Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joy Reid may be disappearing from 7 PM slot

See link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2022 1:29 AM

As if that couldn't be a less reliable source OP...please do better next time.

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2022 10:33 PM

Good. Bring back Chris Matthews.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2022 10:35 PM

What are they going to do? I tolerate Joy. But with Brian gone and Rachel possibly cutting back, they don't have much of an evening lineup. MSNBC has some second-string talent, but not I am not seeing primetime talent...yet.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2022 10:39 PM

That's putting it nicely OP.

Gossip is that she was fired!

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2022 10:43 PM

If I am going to look at someone's face for 30 minutes, the person should be marginally attractive. There's a reason Candy Crowley is a correspondent and not an anchor.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 10:48 PM

She is an ignorant, hateful bitch. Be gone before a house falls on you.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 10:50 PM

I'm available and I've even got a name for the show, "An Hour With HRH The Duchess of Sussex".

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 11:06 PM

[quote]Also, similar to Cuomo, it appears those allies have found out she has been "less than truthful about past incidents"

Ooh, intriguing. You just know it's going to be linked to those blog posts.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 11:09 PM

No loss.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 11:11 PM

Poor Joy.

So many wigs. So little time.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 11:17 PM

I'm skeptical! This "scoop" is coming from a right wing news/media outlet that has 367 (!) followers on Twitter. The author of the tweet has liked tweets from the likes of Ann Coulter, Lara Logan, J.D. Vance, Meghan McCain and many other clowns.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 11:24 PM

Same here, R11. If you read the replies to that Twitter feed, it's mostly right-wing trash. Maybe this is true but I'll believe it when it comes from a legitimate source.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 11:30 PM

All of the old racist queens that populate the DL are furiously beating off their ancient puds at the mere prospect of this happening.

Careful gurls, you don't want to give yourself a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 11:39 PM

I hope it's true. She's horrible! I'll be sad when Rachel's show ends, as I think she's the best of the bunch. I would give whatever time slot she wants to Nicole Wallace and even try to see if some of the Circus hosts would like a show of their own.

Whatever happens, MSNBC is going through a lot of changes this year, and I'm not sure most will be good or popular.

But good riddance to bad rubbish, Joy Reid!

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2022 11:39 PM

A google search shows Joy is going to be fired every couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2022 11:43 PM

I don't watch Joy much but she's a passionate advocate and smart as he'll so is her husband. That tweeter is a right winger feeding his ignorant puppies.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2022 11:53 PM

A lot of people don't like a strong passionate smart black woman, who tells it like it is.

That's the mentality of DL. This site can really be garbage at times.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]A lot of people don't like a strong passionate smart black woman, who tells it like it is.

I think her dismal ratings are because she's just not very good.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2022 12:12 AM

She'll scream racism.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2022 1:35 AM

Hating that talentless, cheating hag is not racism.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2022 1:42 AM

Who's going to be the permanent host of the 11p show. The bald guy?

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Gurl, bye!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2022 1:54 AM

You say there is going to be an opening at 7PM on MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2022 2:00 AM

There are some who are great commentators but not so great hosts. They are very different skills.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 2:02 AM

[quote] A lot of people don't like a strong passionate smart black woman, who tells it like it is.

She doesn't tell it like it is. She lies and tells it like it isn't. How does an allegedly smart person deliberately do that unless she's just evil and greedy for money and fame?

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 2:07 AM

Please replace her with John Heilemann.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2022 2:09 AM

As no one watches MSNBC, no one will notice.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 2:10 AM

John Heilemann and Mark Halperin co-hosted With All Due Respect (2014–2017), a political analysis show on Bloomberg Television and MSNBC. I really liked it but I guess the ratings were horrible and it got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2022 2:12 AM

[quote] I don't watch Joy much but she's a passionate advocate

Not for gay people, she's not.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2022 2:15 AM

R29. She dosent have to be a compassionate advocate for anything.

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2022 2:20 AM

You mean the self-promoting liar (first Black woman to host a prime time news show, my ass; you are on in fringe time, Joy) who, at age 50+, acts and dresses like a chickenhead third-rate intern? The insecure, homophobic, first generation Americanized African who considers Black Americans inferior? Good riddance!

How anyone can consider Joy Reid a professional journalist is beyond me. She is an embarrassment, totally clueless half the time and faking it through the rest, all the while enthralled by the sound of her own sassy, fast talking voice. Bring Laura Coates to MSNBC; now that's class!

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2022 2:34 AM

Good. She’s a Uber woke, Anti Semitic , Homophobic, Racial , Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2022 2:36 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2022 2:37 AM

Looks like she's out the door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2022 2:48 AM

I wondered why she changed her look so drastically. I kind of felt bad thinking that because she looks so much better with relaxed hair and glamour make-up. She does get good guests and her commentary is good. Maybe she could swap times with Ari, who has also upped his game.

Though I bet they are all jockeying for Rachel's spot.

by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2022 2:52 AM

I can't stand this woman but she's not horrible looking.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2022 2:56 AM

Nicolle Wallace had best know she's skating on thin ice, too, and control the giggles and laughter in the midst of serious subject matter. Blonde, White woman privilege is out of vogue through the midterms and beyond; will the Schmidt/Wallace relationship endure?

Stephanie Ruhle, Jonathan Lemire and Craig Melvin are hopeless. Who put the fear of Good in Chuck Todd this week?

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2022 3:35 AM

If they get rid of Joy Reid, be prepared for the race card to get played. Yes, she’s horrible. Yes, they try to play up on “strong, black women,” and all that other shit, but she’s deplorable, hateful, and untalented. Time to throw out the trash.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2022 3:46 AM

Joy Reid is fine. Hope she stays.

Give Stephanie Ruhle the Brian Williams nighttime slot. I have finally warmed up to her ballsiness.

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2022 3:52 AM

The trolls are out in full force tonight. Reid, Melber and Nicolle Wallace all beat out the other networks in their time slots, with the exception of Fox. None of them are going anywhere. Reid is always featured in the special coverage nights along with Wallace and Maddow.

I do agree with R28 that John Heilemann should have his own show. His previous show with Mark Halperin, IIRC got cancelled when Halperin got involved in some scandal.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2022 3:58 AM

Advertisers and their shareholders cannot live on ratings alone, R40.

Do you recall the scene in Spike Lee's "Malcolm X" in which, with a slight hand movement, Malcolm controls an army of Nation of Islam adherents?

James Clyburn and Stacey Abrams demonstrated similar power in 2020. A crucial base is growing restless and frustrated, i.e. Black citizens are tired of being taken for granted by the Administration, the Democratic Party, the media, and by our fellow Americans. Remember Clyburn and Abram's galvanizing skills. Remember the Democratic party needs the Black vote.

We are not surprised by today's political upheaval, but remain incredulous in the face of the naïveté of those alleged compatriots to our cause. "It" can and is happening here. Now. But you no longer heed us, the canaries in the coal mine.

Wake up, MSNBC, and stop preaching *at* the choir. Promote and reward those in your ranks sworn to democracy, fairness and truth. There is a festering clog in the system. When even Chuck Todd gets a whiff of the malodor and shifts his perspective, you know something's amiss.

Not a troll,

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote] Reid, Melber and Nicolle Wallace all beat out the other networks in their time slots, with the exception of Fox.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2022 1:37 PM

Someone needs to promote that muscle hunk Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2022 1:44 PM

OP is the idiot who complained about a work training course he had to take about LGBT awareness, and was so stupid he actually linked to the work seminar, revealing his employer and/or HR program through the URL.

Of course, we're not employed at the same place he is, so we couldn't see whatever heinous PowerPoint slide it was that he linked to, and explaining this to him made him scream that we were all evil trannies.

So I 100% absolutely and completely believe that this fucking idiot of an OP believes the sketchy website he linked to. I don't think he's trolling, I think he's so irrevocably stupid that he honestly thinks everything he reads is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2022 1:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote] OP is the idiot who complained about a work training course he had to take about LGBT awareness

I find this idea offensive. Why would a workplace force you to take an awareness course on LGB awareness, on people's sex lives essentially?

WTF do they "teach"?

How about just have a policy that you treat all employees with respect?

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2022 2:38 PM

Good lord, R46! Sexuality does not equal sex. Do you think they are teaching proper anal douching techniques?

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote] Looks like she's out the door.

Looks like you’re a right wing idiot.

[quote] Raheem Kassam (born 1 August 1986)[1] is a conservative British political activist, former editor-in-chief of right-wing news outlet Breitbart News London, and former chief adviser to former UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage.[2] He has been described as far-right[3][4][5] and right-wing[6] by several media publications. Kassam formerly ran in the party's November 2016 leadership election before dropping out of the race on 31 October 2016.[7] He is the former global editor-in-chief of Human Events and most recently became the editor-in-chief of The National Pulse.[8]

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2022 3:09 PM

"My workplace forced me to take a quiz to prove I could tell the difference between a vers and a power bottom!"

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Whoever links to The National Pulse should be banned

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] Sexuality does not equal sex.

You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. I never gave a damn what they called it. Sexual preference whatever. And yes it is about sex. We are talking about sex. We are discussing how to treat someone because of who that person has sex with. Seriously, WTF!

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2022 4:33 PM

Yay!

I hate this fucking homophobic cunt.

Good motherfucking RIDDANCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2022 5:18 PM

Joy Reid probably has the most secure job of all at MSNBC. There is no way that MSNBC is going to fire the only black host it has during its evening lineup -- not in today's political climate and not with Rashida Jones in charge of the network. And if Reid were fired, she would undoubtedly be replaced by another black host -- probably someone like Tiffany Cross or Jason Johnson (who DataLoungers hate even more).

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2022 5:39 PM

Really, R51? Really?

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2022 5:42 PM

Velshi. Get Velshi in there. He’s fantastic. Commanding presence, smart, interesting.

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2022 5:49 PM

Velshi is a possibility for prime time. But is there more of a story of his weekday to weekend shift? Weekends are usually tryout tests or the graveyard...

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2022 6:09 PM

R53: Juanita Tolliver could slip into the 7:00pm vacancy as easily as blotting her lipstick.

Melber/Tolliver/Hayes/Todd could make for an interesting lineup. (Maya Wiley or one of the "Sisters In Law" might be considered for replacing Reid, as well.)

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2022 6:10 PM

Her wigs weren’t blonde enough!

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2022 6:14 PM

This bozo never deserved the prime 7pm slot. Move her back to Saturday mid-mornings when nobody is watching.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2022 6:16 PM

This bitch is so unlikeable, it’s nearly impossible to watch without needing to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2022 6:22 PM

Speaking of Ms, Witt. When did she start transitioning into Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2022 6:22 PM

[quote]Speaking of Ms, Witt. When did she start transitioning into Madonna?

Alicia Witt just killed her parents recently.

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]How does an allegedly smart person

“ALLEGEDLY” being the key word.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2022 6:28 PM

Alex Witt, numb nuts at R62.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2022 6:35 PM

Rashida Jones, r53?

by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2022 6:43 PM

I don't know why so many of you hate her. Aside from her slightly homophobic tweets from a long time ago, I think she's incredible. Talent, spirit, determination, and a true Democrat that is doing amazing work for the country.

None of us are perfect. I am a much better person as far as tolerance and understanding towards minorites. Things I have said and felt 15 years ago are not who I am now. The best thing we can do is try to be better people through education, contemplation and living.

by Anonymousreply 66January 7, 2022 6:52 PM

UGLY HOMOPHOBIC BITCH

by Anonymousreply 67January 7, 2022 7:20 PM

We won't have to see her collection of ugly wigs

by Anonymousreply 68January 7, 2022 7:24 PM

Good. That cunt.

by Anonymousreply 69January 7, 2022 7:25 PM

[quote]I think she's incredible. Talent, spirit, determination, and a true Democrat that is doing amazing work for the country.

Joy Ann Reid, posting as R66

by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2022 7:27 PM

I want to hear more in-studio gossip about how she's "unmanageable". You know she's probably a nasty bitch off-camera...demanding, ordering staffers around, and crying racism anytime she doesn't get her way. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote] Rashida Jones, [R53]?

Yes, Rashida Jones, the president of MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2022 7:57 PM

I loved Rashida in The Office.

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote] This bozo never deserved the prime 7pm slot. Move her back to Saturday mid-mornings when nobody is watching.

Won't happen. They did that with Al Sharpton years ago. They moved him from weeknights to the weekends (and replaced him with Ari Melber). More recently, they canceled Joshua Johnson's weekend show and moved him to Peacock. If they moved Joy back to weekends, there would be huge backlash, with black people accusing MSNBC of canceling or demoting all of its black hosts. There would be criticism that MSNBC relegates all of its black hosts to the weekend "ghetto." Joy would have to fuck up pretty badly to lose her 7 p.m. slot.

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2022 8:07 PM

Hopefully, Joy Reid's next "The Worst" will be about the trolls at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Maybe they should bring back Keith Olbermann to replace Joy, since he's the originator of The Worst Person in the World. You know, the bit that she pretends to have thought up on her own.

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2022 8:21 PM

Has she blamed Whitey yet?

by Anonymousreply 77January 7, 2022 8:24 PM

Good. Fire her into the sun. Fire all of these talking heads and makes these news networks including Fox etc. into quilting channels. We will all be better off.

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2022 8:46 PM

[quote]Aside from her slightly homophobic tweets from a long time ago, I think she's incredible. Talent, spirit, determination, and a true Democrat that is doing amazing work for the country.

Clearly you're not gay since you're apologizing for her homophobia.

But even so, her bigger sin was her LYING and poor attempts at a COVER UP. Pretending she was hacked, pretending she called the FBI, and then issuing a FAKE APOLOGY ("I don't believe I wrote those things") and then finally only actually apologizing to the Trans community but NOT THE GAY community.

And that's just the highlight version.

by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2022 8:59 PM

She was insufferable when Anthony Hopkins won the Oscar over Chadwick Boseman. Hopkins gave an amazing performance in The Father but Reid made it seemed like he stole the award. Boseman was good but Hopkins was way better.

by Anonymousreply 80January 7, 2022 9:04 PM

Have any of Joy's wigs issue a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 81January 7, 2022 9:33 PM

Bad things happen to bad people.

by Anonymousreply 82January 7, 2022 9:37 PM

They can replace her with Maya Wiley, another black woman. Wiley can then spend five whole hours a week predicting the complete ruination of Donald Trump is imminent. Just like she's been doing for the last six years. Maybe having Jason Johnson on as her "expert" Trump pundit.

by Anonymousreply 83January 7, 2022 9:46 PM

Is this really gonna happen? I don't want to get my hopes up.

BTW, Joy's new wig is the worst!

by Anonymousreply 84January 7, 2022 9:46 PM

I like Joy-she tells it like it is on her show. She calls Tucker "thumbsucker" creepy bow tie wearing Victor Orban loving fuckwad Carlson "Tuckems" and humiliates the POS so how can I not love her.

Yep. Lots of right wing trolls here. Now I don't love her homophobic past but Tuckems is far more homophobic. As most of the Fox line up and of course Breitbart . Pick your poison.

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2022 9:54 PM

I only like Ari Melber and that cute Egyptian guy.

Like the Semitic look apparently.

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2022 10:01 PM

They're doing a full court press to bring the reviled Gretchen Carlson on board.

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2022 10:03 PM

R74: Reid is not as popular among Black viewers and MSNBC hosts and correspondents as you (and she) imagine.

by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2022 10:05 PM

[quote]I like Joy-she tells it like it is on her show. She calls Tucker "thumbsucker" creepy bow tie wearing Victor Orban loving fuckwad Carlson "Tuckems" and humiliates the POS

Carlson's nickname for Joy Reid is spot on: "The Race Lady"

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2022 10:12 PM

R79, Clearly, you're a fucking twat. Tell my husband of 20 years that I'm not gay...

All I argued was that people can evolve.

by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote] Velshi. Get Velshi in there. He’s fantastic.

No he's not. He's Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote] Reid is not as popular among Black viewers and MSNBC hosts and correspondents as you (and she) imagine.

I didn't say she was popular. And I'm not a big fan of hers. But I don't think MSNBC would dare fire or demote the only black host in its evening lineup, unless something drastic happens. It would look bad for the network, regardless of how popular or unpopular Joy might be. Also, Joy has only been in the 7 p.m. slot for less than 2 years. By moving her back to the weekends, MSNBC would be admitting that it had made a big mistake. Also, with Brian gone and Rachel on her way out as a daily host, there's already a lot of instability in the evening lineup. Getting rid of Joy would only add more instability.

by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote] All of the old racist queens that populate the DL are furiously beating off their ancient puds at the mere prospect of this happening.

So you're defending a known homophobe? Good for you, dear.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2022 10:20 PM

Thank you asshole @ R91 for your bigoted and ignorant comment.

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2022 10:30 PM

R92 If she Joy Reid is really fired, management could always move Zerlina Maxwell’s Peacock show to MSNBC Primetime. I get the sense she is being groomed for bigger things anyway.

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote] Now I don't love her homophobic past but Tuckems is far more homophobic. As most of the Fox line up

Examples please?

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2022 10:34 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2022 10:40 PM

You all can stop the bickering and speculation, the spot will be MINE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]Now I don't love her homophobic past but Tuckems is far more homophobic. As most of the Fox line up

Actually Tucker Carlson regularly has out gay guests on his program. Jason Rantz is a regular. Douglas Murray.

And he often has out lesbian Tammy Bruce take over his show when he's off.

Would "The Race Lady" ever have a lesbian sub for her?

by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2022 11:07 PM

Stop saying she tells it like it is.

No, she does not. She regularly lies and cannot get basic facts right. Then she goes off on some hysterical and snarky tirade based on those lies.

This emperor has no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote]Yep. Lots of right wing trolls here. Now I don't love her homophobic past but Tuckems is far more homophobic. As most of the Fox line up and of course Breitbart . Pick your poison.

You know something? You can be against 2 things/people at the same time!!!! Pointing out Joy Reid's homophobia doesn't prevent you from pointing out Fox News' homophobia.

Try it sometime.

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote] They're doing a full court press to bring the reviled Gretchen Carlson on board.

There she is, Miss America...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2022 11:26 PM

R74 I would suggest you discuss Joy with some black people before you presume anything.

Back at LSA these are typical comments:

Joy Ann Reid isn't pro anything black. “Ados” or African, Caribbean, nothing. She is the ultimate conformist. She doesn't even seem proud of her heritage. Too busy licking yt America’s rear end hole. I could never relate to this bitch. Wannabe Gwen Ifill, she’d NEVAH. Someone get this bitch off television.

Good. She’s not a real journalist. Her takes were annoying and ill-informed. Her hair and makeup were never on point.

She's pro her black ass. She's a grifter and being a democratic shill pays well.

Joy Reid isn't fact based. She's selective opinionated commentary. She doesn't have anything in common with the average black woman. She's ivy league educated and in the top one percent. Her children attend private schools and she's married and resides in a well to do neighborhood. Yet, she spends her time reminding ADOS that their oppressed and can't achieve what she has done.

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2022 3:02 AM

I don't think she does a great job. She wants trash talk. Pelosi at the 92nd St Y did not give it to her, despite Joy's pushing. She does get good guests, though. She was very fortunate to get Chuck Schumer, who rarely provides interviews. I wanted to see him when he was on Maddow's show a couple of nights later but my cable went out after a power outage and I missed it. Reid was just inept, but she lucked out with that pushiness. Schumer is not used to interviews and she riled him up. Ultimately he ended up spilling the fact that moderate Senators including Angus King, Tim Kaine and one other person are talking to Manchin daily about how hard he is making to for them to run for re-election. I'm surprised it wasn't covered more because he dropped names and it was about their personal issue, not the public issue.

by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2022 3:19 AM

R102 threw up in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2022 3:30 AM

Cunt. She is a gay hating cunt, who got away with being a homophobic cunt, because she is black.

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2022 6:17 AM

Well, is she going or not?

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2022 2:14 PM

The funny thing about this thread and all the threads about Joy Reid is that you use her past comments to try and cloak your racism, but you're not being successful. Reid made some comments that didn't age well and is no longer that person. But some of you are going to ride that until the wheels fall off to cloak your real problem with her. Ultimately, this has nothing to do with homophobia and you all know it.

by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2022 2:25 PM

Can someone push her in front of a moving semi truck?

by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2022 2:54 PM

Is Juanita Tolliver the daughter of former ABC on-air journalist Melba Tolliver? IIRC, Melba was on Eyewitness News many years ago.

Melba was great, my parents watched her on ABC every day. I've always wondered what happened to Melba. Melba was one of the first Black female journalists regularly seen on a local news broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote]Melba was one of the first Black female journalists regularly seen on a local news broadcast.

No, that was Trudy Haines starting in 1965 on KYW-TV Philly.

by Anonymousreply 111January 8, 2022 3:43 PM

Where’s Eleanor Clift? We need people like her.

by Anonymousreply 112January 8, 2022 3:45 PM

Homophobic COON!

by Anonymousreply 113January 8, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote]No, that was Trudy Haines starting in 1965 on KYW-TV Philly.

Meant to say NEW YORK CITY local news.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 114January 8, 2022 4:29 PM

R108 is still running with that tired-ass race card. Listen cunt, there are plenty of powerful and successful black women who are admired -- AND manage to not have problematic, homophobic histories for which they cry crocodile tears of contrition once uncovered. Bitch, you are a damn, antiquated fool.

by Anonymousreply 115January 8, 2022 10:41 PM

CNN viewers are down 74% .. MSNBC is heading down the same road.

by Anonymousreply 116January 8, 2022 11:25 PM

And R115, who don't LIE (very poorly at that) when someone points out something they did that is probematic.

One more time for the slow like R108....... even if you want to "forgive" her homophobia and other bigotry, it's much harder to forgive her COVER UP and LIES about being hacked, talking to the FBI etc.

As they say, the cover-up is worse than the crime.

by Anonymousreply 117January 8, 2022 11:27 PM

R108, She certainly was that person when she reluctantly had to interview Pete Buttigieg when he was running for President. She was so condescending and flippant towards him. She couldn't hide her scorn as she tried to rush him through the interview so she could get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2022 11:59 PM

Oh listen, there is no bigger Pete fan than me, but if you want to call out Joy for being mean to Pete in his interview then you had better call out Rachel Maddow too.

And yes, many of you are using past comments to mask what you really don't like about Joy. I don't immediately jump to racism as a reason for anything, but some of the comments on this thread sound eerily similar to some of the comments on Twitter about this. Then you click on the accounts saying those things and they're filled with racist bullshit.

If it walks like duck...

by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2022 1:05 AM

We're talking about Joy, not Rachel R119. Plenty has been said about the way Rachel treated Pete, too and her distain because of how long it took him to come out.

But, the subject is Joy's homophobia, which has nothing to do with her race. Her homophobia has everything to do with why so many dislike her. She made homophobic remarks years ago and claimed someone hacked her acct. and only a year or so ago, her homophobia reared its ugly head. She hasn't changed one bit. So, if it walks like duck.........

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2022 1:16 AM

Team Joy

by Anonymousreply 121January 9, 2022 2:45 AM

R111, I had the privilege of dinner with Trudy Haines; smart, interesting, engaging, charismatic. The elusive 'it' quality. Beautiful and warm. A wonderful evening.

How about a show for the fabulous Juanita Tolliver? Sort of a '60 Minutes' meets 'Entertainment Tonight' with gorgeous Juanita at a Lucite desk with legs for days ala Mary Hart. Her political commentary is delivered with such nuance that I never take my eyes off her; the lone eyebrow raise, the subtle head tilt. A news/interview format with pop culture elements to attract younger viewers, and give the rest of us a break from the perpetual Trump/COVID/evil republicans/voter suppression topics featured day after day on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 122January 9, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote] if you want to call out Joy for being mean to Pete in his interview then you had better call out Rachel Maddow too.

She was.

by Anonymousreply 123January 9, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote] [R108], She certainly was that person when she reluctantly had to interview Pete Buttigieg when he was running for President. She was so condescending and flippant towards him. She couldn't hide her scorn as she tried to rush him through the interview so she could get it over with.

Reid was so reluctant that she's invited him on her show 5 or 6 times now. She continues to invite him back. Because of the format of the show, Reid often pressed for time

[quote] But, the subject is Joy's homophobia, which has nothing to do with her race. Her homophobia has everything to do with why so many dislike her. She made homophobic remarks years ago and claimed someone hacked her acct. and only a year or so ago, her homophobia reared its ugly head. She hasn't changed one bit. So, if it walks like duck.........

Actually the subject of the thread is a false rumor started by a rightwing troll/convicted felon. [quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 9, 2022 5:37 PM

R122, I was not that impressed with her until very recently. I think she's often on Ari Melber's show and has not been that interesting to me. But she was interviewed recently on a show that she is not often on (Laurence O'Donnell's maybe) and she was thoughtful, articulate and nuanced in response to the questions. Very good interview. I'd want to see more of that and then see what she could do with her own show.

by Anonymousreply 125January 10, 2022 12:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 10, 2022 12:25 AM

[quote]Good. Bring back Chris Matthews.

HA!

NO, never. He's a relic of the past, and an asshole to boot.

by Anonymousreply 127January 10, 2022 12:36 AM

Someone just needs to throw a bucket of water on her.

by Anonymousreply 128January 10, 2022 1:58 AM

Do my ears deceive me? Did I just hear Nicolle Wallace welcome Simone Sanders (and her new show!) to MSNBC?

I

by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote] Do my ears deceive me? Did I just hear Nicolle Wallace welcome Simone Sanders (and her new show!) to MSNBC?

Weekend show and streaming.

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2022 8:21 PM

Is she still around?

Joy can always start a Youtube channel. We'll see how popular she really is.

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2022 9:58 PM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] How anyone can consider Joy Reid a professional journalist is beyond me

Reid was hired more as an actress then an activist. MSNBC did the same thing with Ed Schultz, To play the part she did a 180 on her opinions of record about several "progressive" issues. The only thing legitimate about her is her racism

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2022 9:59 PM

Wasn't there an MSNBC host named Krystal Ball?

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2022 10:00 PM

Joy Reid was much better in her weekend show. Since she got the PRIME 7PM spot, she's been an idiot. She's probably forced to do all the flashy stupid stuff because she didn't used to be like that.

by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2022 10:05 PM

That was the most sociopathic Miss America win I've ever seen. I think there was even a book out by one of the judges that year in which he was shocked that Carlson won; that she was definitely not ready for prime time. Pun (?) intended.

by Anonymousreply 136January 12, 2022 12:35 AM

What in the hell are you talking about, R136?

by Anonymousreply 137January 12, 2022 12:38 AM

I think R136 is referring to Gretchen Carlson and her Miss America win.

R136 is also correct in that one of the judges did write a book about his experiences being a preliminary judge there, and judging the Cannes Film Festival a few months earlier. He was not happy that the final night judges chose her to win, and called her "Miss Piggy" in his book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 12, 2022 1:29 AM

Does she have an OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 139January 12, 2022 2:36 AM

R137 I had trolled that MSNBC was trying to recruit Gretchen Carlson R87 - you know to put on up against Tucker, in the Carlson viewing wars. Someone posted a video of her Miss America win R101. I guess R136 had a very delayed response.

Thank you R138. I'd never heard that backstory. She is a pig, in all respects.

by Anonymousreply 140January 12, 2022 5:52 AM

Gretchen Carlson? YUK. She's not likable at all. Are they trying to compete with the Fox Bimbo look now?

by Anonymousreply 141January 13, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] Reid was hired more as an actress then an activist. MSNBC did the same thing with Ed Schultz, To play the part she did a 180 on her opinions of record about several "progressive" issues. The only thing legitimate about her is her racism

1. After graduating from Harvard in the 90s, Reid worked as a tv journalist in the 90's. She also wrote about politics, including as a political columnist for the Miami Herald. MSNBC brought her on because of her coverage of the killing of Trayvon Martin. She's not now nor has she ever been an actress. She was hired to be a tv journalist, because she was qualified for the job.

2. You're pretending that the majority of the country didn't oppose gay marriage until fairly recently. Republicans continue to fight against gay rights. They vast majority of white voters vote Republican. Yet white Republicans are credited with having evolved,

3. Your definition of racism = nonwhites speaking out against white supremacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 13, 2022 3:44 AM

Team Joy

by Anonymousreply 143January 13, 2022 3:45 AM

Team Joy? More like Team Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 144January 13, 2022 4:02 AM

It's really hard to believe that Joy has such a stan who feels the need to defend her against any criticism and start calling anyone who doesn't worship her a racist.

by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2022 1:57 PM

It calls for no thought, R145.

by Anonymousreply 146January 13, 2022 2:34 PM

Well your dad NEVER disappeared from my 1 BM slot, OP.

by Anonymousreply 147January 13, 2022 2:39 PM

Human nature. The less substance available to defend the more the more shrill and disjointed the defender comes.

It really doesn't matter of Joy keep the job or is replaced. Unless this a good deep overhaul of MSNBC operations and philosophy her replacement would be yet another race baiter along the lines of Joy or Rev Al.doing all they can to keep racial tension and mistrust high among their viewership.

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2022 2:40 PM

I don't care who's on MSNBC, but I hope they get rid of the plastic surgery nightmare shit for brains Yasmin Bassoobian (whatever). Just one look at that fugly mug is barf inducing. Her hosting skills are worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 13, 2022 2:57 PM

R85 “tells it like it is” you mean when she told everyone on Twitter how much she hates us ‘homosexuals’ and how anti Semitic she is? She can dish it but can’t handle the heat when it touches on her ghetto ass. She’s a blowhard who is one sided. She ripped the Oscars apart (a VOTING system who has opinions which is how each member casts a vote) calling them RACISTS (such a throw away word of the Uber woke) because they didn’t give HER pick of a BLACK MAN “his” award. How’s this, whomever does the best job and the voters decided is the winner? If we could vote that inflammatory racist ugly wig wearing bitch out of TV, I’d commit voter fraud by casting votes for all my deceased relatives. Fuck JOYLESS Reid.

by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2022 12:30 PM

They will be able to hire seven people when they eliminate her wig budget.

by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2022 4:34 PM

Gee, r150, she seems to get under your skin.

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] Good. She’s a Uber woke, Anti Semitic , Homophobic, Racial , Cunt.

[quote] R85 “tells it like it is” you mean when she told everyone on Twitter how much she hates us ‘homosexuals’ and how anti Semitic she is? She can dish it but can’t handle the heat when it touches on her ghetto ass. She’s a blowhard who is one sided. She ripped the Oscars apart (a VOTING system who has opinions which is how each member casts a vote) calling them RACISTS (such a throw away word of the Uber woke) because they didn’t give HER pick of a BLACK MAN “his” award. How’s this, whomever does the best job and the voters decided is the winner? If we could vote that inflammatory racist ugly wig wearing bitch out of TV, I’d commit voter fraud by casting votes for all my deceased relatives. Fuck JOYLESS Reid.

[quote] Where will these ugly smelly things live and work? We can’t house AMERICANS now we have them barging into the country? They probably aren’t vaxxed and smell like rice, beans and body odor. Honestly it’s ridiculous they’re coming in like they own the place. Not our problem they live in filth yet keep making babies instead of trying to overthrow the corrupt government .

[quote] None of them are remotely fuckable. They’re short with block heads and they’re smelly. They’re baby factories and have no necks. I fucking hate migrants from south of the border. Fuck I hate any of them. I’m sick of trying to care for them when they’re not doing jack shit to help themselves. Stop making more useless kids.

[quote] Set a trap so they can’t come here, tell them they need to work. And be vaccinated. And sterilized to not make more ugly South American block head short dirty looking babies. I hate migrants because we have to act like they’re future presidents and doctors when we are inheriting south of the borders lowest forms of people. They are rewarded for breaking the law to enter here yet they refuse to try to speak English or become a citizen. Just push more paychecks out all on our dime. I can’t save for a car but they can get handed apartments. I hate them and hope they’re bombed.

[quote] Yes R26 preach! We all feel it but we’re too afraid to voice it for fear of being called uncaring. They won’t work yet we have jobs waiting to be filled so make them work and get vaccinated and fixed like the rabid baby factories they are. They will not be coming back here in caravans when they see we mean business. No more freebies.

[quote] Ice Cube Walks Away from $9M Paycheck Because He Won't Get Vaccinated He’s an anti Semitic racist so let’s hope his unvaccinated ass gets delta and he’s on a ventilator

[quote] Ice Cube Walks Away from $9M Paycheck Because He Won't Get Vaccinated Yeah let’s take medical advice from a ghetto drop out who murdered for street cred and gets high since he was 11. Fuck this noise. Hope his kids get it and then he looks like the Tardo anti vaxxer he is, also when he gets it and he’s unable to rap his crap “music”, he can finally shut the fuck up on a ventilator. He’s spewing racist shit about Jews because he’s Nation of Islam. Racist asshole. ‘Rona needs to find this fucker. He’s a pussy scared of a needle. Mr hang banger can’t handle a tiny prick (literally and figuratively).

[quote] Kaepernick compares NFL combine to slavery Race diving scumbag! Slaves wish they had it as “hard” as NFL Players. He’s going to cause a civil F***ing war With his hatred and lies. And his fro sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote]They will be able to hire seven people when they eliminate her wig budget.

Have you seen her wigs? They're Dollar Store material.

by Anonymousreply 154January 17, 2022 12:05 AM

yawn

by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2022 12:06 AM

[quote] Have you seen her wigs? They're Dollar Store material.

I believe the correct term is "ratty korean wig."

by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2022 5:08 AM

[quote] I believe the correct term is "ratty Korean wig."

Nobody disputes how ridiculous and cheap they look, just that she has THOUSANDS

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2022 12:01 PM

R125, R150 tells it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2022 3:44 PM

TFG also calls her "Joyless." His second sentence begins with a grammatical error. It's bad enough that he doesn't know better, but worse that he won't listen to people who could have fixed that for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 17, 2022 10:52 PM

R159, does Donald lurk in this thread here at DL?

His "statement" is everything we say about Joy.

by Anonymousreply 160January 18, 2022 2:30 PM

[quote] [R159], does Donald lurk in this thread here at DL? His "statement" is everything proud moronic white supremacist trolls say about Joy.

Fixed!

by Anonymousreply 161January 18, 2022 6:43 PM

Joyless Reid.

by Anonymousreply 162January 18, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote]His "statement" is everything we say about Joy.

Speak for yourself, r160

by Anonymousreply 163January 18, 2022 8:08 PM

Team Joy=infiltrators from Lipstick Alley.

Gays know Joy is a homophobic cunt who lied and tried unsuccessfully to cover up her past homophobic comments.

by Anonymousreply 164January 18, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] 5 challenges 'Seinfeld' faces in connecting with viewers on Netflix Seinfeld had lots of non-white actors, and Blacks in roles like lawyers, judges, co-workers etc. It hardly stereotyped. PS Blacks are still 13% of the population according to the US 2020 Census.

[quote] 5 challenges 'Seinfeld' faces in connecting with viewers on Netflix Turn on the TV today. Based on the commercials and shows currently on, one would think 50% of America is Black. 2020 Census: 13% of US is Black. Slightly more than 1 out of 10 people.

[quote] 5 challenges 'Seinfeld' faces in connecting with viewers on Netflix Like the writers and SJWs trying to earn woke cred by these insane attacks on 90s shows for not being "diverse" enough.

[quote] Bill Maher: Democrats Can’t Win By Telling White People They Suck Blacks are still only 13% of the US Population. Keep making EVERYTHING about them, and see how well the Dems do.

[quote] Bill Maher: Democrats Can’t Win By Telling White People They Suck Yes and ALL Native Americans tribes were peace-loving people who never attacked each other or killed anyone.

[quote] ^^^ doesn't understand what identity politics means.

[quote] Not agreeing with you doesn't make one a "repug". You're so limited.

[quote] Bill Maher: Democrats Can’t Win By Telling White People They Suck Blacks are still only 13% of the population. Dames as 10 years ago. Not everything is about YOU!!

[quote] Bill Maher: Democrats Can’t Win By Telling White People They Suck R350 is a moron. R349 knows what time it is and why rational liberals are fed up with the Democratic party of today. Unfortunately, there isn't any party that is good :(

[quote] Another day, another Roxane Gay controversy No, it's been in use for decades. Just because Gen Z just learned about it or started using it (incorrectly) on social media doesn't change the fact that people who actually or saw the movie (or play) and understood the term have been using it for years.

[quote] Kim Potter GUILTY The # of black people killed by police has been at 150 for several years. 150. Not thousands, not even hundreds.

by Anonymousreply 165January 20, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote] Joy Reid may be disappearing from 7 PM slot Democrat that is doing amazing work for the country. Clearly you're not gay since you're apologizing for her homophobia. But even so, her bigger sin was her LYING and poor attempts at a COVER UP. Pretending she was hacked, pretending she called the FBI, and then issuing a FAKE APOLOGY ("I don't believe I wrote those things") and then finally only actually apologizing to the Trans community but NOT THE GAY community. And that's just the highlight version.

[quote] Joy Reid may be disappearing from 7 PM slot You know something? You can be against 2 things/people at the same time!!!! Pointing out Joy Reid's homophobia doesn't prevent you from pointing out Fox News' homophobia. Try it sometime.

[quote] Joy Reid may be disappearing from 7 PM slot And R115, who don't LIE (very poorly at that) when someone points out something they did that is probematic. One more time for the slow like R108....... even if you want to "forgive" her homophobia and other bigotry, it's much harder to forgive her COVER UP and LIES about being hacked, talking to the FBI etc. As they say, the cover-up is worse than the crime.

[quote] Joy Reid may be disappearing from 7 PM slot Team Joy=infiltrators from Lipstick Alley. Gays know Joy is a homophobic cunt who lied and tried unsuccessfully to cover up her past homophobic comments.

[quote] Sarah Palin - AOC & Kamla Harris Setting The Women's Movement BACKWARDS Broken clock etc. She is right about AOC, esp in the latest example.

[quote] Sarah Palin - AOC & Kamla Harris Setting The Women's Movement BACKWARDS The non-limited liberals among us understand that we can find fault with BOTH AOC and Palin at the same time. And, get this....... that we can also MOSTLY agree with someone yet still point out when they say something stupid or wrong, and even more astonishing, we can MOSTLY DISAGREE or even hate someone overall, yet still acknowledge when they say 1 thing that is correct or that we agree with. Try it sometime.

[quote] Living an echo chamber of MSNBC and NPR and ignoring what others have to say even if we don't like them is one of the defining factors of"intellectually limited" (and the equivalent of a child covering his ears and going "na na na")

[quote] Sarah Palin - AOC & Kamla Harris Setting The Women's Movement BACKWARDS R25 is so stupid that he doesn't understand that one can watch multiple channels (and I only see Fox news at the gym when it's on the screen already). Moron. You give liberals a bad rep. we're supposed to be smarter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 20, 2022 7:51 PM

Wrong!

by Anonymousreply 167February 16, 2022 2:35 AM

How did this woman get a show? She is stupid and venal. Unless it's all an act and she is just deceitful.

by Anonymousreply 168February 16, 2022 4:06 PM

Why do you think she got a show?

by Anonymousreply 169February 16, 2022 4:34 PM

WHy?

by Anonymousreply 170February 16, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote] Why do you think she got a show?

[quote] WHy?

Reid has a degree from Harvard and many yrs of experience; including her guest/pundit appearances and then all of the time she spent subbing for others. In other words she worked hard and earned it.

How did you ger your job sucking dick, down on the corner?

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2022 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!