Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gurls, REJOICE! ‘Eternals’ is now available on Disney+

And if you don’t have it you can always buy it on iTunes etc.

Yay! I loved this movie so much! I am so excited to watch it again. The critics got it wrong with this one! Plus we get to see Richard Madden, who gives such a beautiful performance!

Top 10 Marvel films, easily!

Here is the first 9 minutes of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 31, 2022 4:59 PM

Ugh

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2022 6:38 PM

Double Ugh

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2022 6:39 PM

I saw so many clips on Twitter once it was released on Disney+, and it looks terrible. People seem to watch it just because of pretty costumes.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2022 6:40 PM

It was just released on Disney+ hours ago….

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Production on this looks so cheap

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2022 6:43 PM

What? It is beautifully shot! Cheap?

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 6:47 PM

I cannot wait for the preoccupation with this genre of film to die a quiet, well-deserved death.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 6:47 PM

>2.5 hrs. of my life that I'm never getting back. Should have heeded advice of DL & RT

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 6:49 PM

I'm aware, r4. Go look on Twitter yourself if you don't think it's already flooded with clips, gifs and stills. Angelina Jolie was trending for hours earlier. I'm sure quite a bit of it is deliberately placed promotional stuff because of the release.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 6:58 PM

I loved this film.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 6:59 PM

Only DL posters with impeccable taste will go and watch this incredible film, which has some of the best actors of our generation. What a monumental success it’s been!

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 7:03 PM

Bitch, please. It's the worst Marvel movie since "The Incredible Hulk," and would've sucked ass even without ... her in it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 7:05 PM

It's weird that it cost 49 bajillion dollars and yet looks really cheap and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 7:10 PM

It wasn’t bad. It’s on my Top 5

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 7:10 PM

I am watching it for Richard Madden.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 7:27 PM

So it can be torrented now?

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 7:34 PM

I liked it. The length was needed to make the introduction of the main characters and give us an actual story. To me, it was quite enjoyable. And this one features an actual gay character who has a husband and a son.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote]And this one features an actual gay character who has a husband and a son.

And yet the movie's only sex scene involves two hetero characters, one of whom is played by Confirmed Scottish Homosexual Richard Madden.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 8:30 PM

Why would they need a gay sex scene? That’s gonna get them truly banned in many places.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 8:31 PM

R7 Yes but what is it going to be replaced with? I don’t see the Travis Scott generation embracing films that make you feel or think.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 8:32 PM

Richard never looked sexier

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 8:34 PM

Would Iky have let Sersi insert a fist?

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 8:35 PM

Someone please post a hot Richard pic from this movie (which I would never watch).

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 8:36 PM

Forget gay, actually, this has the first EVER sex scene in any Marvel property.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 8:40 PM

It looks like a BOWL of SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 8:42 PM

R19, it was banned in nearly every Muslim country – even the comparatively moderate likes of Morocco and the UAE – solely for having gay *characters*. Having a gay sex scene might've triggered American fundies a bit, but it wouldn't have resulted in it being banned anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 9:02 PM

The majority of its audience were males… that wouldn’t have gone well.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 9:03 PM

Can’t wait to go home and watch it again!

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 3:33 PM

[quote]The majority of its audience were males… that wouldn’t have gone well.

Oh, please. It's 2022. Marvel's target audience of Gen Zers are now VERY used to seeing queer characters on TV and in film. They don't reflexively "hate homos" like people did decades ago. Hell, DC has what's easily one of the queerest shows to ever air on network TV: "Batwoman," in which multiple lead characters are queer (as was its original lead, Ruby Rose, who was forced out because of that one stereotype that still remains consistently true: lesbian DRAMA).

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2022 6:20 PM

Gen Z is pretty homophobic baby. Stop listening to the media. Tons of shit still happens

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2022 6:33 PM

Love that Eternals is being watched so much now. Tons of videos all over tiktok of people watching it and giving their opinions etc.

If only they went to see it while it was in theaters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2022 8:47 PM

They’re loving Thena! Yes girlies! She’s a bad bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2022 8:57 PM

[quote]They’re loving Thena! Yes girlies! She’s a bad bitch.

You're either a straight paid shill or give eldergays a bad name.

Hint: gay men don't talk or write like this.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2022 9:00 PM

Gay men are not all the same boo. We are all individuals.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 9:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2022 12:39 AM

Kumail Nanjiani is no Shah Rukh Khan.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2022 4:06 PM

It was big, clunky and dull.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2022 4:11 PM

It was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2022 4:18 PM

Does OP work for Marvel or Disney? They seem a little overexcited but this.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2022 4:19 PM

Ikaris is the only one stronger than Thena besides Gilgamesh.

Richard Madden looks smoking hot in this movie. I loved Thena. She’s a fearless bad bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2022 4:20 PM

And Makkari is the best depiction of a speedster shown in these films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2022 4:21 PM

Ikaris is the strongest though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2022 4:22 PM

I watched it last night. The visuals and special effects are lovely, but that’s it. The lead is wooden and acts like she’s sleepwalking. I think it would have been better without Salma and Angelina, their famous presence among lesser known actors in the ensemble is jarring. Overall, an okay movie to watch at home.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2022 4:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2022 1:11 AM

Sooooo Boooorrrrriiiinnnngggg. Who thought hiring the director of a film about RV life for a sci-fi action movie was a good idea? Worst marvel movie yet.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2022 2:29 AM

R42 haven’t watched the film, but that fight scene looks really shit. CGI seems to be getting worse these days.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2022 9:22 AM

R47 it looks better on actual Disney Plus

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2022 9:24 AM

Why is the fat OP the moonfaced tard Ewwdwin calling people Gurls??

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2022 9:28 AM

Boring. Not even Madden’s hotness can save this movie. I couldn’t understand his accent though. Had to turn in close caption.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2022 9:58 AM

If only it were Ikaris and Kingo having naked sex on that beach instead of Ikaris and Sersi... that would've made the movie a perfect 10/10 in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2022 9:58 AM

Apparently lesbians are sexually attracted to Druig. The comments section is interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2022 6:46 AM

(R29) actually marvels biggest audience are adults 30-45. I still don’t think it matters in terms of seeing gay but people always think the audience is young it’s not. The core audience are full blown adults.

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2022 12:16 PM

You guys really think because SOME young people aren’t as homophobic means they wanna see two men fucking? Lmaoooooo

Most straight guys who aren’t homophobic still don’t wanna see that.

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2022 12:35 PM

[quote] Most straight guys who aren’t homophobic still don’t wanna see that.

But that's not really a valid argument, though. Does that mean Hollywood shouldn't have black people in mainstream movies, because Liberal minded white people don't find black actors in movies appealing, or men can't get into female action heroes like Lara Croft because women are not supposed to be total badasses making men feel like lazy, cowardly chumps?

There is a lot of prejudice out there to this day. In this modern age, profit oriented Hollywood still (ever so slightly) pushes the envelope to some extent when it comes to what the mainstream is ok with and what not.

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2022 12:44 PM

R55 seeing a black person wont make a racist walk out. Seeing two men fucking will make many people walk out. The people behind BoRhap knew what they were doing. I can assure you that film would have made Rocketman money if it had gay sex vs almost $1 billion dollars

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2022 12:46 PM

[quote] [R55] seeing a black person wont make a racist walk out.

Walking out means the racists didn't know it would happen vs. boycotting the movie because they don't approve.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2022 12:53 PM

There are plenty of things in movies people "don't" want to see, but they still enjoy the movie, because there are more things they do like than they don't like. Pros vs. cons. A gay themed making out scene isn't so offensive when there are plenty of straight themed making out scenes, for example.

This social media notion that a film is a total disaster when there are a few things wrong with it (= not catering to a certain demographic) is relatively new.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote] [R55] seeing a black person wont make a racist walk out

It will however produce daily threads here denouncing the entertainment industry and every black celeb.

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2022 1:43 PM

A gay sex scene and a black person existing aren’t the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2022 3:13 PM

Does Druig have cane face?

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote] A gay sex scene and a black person existing aren’t the same thing.

Bias is bias. It's about the complainers who are put off by being "exposed" to stuff they don't care about, declaring it ruins the entire movie for them because there are two guys kissing each other for, like, two seconds, or some outlandish woke interracial relationship.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote]Seeing two men fucking will make many people walk out.

What is the point of beating this drum? Does anyone actually think Marvel is going to put a gay sex scene in a movie? I think you misunderstood a joke somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2022 4:28 PM

A gay sex scene is beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2022 5:18 PM

To gays r64

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2022 6:06 PM

r65, different people like different things. DUH! It comes down to either side (gay or straight) to be ok with the other side getting some love from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2022 6:22 PM

Gay sex is taboo. Probably always will be

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2022 6:25 PM

It was boring.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2022 6:27 PM

I agree. For all the CGI action and great scenery it had the movie had a blandness to it. I think it's the characters. They were bland.

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote] I cannot wait for the preoccupation with this genre of film to die a quiet, well-deserved death.

Sadly it won’t. Millennials and Zs love them because they love to fantasize about being different from everyone else and a million times better because of amazing powers.

If you think Peter Panism is strong in millennials wait until you get a load of Gen z.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2022 6:45 PM

Angelina IS “Super Woman of a Certain Age” in Eternals! This fall on NBC.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2022 6:46 PM

Why do you keep replying over and over and different accounts?

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2022 6:48 PM

The plot was stupid and enough with the big guys behind the curtain routine. Loki sucked for the same reason. If you are going to invest big CGI cash onto a movie, give it a reason to exist in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2022 6:52 PM

The cast was fine, directing fine but the Firpo Bros should be nowhere near this property ever again. The recent comic run (not related to movies) is MUCH better storyline wise and if Marvel wants to continue with a sequel, get those guys on board to write it.

Dane Whitman had no business in this movie. You could cut him and the plot is not affected. I think he was shoehorned in because they wanted to introduce the Black Knight. He could have had a meaningful introduction in another Marvel property.

Someone please tell Barry Keoghan not to speak with marbles in his mouth and allow him to play Druig the way he’s always been portrayed.

Give Sersi some of her fun loving personality in the comics, they don’t have to completely reboot the character but let Gemma Chan have fun in the role.

Bring back Ikaris, Ajax, and Gilgamesh and follow some of their comic stories.

by Anonymousreply 74January 19, 2022 4:57 PM

Mekkari vs. Ikaris was the best scene in the movie. Angelina seemed Half asleep. And whoever designed the Eternal’s spaceship needs some antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 75January 19, 2022 5:04 PM

Eternals was always a rather boring comic book. Hard to get an exciting movie when the source material is so bland. Dazzling special effects only go so far if the story is not there.

by Anonymousreply 76January 19, 2022 5:40 PM

I'm a huge MCU fan. I was buying Marvel Comics as an 8 yo and read them for several years, probably until high school. Even their worst movie since Iron Man with RDJ wasn't terrible.

Eternals is in my bottom 3. I thought it was very dark (lighting wise) and slow. It looked more like one of those awful Justice League movies rather than Marvel. The posing, the music, the slow motion..ugh. Yeah, it was the director. The story was fine as were the actors. But I didn't care for it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2022 5:47 PM

I thought it did a decent job introducing all of these characters who were unknown to the viewers until then.

by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2022 5:51 PM

All marvel movies are garbage. I doubt this one can be worse.

by Anonymousreply 79January 19, 2022 6:37 PM

[quote] Iky

[bold]***CRINGE***[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 80January 19, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]The cast was fine, directing fine but the Firpo Bros should be nowhere near this property ever again

Four screenwriters is not a good sign. Especially when most of them are inexperienced.

This property would been much better served as a TV show. Not only because of the big cast of characters and all the backstory, but because it didn't fit the typical Marvel movie formula. The Deviants were just there so there could be a fight scene every 15 minutes. A less frenetic approach, with a more philosophical bent, could have been a lot more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 81January 19, 2022 7:04 PM

[quote]This property would been much better served as a TV show.

Didn't they already do that as a series called The InHumans?

by Anonymousreply 82January 19, 2022 7:30 PM

R82 that’s a different group.

This is an introduction film. Idk what r74 was expecting. He wants the big stories right away. This was literally setting them up. And I liked it. I don’t believe most DLers would watch this and hate it more than other Marvel films because it is done is a more slow, artsy way and isn’t a bunch of big fights and battles and explosions like other Marvel films. This had a more mature tone and I loved it.

This a much larger group than the GOTG and they wanted to make it feel different than that one.

Angelina Jolie was lovely in some scenes. She wanted the role to be a cameo only but they made her do more scenes.

by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2022 7:40 PM

It was terribly written. They’d say things like “I always wondered how the celestials could do…” whatever, but they only learned about the existence of the celestials like 3 days ago!! It was an all over the place mess.

by Anonymousreply 84January 19, 2022 7:52 PM

And the “uni-mind”?! That was just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 85January 19, 2022 7:53 PM

The uni-mind is right outta the comics. I do like seeing these movies embrace how wacky the comics can get, instead of straining to seem realistic and serious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 19, 2022 8:29 PM

It was terrible. Easily the worst Marvel film. You could have cut the cast in half and not lost much. Kumail's character was useless.

The only thing I liked was seeing Arishem at the end next to Earth and hoping Marvel brings Galactus to the screen soon.

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2022 9:24 PM

I dont know. I still think Thor 2 is the worst one.

by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2022 9:27 PM

This isn’t the worst one in a world where Thor 2, Age of Ultron (sorry, but it’s terrible) Black Widow and Captain Marvel exist.

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2022 9:28 PM

Just saw this, not impressed.

Gemma Chan is so ugly! She is tall, that's about it.

There isn't a sexy vibe or attractive vibe or warmth of any kind. no charisma.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2022 3:58 AM

Chan was gorgeous in Crazy, Rich Asians.

Did the Marvel producers beat her with an ugly stick?

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2022 6:34 AM

Is Gemma Chan the one who wanted to get out of her TV show contract so desperately that she cried when it got renewed?

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2022 7:06 AM

R92 no. Seriously, Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2022 11:25 AM

R91, watch the movie, she's so ugly in this and they have fancy lighting and everything...she is not attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2022 1:05 PM

r93, Fuck you,

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2022 4:57 PM

[quote]This isn’t the worst one in a world where Thor 2, Age of Ultron (sorry, but it’s terrible) Black Widow and Captain Marvel exist.

Aw, I thought Age of Ultron was decent. Agree about the others though. All the Thor movies really, including the weirdly overpraised Ragnarok.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2022 5:23 PM

Gemma is ugly in this movie. Madden is box office poison. The one only one I liked is the Bollywood guy.

by Anonymousreply 97January 22, 2022 4:13 PM

That’s because he was the only one with “personality”. The rest were dull and colorless, like dishwater.

by Anonymousreply 98January 22, 2022 9:32 PM

Angeline character as a crazy, delusional and violent woman is truly art imitates life.

by Anonymousreply 99January 30, 2022 9:09 AM

R92 No, that's another actress. She's called Aquafish or something. Such a weird name, btw.

by Anonymousreply 100January 30, 2022 9:49 AM

r100, do you mean Awkwafina?

by Anonymousreply 101January 30, 2022 10:17 AM

Out of curiosity, are they ever NOT in the desert?

Every promo still and image of this movie seems to show them in the desert by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 102January 30, 2022 10:47 AM

R101 Yes, that one. Awkwafina.

by Anonymousreply 103January 30, 2022 10:51 AM

Watched it yesterday. Overall, I liked it, despite some issues:

* The accents. The Eternals were sent to Earth 7,000 years ago, yet Ikaris had a Scottish accent from the get-go, at a point probably before the Scots themselves existed. That kept taking me out of the film every time he spoke. Same with Kingo and the rest.

* Across the film, I developed a real dislike for Sprite, and once Kingo articulated the J.M. Barrie theory of their group, it became concrete for me. I've always detested Tinkerbelle.

* I really, really dislike suicide. My discomfort with this particular plot point may eventually lead to my dismissal of this film, and refusal to watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 104January 30, 2022 11:40 AM

Until then you'll be watching it nightly?

by Anonymousreply 105January 30, 2022 3:04 PM

It got over 2 million streams its first few days. Disney was happy enough to let it be known

by Anonymousreply 106January 30, 2022 3:11 PM

There was a sex scene in the film. Can Eternals ejaculate?

by Anonymousreply 107January 30, 2022 3:17 PM

R105, I've got at least one viewing left to endure, when I watch it with my best friend. I cannot anticipate how I'm going to feel about it after the next go-round.

by Anonymousreply 108January 31, 2022 4:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!