Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do cats act so weird?

Informative or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2022 2:50 PM

Not gonna waste my time and give you clicks by watching your link. Provide a summary or GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 12:26 PM

So evolution OP?

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 9:29 PM

Because they're cats OP.

Special, unique and unabashedly weird creatures.

Which is why we love them.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 9:32 PM

My male cat was sleeping in the plastic kitchen trash receptacle this morning. I was tossing something in there and jumped when I saw two eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 10:35 PM

Because they’re transdimensional beings toying with us for their amusement

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 11:02 PM

My cat had 4 kittens in November. Long story short she was a stray I was helping keep warm during the winter. Anyway, the time is coming where they must be re-homed. I am caught off guard because I was not expecting them to be this tender, loving, super sweet family unit. I am wracked with so much guilt about breaking them up! If I had a larger home I would keep them. The mom is going to be so sad. MARY.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 11:21 PM

R6. Just wait a few more weeks. By then, then won’t know one another from Adam. And if someone else is willing to feed them, the same will be true if you.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 11:49 PM

R7 Thank you for reassuring that it gets easier! I’m just kind of fumbling my way through this.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2022 12:23 AM

They're going to pee allllll over your carpets.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Because they’re always secretly plotting their people’s deaths.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2022 4:38 AM

R9 I was so scared of that. I have never had a cat in my 40 years. I am actually astonished at their inherit intelligence and intuition. They immediately took to using a litter box once they became of age. They are rambunctious and have ruined my drapes but no issues with pee or poo. Thank god. Now, changing and keeping up on the litter is a fulltime disgusting job. Trying out ways to make it better, if thats even possible.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 1:08 PM

They have genetic brain neuromaps similar to Republicans. They really only care about meeting their own needs.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 1:10 PM

OP, with 4 kittens plus their mom, you need more than one litter box. That will make the job easier for you and them.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 1:11 PM

I have a formerly-stray mom and her five grown kittens. Luckily I've rented a small 2-story house for the past 13 years, so they have lots of space. They all love each other, and the mom knows they're her's- she's still the boss.

It forced me to become more stable and responsible. Next step is buying 'our' own home.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 3:14 PM

[quote] Why do cats act so weird?

Because they can.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 8:19 PM

Bobcat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2022 4:59 PM

R14 I kind of want to keep all of them too. Someone is coming to get one today. Its only 10 weeks old and I feel its too young to part with his family but I am up against two middle aged white housefraus who want it for a child's birthday. One is my sister in law who made my brother call me and strong arm me into it, leading us to have a big fight.

Make no mistake-whether they lean Liberal or Republican, hell hath no fury like a white housewife inconvenienced.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2022 8:41 AM

[quote] who want it for a child's birthday

Say fucking no, mate. Animals should never be birthday presents for kids, ffs. Tell the bitch to get her spawn some Lego bricks.

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote]hell hath no fury like a white housewife inconvenienced

Which is exactly why the bitch slap was invented.

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2022 10:33 AM

R19 I did. Over and over. My brother and I fought terribly over it. They are suburbanites who spoil their children and are probably not used to being inconvenienced. This will strain our relationship for awhile. He is such a special, loving little kitten. I hope it doesn’t affect him developmentally.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2022 10:34 AM

And yet you folded r20. Your use of the bitch slap is obviously defective.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2022 10:38 AM

SAY NO, ffs. Don't give a fuck about these tossers and their reaction. If they can't accept a "no" regarding a kitten, fuck them.

Pets are no toys for spoilt spawn.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2022 10:42 AM

My last cat was a rescue, and he was always angry and frightened. He would scratch and bite, and would shit and puke everywhere. I loved him very much. My current cat is Little Lord Fauntleroy in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2022 10:46 AM

Please post some pics.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2022 10:46 AM

I have a stray family I take care if as well. they have become very loyal and follow me everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2022 10:50 AM

I did fold. “They already made the vet appointment! You can’t flake out! You are so wishy washy!” when they are the ones who promised it for the birthday, not me. I’m upset over it. My brother and I have had this dynamic my whole life. He treats me a certain way because he has the house, the kids, the high paying job and I don’t have those things. We get along 99% of the time but he is terrible with words and adopts a confrontational tone quickly. I just hope the kitten will be okay. He is 10 weeks old and it is recommended they stay with their mother until *at least* 12 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2022 11:30 AM

R25 and yes, they now all love me. I was not expecting this to be so emotional!

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2022 11:31 AM

I'm instituting a moratorium on cat-related posts on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2022 12:17 PM

R26, please don't feel too bad about separating at 10 weeks. Being familiar with rescues, the moms can go into heat again when their kittens are about 6 weeks old. at that time, they ignore their kittens and most of the mom genes are taken over by the heat process. Not saying they all go back into heat at the same time, but by 10 weeks they are probably fully weaned and ready to leave. The problem will be orphan kitty syndrome. The kitten will probably be a terror without a sibling to knock some manners into him. Also, get momcat spayed ASAP and try to talk your sister into taking a sibling too.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2022 12:25 PM

I agree with R29. And it really is easier to have 2 pet kittens than 1, because they keep each other occupied so they don't bother the people 24 hours a day (literally) -- kittens have too much energy for people (even little kids) to handle. It sounds like OP's relatives can afford the supplies and vet bills for 2, so there's no reason to take only 1.

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2022 12:39 PM

OP's shitty relatives want a single cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute kitty serving as a baby doll for their spoilt rotten spawn, they very likely don't want another cat and if they're asked to get themselves another cat in order to rein the poor lonely kitten in, they probably don't care.

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2022 1:30 PM

OP's shitty relatives also recently tossed their Easter bunny purchase in a burlap sack and tossed it into a local river.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2022 1:57 PM

I love that guy's voice and watch all the videos he does voice over for

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2022 2:08 PM

R26 I hate that they are only taking one. The siblings are so close and energetic and I hate the thought of them being bored and confused and lonely. Im so mad about the whole thing. And yes! This bitch is in heat howling as I type! I can’t get her in to be spayed for another month. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2022 3:00 PM

You could have said no, OP. If you can't stand up to your brother and protect the kittens, I don't feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2022 3:02 PM

I am glad you say its not bad to separate them at 10 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2022 3:11 PM

My cat was separated at 10 weeks. It was the right length of time. He was fully fledged and independent, even house trained.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2022 4:27 PM

Kitten CAN be separated from their mother at 10 weeks. However, they should NEVER be separated only to be a single cat.

This poor kitty is destined to get psycho-damaged. And when (as soon as, that is) starts to act "weird", her shitty owners will take her to the animal shelter (or in a bag to some deep well) because they won't be able to cope with her "antics".

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2022 4:38 PM

Cats are the epitome of cool. They do them, you're not going to herd them or convince them otherwise. Cats walk to the beat of their own drummer. They don't need to love you but if they do, it's their choice and it's divine. A cat's purr and affection is truly a gift.

If you don't "get" cats you're not a cat person. Cats have been drawn to me since I was a child and strange cats still come up to me all the time on walks.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2022 4:42 PM

Have you checked your pockets for the stray chunk of tuna r39?

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2022 4:45 PM

LOL, R40 -- but I'm like R39. Cats love me. No idea why. Perhaps because I don't grab them by the pussy, wanting to stroke them against their will, but leave them alone if they don't want to get approached.

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2022 4:53 PM

R39 you actually can herd cats I take mine on walks and they all dutifully follow me.

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2022 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2022 9:37 PM

The cat in R43's pic looks like one of the aliens in Independence Day.

by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2022 9:42 PM

R24, L, my last cat Puddin. R, my current cat Torquil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2022 2:48 PM

Aw, shit, it wouldn’t post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2022 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!