Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The New York Times is NOT Impressed With Eric Adams SWAGGER

The last time NYC had a mayor with this much swagger Jimmy Walker was mayor and eventually he resigned in disgrace - according to the NYT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 22, 2022 3:42 AM

Nobody is impressed with the NY Times anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2022 4:17 PM

Jimmy Walker? Dy-No-MITE!

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2022 4:19 PM

Isn't the NYT owned by that fat Mexican billionaire?

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2022 4:21 PM

The former New York Times has been irrelevant for about 5 years. I canceled my subscription two weeks ago. I got tired of all the narrative they saw fit to print.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2022 4:24 PM

The absolute gall publishing this bullshit after years of normalizing Trump.

The NYTimes is shit and there isn't a single Democrat they aren't ready to set up for failure.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2022 4:27 PM

Oh goodness my great aunts or great great aunts used to hang out and party with Jimmy Walker's crowd. NYC was swinging. OT fun bit: a great or great great Irish uncle ran bootleg liquor with Owney Madden who owned the Cotton Club and a big chunk of boxer Max Baer.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2022 4:31 PM

Here's why this is bad for Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2022 4:32 PM

R7, basically everything that is going to happen in the next three years will be bad for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2022 4:35 PM

Much as I love the Pitchbot, we don't even need him anymore. The NYT is beyond parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2022 4:35 PM

I think this guy has potential to go far, he has an old-fashioned blue collar vibe about him that reminds me of early Bill Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2022 4:35 PM

R7, that's nothing. On yesterday's Spelling Bee clone at the link, I scored 173 words and 1244 points.

If you are too good the NY Times throws you off the game and makes you subscribe. I scored genius for about 3-4 days playing for free and then the site got all uppity and limited my play. Once I got a pangram immediately and that was it - threw me off. I need to see if clearly my NY Times cookie gets me back to square one with them for free play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2022 4:39 PM

Always thought that swagger from Walker (& other politicians) is so they can fill their pockets with our cash.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2022 4:43 PM

Became Vegan when diagnosed with Diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2022 10:13 PM

I wish he would shut the fuck up with his whole IM A NEW KIND OF DEMOCRAT!!!! shit. One thing is clear - he can't stop bashing other Democrats . It's almost tourettic at this point.

He's a total asshole and so is the school chancellor he brought in. He made all DOE personnel get on a phone call with him where he just talked about himself and his accomplishments for an hour straight. Something no other incoming chancellor has done before. He thinks he's going to shorten summer break to a month and get all students into a uniform. Like he did with his all boys Eagle Academy network where the average tests scores were just mediocre.

Both are self-obsessed idiots.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2022 10:27 PM

He’s never going to get parents to agree to a one-month summer break. Or the TEACHERS.

He might think that every public school family struggles to fill that time, but plenty of people send their kids to camp or go places during the summer. There are free public school programs for kids during the summer months for the people who need them.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2022 10:45 PM

That chancellor loves to hear himself speak. And he sounds like an uneducated idiot. AND he does all this speechifying with a Greek chorus of black militants who vocalize in assent after every grand pronouncement. It’s bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2022 10:48 PM

Is he doing anything?

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2022 11:13 PM

[quote]I think this guy has potential to go far, he has an old-fashioned blue collar vibe about him that reminds me of early Bill Clinton.

No. And you’re only saying this because he’s black.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2022 11:14 PM

He is a smug assholes who called essential workers low skilled. He also wants to force corporations to reopen by bringing back their employees to the office and end remote work. I regret voting for this piece of shit and I hope he is a one term mayor.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2022 11:26 PM

He hired his brother as a deputy mayor and a brother of the chancellor in a high ranking police police position. The NY Post who supported him may change their mind.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2022 11:28 PM

Well, R19, the reality is that there are jobs that are less skilled than others. Maybe not less important but certainly less skilled and less complicated with less responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2022 11:29 PM

It's so odd to see all these posters claim they've been lifelong readers of the NYT and yet they still don't seem to understand how opinion columns work.

[quote]that while he may go out at night with the boys, he wakes up in the morning “with the men.”

Oh god, you just know he describes himself as an "alpha male".

His attacks on working from home seem quite odd, I'd have thought NYC was best prepared to weather WFH than most cities, given how mixed most areas are in terms of commercial/residential.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote]Well, [R19], the reality is that there are jobs that are less skilled than others. Maybe not less important but certainly less skilled and less complicated with less responsibility.

Oh please. If a Republican said this, you’d have a meltdown. Stop being a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2022 11:36 PM

R16 Mmmmmm-hhhhmmmmm. Yes, lawd. I know dat's right.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 11:41 PM

Wait, he's black?

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2022 2:21 AM

It’s the whole reason you voted for him. ^

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 2:23 AM

I have to agree with the OP of another thread about Adams who referred to him as a CLOWN.

He doesn't come across as TOO BRIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 2:32 AM

Who told the school chancellor we the public want to hear what he has to say all the time. We have one asshole that we have to deal with constantly and we don't need another know it all douchebag mugging for the camera. I am referring to Eric adams. We knew less about the last school chancellor and it should stay that way. the next four years is going to be shit with those two egomaniacs. I can't tell who I hate more. New Yorker better find better candidates to run in the next mayoral race because it isn't fun getting stuck with Eric and school chancellor sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2022 2:34 AM

I like a man with swagger.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2022 2:35 AM

R29 it is easier to state when your mayor isn't the black lex luthor.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2022 2:37 AM

R30- The new mayor is more like ZOD in Superman II

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote] He is a smug assholes who called essential workers low skilled

That is not what he said - he is being misquoted by the moronic AOC. What he said is that if you don't have a good education, you're not going to get an office job these days.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2022 12:34 PM

The new mayor is hiring someone who has questionable ethics. I also read the mayor is hiring his brother for the job of deputy police commissioner. I don't know about SWAGGER but I can safely say this new mayor has a lot of STUPIDITY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2022 12:36 PM

He’s a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2022 12:52 PM

New York is beyond over at this point. It had a nice run.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2022 12:52 PM

The Times never had a good thing to say about Adams. Every article about him was negative.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote]“My low-skill workers, my cooks, my dishwashers, my messengers, my shoe shine people, those who work at Dunkin’ Donuts… They don’t have the academic skills to sit in a corner office,” Adams said as he signed the new Small Business Forward executive order to reform existing business regulations.

I think he meant people who work in these jobs as careers, not as a stepping stone to a career. It just didn’t come out clearly.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2022 1:04 PM

R36- New York magazine has said plenty of negative things about Adams as well.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2022 1:05 PM

[quote]He also wants to force corporations to reopen by bringing back their employees to the office and end remote work.

He's right about this too. If this doesn't happen NY will continue to be a shadow of what it once was.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2022 1:06 PM

Remote work is great.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2022 1:07 PM

He’s not correct about remote work.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2022 1:07 PM

He's absolutely correct about remote work. Just go to the area around Bloomingdales and you'll see what remote work does. Pretty much everything around Bloomingdales is closed and gone.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2022 1:10 PM

He's absolutely correct about remote work. Just go to the area around Bloomingdales and you'll see what remote work does. Pretty much everything around Bloomingdales is closed and gone.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2022 1:10 PM

I don’t think he’s correct about low-skilled workers either. I think it was in bad taste. They bring something to the table, but like Trump, who dislikes his own voting base, it doesn’t matter. They’ll still vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2022 1:11 PM

R32 he called essential workers low skilled. I watched his interview. R36 who can really have anything good to say about him at this moment. He keep putting his foot in his mouth. He needs a speech writer asap.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2022 1:12 PM

He’s not correct about remote work. I work remote and am way more productive as opposed to being in an office.

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2022 1:12 PM

Adams is an even bigger threat to the Times than Trump.

The Times' self-narrative is that they are enlightened liberals who are uniquely qualified to help working class black and brown New Yorkers (all while gentrifying them out of their neighborhoods with articles extolling the hot new neighborhoods in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx)

Adams' victory was those black and brown working class New Yorkers from the boroughs telling the Times that they are wrong and that they're tired of White Liberal Condescension.

"Defund The Police" was a perfect example of this, as outside of Twitter, it has proven incredibly unpopular with POC, especially those living in high crime areas. They don't want less police, they want more police, but just police who won't treat them unfairly.

And then there's Adams himself, who is a guy from the hood who worked his way up in the police department and is very, well, Black. Meaning he is not like Obama, who is someone Timesians could see themselves being friends with. Adams is someone who'd mock them and whom they'd be at a loss to communicate with, being as they live in such cloistered educated-wealthy-liberal bubbles.

OTOH, politicians like Adams are our best hope.

If the GOP is now the party of the white working class and the Democrats the party of the educated white meritocrats, we're sort of screwed-- there are far more of them than there are of us.

If Adams and his ilk can keep working class voters--Latinos in particular--in the fold, then this will be great for Democrats and is really our best hope. Progressives and Neo-Liberals both appeal to the coastal elite types and beyond mayor of San Francisco, you don't win too many elections with that coalition alone--too few people.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2022 1:13 PM

And I will guarantee you that the NYT makes a huge deal out of every minor act of corruption in Adams' administration because despite their protestations, they still see him and the people around him as inferior

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote]He’s not correct about remote work. I work remote and am way more productive as opposed to being in an office.

It has nothing to do with you personally, fuckwad. It has to do with the long term viability of cities.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Sorry blue deplorable. Name calling is all they do.

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Mr. Adams is out of his depth.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2022 1:23 PM

[quote]Name calling is all they do.

If the shoe fits then the shoe fits.

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2022 1:25 PM

[quote]And I will guarantee you that the NYT makes a huge deal out of every minor act of corruption in Adams' administration

So you mean they'll be doing their jobs?

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2022 1:25 PM

I see him as intellectually inferior, but he is terrifically smart in other ways. At least for now, I’m enjoying watching what he does.

NOT a fan of his schools chancellor pick; but if he doesn’t destroy the SHSAT system I’ll be mollified enough.

The NYTimes is bullshit. On paper, I’m their ideal target demographic, but my peasant genes recognize them as a naked emperor.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2022 1:28 PM

[quote]If the shoe fits then the shoe fits.

You’re right. And that’ll definitely help Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote]So you mean they'll be doing their jobs?

Like they didn't do with de Blasio. Phreet Bharara was investigating de Blasio for pay-to-play. The Times should have beat that drum much louder and much longer.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2022 1:29 PM

R56 So you admit they reported it, you just wanted them to editorialise it by repeating it?

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2022 1:32 PM

R54 what is exciting about his policies so far? He has been shitty so far and also hiring family members to unqualified positions.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote]what is exciting about his policies so far? He has been shitty so far and also hiring family members to unqualified positions.

Sounds like Trump, and of course, you have bizarro Trumpers support ling him.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2022 1:35 PM

*supporting him

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2022 1:35 PM

⬇️ is how tepid the NYTimes was with de Blasio's transgressions, r57.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2022 1:35 PM

Adams comes across as the mayor of a Ghetto city like Detroit or Newark, N.J.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote]shitty so far and also hiring family members to unqualified positions.

De Blasio's wife would like a word.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2022 1:37 PM

The NYT and Adams will be fun to watch. The NYT is into stories about increasing black diversity among chamber musicians. But Adams does represent the black community but not in a way they like. Adams needs to calm down though because it’s only a week and his act is getting old. Blacks are a dwindling minority in NYC so he needs to diversify the people around him. NYC is not Bed Sty.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2022 1:40 PM

R64 how does he represent blacks? I am black and even I regret voting for this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2022 1:50 PM

R61 And what would you rather they did?

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2022 2:00 PM

Seriously, R66?

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2022 2:01 PM

R67 Yes, go on.

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2022 2:02 PM

He's on local news every day. (I live in NJ.) Have you heard him speak? The man is an idiot. He's a great symbol for the inadequacy of New York's education system. His language skills are appalling.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2022 2:02 PM

R68, So you think journalism means to tepidly report on political wrong doing and then just move on? Let's see if they give Adams, a black man, the same treatment.

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2022 2:05 PM

He won’t last four years. Mark my words, this guy seems unstable. He’s too “extra”. Just get the work done.

by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2022 2:05 PM

R70 So, again, tell me what you think they should've done. Tell me what you think that report should've looked like.

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2022 2:06 PM

Eric Believes In Nepotism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2022 2:09 PM

We need more democrats like this guy. He's pro-business. He's not a pussy. He's not babying people with Covid or a bunch of progressive bullshit. Clone this guy and maybe Democrats will have shot in the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2022 2:09 PM

R71 - I thought the same thing when I heard he appointed his brother as deputy police commissioner this morning. He won't last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2022 2:11 PM

lol^

I was just going to say in response to R73, watch Democrats defend that, unlike they did with Trump, and along comes R74.

by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2022 2:11 PM

Well said, R47.

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2022 2:12 PM

I heard him not so subtly shading the Chicago mayor the other day. He's dyslexic and grew up disadvantaged. I give him props for having the grit to achieve a (sub-par) higher education. I'm sure he's capable in many ways but the way he speaks, he comes off of average intelligence as best. I think like many dyslexics he reads people and this guy probably plays people. He's an operator.

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2022 2:12 PM

He is the black Trump. I supported Garcia and jumped to Sliwa.

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2022 2:14 PM

The helmeted guy in a suit riding a citibike is “swagger”?

The Times is phoning it in from an audience taping of Good Times in 75.

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2022 2:17 PM

You rang R76? I'm not sure what your post is about. I don't care that he hired his brother. Why should you? And if I were alive back in the 60s, I wouldn't have cared the JFK hired his brother. So what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2022 2:20 PM

NY Times wanted Wiley, so they will not be making Adams’ life easy.

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2022 2:23 PM

You care about Ivanka, Don Jr, and the other one though^.

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2022 2:23 PM

NYT endorsed Garcia, no?

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2022 2:24 PM

R83, you don’t know that. Sure, many did care when Trump did that, but just as many didn’t give two shits so stop making assumptions about people.

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote]you don’t know that.

😉

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote]You care about Ivanka, Don Jr, and the other one though^.

Please link to any comment that I made about Trump's kids. Other than a random comment here and there about Ivanka and Jared being out of their league and some bad coke jokes about Jr.

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2022 2:28 PM

I'm the poster who told everyone that Adams was going to win, and the one who posted, much to many people's chagrin, that he did win, even when the ranked choice tabulating was going on. The reason is: I work with Adams. Not in a major capacity but I' know what's going on for the most part.

The Times hates Adams. I have been interviewed three times now by Times reporters for stories and each time the reporter has either intentionally or unintentionally made it clear that all they want is dirt. You say something nice and quotable, they angle for the mean and quotable. They're relentless, they're angry, and they don't want Adams to work out.

When covering people like Trump, the Time still plays the ancient he-said she said game. But when covering people like Adams, who has never played the Times game and threatens their core belief system, they have no interest in so-called "fairness." They just want to bury him and get one of their own inside Gracie Mansion.

Luckily, as this thread shows, many people are on to the Times' games.

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2022 2:28 PM

...as opposed to the cardboard cutout that was Bill DeBlasio?

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2022 2:30 PM

[quote]Other than a random comment here and there about Ivanka and Jared being out of their league and some bad coke jokes about Jr.

Then I’ll anticipate similar comments about Adams’ nepotism from you.

by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2022 2:31 PM

DeBlasio was a waste of space. What ever happened to the billion dollars of mental health money? Are we just going to let that slide? What an egregious scandal that just went away without a peep.

by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2022 2:35 PM

If the brother turns out to be a coke head or out of his league, sure. But I'm not sure why you're making this about Trump. The President of the United States is not the Mayor of New York, and the two roles cannot be compared. But, more importantly, Trump is no longer in office let him go.

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]If the brother turns out to be a coke head or out of his league, sure.

Kween, not sure. YES. You need to stop being a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 93January 8, 2022 2:37 PM

R88 you shouldn't be commenting since you are biased. You work for him so it is expected you will defend his shitty policies.

by Anonymousreply 94January 8, 2022 2:50 PM

Chirlane = grifter extraordinaire

by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2022 2:52 PM

The only people who don't like this guy are whack-job AOC progressives, liberals who think they know what's best for everything, and racist. What a great trio.

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2022 2:52 PM

R96 you are a moron. People who dislike him also hate AOC. You won't admit this guy is a fuck up so your opinion is mute.

by Anonymousreply 97January 8, 2022 2:57 PM

And all the people who upvoted/WW him, R94.

by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2022 3:03 PM

AOC vs Adams

AOC's myth is that she is this wise-cracking Latina from Da Bronx who was working as a bartender and then challenged the incumbent. Congresswoman JLo, if you will.

AOC's reality is that she was raised in a nice middle class town in northern Westchester (they moved there when she was 5) and "Sandy Ocasio" went to the (very expensive and private) Boston University. She is very smart and well-spoken, held a number of leadership positions in college, etc. Timesians are very comfortable around her and vice versa because she's been around people like them her whole life, likely even has friends in common with the younger ones.

Adam's myth and reality is that he was a kid from the projects who straightened himself out by becoming a cop and rose through the ranks. He attended John Jay College, a city school that specializes in criminal justice. Timesians don't really interact with people like him and vice versa and thus do no know what to make of him.

Similarly, while they may despise Trump, the speaks their language (when not on stage) and no doubt reminds them of the fathers of some of their friends growing up or from college.

by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2022 3:04 PM

^^AOC's stepfather died while she was in college and that threw her off the path she was otherwise taking, hence the bartender job despite having a degree from a very good college.

by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] People who dislike him also hate AOC.

Yes and no

Racists hate them both.

Progressives hate Adams, love AOC.

by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]Racists hate them both.

That’s it, huh?

by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2022 3:08 PM

Apparently liberal white people have a visceral dislike of working class Black men.

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]Apparently liberal white people have a visceral dislike of working class Black men.

Why didn’t you capitalize white?

by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2022 3:15 PM

R82- As I said earlier New York magazine doesn't like Adams either.

by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2022 3:32 PM

R82- The NYT did not want Wiley they endorsed Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2022 3:49 PM

Adams seems to have basic decency which was lacking in the hideous DeBlasio and his grifter wife.

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2022 4:30 PM

Good thinking R94 -- if someone works for the subject we're discussing, and openly reveals it, he might be somehow be coloring the conversation in ways that paranoid people might not be able to tell.

by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] you are a moron.

[quote]so your opinion is mute.

I so love irony!

by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2022 5:51 PM

As r33 pointed out, he also hired Phil Banks as Deputy Mayor for Public Safety. Banks was reportedly at police headquarters the other day telling people they’re fired, including the head of Internal Affairs, which played a role in investigating Banks for corruption. Before Banks was allowed to retire, he was thisclose to getting arrested along with his two compatriots who were ultimately convicted and jailed.

Banks also issued a public apology (in written form) for his past indiscretions.

Not off to a great start.

by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2022 5:56 PM

R16- The mayor sounds like an uneducated idiot too.

by Anonymousreply 111January 10, 2022 6:05 PM

I’m not saying it’ll last but the Daily News poll has Adams approval rate at 63%.

by Anonymousreply 112January 19, 2022 2:05 AM

R112- Is that high or low for two and half weeks in office?

by Anonymousreply 113January 19, 2022 2:10 AM

He is a bit much....I do not like the idea of hiring his brother..That was not a great move....imho..

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2022 2:12 AM

It’s pretty decent for an politician to be above 60. I thought some of his missteps would cost him.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2022 2:19 AM

this guy won't make it through the 4 years. He is not ready for prime time. Has already committed a series of gaffes that expose him as an incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2022 2:22 AM

Eric Adams seems super sketchy. When he leaves office, there will be a shit load of investigations into him and his brother and half of his administration.

Right away, going into his term, he's not even trying to appear above board.

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2022 2:26 AM

R117- Why don't the investigations begin NOW?

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2022 2:43 AM

Everything rests on whether he is successful in dealing with street crime. If he manages that, a LOT of indiscretions, gaffes and missteps will be forgiven.

No idea whether or not he will, I guess its too early to tell, and I'm not in NYC. But if he doesnt, I agree, he likely will not even last the four years

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2022 3:16 AM

[quote] Why don't the investigations begin NOW?

I think there might be one already going on into his brother.

Most politicians are able to stall investigations until the end of their terms. This new District Attorney is the worst person for the job. He's recently doubled down on not arresting people and pleading down serious crimes.

NYC is going to get so out of control, the federal government will have to step in and start charging criminals.

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2022 4:16 AM

I like his swag and his Bronx accent (or is it Queens? whatever, I like it.)

by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2022 4:25 AM

The Excrement is Too Damn High!

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2022 4:55 AM

No matter how good or awful they are, the public loves to elect Democrats and then tear them limb from limb the moment they're in office.

In my opinion it doesn't matter one bit if it is deserved or not so the office-holder should make all the mistakes he can as well as generally avoid the law completely. It doesn't matter at all, but it's nice if they get good stuff done however they can do it!

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2022 6:36 AM

R121- I don't. He sounds kinda GHETTO.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2022 12:48 PM

You need to get out more r124. Go meet some working class people.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2022 3:27 PM

he tawks like the cop he is. Here he is speaking at a media event in the Bronx after an infant was shot in the face by a stray bullet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2022 3:44 PM

The "New York Whines" says so? --That's OK, bye, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 127January 22, 2022 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!