Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew Garfield wasn’t cast in The Chronicles of Narnia because he “wasn’t handsome enough”

Did you know that Andrew Garfield almost starred in Disney’s Chronicles of Narnia franchise before Ben Barnes landed the role? Both Andrew and Ben auditioned for Prince Caspian and were down to the final two together.

Of course, Ben ended up landing the role (and totally nailed it, too!) However, Andrew just told the story of why he did not end up getting the role.

“I remember I was so desperate. I auditioned for Prince Caspian in ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ and I thought, ‘This could be it, this could be it,'” Andrew recalled (via Variety). “And that handsome, brilliant actor Ben Barnes ended up getting the role. I think it was down to me and him, and I remember I was obsessed.”

Andrew said he went to his agent to ask, “'Why not me?' She eventually just broke under my incessant nagging and she was like, ‘It’s because they don’t think you’re handsome enough, Andrew.'”

“Ben Barnes is a very handsome, talented man,” Andrew said. “So in retrospect, I’m not unhappy with the decision and I think he did a beautiful job.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 12:52 PM

Fag!

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2022 3:43 PM

Garfield has had a better career since the flop which was Prince Caspian.

He may have lucked out.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2022 3:44 PM

Peter Pevensie has a six pack now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2022 3:56 PM

The Agent lied to spare his feelings! Neither one of these men looks all that good.

Here's the real scoop: It was coming down to a coin toss until one of the women in the audition room smelled cum on Garfield's breath. That was when they decided to go with Barnes.

The decision had nothing to do with Garfield being gay but because the fucker can't admit he's gay and can't control his impulses. The woman said to the directors: "Garfield must have just blown somebody in the parking lot. Fuck that fag!"

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2022 4:11 PM

The Chronicles of Narnia were a Disney production?

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2022 4:14 PM

“that handsome, brilliant actor Ben Barnes...I was obsessed.”

Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2022 4:20 PM

I love Andrew

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2022 6:23 PM

He has the looks and closeted self loathing of Anthony Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2022 6:24 PM

I saw Ben Barnes trending on Twitter and thought he had come out.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2022 9:48 PM

Andrew just isn't a pretty, pretty princess like me

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2022 9:50 PM

I like this Andrew. I’m impressed with him.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]He has the looks and closeted self loathing of Anthony Perkins.

Did I speak too soon?

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2022 9:53 PM

Andrew G. has the much better career. He is handsome and was a way better Spiderman than Tobey M or the horrid twerp now.

Andrew Garfield was superb as Jim Bakker.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2022 9:57 PM

Yes, Garfield has the better career but Barnes is hotter. That means more.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2022 9:59 PM

Wait, someone really criticized Perkins for being closeted? It was the fucking 50s-80s. Are you a Gen Z?

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2022 10:00 PM

Casted

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2022 4:45 AM

[quote] Peter Pevensie has a six pack now

There was a poster here who claimed he hated anyone with the last name of Molesly or Molesley.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2022 4:57 AM

Andrew is superb. Ben Barnes, ehh.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2022 4:57 AM

I like Andrew, but his PR team needs to chill. These stories are nothing more than Oscar campaign ads.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2022 4:59 AM

Is Ben Barnes white?

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2022 4:59 AM

[quote]These stories are nothing more than Oscar campaign ads.

Which I hope he wins.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote]I like Andrew, but his PR team needs to chill. These stories are nothing more than Oscar campaign ads.

Blame him - he's the oversharer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2022 5:45 AM

I always found the guy who played Edmond hotter than the one who played Peter.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2022 5:53 AM

Easy for him not to hold a grudge against barnes considering where his own career went and who he has worked with since being rejected from this role. I’m sure he’s secretly quite happy he didn’t land the role in the Narnia kids film, a lot of work for nothing really, those films are hardly classics.

It’s like Ben afflecks recent admission that he was cast in the hunk role in Armageddon and look at the complexity of his characters now. I wonder if they have the same PR trying to get them Oscar nods.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2022 6:10 AM

His PR team is on full force these days.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 6:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 7:26 AM

Why does Andrew get a pass for working with Mel Gibson?

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2022 8:08 AM

He could have played Mr. Tumnus though.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2022 9:37 AM

He's a terrible actor. And ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 10:00 AM

Barnes is hotter. Shame about that ass, tho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2022 11:55 AM

I know he’s the internet’s boyfriend but I’m tired of hearing about him.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2022 11:57 AM

Andrew Garfield IS ugly. Weird elongated neck and face. His career is a complete mystery.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2022 12:06 PM

Ah, I think he is handsome enough.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2022 12:08 PM

Neither one is what I would consider "fine" but Ben looks a little better. Ben has better hair too.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2022 5:12 AM

Andrew is handsome, but… he just doesn’t look like a Prince Caspian, you know? Ben Barnes has a little more feminine look that suits the role.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2022 7:57 AM

LOL I'm all for the PR working way too hard. Andrew had already spoken about not getting the part, cus he was not good looking enough, back in 2016 but for some reason it was picked up now...

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2022 12:24 PM

Che brutta!

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2022 12:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!