Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oklahoma bill would allow parents to ban books from schools and collect money if those books aren't banned

But the DL Republicans assured us that they support "academic freedom"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 8:33 PM

You're going to get parents scamming.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2021 9:14 PM

There's going to be nothing left in the library!

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2021 9:20 PM

R2, that must be the idea: let’s send Oklahoma’s literacy numbers plummeting down to the level of Mississippi’s or Louisiana’s!

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2021 9:28 PM

I'm sure the plan is to get every book aside from the Bible removed from the library and school curriculum. Who needs math, science, civics, etc when you can teach the parts of the Bible you chose, only? My goodness. What scholars they'll produce!

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]ABSOLUTELY WILD: @ Moms4LibertyWC tried to get an MLK book banned in Tennessee, fights diversity— then has the SHAMELESSNESS to use MLK’s imagery to plug their $100/seat “civil rights” fundraiser in Franklin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2022 2:35 AM

They have books in Oklahoma?

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2022 2:37 AM

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2022 2:39 AM

Makes me want to move to OK just so I can walk in and demand they ban the Holy Bible.

I mean, have you read some of the sick shit in that?

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2022 2:40 AM

My problem with this is that Oklahoma's idiots aren't content with fucking up their own state. They breed and their demon spawn move up to normal states, where they'll fuck with the rest of us too.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2022 2:46 AM

I have been to Oklahoma. A hellhole. They have actually been banning books (and movies) for over 25 years. LINK = This Oklahoma man (and his wife) used to go to an Oklahoma gay park and record gays and post it on Youtube. Sound Normal? The whole state is a master class in stupidity. There is reason God sends the Tornados there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2022 2:53 AM

No Joke. I used the Oklahoma Public Libraries. And let me say this--I saw it with my own two eyes---manless mothers would drop their brats off and leave the librarian staff to babysit. It was really ridiculous. And Oklahoma is not safe for gays. I never knew more victims of crime than when I lived in Oklahoma City. Guys robbed over and over again and the cops didn't lift a finger... Bashings were very common.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2022 3:07 AM

so move there and then you can ban the dead white guys from the classroom

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2022 3:29 AM

More Oklahoma Stupidity....."3 people accused of stealing thousands of Amazon packages in 'massive' Oklahoma 'theft ring'"..... "(Apparently the thief isn’t much of a reader...the books that were being delivered were left behind)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2022 5:00 AM

[quote]Adults have fucked up so bad that teens are forming gangs to read books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2022 8:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!