Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you sick to your stomach?

$1.25????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 11:23 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 12:42 PM

Even though the majority of their items are actually expensive when compared to buying in bulk, and the quality is substandard, a lot of people shop there for most of their food and household supplies because it is all they can afford. For them, and the rest of us actually, a 25% price hike will have a big impact on their life.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 12:42 PM

This was done to appease rapacious shareholders

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 12:45 PM

Only extremely poor white trash buys shit at dollar stores. I would never go near one. That is where all the Karens congregate. No fucking thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 12:47 PM

R4 goes to popeyes and wig shops instead.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2022 12:50 PM

R4- Please, get back on your meds today.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2022 12:57 PM

R6 is the queen bee of Karens, fuck off cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2022 12:59 PM

The heyday of dollar stores ( non chain) was the mid to late 1990's. This one dollar store would have the most BEAUTIFUL wrapping paper for Christmas. I would buy my kitchen timers there for a buck and large calculators for a buck. I have to admit the timers never lasted too long.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2022 12:59 PM

If you're upset over the 25% increase, imagine elder-eldergays who go back to the days of the five and dime stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2022 1:36 PM

I like to get my cards (birthday, holiday, etc.) there. I would get two cards for a dollar. They were Hallmark cards, too...and a good selection. I guess they'll be two for $1.25, too. The price of cards at other places is so ridiculous....starting at $3.00 and up, just for one. It's still a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2022 4:30 PM

25% is the real inflation rate, not 7%.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 11:20 AM

I’m sick OF my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 11:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!