Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry and Meghan’s U.S. Charity Raised Less Than $50,000 in Two Years

OH, my sides! Couldn't bff Oprah fork over a random 100K or two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Wow. That's pathetic..

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2022 2:47 PM

It was a scam

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2022 2:49 PM

She just won that lawsuit (re: printing parts of her letter to her father) and was awarded... $1.36. She can contribute that!

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2022 2:54 PM

LOL R36

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2022 2:55 PM

The need to throw a ball. It will be the party of the century. They could raise a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2022 3:06 PM

I would imagine Oprah is distancing herself by now

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2022 3:08 PM

For all the self-important hooplah about Archewell, this is embarrassing.

Keanu Reeves should be the model of celebrity charitable foundations. He says he just lets the cancer charity do its own thing instead of plastering his name all over its endeavors.

Sussexes publicly proclaim themselves to be humanitarians, I mean who the fuck does that except for megalomaniacs?

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2022 3:42 PM

How shallow/mercenary/celebrity-obsessed are the US media? Oprah devoted two hours of prime time television to these non-entities and got an Emmy nomination for it despite limiting her research to watching The Crown. Time devoted a cover to the heads of a 50, 000 USD charitable foundation, accompanied by blather about boots on the ground. A few shipments of boots is about all their charitable foundation could offer.

The low fundraising royal isn’t a surprise really. Remember Harry having lunch with an Annenberg? Harry and Meghan’s idea of fundraising is asking one charitable foundation to donate to another. The scenario in this case was all the more absurd since a couple of dolts with no philanthropic experience or accumulated funds were asking an experienced philanthropist to donate her fortune to them.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2022 7:16 PM

OMG!!!

In the most recent poll outlining the popularity of members of the royal family in the United Kingdom, the public opinion of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took a steep nosedive to zero and -17 net approval, respectively. According to Express, the survey, conducted by Mail on Sunday and carried out by Deltapoll, consisted of 1,567 British adults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2022 7:30 PM

I'm too lazy to comment any further today.

Ryanair took a swipe at Meghan Markle after it was revealed she would only receive £1 in damages for invasion of privacy from the Mail on Sunday.

The budget airline took to Twitter to poke fun at the Duchess of Sussex saying: "Save that for our next seat sale Meg".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2022 7:34 PM

Harry's gotten quite fat in face and his beard is hiding a burgeoning double chin in the picture at r9.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 11:10 AM

Has Harry played any polo since moving to California? Wasn't polo mentioned as a possible reason for the move to their current place?

Has any polo been played since the pandemic? Or is it that H has not been invited to play?

Do players own their own polo ponies?

Perhaps polo is too expensive given the Sussex budget?

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 4:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2022 3:18 AM

Haha, stupid “royal” assholes.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2022 6:22 AM

Haha...we could have predicted that!

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2022 3:59 AM

Harry and Meghan’s U.S. Charity Raised Less Than $50,000 in Two Years

Hahahahah AHAHAHA

So much for them "winning".

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2022 7:23 PM

OMG, look at his hair at R9. He’s completely bald and swirling his hair around like a rat’s nest on top of his head.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2022 7:32 PM

LOL at R9's pic

Funny he's got a mop of hair in all the 'official' pics like that weird Christmas card when in real pics, you can see his Friar Tuck hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2022 7:38 PM

I don’t believe it. There must be some kind of loophole they’re using to label donations. They took great pains to register it and publicize it. If they’re not using Archewell for their money laundering and tax dodging, there’s another one we don’t know about. I’m on the board of a small 501 (c)(3) that came close to $50k during a pandemic on volunteer steam alone (no one gets paid) and we are absolutely tiny civic improvement organization. This thing has more publicity than God, and that’s all it’s raised?! I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2022 10:16 PM

50k went to the charity. The rest into their pockets.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote] Keanu Reeves should be the model of celebrity charitable foundations. He says he just lets the cancer charity do its own thing instead of plastering his name all over its endeavors.

Lance Armstrong's LiveStrong is a truly great organization. It has helped two people very close to me in their dying days. I don't give a rat's ass about Lance Armtstrong but his organization is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2022 11:13 PM

I have raised more than 50k in 2 years for local dog rescues several times.

I think the $1 requested amount is so that people can't say she sued just for the money and I really respect that thought process.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2022 11:15 PM

I think they tried to do too much too soon, starting with the Montecito mansion.

Meghan was already late 30s, Harry mid-30s, when they broke from the royal family. It makes sense that they wanted to make an impact on par with being almost 40, but neither really had much real-world experience.

They should have started out slower. I do think Meghan has a huge ego and wanted to "thrive," not "just survive," or whatever she said. Harry seems just dumb, as usual. He still seems like a fish out of water.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2022 11:24 PM

That is just shameful. What repulsive selfish people.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Where is the money coming from to pay the people who actually run Archewell? It's not like Dim and D-List actually head to an office every day to manage things.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2022 2:21 PM

R25, exactly. That Mandani chick alone would command a huge salary. She’s not a fucking volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2022 9:39 PM

Bump. So who’s paying the Archewell employees (and their five-month family leave)? They’ve touted some heavy hitters who aren’t working for free.

As Judge Judy says, “If it doesn’t make sense, it’s not true.” Nothing about Archewell makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2022 4:11 PM

$50k is also called a "Montecito nickel"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2022 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!