 4:19 PM

Cured of this after spending a year in an area with non-potable water. Mouth shut in the shower

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 4:19 PM

OP you said you know lots of people who do this? How do you know? This comes up in conversations with your friends?

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 4:20 PM

I do not.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 4:36 PM

I don’t know why people do this, unless they’re really into multitasking.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 4:38 PM

Ridiculous comment R14.

Brushing your teeth in the shower, has nothing to do with multitasking. It has everything to do with a thorough cleaning. Water rushing through the spaces between your teeth, in combination with a good brushing, and flossing, is more superior in get the “crud” out, than just standing over a faucet spilling out a minuscule amount of water.

Think, water pic. Same principle. Flood those gums and spaces with water.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 4:55 PM

"is more superior"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 5:10 PM

I douche in the shower

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 5:14 PM

Go fuck yourself, R16. Seriously, just go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 5:14 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the shower.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 5:15 PM

Ugh, no. I wasn't raised in Walnut Grove, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 5:18 PM

Most people only shower once a day, but probably should be brushing their teeth at least twice day. So hopefully the toothbrush and toothpaste don't just live in the shower with once a day use?

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 5:19 PM

I’ve heard of people doing that, blowing their noses, even peeing in the shower. Ugh, so gross. My sister used to blow her nose, & I would always yell at her for it.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

R18 The problem with the Oh, dear troll family is that it's cute/smugly amusing when it happens to someone else but infuriating when it happens to you.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 8:28 PM

If I hear someone in the shower blowing out their snot it grosses me out. However, it really is an ideal place to evacuate mucus (the hot water loosens stuff up). I do it in my own shower when nobody's listening (only if I'm stuffed up).

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 8:30 PM

I do it all. I dont know the last time I used a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 8:34 PM

I shave in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 8:36 PM

Washing/conditioning my hair takes over five minutes to let substances do their job. What am I supposed to do?

Shaving, brushing teeth, and clipping toe nails are included in my shower performance because I live alone and I can be weird like that.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 9:06 PM

R21 Excellent point. I brush 3x per day, yet do not shower daily. I also have a Waterpik, and use Listerine.

I also prefer using a shaving brush with real shave soap. Both the bowl and handle of my brush are made of wood. I'm not dragging all that into the shower with me. Fogless shave mirrors have never worked for me in the past.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 11:59 PM

I poop in the shower

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2022 12:01 AM

I wash the dishes in the shower.

I kid.

But seriously, I once tried to “save time” by washing my dog in the shower with me and I’m pretty sure all I accomplished was traumatizing us both. She kept trying to drown herself and I slipped 3+ times on her shampoo & conditioner.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2022 1:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!