Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin is my Hero

I love that she went scorched earth on the former usurper.

Can you imagine what he would have done with a second term? He was trying to sell out America to other countries and would have locked all the liberals into concentration camps.

Besides, it was just a gag. Talk about cancel culture. The republicans started it.

Hopefully the public has come around. A la Sinead O'Connor. Her only crime is that she was too ahead of her time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 23, 2022 2:34 PM

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 6:07 PM

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 6:10 PM

Love her! Delish!

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 6:10 PM

Happy to hear that she is now cancer free.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 6:15 PM

Will Andy Cooper apologize.? He really threw her under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 6:15 PM

I love her and she has my full support.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 6:17 PM

I hope to see her tour after Covid. Front row baby. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 6:18 PM

She was great in Roger Rabbit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 6:18 PM

There are several people, including Cohen and Copper, who owe her a major, public apology.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 6:20 PM

Yes r9. They were defending Trump like he was some legitimate president that deserves respect?

Give me a break. This is not aged well for them. Trump was a monster and Kathy is one brave chick. She has balls of steel. They almost killed her.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 6:21 PM

I hope she gets her due respect.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 6:22 PM

She didn't deserve the vitriol directed toward her considering the violence they invite on a daily basis. I hope she is doing well.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 6:23 PM

Call me a woke swj but I just don't think killing people is funny.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 6:26 PM

After all, it was a comedy video. For Cooper to be so offended is ridiculous. He is too uptight and has no sense of humor.

I think you have to do something pretty bad to have a career taken away. Save that for the truly evil.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Look at Jan 6th. That is some outrages violence. Not this silly video.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 6:28 PM

[quote]Call me a woke swj

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 6:29 PM

R14, It wasn’t a comedy video. She held up the mask in exchanger for a free photo shoot with Tyler Shields. She was an idiot and it was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 6:29 PM

It was a joke. She is a comedian. Get over it.

If you are intent on being mad about something then look at all the Charlottesville violence and rethugs running over people with their cars.

Much worse than a silly joke.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 6:32 PM

I never thought she should be cancelled over this whole stunt. It just wasn’t clever or funny. Neither is Ted Nugent calling Obama a mongrel or telling Hillary to suck on his machine gun. I hate Trump as much as the next gay liberal but not impressed with Kathy either. That said, the outrage against her was a bit overblown.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 6:33 PM

R15 How was January 6 violent when only one person died and that was a woman murdered by police?

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 6:35 PM

R20 dumbfuck

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 6:36 PM

Not playing.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 6:36 PM

If Roseanne had held up a prop mean to symbolize Obama’s decapitated head yo all would have been outraged.

Hypocritical cunts

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 6:37 PM

OP, get a grip. She may have been cool is she stood her ground. Instead, she gave a pathetic press conference in which she cried about how they “broke her” and tried to make herself into a victim. It was a stupid move on her part and frankly it was fake. She got famous for saying mean shit. She got famous for being racist, agest, fatphobic and sexist in her comedy. And now, she is some how sanctimoniously against Trump for being mean?

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2022 6:38 PM

R21 How is what I said wrong? How was it violence? The media has told us that it is okay to loot and burn during a protest. Many BLM protest had federal building being burned. How is it different? Explain?

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2022 6:39 PM

She tried to play the innocent dupe regarding the photo. This from a woman whose comic persona was that of a smart woman! And her apology was fake. She certainly was aware of cancel culture so why act so surprised?

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2022 6:41 PM

R26 Kathy always plays the victim. This was clear enough on her show and how she treated Matt. She economically abused him and then left him when he tried to access shared funds.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 6:45 PM

Kathy always tries and plays the victim. It is pathetic. I respect her for sticking it to Ellen when Joan died about her not giving the proper respect. But in almost every other conflict she has been in, she is shown herself to be unhinged, unhappy and narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2022 6:47 PM

Throw back to when Kathy tried to come for Don Cheadle and he put her in her place. He also used the phrase Die In A Grease Fire. Is he a DLer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2022 6:52 PM

Didn't Griffin throw Guiliana Rancic under the bus for a comment Rancic made about patchouli and weed on Live from the Red Carpet effectively putting an end to the show? The bitch would throw her own mother under the bus!

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2022 6:55 PM

Correction R20, a domestic terrorist attempting to interfere with the American government was handled in the only way she understood.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2022 6:57 PM

[quote]That said, the outrage against her was a bit overblown.

It was *far* more than "a bit", r19.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2022 7:02 PM

Griffin in response to Trump said, 'He broke me!' This one can't be blamed on Trump. Even Chelsea Clinton spoke out publicly against what Griffin did. She put herself in an indefensible position.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2022 7:05 PM

I’d rather see Kevin hart canceled for saying he would kill his son if he were gay. How is that ugly fucker getting so much work these days… oh right, it’s not only fine to shit on gays, it’s also HILARIOUS!

It really bothers me how TV shows use the word faggot all the time. Sometimes it’s even on shows that seem pro-gay and they probably think they’re doing good putting gay topics out there. I don’t think that word should ever be used on mainstream television. How is it different than a racial slur?

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2022 7:06 PM

R32 Her victim roleplaying was far more overblown

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2022 7:07 PM

Team Kathy. She never should have apologized. THAT was her major mistake.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2022 7:11 PM

R34 correction: It is fine to shit on gays if you are Black.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2022 7:12 PM

I’m with the other softhearted, or maybe superstitious, people in this thread who thought the picture was over the line of bad taste.

But I also think it’s a strikingly and beautifully composed picture and piece of art. The reds and blues and blue-red blood. I could see it ending up in a museum.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 7:17 PM

R37,

Not only majority black shows-

I really love Grace and Frankie, but they’ve said faggot a few times and I really don’t think that should be acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2022 7:21 PM

Kathy Griffin is a HOMOPHOBE who built a career around OUTING gay celebs for the sake of a punchline. She can go FUCK HERSELF!

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2022 7:25 PM

She was great when she did the whole D-list thing, but now comes across more as a political Karen with an axe to grind.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2022 7:43 PM

Trump used Homeland security to terrorize this comedian and the defenders of freedom of speech left her left and right. That's hypocrisy at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2022 8:00 PM

Go Kathy! The deplorables in here are unhindered. As usual.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2022 8:06 PM

Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear gingers synthetic wigs.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote]Can you imagine what he would have done with a second term? He was trying to sell out America to other countries and would have locked all the liberals into concentration camps.

That's still a probable outcome, being as how Republicans are currently rigging election laws to be able to overturn outcomes they don't like, and Manchin/Sinema have blocked the Senate so that Democrats cannot stop them from doing it.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote] Even Chelsea Clinton spoke out publicly against what Griffin did.

Which shows how ridiculous it was. It was a picture. Same hypocrites calling Charlie Hebdo throwing her under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote] It really bothers me how TV shows use the word faggot all the time

Are you typing from 1982? I watch everything as part of my job and I haven't seen this in years if not decades.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2022 8:14 PM

R47,

I wasn’t even alive in 1982? It’s said all the time. What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2022 8:56 PM

I'm not hearing it anywhere, R34/R48. If you are, maybe you shouldn't be watching those shows.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2022 9:12 PM

The last was Grace and Frankie (when Saul was confronting the protesters). Comedians use it all the time- as R37 said, they’re usually black comedians.

It’s not usually used in malicious ways, but I feel it normalizes the word for the general population.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Isn't it time to start chugging your own piss, R20? Mind your manners and let the adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2022 9:30 PM

Go Kathy! She's ours. Gutsy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Knowing what we know today, the damage he wrought and the assholes he emboldened? She didn’t go FAR ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2022 10:12 PM

Kathy knew Trump before his rise to political power, when he was just a common shyster and shithead. She knew he wouldn't change.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2022 10:16 PM

Kathy Griffin makes Meg Griffin seem normal.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2022 10:31 PM

and worst of all Squatty Potty dropped Griffin over the controversial photo!

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2022 10:36 PM

Aren't rethugs usually the one making fun of cancel culture, etc? They "cancelled" the shit out of Kathy Griffin - way more than deserved.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2022 10:41 PM

This just reminded me that Yashar Ali engineered her big comeback with that NYMag feature, and then she threw him under the bus. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2022 11:18 PM

Is R20 / R25 the anti vaxx weirdo from East Europe? These posts sure remind me of that fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2022 11:25 PM

Block the cumdump @R20, and bring me his head on a platter!

by Anonymousreply 60January 20, 2022 11:26 PM

R60, if only he were a cumdump. As a cumdump, he'd be useful.

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2022 11:29 PM

Trump deserves a classy artist like that Artemisia chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2022 11:30 PM

Love Kathy. But yesterday's NYT article written by Katherine Rosman is shoddy and lame. Adds NOTHING to the current discussion. Stale drivel. And the photos were ... interesting in a lazy, lackluster way. What crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2022 11:37 PM

R18 I agree. After Charlottesville I now forgive anyone on the left for anything they do because I correctly just think to myself "God, Charlottesville changed everything and republicans REFUSE to acknowledge that I think that; how can I be mad at Kathy when Charlottesville happened?" It sounds like R18 thinks like I do, which is to say, nuts.

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2022 11:54 PM

Sure, Freeper Cunt Fuck R31.

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 65January 23, 2022 2:33 PM

Beg pardon R31. I take that back.

by Anonymousreply 66January 23, 2022 2:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!