Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Tyler Moore Show Outro 1974 and 1976

This looks like something a DL Queen lovingly did for MTM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 4:47 PM

Freely admit to being obsessed with this show.

I think the second of the two outros (which was the final one) really is most appropriate for the tone of the later seasons of the show. It focused on gentle humor based on interplay between characters you’re very fond of, so that quiet, bittersweet music sums the show at this point.

To be honest though, my favorite outro was the ballsy, brassy first season ending, which was very quickly dumped —initially on the show there was more slapstick or at least broader humor, especially with Valerie Harper as the bold breakout. But even more so, the funniest part of the show was the interaction between sweet, kind Mary and cantankerous loudmouth Lou Grant, and that outro really speaks “Lou” loud and clear.

Couldn’t find it on YouTube confirming that I’m almost alone in loving that outro!

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 4:30 PM

Love this show—I've been watching episodes every night before bed. It soothes my pandemic anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 4:44 PM

To quote Allison Portchnik I love being reduced to a cultural stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 4:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!