Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gays who take on traditional het roles

Chasten Buttigieg is the prime example. Do you know any gays who behave like a 1950s housewife?

by Anonymousreply 71December 15, 2022 10:05 PM

It is just Chasten's public persona for Secretary's so called libersl voters. In private, he is the most in demand top of DC bathhouses.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2022 8:22 AM

[quote]Do you know any gays who behave like a 1950s housewife?

Half of the DL. They're the bitchy/judgmental ones, though. Chasten is a Donna Reed type.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2022 8:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2022 8:32 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2022 4:19 PM

R3 = He played Matthew on Difficult People...He was hilarious...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2022 3:35 AM

Chasten is lazy. He isn't Donna Reed. He is more like Peg Bundy. Why does everyone "forget" that Chasten is just a Michigan Country Bumpkin.?. Do you know what kind of person thinks living on a lake in Michigan is "classy"? A hillbilly. This is a guy who spent more months on the campaign trail talking about being a teacher--than he actually spent in a classroom being a teacher!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2022 3:41 AM

R2 A top he ain't.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2022 3:42 AM

R7 = Pete just gave an interview and talked about himself and HIS twins...NO MENTION of Chasten...uh oh...Neither one of them are tops.. Which explains the miserable look Chasten always has on his face. Pete looks like the guy who orals badly and Chasten looks like the guy who misses his black hookups in Chicago...Bad sex will end a marriage. These two are on borrowed time. The minute the hot Transportation Dept Employee walks into Petes office it is all over for Nanny Chasten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2022 3:48 AM

R8 Nah, they'll stick it out. Both have high ambitions and are smart enough to know what's at stake if they started presenting hole at Crew Club.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 4:58 AM

r6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 5:03 AM

We found our traditional homophobic lady from 50s at R8.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 7:31 AM

Why is Chasten in the traditional het role but not Pete? More bottom shaming.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 7:42 AM

I present the frau-est bottom on DL.

Kids are biologically the husband's, and he took the husband's name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 7:46 AM

Where is the proof the kids are biologically Pete's?

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 7:49 AM

Usually bottoms. They are the ones that get proposed to, they take their husbands last names , during the time of the month they get explosive diarrhea, etc.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 7:50 AM

Happiness is having a drink and an open mouth ready for your man when he gets home from work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 8:34 AM

R14 = Pete's kids...100 percent....No way is a Harvard grad with that level of arrogance going to raise anyone elses biological kids than his own. He probably promised Chasten they will have more kids and then not do it. Look at Chastens Family Tree---not exactly the Kennedys---more like The Conners...I still say Chasten is 9 years younger and probably stupidly signed a pre-nup and this whole marriage is a charade from Petes side. Pete can get primo dick now--you think he is going to be married to Chasten 5 years from now? Not a chance.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 8:38 AM

what actually makes me uncomfortable is that it looks like pete was the one who chose the name of the twins. Joseph after his own dad and Penelope is the name of the last chapter of Ulysses, pete’s favorite book. I can understand that Chasten didn’t feel strongly about the kids having his own last name because it’s true that the kids being Buttigieg will actually help them because like it or not, that’s a famous last name that sells but letting pete name both of the kids by himself, that’s a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 9:04 AM

R18 Maybe he thought: Name your brats as you wish and leave them to nanny, while I will chase hot muscle bottoms in bathhouses all the time.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 9:23 AM

R18 = Exactly. Very telling...4 years ago Chasten was single. Now he is a nanny. And apparently a financially poor one. Don't get me wrong--nothing wrong with kids--but there is a reason married gays wait until their late 30s to have kids--they want to travel and have fun.. Pete robbed Chasten of that. Remember--Pete had 9 more years than Chasten to have fun. There is going to be some resentment there. They are following PETES whole life plan. Where is Chastens plan? Chaz is screwed. Divorce is not going to break Petes political career unless it is ugly (and even he is too smart for that). Chasten is destined to Joan Kenney First Wife status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 9:34 AM

Chasten got involved with abusive partners before he met Pete. I'm not accusing Pete but you never know what people do behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 9:44 AM

No way Pete is going to divorce Chasten if he knows what is good for him. Being the first out gay man in high politics puts him under double pressure to leave the impression of stability, particularly now with kids around. He can not disappoint the voters by being another "promiscuous" gay. He is not allowed to behave like Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 9:46 AM

You are seriously suggesting that Chasten would not LOVE the name Penelope?

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 10:05 AM

Chasten wanted to pay homage to his Hillbilly Michigan roots and name the kids Detroit and Madonna. Pete decided to name HIS biological children something else.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 10:10 AM

The shit that gets hung on this couple. Chasten will be under pressure. He's home alone with two young babies in a town where he has no longterm friends and no family. Pete will be largely consumed with his work. Yes it was somewhat foolish to jump into parenthood during a time of stress and transition, but please give him a break. There are vile people in this world and he isn't one of them. If you think he's unlikely to read what you write you are deluded. Posts here routinely get picked up by Google searches and alerts.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 10:14 AM

R25 = Hi Chasten. Sorry your gig as a substitute teacher in crime filled South Bend didn't work out. Any idea how you are going to feel when you start paying back your student loan in April?

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 10:23 AM

So what role SHOULD they take that would be acceptable? Describe it exactly in the way you say is ok.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 10:28 AM

"So what role SHOULD they take that would be acceptable? Describe it exactly in the way you say is ok."

In a state of perpetual adolescence, where soulless sex, meth and empty materialism lead to a haze of psychiatric drugs followed by suicide or death from an OD aged 35.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 10:31 AM

R1 That wasn’t funny the first 50 times you said it and it isn’t funny now!

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 10:49 AM

from minute 35, chasten says that their future kids will be glezman buttigieg but all of the sudden, present day, the kids are here and they are only buttigieg and it seems like chasten didn’t even got to chose their first names.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 11:12 AM

r29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 11:16 AM

there is no way pete gets a divorce ever. if he had marketed himself different, maybe but no in this universe. Just look at Sen. Ossoff, he’s only a few years younger but i’ve never seen a single picture with his campaigning with his wife and he just had a daughter a few weeks ago. there’s no picture in the hospital bed together, just a written announcement and that’s it. His wife isn’t part of his political persona but Chasten is for Pete. He put his as a huge part of the presidential campaign and he even got solo events. They both post lots of family photos and everything. They are a combo, specially now with the kids. If Pete ruins that, he’s done. And like someone also said in another comment, if pete’s marriage fails, it’s not a representation of pete’s marriage failing, it’s a representation of gay marriage failing because he’s the highest profile gay politician in the country, the gop/crazy pastors will run at the chance of mentioning that gay marriage is against god and doesn’t last. There’s literally no way he gets a divorce. if he’s unhappy, he will have to deal with it till death do them apart.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 11:23 AM

R32 Get fucking real divorce happens and his presidential delusions will wear off.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 11:28 AM

R21 = No offense but Chasten has said A LOT of unproven things. Remember Chasten also claimed the twins are adopted.. We haven't seen any of THAT paperwork either...There is a reason for that.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2022 11:38 AM

R5 is that show supposed to be funny? All the jokes they picked for the promo were terrible.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2022 11:42 AM

You’re sweet, R25, and I agree with you. Even though this thread is rich.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2022 11:50 AM

R35 = It actually wasn't bad. Give a try if you get bored on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2022 11:52 AM

Could we please give Chasten a break? He just gave birth to twins a few months ago. An orifice doesn't just snap back into place after that. His hole needs time to heal and if time isn't enough, he can get it rejuvenated. Chasten understands that while he is in recovery, Pete will be inserting his hairy uncut Maltese falcon into other bottoms but they mean nothing to him.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2022 12:13 PM

[quote]Remember Chasten also claimed the twins are adopted.. We haven't seen any of THAT paperwork either

Why the hell would we have access access to such a private document? This sounds like Obama's birther conspiracies.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 12:31 PM

Tons, most gays I see have fully assimilated

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 12:50 PM

"There’s literally no way he gets a divorce"

R32 Good grief, grow up. (and using "literally" makes you sound like a 12 yr old girl)

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 1:34 PM

R39 I go back and forth on this theory. Pete seems like the type to want s surrogate. However, why lie snd say they are adopted. I do agree that if he had a surrogate that some people would attack him, but nothing too bad. However, having children via surrogacy and then lying and saying they were adopted would be damming.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 1:51 PM

Neither surrogate nor adoption; Chasten gave birth to them. We all noticed his weight gain last year.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 6:54 PM

R42 = I think the lie is for a BOOK DEAL...I really do. They are going to make up all kinds of garbage for their publisher and to make a buck. Chasten already said they had "difficulty" having kids. And as with all lies that come from the Buttigiegs--ZERO proof.

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2022 12:05 AM

R44 - it's heartbreaking to think of all the time and energy, not to mention semen, that was wasted as day in, day out, Mayor Pete stabbed Chasten's shit chute and flooded it with his manly goo, all for Chasten to fail to conceive a butt baby on his own.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2022 3:21 PM

How did an entire thread on a topic with fertile grounds for exploration become yet another gossip fest about the Buttigieg family?

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2022 3:26 PM

You faggots are obsessed with these two, and not in the fun way.

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2022 3:33 PM

I doubt it's gay men doing half the obsessing here.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2022 4:00 PM

"Well at least with those two I don't have too ask 'Which one of you is the man, and which one is the woman?'"

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2022 4:09 PM

R49 Are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote] Chasten Buttigieg is the prime example. Do you know any gays who behave like a 1950s housewife?

I would if I ever found the right top. I give Chasten props for that.

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2022 4:25 PM

I feel like one source of argument might be positioning. I can see Chasten wanting to be on his back with his legs parted and held up, while Mayor Pete prefers Chasten on his stomach when they make love.

by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2022 5:28 PM

R52 Of course Pete wants Chasten from behind. Would YOU want to look at the face?

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2022 6:04 PM

R53 totally agreed but I'm sure Chasten feels more womanly when he's in missionary position

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2022 6:31 PM

Nobody acts like a 1950s housewife. Public figures cultivate an image for an audience especially politicians. Buttigeig is sadly in a difficult position, he has to appeal nonthreatening to the homophobic moralizing small town conservative base who think in binary, outdated, heteronormative terms. We are sadly, still not accepting that gay men are just men who like other men. Many gay relationships are akin to romantic friendships not monogamous man and wife roles dynamics. And yes there is usually is a more dominant one but that's hardly a hetero thing even in platonic friendships, there is a more dominant person.

by Anonymousreply 55January 20, 2022 6:48 PM

R38 - MARY!

R55 - Mayor Pete I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post this on DL.

by Anonymousreply 56January 20, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote] I do agree that if he had a surrogate that some people would attack him, but nothing too bad.

A lot of female voters would resent him for it. He can't be for equality for women and use women's eggs and bodies to produce designer babies. It would destroy his image of having a strong social conscience.

by Anonymousreply 57January 20, 2022 7:41 PM

Of course Pete used a surrogate. There are no newborn white babies 'on the market' for adoption. Especially not girl/boy twins which are the result of IVF. This is going to come back to bite Pete in the ass. He should have been honest and done an Anderson Cooper 'we're so grateful to the wonderful woman who gave birth to our beloved rugrats!'

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Who said the babies were white? From what I've seen they look darker than both parents.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2022 8:37 PM

looks white to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 20, 2022 9:26 PM

Is that Billy Porter to the right?

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2022 9:37 PM

After all the controversy Pete had in South Bend with his racist police force, if they adopted black babies there would be hell to pay. It is no longer acceptable for white people to adopt black kids except older ones out of foster care like Sean Patrick Maloney did.

by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2022 9:42 PM

I like imaging being a '50s housewife and greeting my husband Carl Nassib when he come home with a clean house, dinner on the stove and all holes open for business. But the truth is I'm far too lazy to do all that stuff, except that last bit.

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2022 10:06 PM

R57 Not as much as you think. Some radfems would hate him. And while I am sure some Pete hating publications (especially Black ones) would have their thought pieces, no one on the campaign trail would be able to press him on it without looking anti-Gay. Plus, kinda fake for SJWs to be anti surrogacy but pro sex work.

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2022 10:16 PM

Special Message from a Special Couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2022 6:13 PM

How about David Burtka, OP?

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2022 6:43 PM

I'm just a traditional antebellum Southern belle

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2022 6:45 PM

R62, lol, plenty of white people (including celebs) adopt black kids. You're making a strawman argument

by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2022 7:19 PM

R57, most people are fine with surrogacy. Except for DLers who are looking for any excuse to hate Pete

by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2022 7:23 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 70December 15, 2022 8:23 PM

r66 It's getting pretty traditional (allegedly).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 15, 2022 10:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!