Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paulina Porizkova talks about aging and dating: "I am now completely invisible"

she's talking like an eldergay on Datalounge!

I mean she is at the advanced age of 56 but surely she's still pretty enough to get an attractive guy in her age group. Not all of them want a younger girl to boss around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2023 1:56 PM

more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2022 4:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2022 4:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2022 4:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2022 4:28 AM

This bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2022 4:30 AM

She’s still hot !

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 4:32 AM

This woman needs a good psychiatrist, not to pour out her soul and low self-esteem issues to the general public.

I guess it must be rough for any woman who based their worth on their looks, especially those whose career was based on their looks.

I guess it's also karma, I heard she wasn't very nice during the height of her modeling career.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 4:33 AM

Such a whiner! she’s stunning at any age .. imagine if she was unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 4:36 AM

She certainly talks like many DLers - droning on and on WAY after she's made her point. Still attractive yes, but nobody wants to be stuck listening to her endless talking like that poor reporter.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 4:36 AM

Maybe she is a crushing bore and that’s why men walk away from her at parties.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 4:37 AM

Get a toy boy

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 4:38 AM

She should go fill tit and minge.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 4:39 AM

She’s desperate, high maintenance, and annoying. Stay off social media girl. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2022 4:42 AM

The problem with beauty is that it's like being born rich and getting poorer. Joan Collins

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2022 4:58 AM

She clearly can’t accept that she no longer looks 25. She is obsessed with her lost youth and keeps doing these stupid interviews talking about how she no longer turns heads or how men are desperate to fuck her now as they were when she was younger.

What does she expect? Did she think she would somehow be immune to the universal reality of aging? She needs to get a grip.

My mother who is 69 is constantly told she looks much younger. She eats healthy, does yoga, and has no stress. She has never had plastic surgery, has never worried about getting older, and is not vain.

Women like my mom tend to naturally age better than those like Ms. Porikova.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2022 5:04 AM

I don't buy Paulina's claims of invisibility. She's probably not going to have young guys falling all over her but there are plenty of men her age and older who would. She's still an attractive woman, at least until she starts whining about how she's no longer young.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 5:16 AM

She’s right and she should say it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 5:20 AM

Good for her for looking her age, but along with the accepting wrinkles goes accepting there's a time for everything. 56 is not the time to be whining about being invisible to men you want to date. She should do something with her life and wealth that she loves, and along the way she might meet a man who'd love her.

It's kind of rich her constantly complaining about this when she was the hottie in Sports Illustrated and then the untouchable beauty in make-up ads for years. She could at least reflect on the grand life her beauty gave her (and still could--I imagine if she had a different personality, she could be an elder influencer).

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 5:27 AM

I recently read an article about a beautiful Asian lady who had plenty of male interest, but they dropped her as soon as she told them she was 44 (she looked much younger). Even the most gross straight guy thinks they deserve a 20-something.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 6:01 AM

She’s still plenty hot enough that 90% of straight dudes would bang her, no questions asked.

This “woe is me” stuff makes me think she’s just desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 6:40 AM

She's a 56 year old woman - she has zero interest in sex.

She's pissed off that she now can't find anyone to pay her bills.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 7:18 AM

I hate rich, great-looking people complaining about how hard their life is.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 7:34 AM

Continuing to prove that Ric did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 8:28 AM

She’s been beautiful all her life and didnt need to work on anything else on herself. Now that her beauty is slipping away (very slowly, she is still hot) , there isnt anything to fall back on.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 8:37 AM

“She's pissed off that she now can't find anyone to pay her bills.”

You are so stupid. SHE was paying the bills. She def outearned that ratfaced exhusband of hers.

Apart from that, women who benefit from selling their sexuality/ youth / beauty don’t realize they are not making the rules but following them. When they no longer benefit, some of them, the not so smart ones like Madonna and Paulina, lose it.j

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 9:29 AM

She really needs to be working through these issues privately, with a therapist and trusted friends. The thirst traps interspersed with "woe is me" posts are exhausting. And they are guaranteed to keep any decent, well-adjusted men far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 9:30 AM

At her age you should have other priorities. I don’t know a single well-rounded and psychologically healthy person of her age who’s fretting over whether people half their age find them hot or not. If she were a writer, artist or scientist complaining about not being taking seriously at her age, she would have a valid point.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 9:50 AM

The model wife of Ric Ocasek??

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2022 10:17 AM

R25, she has publicly stated that her husband cut her out of his will and left her broke. She may have since challenged that, but she definitely wasn’t bringing in more than him. That is just untrue.

I always thought she was sharp because one time on letterman he was teasing her about making a list of the 20 smartest celebrities and he asked her what, exactly, was the evidence of intelligence that qualified her for the list? Instead of answering she just said, “Are you on the list?” Now I’m thinking that was scripted. She’s an idiot.

She is alienating every woman on the planet and only making her target audience think, “yeah, I can do better.” No guy looking for a trophy wife wants one who has already proclaimed that she’s been left on the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 10:45 AM

R29: she def earned more than her husband. She did not keep her earnings separate, so the money left in the will was partially hers.

In 1988 Paulina signed a contract with Estée Lauder that paid her $6 million per year through 1995. In total, she earned $42 million before taxes from that one contract alone. Ric most def did not outearn her.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2022 11:00 AM

She’s not alienating women because they all go through a version of what she’s going through.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2022 11:00 AM

She is alienating woman because she is describing herself as unattractive when she is more attractive than 95% of women of ANY age.

R30, if the funds were joint, how could she have been denied access to them after his death, regardless of whatever he said in his will? Are you saying that there was absolutely no truth whatsoever to her claims of being left high and dry?

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2022 11:06 AM

Perhaps if she cultivated her brain as much as she's obsessed over her looks, she wouldn't be whining all the time. How about she step away from social media and think about how other widows and divorced women, especially those who don't have her model looks, somehow manage to date in their 50s and 60s.

Does she ever think her constant whining and complaining is a huge turn-off, to not only men, but to possibly her friends. I bet she has few close friends.

She sounds obsessed and psychotic. She's definitely overly obsessed with her looks and her lost youth. Then again, that's how she made a living, her looks. Her entire career was about her looks. The few films I saw her in, she was terrible. She's certainly no Rhodes Scholar. She has little to fall back on.

Some of these models start out at 15-16, then they are made-up to look 25, that has to fuck with your brain. Most quit school, are sexual assaulted by the straight male photographers and the other creeps in that scene. Many get into drugs and heavy drinking. Models are nothing but human mannequins.

Not all models achieve the levels of success and wealth Paulina had. Paula had a great life, but it's clear, she has no second act. Her problem, she cannot let go.

People who live in the real world had to deal with much worse than Paulina, they've lost jobs, have loved ones die, break up with their spouses and partners while others have terrible tragedies in their lives, yet, most people can and do move on.

Who can relate to a rich former super model whining?

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2022 11:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2022 11:21 AM

Just accept the single life and start fucking 20 and 30 something’s. The young stuff might not want to date her, but she could get a different one to bang her every day. Lean into milf status.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2022 11:25 AM

invisible? didn't she just date Aaron Sorkin?

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2022 11:35 AM

The more Paulina complains about being ‘undateable’ the less attractive she will be to potential partners. People are attracted to confidence. Nobody likes a whiner. Stop putting yourself down and obsessing over yourself and focus on what you bring to the party. This is like Dating 101.

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2022 11:35 AM

It was quite stupid of her to merge her earnings with her husband Ric Ocasek, especially as she earned much more than Ric. Money wise, The Cars weren't exactly Rolling Stones level earners.

Ric had a bad rep with women, he had affairs while married to both of his ex-wives.

Didn't he have an affair with Paulina while married to his second wife? (They met on the set of a Cars video) If that was the case, Ric left his second wife for Paulina, should she have really been surprised at being left out of his will?

Ric sounded like a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote]invisible? didn't she just date Aaron Sorkin?

Supposedly their one and only date was to the Oscars. Even that former druggie couldn't take being around her.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2022 11:38 AM

Now she just needs to work on being completely mute.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2022 11:42 AM

For someone who is "invisible," she 's in a lot of photos and articles and tweets lately. She might need to rethink what the word means. How much more visible can she be?

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2022 11:45 AM

The reason she feels completely invisible is because she USED to get a extreme amount of attention. She USED to have a privilege associated with her looks, now she is relegated to regular women status which is nothing. Men her age still looking for 30 somethings but men 65+ will want her but she doesn't want those men. It's sucks but the way it works.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2022 11:45 AM

R42 it doesn’t suck though.It’s life. She’s not entitled to attention. She comes off as completely immature.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2022 11:52 AM

Isn't NY a community property state? How could he take HER earnings and say "nope, she doesn't get any of this"?

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2022 12:07 PM

This bitch is nutty. She doesn’t look her age. She looks better than most American women in their 30s. Can’t she just chill the fuck out and enjoy not having the pressure younger women feel to always look good? What she is really saying is “Men no longer find me attractive” which is sad because that means her validation comes from the male gaze. Its pathetic and someone needs to take her phone away.

Also, to punctuate her words with coquettish pictures…she has gone past embarrassing herself. I believe becoming a top model does in fact drive you batty.

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2022 12:10 PM

If I were her I would probably cave and get a facelift. With a talented surgeon and her bone structure she would look amazing I think. I guess she needs to blame aging for her current unhappiness.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2022 12:14 PM

She’s trying to meet men at meat markets bars and parties.

She is almost 60 years old. Come on, Paulina. Pick your audience.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2022 12:18 PM

The reality is there aren't that many men who look good at her age. She does need to look at younger men.

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2022 12:19 PM

Poor whittle super model , time has slapped her face. She needs to grow up .and be thankful for what she has. Why is it in this decade that EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG IS A VICTIM !!

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2022 12:22 PM

Who told op young women want to be bossed around or even tolerate it. Op sounds like a male frau.

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2022 12:25 PM

The term "Trophy Wife" reminded all of us what we know deep down inside but choose to becloud by mouthing dishonest platitudes like, "It's what's on the inside that counts".

That's changing. I think more people acknowledge that looks and youth matter and are more valued than the aged. To acknowledge that doesn't mean that it's changed, or is how it should be.

The reality is that men, especially rich, entitled, heterosexual men, see their partners as a reflection of their own power, status and entitlement.

Older, plainer 1st wife? Out. In with the trophy wife that allows a man to see his own worth reflected back at him.

I'll always be grateful for my mother who told me, when I was a young woman, to make the most of my young years, and when I notice that attention has turned away from me, to accept it.

That happened in my mid-30s. Was it jarring for a day or two? Of course, but then my mother's words worked their magic.

Dignity is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2022 12:29 PM

[quote]"I am now completely invisible"

I am now completely invisible to extremely wealthy white men, as well as hot younger men under 50.

I like her, but had to fix it for her.

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2022 12:31 PM

[quote] Older, plainer 1st wife? Out. In with the trophy wife that allows a man to see his own worth reflected back at him

Yep. Straight guys love women who make them lookmgoodmin front of their mates. If she’s a bitchy hellion they are still besotted.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2022 12:32 PM

The problem is that her first husband was “an old man”. She probably wants something younger this time. However, her best bet is to go for the Jerry Hall route and marry a old rich billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2022 12:33 PM

If you’re born with unusual beauty, by all means take advantage of it, but be honest with at least yourself about what it will and won’t do for you. I can respect models who go after very rich guys who only care about their wife’s looks, and build up a cushion to survive after they get dumped when their looks fade, and I can respect models who decide they want a life partner, not a personal bank, and look for a guy with substance. But if you’re still trying to fish in the “rich man looking for an object” pond when you’re older, you’re not going to catch a thing.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2022 12:34 PM

Straight men are a pain and I found it a relief to turn 40 and had to deal with them less. She is what happens when a woman never develops character or intellect through life’s hardships. She is still a delicate teenager inside. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2022 12:35 PM

Maybe Project Runway can hire her. She was really good on ANTM before Tyra fired her.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2022 12:40 PM

She’s an odd duck—awkward—always has been. Plucked from Eastern European obscurity and elevated onto a unique perch—she defined beauty for a moment in about 1986, kind of like Cindy Crawford did in about 1991.

She was always more “commercial” than “runway” and had those coveted, fat cosmetic and fragrance contracts—she was never one of the girls…always set apart from the sunny—and more accessible—Kim Alexis, Carol Alt, etc.

She came across as intelligent, had a dark sense of humor, and a deadpan delivery: many people in her professional orbit just didn’t know how to take her and mistook her sardonic nature as sarcasm or making fun of them. It was not. She was mostly just bemused by her enormous success owing to no talent but something she was born with. Rolling your eyes at the ludicrousness of the industry they were all in did not make her any friends in an industry that demands self-reverence.

She was never much of a dater and latched onto Ric Ocasek early on. I’m not surprised she’s in this spot now. I agree with other posters: she goes on and on and on far too long, and it reverberates in the echo chamber of social media way more than in-person. I think she probably does want to be in a relationship but she wants a guy her age or older and, of course, rich. Most of those bachelors are not looking for someone as complex (or old) as Paulina. She reminds me of Yolanda Hadid in many ways, another odd, misunderstood model in her 50s. If Paulina just wants a boyfriend, she could easily find a younger man, but I think she still wants a daddy. She had a horrible childhood and has not spoken to her father in 40 years.

With anyone else, I would say all this social media activity was a calculated preamble to building her platform in preparation for some product launch…but not Paulina. She’s just being herself.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2022 1:17 PM

She should record a new version of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2022 1:26 PM

The advice dl people are giving Paulina is the same advice they would give to some OVER THE HILL queen who was HOT in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2022 1:36 PM

Fella, your mom was right.

And. Some women enjoy becoming invisible to men. I know many old women who are pleased to be done with all that! They do as they like, don’t want to be burdened with babying a smelly old man and feeding his ego. They have each other for company and are always busy. There’s a whole world of old women buzzing around in happy obscurity, doing exactly as they please. Attention from men is cheap and worthless and fleeting.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2022 1:39 PM

There’s a small but vocal minority of aging women who “miss” being catcalled. The majority of older women is ok with not being paid “attention to” aka harassed endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2022 1:44 PM

You occasionally wish for the youthful skin but not all the other bullshit that comes with being a young female.

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2022 1:49 PM

She was genetically blessed. Still lovely, but not young and fresh. Most women her age would love to look as she does now. If she has nothing to offer but youth and beauty, she needs to close up shop.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2022 1:54 PM

R61 Well written. I am this way at 39.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2022 2:11 PM

The clinical term for this particular condition is “Thirst Trap”, and it looks to be progressively degenerative.

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2022 2:51 PM

[quote]The reality is that men, especially rich, entitled, heterosexual men, see their partners as a reflection of their own power, status and entitlement.

True, but it takes two to tango. Remember that scene toward the end of SATC where the Candace Bergen character was needling Carrie for dating older men because the dating pool of men Bergen's age was so small for women of Bergen's age. "Why are you swimming in my pool?" Men go where the action is and don't stay long where it isn't.

I wonder whose pools she swam in when she had the looks.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2022 2:58 PM

No wonder Tyra fired her. Tyra is probably dragging her so hard for this behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2022 3:05 PM

I used to see her at my gym about 5-10 years ago. . She was a nice looking skinny middle aged woman not a knock out. But her persona oozed a sour quality I find in Eastern Europeans. There are older women who have charisma but she's not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]Even the most gross gay guy thinks they deserve a 20-something

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2022 3:46 PM

R48- He was a RARITY but Cary Grant looked good at that age.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2022 4:00 PM

Wasn’t she just with Aaron Sorkin? Successful, creative, rich, well-known, her age. Gee, wonder why that went nowhere. The men she craves attention from will hunt for thirty somethings but trade them in when they get to mid forties. Its the cycle. Not all men her age want the cycle of bimbos but it seems she doesn’t have the maturity to keep one of those.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2022 4:02 PM

Yup there must be a product rollout on the horizon. And yes. she did lie about the inheritance. Less than a year later she received the proceeds from the apartment plus cash. Trust, if the whiner really got nothing the world would know about it

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2022 4:02 PM

My guess is that it's not that guys aren't interested in her--it's that she's not interested in the available pool of men. As a single middle-aged friend of mine explained "At this age, you're pulling from the discard pile. I'd much rather live alone than be saddled with some guy with an ex wife and kids."

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2022 4:37 PM

Paulina honey, you're fishing in the wrong pool. If you're trying to land a rich dude or a young tech dude you may be right. But if you're just looking for love or sex trust me, LOTS of people would have you. Men and women. Live your live, be confident; you're not invisible just because you've aged. Many women wanted and still want to look like you.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Sorry Babe, really rich old guys who you want to drop dead soon and leave you comfortable only want 20 year olds

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2022 4:42 PM

"Glory days

Well, they'll pass you by

Glory days

In the wink of a young man's eyes

Glory days, glory days."

BE THANKFUL YOU AT LEAST HAD THEM, BEEYOTCH.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2022 4:43 PM

Lyric altered to fit PP. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2022 4:45 PM

[quote]As a single middle-aged friend of mine explained "At this age, you're pulling from the discard pile. I'd much rather live alone than be saddled with some guy with an ex wife and kids."

I can't figure how your optimistic and open minded friend reached middle age as a single.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2022 4:53 PM

of course you f@gs on here are talking about how annoying she is and no one would ever wanna date her lmao, as if it has anything to do with you

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2022 5:51 PM

I run into a lot of older, retired women through my work and the majority of them are very happy, living satisfying lives doing whatever they want - hobbies, art, studying, socialising with friends.

I think Paulina's problem is that she never had any interests or curiosity about anything and just spent her whole life being pretty but empty. It's no wonder she's unhappy, if she has nothing else of value in her life to fall back on. If I had her money, i would have a wonderful time doing all the things I wanted to, but was unable to before i hit 40.

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2022 5:51 PM

It almost seems like she is humble bragging. "I've gotten so old, I'm invisible...see??" And then posts sexy, provocative pics of her body that look decades younger than she is, still waif thin, no menopause thickening around the middle, etc. Fuck off with that bullshit. Go hang out with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2022 5:53 PM

R82- Madonna's name nowadays is

SKANK onna

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2022 8:45 PM

R80=Matt Damon ( PUSSYHOUND)

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2022 8:53 PM

The fact is, most women in their 50s don't think they are old, these women are still working, have careers, some are married, others are widows, all have grown kids and grandkids.

Some of you don't have a correct definition of "old". Years ago, a 60-70 year old looked like today's version of an 80 year old, Most women today take much better care of themselves, they eat better foods, exercise, take vitamins etc. One of my grandmothers was only 70 when she died, she looked much older than her age.

The fact that Paulina hasn't cultivated having a life BEYOND modeling, is her problem, not the worlds. Her entire persona seems based solely on her looks. This 'problem' is on her, no one else.

Didn't this dizzy self-absorbed woman realize modeling has a very short life span? She was never interested in anything else? Had no other goals beyond modeling and being a trophy wife to an ugly rockstar?

One of the most famous and gorgeous former models on the planet, Jean Shrimpton, runs a B&B in England with her husband. Jean has accepted aging, her wrinkles and has moved on. In her heyday, Jean dated equally gorgeous actors (she was involved with Terrence Stamp for awhile) and was top in her field. The difference, Jean was intelligent enough to realize modeling careers are not forever and that she would age and a new crop of gorgeous young women would replace her.

The older women I know, as well as my older female relatives, don't obsesses about aging, mostly because all but two of them did not work in glamour field, One is still an art director in advertising and the other is a photographer, they've both managed to remain relevant in two very youth oriented fields. How many older women photographers work in fashion photography? Very few.

Most importantly, besides having an actual talent, my photographer relative is intelligent. This woman has also cultivated a personality, she's smart, charming and witty and has great rapport with everyone she works with. Doesn't treat people like trash and is well-liked. During her heyday, Paulina was extremely haughty and annoying, it's no surprise she's being shunned now.

There has to be more to any human being than their looks. If that's all they've got to offer, they are setting themselves up to extremely disappointed.

Looks fade, stupid is forever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2022 10:33 PM

Ellen Barkin dated the absolutely gorgeous Sam Levinson for years when she was in her fifties. The reason why is because she is sexy, interesting and smart. Paulina is self obsessed, gorgeous, dim and very narcissistic but above all she is boring. No one at any age wants these qualities (other than gorgeous) in a partner.

She seems really unmoored- a lot like Madonna. Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2022 10:42 PM

Well, r80, if you follow that line of thought, nobody would read or speak of anyone unknown in real life.

So hit the bricks, because you don't know us!

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2022 10:44 PM

She, like so many beautiful women of her age, needs to create an alluring image rather than a hot one. Stop with the nudes and nearly nudes. Leave the surprise of how good you still look naked a surprise for a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2022 11:22 PM

Sam Levinson is NOT "absolutely gorgeous. He looks unhinged. 😂 🤣

How about we talk about Ellen Barkin's ex husband, Ron Perlman? He seemed to date and marry his physical and financial equals, not to mention, women close to his age. Due to his immense wealth, Ron could have easily found a much younger trophy wife.

One of Rons wives, the late gossip columnist Claudia Cohen, had her own wealth, she was a Hudson News heiress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote] How about we talk about Ellen Barkin's ex husband, Ron Perlman? He seemed to date and marry his physical and financial equals, not to mention, women close to his age. Due to his immense wealth, Ron could have easily found a much younger trophy wife.

He’s practically bankrupt now.

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2022 11:50 PM

Shes getting close to being in the Farrah/Heather Locklear/Madonna category of going batshit because they can’t accept getting older.

by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2022 11:56 PM

Poor Paulina - all the RICH gents she would like to date are interested in young things. She can find an ordinary guy pretty easily as she is a good looking woman. But she has been quite clear about her reduced circumstances and her late in life gold digging has not been as successful as she had hoped.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2022 12:05 AM

R32 I'm a woman. I am not alienated by what she said. I agree with her, and I'm amazed by how good she looks.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2022 12:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote]He’s practically bankrupt now.

Of course, you KNOW that's not the point [bold]at all.[/bold]

Way to divert a discussion!

My post was about how Ron Perlman conducted his relationships when he was extremely wealthy. He could have fallen for a self-absorbed airhead like Paulina, but, apparently, he sought interesting women he could actually have conversations with. Especially women with their own wealth.

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2022 12:11 AM

Duff was not a wealthy woman and she dumped Medavoy for the much wealthier Perelman. She was quite the narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2022 12:22 AM

With men the formula is you can't be broke, ugly, AND an asshole. Age isn't really a variable as long as a guy isn't all three of the foregoing. He can rich and ugly, or broke and cute, and still find women.

With women it's you can't be old. That's pretty much it. It's hard to get round this one. I'm not saying Paulina should retire to the countryside and raise chickens, but she's almost 60. For her own wellbeing she needs to develop interests other than her appearance and her fuckability. And maybe practice a little gratitude for everything she has been given thus far.

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2022 12:29 AM

I disagree, as a man you can be a broke ugly asshole and you will still find a woman. The standards for male behavior and male looks couldn’t be any lower.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2022 12:43 AM

MILF porn is popular, older women are in with younger men. Men have been wanted to have sex with older teachers and their mothers friends and etc etc since they were young.

I think older women are less likely to date younger men and find them attractive.

Shes probably looking for another 50-60 year old man. They don’t want her, they want a 20 year old. 60 year old women don’t want 20 year old men unless you’re Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2022 12:49 AM

Pornographic fantasies and actual relationships are two different things. I very rarely see older woman/younger man couples.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2022 1:13 AM

R85, the Shrimp is still beautiful, in an old lady way. Thanks for posting, I assumed she was long gone.

R94, I was in Eastern Europe in the late 80s and realized that every second woman looked just like Paulina. Lucky genetics.

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2022 5:18 AM

So basically, men don't fall over their feet running to her like they used to. She still gets treated better than most people her age.

She doesn't recognize how much advantage she's had in her life because of her looks - and still does today.

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2022 5:32 AM

ANYONE who repeatedly posts close up videos of themselves crying has a personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2022 1:28 PM

R103- Like that QUEEN who posted the video about Britney Spears- I forgot his name- he's a porn actor now.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2022 1:31 PM

Precisely, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2022 1:32 PM

R100 yep. Even Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa have split up. (Although they did have a long run). I guarantee he has a new girl at least 10-15 younger than him any day now.

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2022 1:35 PM

And, r85, here's Terence Stamp, for good measure:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2022 2:14 PM

R107 - I really liked him as ZOD in Superman II and as the Trans in Priscilla Queen Of The Desert.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2022 2:20 PM

Jean Shrimpton and Terence Stamp were both gorgeous.

Jean is now 79, Terence is 83.

Besides dating Jean in the 1960s, Terence dated actress Julie Christie.

This is interesting and not at all surprising: "On New Year's Eve 2002, Stamp married at the age of 64. His [bold]29-year-old bride[/bold] was Elizabeth O'Rourke, whom Stamp first met in the mid-1990s at a chemists in Bondi, New South Wales. Of Australian and Indian-Singaporean parentage, O'Rourke was brought up in Singapore before moving to Australia in her early twenties to study pharmacology. The couple divorced on the grounds of his "unreasonable behaviour" in April 2008."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2022 9:38 PM

T97, a woman can’t be fat. Not if she wants an intelligent, reasonably successful guy. Age is less of a factor than weight.

by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2022 10:10 PM

How long is she going to whine about how no one finds her hot anymore? Newsflash: life favors some and curses others. It's just for years, it favored you, so you didn't notice. Now the scales have tipped against you and you can't deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2022 11:17 PM

R110 I definitely recall both Porizkova and Ocasic doing some very nasty fat-shaming during a joint interview. I wish I could remember where and when. I saw this on TV.

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2022 11:56 PM

I’m not sure what she’s talking about.

A friend of mine who is in her early 50’s told me that she have received a lot of offers from very young guys who were seeking sexual experience, ranging from 14 to 25. She said if she wanted, she could have a lot of young sexual partners. She’s not interested however. She’s lost interest and is still devastated since her almost 30 year husband cheated on her for a much younger woman.

by Anonymousreply 113January 15, 2022 12:08 AM

The Greta Garbo stated she was glad when that part of her life was over.

Carry on…..

by Anonymousreply 114January 15, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote][R110] I definitely recall both Porizkova and Ocasic doing some very nasty fat-shaming during a joint interview. I wish I could remember where and when. I saw this on TV.

Ironic, as Ocasek was repulsive looking, he was the proverbial pencil-necked-geek and he looked like a walking corpse. Paulina bought whatever bill of good he was selling, she doesn't seem very bright. The part about joining her assets with his proved how dumb this woman is.

This was Paulina's idea of an attractive caring man? Aside from his horrid looks, he was a terrible husband. He cheated on his wives and was a deadbeat dad, especially to his oldest son Chris Otcasek. Chris called Ric a “narcissist” who was “never present.”

Chris Otcasek (who uses the original spelling of the family name) is the product of the rock star’s first marriage to Constance Campbell.

In 1971, Ric divorced Campbell while she was six months pregnant with their second child and in the same year married second wife Suzanne. Ric and Suzanne went on to have two sons, Eron and Derek. Ric later went on to have an affair with Paulina while still married to his second wife Suzanne!

While filming the music video for The Cars’ song “Drive” in 1984, the 40-year-old Ocasek met 18-year old Czech-born supermodel Paulina Porizkova. Ric ditched his second wife in 1988 and married Porizkova. They had two sons, Jonathan and Oliver.

Chris, who had a record deal with Capitol Records in the late ’80s, said he didn’t hear from his father for most of his childhood — that is until The Cars started charting with hits like “Shake It Up” and “You Might Think.”

“There may have been a touch of guilt, but I also think he wanted to say he was becoming famous and I think that gets into one of the more universal things in that he was just simply a narcissist,” Chris told us.

“He didn’t have the sort of conscience to keep him grounded so he just kept going and always went for the next thing even if that meant abandoning or neglecting children. That was fine with him. I don’t think he thought much about it.”

Chris claimed that “my father, in essence, died the day I was born. He was never present, he was never there. Even when he was, he was never there and that’s the abandonment that I’m referring to.”

Chris said he had lived in New York but moved to Los Angeles to “get as far away geographically from him as I could. I was living a few blocks from him for a year or two and saw him once maybe and I just decided I had to get as far away as possible as I could.”

From all accounts, Ric seemed like a real piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 15, 2022 4:24 AM

Yet here she is being interviewed. lol

by Anonymousreply 116January 15, 2022 4:25 AM

The implication of her comment seems to be that as a one-time supermodel, it's somehow surprising that even she is subject to age bias. Join the crowd bitch.

by Anonymousreply 117January 15, 2022 4:38 AM

She apparently dreamed of becoming a model. How is that something to aspire to? That’s not a real skill. Anyone can stand and pose and try walking a line on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 118January 15, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote]She apparently dreamed of becoming a model. How is that something to aspire to? That’s not a real skill. Anyone can stand and pose and try walking a line on drugs.

Because Paulina lived in a world where teens believed that if they have been blessed genetically, they can make lots of money, and even get famous, solely on their beauty. Unfortunately, that hasn't changed. Attractive people always have doors easily opened for them.

Everyone knows, cute kids get more attention in school than the plain looking kids.

You can be dumb as a box of dirt, but if you're considered attractive and/or 'hot', the world is yours.

by Anonymousreply 119January 15, 2022 5:42 AM

Anyone who chooses to marry someone 20 years older than them has to accept that they will eventually be left alone. So they better start preparing for that eventuality in all the relevant ways. Equally, if someone chooses to marry someone with mental problems, health problems or a bad history, they can expect it is likely to affect their marriage as well.

We all have to play the cards we're dealt. Ageing is the price we pay for not dying young. But it is truly said - ageing is not for sissies. We have to work hard on our mental resilience and learn to see the glass as half-full, because the losses are unavoidable.

But - regarding Paulina...anti-ageing techniques like laser and botox are the new normal. Botox and lunchtime peels are not invasive. Once upon a time, they didn't even have hair dye and people looked old by 50. She could still look amazing with minimal effort, expense, risk or pain. But what she needs is a good therapist as well as a good life coach, esthetician, and plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 120January 15, 2022 6:10 AM

It happens to women and men. Americans are obsessedddddd with youth and terrified of aging/dying.

by Anonymousreply 121January 15, 2022 6:29 AM

I wonder how many older un-wealthy men are invisible to her? My guess: ALL.

by Anonymousreply 122January 15, 2022 6:35 AM

R122 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 123January 15, 2022 6:38 AM

The question is: Did Ocasek have a big, fat dick? If he did then that would discount the age difference. She’s a ho!

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2022 8:56 AM

^^^aging

by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2022 9:12 AM

Was said in another thread about this bit of mutton dressed as lamb, and am doing so again...

Some women just cannot face fact they've gone from not being able to walk two steps from their home without being hit on, to totally invisible far as male sex is concerned.

Know both trannies and females who in their young days were beating back guys with sticks. On subway, on line as Starbucks, at gym, jogging or rollerblading in Central Park, just walking down the street... Guys always tried to make eye contact, chat them up, etc... Then they peaked, and got old....

So many of these females or whatever think life is like SATC and they are Samantha. Sorry hun, but no, the world does not have tons of young hot (or even not) men dying to hook-up with older women. Well not for free anyway.

by Anonymousreply 126January 15, 2022 9:27 AM

R109- All this talk about his relationships with women-

At the end of the day he’s still just a gay male.

by Anonymousreply 127January 15, 2022 12:24 PM

R126, that’s the experience of any reasonably attractive woman (who projects the vibe). A man wanting to fuck you isn’t anything special; it’s the cheapest commodity in the world.

by Anonymousreply 128January 15, 2022 1:51 PM

As someone said in one of the other threads on PP; if she thinks she's lonely and "invisible" now at 56, just wait few years when she reaches 60.

by Anonymousreply 129January 15, 2022 2:03 PM

She was 18 and hooked up with a nearly 40 year old guy, and not even a hot one at that. Now, she's trying to pretend she has dignity? I remember being 18 and thinking 30 was old, forget 40.

by Anonymousreply 130January 15, 2022 2:05 PM

R129- I know this has been discussed lots of times but I wonder which is worse- Someone like Paulina who was STUNNING in 1995 and now is largely invisible to men or a woman who is the same age but was invisible to men even in 1995.

It's better to have had looks and lost them then to have ALWAYS been invisible to men.

by Anonymousreply 131January 15, 2022 2:06 PM

Ocasek` sounds like one of the Trump style of narcissists. Porizkova is as dumb as a rock to have hooked up with him. Even his children hate him. These two were made for each other. He was a predator and she was a hanger-on. The most fascinating part of all this human trash is the fact that Ocasek is simply hideous looking. If he had never made it in rock, no one would have given him a second look. He was a classic pencil-necked geek.

by Anonymousreply 132January 15, 2022 7:36 PM

She’s still gorgeous. I know many women in Manhattan who used to be beautiful (some former models), and most of them have Paulina’s attitude. One is twice divorced (one was rich and she did pretty well, the second was an immigrant who swindled her out of a lot of it) and I was sure she’d be able to snag one more rich guy before it was too late. She complained that all the men who were interested in her were old and gross. What did she expect?! She was banging a hot trainer dude, but he wasn’t going to marry her.

Anyway, she did nab some 50-ish preppy dude from a wealthy suburb who whisked her off during Early Covid Times. I met him once or twice and got a bad vibe from him.

The main problem is that she refused to settle, as she felt entitled to a hot rich man. They don’t marry fading beauties. The older rich men might, if she has a Pamela Harriman demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2022 9:16 PM

Looks can't be everything. That colossal old sea-hag Camilla Parker-Bowles is going to be the fucking queen of England.

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2022 9:26 PM

Quite odd that she and the cars guy never divorced. It's not like they run in social circles where divorce would be taboo.

by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2022 9:38 PM

Aging and Dating- I'm now completely invisible

This is the type of thing we've discussed many times here on datalounge- as it applies to GAY MEN.

by Anonymousreply 136January 16, 2022 1:20 PM

Yes, but would a male former super-model, gay or straight, become invisible? No, he'd be a Hot Silver Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 137January 16, 2022 1:23 PM

All these former desperate models, and older, once beautiful women in general , should take a page from Carmen Dell’Orifice…THAT’S how you do it…

by Anonymousreply 138January 16, 2022 1:29 PM

It’s weird that she wants a younger hot guy now when as a young model she chose one of the ugliest men in the world (famous or otherwise). She should’ve married of of the Durans

by Anonymousreply 139January 16, 2022 1:54 PM

I recently watched a documentary on former models where she was interviewed. Cannot recall the title but I’m sure someone here will. Isabella Rossellini especially came off as smart, witty and charming, as did most of the others. Yes, they were no longer young and beautiful in the way they had been once but they had confidence, humor and most of all, a mature attitude. They had clearly grown emotionally. The two who who hadn’t really stuck out : Paulina and Jerry Hall. They both acted flirtatious and silly and smiled what were once captivating, irresistible smiles. They just seemed stunted, emotionally. They were acting as they did as 20 and clearly didn’t realize how pathetic they seemed.

by Anonymousreply 140January 16, 2022 2:04 PM

R139 Indeed it's strange that she chose him at 20 but I've frequently seen both men and women go for complete physical opposites of their first spouse after leaving a bad 1st marriage. And in some cases the later husband or wife was far plainer than the 1st.

by Anonymousreply 141January 16, 2022 2:04 PM

Here’s a trailer for that documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 16, 2022 2:07 PM

The richest man in the world left his wife for a woman in her 50s. (Bezos)

by Anonymousreply 143January 16, 2022 2:18 PM

I hate these fucking three fking entitled women. I hope they all go to hell soon.

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2022 2:25 PM

R142- What's up with Isabella Rossellini and her MANNISH look?

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2022 2:28 PM

The future King of England married a 57 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2022 2:30 PM

True, r143.

There are, however, always outliers, and if anybody has the extraordinary game to be one, it's Sanchez, and I write this with respect to her.

Besides, a DLer here who worked with and knew wealthy, heterosexual men, once posted here that part of their choosing a new wife or partner, besides looks and youth, is, who was she previously coupled with? If her ex(es) were of power, talent, money, fame then he sees in her a reflection of that in himself, too.

For example, If Carolyn Bessette Kennedy were still alive, she'd have long-ago left the handsome, yet boring, JFK, Jr., and, by now, be on her, say, 2nd or 3rd hedge-fund billionaire. Being the ex of JFK, Jr. would have only increased her desirability.

For a Geek like Bezos, that Sanchez's exes were a handsome NFL star and a successful, wealthy, glamour-adjacent Hollywood agent, that fills the bill.

And, I know she's mocked here, but I have no problem believing that, in person, Sanchez is a very compelling woman, both physically and personality-wise.

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2022 2:34 PM

This really has become Paulina's schtick. I notice other older celebs doing it now, most recently Dawn French posting pictures of her grey hair.

We get it, ladies, happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2022 2:42 PM

R143 I spotted Isabella a few months ago, having coffee at a sidewalk cafe. She looked just like herself, very natural. Gotta hand it to her, comfortable in her skin. I guess it's more of a European mindset.

by Anonymousreply 149January 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Isabella is fantastic---and happy.

by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2022 2:50 PM

That’s very interesting, R147. Makes a lot of sense. At first I didn’t get where you were going with it - her exes don’t seem THAT impressive. But to a big nerd who has his own money and power, yes. The NFL player and cool Hollywood guy represent arenas he hasn’t already won in.

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2022 3:06 PM

If she’s still really horny she should probably go lez and they’d be climbing all over her

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2022 3:09 PM

I love the fact that she’s being so honest.

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2022 3:14 PM

You see all these men that want to be with women the age of their daughters. It’s creepy.

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2022 3:31 PM

[quote]It’s weird that she wants a younger hot guy now when as a young model she chose one of the ugliest men in the world (famous or otherwise). She should’ve married one of the Durans.

Aaron Sorkin isn't exactly a looker! I'm sure Paulina cares more about a man's money and status before his looks. She married an extremely weird looking man, but he was a famous rocker.

Paulina is so self-absorbed, you can tell she enjoyed being part of a pop-culture power couple.

I have to wonder, is that also what she's looking for, to date rich and famous men, as opposed to just a man who is rich?

by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2022 2:25 AM

R155 I would think rich is the goal. It’s doable.

by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2022 2:33 AM

R19 You know how women don't want to date men who are shorter than them? Age is like that for men. Call it biological or cultural, but it's reasonable for men to be attracted to younger women. Any exceptions are rather heavily scrutinized by both men and women. Evidence is right here on Datalounge with threads discussing the likes of Nick Jonas and Aaron Taylor Johnson and their choice of older women for spouse.

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2022 2:46 AM

A lot of people don't seem to understand what she is getting at and call her whiny, neurotic, a thirst trap etc. But her message is about inclusivity. A woman of 56, though past childbearing age, is a lot more sexually viable than the average man of the same age. So why should these women tolerate being rejected?

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2022 5:10 PM

Despite r158 's suggestion that people should fuck other people they don't find attractive for the sake of "inclusivity", Paulina didn't give a shit about the plight of 56 year old women until SHE turned 56

by Anonymousreply 159January 17, 2022 5:21 PM

[quote] A woman of 56, though past childbearing age, is a lot more sexually viable than the average man of the same age.

Is that true? Most women that age don't give a shit about sex.

by Anonymousreply 160January 17, 2022 5:43 PM

(R160) Are you Glenn Close??

by Anonymousreply 161January 17, 2022 7:03 PM

R150- Another EX beauty whom one could say the same about is Ali McGraw.

by Anonymousreply 162January 17, 2022 7:08 PM

It’s like women almost don’t understand that they live in a world where rules are made by men for men. Old men aren’t any more attractive than old women but pretty much everything in this world benefits men.

by Anonymousreply 163January 17, 2022 7:54 PM

R160 Interesting analogy from (most likely), a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 164January 17, 2022 10:35 PM

If any woman is truly interested in sex, they are able to get sex no matter how old or how attractive. It might not meet their "standard" but they would be able to get sex.

Not every woman is able to get taken out to dinner every night, get jewelry purchased for them or have their bills paid. Which is what they are truly interested in

by Anonymousreply 165January 18, 2022 12:11 AM

I've known many men that fit that description as well, R165. Users are everywhere and of every sex.

by Anonymousreply 166January 18, 2022 12:34 AM

Paulina once said: "Nothing ages as poorly as a beautiful woman's ego."

Turns out she wasn't making a general comment. She was talking about herself.

by Anonymousreply 167January 18, 2022 3:44 AM

Is she a female incel?

by Anonymousreply 168January 18, 2022 11:27 AM

She clearly has some type of personality disorder, Andrew Sorkin figured that out quickly and dumped her after a few weeks.

Apart from some modeling, dancing in some videos - what exactly has this woman been up to the past 2 decades that is of substance or interesting? Raising 2 kids with nannies apparently. Not much else.

by Anonymousreply 169January 18, 2022 12:53 PM

R162 I saw Ali with Ryan O'Neal in a stage performance of (the awful play) "Love Letters" a few years ago. She is indeed still a beauty. She let herself age naturally, never got fat, and has an interesting, artistic style.

by Anonymousreply 170January 18, 2022 1:26 PM

She complains that men only want to date women who are 20 years younger than themselves. Well, she willingly promoted this shitty hierarchy herself in 1989 when she became the trophy wife of a man old enough to be her father. When she was 24, she married a 45-year old man. It was OK then, but now it's not? Since she's no longer part of the privileged group?

Fat, bald, men in their 50s, 60s, and 70s think they deserve very attractive women in their 30s. And they often get them because women keep trading their looks for money. In this society, social/romantic currency comes from women's looks and men's money. For women, their value declines as they get older and their looks fade. For men, however, their capacity to make money increases in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, so their value increases with age. (It makes little sense, since women outlive men; this phenomenon leads to longer periods of widowhood). It's a fucked up system, but she happily went along with it when she was in your 20s.

by Anonymousreply 171January 18, 2022 1:52 PM

R63- Robert Redford is 84 years old he has NO curb appeal AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 172January 18, 2022 1:58 PM

R170- She seems like a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 173January 18, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote]I know this has been discussed lots of times but I wonder which is worse- Someone like Paulina who was STUNNING in 1995 and now is largely invisible to men or a woman who is the same age but was invisible to men even in 1995.

I'm younger than her, but I'm a woman who has never been attractive. In fact, I was harassed by strangers for being "ugly" starting at age 11. In my 30s, I had plastic surgery. It didn't make me "hot", but it removed enough harshness I could walk down the streets without being publicly insulted. So, in effect, I had become invisible. And it was an upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 174January 18, 2022 2:10 PM

I’m curious about women who were sexually harassed when they were in their 20s and 30s who are now in their 60s having become free of the male gaze. What are they relieved about?

by Anonymousreply 175January 19, 2022 10:40 AM

She should spend some time in France. They love older attractive women.

What she Really means is she’s invisible to super rich billionaires that supermodels gun for.

by Anonymousreply 176January 19, 2022 10:49 AM

R175: unwanted sexual attention which can turn aggressive and violent is no fun. Straight men are ugly and nasty and vindictive little bitches.

by Anonymousreply 177January 19, 2022 11:28 AM

I’m a plain looking guy, but my older brother was very handsome in our youth, and always had a lot given to him because of his looks. In high school and college, he was picked first for jobs and opportunities, and he got a lot of things given to him by both men and women. Yet losing that advantage as he aged was a huge hardship for him, and he tried to hang on to it with a lot of laser treatments, Botox, and also stronger medicine for depression and mood disorders that are likely related to his loss of stature as his appearance changed. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2022 12:01 PM

[quote] I’m curious about women who were sexually harassed when they were in their 20s and 30s who are now in their 60s having become free of the male gaze. What are they relieved about?

Beautiful women like Paulina are devastated by the loss of attention because they are hit on by rich, famous and/or good looking men. In her case, she didn't care about looks, but she had her pick of men. Average looking young women get hit on by losers and betas. Of course, they'd be relieved not to have to deal with that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 179January 19, 2022 12:38 PM

A lot of the attention beautiful women get is from assholes because other men are too intimidated to approach them. My partner was friends with an actress. She was drop-dead gorgeous and a good person but could not find a decent guy.

by Anonymousreply 180January 19, 2022 12:53 PM

^ Exactly. A decent guy doesn't have an overinflated opinion of himself. He'd probably think twice about flirting with a beautiful woman because he'd feel he wasn't on her level.

Assholes and egomaniacs don't respect boundaries. They wouldn't hesitate to hit on any attractive woman. After they hear "no, not interested," they don't back off like a decent guy would. If the asshole is superficially charming and good at manipulation, she could end up saying "yes" and experience a lousy relationship for a while.

by Anonymousreply 181January 19, 2022 1:30 PM

Paulina has a very healthy ego, doesn't she...She sees herself as a high value individual due to her career in modeling and marriage to a rock star (albeit a pretty awful one). She wants another high value individual (money, well known in his career, etc) that she feels entitled to have.

Her entitlement is out there. Find a retired NYC school teacher with a good pension and second home in the HV or Bershires.

by Anonymousreply 182January 19, 2022 1:46 PM

R182 HV stands for Housatonic Valley, right?

by Anonymousreply 183January 19, 2022 2:23 PM

I remember seeing her on Letterman years ago. She was haughty and condescending.

After all this time, and after all the world has gone through over the last few years, this is what she complains about?

She's still a good-looking broad. Count your blessings and go with your god, Paulina - or, better yet, your psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 184January 19, 2022 2:31 PM

R180 Yes, I have heard exactly this from many beautiful women over the years. The intimidation factor is there with these incredible looking women. So much so that they can have a difficult time finding someone to date. There the other problem is finding and keeping female friendships. No woman wants to feel like shitty leftovers. I've watched as fabulous looking women will receive attention while their friend stands by as if invisible. Backs to them and all.

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2022 5:23 AM

I watched About Face and one thing was apparent from Paulina's interview that explains a lot of her attitude and statements - she is very eastern European. They have a certain type of emotional energy. I don't think she's arrogant and entitled.

Isabella Rosselini was of course the stand-out; she is warm, charming and very articulate. But I thought Jerry Hall was delightful and I can see why she is so well-liked.

Pat Cleveland was hard to watch, between her accent and coquettish manner.

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2022 5:43 AM

She's invisible to powerful rich men is what she means.

I'm sure there are plenty of plumbers etc. who would gladly take her.

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2022 6:46 AM

Has Covid brought on a whinefest from well-situated women? Are shrinks in short supply? I'm talking to you, Paulina. Also Kathy Griffin, Lena Dunham, Hilaria Baldwin, Harry's wife, Chrissy Teigen, Sarah Jessica Parker, and every other pain in the butt whose travails fascinate DL.

Ladies, just shut up and get off of social media. You can thank me later.

by Anonymousreply 188January 20, 2022 7:00 AM

I agree re Ali! R162

Ali is 82. Isabella is 69. Fine wine.

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2022 2:16 AM

[quote]Pat Cleveland was hard to watch, between her accent and coquettish manner.

What ACCENT?

Pat was discovered on a NYC subway, she was born in NYC, attend both the High School of Art & Design and the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, both schools are in Manhattan.

Pat currently lives in New Jersey with her husband, former Dutch model and fashion photographer, Paul van Ravenstein, the father of her model daughter Anna Cleveland. They also have a son, Noel.

Pat's dad was of Irish-Swedish descent and her mother of African-American, Native-American and Irish-Scottish ancestry. Pat grew up in Harlem. Not sure what sort of accent she'd have. A 'New Yawk' one?!

Pat survived colon cancer in 2019, Perhaps annoying Paulina needs a health scare to deal with, then she'd have an actual real problem to moan about?!

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2022 9:28 AM

Yes, Noo Yawk. And her voice is like Betty Boop.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2022 10:09 AM

[quote] If any woman is truly interested in sex, they are able to get sex no matter how old or how attractive. It might not meet their "standard" but they would be able to get sex.

Straight men keep trotting that line out but there the fact is that if ALL they want is sex they can get it too. If any woman on the planet can crook her finger at an homeless meth addict and get instant sex, fine, a man can do the same.

They just have to forget Cameron Diaz and aim for Bridget Everett.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2022 10:25 AM

She sells her pussy to the ugly dude from The Cars. Gets nothing from him in his will. Stupid cunt clearly has no intelligence and wasted her entire life. She may as well be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2022 10:35 AM

[quote] She should spend some time in France. They love older attractive women.

Would they love her? She’s not literate, fascinating, witty, sophisticated or has done anything indicating she is good company.

She’s spent the last year whining about money and the last month complaining no one wants to fuck her.

Alarm bells!

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2022 10:46 AM

I wonder if Paulina is angling to get some sort of “ageless beauty” contract with a cosmetics company. Like Elon Musk’s mother. Building a brand. It’s not the worst idea.

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2022 1:47 PM

Maybe, R195, but most brands probably prefer their 'face' to be positive, confident and sophisticated. Her tacky thirst trap photos and constant whining about how men don't want to fuck her shows she has none of those qualities. She's tedious and exhausting, and I wish she'd fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2022 2:52 PM

Yep she is too nutso/overly emotional and no major company would want this mess representing them.

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2022 4:16 PM

She also now gives off a lot of Melania vibes

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2022 4:32 PM

Speaking of Isabella, she posted a lovely photo of herself and ex-husband David Lynch for his birthday. What a beauty, and nice caption about aging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 21, 2022 9:11 PM

I am in my mid 50s female - still trim and fit - but mid 50s none the less. In my teens, 20s into early 30s if I walked anywhere guys in cars who whoop, honk and whistle. It’s funny but at some point you notice - NOTHING - then you try to think back - when was the last time anyone made a fuss. …. Same with going out alone or with a girlfriend - the hokey sweet dumb banter like a strange guy saying “Boy you look prettier when you smile! ….Let me buy you a drink! ….Are you waiting for someone?” These are the same guys that now would elbow right in front of me and grab a shopping cart at Vons and not even notice they stepped in front of me. I think that it is just chemistry………. Years ago I remember Cybill Shepherd saying she was blown away the first time that she crossed the street with her teen aged daughter and she could feel the energy and eyes going to her daughter and not to her.

by Anonymousreply 200January 21, 2022 10:40 PM

Isabella married Scorsese but not Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 201January 21, 2022 10:43 PM

At the advanced age of 56? Honey, please. She looks amazing and most of the DLers are old enough to be her dad.

by Anonymousreply 202January 21, 2022 10:46 PM

Eldergay here. Women become invisible after 40 and men become invisible after 55.

by Anonymousreply 203January 21, 2022 10:46 PM

R203 sounds like an uggo.

by Anonymousreply 204January 21, 2022 10:47 PM

R204 hot men over 55 and hot women over 40 are as rare as hen's teeth.

by Anonymousreply 205January 21, 2022 10:49 PM

A straight male coworker in his late 30s thought Helen Mirren was hot.

by Anonymousreply 206January 21, 2022 11:15 PM

R205 being attractive and still fuckable whilst under the age of 70 is not that difficult. Unless you are a total mutant or a fat slob….

by Anonymousreply 207January 21, 2022 11:20 PM

Is she friends with fellow former model Jerry Hall? Maybe Jerry can introduce Paulina to one of Rupert's rich old friends.

by Anonymousreply 208January 21, 2022 11:28 PM

R206 Helen has big tits, that’s why

by Anonymousreply 209January 21, 2022 11:41 PM

R179- Lisa Lampinelli said on her HBO special- she can't get good looking white guys anymore ( I doubt that she ever could) so that's why she went out with black men.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2022 12:01 AM

R203- Hey ELDERGAY how old are YOU?

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2022 12:03 AM

Isabella was never married to David Lynch. She was married to another filmmaker, Martin Scorsese, from 1979 to 1982.

After her marriage to Scorsese ended, she was married to Jon Wiedemann from 1983 to 1986. She had daughter with Wiedermann, Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann, (born 1983) and an adopted son, Roberto Rossellini (born 1993).

Elettra was modeling for awhile, she looks nothing like Isabella.

Isabella was engaged to English actor Gary Oldman from 1994 to 1996.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2022 11:00 AM

R205- I'm 56 years old and I'm still HOT.

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2022 12:31 PM

R200- I'm a gay male and I USED to have guys do similar things. I was in a bar in San Francisco in 2005 and some guy come up to me smiling and said HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

I used to have guys in the bar come up to me and say - Smile! all of that is innocent but when they would feel my ass or grab my crotch it became annoying- not that that happens nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2022 12:45 PM

Isabella seems to be a warm woman, she has close relationships with her children. She is a very charming woman,

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2022 2:24 PM

Jon Wiedemann looked a bit like a Kennedy. He was definitely better looking than Scorsese and Lynch! He had great hair too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 23, 2022 4:20 AM

Face it. Women don’t age well and men don’t want old pussy when they’re still handsome and can pull young tuna. Old women can throw themselves into work or grandchildren, take up a hobby, or convert to Lesbyterianism. If you’re lucky and haven’t aged too badly, you might be able to lure a straight twink with a MILF complex. It’s rare, but it happens.

by Anonymousreply 217January 23, 2022 5:13 AM

Face it. Women don’t age well and men don’t want old pussy when they’re still handsome and can pull young tuna. Old women can throw themselves into work or grandchildren, take up a hobby, or convert to Lesbyterianism. If you’re lucky and haven’t aged too badly, you might be able to lure a straight twink with a MILF complex. It’s rare, but it happens.

by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2022 5:14 AM

There is nothing more boring than talking about how hot you used to be.

by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2022 5:41 AM

R217/r218. Or throw themselves into all three.

by Anonymousreply 220January 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Most men and women are unremarkable looking and will never stand out or be pursued for their looks at any age.

by Anonymousreply 221January 24, 2022 1:15 PM

R217- You're HARSH but funny.

by Anonymousreply 222January 24, 2022 1:18 PM

What, she is asking for being objectified at her age?

by Anonymousreply 223January 26, 2022 8:52 PM

R21- I'm a 56 year old man and I a LOT of interest in sex.

by Anonymousreply 224March 16, 2022 12:21 AM

and I HAVE a LOT of interest in sex.

Sorry for the omission.

by Anonymousreply 225March 16, 2022 12:38 AM

R73- It was not an apartment it was a house. A $10 million townhouse.

by Anonymousreply 226March 16, 2022 12:53 AM

Paulina could probably date an upper-middle class divorced dad from the suburbs but she probably doesn't want anyone like that.

by Anonymousreply 227March 16, 2022 1:01 AM

R98- That applies to STRAIGHT men only. Gay men have to be good looking and or hot to meet someone good looking.

by Anonymousreply 228March 16, 2022 1:02 AM

Women who benefit from sexism while they are young, think there’s nothing wrong with. Once the wind turns, they all turn into feminists.

by Anonymousreply 229March 16, 2022 1:05 AM

R115- He should be on the thread about people with GIRAFFE necks.

by Anonymousreply 230March 16, 2022 1:06 AM

Paulina drinks a lot of alcohol, which no woman can do and expect to look good at 56.

by Anonymousreply 231March 16, 2022 1:08 AM

FILTER/TRUTH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 16, 2022 1:09 AM

R231 she looks amazing, especially for 56!

by Anonymousreply 233March 16, 2022 1:10 AM

She's still a pretty woman at 56. As hot as she was at 20? No, but pretty nonetheless.

I have no sympathy for her. She was fine with men ignoring 50 something women to pay attention to HER but now she's 50 something and getting ignored. Like someone upthread said, she supported the hierarchy when she was young.

Now she's at the same level as a typical handsome but middle class guy. It's obvious her fortune was built on looks and looks alone because if she had something special to offer besides her looks I can see why she wouldn't want to settle for some average dude. She doesn't have anything else though, it's as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 234March 16, 2022 2:10 AM

R181- There are plenty of men like that in the GAY world.

by Anonymousreply 235March 16, 2022 2:50 AM

Did you say something, ma’am?

by Anonymousreply 236March 16, 2022 2:58 AM

I don't know R131. I was NOT a stunning woman who turned heads in my youth and now I'm middle=aged and becoming even more invisible. I actually feel a sense of relief that beauty wasn't my calling card when young because I can settle into middle age without mourning the loss of that currency. I look at people like Madonna, Nicole Kidman and Demi Moore among others and see how they've sliced and injected their faces. I really feel for them. They're clearly trying to hold on to that currency and I'm so glad I don't have to play that game.

R174 I'm sorry you were treated that way. Fuck every single person that harassed you.

by Anonymousreply 237March 16, 2022 3:37 AM

I think that Paulina isn’t being pursued by men - NOT because of her age and beauty but because of two things - When a beautiful woman ages she must “wear it well” and be comfortable in her own shoes. She has to show interest and knowledge in something other than herself. An interesting beautiful older woman has a good chance for companionship - IF she even wants it. Paulina allows a little too much Bi Polar “Fatal Attraction” vibe show through for most men to be interested.

by Anonymousreply 238March 17, 2022 3:29 AM

Can’t she just get a line of clothing to endorse? Or a podcast? There seem to be so many options for has-beens today, I don’t know why she sticks to whining. Even Linda Evangelista has realized she can cash in on her deformity. Also, does she really think being young and beautiful, being noticed, would make her life better? Look at Halle Berry, her beauty couldn’t cover up her myriad issues or attract any men other than weirdos/dirtbags.

by Anonymousreply 239March 17, 2022 8:29 PM

Halle Berry's beauty has shielded her from the truly deplorable life she would be living if born ugly, don't think ugly women don't attract losers and creeps.

by Anonymousreply 240March 17, 2022 8:37 PM

Here we go, birches. Her “memoir” is out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241November 12, 2022 1:10 PM

She has an old face. And those magazine cover photoshoots tend to be as photoshopped as Newt Gingrich's wife's pictures, so don't take them as evidence that she's "hot".

by Anonymousreply 242November 12, 2022 1:29 PM

R241 what was the unwelcome surprise? No I'm not reading it.

by Anonymousreply 243November 12, 2022 2:12 PM

R243: not reading it either (what the fuck for) but I think she is referring that she poured her assets into the family account, etc., which Ric Ocasek was in charge of, and shortly before his death, he cut her off her own money via his will.

by Anonymousreply 244November 12, 2022 2:36 PM

R244 that's nuts. I bet she is kicking herself for staying married to him all of this years, that's what these media tour is really about. I had always assumed to stay married to someone so beneath her in appearance that he must have treated her like a queen but that appears to not be the case.

by Anonymousreply 245November 12, 2022 2:57 PM

R19 in Japan, there's a brutal colloquial pejorative term for single or unmarried women--Christmas Cake (kurisumasu keiiki).

As in, no matter how pretty or tasty or well-decorated or rich it is, no one wants it after the 25th.

by Anonymousreply 246November 12, 2022 3:19 PM

Why does Paulina and others in her cohort insist on keeping that long 80s supermodel hair? That is ageing, get a nice shoulder-length or shorter cut, it would look much better.

by Anonymousreply 247November 12, 2022 3:27 PM

R247, Paulina's cascading hair, skin tight clothes, etc. reminds me of what Mother used to say, "dressing younger doesn't make you look younger, if anything, it makes you look older." Or in other words, don't be mutton dressed as lamb.

by Anonymousreply 248November 12, 2022 4:04 PM

She is invisible to people like herself when she was young.

by Anonymousreply 249November 12, 2022 4:13 PM

R248: tell Mother to go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 250November 12, 2022 4:30 PM

It would take so little to make Paulina really stand out as a beauty again.Just some hair colouring, a laser or chemical peel and some Botox, maybe tighten the neck a bit.

by Anonymousreply 251November 12, 2022 4:56 PM

She's got a better body now than most women in their 20s. She's so obsessed and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 252November 12, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote]r40 along with the accepting wrinkles goes accepting there's a time for everything. 56 is not the time to be whining about being invisible to men you want to date.

I think she wrote men at parties treated her as if she were invisible in general - she wasn’t talking about cruising for sex or dates.

by Anonymousreply 253November 12, 2022 5:20 PM

Is there a boring, whiny bitch Book of the Month Club? First her, then Harry.

by Anonymousreply 254November 12, 2022 5:23 PM

I used to follow her on Instagram but unfollowed 4-5 months ago.

She is absolutely insufferable and a narcissist. Not a mean one, but one just the same.

Her eccentricity is endearing, but day after day day after day crying, bitching, endlessly talking about her age and looks..

Maybe you have to be a woman to "get" her.

And she is gorgeous, so I think she needs to shut the fuck up and go get some dick.

by Anonymousreply 255November 12, 2022 5:30 PM

I still think she could find a man if she wanted to but exudes too much insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 256November 12, 2022 5:37 PM

I'm a woman and she is insufferable. Life is going to teach her a lesson. Yes, she's older but she's healthy. Wait until that starts to falter then she'll realize how much time she spent whining about her looks. She needs to shut the fuck up and count her blessings because I'm tired of hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 257November 12, 2022 5:37 PM

And this bitch is RICH. She has to be at least worth 5-10 million?

by Anonymousreply 258November 12, 2022 5:48 PM

R246 funnily enough no one wants Asian men at any age.

by Anonymousreply 259November 12, 2022 5:51 PM

I'm a woman and I'm with R257. Paulina is incredibly wealthy, healthy and extremely good looking. Her anorexic rock star husband started having an affair with her when she was 18 and then she was shocked when he wasn't interested in her when she turned 40? He never wanted to talk to her? Never listened to her? Give me a break. The man wanted a teenage sex doll.

The problem is this woman never developed a personality or intellect. She is incredibly self absorbed and incurious. No man wants that in a partner.

Her looks aren't a problem at all. She is the problem. Look at Christy Turlington - aging beautifully, gorgeous family, a career outside of modelling. I also found it strange that none of the other A list models of that time are friends with Paulina. Not one.

by Anonymousreply 260November 12, 2022 6:27 PM

Maybe it's the circles she runs in. Bougie east coast social circles have the most stringent requirements for women . Even the homeliest and most unpleasant male nerds have their pick of the litter out there as long as they have money . That's why women in those areas are so bitchy and frequently anorexic as they are.

Even then she could probably find a 70 something businessman. Maybe she doesn't want an old dude.

by Anonymousreply 261November 12, 2022 6:31 PM

She has enough money to do what she wants. Get a degree, start a second career, volunteer. But all she wants to talk about is that she no longer is a pretty young thing. She is such a dreadful stupid bore.

by Anonymousreply 262November 12, 2022 6:34 PM

She should cut and color her hair silver. Style herself like the older model, Carmen. She could look stunning. But she has to stop treating social media as a place to unload her feelings, such a turn off. She already (had) our sympathy because of Ocasik's will.

by Anonymousreply 263November 12, 2022 6:54 PM

Did Ocasek write in the will why he cut her out? Were they estranged at the time?

by Anonymousreply 264November 12, 2022 6:57 PM

She's only several years younger than my Mum, but she looks like she could be my way hotter older sister or 40-year old aunt. Someone women will never look as good in their life as she does now, and from puberty to menopause will always be talked and mocked about by men as if they're a dog. So dunno what she's moaning about. Her perspective is completely blinkered and skewed by the high status she's accustomed to enjoying, i.e. not the norm for most people.

And she's not being realistic, anyway. If she’d condescend to come down from her cloud, there's tons of average College-aged to middle-aged guys, as well as lesbians, with a MILF fetish who'd worship her feet and Venmo her without a second thought. Just probably none high-value and together and Hollywood good-looking/rich/connected enough that a former top model would want to fuck or date (and that's fine, it’s her choice).

Lastly—living for the approval and attention of men, especially the straight ones, is a hiding to nothing. It’s a racket, a double-standard, all smoke & mirrors. They don’t care about us women as beings with interiority, they just don’t. This is easier said than done, as all women from Paulina to the NLOGs have been aggressively socialised to prioritise mens’ feelings and preferences as well as to let them dictate to us our social value. But it’s a fucking con. If at almost 60 this woman of independent means does not get that and can’t use her health, wealth & position to enjoy her life beyond that paradigm, then it’s a waste of an opportunity (that another woman could have had).

This whole complaint just comes over as tone-deaf. Disabled, poor, ugly/plain and obscure women everywhere must be boggling that she’s come out with all this, especially post-pandemic. I know I am.

by Anonymousreply 265November 12, 2022 7:51 PM

Ric Ocasek was hardly a looker or even wealthy. He divorced her while ill and wrote her out of his will!

by Anonymousreply 266November 12, 2022 7:57 PM

How does an ugly turd like him get beautiful women? He seemed horrible all around.

by Anonymousreply 267November 12, 2022 8:14 PM

R267 honestly me about any woman I see with a man ever

by Anonymousreply 268November 12, 2022 8:23 PM

Society sees women as disposable. I have the opposite problem. Since age 11, I was bullied by school mates and harassed by strangers for being an "ugly" girl and then woman. In my 30s, I had plastic surgery. Becoming "pretty" wasn't an option. But I became plain enough that I blended in and was no longer harassed because I could fly under the radar. For me, becoming "invisible" was an upgrade.

Now, if you talk to men, many will tell you that they've always been invisible, no matter what they look like. They don't get compliments. No one holds the door open for them.

The fact that pretty (white) women are put up on a pedestal shows that this society caters to the whims of straight white men. The assholes who laud these women only for their beauty will dispose of them when they get older. Remember when fat, fake-haired, 60-something Donald Trump tweeted that "Heidi Klum is no longer a 10".

by Anonymousreply 269November 12, 2022 8:38 PM

R267, he was fugly for sure, and he seems to have been an ass who neglected and mistreated his kids. How could a guy like that attract one of the most beautiful models in the world? He was in a band, that’s how. Chris Rock once said that a musician is the only guy who can be flat broke and still get women. And Ocasek was rich when he first started dating Paulina.

by Anonymousreply 270November 12, 2022 11:21 PM

R246, well, I suppose a lot of people could say by 25 or 30 many people who are “a catch” for marriage, in terms of personality, not just looks, are already taken, if they follow a marry early, marry for life mentality. Guys in Japan are traditionally expected to marry fairly young too, by age 30.

But there are always going to be exceptions, especially as women have brilliant careers that take time - they aren’t waiting after 25 because of not being personable, etc. but because they follow their own career choices and don’t need to.

Shizuka Arikawa married at age 32 for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 12, 2022 11:42 PM

Invisible but always naked.

by Anonymousreply 272November 12, 2022 11:45 PM

Team Kristen McMenany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 14, 2022 10:07 AM

A former work colleague, who actually resembles Paulina, started to go into a total panic mode as she aged. This woman was already divorced by her early 40s, that's when the panic got worse. She has the same crazy mentality like Paulina, everything is about her looks and aging.

I guess when you are used to getting so much attention because of your looks, and never cultivated your personality, this is what happens.

Paulina needs a good therapist.

by Anonymousreply 274November 14, 2022 10:17 AM

As far as Paulina's money situation, there is already a thread here about how much richer Paulina was than Ric Ocasek. The Cars were popular but Ric was sure not as wealthy as, say, Springsteen! Paulina had contracts with some very major cosmetic brands. She was basically a supermodel.

Paulina's huge mistake was combining her earnings with Rics. Rich people should never do that, in fact, no one should. Sure, have an account for normal monthly shared bills but never combine the money you earned pre-marriage with your spouses. That's a recipe for disaster.

Ric was a horrible father, he cheated on all his wives. He was also quite repulsive looking.

by Anonymousreply 275November 14, 2022 10:22 AM

Hard to believe. My glamour lesbian sister is her age and she still has problems with what she refers to as "the creepy guys" falling her around, stalking her, generally bothering her because she's still hot.

This one just sounds like she's missing her youth.

by Anonymousreply 276November 14, 2022 10:36 AM

Sometimes, one really has to appreciate being a weird looking borderline 4/5 femcel, with no social status to speak of but with a sense of humour. I have only been pestered by men a few times in my life, and they were ugly dumb powerless hillbilly freaks who were easy to get rid of. And on the whole, men just get on my nerves and don’t interest me much, anyway. I’ve got things to do, honey, no time for that shit!

by Anonymousreply 277November 14, 2022 12:53 PM

She sounds like a complete attention whore. I guess Ric Ocasek did a number on her mentally. She sounds like she needs a good psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 278November 14, 2022 1:29 PM

I still want to know why he wrote her out of the will. I'm just curious because I'd think he would have been grateful that she stuck by him for decades. But instead he seemed bitter..bizarre

by Anonymousreply 279November 14, 2022 1:55 PM

R279: hell hath no fury like a man scorned. Men are petty vindictive bitches.

by Anonymousreply 280November 14, 2022 1:59 PM

That's true but unless I'm mistaken weren't they still married when he croaked?

by Anonymousreply 281November 14, 2022 2:01 PM

Perhaps you’re trying too hard…….

by Anonymousreply 282November 14, 2022 2:16 PM

She's a bitch . she called a contestant on top model a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 283November 14, 2022 2:38 PM

Actually what she said to her was " you look like a tranny". Paulina is nasty.

by Anonymousreply 284November 14, 2022 2:39 PM

Fuck this crazy bitch has been calling herself invisible since 2010. Google it! I thought she just started whining this year.

by Anonymousreply 285November 14, 2022 2:59 PM

10 years of saying " I'm invisible" is nuts. I hate Twitter speak but this is my very first opportunity to use the phrase " We see you bitch". Because Paulina is not invisible, just very self pitying.

by Anonymousreply 286November 14, 2022 3:01 PM

R274 when trying to attract a man looks are all that matters. It's the starting point so no matter how well cultivated your personality you won't get anywhere. Hence a lot of women's and gay men's panic.

Her issue is that she hasn't realized how obnoxious and uninteresting straight men are. At her age, she should know better.

by Anonymousreply 287November 14, 2022 4:45 PM

With all of the money that she made from modeling, she can buy the best quality dildos and not concern herself with dating anyone.

by Anonymousreply 288November 14, 2022 7:11 PM

R288 actually creating her own line could be lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 289November 14, 2022 8:36 PM

It’s weird how, with all the accumulated wisdom of the world available to us, the losses you sustain as you age are still such a painful shock.

What was not mandatory was telling a reporter about her experience of it. No one likes to hear the laments of the rich or the beautiful. She could have said, “I’m so lucky to have had the career and friends that I did, and to be healthy now when covid has been such a hard thing for us all.”

Instead, she went with, “Men don’t fall all over themselves when I walk into a party anymore.”

Big surprise, you dolt!

by Anonymousreply 290November 14, 2022 9:38 PM

R287 and R290, but she had no problem with this fucked up system when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 291November 15, 2022 12:00 AM

What choice do women have R291 if they're straight? Women who become educated professionals still get dumped by their men for hot young women, they still get treated like dirt if they're ugly or old. It's just the way it is. She just needs to STFU about it

by Anonymousreply 292November 15, 2022 3:41 AM

When this happens to some of my lady friends I encourage them to get a lady partner or lady companion at least, but no, they like cock. So I watch them go through so many humiliating relationships with younger men. The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone.

by Anonymousreply 293November 15, 2022 4:00 AM

[quote]With all of the money that she made from modeling, she can buy the best quality dildos and not concern herself with dating anyone.

For insecure women like Paulina, it's sure not just about sex, you have to understand, [bold]her entire world revolved around her looks. It still does! [/bold]

Had she simply been an attractive woman, with a functioning brain, a great personality and real charm, especially if she was a CEO or some sort of businesswoman, she wouldn't be taking her fall to this absurd level. Paulina hasn't cultivated anything but her looks.

Same for very attractive hot gay men, to be dumb and cute when you are young seems to be acceptable, but when you are still dumb and untalented as you age, well....who wants to deal with that?!!

People don't spend 100% of their lives having sex. Unless these people are sex workers, you have to talk to your partners and your friends. Most normal people are well rounded, they have interests beyond their mirrors. Its obvious Paulina is not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 294November 15, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] People don't spend 100% of their lives having sex

Some gay men come pretty close

by Anonymousreply 295November 15, 2022 7:04 AM

I think Paulina is a 30 minute person. That is, for 30 minutes she's interesting. But being with her for 31 anyone with a brain would start looking for the exit. Fortunately for her popular media reports on people are rarely longer than that time so she can keep recycling herself over and over.

by Anonymousreply 296November 15, 2022 10:23 AM

She's depressed and anxious. Lots to feel depressed and anxious about in the evil times we live in.

by Anonymousreply 297November 15, 2022 11:45 AM

When you look like she did, it’s probably pretty hard to let it go. Imo, she was the most beautiful and versatile of the supermodels, as is evidenced by her gorgeous Estée Lauder campaign and her Sports Illustrated swimsuit covers…

by Anonymousreply 298November 15, 2022 1:11 PM

She was given a leading role in a movie opposite Tom Selleck. (It bombed hugely). Very few models are given an opportunity of that enormity.

by Anonymousreply 299November 15, 2022 3:52 PM

LA Times Review of Her Alibi

Porizkova, who was delicately ingenuous in “Anna,” gives exactly the same reading here. To many it may not even matter. She can also be found riding bareback, bounding on a trampoline or slipping into a bath towel--simply watching her in motion is a jaw-dropping sight. Her lifelong complicity with cameras has relaxed her utterly; put her in front of one and she moves her long, long legs and arms with a floppy doll languor that’s enchanting. But after quite a lot of this, even the most undemanding fan may want a bit more: a characterization perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 300November 15, 2022 6:43 PM

It's exhausting just [bold]reading [/bold]about this loon, can you imagine hanging with her?!!

by Anonymousreply 301November 16, 2022 4:13 AM

Paulina's odd tits were on display in this film. I think the actor in this pic is Thomas Jane.

Paulina was awful in this film and naked quite a bit.

Paulina was very thin in this film and her boobs were saggy, she probably got them done afterwards, because they look perkier now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 22, 2022 4:18 AM

bump those droopy titties

by Anonymousreply 303November 22, 2022 6:00 AM

Here is what men do when they find women sexually attractive: they overpraise them, calling them “smart”, “talented” and so on. It’s the, “you make my dick move so I think you’re great” idiocy that straight men have been enforcing since forever.

You no longer make their dicks move, they drop you like a hot potato. What women like Madonna and Porizkova need to understand is that while they played to the dicks of men, they were not in control, they were only following the rules men made. I don’t blame them for not knowing that when they were young, but as old/er women, come on !!

by Anonymousreply 304November 22, 2022 3:08 PM

Paulina, Emily Ratajkowski, and Ashley Graham should just consolidate resources or unionize as disgruntled models who are sick of people talking about their appearance whilst churning out content about their appearance, face, body, tits, etc.

by Anonymousreply 305November 22, 2022 4:47 PM

Yet, Paulina, Emily Ratajkowski, and Ashley Graham are the ones ALWAYS talking about their looks! They cannot have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 306November 22, 2022 5:04 PM

Posting thirst traps again. She is still beautiful and fit but there is something revolting and pathetic about her.

by Anonymousreply 307March 13, 2023 6:19 PM

R302 that's just how some normal breasts look. Cf. any p0rn pre-1990s.

Implants, photoshop and filters have completely warped peoples' view of normal human bodies.

by Anonymousreply 308March 13, 2023 6:24 PM

No way is she invisible. She just wants attention.

by Anonymousreply 309March 13, 2023 6:24 PM

R304 and conversely there’s a sort of de-gendering and de-humanising that goes on in the male brain when you’re a woman who they (straight men) don’t want to fuck.

Like if you're lucky and if you're funny or loud or ladette enough they might treat you as 'one of the boys', but in their eyes obviously you still don’t warrant the same in group respect as another actual man does. And they will make it very clear in various insidious they don’t see you as a real person worthy of listening to or looking at, much less a worthy desirable woman. You get to just be Nothing, a sexless useless see-through blob.

It's the same phenomenon that Eldergays here often complain of, except it's your entire life and it's half the population treating you that way, so...yeah it's a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 310March 13, 2023 6:28 PM

She's not invisible. She's just not of interest to most of the straight males she meets. If she hung out with regular men her age and older she'd be very visible. Her whole life was based on being hot and now that won't work anymore. Oh boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 311March 13, 2023 6:36 PM

So what do women who are the same age as the older men Paulina are getting attention from supposed to do? R311

by Anonymousreply 312March 13, 2023 7:30 PM

R310 so ignore them in return. I never understood wanting respect from a group of people who will go only converse with you if they find you fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 313March 13, 2023 7:36 PM

R313 because it's not just about sex for people who aren't straight men.

It's easy to live a lifestyle without encountering this if you're not sexually attracted to men and you don't have to work alongside them or live with them. A lesbian lifestyle really is the answer.

However, if like most people you are forced to deal with them in any capacity at work or home, it makes life really difficult. The point is that men don't pay attention to or show any respect unfuckable women or gays, period, even when a modicum of non-sexual respect and attention would be warranted to do a job or run a home. It's like these men have literal blinkers or pixelation or white noise filters going on to anything in the world that they don't want to stick their dick in.

by Anonymousreply 314March 13, 2023 7:52 PM

R312 the choices for unpartnered or unfucked middle aged women are asexuality or lesbianism if they’re lucky enough to swing that way. That’s literally it.

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2023 1:26 PM

I am now completely invisible

That sounds like the lamentation of a Datalounge Eldergay ( 40+ )

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2023 1:43 PM

I know women who will blame a whole city for not having willing men rather than blaming their own personality. I know a number of fairly plain middle-aged women who can attract men of a range of ages in bars by being outgoing, starting conversations — not a mopey bump on a log wondering why no one is fawning over them. Some people get a lot better looking as you speak with them.

by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2023 1:53 PM

*not by being a mopey bump on a log

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2023 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!