Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Housekeeping in Hotels these days

I just checked in for my room in Hawaii and was told Housekeeping is only available every four days. The room is almost $800 a night. I realize it's a fucking pandemic but I'm not in the room when housekeeping comes. If I wanted to make my own fucking bed and use the same towel every day I'd have rented an air-fucking-bnb.

a lot of companies seem to be using Covid as an excuse to cut corners.

by Anonymousreply 153January 23, 2022 5:46 PM

OP-For $800 a night that's inexcusable. You're not staying at a Days Inn.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 4:19 PM

This is a total excuses. This is why companies are making a fortune right now. The see their customers as the enemy.

What ever happened to the days of Bill Marriott? He would personally inspect every Marriot. He would check right in at anytime with no warning. He would fire a whole hotel if they didn’t treat their customers with the upmost respect. And he would not tolerate mistreatment of his hardworking and loyal employees in any fashion. He was a pioneer of the employee discount program and encourage his employees to stick around for their entire careers with promotions and benefits. And he made a fortune doing so. I will do a thread about him separately but wanted to contribute here.

It was a beautiful company until it was sold off for parts.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 4:19 PM

I wouldn't put up with that.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 4:20 PM

"upmost respect"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 4:22 PM

That’s almost criminal, OP. I would change hotels or turn into the biggest bitching Karen on earth.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 4:24 PM

Does the oh dear troll ever contribute anything or do they just tear everybody down?

If you think anyone is amused with this in the last 15 years you’re wrong. The oh dear thing has been burned out and dried up for at least as long.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 4:26 PM

Yes, I would change hotels. Few, if any hotels are charging cancellation fees these days so I would leave now, or check out on Day 4. I also wouldn't intentionally leave a huge mess for the housekeeping staff to deal with but I certainly wouldn't tidy up before leaving.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 4:28 PM

The rolls are not that clean to begin with anymore. I’m seeing mold in showers, hairs all over the place, trash in the parking lot, all the lobby trash cans are full and overflowing, cigarette buts overflowing everywhere.

And this is at “5 star” hotels.

They are disgusting now. The clerks are like 14 and have no idea what they are doing. Where do they find these hotel employees now? It’s ridiculous. Beyond incompetent.

And the new thing is to not have a manager on site. That’s right. No manager on site. Off site only.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 4:28 PM

I would also burn them on Trip Advisor.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 4:29 PM

*rooms not rolls

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 4:29 PM

I wouldn't either, R3. If the hotel is short-staffed, I could understand offering reduced services, but daily, and at a reduced cost with advance notice to guests.

When a lot of money is involved, guests should have spotlessly clean and stocked rooms on check-in. I don't need or want housekeeping to vacuum behind the pictures and change the sheets and spent an hour in the room every day, but FFS, a properly made bed, replaced towels, a quick vacuum of the floor, empty the wastebaskets, restock the water etc, and give a reasoanble clean to the bathroom and general tidying up -- it shouldn't take 15 or 20 minutes and for hundreds of dollars a day, how they they dare not?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 4:31 PM

That's bananas OP.

Most hotels are offering you the option of "housekeeping on demand" - e.g., you tell them each day if you want housekeeping that day. But the default is no housekeeping.

But for $800/night I would expect more.

Are you sure you can't ask for daily housekeeping?

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 4:31 PM

^^And I've seen that in both five star hotels and at a Hampton Inn

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Covid did them in

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 4:32 PM

This is what you get when you let accountants run your business. It’s happening everywhere.

Business should be run by people managers, not accountants. It turns out there is more than the bottom line afterall.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 4:33 PM

All the hospitals are now run by accountants. This is why we’re are in the current predicament.

Business is about people. Not numbers. The millionaires of yesteryear knew that. And left great fortunes to charity.

Today’s billionaires don’t get that. It’s time for a change.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 4:35 PM

I would make a stink OP. Don’t go quietly. That’s almost 1000 dollars a night and should come with a private butler.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 4:35 PM

Pretty soon these greedy mother fucking hotel operators will be supplying you with your own maid's cart at check in, complete with sheets, towels, cleaning supplies and a vacuum cleaner, so you can DIY upon walking into your room.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Taking the family to Disney World the week after next, and I am embarrassed to say how much even a moderate room is costing.

In the last email update, I was told there will be LIGHT housekeeping every other day which does not include making beds or changing sheets. Sheets will only be changed if trips are longer than nine days. Really terrible. And again...it's embarrassing how much I am paying for the hotel, even during a slow time.

The last time I stayed in a hotel (Las Vegas six months or so ago,) I was given the option of forgoing housekeeping during my trip in exchange for a $30 food credit. I took housekeeping because part of the joy of a vacation is coming home to a clean room and a freshly made bed. Disney is offering no compensation for the reduction in service. In fact, prices are higher since my last trip there. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 4:36 PM

The hotel is probably making more money than anytime in history.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Every industry is in on this scam. Cars, hotels, airlines. It’s worse now than it ever was during the last 2 years. $800 a night to live in squalor? No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 4:41 PM

This is happening everywhere. You may not be aware of the global pandemic, risk of illness to lowly paid workers already at higher risk (poor mostly black and brown people), and the trend for lowly paid workers to jump ship and find better.

You can make your own fucking bed.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 4:41 PM

Hmm... I'm sorry but isn't there a huge Omicron surge going on right now? Why don't you stay home and avoid furthering the problem?

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 4:46 PM

If I was spending $800 a night on a hotel room, I probably wouldn't be spending my time in the aforementioned hotel room bitching on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2022 4:48 PM

Excellent point R24

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Dear OP:

Your potty-mouth is not going to get your filthy bathroom cleaned.

P.S. - Don't forget to tip!

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2022 4:51 PM

Stupid point. Useless comment.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 4:51 PM

R19 is spot-on. “Light housekeeping” (or its cousin “light-touch housekeeping”) is a sad attempt by hotels to get credit for doing next to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2022 4:55 PM

R6- We have to feel sorry for the OH DEAR troll. He's 77 years old sitting at home in his Caftan with his six cats in his La Z Boy chair eating bon bons while typing his oh dear responses here on dl. He doesn't get out much and the last time some guy flirted with him Jimmy Carter was president.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2022 4:58 PM

But OP is perpetuating the broken system by giving them his money and encouraging them to continue underpaying the help and fleecing the customers.

They are short-handed because they don't pay their staff a competitive wage. They can afford to, but they choose not to. Why hire maids when the customers will keep coming back no matter what?

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2022 5:02 PM

R16, Spot on. One might think that Bezos, Musk, Z, Dell, et al. might want their own Rockefeller Center, Guggenheim Museum, Carnegie-Mellon University, etc.

I would want a hospital, or at least a wing of one, funded in my name.

But rockets, homes, and yachts seem their thing.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2022 5:02 PM

At $800 a night, if they only have that room occupied 50% of the time they are making $145,600 off that room per year.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2022 5:06 PM

R30 has a point.

This so what the fast food industry has learned. You can have one employee working and a line that goes up the street for a half a mile and people will sit there and wait and wait for an hour and pay $15 dollars for a value meal of under/overcooked slop and do it again the next day.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2022 5:09 PM

The money these companies are making in the pandemic is unreal. And they pay no taxes. How is this possible in this country? I feel like this is a different country now. Somewhere foreign where nothing is fair or honest or just, not even the notion exists anymore.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2022 5:10 PM

what bullshit. blackmail them, OP

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote] Does the oh dear troll ever contribute anything

There are dozens of “oh dear” trolls on this site, not just one. Yes, they do contribute to threads with all kinds of information and opinions. But when you fuck up…oh dear.

Oh dear trolls even “oh dear” themselves.

They teach proper spelling and grammar. There’s nothing worse than someone pompously giving their opinion for 3 paragraphs, then summing up with, “Anyways…..”

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2022 5:16 PM

Economic Fairness is what Joe and the Funt should run on in 2022 and 2024.

Never mind the bullshit about filibuster reform or reinstating a dead Voting Rights Act. Make the election about economic fairness FOR ALL. Talk about the jobs being sucked out, the abuses at work, the abuses at tax time, and the crippling inequalities in our nation.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2022 5:16 PM

The squad has been behind all the failed I noticed that have left Joe to seem like he’s not able to get things across the finish line.

The squad is behind a lot of this hijinx and would like to see them sidelined as a result. They are not helping democrats in anyway. In fact, they seem to be exclusively helping republicans with their talking points and narratives.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 5:19 PM

R38 Pour yourself some more lunch, Gladys. You're drunk off your ass again.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2022 5:20 PM

Misses R6 and R29 are clearly in need of better-fitting panties.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2022 5:29 PM

OP are you in a real hotel? Be brave, Name names, Where are you, what is name of hotel?

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2022 5:31 PM

Yes name and shame!

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2022 5:38 PM

[quote] They teach proper spelling and grammar.

Sometimes.

More often than not, they are pointing out obvious typos.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote]This so what the fast food industry has learned. You can have one employee working and a line that goes up the street for a half a mile and people will sit there and wait and wait for an hour and pay $15 dollars for a value meal of under/overcooked slop and do it again the next day.

Vegas figured this out years ago. Once people are there and see a mile-long checkin line because the desk is understaffed, what are they going to do about it? Go back to the airport? Nope, get in line.

People are stupid enough to spend $400 on "bottle service" for a $20 bottle of Gray Goose? Sure, we can do that.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2022 7:34 PM

I was in Vegas in November. Some things, like restaurant hours were reduced, but the rooms were cleaned every day.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2022 8:05 PM

Op is Elderlez, all worried about Covid, and going to DW.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2022 8:13 PM

At our hotel, you have to request housekeeping service the day before. It's stated in the "welcome letter" in the guest room, however we've had staffing issues, so it's a very challenging time.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2022 8:14 PM

Almost every hotel I have stayed in has reduced housekeeping and mostly eliminated room service. I’ve stayed at a Ritz, a Disney World deluxe resort, a few Ws and other four stars and above. All the same thing. It’s becoming strangely normalized, putting more money in the company pockets.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2022 8:19 PM

“staffing issues” Is when hotels charge 2022 prices but only want to pay 1960s wages

Either lower the prices or raise the wages.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2022 8:19 PM

R43 = Gay Guevara

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2022 8:22 PM

R49, that is

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2022 8:22 PM

"a lot of companies seem to be using Covid as an excuse to cut corners."

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2022 8:27 PM

It’s a scam. Rates probably went up too

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2022 8:30 PM

Anyone stupid enough to pay $800 per night for a hotel room should be ashamed of himself in the first place. I'm so sorry your personal servant isn't available to fluff up your entire life. Maybe you should just pay some pool boy type to sleep on the floor and be at your beck and call for the duration of your stay.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2022 8:31 PM

R34's post has the ghost of Ronald Reagan in a tizzy.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]Sheets will only be changed if trips are longer than nine days. Really terrible.

Do you change your sheets every day at home? You're the only one sleeping in your bed so why waste the time, effort, water, soap, electricity, and on and on to wash your sheets every single day? The light housekeeping is taking out the trash, refilling things, and straightening. That's about all that's necessary while the same person is in the room. The full service is between guests which, honestly, is where I want them to put their efforts anyway, especially if they are currently limited in staffing.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2022 8:42 PM

You make up a lot of stupid stories, OP. You're not in Hawaii, dear.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Anyone want to wager that it's OP's employer paying for this? Classist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2022 8:44 PM

Post the policy here, OP. I'm curious. It must be on their website?

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2022 8:44 PM

R7 even though this particular OP made up his 20th stupid thread today, if this post were true, it's not the housekeeping crew's fault.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2022 8:48 PM

Remember, the purpose of America is to make rich people richer.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Nobody said it was the housekeepers fault. Red herring much?

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2022 10:15 PM

R62 Read R7. One of you is mentally deficient.

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2022 10:17 PM

I used to be amenable to changing sheets every three or four days because it represented less water usage, less detergent, and less drudgery for laundry staff. Even at a Ritz or St. Regis I wouldn’t be bothered by it. But you definitely get the sense that hotels — all businesses — are providing fewer services while claiming that prices have to remain the same to stay afloat.

I am hardly a Kevin (too many years spent in the restaurant/hotel grind) but at $800 a night I wouldn’t let a letter dictate my stay. Instruct the desk about your expectations; if they cannot accommodate you then make your decision about staying. It’s funny. If I were to spend that kind of money (and I have) I couldn’t articulate what I expected exactly, but I’d know when something was off.

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2022 10:29 PM

For $800 a night I expect full service. I don’t care about Covid, at those rates the hotel can find staff who are qualified and paid accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2022 10:31 PM

800 bucks a night they ought to be rawdogging your old ass and giving you a reach around.

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2022 10:34 PM

Recent hotel experience: stack of clean towels off the elevator area, tea/coffee k cups supply and soap. But certainly did NOT pay $800 a night. I’d sleep in my car before I’d fork over that.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2022 10:42 PM

[quote]They teach proper spelling and grammar.

Actually, they don't. They just write "Oh, dear."

If they wish to teach proper spelling and grammar, they can get a job doing so. There are schools all over the world. This is not one of them. Outside of the classroom, it's rude to correct the spelling and grammar of others. The "Oh, dear" trolls are not polite or supportive people.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 10:46 PM

Can the Marriott person please start a thread.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2022 10:51 PM

Sí, sí, OP.

I come by. But just for joo.

No disco ball, verdad?

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2022 11:24 PM

Unfettered corporate greed. Gouging, exploiting, and manipulating during a global crisis. The executives of these parasitic corporations need to be executed.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] OP-For $800 a night that's inexcusable. You're not staying at a Days Inn.

$800 a night??!!!!! For $800 a night I'd need to be transferred to and from my room in a palanquin carried by shirtless, oiled, muscular studs who look like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2022 1:02 AM

The worst are the grab and go breakfasts.

I stayed at a nice hotel last week. Instead of the breakfast on the hotel website, every day it was a box with a blueberry muffin, an apple and a cheap granola bar.

There was a Le Pain Quotidien next door thank God.

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote]Pretty soon these greedy mother fucking hotel operators will be supplying you with your own maid's cart at check in, complete with sheets, towels, cleaning supplies and a vacuum cleaner, so you can DIY upon walking into your room.

R18 is right. Once a corporation has trained the public to accept less for the same or higher price, they'll never go back. It's often framed in altruistic terms at the beginning but eventually becomes transparent corporate greed. 10 years ago, asking a guest in a high-end hotel to go a day without housekeeping would have been unthinkable, but corporations have been gradually lowering our standards.

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2022 1:50 AM

I completely agree with you, OP. It’s like when hotels embraced greenwashing about 15 years ago as an excuse for not doing certain services…”oh they’re so eco conscious,” not washing the disgusting bedspreads—ever, etc.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2022 1:54 AM

God almighty you are a horrible, entitled, snobby human being OP.

There's no housekeeping because there's no staff to clean up your filthy room.

I've worked in hotels all my life. Right now all my hours have been cut, and I work for a major luxury hotel in a big American city. I'm furious and terrified that I can't pay my bills. I've also gotten covid from the idiot guests like YOU WHO SHOULD NOT EVEN BE TRAVELLING.

Did you ever stop to think there's no staff to clean your room because most of the housekeepers are working double duty and risking their lives to breach the threshold and go into your disease infested room? And I bet a high percentage of staff have become sick from Covid because of idiots like you. You think housekeepers, who have the worst job in the industry, should risk their health to go into your room daily?

And let me tell you something, guests are nastier and more unforgiving and more demanding than ever during Covid. You have no compassion. You have no empathy. You only care about your fucking trip to Hawaii, if this is a true story, which you should NOT even be doing.

I'm glad you're out $800 a night. You're a stupid fuck and deserve to be price gouged.

Also, you're lying because hotels all over the world are dirt cheap right now after the holidays and during this Pandemic.

It's amazing the sheer snobbery and entitlement of people like you.

You're truly vile.

And they're HOUSEKEEPERS. Not Maids. HOUSEKEEPERS.

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2022 2:00 AM

Most hotels (including those that are high end) have imposed similar policies since the onset of the pandemic. I don’t like it either (I love coming home to freshly-made bed), however, we are still in the midst of a catastrophic pandemic. Hotel housekeeping is a “front line” job with its own risks and few benefits. Don’t take it out on the housekeeping staff: they are working as hard as ever. If it bothers you that much, find a hotel with a different policy. (I stayed at an Omni last summer that still offered daily maid service). Or better yet, stay home and stay safe until Omicron is a distant memory).

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2022 2:04 AM

R76, if the hotel is having staffing issues and is unable to provide the service the guest has paid for, they should decrease the price. Period. The pandemic is a convenient excuse for this kind of shit, but it's really about opportunistic corporate greed.

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2022 2:10 AM

[quote] daily maid service

HOUSEKEEPING.

Not maid.

HOUSEKEEPING.

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2022 2:10 AM

R68: "The "Oh, dear" trolls are not polite or supportive people."

Bish, you is LOST!

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2022 2:36 AM

We baked you a pie OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2022 2:57 AM

Poor OP! How dare something as inconsiderate as a pandemic force you to enjoy anything less than the style to which you've become accustomed! Those greedy hotel magnates have ganged together to spoil your fun and compromise your inviolable standards!! You are a tragic victim!!!!

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2022 3:15 AM

U got ripped off...especially at the train hotel in kona

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2022 3:18 AM

R82 = 520 FICO score

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2022 3:32 AM

It's actually 761, R84. I just choose not to travel in the middle of a pandemic. And much of Hawaii is almost as tacky as Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2022 3:41 AM

I don’t understand the point r76 is making. You’re complaining about cut hours (due to lower demand), but you also want customers to stay home? Which one is it, you can’t have both.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2022 4:12 AM

Marriott Mary here.

Not sure my knowledge warrants it’s own thread but what else do you want to know?

(It’s related to this thread. I’m sure OP is fast asleep on his luxury sheets at the moment and wouldn’t mind if I borrowed the thread to offer a few more interesting points.)

Marriott started out as a A &W root beer stand and then a restaurant and then became a hotel.

They pioneered a lot of the modern hotel industry. They were big on training and invested a lot in their employees and managers. Employees were given a lot of training support. Manager trainees were sent off to exotic hotels for weeks of training.

The perks were incredible. They would often swap discounts with flight attendants and could travel basically for nothing. They could live like their customers.

It was not all roses though as no company is. It was ran like the military from the CEO down to the bus boys. Everybody had a strict org chart and every department and job followed a strict hierarchy. The uniforms and appearance were everything, nothing could be out of place. Everything had to be exactly perfect from the restaurant to the rooms, everything down to the toilet paper folds positions.

But anybody could move up the latter, regardless of education if you did your time. I’m sure there were limits like in any company, but many many people made it far up the ladder that started at the bottom. You could easily support a family and then some if ou put in the time.

A close friend’s mom worked for them for 30 years so I’ve heard all about everything over the years. She retired a while back but things we’re already going downhill.

by Anonymousreply 87January 15, 2022 5:01 AM

R87 I totally agree and every industry is pulling bullshit like this.

This is why so-called Karen’s exist, btw. People are fucking fed up.

by Anonymousreply 88January 15, 2022 5:06 AM

Hysterical R76 seems to want OP send $800 a day to NOT stay at the hotel so that the money paid for a service could be paid to staff to not work.

Everyone should stay at home for the duration, however many years that is. Hotels? Oh, no. Restaurants? Heavens no! Grocery stores? Stay the fuck home and order online you vile entitled bitch! Delivery people. Umm, haven't thought that one through yet... Just remember to keep sending money so that those businesses can pay their staffs for not working for two, three or so years.

Hotels are trying to charge as usual or higher when they have significantly reduced staff and level of services. That's the problem much more than the "vile entitlement" you describe.

by Anonymousreply 89January 15, 2022 7:25 AM

[quote] I've worked in hotels all my life. Right now all my hours have been cut…. I'm furious and terrified that I can't pay my bills.

[quote]I've also gotten covid from the idiot guests like YOU WHO SHOULD NOT EVEN BE TRAVELLING.

🤪

by Anonymousreply 90January 15, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote] Not sure my knowledge warrants it’s own thread

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 91January 15, 2022 12:41 PM

Yet I laugh every single time, R6

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2022 2:32 PM

What's "housekeeping"?

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2022 3:35 PM

The same thing as hutkeeping.

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]Yet I laugh every single time, [R6]

Could you explain what makes you laugh when a poster quotes an example of a spelling or grammar mistake, and replies , "Oh, dear!" ?

by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2022 6:46 PM

Who has a hut?

by Anonymousreply 96January 16, 2022 12:16 AM

I think what R76 was trying to say was that the hardest hit by the pandemic are those at the bottom (as usual). If you can pay $800 a night for a hotel, that's not you and the point is to think about those who are risking illness and worse, bringing it home to multigenerational households, and treat them with respect.

by Anonymousreply 97January 16, 2022 12:21 AM

How many of you Trash Cunts can't properly pronounce "Marriott" to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 98January 16, 2022 7:47 PM

I don’t know if I am or not. What’s the correct pronunciation?

by Anonymousreply 99January 16, 2022 7:49 PM

R2 Marriott was NEVER sold "off for parts". In fact Marriott acquired several hotel brands: Courtyard, Residence Inn, Renaissance, Starwood etc.

Their current portfolio boasts 30 brands.

by Anonymousreply 100January 16, 2022 9:42 PM

I don't believe OP. She posted the original scenario but hasn't shown her face in this thread since.

by Anonymousreply 101January 16, 2022 9:53 PM

They should have charged you even more ..just for the vulgar language you use. (Vulgarity indicates a very limited vocabulary.)

by Anonymousreply 102January 16, 2022 10:08 PM

R99 It's supposed to be "Merry-It." But most people pronounce it "Marry-Ott."

by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2022 1:36 AM

Marriott used to own and operate many of their own physical properties but they sold them off. It’s a brand management company now.

by Anonymousreply 104January 17, 2022 1:44 AM

Every acquaintance I have who works in hospitality tells me the same thing--they are terribly understaffed. Your room isn't being cleaned every day because they likely don't have the staff to do so. You aren't entitled to anything.

by Anonymousreply 105January 17, 2022 2:02 AM

R105 well then they’re not “entitled” to their full asking price until staffing issues are resolved, it’s very simple. Otherwise it’s just using the pandemic as an excuse to screw people.

by Anonymousreply 106January 17, 2022 2:18 AM

If they would raise the pay there would be a line out the door for more staff

But instead they exploit customers tendency to not want to rock the boat.

by Anonymousreply 107January 17, 2022 2:28 AM

And when they do complain, the owner could care less. You’re not yelling at the owner, who makes more money with less employees. It’s the manager or front desk agent who takes the brunt. The employee vs customers serves the owner very well.

They are loving this “labor shortage”, you should at least face that fact.

by Anonymousreply 108January 17, 2022 2:30 AM

"We’ll give you a $40-a-day credit off the $800 room rate for each day housekeeping services are not provided. By the way, please note that an $80-a-day resort fee, $25-a-day parking fee, and $50-a-day administrative fee will apply to your account—and, of course, applicable taxes and city fees. Have a lovely stay with us."

by Anonymousreply 109January 17, 2022 2:36 AM

R109 Don't forget the "sustainability fee" they charge you. They Go Green by not washing your sheets, and somehow it makes its way onto your bill as yet another fee.

Most of these fees are exempt from state regulatory oversight or limits, of course, so they go nuts with them. It's free money.

by Anonymousreply 110January 17, 2022 2:50 AM

You're a whore, OP. They are fucking your ass for 800 bucks a day.

by Anonymousreply 111January 17, 2022 3:01 AM

Oh wait. I guess that's poor logic. You're paying them 800 bucks a day to get fucked in the ass, and they aren't even giving you a reach around.

by Anonymousreply 112January 17, 2022 3:02 AM

I have experienced this myself and it pisses me off. The default is always no housekeeping. I stayed at a high-end resort in Florida in November and at check-in I was told they would not service room each day unless that is something I would like. I informed them yes, I’d like my room serviced daily (especially as I wouldn’t even be there during the day). And nope, they never came. On day three I called the front desk and informed them they had not fulfilled my wishes and the STILL never came. At some point we need to get Ralph Nader on these people so they at least disclose their practices at the time of booking.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2022 4:15 AM

Yes Ralph Nader is concerned about $800 a night rooms not be serviced every day.

by Anonymousreply 114January 17, 2022 4:28 AM

“ And when they do complain, the owner could care less.”

Oh, DEAR!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 115January 17, 2022 4:31 AM

As a test I went to a hotel and jizzed violently all over the bedsheet.

One week later I went back to the sane hotel and specifically requested room 313, the same room I had been in before. I was told the room was being serviced and held for another guest but I insisted on getting the same room, and prevailed.

When I got to the room the maid was still in there, but she rushed out soon after I came in. Once she left I turned the bedcover over and looked at the bedsheet. There my cumstain was!

Even worse, going down the center of the cumstain was the mark of a tongue. Someone had licked my dried cumstain! I felt so cheap, so violated.

by Anonymousreply 116January 17, 2022 4:39 AM

I was under the impression that most housekeeping employees really worked for tips, like waiters.

by Anonymousreply 117January 17, 2022 4:39 AM

R117 You're supposed to tip waiters?

by Anonymousreply 118January 17, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]On day three I called the front desk and informed them they had not fulfilled my wishes...

Any adult who writes this should be ashamed of themselves. Did you stamp your little feet and threaten to hold your breath, too?

by Anonymousreply 119January 17, 2022 4:49 AM

The sheets and towels don’t bother me so much as now having to call down for something that would normally be replaced, like coffee, bottled water, or toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 120January 17, 2022 5:18 AM

R103 I've never heard anyone pronounce it "Marry-Ott".

by Anonymousreply 121January 17, 2022 6:51 AM

exactly, this is what companies are doing. There is high unemployment too. Hey, companies PAY PEOPLE A LIVING WAGE with excellent benefits already.

by Anonymousreply 122January 17, 2022 7:21 AM

[quote]It’s becoming strangely normalized, putting more money in the company pockets.

Well its really not surprising considering the labor market over the last two years, and even prior to the pandemic they were likely plotting. Im sure daily service will be just a fond memory in a year or two. They have totally found a solution to the labor shortage, and at the same time have found a new service to commodify.

by Anonymousreply 123January 17, 2022 7:25 AM

We are a luxury hotel. Caveat: everyone on the island despises us, so no staff.

by Anonymousreply 124January 17, 2022 7:27 AM

[quote]I've never heard anyone pronounce it "Marry-Ott".

And I've never heard anyone pronounce Marriott as "Merry-it.". It must be some Mormon nonsense, aimed at the Hyacinth Bucket market of non-intuitive preferred pronunciations.

by Anonymousreply 125January 17, 2022 8:09 AM

[quote] housekeeping. I stayed at a high-end resort in Florida in November

You lie.

There ARE no high end resorts in Florida!

Florida?

by Anonymousreply 126January 17, 2022 1:03 PM

[quote] Did you stamp your little feet

First Class Air Mail I assume?

by Anonymousreply 127January 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Burn them on Twitter and tag their handle.

by Anonymousreply 128January 17, 2022 1:08 PM

For $800 a night I would have expected my own private twinky bell boy…

by Anonymousreply 129January 17, 2022 1:16 PM

Stay in a motel 6 and use the other $750 to go on a shopping spree.

by Anonymousreply 130January 17, 2022 1:36 PM

R127, 'oh, dear' yourself. Toddlers ineffectually 'stamp their wittle feet'. Common phraseology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 17, 2022 2:04 PM

Shit in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 132January 17, 2022 2:07 PM

R125. Used to go to the one near me a lot (in suburban Mass.) - everyone pronounced it "marry-it" or probably more accurately, marry-ut. Everyone I ever knew, anyway. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 133January 17, 2022 7:36 PM

If you don't think service and comfort has diminished over time, look at how airlines now cram you in like a sardine and give you tiny bags of snacks and a tiny can of coke as your meal.

by Anonymousreply 134January 17, 2022 8:43 PM

*have diminished

by Anonymousreply 135January 17, 2022 8:43 PM

[quote] Common phraseology.

We are far from common here. We rely solely on the Queen’s English and the Oxford English Dictionary.

The oh, dear stands.

by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2022 8:48 PM

Beware of scabies!

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2022 8:52 PM

I work part-time for a Hilton 4 star level hotel in Florida in a front desk role. SInce last year we have been instructed to tell guests that housekeeping services are "by request only". Of course, it's all about the hotel owner trying to save money under the guise of "COVID safety for our guests by limiting human contact" which is bullcrap since he's still trying to hire housekeeping staff at $9-10/hr. and then says that he "can't find help". Duh, of course not. who wants his job when someone can get $12-15/hr. at the fast food restaurants and grocery stores just down the street. And of course, we continue to charge full price for our rooms, which run $200=$300/night.

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2022 9:14 PM

That's why I would always bring my Rosario when staying at hotels. 😭

by Anonymousreply 139January 20, 2022 11:57 PM

This also is why Airbnbs became so popular.

by Anonymousreply 140January 21, 2022 12:06 AM

R140 except everyone I know who has done air bnbs lately has been bait and switch scammed.

And for some of the crazies posting on here I think they forget we live in a capitalist society and are supposed to get what we pay for.

If they aren’t properly staffed then lower the price.

by Anonymousreply 141January 21, 2022 12:29 AM

R141, the price is whatever people will pay. As shown above, some morons will continue to pay $800 for a hotel room for no fucking reason at all. The fact that anyone ever pays $800 for somewhere to fucking sleep for a few hours shows that idiots and their money are soon parted.

by Anonymousreply 142January 21, 2022 5:16 AM

R142 well as you know it’s not just “to sleep for a few hours” but for a luxury experience. But if they’re not living up to what their brand is ostensibly all about then they need to compensate accordingly. Either that or we just revolt.

But all these industries are now in a business or continually working to lower our expectations. Social media for all the flack it gets is actually the perfect tool to push back at all this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 143January 21, 2022 5:27 AM

Power to the people, Miss R143!

by Anonymousreply 144January 21, 2022 6:33 AM

The "people", R144, cannot afford $800 a night hotel rooms. Those are the establishment that the "people" rise up against. Well, everywhere except this shitty, corrupt cesspool of a former democracy.

by Anonymousreply 145January 21, 2022 6:37 AM

OP sounds like a tired, entitled and insufferable CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 146January 21, 2022 7:27 AM

[quote]some morons will continue to pay $800 for a hotel room for no fucking reason at all. The fact that anyone ever pays $800 for somewhere to fucking sleep for a few hours shows that idiots and their money are soon parted.

They have their reasons, just as you have yours for condemning them for the those reasons. As for the purpose of a hotel, you could extend your logic and say that all food ends up in a toilet, so why bother with anything fancy?

No money spends as easily as money as someone else's. But no doubt all of your spending is beyond question.

by Anonymousreply 147January 21, 2022 9:17 AM

R147 Looks like someone hit a nerve.

by Anonymousreply 148January 21, 2022 6:27 PM

My solution to this problem is to make a cup of coffee in the nespresso machine in the room and carefully “have an accident” in the bed by spilling it.

Call down to the front desk and say I spilled while having breakfast in bed and that the bed will need to be changed.

by Anonymousreply 149January 23, 2022 4:21 PM

R149 for a week? They don’t notice?

by Anonymousreply 150January 23, 2022 4:27 PM

He’s very clumsy, r150.

by Anonymousreply 151January 23, 2022 5:11 PM

We stayed at a 5 star resort in New Mexico in December. Same thing but every 3rd night. Understand if it’s part of a staff shortage, but this started before the pandemic as a way for hotels to cut staff costs and screw over staff.

by Anonymousreply 152January 23, 2022 5:43 PM

What hotel in Hawaii is charging $800 a night? In Oahu, The Royal Hawaiian (A St Regis) brand is prob the most expensive and you'd have to be in a suite to pay that much

by Anonymousreply 153January 23, 2022 5:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!