Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Commonwealth of Virginia Just Found Out They Elected Donald Trump, Jr. as Their New Governor.

Governor Glenn Youngkin today signed nine Executive Orders and two Executive Directives at the Virginia State Capitol, acting on several of his Day One promises to Virginians:

Executive Order Number One ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education. - He's going after the Bogeyman.

Executive Order Number Two to empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school. - He's making it okay for the parents of one child to infect an entire school building with hundreds of other students; also, undermining the authority of 133 local School Boards.

Executive Order Number Three to restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia. - If you're Black, don't plan on being released any time soon . . .

Executive Order Number Four to investigate wrongdoing in Loudoun County. - He's not even making a secret of the fact he's now using his new Office to go after his political enemies.

Executive Order Number Nine to withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). - He really is a brain-dead A$$H0LE intent on killing us all.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2022 9:31 PM

None of these are surprising to those who voted for him and he got a majority of the votes.

If you want to elect Democrats stop adopting and supporting policies voters dislike.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 2:21 PM

Fuck you R1.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 2:24 PM

Surprise!

(he didn't campaign on any of this shit R1, but you know that. Willful stupidity is not a cute look.)

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 2:26 PM

I have R1 blocked. It's probably either a MAGAT or NYPD Officer EDW|N. Either sucks giant balls and should be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 2:52 PM

I predict he won't serve a second term.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 4:34 PM

[quote] If you want to elect Democrats stop adopting and supporting policies voters dislike.

Republicans politicians support all sorts of policies that even Republican voters don't like. By your theory people wouldn't vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 4:37 PM

He can't serve a consecutive term in Virginia

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote] He can't serve a consecutive term in Virginia

Hence my prediction, come on I am no dummy, My predictions are almost never correct but you gotta give me this one.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 4:40 PM

How would one kid sans a mask infect the others wear masks ? Do masks work?

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote] How would one kid sans a mask infect the others wear masks ? Do masks work?

Like vaccines, masks don't provide 100% protection but they do provide a degree of protection to both the wearer and other people. When you remove half of the value of masking by some wearing and some not wearing you reduce the value to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 4:51 PM

Just talked to a colleague who works in a Virginia school system. He says that teachers are already under a huge amount of stress due to the pandemic and that it’s nearly impossible to hire substitutes and casual workers.

Predicts MASSIVE and statewide teacher/paraprofessional walk-/sick-outs as the first consequence of this asinine Order.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2022 4:57 PM

Isn't this what he said he would do?

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2022 5:08 PM

R10 you’re sweet for treating that as a legitimate question.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2022 5:34 PM

Since he has one shot he'll ram through whatever he can get away with, no matter how extreme. He's doing exactly what he promised he would. He only got elected because of hysterical white suburban parents who swung away from Dems (and a boring retread opponent).

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 5:48 PM

I voted for him and this is why. I voted for Biden in 2020 and am anti-Trump. I don't believe in CRT. If we're going to teach whites how they are enslavers, why can't we hold a mirror to black culture and its effects? Slavery ended a long time ago. It's not impacting black lives today. The rampant glamorization of crime and ghetto culture however?

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2022 5:54 PM

R15, do fuck of. We can’t teach poor widdle white children about slavery but we should teach them how to blame “ghetto” children and their parents? I hope Covid gets your stupid ass.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2022 6:02 PM

[quote]I don't believe in CRT. If we're going to teach whites how they are enslavers, why can't we hold a mirror to black culture and its effects?

So you're a fucking idiot with no clue about history or what's taught in public schools? That tracks.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2022 6:03 PM

R15 - Thanks for your candid and honest response, but I have to ask: Is the CRT hullabaloo/paper tiger *really* more important to you than Global Climate Change, the autonomy of local school boards/governments, and critical public health policy?

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]Slavery ended a long time ago. It's not impacting black lives today.

I don't even know where to [italic]begin[/italic] with that comment.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2022 6:20 PM

It’s time to assassinate a certain governor.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2022 7:04 PM

No one said slavery shouldn't be taught, but the whole belief that white people are grand oppressors and continue to hold black people back? There are more black middle class Americans than their white counterparts in relation to their population percentage. Latino and Asian communities are doing just fine. CRT is extreme propoganda meant to teach black people how oppressed they are. But yet they aren't. This is why we have extreme views of black people being underrepresented in popular culture when they are the most represented minority group despite not being the largest. Dems are using blacks to continue to enslave their votes while never really lifting the community up. Sadly, a large enough portion of the black community buys into it, so it still works. Dems don't pander to latino or asians like they do blacks because those communities have a different culture and don't see Dems as their saviors. I think blacks have it harder in this country, but i also feel like the culture of that community isn't helping.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2022 7:13 PM

CRT was not being taught in Virginia schools to begin with, but nice try R15.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote] CRT was not being taught in Virginia schools to begin with

So there’s zero harm in barring something that didn’t exist, right?

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2022 7:41 PM

R23 - His VERY FIRST executive order as Governor has an effect equivalent to barring the Toothfairy or Easter Bunny from ever holding public office. Now THAT’S leadership!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2022 8:30 PM

R21, what do you know about the culture in the black community? Did you grow up in the black community or do you get your knowledge from Fox News?

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2022 8:45 PM

I voted for Biden and am liberal but I listen to both sides and I worry that CRT will make white children play naked in the streets with colored children who will teach them bad things because they are ghetto but abortion should be legal but there should be restrictions because if Democrats oppose all restrictions they'll lose because that's alt-left and woke like when they de-funded the police in and the ghettos played naked in the streets with the illegal immigrants even though I support immigrants but only legal ones but I also love to play naked with right wing religious fanatics who are very anti-gay but they are white and beautiful people so how can you people here at DL be so judgemental and left wing extremist both sides are bad you shouldn't worry about politics but talk about white peen..........

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2022 9:02 PM

“I voted for Biden” is the new “I voted for Obama”., followed by but.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote] So there’s zero harm in barring something that didn’t exist, right?

R23 CRT is a label that can mean many different things to different people, I don't know how they are defining CRT in Virginia but in Texas...

[quote] the bill prohibits teaching that “an individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish or any other form of psychological distress on account of the individual's race or sex.”

Some have described the Texas law as barring anything that might make white kids feel bad. Parents can ask their kids what they learned in school today and if they don't like what their kids tell them, they can tell them so but for government to start telling schools what and how to teach because of a political campaign designed to stir up racist voters, down to this level is dangerous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote] Some have described the Texas law as barring anything that might make white kids feel bad.

But if there is nothing in the curriculum that does that, the law has no effect, good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote] I voted for him and this is why. I voted for Biden in 2020 and am anti-Trump. I don't believe in CRT. If we're going to teach whites how they are enslavers, why can't we hold a mirror to black culture and its effects? Slavery ended a long time ago. It's not impacting black lives today. The rampant glamorization of crime and ghetto culture however?

[quote] No one said slavery shouldn't be taught, but the whole belief that white people are grand oppressors and continue to hold black people back? There are more black middle class Americans than their white counterparts in relation to their population percentage. Latino and Asian communities are doing just fine. CRT is extreme propoganda meant to teach black people how oppressed they are. But yet they aren't. This is why we have extreme views of black people being underrepresented in popular culture when they are the most represented minority group despite not being the largest. Dems are using blacks to continue to enslave their votes while never really lifting the community up. Sadly, a large enough portion of the black community buys into it, so it still works. Dems don't pander to latino or asians like they do blacks because those communities have a different culture and don't see Dems as their saviors. I think blacks have it harder in this country, but i also feel like the culture of that community isn't helping.

1. You don't know what CRT is. CRT is a theory taught in law school. It is not being taught in any primary and secondary public school.

2. Less than 1% of black people will commit a violent crime.

3. Slavery ended in the 1860's. Jim Crow segregation eventually followed. Then decades of institutional racism, post Jim Crow. You don't know or understand American History. Throughout all of it white supremacists have demonized black people, referred to them as violent criminals and blamed any of their suffering on the innate inferiority.

Only a fool would attempt to argue that the history of any people or any nation doesn't not impact the present day.

The US is 70+ percent white. The white poverty rate = 10%. The US is 13% black. The black poverty rate = 20%, Hispanic is 17%.

Your entire argument is bullshit. No is teaching nonwhites that racial equality does not exist. Their experiences in this country make it quite clear, including commentary like yours.

4. The "manifest destiny" and meritocracy American mythology are the propaganda.

5. No one believes you voted for any Democrat ever. No one claiming Democrats are "enslaving" black people is voting for Democrats.

Unfortunately you are a typical white supremacist moron and you and the millions like you are burning this nation to the ground.

[quote] [R23] CRT is a label that can mean many different things to different people, I don't know how they are defining CRT in Virginia but in Texas...

CRT is a legal theory. Republicans use it as a catch all boogey man label. However, none of what they refer to CRT is actually CRT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 3:45 AM

What R15's diarrhea sounded like before Google Translate:

[quote] Я проголосовал за него и вот почему. Я голосовал за Байдена в 2020 году и против Трампа. Я не верю в ЭЛТ. Если мы собираемся учить белых тому, что они поработители, почему мы не можем отразить черную культуру и ее последствия? Рабство давно закончилось. Сегодня это не влияет на жизнь чернокожих. Однако безудержное гламурирование преступности и культуры гетто?

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 3:53 AM

"No one said slavery shouldn't be taught, but the whole belief that white people are grand oppressors and continue to hold black people back?"

No one is teaching that, you're just repeating right-wing talking points

"There are more black middle class Americans than their white counterparts in relation to their population percentage"

Untrue

"Latino and Asian communities are doing just fine."

Untrue. Latino people are more likely to live below the poverty level than whites

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 4:01 AM

"But if there is nothing in the curriculum that does that, the law has no effect, good or bad."

So if a Young Republican white kid feels bad about reading Beloved, we should just ban it? Only things that make people feel great should be taught?

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 4:02 AM

He wants to fine schools that have mask mandates.

Despite the fact that his kids go to a private school in MD with mask and vaccine mandates

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 4:03 AM

r33, the premise is that schools aren’t making anyone feel bad.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 5:22 AM

R4 That fat obese turd Ewwdwin aint a policeman lol he works at McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 5:25 AM

[quote] [R33], the premise is that schools aren’t making anyone feel bad.

Since when have white students been emotionally tormented or damaged by the brief American History lessons that cover the Native American genocide or the African slave genocide. White students have never "felt bad" about any of this nation's injustices. They don't give a rat's fuck. It's all ancient history to students. The only thing students feel bad about is having to study any history at all. Its a ridiculous argument. Republicans don't talking about the urgency of removing any of the world wars, the Holocaust or the women's suffrage movement.

It's astounding how profoundly stupid Americans are.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 5:49 AM

Here’s a relevant video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 5:56 AM

I'm a former Virginian and can't believe Terry McAuliffe is the best the Democrats could come up with as a candidate. He wasn't a bad governor, but he also wasn't anything exceptional. He only won his previous term because he ran against a nutcase (I think it was Ken Cuccinelli), and the previous governor, a Republican, still had the stink of scandal on him (Bob McDonnell).

I still have friends in Virginia and am willing to bet they all voted for Youngkin. They all make 6 figures, support low taxes, and are disillusioned by rising crime rates (carjackings and murders in Arlington of all places). Also, even liberal Northern Virginia has become frustrated by a rapid increase in illegal immigrants flocking to the area.

However, Youngkin has to walk a fine line if he wants to keep Virginia competitive for Republicans. If he governs like Brian Kemp or Greg Abbott, he'll ensure a Democrat carries Virginia in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 6:11 AM

I used to do a training for teachers that really was mostly a discussion and brought awareness to the multitude of isms in the classroom and how to handle them in the classroom.

It was always interesting how everyone was on board with all the other topics—sexism, homophobia, etc— but race was always taken personally by white teachers, as if just discussing it was an accusation.

The mentality was that racism is “over”—or I’m not racist, therefore racism isn’t an issue—even though I’m not a person of color.

And CRT is not something that would be taught in a classroom as a subject. Racism and slavery might come up within the context of a history lesson or literature, but nothing else. The whole thing is stupid, but seeing how educated teachers reacted to a simple awareness piece, I can see how ignorant parents being fed propaganda are reacting this way.

It all seems bizarre how we grew up watch Roots on TV,, yet talking honestly about systemic racism in the classroom is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 6:19 AM

Mr. Youngkin is a violent criminal who should be impeached immediately.

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote]How would one kid sans a mask infect the others wear masks ? Do masks work?

Can someone really be this ignorant this far into the pandemic?

I'll assume you are just that dumb R9 and help you out. Why does a surgeon wear a mask but not the patient being operated on? Because wearing the mask reduces the risk of THE SURGEON spreading something harmful, THRU THEIR BREATH, to the patent's open wounds.

Masks filter the air you breath in a bit, but what they really do is they DO STOP DROPLETS in your breath from GOING OUT into the world. and IT'S THE DROPLETS that have things like viruses hitched to them.

You breathe dirty droplets into the air and they float onto, say, an old persons eye... them wearing a mask does nothing to prevent your dirty droplet from infecting them. But YOU wearing a mask sure would. It would most likely stop that droplet at the source... which is you.

THat's why wearing the mask has been promoted over and over as PROTECTING OTHERS, ya nitwit. Get a grip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 7:20 AM

I think five comes after four.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 8:20 AM

They didn’t elect Donald Trump, Jr,

They elected Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2022 8:48 AM

Guys, r15 has about 400 sockpuppets, he's been bringing up CRT in dozens of threads recently. Surely you've noticed? You HAVE to start putting these people on ignore. You cannot possibly be so naive that you think repeatedly arguing against these trolls will do any good.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote] CRT is extreme propoganda meant to teach black people how oppressed they are. But yet they aren't. This is why we have extreme views of black people being underrepresented in popular culture when they are the most represented minority group despite not being the largest.

????? The so-called "CRT" is for whites. Black people don't learn about racism in school, it is intergenerational lived experience. Apparently, white people don't want their children to learn about the long, intergenerational American tradition of racism that continues to confer privilege on whites while threatening the security and well-being of Blacks. Anti-CRT rhetoric is merely coded anti-Black sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote] There are more black middle class Americans than their white counterparts in relation to their population percentage.

R21, can you provide a source link for that? I don’t find that impossible to believe, but I’d like to see how middle class is defined. I’m assuming that the proportion of whites who are above middle class is higher, so I’d like to see where the line is being drawn.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote] [R21], can you provide a source link for that? I don’t find that impossible to believe, but I’d like to see how middle class is defined. I’m assuming that the proportion of whites who are above middle class is higher, so I’d like to see where the line is being drawn.

His asshole is the source. His entire post = bullshit.

The US is 70+ percent white. The white poverty rate = 10%. The US is 13% black. The black poverty rate = 20%, Hispanic is 17%.

[quote] ????? The so-called "CRT" is for whites. Black people don't learn about racism in school, it is intergenerational lived experience. Apparently, white people don't want their children to learn about the long, intergenerational American tradition of racism that continues to confer privilege on whites while threatening the security and well-being of Blacks. Anti-CRT rhetoric is merely coded anti-Black sentiment.

CRT is a theory taught in law school. It is not being taught in any primary and secondary public school.

There is no public school curriculum designed to teach whites about racism or to teach who oppression. There is only American History. Whites don't want their children to learn American History. You cannot teach it without mentioning (which is essentially what most curriculum does) the Native American genocide and the African slave genocide.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2022 6:55 PM

I always laugh when they claim CRT would be taught in school. Most kids wouldn’t even pay attention even if it were taught as a subject. Kids are so fucking jaded nowadays thanks to media and the internet, a teacher could play porn and they’d yawn.

Parents think their children are somewhere between Glee and the fantasy college lecture scene in The Mirror Has Two Faces, where everyone is alert, engaged, entertained and hungry for knowledge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2022 8:05 PM

OP, do you live in Virginia?

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2022 8:06 PM

I sure as hell didn't vote for him. But I was surprised that he won.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2022 8:16 PM

R50 - I do live in Virginia! It’s not that I didn’t expect Youngkin to do these kinds of things; I’m just surprised that he decided to brand himself as such an ignorant, antagonistic asshole from Day One of his governorship.

As another poster astutely pointed out: If he tries to run Virginia like it’s Texas or Florida he’ll pave the way for statewide Dem victories over the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2022 8:21 PM

The conservative press is how this happens. Voters don't know how bad the GOP is, just that the Republicans weren't in charge and I want little Bronwyn back in school so I can have me time and the Republican said he would do that. So they vote for him for that reason, and get all of this. This wouldn't happen if the press wasn't conservative biased and would actually ask these assholes what are their policies should they be elected. But instead we get horse race coverage of who was how much money and what attacks are working and who's winning the day with the narrative. And that will always favor the Republicans, because they are bad faith actors with no real policy agenda, just make the rich richer while making it impossible to vote them out.

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2022 8:24 PM

Clearly he's planning to run for President same as DeSantis. He can't run for governor again. Doing everything he can to appeal to the MAGATs.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2022 8:28 PM

If CRT is a boogyman, then why do you care if it is banned in schools. It isn’t being taught, is it?

And, as for mask, study after study show that masking in schools has little to no effect. Children are already not huge covid carriers, they seldom can properly wear them, and they have been shown to negativly impact learning outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2022 8:42 PM

MAGAT parents are using the CRT bogeyman excuse to ban books by black writers that have nothing to do with CRT. By their thinking, anything by a nonwhite writer is automatically suspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2022 9:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!