Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KFC launches KFMc (Kentucky Fried Meatless chicken) 🚫🐓

Scientists spent years mimicking the tissue structure and muscle tendon of real chicken so you get just that right chew and resistance. Will you try it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 6:32 PM

Watch the scientist explain the meatless meat muscle tissue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2022 9:32 PM

What’s it made out of?

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2022 9:35 PM

Yum.

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2022 9:35 PM

R2, cats.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2022 9:38 PM

I try to avoid highly processed foods. I am a vegetarian but know to avoid these fake "meats" and "bacon", which are overly processed.

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2022 9:39 PM

Thank you, OP® for this informative and not at all a KFC® shill post.

KFC® food-type products are a treat for our fellow KFC® fans here on (insert website____).

I will look for this KFC® deal at my local KFC® today!

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2022 9:41 PM

"The popular fried chicken chain is counting on customers making healthier choices to fulfill typical New Year’s resolutions."

How is this healthier than chicken? It's still deep fried.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2022 10:10 PM

Fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2022 10:37 PM

and full of sodium! can't wait to try.

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2022 11:07 PM

It's comprised of wide, thick, juicy palm tree larvae.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 1:57 AM

I'm vegan and have zero interest is supporting KFC thank you very much. Vile company.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 2:21 AM

Most meatless stuff tastes, feels, smells like shit.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 2:27 AM

Just went there today after about a year.I was craving me some strips ! It was like chewing on a breaded,deep fried salt lick. I threw most of it away. No potato wedges either just put the nail in its coffin.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 3:01 AM

They made a big mistake ditching the potato wedges. Their new fries are totally unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2022 3:15 AM

Vegan junk food. I bet they fry it in the same oil they cook the chicken in.

The more mainstream vegan becomes the more unhealthy choices there are.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2022 4:53 AM

KFC has gone to hell in a handbasket. Vile just vile !

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2022 4:59 AM

People are fooling themselves if they think "meatless=healthy." All this shit is made in a lab through laborious processing and and chemical additives.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2022 5:00 AM

If you get breakfast at Wendy's they have these breakfast fries that are similar to KFC's potato wedges.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2022 5:03 AM

The woke agenda strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2022 5:21 AM

I’ll try this once if they throw in potato wedges. Those are already vegetarian!

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2022 6:10 AM

If they're fried in animal fat-derived oil, it ain't vegan or vegetarian. You're eating pig juice.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2022 8:13 PM

These fake meats will only last for a few years. Ultimately they will have their own special blend of taste and texture.

Think flowers v perfumes.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2022 8:41 PM

I am a vegetarian because I don't like the feel of chewing dead flesh, and I don't like the taste or smell of meat.

I am happy to eat a garden burger which is basically oats and vegetables and tastes good, but not like meat at all.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2022 8:49 PM

I already eat veggie chicken from the grocery store. It tastes great.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 8:51 PM

Who cares about the meat or fake meat? KFC is all about the batter. If they were really smart they'd make pancakes out of the batter and deepfry them. And do a vegan frying oil version too.

I'm so grateful we only had KFC twice growing up. They were huge events. The batter plus the mash and gravy and bread rolls. Our usual chicken place did none of that. That KFC shit looks so addictive. At least Subway has salad.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2022 12:54 AM

R20, those potato wedges weren't vegetarian. They had chicken flavoring.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2022 12:59 AM

And they were DIVINE R26 !

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2022 1:03 AM

Cluck no!

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2022 1:06 AM

Yummmm. Can they do a dirt version?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2022 8:13 PM

I liked the kfc and doughnuts

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2022 10:39 PM

You mean capitalism strikes again, R19. KFC is a business, and the only people their shareholders have any interest in pandering to are paying customers. They have zero motivation to do something like this outside of making $.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2022 10:48 PM

I tried the nuggets. They did do a very good job at mimicking the texture of chicken, but I don't know if my local one just doesn't know how to cook them because they were dry and clearly overcooked, or if that is just the way they are?

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2022 10:48 PM

Did KFC taste WAY better in the 80s/90s or is it just me? I remember that shit being like crack as a kid, the flavoured breading on the skin was so moreish it was insane. I've tried it twice since 2000, hoping to recapture that delicious childhood taste and it's honestly bland now. Salty and bland.

Someone told me fast food tastes worse in Canada because we have more regulations around food additives etc., I wonder if that's it?

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2022 10:50 PM

Do people like Extra Crispy or Original Recipe? I’ve always had Extra Crispy as a kid. Original Recipe is soggy and doesn’t seem like fried chicken.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2022 10:57 PM

Their cole slaw is wonderful. I always feel like Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces when I buy just that.

(one large cole slaw hold the chicken----between you knees)

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2022 11:01 PM

They used to have a secret menu side dish meal. I think it was 3 sides and a biscuit. Used to get it all the time. Cole slaw, mashed potatoes, then the 3rd was my wild card, green beans, mac and cheese, who knows what I might be in the mood for. No idea if they still have it, but I certainly want it right now.

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2022 11:12 PM

R32, I tried them, and they definitely weren't dry and over-cooked.

They were fine. They were okay.

The nuggets were HUGE though. Big squares Like, four bites each. They didn't fit in the dipping sauce containers. And six nuggets was EIGHT BUCKS. I'd feel a lot better if they cut them in half, so the rectangles fit into the dipping sauce cups and were only two bites each.... and eight bucks for TWELVE nuggets seems more reasonable.

The texture was mostly fine, but by the end of chewing, right before you swallowed, the texture sorta veered a little too close to 'clay' for my like. Also, the flavor was mostly fine (not FANTASTIC or anything) but there was a bit of a slightly off after-taste.

Still. I think it's really close. A few simple changes and it'd be even closer.

Would I buy the again? Probably not. Would I eat the if served to me? Sure.

They're fine.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2022 11:51 PM

The potato wedges were just so much better than the Kentucky Fries.

I also miss the original chicken littles (from the 80s), and their old dinner rolls (before they were replaced by biscuits).

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2022 11:52 PM

It's so amusing to read low-class people pontificate about greasy trash food as if it were haute cuisine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2022 2:10 AM

For the love of all that's holy, why can't they just find a way to make Original Recipe skin without the chicken?

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2022 2:21 AM

Go flog a servant and leave us alone, Sir R39. And yeah, R40, I was the one reminiscing about 80s/90s KFC taste and I remember I used to peel off the skin, eat that, and leave the chicken. I remember the chicken being gross/slimy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2022 6:38 AM

Beyond Meat plant-based chicken tenders contain:

Water, Faba Bean Protein, Breading (Wheat Flour, Rice Flour, Salt, Corn Starch, Pea Proteinᵗ, Canola Oil, Wheat Gluten, Paprika, Spices, Dextrose, Leavening[Sodium Acid Phrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate], Sugar, Sunflower Oil, Dried Onion, Dried Garlic, Yeast Extract, Natural Flavors), Breadcrumbs (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Sea Salt, Dried Yeast), Vital Wheat Gluten, Modified Corn Starch, Natural Flavors, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Pea starch, Methylcellulose, and 1% or less of Yeast Extract, Refined Coconut Oil, Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sodium Phosphates, Spices, Titanium dioxide (for color), Sunflower Lecithin. Contains: Wheat, May Contain Soy

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2022 7:00 AM

R41: 'Leave us to be admittedly disgusted by our food choices, you elitist!'

[quote] I remember the chicken being gross/slimy.

Perhaps it wasn't chicken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2022 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!