Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fines For The Unvaccinated

Should the US do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 11:24 AM

“You’re not vaccinated? FINE”

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 6:46 AM

Great idea. But good luck getting that passed in any U.S. state… including blue ones.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 6:50 AM

Yes, half your net worth until you have no more.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 6:55 AM

I support fines but we cannot even get rich people to pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 10:29 AM

I don't support fines, but I do think the unvaccinated should pay higher insurance premiums.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 10:37 AM

What R5 said. Let insurance companies and private employers deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 10:39 AM

it would be more effective to push for legislation onto social workers & institutional structres (hospitals, schools, public services) in society, to red flag anti-vaxx involving caregivers, inclusive of able bodied children in small print somewhere.. to initiate an investigation and a series of welfare checks.

One could likely justify the same or even mandatory vaccination on ssdi, social security & public benefit recipients, etc -- and scream the popular line of privileges not rights.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 10:55 AM

No but we should have fines for stupidity OP. Pay yours first.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Shouldn't just be limited to covid vax. There are vast other areas of public health where we should impose additional taxes on people who disproportionately use health services because of poor choices.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 11:19 AM

Sometimes it's not that simple. I had an allergic reaction to a component of the vaccine years ago, and the reaction put me in the hospital for a lengthy stay. My doctor told me that a second reaction to the substance would be even worse and could kill me. I'd love to be able to get the vaccine, but disclosing that information makes the medical personnel back away from me as if I were rabid. Up to this point, where I live there is no form of the vaccine available that I am not allergic to.

The good news is that I seem to have an excellent immune system.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 11:22 AM

Yes. Also fines for unprotected sex, which spreads disease. Also, fines for drinking and drug taking.

Remember, your business is my business.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 11:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!