Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adulterers Live in Closets, so why aren't they ever outed, accused, labeled, targeted, harassed, trashed, exposed, etc?

I mean on a regular basis like gays. Seems socially acceptable to out and talk about someone being gay, and throw them under the bus. Why aren't adulterous mother fuckers outed the same way? They have a certain sexual lifestyle, they live in a closet, they sneak around, they lie and deceive their family and spouse, they pretend to be something they're not. Why aren't they ever held to the same standard as gays? Scripture is always quoted and thrown at gays, why not at Adulterous Mother Fuckers? If they are fucking around on the mother of their children, and bashing gays, why not do the same thing right back? Am I being too extreme to feel this way? Honest responses preferred.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 1:16 PM

the scarlet letter has been done to death, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2022 6:07 AM

Adulterers usually get what they deserve. Don't worry, honey.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2022 6:32 AM

Except, plenty of people who cheat get outed?

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2022 6:38 AM

Everyone is expected to cheat in a marriage. That's why i scoff at gays who want to get married.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2022 7:29 AM

Who gives a fuck about what straights do?

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2022 8:06 AM

If people bashed adulterers like some people bash gays, will it then become a new hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2022 8:45 AM

I wrote about it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Flawed argument, in that closeted gay men are pretty much never outed in the media.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2022 9:14 AM

Why do people stress out about adultery in this day and age? Can’t we move past it?

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2022 9:16 AM

I did my best, OP and guess what? I was the one they demonized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2022 9:19 AM

A few years back, a man was blatantly outed for his adultery, and the wife filed for divorce, it got really ugly, and a nasty child custody fight ensued. Eventually ended in murder-suicide, with the husband killing the wife and then himself, while the three young kids were at the grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2022 10:06 AM

I kind of get the idea you are reaching for OP, but let the adulterers hang themselves on their own time. I'm single and fucking my brains out, and I'm happy that way. But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2022 10:12 AM

Every person with a partner has a right to make a drama, or not, about adultery. Every couple is different, really.

People who help break up couples by being the invading paramour bug me as much as people in couples who take the huge risk to fall in love with a new person.

Its all very cowardly, in my book, though I know its perfectly human as well.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 10:13 AM

So much for family values. Sounds like a bloody horror show.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 10:15 AM

There are definitely men out there who marry knowing full well they are incapable of fidelity, but they marry anyway. I guess they enjoy using people, and putting on a facade of respectability. They're no better than the rest of us, they're just fake, a fake to themselves and to the trusting spouse. I'd rather be an honest fornicator than a lying cheater, and fuck freely with no guilt.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 10:29 AM

OP, there are websites for outing adulterers. Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2022 10:32 AM

Though shalt not commit adultery.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2022 11:19 AM

Someone has cheated on OP.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2022 11:26 AM

"Though shalt not commit adultery. "

Exactly. Ever notice there's no, "Though shalt not be fabulous"?

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2022 11:31 AM

I'd be fine with reinstating adultery as an at-fault ground for divorce -- and making the adulterer bear the financial burden of the divorce as well as generous alimony for a period of years.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2022 12:46 PM

If someone singled me out for being my gay self or who I was involved with, publicly or privately, and trouble followed, and the person who first instigated it was indeed cheating on his wife, I would justify outing him right back as an adulterer, sure. It's human nature to want to hurt someone right back who hurt you first. But the jerk's family may be in the middle of it all. Maybe adulterers should mind their own damn business too?

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2022 1:00 PM

OP is peculiarly wrong and one wonders how long she has been developing her manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2022 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!