Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Delayed or lost packages?

This might be the reason. Video from train tracks in LA where trains carrying packages are looted daily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2022 11:12 PM

I wonder if this could happen in China? The perps would be hunted down and 'erased'.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2022 3:22 AM

Fire the train crew.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2022 3:31 AM

We have a government that thinks stealing is cute and nothing to worry about

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2022 3:59 AM

R2 unless the train company is putting armed security on every other car I don't think blaming the few train crew is the answer

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2022 4:04 AM

r3 r4 It's technically a federal crime but even before the deterioration of CA such crimes were rarely investigated unless it involved the theft of U.S. property.

But of course, local is unlikely to resolve it (and politicians redirected the blame everywhere else but mainly on port authorities, yes, the shipping yard, not the trains, not the people stealing from the trains.)

and given the current attitudes towards individual complaints under petty theft...

most are out of luck. besides It's easier for the transport and corporations to accept a loss and make an insurance claim than wait on investigations...which that attitude provides some protections for buyers but eliminates their options for complaints as well.. harder time for small businesses, non profits and individual sellers not going through a corporation like amazon...

half tempted to pull the numerous articles, interviews and statements from the mostly peaceful and not at all fiery riots which justified attacking federal buildings, neighborhoods and looting from one and all -- but far right and far left tards are still fighting it out just not garnering as much msm attention and perhaps we're all the better for this infection of ostritch syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2022 4:32 AM

This might explain how I received a shipment from LA two weeks ago where someone had removed the merchandise. All I got was an empty bubble envelope. I was lucky that the seller believed me and made good on the order.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2022 5:03 AM

This is sobering news. Imagine. In the US of A. This is the kind of theft one might expect in third world countries or from Nigerian princes.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2022 10:14 AM

What goes around, comes around!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2022 10:17 AM

Trains have to slow down or stop at key areas along their route, and thieves learn which areas these are and take advantage of it. If you look at the videos further down in the thread, you'll see two thieves being chased off by police, and the thieves are both fat, the woman is a good 300 lbs, so those trains must fully stop at some point, because she could not have run fast enough to hop onto one.

The only solution to that is to change the locations where trains stop and secure those locations, but I don't know if the logistics would even allow that.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2022 10:23 AM

Wow, complete shit hole

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2022 10:45 AM

It would be fun if the train cars could give an electric shock when touched, until the conductor turned it off at the end of the trip.

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2022 10:47 AM

It's just equity in action. Progress isn't always pretty.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2022 10:51 AM

Where are the police. How can that many boxes be stolen without them doing some police work?

They are on strike and this so what you get.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2022 10:58 AM

Third world shit.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2022 11:00 AM

This is the work of unemployed Trump supporting zombie bandits. Wanna bet?

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2022 11:02 AM

This looks like Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2022 11:20 AM

R15, I very much doubt the thieves are political at all but if there were inclined to vote there is no reason to tie them to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2022 11:30 AM

The train company is liable for leaving all that out in the open. They just don’t want to spend the money to protect the goods.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2022 11:32 AM

This is equity.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2022 11:50 AM

As pointed out in the Twitter thread, under federal law, local cops don't have jurisdiction over railroad rights of way. It is the responsibility of the railroad that owns that track to police it. But the railroads made a corporate costcutting decision years ago to reduce their police forces and let losses from theft be handled by their insurors. This is the result.

This is almost certainly happening elsewhere in the US, not just California. If there's a location where the trains have slow way down or even idle as part of rail traffic flow, and it's in or near a city, and easy for thieves to access, they'll find it and steal from it, same as they're stealing electric wires between street lights in cities.

Rampant drug use is turning the US into a Third World nation. Addicts can't keep a job, so they turn to theft. Jobless addicts can't keep a home, so they live on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2022 12:24 PM

This is what happens when the police collect their paychecks but don’t do any police work.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2022 12:26 PM

This is reparations

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2022 12:48 PM

[quote]This is the work of unemployed Trump supporting zombie bandits. Wanna bet?

R15 Trump supporters? In LA? Get real. Look at those two waddling women. Doubt they've ever voted in their lives, not here, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2022 1:41 PM

R23 here. Apologies for the crass comment.

Want to add that posters upthread are 100% correct that an economy that doesn’t provide a decent living standard for the majority of its workers is a failing economy.

What's an economy for anyway, and for whom?

Still, it is demoralizing to law-abiders to see crime like this go ignored, and at the same time that wealthy financial law-breakers are also given a free pass. We don’t see the latter. It's the visible law-breaking, car window smashing, that makes it so evident that our civic culture is definitely unraveling—from top to bottom.

Bad times.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2022 1:49 PM

I just want my underwear and jockstrap shipment, which is NINE days late

Fuck you, fat waddling non voting BIPOC thieves

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2022 1:53 PM

It's the train workers fault if they're stopping their train in areas where it could be damaged, R4. The conductor and engineer are directly responsible for the train along its route.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2022 3:06 PM

Hire some private security and stop outsourcing the job to tax payer funded solutions.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote]Imagine. In the US of A. This is the kind of theft one might expect in third world countries or from Nigerian princes.

Oh honey, .....

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2022 10:28 PM

This reminds me of a scene from Atlas Shrugged. People start stealing cargo from trains as society begins to collapse.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2022 10:45 PM

R13 They’re too busy protecting the rich too care, stop pretending like their being stripped of any power, if anything conservatives are using this as an opportunity to make the police state more powerful.

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Like something out of Mad Max or India.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2022 5:37 PM

[quote]The only solution to that is to change the locations where trains stop and secure those locations, but I don't know if the logistics would even allow that.

Or you could hire men with guns to ride with the mail.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote]This is the work of unemployed Trump supporting zombie bandits. Wanna bet?

Oh my goodness. I didn't think there were people out there who were this ignorant and uninformed.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] I didn't think there were people out there who were this ignorant and uninformed.

You don't know many democrats, do you?

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2022 1:18 AM

The train companies need to hire police that carry stun guns and weighted night sticks. Split a few skulls and that shit would stop really quick.

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2022 2:04 AM

Capitalism amok in action.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2022 2:09 AM

Uh oh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2022 2:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2022 2:26 AM

Trump and his Republican mob are the biggest thieves and they are not in prison.

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2022 2:26 AM

R39, who are things in Wuhan?

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2022 12:38 PM

The blatant theft/robbery in Walgreens, CVS, Target and department stores...also happened in California, say whatever you want about Texas, but the crimes like these are never going to be tolerated in Texas, and R1 Why China? This is not really about one country vs. another country.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2022 11:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!