Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And Just Like That… Part 4 Discussion

“You know marriage doesn’t guarantee a happy ending, just an ending.”

Previous tread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

I wasn’t a big fan of SATC and skipped the movies.But I did just watch the first 3 episodes of this and enjoyed them. The serious stuff is well done and the woke stuff is cringy but doesn’t destroy the good stuff. This is a lot better than I thought it would be. Also SJP is a very good actress and looks fine. Not sure why she’s so hated here.

by Anonymousreply 1December 27, 2021 12:33 AM

Miranda has turned into an idiot.

She used to be so shrewd.

"You CAN have it all!"

She would have laughed in the face of any bitch who said that.

by Anonymousreply 2December 27, 2021 12:35 AM

I do like it. The Miranda stuff feels like the most complex, real character is being sacrificed on the woke altar and worse - it really isn't very interesting. I can put up with the box ticking - really the only part I find weighs it down is the whole podcast gang (save the sexy producer though) - but the Miranda changes are a disappointment. For six years, Miranda was established as enthusiastically straight. This retcon doesn't ring, to use my Wokethaurus I got for Christmas from the HRC - authentic. It's like - well, you thought having fun in the desert was bad? Watch how bad we get when we're substance abusers with identity problems? [italic]NOW [/italic] we're bad....

by Anonymousreply 3December 27, 2021 12:17 PM

Is there any Michael Patrick King gossip? My theory is all the problems with the show from about season four onward land with his vision and leadership.

He sure has a grip on this franchise. You'd have thought after the triumph of movie two they'd have said, let's try someone else for a change. If that turkey hadn't made money it would have been Ishtar of the Aughts.

by Anonymousreply 4December 27, 2021 12:20 PM

Stanford going to Tokyo like Poochie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Earth to Miranda - just because you're going mad being married to a brain dead boring guy like Steve, that doesn't mean you're a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 6December 27, 2021 12:40 PM

MIRANDA: "I now have a new black best friend!"

CHARLOTTE: "OMG! I now have a new black best friend, too!"

CARRIE: "I now have a new black best friend, too!"

ALL: "Pity that doesn't leave any time for storytimes for the stars of this show to interact anymore. Oh, well. It's more important to avoid criticism for not being diverse enough than spend time on the premise of the entire show."

by Anonymousreply 7December 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Aside from the hot podcast producer there’s no eye candy. They better fix that.

by Anonymousreply 8December 27, 2021 3:22 PM

Just because Cynthia Nixon had a later in life realization doesn't mean Miranda should. Even Raven Symone gets there's a difference between the character and the actor.

[quote]“There was a conversation before the series started, and I was asked the question, ‘Would you like Raven Baxter to be a lesbian?’ And I said, no. I said no,” Symoné said. Symone said she is proud to be gay, but “The reason I said no wasn’t because I wasn’t proud of who I was, or I didn’t want to represent the LGBTQ+ community in any way,” Symoné said.. “It was because Raven Baxter is Raven Baxter is Raven Baxter. And Raven Baxter is a character that I was proud to play, even if she is straight, cisgender — I don’t mind — let her have her moment.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 27, 2021 4:27 PM

R7 ummmm the woman with Carrie isn’t black. You keep showing how uneducated you are. Yet you keep speaking. Maybe shut up to look less bad?

by Anonymousreply 10December 27, 2021 4:33 PM

Carrie is .... well ... just like that stupid. She does think her new BFF is black.

Because she dumb.

by Anonymousreply 11December 27, 2021 4:55 PM

Carrie hasn’t once said anything about black.

by Anonymousreply 12December 27, 2021 4:56 PM

She's saying it with her stupid eyes.

by Anonymousreply 13December 27, 2021 4:58 PM

R8 - I dread the seemingly inevitable romantic pairing of Carrie and the hot podcast producer. Seems like the show is hinting at that development and, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 14December 27, 2021 5:06 PM

Ugh, that would be so incredibly unrealistic r14.

by Anonymousreply 15December 27, 2021 5:42 PM

He sure seems to suffer from isn't-she-awesome-syndrome. He's practically panting already in every shot.

by Anonymousreply 16December 27, 2021 5:44 PM

Handsome Producer: Hey, blondie, send me a DM with nudes.

Carrie: No. I don't know how to send DMs. Let Che do it.

Handsome Producer: No, get the hot one. - I want yours. You're my lucky blonde. Send.

Carrie: All right.

by Anonymousreply 17December 27, 2021 5:54 PM

that podcast producer is so out of Carrie's league. Plus he looks young enough to be the son she aborted after her one night stand with the O'Neals Balloon waiter.

by Anonymousreply 18December 27, 2021 8:18 PM

I'm finding the way Carrie dresses to be even more ridiculous than ever.

She is so overdressed for EVERYTHING. To me, that isn't someone with fashion sense, that is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 19December 27, 2021 8:39 PM

Carrie dresses like a common woman who suddenly has money.

by Anonymousreply 20December 27, 2021 8:44 PM

If I saw a woman with frazzled hair and weathered skin wearing a wedding dress with a tight little sweater top spilling coffee all over NYC, I would think she was fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 21December 27, 2021 9:04 PM

She is becoming Sylvia Miles. Ironic since Sylvia herself was used as an example of scorn and derision on an episode of the OG.

by Anonymousreply 22December 27, 2021 9:19 PM

I’ve actually seen little white women who dress like her. I always assume they’re trying to emulate her.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2021 9:29 PM

I worked with a young woman who obviously spent her teen years watching SATC and wanted to be Carrie. She wore little hats, big flowers on her jackets and dresses that were way over the top. She was also around 4’10 and couldn’t really pull that shit off. Amanda, wherever you are, I hope you found your own style somewhere during the past 12 years.

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2021 10:06 PM

Sadly, Amanda died on a peloton a while ago R24.

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2021 10:12 PM

Thats not completely true, R25. Amanda didn't die riding the Peleton but after, when she went to Napa to take a nappa from which she never awoke.

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2021 10:19 PM

Actually, Amanda was taking a nappa on her Peleton when she awoke, declared she was bored and then fell to her demise from a window.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2021 11:21 PM

R18 he was a waiter at The Saloon! He poked my tunnel at Tunnel! Hey, it was the 80s!

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2021 11:47 PM

Actually, although Amanda was taking a nappa on her Peleton when she awoke, declared she was bored and then fell from a window, the fall did not kill her for she was saved when Leonardo diCapprio reached out to and saved her. (JFK. Jr. wasn't available because of mortality and all that.) What really killed her was a cross-dressing prostitute who hit her in the face with an egg.

by Anonymousreply 29December 28, 2021 1:08 AM

Sure Cyn...Rojo's love ain't cheap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 28, 2021 5:27 AM

She consented to an interview for a Murdoch owned entity? How hypocritical of ger

I didn't know Kristen Davis has children.

by Anonymousreply 31December 28, 2021 5:36 AM

SJP looks shockingly better than she has in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 32December 28, 2021 5:42 AM

Patricia Fields is right - Cynthia looks like shit. And out of character. Carrie dresses like a high end thrift store exploded - fine. Charlotte like a preppy American Girl doll - of course. Miranda looks ridiculous. Her non-corporate style would be high end faux-bohemian.

I did some post grad courses with a bunch of mature aged students. Men and women in their 40s-60s, one in his 70s.

NO ONE DRESSED LIKE THIS. Everyone wore trousers and a button down. Jeans and sweaters. Boots or sneakers or sandals. The occasional skirt or knit dress. Not this garish mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 28, 2021 5:47 AM

r33 PERFECT

[quote]Carrie dresses like a high end thrift store exploded

by Anonymousreply 34December 28, 2021 5:49 AM

Compliments from another thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 28, 2021 6:28 AM

Yea, I get that people's style evolves over time but the Miranda we knew in the series would never put this effort into fashion or look this made up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 36December 28, 2021 8:49 AM

She may after being besties with Carrie for all these years.

by Anonymousreply 37December 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Yes R31, Kristin has two adopted children.

by Anonymousreply 38December 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Not a New Yorker, but if I came across a 50ish woman in a puffy white gown and a jcrew top prancing down the street (in the morning!) , I'd think she's mentally ill, not stylish.

by Anonymousreply 39December 28, 2021 12:59 PM

R30: Nixon needed the money after her abortive venture into politics. There was no way she'd say "no" to this payday.

by Anonymousreply 40December 28, 2021 1:09 PM

The thing is, there was no way they could get away with an all-white show in 2021. But SATC was that all-white show. In order to evolve it, they had to immediately shoehorn new characters and turn it into something different. No artful way to do that.

They never should have brought it back.

by Anonymousreply 41December 28, 2021 3:14 PM

Omfg. Who cares what skin color certain characters are? This is absurd to me. Who cares? Exactly, it’s 2021. Maybe some of you old people need to take a step outside more and go for a walk and look around you. The world isn’t all white. The world also isn’t all straight, but you old asses never seem to complain at the forced sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 42December 28, 2021 3:32 PM

I'm watching the series from the beginning (SATC.)

True, there are no principals of colour and really no secondary ones, bar Blair Underwood's role in series five or six (I am just starting five.) But there have been a lot of extras and small parts that were not played by whites. It is not an all white New York by any stretch. Frankly, it probably reflects real New York more than it doesn't. Most of us probably have a few friends who aren't the same race as ourselves, if we're honest. People stick with the familiar, by nature. So long as it's not a purposeful choice, it's not uncommon. It will probably shift a lot more as immigration changes the complexion of the world around us and rightly so and great. When I was a kid, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, it was a largely white society where I grew up. So was all the television I watched. That was what was familiar to me - by experience. I think the inclusion of actors who aren't white is great - media so heavily frames our perception of what's familiar. The podcast people are tedious because it's all so contrived and false. I think the two actors who have more substantial parts will fit in, though LTW seems a bit isolated as Charlotte's friend. Seema is slated for the fourth chair.

by Anonymousreply 43December 28, 2021 3:38 PM

WHO CARES?!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44December 28, 2021 3:43 PM

Why so angry, R42/44? It's just discussion.

by Anonymousreply 45December 28, 2021 3:46 PM

It’s not anger. It’s annoyance. It’s a redundant and ridiculous and repetitive “discussion”. It’s not even a real discussion. It’s mostly one person.

by Anonymousreply 46December 28, 2021 3:58 PM

"True, there are no principals of colour and really no secondary ones, bar Blair Underwood's role in series five or six (I am just starting five.) But there have been a lot of extras and small parts that were not played by whites. It is not an all white New York by any stretch"

Um, if only extras extras and small parts (and only one principal role) are played by non-whites, that means it is presenting New York in which only white people matter.

"Frankly, it probably reflects real New York more than it doesn't. Most of us probably have a few friends who aren't the same race as ourselves, if we're honest. "

I think you mean, "if we're racist." It takes a lot of work to keep your social circle all-white.

In New York at least, anyone involved in publishing or media is not going to have to work EXTRA hard to keep her social circle lily-white.

by Anonymousreply 47December 28, 2021 4:08 PM

satc is about white people, told from the white perspective, to white people.

by Anonymousreply 48December 28, 2021 4:22 PM

I think you are right, R48.

It never really worked for anyone living in New York.

by Anonymousreply 49December 28, 2021 4:25 PM

R48 no wonder most people in NYC back then said it was unrealistic and a fairytale version of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2021 4:38 PM

How do we feel about tv shows and movies that take place in an all black world where white people play minor roles. Are they realistic? Are we ok with those?

by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2021 4:56 PM

It’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 52December 28, 2021 4:57 PM

Which ones are those, R51?

I mean, SATC might have made more sense if it took place in an all-white world rather than New York City.

Maybe they should have set it in Scottsdale.

by Anonymousreply 53December 28, 2021 5:01 PM

New York City as a whole may be diverse but the show was predominantly set in specific parts of Manhattan which tend to be majority white. Samantha and Carrie may have interacted or worked with non white people due to being in PR and the media but the show's focus was on the women's romantic lives. And most people date within their race and class. Shoehorning black people (and let's face it, when people scream about diversity, they just mean black people) into those stories just to meet some quota would have reeked of tokenism.

by Anonymousreply 54December 28, 2021 5:12 PM

There’s ways to do diversity without being stupid. But between the movies and Stanford’s send off, good writing was never in the cards.

“Omg, we all just happened to meet new women of color at the same time!”

by Anonymousreply 55December 28, 2021 5:23 PM

They shoehorned a gay character in the OG show. Most straight women only have straight female friends. Despite what the TV shows us, most women only hang with women and straight men with straight men.

by Anonymousreply 56December 28, 2021 5:28 PM

The only interesting new character is the woman married to Geoff (pronounced Jŏff).

by Anonymousreply 57December 28, 2021 5:28 PM

R54, I lived and worked where the characters did. I saw them shooting on the street. My friend worked on the show for three years and even they thought the shows' uberwhiteness was weird

It was a show made for flyover America. The actor demographics (like the costumes and sets) were designed to appeal to them, not to represent any real NYC social world.

by Anonymousreply 58December 28, 2021 5:29 PM

I, for one, would feel the same about these new characters no matter what race they are- they are an intrusion into the stories I'd rather see being told. They might be good for one-offs, but I'm not interested in getting invested in four new characters, none of whom I find particularly interesting (well, maybe Seema). I especially am bored shitless by Che and the Professor. At least Ramirez is trying, but her character is so off-putting. The professor is a complete cipher and I couldn't give two fucks about her and her husband conceiving, not conceiving... who cares? There are PLENTY of characters within the SATC universe to tell stories about without having to invent four new ones whole cloth. Focus on making the people we know less boring. Find me better stories about Anthony or Steve, or Charlotte's kids. Do SOMETHING interesting with Brenda Vaccaro's character. Yes, she's new, but she's tied into that universe way more than any of the new women.

And if they want to make it diverse, go for it. Give Brady a black girlfriend and have her living under the same roof with Miranda and Steve and have THAT be the way you tell that story, so you can involve the whole family. Use Lily's Chinese heritage to spark a storyline that keeps Charlotte and family in play. Give Anthony a different race boyfriend (since Cantone has been married to a black man for many years and can probably speak to several real life experiences that could be made into storylines if the writers bothered to listen)... but stay in the world. The thing that worked about SATC was the friendship of the women. I want to see them being friends with each other, I am less interested in watching them be friends with other people, which in and of itself is completely unrealistic. You do not make friends in your 50s, especially if you have a family, but even if you're single, it just doesn't happen, no matter how much you want it to.

by Anonymousreply 59December 28, 2021 5:32 PM

The Epistle to the Caftanians 2:4-8.

by Anonymousreply 60December 28, 2021 5:38 PM

R58 any dirt?

by Anonymousreply 61December 28, 2021 5:39 PM

The forced diversity would be a lot more acceptable if the new POC characters did not engage in re-educating the non-POC characters and make them, ie, Charlotte and Miranda, look like buffoons. It is inconceivable that these two educated, high status women in their mid-50s, who have lived in NYC for over 30 years, would ever behave as if they just fell off a turnip truck..

by Anonymousreply 62December 28, 2021 5:58 PM

R62 dude. Enough. Seriously. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 63December 28, 2021 5:58 PM

The could have made more interesting and diverse casting choices in the OG. Big's first wife could have been a AA woman (a black woman in publishing - gasp!), which would probably throw Carrie off on top of being nervous in the cigarette girl pitch. Carrie's Vogue boss could easily have been a black woman instead of Candice Bergen or they could have cast Andre Leon Talley in some very special guest appearances.

by Anonymousreply 64December 28, 2021 6:06 PM

The diversity push isn’t exactly being hidden. It seems heavy handed on purpose. I don’t care what color the characters are. I just know most people stay within their race in relationships.

There are a lot of trolls in this thread getting out their anti-woke talking points without doing it in other threads where their racism is on full display. That said, whether the show is being heavy handed on purpose or not, the focus is NOT on the main characters and that is an abomination. We didn’t wait this long, been teased over and over about another movie, to have the focus be on so many new characters.

by Anonymousreply 65December 28, 2021 6:14 PM

R65 you have A LOT of growing up to do. A man your age still acting like this? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 66December 28, 2021 6:17 PM

Over 20% of marriages are interracial now. That doesn’t count just dating or hooking up. Tons of people date and hook up with other races. This is real life. Welcome to it r65. And I suggest you sign out of some of those accounts. They will be red tagged soon.

by Anonymousreply 67December 28, 2021 6:18 PM

There's a very excitable, since-blocked-by-me loon on all the AJLT threads who rants incessantly about anyone disagreeing with him/her and accuses them of having multiple sock puppet accounts.

It needs to take this discussion FAR less personally,

And a xanax.

by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2021 6:59 PM

R62 called it.

by Anonymousreply 69December 28, 2021 7:14 PM

I’m a big SATC fan and I found the first three episodes of this so strange. The woke stuff is irritating but I understand they’re trying to introduce new characters. Episode 4 seems like they’re finally finding their footing, and good for SJP and crew to let a bitch who looks like Nicole Ari Parker anywhere near that set. My god she looks incredible. 51! Unreal.

Anyways, I’m here for the journey and hopefully in season 2 we’ll get a fully rounded ensemble show with these new ladies I actually like them. But not Che. My god that character is awful and she should NOT come back

by Anonymousreply 70December 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Having gays = woke.

by Anonymousreply 71December 28, 2021 8:53 PM

I just noticed Patrica Field, the famed costume designer, is not on board ajlt, anyone have the tea? She worked the entire series and both movies.

by Anonymousreply 72December 28, 2021 9:26 PM

R72 you asked this on the Emily in Paris thread. And YES, it was you, so don’t bother lying.

She chose to stay with Emily in Paris instead.

by Anonymousreply 73December 28, 2021 9:30 PM

I’m not r72, but what’s wrong with asking about gossip in a few threads? Field is associated with both shows, it makes sense to post in both.

by Anonymousreply 74December 28, 2021 9:35 PM

"There are a lot of trolls in this thread getting out their anti-woke talking points without doing it in other threads"

Was it you who said it was one poster posting on multiple accounts but you could see their IP address? If so, what is it--one person or lots of trolls?

by Anonymousreply 75December 28, 2021 9:36 PM

“ you asked this on the Emily in Paris thread. And YES, it was you, so don’t bother lying”

In which Karen enters the thread.

by Anonymousreply 76December 28, 2021 9:49 PM

R73 Oohh you sure got me good!

by Anonymousreply 77December 28, 2021 10:15 PM

How much money did Big leave Carrie? Was $1 million a significant amount?

by Anonymousreply 78December 28, 2021 10:18 PM

They never say what he left her. She was probably left with many millions. He left Natasha $1 million.

by Anonymousreply 79December 28, 2021 10:26 PM

If they ever go back to Big's locked laptop, the password will be the name of that fucking dog. Or "Peletonkilledmyass".

by Anonymousreply 80December 28, 2021 10:35 PM

Regarding the money that Big left Carrie that apartment alone is probably worth somewhere north of 30 million so with all the rest of of the investments and holdings Carrie is probably looking at around 200 million easily

by Anonymousreply 81December 28, 2021 10:40 PM

The one million is nothing. It's rather insulting to both wives when you think about it. To people in Big and Natasha's circle, a million isn't much. It's like a normal person getting left ten grand by an ex-spouse who treated them like shit.

by Anonymousreply 82December 28, 2021 10:42 PM

The bequest seems like red herring of sorts. We'll probably not hear about again and it is a relatively meaningless amount of money in the bigger scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 83December 28, 2021 11:34 PM

SJP looks far better than I thought she would. She still looks, at times, 70-ish though. Still. Kirsten looks exactly like an older Charlotte but with great genes. Everything moves and she has faint lines so no visible Botox/fillers. Cynthia looks great for being the bulldyke she’s portrayed as being. She looks like a slightly older Miranda with great skin.

by Anonymousreply 84December 29, 2021 4:58 AM

A bequest of 200 million? Living with so much wealth has not elevated Carrie much. She's as gauche as ever.

by Anonymousreply 85December 29, 2021 5:02 AM

Somebody pointed out how Carrie was the least adventurous of the four and they were SPOT ON.. Even Charlotte, as prim as she was, was far, FAR, more adventurous than Carrie. Again, it is what it is. Carrie is a great character regardless.

by Anonymousreply 86December 29, 2021 5:05 AM

Carrie should call Louise from St. Louis. She probably knows the password to Big’s laptop.

by Anonymousreply 87December 29, 2021 5:37 AM

From the previous thread

[quote] I can definitely see it and understand how it was condescending now that we're talking about it. But at the time it was said it really didn't stick out to me as anything particularly noteworthy.

That is a very difficult issue right there. One person don't mean no harm with some off-hand comment, but it still offends the other person. The right thing would for the first person to apologize and be more considerate in the future. Instead, it's the second person's problem for being overly sensitive, a snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 88December 29, 2021 1:17 PM

For a moment I thought the woman, entering the deli after Carrie and rolling her eyes at Carrie's attire, was Debra Jo Rupp (That 70s Show).

by Anonymousreply 89December 29, 2021 1:22 PM

Did Carrie really get $200 million or is this just the DL Detective Agency at work again?

by Anonymousreply 90December 29, 2021 1:36 PM

I guess humans don’t have much in common with each other if their skin tones are a little different. And therefore we can’t watch someone who doesn’t look like us because it’s not relatable.

FUCK YOURSELVES woke diversity assholes. There’s only one human race.

by Anonymousreply 91December 29, 2021 2:09 PM

And that’s mankind

by Anonymousreply 92December 29, 2021 2:23 PM

The objection seems to be the woke stories aren't well told or interesting. It may be news to some but right and good doesn't necessarily come with a guarantee of reception as good entertainment. Many shows, like Sex Education, have done it effortlessly. This show's efforts aren't effortless, they're sucking up.

So maybe calm down.

by Anonymousreply 93December 29, 2021 2:36 PM

I agree, r93. Here’s an interesting way diversity was integrated into a show—Bosch on Amazon Prime. I was well into the second or third season when I realized that nearly every single major/regular character was a person of color or female or both. The lead is a white male, and there are two other detectives that are white men, but that’s it. And they’re seamlessly integrated into the story lines. I love this show for that.

I want diversity. I think diversity makes for interesting story lines when done with creativity. The issue with AJLT is that, from the get-go, the stories are boring.

by Anonymousreply 94December 29, 2021 3:34 PM

The movies, not the original series, set the tone for the quality of the writing for this.

I'm a bit surprised at how bad it is. But Michael Patrick King has, clearly, become a hack.

by Anonymousreply 95December 29, 2021 4:35 PM

“ I want diversity. I think diversity makes for interesting story lines when done with creativity.”

I don’t know what “diversity” means anymore. It seems to be skin tone bean counting. And that’s stupid and boring. But maybe it means something More Important.

Just give me good shows with good actors and I’m good.

by Anonymousreply 96December 29, 2021 5:14 PM

R96, as per my post, the characters in Bosch are seamlessly diverse. There is no bean counting--the proof is in the fact that I didn't even notice the diversity until way into the series. And that's because of great story telling and acting.

by Anonymousreply 97December 29, 2021 5:27 PM

Maybe I’ll try it then.

by Anonymousreply 98December 29, 2021 5:31 PM

More interesting than rich POC would be them mingling with middle-class POC people. I know that wasn’t even in the original series, but this shit they’re filming is boring.

by Anonymousreply 99December 29, 2021 5:34 PM

I agree r99. I really don't want to see the trials and tribulations of someone who's worth 200 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 100December 29, 2021 5:44 PM

If Seema didn't stand to make a bundle on the sale of Carrie's apartment, she could have shot back with, "Why, thank you...and now it's your turn. Welcome to my world."

by Anonymousreply 101December 29, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote] I agree [R99]. I really don't want to see the trials and tribulations of someone who's worth 200 million dollars.

I want to see Sex And The City, not EastEnders or Nomadland.

The DNA of SATC (the original series, not the films) is that it’s a screwball comedy, which have their origins featuring Park Avenue heiresses and Palm Beach heirs during the Depression. As explained above, there a a hundred shows that featured (gasp!) multiethnic casts going back decades. It shouldn’t be a big deal because it’s not.

Cynthia Nixon pushed for this. Obviously, she can’t produce any better than she can write because Carrie and Seema and Charlotte and Lisa are at least believable as friends, but Miranda and Che and Miranda and Nya are unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 102December 29, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote] I agree [[R99]]. I really don't want to see the trials and tribulations of someone who's worth 200 million dollars.

If someone can make the life of a rich widow look bizarre and full of superficial drama, it's shallow and materialistic Carrie "All Eyes And Ears On Me!" Bradshaw.

by Anonymousreply 103December 29, 2021 7:41 PM

Well R2 at least she didn’t say Tomorrow Belongs to Her.

by Anonymousreply 104December 29, 2021 7:46 PM

So with all the criticism of how MPK integrated POC into the show, and I am completely serious with this question, how could it have been done better?

One of the things I struggle with and I am actually enjoying the series, the balance of teachable moments. These women have lived in New York City the majority if not all of their lives. And 2021 is by no means their first interaction with these different kinds of people. It might as well be Charleston 1990.

Having said that I do think I understand what MPK was attempting but missed the mark(at least so far). was as you get older losing yourself and you are and becoming someone completely different. He took a big swipe and so far I give him a C- but the acting and the production values seem to be elevating it.

by Anonymousreply 105December 29, 2021 7:55 PM

They should have killed off Steve and Harry along with Big and made all three of them single women in their 50s dealing with the same dating shit they dealt with in their 30s. In an ironic twist, Samantha is happily married and living her best life in London.

by Anonymousreply 106December 29, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote] Did Carrie really get $200 million or is this just the DL Detective Agency at work again?

These are the same DL Detectives who determined how much money was in the infamous “White Lotus” white envelope.

by Anonymousreply 107December 29, 2021 8:14 PM

My my my how some of you turn on diversity yet would be PISSED if a show or movie didn’t have a gay character. You know how many conservatives bitched diversity when a gay character was “shoved down their throats”in every show or movie?

by Anonymousreply 108December 29, 2021 8:14 PM

I’m fine with no gay characters especially if Mario Cantone is the actor who would be cast as a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 109December 29, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] and I am completely serious with this question, how could it have been done better?

Maybe someone else will go into it but I don’t want to list all the shows and movies, yet again, that did it better. We’ve been on this very topic for 4 threads.

I could do without the teachable moments of Miranda with Nya and Che and see Carrie’s connection with Seema over being single in their 50s. Or Charlotte wanting to be closer to Lisa and putting her well-meaning foot into it. That dealt with the anxieties of friendship and family and how a variety of assumptions - race-based and otherwise - may eventuate in friction, and how those awkward moments are overcome with good grace from both sides.

by Anonymousreply 110December 29, 2021 8:19 PM

[quote] there a a hundred shows that featured (gasp!) multiethnic casts going back decades.

Can we get a list r102?

by Anonymousreply 111December 29, 2021 8:20 PM

R109 Of course you are since you’re a frau

by Anonymousreply 112December 29, 2021 8:22 PM

Those bigots complaining about woke = How dare these minorities be represented in MY entertainment that is supposed to only represent me? I demand to speak to someone in charge to give them a piece of my mind! NOW!

by Anonymousreply 113December 29, 2021 8:23 PM

R112 As I’ve said, they’ve taken over this whole conversation because with this show they can reasonably have a gripe unlike other threads where their racism is obvious(you are deal with me calling you out).

by Anonymousreply 114December 29, 2021 8:29 PM

^^^ meant for R113

by Anonymousreply 115December 29, 2021 8:30 PM

rewatching the thing from the beginning, Aiden is basically Charlotte with balls. Stubbornly rooted to fantasy and what he wants... I just had to wonder: did they write that season that way on purpose or was it just luck that two of the worst characters could attempt to unite as one?]

Meanwhile in my crotch, Samantha was going over my limit.

by Anonymousreply 116December 29, 2021 8:31 PM

R111 no, you won’t get a list from me. It’s a circular discussion at this point and I’ve gone over it a lot on multiple threads.

by Anonymousreply 117December 29, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote]So with all the criticism of how MPK integrated POC into the show, and I am completely serious with this question, how could it have been done better?

First, I think you're being generous with the word integrated. I've seen sledgehammers with a lighter touch.

Second, skip the teachable moments. That's the problem. They're like falling anvils. Just broaden the cast with additions who suit the show. No one is looking to the SATC gals to teach us how to live. If they wanted that big of a revolution using this canvas, you plainly don't leave it in the hands of MPK. Again, Sex and the City 2. He may be able to Google woke but he plainly slept through the training.

Third, just let the characters breathe and be. LTW and Seema seem to work. They are natural characters, natural actresses, living life large. That's the - forgive me - brand essence of the SATC world and that's why they work so well. Seema and her chauffeured Mercedes? Yes. Che and bike lanes. Well, to paraphrase Charlotte, now I can't say anything because you brought up gender diversity in 2021. The consistent bitching you hear on this board, allowing for individual tastes, is about the podcast gang, which works least well of everything they are trying to do.

Fourth, stop trying to be all things to all people. Your writing isn't that good and the world your show inhabits - the world your audience is watching for - actually isn't that big.

by Anonymousreply 118December 29, 2021 8:44 PM

I keep trying to bring this conversation back to actions that are happening in the current series, rather than endless circular arguments about wokeness, diversity, SJP vs. Kim, etc, that have gone on for thread after thread. Good lord! It's all been said before! Move on!

Why is Carrie so stressed about a podcast if she is so wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 119December 29, 2021 9:09 PM

I'm rather impressed that all the haters managed to fill an entire thread with just one new episode having aired.

by Anonymousreply 120December 29, 2021 9:13 PM

What I find ironic about how they got rid of Samantha (besides the whole bullshit ATM remark, which was patently untrue), is that Samantha had already moved out of NYC for Smith, but gave all that up to come back to NYC for her friends. So now we're supposed to believe she jumped ship yet again to go to London because of Carrie?

by Anonymousreply 121December 29, 2021 9:14 PM

Um, R119, fuck off and let the conversation flow as it will.

by Anonymousreply 122December 29, 2021 9:15 PM

I watched some of Season 4 yesterday on E! They should have ditched Trey LONG before they did. Samantha and Carrie really keep the show humming (and they need more SJP narration in AJLT) but Miranda was also very entertaining. I did not care for Charlotte when she was with Trey.

by Anonymousreply 123December 29, 2021 9:26 PM

Agree. Trey should have been disposed of much sooner. And I have trouble believing Charlotte wouldn’t have fucked him before the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 124December 29, 2021 9:31 PM

Saying it again: Moldavian Massacre all of them. Black, white, Indian, disabled, whatever.

And start over with the woman who’s married to Geoff but pronounced “Jŏff”.

by Anonymousreply 125December 29, 2021 9:39 PM

R118 thank you. Perfect post.

by Anonymousreply 126December 29, 2021 9:41 PM

I have a feeling Seema will liven things up a la Samantha. Maybe she’ll fuck Brady.

by Anonymousreply 127December 29, 2021 9:42 PM

Maybe she’ll fuck Steve.

Maybe she’s been fucking Steve all along which is why he hasn’t been near Miranda’s grey minge in years

by Anonymousreply 128December 29, 2021 9:56 PM

John Corbett is allegedly coming back for some episodes. Maybe Aidan and Steve will run off together.

by Anonymousreply 129December 29, 2021 10:37 PM

Perfectly integrated cast from back in the day--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 29, 2021 10:39 PM

I remember one of its catch phrases being “one black, one white, one blonde”, R130.

Truly a great show, particularly in respect to the relationship between the main characters. They were well thought out and as a result, meaningful to viewers.

by Anonymousreply 131December 29, 2021 10:47 PM

They should have just hired Sharon Stone to play Samantha. It would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than this woke shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 132December 29, 2021 10:55 PM

What's the white lotus envelope?

Were we told how much Carrie inherited?

Agree with R93 R94 R95 this could have been done better, maybe with showing the new characters already established friends with "the girls"? And giving Charlotte a break and not having her consciously "shop" for non-white friends in 2021?

by Anonymousreply 133December 29, 2021 11:04 PM

The White Lotus envelope was FULL of $€€d money

by Anonymousreply 134December 29, 2021 11:24 PM

R134 is that from AJLT?

by Anonymousreply 135December 29, 2021 11:53 PM

No r135, it’s from theHBO series The White Lotus.

by Anonymousreply 136December 30, 2021 12:02 AM

R118 could agree with you moar! Spelling intended.

by Anonymousreply 137December 30, 2021 12:04 AM

Thanks R136 I had no idea!

by Anonymousreply 138December 30, 2021 12:12 AM

Sharon Stone’s natural attractiveness would have made the other three look terrible by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 139December 30, 2021 12:39 AM

Aharon Stone did an interview with Ari Melber from MSNBC. The showed a segment today on his show.

She still looks great and was very charming

by Anonymousreply 140December 30, 2021 12:51 AM

"Aside from the hot podcast producer there’s no eye candy. They better fix that."

Black professor's hubby was hot, but I doubt we'll see him much.

by Anonymousreply 141December 30, 2021 2:06 AM

Serious question...

Why didn't they just replace Willie Garson with another actor?

It seems like there are probably thousands of actors who could convincingly play a fussy, bitchy, bald queen.

Plus, nobody, not a single viewer, is now or was ever tuning in to watch Willie Garson, or to follow the life of Sanford Blatch.

Is that something that's just not done anymore? Would today's viewers find it too distracting?

by Anonymousreply 142December 30, 2021 3:06 AM

R142 why do people keep mentioning Ed Harris to replace Stanford?

by Anonymousreply 143December 30, 2021 3:09 AM

The show is too iconic to replace an actor. It just wouldn’t work

by Anonymousreply 144December 30, 2021 3:53 AM

You mean Ed I-have-no Harris, r143?

by Anonymousreply 145December 30, 2021 3:57 AM

Have been rewatching the original series and I'm on Season 5, Episode 6 - the Nina "Face Girl" Katz episode. I know posters have made the point a million times that Carrie likes to make things about her, but man she tracks down Nina for validation just the way she tracked down Natasha. And the women she confronts never change their mind about her, it's just the need she has to get her words, her side out there, which apparently makes her feel better.

The original series, which we've loved to pick apart over the years, is good (sometimes great) and miles better than the movies or AJLT.

by Anonymousreply 146December 30, 2021 4:08 AM

You can’t replace actors for iconic characters or characters we’ve seen for many years played by one actor. Hardly ever works. Stanford has been around since episode 1 of the OG show.

by Anonymousreply 147December 30, 2021 4:20 AM

Doesn’t recasting defeat the purpose when it comes to a show riding off of nostalgia and it’s successful predecessor? It’s the same exact reason Fuller House didn’t recast Michelle, having someone new in the role eliminates that special aspect of having the original actors play their famous characters.

by Anonymousreply 148December 30, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] Doesn’t recasting defeat the purpose when it comes to a show riding off of nostalgia and it’s successful predecessor? It’s the same exact reason Fuller House didn’t recast Michelle, having someone new in the role eliminates that special aspect of having the original actors play their famous characters.

Bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 149December 30, 2021 4:34 AM

In the original series when Charlotte is trying to fix Anthony up with Stanford, he asks her what Stanford looks like -- "who would play him in a movie?" and Charlotte says "Ed Harris, a younger Ed Harris." Anthony says "that's hot." But when they meet and the fashion show, Anthony is repulsed, doesn't think he's attractive, and when alone with Charlotte says. "Ed Harris? Try Ed I Have no Harris."

by Anonymousreply 150December 30, 2021 4:35 AM

R150 was an answer to "[R142] why do people keep mentioning Ed Harris to replace Stanford?"

by Anonymousreply 151December 30, 2021 4:37 AM

R149 minus fake Cindy, you proved my point.

by Anonymousreply 152December 30, 2021 4:50 AM

Also, in an early episode Stanny places a personals ad in the VV and describes himself as an ‘Ed Harris type.’

by Anonymousreply 153December 30, 2021 4:54 AM

He was a ridiculous, barely two-dimensional character. This would be an excellent opportunity to introduce a fully-realized gay character. Anthony is not the answer, although Cantone has shown glimmers of depth in this new series.

by Anonymousreply 154December 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Episode 5. AND JUST LIKE THAT..... Miranda’s a lesbian and got finger banged by Cheryl while Carrie wet the bed. Amazing how they continue to bring up Samantha and try to make her part of the show. Now she’s responding to Carrie’s messages. But, I enjoyed the episode.

by Anonymousreply 155December 30, 2021 7:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 30, 2021 7:52 AM

[quote]Sarah Jessica Parker is 'heartbroken' over Chris Noth sexual assault allegations and 'livid the show has been put in a terrible position'

Hahaha 🤣

by Anonymousreply 157December 30, 2021 8:57 AM

People forget MPK was the show runner behind the magic of Two Broke Girls. Expectations should be managed accordingly, depending on whether you viewed that as one of the worst shows ever or the single worst show ever.

by Anonymousreply 158December 30, 2021 9:45 AM

How did you see episode 5, R155?

by Anonymousreply 159December 30, 2021 10:32 AM

It’s out in Australia already. Probably other places too.

So awkward seeing Cynthia’s own lezzie coming out play on screen. I liked Carrie telling Miranda to snap out of it. Cynthia’s acting was not that great. Heavy on the self-pity.

But just know that if Kim were on the show, she would be the one with the hip replacement - and it would be an old person hip replacement, not a congenital birth defect - and she just wouldn’t piss the bed while Cynthia got fucked in kitchen, she would be masturbating and squirting.

by Anonymousreply 160December 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Also, Kristen’s fillers have settled.

by Anonymousreply 161December 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Kristin looks the way she always has but chunkier. I can never understand actors and models who can't control their weight.

by Anonymousreply 162December 30, 2021 11:34 AM

Well, she's fifty five. Cut her some slack, scarecrow.

by Anonymousreply 163December 30, 2021 11:45 AM

Please, no more Aidan. He’s such a passive-aggressive and ultimately uninteresting character.

by Anonymousreply 164December 30, 2021 12:00 PM

^ Amen. What a preacher. He's probably still festering over the cheating. Although it occurred to me his kid would be old enough to hate step-girlfriend Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 165December 30, 2021 12:32 PM

R65 Potato?

by Anonymousreply 166December 30, 2021 12:39 PM

R159, [quote] How did you see episode 5

Telepathically, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 167December 30, 2021 1:25 PM

After watching this week’s episode (5), it’s obvious Anthony is the new Samantha. He even has her seat at brunch.

by Anonymousreply 168December 30, 2021 1:27 PM

I get the feeling Anthony is taking Stanford’s spot in any scene requiring a gay.

by Anonymousreply 169December 30, 2021 1:33 PM

Actually Anthony as Samantha would be alright. We know him and back in the day he was a whore too.

by Anonymousreply 170December 30, 2021 2:11 PM

How old his Charlotte's husband? He looks the worst of everyone in this

by Anonymousreply 171December 30, 2021 3:08 PM

He’s 60 but looks 70. Probably because he lost weight. Some people look better with a few extra lbs. I hope he’s ok

by Anonymousreply 172December 30, 2021 3:22 PM

MPK has to be relieved Chris Noth is gone. He was a fat, snarky, pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 173December 30, 2021 3:29 PM

If you worked in a restaurant with any sort of celebrity clientele, chances are Noth would come in and sexually harass your hostess.

by Anonymousreply 174December 30, 2021 3:31 PM

They’re rotating the Samantha seat. It isn’t obvious to you “educated” folk? No one character is replacing her. She can’t be replaced.

And I liked this newest episode.

Cynthia wanted Miranda to go gay. She is why this storyline is happening.

by Anonymousreply 175December 30, 2021 4:01 PM

Idk why SJP is so worried about Noth harming the show’s success when he is dead now.

by Anonymousreply 176December 30, 2021 4:04 PM

R176 Because people watching repeats of the original series may think about how awful Noth is in person and may tune out;she is thinking about the bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 177December 30, 2021 4:57 PM

Watch the gals collect Black friends!

by Anonymousreply 178December 30, 2021 5:19 PM

r160 Yeah, the big surprise of this show so far is that Nixon now is the weak link of the 3 IMO. She's clearly the best actress and was on SATC, but the writing for Miranda is all over the place and it has now hurt her performance. This episode may be the 1st time SJP really outperformed her. I also think, if you can get past the face, that Davis' acting has improved.

by Anonymousreply 179December 30, 2021 5:33 PM

Nixon always made the bad dialogue work. She’s just out of her element now. She’s far removed from acting.

by Anonymousreply 180December 30, 2021 5:35 PM

They knew what Noth was and brought him back season after season, although he could have been written out at any point during the original series. They deserve all the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 181December 30, 2021 5:39 PM

Nothing has been proven.

by Anonymousreply 182December 30, 2021 5:40 PM

The sex scene between Miranda and Che was not hot - it was gross, as were Carrie's peeing scenes. I think they should have given Carrie osteoporosis instead of 'an undiagnosed congenital condition.' Given her extreme slimness and age, it is almost certain that SJP has it. My God, did she look old in ep 5.

by Anonymousreply 183December 30, 2021 5:41 PM

They are old.

by Anonymousreply 184December 30, 2021 5:42 PM

Osteo makes more sense--aggravated by years of wearing too-high heels.

by Anonymousreply 185December 30, 2021 5:43 PM

Holy shit. I am Just watching the beginning of episode five, and I wasn't prepared for Carrie having to use an umbrella to get up the stairs. I was in a state of sleep paralysis where I wanted to scream (nothing came out) I wanted to avert my eyes or turn off the TV (couldn't move). The. Horror.

by Anonymousreply 186December 30, 2021 5:43 PM

I loved episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 187December 30, 2021 5:44 PM

Nothing like watching the sexy, sassy ladies of the 90s turn into bitter, limping, alky crones of the 2020s.

Why did people think this was a good idea again?

by Anonymousreply 188December 30, 2021 5:53 PM

Money.

by Anonymousreply 189December 30, 2021 5:53 PM

I’m liking it.

by Anonymousreply 190December 30, 2021 5:54 PM

I like Anthony as a character. He could've easily replaced Samantha as the inappropriate, straight-forward whore friend.

by Anonymousreply 191December 30, 2021 5:59 PM

Mad respect for Sarah Jessica Parker for going there in episode five. The old, the peeing, the being mad at Miranda for abandoning her in her time of need and then being concerned about her friend when she reveals how unhappy she is for quite some time.

Great episode.

by Anonymousreply 192December 30, 2021 6:08 PM

Carrie looked the worst that she's ever looked in this episode, like Cloris Leachman's twin, and the best she's ever looked. She looked amazing at the end in that dress and heels. I'm looking forward to a Diwali celebration next week.

by Anonymousreply 193December 30, 2021 6:22 PM

Ok, I’ll be a Pollyanna too. I’ve been fast forwarding through episodes a little due to boredom,, but didn’t through this one. I thought it was very good, close to the original in terms of pacing, plot and humor. The best episode so far.

by Anonymousreply 194December 30, 2021 6:22 PM

Not gonna lie, I would pay out of my own pocket to have physical therapy with Travis, too.

Some great eye candy in this episode (like the guy who carried Carrie up the stairs after her surgery).

by Anonymousreply 195December 30, 2021 6:26 PM

In Grace and Frankie Jane Fonda makes no bones, no pun intended, about her character's terrible knee pain and the knee replacement right down to showing the horrible scar afterward, so bad her boyfriend faints when he sees it. She also shows you don't just get over it in 2 minutes.

Nothing in AJLT is even remotely realistic, especially this Covid is long over NYC they're showing. It's a horrible & cruel joke on every person and business in NYC that is suffering more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 196December 30, 2021 6:26 PM

To add, I will have more respect for this show if they reveal there was something more to Carrie and Samantha’s relationship breakdown that neither has revealed. It’s so stupid that Samantha would have acted like this over money.

by Anonymousreply 197December 30, 2021 6:28 PM

She did say at the end that several months had passed before she wore those heels.

Here's Thomas Canestraro's Instagram. He's a French kickboxing champion, model, actor, and...married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 30, 2021 6:29 PM

Really r162? Shes 55 years old and was short and pear shaped to begin with - and those menopausal years she just went through are not kind to anyone’s weight. I don’t understand actors who get legitimately fat - when they have all the resources to take care of themselves, but absolutely I can understand once someone gets passed a certain age (especially) why they can’t me “model/actress thin” anymore. For most people it’s basically impossible.

I don’t think her face is that bad though - certainly not compared to say Courteney Cox and some others that age I’m used to seeing. She looks better in movement than still photos, I think.

by Anonymousreply 199December 30, 2021 6:30 PM

To be fair, r196, I don’t think I want my escapism tv to be realistic about Covid. And there are plenty of good shows that haven’t incorporated Covid into their plots. But I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s NY, it’s strange to avoid it.

Btw, this is not to imply AJLT is a good show. It’s not, but hopefully the latest episode is an indicator of better episodes.

by Anonymousreply 200December 30, 2021 6:33 PM

Maybe some of you need to watch the episode before complaining. She wasn’t over it in 2 minutes. The end of the episode fast forwards 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 201December 30, 2021 6:43 PM

Tragically Hip was easily the best episode so far. They finally figured out how to plot. Loved Carrie's Tom's line, and that little texting scene with Samantha was great.

by Anonymousreply 202December 30, 2021 6:44 PM

It's getting better, IMO. Or maybe I'm just used to it. An aging SATC group and the trials of aging and parenthood, etc. works. Episode 5 had some nice interaction between the main characters like a lot of posters have been pining for. The whole thing with Charlotte's daughter, while unnecessary, is reflective of the times - nonbinary, pronouns. I still hate Brady's girlfriend and the fact she's always around. I actually like LTW and Seema. Che still makes me cringe some and the whole podcast dynamic is just annoying. Nice call back to Samantha and the "diaphragm story." The Miranda as lesbian AND alcoholism arcs is a bit much. One or the other - though clearly they're related as written. I'm glad they got on with it though instead of continuing to pussyfoot* around. The full-on lesbian sex scene - cringe - but that's because I'm gay and don't like Che.

The Carrie-Miranda fight had some great dramatic gravitas. And Miranda's "I'm not happy; I'm trapped" outburst and ensuing emotional breakdown was good stuff -- if extremely telegraphed.

*pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 203December 30, 2021 6:45 PM

Maybe you old asses should stop bitching and just enjoy it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 204December 30, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] I also think, if you can get past the face, that Davis' acting has improved.

Why thank you R179!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 30, 2021 6:50 PM

Was anyone else expecting Carrie to fart In front of Charlotte when she was on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 206December 30, 2021 6:50 PM

I am just trying to be...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 30, 2021 6:50 PM

A serious, dramatic actress..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 30, 2021 6:51 PM

Best episode yet. The balance of old and new (problems, people) was probably the best it's been.

by Anonymousreply 209December 30, 2021 6:53 PM

if you want to see how bad of an actress Kristin Davis is, please watch Deadly Illusions

by Anonymousreply 210December 30, 2021 6:54 PM

R178: “Watch the gals collect Black friends!”

I will!

by Anonymousreply 211December 30, 2021 6:56 PM

And he’s replying to himself yet again…

by Anonymousreply 212December 30, 2021 6:56 PM

COVID would have been a realistic way to write off Stanford. More respectful of the times and the character than the flight to Japan.

by Anonymousreply 213December 30, 2021 6:59 PM

R213 that’s not the end of the character. They will close him off eventually, they just can’t kill him off right after Big died. Think of that trauma.

by Anonymousreply 214December 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Episode 5 was clearly an improvement. The dialogue was sharp and funny, as were the situations, and we got to see our main character interact and explore new dramatic territory. That conversation between Carrie and Miranda was exceptionally well-written and acted. Miranda, mortified at being caught out (literally) and trying to cover, and Carrie, furious with her friend and also deeply concerned about her, too. Great stuff.

But Miranda as a lesbian still doesn't work for me. It might, if this were our first time meeting her, but we saw her as happily, assiduously heterosexual for six years, and not as someone repressing a deep, dark secret. Hell, in one episode, she even *wanted* to date a lesbian to move ahead in her firm, but just didn't feel an attraction to women.

I can buy Miranda as unhappy in her marriage and drinking too much to cope. Many of us have been there. I've been there. But I didn't suddenly change into a raging heterosexual as a result.

This whole development feels like an actress, now empowered as an EP, egregiously rewriting a long-established character to suit her personal whims as a conditioning of returning to her role, which is exactly what it is.

by Anonymousreply 215December 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Mario Cantone's real life husband is cute. I knew nothing of him until someone referenced increasing diversity in the show "organically" - like Anthony dating a black guy since his real life husband is Black.

by Anonymousreply 216December 30, 2021 7:02 PM

Miranda having an affair with an inappropriate man would have made a lot more sense. OR, if she fell in love with a woman, make her an amazing, beautiful, accomplished woman, like Sam's girlfriend Maria. It's hard to believe Miranda would blow up her life for Che.

by Anonymousreply 217December 30, 2021 7:04 PM

OMG GET OVER IT OR DONT WATCH. JESUS. TALK ABOUT NITPICKING EVERY LITTLE THING.

and stop fucking replying to yourself. The psychotic behavior NEEDS TO STOP.

by Anonymousreply 218December 30, 2021 7:05 PM

Actually R217 it's got Switching Horses: The Rojo Caliente Story written all over, just with dark hair and more pronounced style.

by Anonymousreply 219December 30, 2021 7:07 PM

Two deaths in such a short order would be too much of a downer for any show like And Just Like That. IMO it was the right call to write Stanford out being somewhere else for a while.

Miranda having a drinking problem while feeling trapped in her her life rings very true to me. A lot of closet cases are unhappy in their lives and feel stuck while trying to cope with alcohol or drugs. And she made out with Che while she was drunk, which a lot of repressed and closeted people do (needing drugs or alcohol to lower their inhibition to allow themselves the pleasure they so desperately crave).

by Anonymousreply 220December 30, 2021 7:07 PM

R 218

by Anonymousreply 221December 30, 2021 7:08 PM

The real mistake was not being proactive and filming the Carrie/Stanford goodbye scene first. That way, even if Willie Garson couldn't film some of the smaller scenes, he'd at least have gotten a respectful send-off.

by Anonymousreply 222December 30, 2021 7:09 PM

Stanford could have been written off as a COVID victim prior to the start of the series. If they wanted to give Garson a paycheck, film a couple of flashbacks. Cantone could have come back as a widower who bonded with Carrie over being the one left behind.

by Anonymousreply 223December 30, 2021 7:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 30, 2021 7:11 PM

R223 that’s a terrible idea. Wow. Speaking of bad ideas but that’s what you come up with? Lmaoooooooo

by Anonymousreply 225December 30, 2021 7:11 PM

A second was already settled. It clearly says DUE TO NOTH.

by Anonymousreply 226December 30, 2021 7:12 PM

Was Garson upfront about the risk of not being able to finish his storyline due to a lingering illness?

I would rather think he kept it quiet out of fear of being dropped from the project.

by Anonymousreply 227December 30, 2021 7:14 PM

R227 yes. He was. SJP has been open about them working around his schedule to work it out for him as he wanted to do it.

by Anonymousreply 228December 30, 2021 7:15 PM

r228, if true, I think that was very nice of SJP. As a producer you would think she would put the show first, but she risked it to help and support a fellow co-star.

by Anonymousreply 229December 30, 2021 7:19 PM

I think Noth is just an excuse for HBO to wiggle out of a 2nd season if they want to. The show is clearly not being welcomed back the way everyone thought, and the network has better things to through millions and millions of dollar at than some woke scold of a series that people only watch to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 230December 30, 2021 7:29 PM

Too bad she wasn’t this supportive of her other costars in the past, R229.

by Anonymousreply 231December 30, 2021 7:30 PM

There is no way this show isn’t getting a second season. I say this as someone who’s found the show problematic. The Noth stuff is just the Daily Crap getting clicks.

by Anonymousreply 232December 30, 2021 7:34 PM

through=throw

I shall oh dear myself.

by Anonymousreply 233December 30, 2021 7:37 PM

Anybody else think they're keeping the door ajar hoping Kim Cattrall changes her mind?

I've thought that since Samantha sent the flowers to Big's funeral service and now the text exchange confirms it.

Or, they're going to re-cast, but, I think they want Cattrall back.

by Anonymousreply 234December 30, 2021 7:40 PM

The show is doing well. It’s getting a second season. Look at you lowlife pathetic losers, who bitch 24/7 yet keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 235December 30, 2021 7:43 PM

They need to bring Samantha back if they do a second season, even if they need to recast her.

by Anonymousreply 236December 30, 2021 7:52 PM

recasting samantha will be worse than not having her at all.

by Anonymousreply 237December 30, 2021 7:55 PM

At this point, I don't think they can recast. They've talked too much about original recipe Samantha. It's either newly multi-millionairess Kim Cattrall or Samantha continue changing the guard in London.

by Anonymousreply 238December 30, 2021 7:55 PM

If you’re a fan of the series you don’t wanna see Samantha played by someone else. That isn’t Samantha. For that you introduce another new character. Once again, DLer with numerous accounts making a stupid comment.

by Anonymousreply 239December 30, 2021 7:56 PM

If the blood is that bad between Cattrall and... almost everybody associated with the production... she may be well be in the mood to screw them. And at this point, why not?

by Anonymousreply 240December 30, 2021 7:56 PM

They should consider a CGI'ed Samantha next season. Much cheaper and less tension in the set.

by Anonymousreply 241December 30, 2021 7:58 PM

They do just a cameo of Samantha calling from London. Her talking to Carrie via a phone call.

I betcha they would pay her millions just for that

by Anonymousreply 242December 30, 2021 7:59 PM

What about a hologram Samantha?

by Anonymousreply 243December 30, 2021 8:00 PM

R239, I have a sincere question--why would anyone create multiple accounts to talk about this show? I think you're a tad paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 244December 30, 2021 8:01 PM

OMG, shut the fuck up already with your multiple accounts accusations. Nobody gives a shit. We're tired of you whining every three posts about something only you are noticing (and very likely making up whole cloth).

by Anonymousreply 245December 30, 2021 8:03 PM

Because the same accounts keep commenting back to back. The thread can go 3 hours with no comments and suddenly the same few accounts post back to back. Every time. It’s one person. What are the odds those same exact people are always on at the same exact time at various times of the day? Please. Plus where the postings are coming from….

by Anonymousreply 246December 30, 2021 8:05 PM

r244, there are some very insecure douchebags and haters on DL who prefer their opinion to be the dominant one, so they post and w&w their comments, and the ones coming from their sock puppet accounts, to establish their, preferably dominant, narrative.

by Anonymousreply 247December 30, 2021 8:06 PM

The new show is attracting a lot of criticism and many attribute the failure to the disappearance of Kim Catrall's character. So, surprise, surprise, the execs in charge, doing damage control, now find they do have the right amount of money to bring Kim back.

by Anonymousreply 248December 30, 2021 8:07 PM

R242. I’ll bet you they already filmed a KC cameo where she’s calling or texting from London and we’ll see it this season. Do you really think Kim would turn down a few million to film an isolated scene?

by Anonymousreply 249December 30, 2021 8:09 PM

They should do a season opener where Patrick Duffy opens the shower door and there she is... because while I'm glad to see them again at this point I'd welcome an it-was-all-a-dream-season.

by Anonymousreply 250December 30, 2021 8:43 PM

But would a cameo from Samantha not be too much of a tease? The fans would be pissed they aren't getting more of her.

Do you think the writers took on board the criticism Carrie is a lousy friend and are trying to make her improved by being there for Miranda and Charlotte?

I quite like the idea of Anthony as a widow bonding with Carrie actually. Is there any more scenes of Stanford to come?

by Anonymousreply 251December 30, 2021 8:46 PM

I thought this episode was incredible. I’m totally on board. This is how a reboot should be done.

by Anonymousreply 252December 30, 2021 9:02 PM

I'm shocked everyone is being so supportive of Carrie in this week's episode. As usual, Carrie made it ALL about HER. Her best friend breaks down crying, saying she feels trapped in her marriage and in her life, and all Carrie can think about is ME, ME, ME. How many times has Miranda been there for her?

by Anonymousreply 253December 30, 2021 9:04 PM

Yes Carrie was selfish in the scene with Miranda but she course corrected immediately when it was clear that Miranda was in distress.

by Anonymousreply 254December 30, 2021 9:06 PM

29% lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 30, 2021 9:07 PM

R246 it’s not multiple accounts. It’s prime time. When prime time is on, no one comments. When it lifts, everyone comments. Believe me, no one is juggling multiple accounts to comment here.

by Anonymousreply 256December 30, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] Yes Carrie was selfish in the scene with Miranda but she course corrected immediately when it was clear that Miranda was in distress.

Watch it again. She showed concern for a few seconds before she went right back to being selfish.

by Anonymousreply 257December 30, 2021 9:10 PM

The reason Episode 5 was better was it was just the girls + Che as a supporting character (minus the preaching).

by Anonymousreply 258December 30, 2021 9:12 PM

Did Carrie really fart in front of Charlotte?

by Anonymousreply 259December 30, 2021 9:15 PM

I criticize and nitpick like everybody but I like it overall. I’m glad it got made and hope there’s another season.

by Anonymousreply 260December 30, 2021 9:17 PM

R258 is right. We just don't care that much about the new supporting characters.

And sorry, #TeamCarrie regarding her argument with Miranda. If I awoke to find my55-year-old married best friend drunkenly fucking my boss in my kitchen, I'd be plenty steamed.

by Anonymousreply 261December 30, 2021 9:18 PM

But why does Carrie even have a boss? Is she not writing any more? She could do a "getting over losing the big one" crappy book.

by Anonymousreply 262December 30, 2021 9:21 PM

I like the new supporting characters but keep them supporting. Che may be more but that would make sense if Miranda continues with her. LTW and Seema are great in small doses. The professor wasn’t even around this episode. And that’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 263December 30, 2021 9:23 PM

Che could just be the gateway for Miranda to explore her lesbianism. Next season could have her dating around.

by Anonymousreply 264December 30, 2021 9:25 PM

Has there been any tits, arse or cock shown yet?

by Anonymousreply 265December 30, 2021 9:26 PM

Che already seems like she's gonna leave Miranda high and dry. Her attitude right after she pulled her fat paw out of Miranda's clam was- See ya, babe. I think that's gonna send Miranda back to the booze.

by Anonymousreply 266December 30, 2021 9:26 PM

R261 of course you agree with that account J, it’s you posting from an alt account.

by Anonymousreply 267December 30, 2021 9:30 PM

Lisa is the best one of the new characters.

by Anonymousreply 268December 30, 2021 9:31 PM

R256 hate to break it to you, but that’s not how DL works. Everyone posts at the same time? No. It’s all you. And as someone who almost ONE HUNDRED red tagged accounts, I would think you widened up to the bullshit by now.

by Anonymousreply 269December 30, 2021 9:32 PM

R267 go pooh on yourself, we don't need a hall monitor

by Anonymousreply 270December 30, 2021 9:32 PM

I don’t think Che not getting with or staying with Miranda will send Miranda back to booze. Che is clearly the person who made Miranda open up and she’ll take Che’s lessons about living truthfully and expressing herself and move forward positively - whether with Che or not.

by Anonymousreply 271December 30, 2021 9:34 PM

Okay, please clear this up for me- Did they actually combine the two apartments on Carrie's floor? I thought Aidan broke through the wall and Carrie freaked out on him, broke up with him, and they were able to fix the wall and stop the sale. But I look at Carrie's place and the layout looks completely different. I don't want to go back and watch the old episodes.

by Anonymousreply 272December 30, 2021 9:34 PM

R270 what we don’t need is someone commenting from numerous accounts to push a narrative.

by Anonymousreply 273December 30, 2021 9:34 PM

The professor is the least interesting new character who the writers have saddled with the ‘can women really have it all’ storyline. I feel bad for the actress because they’ve given her nothing to work with. I’d be happy to see her and Che go but keep Lisa and Seema.

by Anonymousreply 274December 30, 2021 9:36 PM

Oh, r269. You must be new to DL. You see, if I were red tagged, it would be on my post! Is it?

Btw, for someone who's accusing others of posting multiple times, you must have a couple hundred posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 275December 30, 2021 9:36 PM

R272. They never combined the apartments. Layout is the same but the decor is way different. Like the wallpaper and lack of bookcases by the door.

by Anonymousreply 276December 30, 2021 9:37 PM

R275 you have almost 100 red tagged accounts J. Just because you keep making new ones, clearing cookies and changing your IP doesn’t change that it’s one person posting over and over to push an agenda. When you were told to stop the psychotic behavior, you should have listened instead of continue it, on top of crimes like posting a photo of an almost nude minor on here.

by Anonymousreply 277December 30, 2021 9:41 PM

Ok, thanks. I didn't think they had, but it just looks so different (aside from the wallpaper, which I actually love, and I hate wallpaper).

by Anonymousreply 278December 30, 2021 9:42 PM

I had to block this asshole with his multiple accounts conspiracy theory. Another fucking loon.

by Anonymousreply 279December 30, 2021 9:43 PM

R279, yup, time to block this loon. It's clearly deranged--kind of sad, the show's only fan on this thread is certifiable. Hundreds of posts on how we're all red-tagged and using multiple accounts. I believe it also claimed to be able to see IP addresses.

by Anonymousreply 280December 30, 2021 9:47 PM

Is there any pics of her apartment from the new show? I googled but just came up with some Air B&B place

by Anonymousreply 281December 30, 2021 9:48 PM

The apartment definitely looked different. I wonder if they had trouble reconstructing the set? And I think that's the first glimpse we've seen of the inside of the entry way to the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 282December 30, 2021 9:50 PM

The show continues to try way to hard. I would love to delete Che and now Rock.

by Anonymousreply 283December 30, 2021 9:51 PM

Rock, what a fucking stupid name.

by Anonymousreply 284December 30, 2021 9:55 PM

I agree, r283, but this episode was a welcome improvement. I don't mind Che, tbh, but I think she's not a fully realized character. She's sort of a caricature to me.

by Anonymousreply 285December 30, 2021 10:02 PM

I fear Miranda is going to have a meltdown when she realizes that Che isn't in it for the long run.

by Anonymousreply 286December 30, 2021 10:06 PM

My name is Rock! I'm the new kid on the block!

by Anonymousreply 287December 30, 2021 10:12 PM

Cynthia directs the next episode

by Anonymousreply 288December 30, 2021 10:12 PM

Che is there as a plot device and for character development

by Anonymousreply 289December 30, 2021 10:17 PM

Couldn't Che just call in on the phone if they need character development?

by Anonymousreply 290December 30, 2021 10:21 PM

Please pics of Carrie's updated apartment?

by Anonymousreply 291December 30, 2021 10:22 PM

They did not begin by filming a Willie Garson good-bye scene because no one knew that he would not finish the season. Everyone knew he was not well, but everyone (Willie included) thought he had more time.

Then, as his condition deteriorated, a goodbye scene was written and partially filmed.

Then he worsened and the scene could not be completed.

by Anonymousreply 292December 30, 2021 11:25 PM

Couldn't Carrie have just screamed "Miranda I need help!"?

Oh and her non problem this week: a clearly very successful real estate agent is, gasp, doing her job very well to sell that apartment for millions, but, OH NO! Their stuff is gone and a frame was broken!

I will say, however, that the writing around the Rock issue seems very realistic, showing what parents are facing at schools and trying to do the right thing by their kids.

by Anonymousreply 293December 30, 2021 11:27 PM

It will be interesting to see where everyone is in the next episode if it’s skipping ahead 3 mos.

by Anonymousreply 294December 30, 2021 11:31 PM

^ How do we know that?

by Anonymousreply 295December 30, 2021 11:48 PM

The episode ended 3 mos later with Carrie back in heels after recovering from hip surgery.

by Anonymousreply 296December 30, 2021 11:55 PM

See. People like r295 are all over this thread yet haven’t even watched the episode. Not the first time that’s happened either.

by Anonymousreply 297December 30, 2021 11:57 PM

Should be interesting…. In fact, I wish they hadn’t gone thru that whole Big stuff and skipped to there. R292, thanks for the info btw. I wonder how they will write him off? Geez Big got the big funeral moment that should have been Stanford’s. But since I didn’t like the whole funeral plot as it was executed, I guess that’s ok. It makes me sad that Willie was intent in working to the point that he didn’t realize he didn’t have much time left.

by Anonymousreply 298December 31, 2021 12:09 AM

So, is Miranda still an alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 299December 31, 2021 12:16 AM

I think it was a cop out that Carrie's hip problem was something she was born with rather than what would be much more likely at her age, an age related hip problem like a stress fracture or something or just show her falling off those fucking ridiculous heels and breaking her hip. I'm sure it was SJP who insisted that Carrie's problem would not be an old woman's problem and it should have been something that would have kept her from wearing heels that high ever again for the rest of her life. What made it worse is that SJP looked at least 75 in most scenes. In general she looks much older than the other women. Being that thin, especially with a horse face to begin with, is not a favor to a woman SJP's age. She needs to put on about 15 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 300December 31, 2021 12:31 AM

It's clear this is just a money grab. 5 episodes in and there's virtually no compelling story going on. Dull as dish water.

by Anonymousreply 301December 31, 2021 12:37 AM

Well if I wasn't a gay man before, I certainly am now after seeing Sara Ramirez fingerbang Cynthia Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 302December 31, 2021 12:50 AM

Miranda had a realization, poured her Negroni down the sink, and now she's all better, r299!

by Anonymousreply 303December 31, 2021 1:05 AM

Well she feels better now that she’s getting her muffin fingered by a they

by Anonymousreply 304December 31, 2021 1:06 AM

It's a Christmas miracle, r303!

by Anonymousreply 305December 31, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]Nothing like watching the sexy, sassy ladies of the 90s turn into bitter, limping, alky crones of the 2020s.

It happens with every generation, going way back. A tale as old as time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 31, 2021 2:10 AM

[quote] I can understand once someone gets passed a certain age (especially) why they can’t me “model/actress thin” anymore. For most people it’s basically impossible.

Also, many older people just don't give a shit anymore. They're no longer sexually attractive and desirable so they just say "fuck it, it's not worth starving myself and working out like a freak anymore. I'll just have a few extra pounds. I'm not dyeing my hair anymore." Your priorities change with age.

by Anonymousreply 307December 31, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] Oh and her non problem this week: a clearly very successful real estate agent is, gasp, doing her job very well to sell that apartment for millions, but, OH NO! Their stuff is gone and a frame was broken!

That was not a non problem but very realistic. When one deals with grief and for the most part keeps it all together, it’s the littlest things that break you.

by Anonymousreply 308December 31, 2021 2:28 AM

Sara Ramirez is repulsive, I almost threw up at the finger banging scene. Fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 309December 31, 2021 2:31 AM

The wet the bed/finger bang was a low point. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 310December 31, 2021 2:58 AM

^ Sorry, hit the wrong button.

The bed wetting/finger banging was a low point for the show but I really liked the performance by both actresses in the confrontation. I love a good Seabiscuit pun as much as anybody but I think you guys are often unfairly hard on SJP. She did well in that scene and the writing was realistic. She wakes up to drug smoking drunken Miranda going lez in her kitchen and winds up with piss all over her bed. I think I'd find it tricky to get empathetic and stay that way too. Especially when I basically couldn't move.

The scene, though, to me, was Charlotte and Harry walking the corridor at the school. It was well written and again, well delivered. Kristin's face seemed less circus freaky.

But SJP... damn, she looks old. Actually, the three of them look like hell. LTW and Seema look great. They're the style on the show. The three originals look like Macbeth's weird sisters. SJP looks like a retired Vermont art teacher from the hairline down, not the ankle. I am watching the show from the beginning and she looks really good and best with short hair, often straight. What is that woman thinking?

Cynthia Nixon... man, she just screams fun sponge.

by Anonymousreply 311December 31, 2021 3:05 AM

Random thoughts:

Miranda’s wig is terrible

Seema must have the best bras money can buy. She’s very busty, but her girls look great!

Harry is morphing into an old lesbian.

Those baggy soot suit pants should look terrible on Charlotte, but she looked great In them.

by Anonymousreply 312December 31, 2021 3:25 AM

Zoot — goddamned autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 313December 31, 2021 3:26 AM

I noticed how fat Davis' ass looked in the school hallway scene when they showed her and Harry from the back.

Also, I don't buy the diverticulitis storyline with Che. You aren't that big of a porker if you have to watch what you eat that strictly for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 314December 31, 2021 3:28 AM

IMO, it's fine they look old - because they're old. Carrie dressing ridiculously - accurate because she always did. Law of the case. This episode got me over the top into liking it. Episodes 1 and 2 - generally WTF and cringe. 3 and 4 - certainly better, with some nice high points, but meh. This one clicked.

by Anonymousreply 315December 31, 2021 4:01 AM

They don’t look old, though. SJP is the only one who does but there are times she looks good and definitely better than she has in years.

Ep 5 was great and very much like the original SATC.

by Anonymousreply 316December 31, 2021 4:15 AM

This is why they had Carrie want to move back into her old apartment and find her old self again, so it starts to slowly feel like SATC again. It’s all part of the plan but people don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 317December 31, 2021 4:17 AM

Good point, R316. SJP/Carrie sort of goes back and forth between "she looks great for mid 50s" and "OMG, Carrie looks SO old." Makeup, lighting, etc., who knows. I think Nixon looks great actually.

by Anonymousreply 318December 31, 2021 4:18 AM

So I was reading the shows IG page and a lot of comments were saying they are making them seem like 80s instead of 50s. I know people here rag on them, but they’re really not that old. Not saying they should be like were in the original show, but perhaps like everything else, they swung too far in the opposite direction due to all the criticism.

by Anonymousreply 319December 31, 2021 4:22 AM

55 is definitely young to break a hip - you don’t really start to hear about those until at least 65/70. So I don’t think it was (just) vanity, they had to make up a reason.

But also...think of the age of some of the people watching this now...a lot if not quite that age are close. There’s a balance between acknowledging the passage of time and making a good chunk of their audience feel old.

by Anonymousreply 320December 31, 2021 4:22 AM

Madonna had hip surgery at 60.

My aunt needed knee surgery in her 40s.

We aren’t all the same.

by Anonymousreply 321December 31, 2021 4:24 AM

Yes, but they could have easily said Carrie fucked her hip up from wearing all those ridiculous shoes for 40 years. Valid reason.

by Anonymousreply 322December 31, 2021 4:25 AM

The reason they gave is valid also. Those types of defects take time to start causing pain sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 323December 31, 2021 4:28 AM

R321 is right. While the chances increase as you age and most hip surgeries/replacements are later, it's not "weird" or uncommon for people to have hip procedures in 40s and 50s. Also, it's just a device to explore aging in the show. It doesn't have to be totally "accurate." Prince, who died in his mid 50s from fentanyl overdose - part of the reason he was taking it was hip pain - from performing in heels over his career - jumping of risers, stomping around the stage, etc.. Sure, some of it would happen anyway, no matter the shoes, but the little boot heels exacerbated the issues.

by Anonymousreply 324December 31, 2021 4:29 AM

Well, maybe they were more conscious about not pissing off their beloved shoemakers than they were about Peloton.

by Anonymousreply 325December 31, 2021 4:34 AM

Supposedly the young actress played a part in crafting her “coming out” scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 31, 2021 4:37 AM

Is she related to Tilda?

by Anonymousreply 327December 31, 2021 4:39 AM

R327 her father is a cousin I believe.

by Anonymousreply 328December 31, 2021 4:42 AM

So now Samantha and Stanford are gone, they’re going to cycle through Anthony and when they become closer to the women, Lisa and Seema for the fourth seat. Hopefully not Che and Nya. I’d rather see Brenda Vaccaro.

by Anonymousreply 329December 31, 2021 4:54 AM

R309 I noticed in the hospital scene where Che and Miranda are eating lunch and talking about Che's diverticulitis, there was some very deliberate lighting on Che they made it seem like she almost had a holy glow.

As if she is some angelic figure sent to save Miranda.

And regarding the diverticulitis, all they talk about are old people problems (bad hips, peeing in bed, dead marriages) on this show. Next episode I guess they'll argue about which is better, Metamucil or Citrucel.

I don't want to hear about all the problems that lie ahead of me.

by Anonymousreply 330December 31, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote] I think Nixon looks great actually.

Somewhat agree with this, but every time she smiles, the only thing my eyes hone in on are her two brown front teeth! WTF! She is literally a millionaire she can afford a teeth cleaning and whitening! Or maybe the studio can pay for it, I don't know... but it's fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 331December 31, 2021 5:05 AM

Question, and I am not a show brasher I love the original and am enjoying this- why is Samantha not communicating with the other two? It was a a quadrangle friendship yet is seems Sam was only friends with Carrie.

I agree, they are ONLY in their 50s yet treating them like they’re in the 1950s being in their 50s. 50s in 2021 is nowhere near being old like it use to be.

by Anonymousreply 332December 31, 2021 5:06 AM

And another thing! When the three women are having lunch with Anthony and he makes Carrie laugh, he says he needs to be funny because this is the first time he's having lunch with them?! Is that a joke or are they just fucking asshole bitches who never once invited him to lunch in 25 years?!

by Anonymousreply 333December 31, 2021 5:11 AM

R332 yeah Steve’s 70% hearing loss again is something more typical for someone 75, not 55 (not saying it CANT happen, but like the hip problems certainly an outlier).

by Anonymousreply 334December 31, 2021 5:16 AM

Anthony was always Charlotte’s friend ever since he was introduced around season 3 of the OG show. He’s grown closer to the others since marrying Stanford but in the past he was never Carrie, Sam or Miranda’s friend.

by Anonymousreply 335December 31, 2021 5:16 AM

These aren’t 70 year olds yet they treat them like they are. Esp RICH 50 somethings are nowhere near old. Most normal 50 somethings aren’t considered old. So odd.

by Anonymousreply 336December 31, 2021 5:19 AM

Omg. Some 55 year olds have health issues. Jesus. Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 337December 31, 2021 5:20 AM

Sarah Jessica: It's about MEEE!!!

[quote]“She is fiercely protective of Carrie Bradshaw and livid that she and everyone else at the show has been put into this position,” the insider says. “It is not about the money, but rather her legacy. Carrie was all about helping women and now, under her watch, women are saying that they have been hurt.”

Um...none of the alleged assaults were on your set. How was it under your watch? Self centered as always

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 31, 2021 5:52 AM

R199, women - and men- do not automatically get fat once they hit their 50s, menopause or not. They just start eating (and drinking) more and moving less. They get lazy or lose motivation.

by Anonymousreply 339December 31, 2021 6:08 AM

R339 not how it works.

by Anonymousreply 340December 31, 2021 6:18 AM

Kristin was always slim but never super skinny the way SJP became one about season 3. She wears her weight really well.

No one has mentioned Cynthia’s facial work, but she was wise enough to get it done many months before shooting.

by Anonymousreply 341December 31, 2021 6:23 AM

I'm surprised that SJP didn't have the writers attribute Carrie's hip problems to being kicked viciously and repeatedly by Samantha in a drunken rage brought on by jealousy over how young, rich fabulous and chic Carrie was. And how Samantha could never return to the US because she had a warrant out for her arrest.

by Anonymousreply 342December 31, 2021 6:31 AM

[quote][R332] yeah Steve’s 70% hearing loss again is something more typical for someone 75, not 55 (not saying it CANT happen, but like the hip problems certainly an outlier).

Steve is a bartender. He spends his working life in an environment with loud noise and doesn't wear protection. It makes total sense that he'd experience hearing problems.

by Anonymousreply 343December 31, 2021 6:33 AM

R340, I've never written this, but I can say with total confidence - you type fat.

by Anonymousreply 344December 31, 2021 6:35 AM

R344 no. I’m just sick of you being all over the thread without knowing what you’re speaking about, ever. You also barely watch the show otherwise you wouldn’t need us to always answer questions for you. You’re a grown ass man too. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 345December 31, 2021 6:43 AM

Kristen has always been hippy.

by Anonymousreply 346December 31, 2021 6:43 AM

R339 again there’s a big difference between fat (which I think most people can control) and getting a little “thick” not being “actress/model thin” - but still “real life thin.” I mean a huge difference. The latter is almost inevitable for the vast majority of people as they age - this isn’t controversial.

by Anonymousreply 347December 31, 2021 6:45 AM

It’s kind of creepy that schools don’t inform parents their child has changed their pronouns and is using a different name. Sure call the child what it wants within reason but the parents find out through the grapevine? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 348December 31, 2021 6:47 AM

This show keeps getting better and better. Loving it.

by Anonymousreply 349December 31, 2021 6:47 AM

Someone needs to teach Kristen how to act like she’s eating the breadstick in her hand.

by Anonymousreply 350December 31, 2021 6:47 AM

i miss samantha.

by Anonymousreply 351December 31, 2021 6:49 AM

What are you talking about? I'm not all over this thread, and I have not asked any questions. I have watched the series original and the reboot. I've just mastered weight control and think others can do the same.

R339

by Anonymousreply 352December 31, 2021 6:50 AM

I know this is a few episodes back, but it would not be that hard to hack a Windows password. There's shit you can download (at your peril mind you) that can crack Windows passwords.

It's not military grade encryption and surely she has the money to hire some tech who could do it.

by Anonymousreply 353December 31, 2021 6:59 AM

They ruined the rewatch value of the show by shitting all over Miranda and Steve’s relationship. I hate when reboots do shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 354December 31, 2021 7:04 AM

Any lesbians watching the show? Did any of you find the scene of Miranda getting fingered by Rojo Ramirez hot?

by Anonymousreply 355December 31, 2021 7:07 AM

R354 ummmmm you must be joking…

by Anonymousreply 356December 31, 2021 7:08 AM

R354 YES. Just have them divorced by now. Period. Her and Steve had a great relationship. No need to ruin it by making Steve seem 90 years old.

by Anonymousreply 357December 31, 2021 7:18 AM

As someone who is 35 with hearing loss, I’m sick to death of you all acting like it’s IMPOSSIBLE for anyone under 90 to lose hearing. It isn’t. Fucking uneducated losers. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 358December 31, 2021 7:20 AM

For those who miss Samantha, i am quite sure that if she reprised her former role as the freewheelin' slutty gal about town now in her MID-SIXTIES, the reboot would be 10x more trashed than it is now. The best thing that could have happened to Sam would have been to have married a man like Big and spend her days lunching, shopping, and getting beauty treatments.

by Anonymousreply 359December 31, 2021 7:32 AM

R359 We’ve been programmed to think certain behaviors are growth or not as we age. Sam could still get good cock at her current age. WHO CARES if somebody acts the same as they did in their 40s or 60s? It is their life, not yours. Lets stop putting people in boxes. Only the lonely, fat and/or old and ugly chastise those who are older but still LIVE life to the fullest.

by Anonymousreply 360December 31, 2021 7:54 AM

Well, aren't you stunning and brave, R360? Sam was ridiculed for her typical Sam behaviour in the second movie and that was 12 years ago. Some things do not look better with age. Slutty geriatric sex might be a bridge too far even for the current woke-a-rama on the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 361December 31, 2021 8:21 AM

The woke rewrite might have had Samantha going trans and declaring that she had always felt like a gay man trapped in a woman's body.

by Anonymousreply 362December 31, 2021 8:32 AM

I could have gone my whole life just fine without seeing that Che and Miranda sex scene. The character assassination done to Steve and Miranda and their relationship in the reboot is sad.

by Anonymousreply 363December 31, 2021 8:50 AM

If Samantha was back, I think it'd be nice to see the other women being jealous that while they are going through family, relationship and life crises, Samantha seems to have it all. The show often mocked Samantha for her ' lifestyle ' which got her into trouble, so it'd be fun to see that her lifestyle choices actually paying off and the other women being a bit bitter that she is happy, vibrant and enjoying life to the fullest, causing them to rethink their lives and choices. She doesn't need to be as skanky as she was before, but a cougar for sure.

by Anonymousreply 364December 31, 2021 8:54 AM

The thing is, the way Samantha was written out of the show doesn't just look like she abandoned her friends, she also abandoned New York which was a major part of Sex & The City.

r364. I don't think it would be "on message" to portray someone, who has left New York, leading a much better life than she had in New York and making her friends feel less good about living in the greatest city in the world.

by Anonymousreply 365December 31, 2021 9:01 AM

Miranda now acts like a nervous, out of touch old lady. They ruined her character

by Anonymousreply 366December 31, 2021 10:27 AM

These are 2 entirely different shows with different characters played by the same ensemble.

One show: stupid but fun and occasionally great.

One show: stupid, scolding, and abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 367December 31, 2021 10:50 AM

r366, maybe, but it rings somewhat true the way she acts now if she felt lost and trapped her whole life. Apparently corporate lawyer life wasn't for her, so she had to quit while not knowing what she actually wants since, even after she quit, she still felt lost and trapped. And that's because of her marriage to Steve. That's why Che's stand-up performance was such a big deal to her, because it offered her a solution, a way out of a trapped life and feeling miserable. Miranda is basically a chicken with her head cut off looking for a greater purpose than being a wife to Steve and a mother to Brady who does all those disgusting things (being a slob at home) apparently.

by Anonymousreply 368December 31, 2021 10:54 AM

Let's be honest, they only added the Miranda/Che sex scene to lure in loads of horny guys wanting to be aroused.

by Anonymousreply 369December 31, 2021 10:57 AM

R369 yeah no

by Anonymousreply 370December 31, 2021 10:58 AM

I wonder if they are heading towards a Kim Cattrall cameo with the scene with Carrie messaging her and Samantha replying. They could do a video call in the last episode to keep us hanging. Lots of money for Kim Cattrall and minimal real life interaction with SJP. I just don’t see where they are going with that storyline otherwise. Plenty of other storylines so far make little sense so perhaps I’m barking up the wrong tree.

by Anonymousreply 371December 31, 2021 11:02 AM

^ they could’ve filmed Kim Cattrall off-set too and kept it quiet.

by Anonymousreply 372December 31, 2021 11:03 AM

A cameo by Kim would probably put an end to DL. It would explode by the sheer amount of posts about it.

by Anonymousreply 373December 31, 2021 11:06 AM

I just feel like this is a Norman Lear show now. Sometimes you want to be entertained and not have 42 social/political issues in your stories.

by Anonymousreply 374December 31, 2021 11:10 AM

Che and Miranda are just a reverse Marcie and Peppermint Patty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 31, 2021 11:45 AM

Kim Cattrall has made it clear that she has no interest in ever portraying Samantha Jones again. She has mentally moved on. She won’t film a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 376December 31, 2021 12:00 PM

In some scenes her hair looks natural, but in others it looks like a fake ol’ wig - is this CN’s real hair or a wig?

by Anonymousreply 377December 31, 2021 12:08 PM

It’s a wig.

by Anonymousreply 378December 31, 2021 12:54 PM

I am on board with two points made above... I feel like babling, so indulge me.

First.... I miss Samantha too but the Samantha we miss would be kind of pathetic at this point. She might be free to pursue sex like she used to but the quality of bone would decline. Though she could still be hightailing it around Manhattan with guys her own age. Also, I had the impression that Samantha had mellowed a bit on the hellcat front after the cancer storyline and the scene with Smith where she told him - and I still remember it because it was sweet - you have meant more to me than any many I've ever known. And that was a regiment.

What I miss about Samantha is the warmth and the self-confidence. She was to me the most grounded and truly loving of the four by the end of the series. She took everything in her stride and she was kind and funny and warm to all of them, even the annoying Charlotte. The show could do with that if it's going to be Four Doctors Appointments and a Funeral.

by Anonymousreply 379December 31, 2021 12:56 PM

I agree the Miranda character has been ruined - she is nothing like where we left her. For someone sitting on their lesbianism she really leaned in to faking it. Notwithstanding she rejected lesbianism early in the series, didn't even try, but series five and six were all about her pain at figuring out she really loved Steve Brady, who inexplicably adored her (Miranda was a lot of fucking work), and did a detour with some pretty robust sex and attraction with Blair Underwood. These aren't real people and you can play with the chess pieces, but it seems to me Miranda's a retcon too far if you're trying to invite your audience back.

I wonder if it's Cynthia Nixon's doing. There was a story in the Daily Maul that said she nearly derailed the reboot unless there were significant changes to the tone and content and diversity. Miranda's story doesn't seem unfamiliar to Cynthia Nixon. The whole show feels increasingly like it is written by committee with a whiteboard upon which is a long check list.

I go back and forth on Nixon. She is a powerful actress but her voice always sounds like she's tense and it's wavering in her upper range and with Miranda, she always sounds like she's going to start yelling, mixed with that tight, warbly sound you get when you're trying not to cry and keep speaking at the same time. "Carrie, no!" "Charlotte, that's insane!" "Stay away from him!" She needs breath lessons, even at this advanced age.

by Anonymousreply 380December 31, 2021 12:56 PM

Was that the first ever episode devoted to Diverticulitis? I admit, I've forgotten most of the ABC After School Specials.

by Anonymousreply 381December 31, 2021 12:59 PM

Didn't Nixon say she chose to be a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 382December 31, 2021 1:03 PM

THAT’S MORAL RELATIVISM!!

by Anonymousreply 383December 31, 2021 1:04 PM

"I wonder if it's Cynthia Nixon's doing."

I think it is. She lived Miranda's life trajectory - married to a guy, had kids. And then she went lez later in life. Apparently she wanted that incorporated into the character. It doesn't bother me that much, but it just doesn't feel that well structured. I guess it's supposed to be unstructured and shocking - make us feel WTF?

by Anonymousreply 384December 31, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]I wonder if it's Cynthia Nixon's doing. There was a story in the Daily Maul that said she nearly derailed the reboot unless there were significant changes to the tone and content and diversity. Miranda's story doesn't seem unfamiliar to Cynthia Nixon.

She basically demanded that Miranda be turned into a caricature of Nixon herself.

by Anonymousreply 385December 31, 2021 1:17 PM

IIRC Cynthia's hub was also a short, geeky Jewish looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 386December 31, 2021 1:20 PM

Was he deaf and frigid?

by Anonymousreply 387December 31, 2021 1:26 PM

I don't know if Nixon specifically wanted Miranda to become a late in life lesbian, but all the ladies had a brief lesbian story moment. Samantha had an actual relationship that didn't work out, Miranda used a lesbian to move up in her profession and cursed her heterosexuality even, Charlotte had her lesbian friends and her threesome moment and Carrie had that one kiss with Alanis that did nothing for her. None of the main ladies were able to lez out without it contradicting their previous behavior, so now they are brute forcing the storyline on someone, and I'm sure Nixon is more than happy to do it herself.

by Anonymousreply 388December 31, 2021 1:28 PM

Maybe Steve gets a great hearing aid and decides to fight for that ginger minge

by Anonymousreply 389December 31, 2021 1:32 PM

Miranda will probably also run for public office.

by Anonymousreply 390December 31, 2021 1:40 PM

More like pubic office.

by Anonymousreply 391December 31, 2021 1:52 PM

Well we know she's open to stuffing the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 392December 31, 2021 1:56 PM

Waaay back at r358. Advising they be blocked. They are shitting on every poster on this thread, insulting all of us and claiming we don't know what we're talking about in every post. I blocked them awhile ago, after they claimed I had multiple red-tagged accounts. They're a first class loon.

by Anonymousreply 393December 31, 2021 2:45 PM

R380 you agree because You are agreeing with yourself. Over and over and over and over on this thread. You continue to “agree” with your own posts. What is wrong with you? Seriously. What is wrong? Your behavior is absolutely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 394December 31, 2021 2:55 PM

R393 J, but you do. You just received a few more a few days ago. You’re sick and need to get off of this site. Muriel blames you partly for the decline of this site too, which is why you keep getting red tagged. You’re a psycho who keeps replying to himself.

by Anonymousreply 395December 31, 2021 2:57 PM

Also, psycho, you mentioned Steve and Miranda’s relationship being ruined numerous times with more than one account, in some cases repeating yourself word for word. Did you not think it was noticeable?

You clearly never ever watched the OG show or the movies. Nothing was ruined. Steve and Miranda always had a fucked up relationship, not to mention, people grow apart with time. We aren’t watching 32 year old Miranda anymore and you can’t seem to handle that. People age. You’re aging. People change with time. Relationships change with time. It happens. If everything in your life is exactly the same for 25 years, that’s terrible. No growth. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 396December 31, 2021 3:00 PM

R394-R396, you just proved my point. I never posted one thing about Steve or Miranda's relationship. Nada. And I've seen the OG multiple times, I'm a huge fan. You--and I say this with all sincerity--need professional help. Seeing boogey men at every turn is not normal.

by Anonymousreply 397December 31, 2021 3:03 PM

R397 only you did J. Enough already. Enough. You’ve ruined yet another thread with your crazy shit

by Anonymousreply 398December 31, 2021 3:05 PM

Hah!! Sure r398. You've shit on everyone in here, but I ruined the thread.

by Anonymousreply 399December 31, 2021 3:10 PM

I'm R380, who apparently agrees and agrees and agrees with myself but can't see anything between R392 and this post because I already had the nut on block. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 400December 31, 2021 3:12 PM

8 posts missing because I blocked a crazy. Nuts.

by Anonymousreply 401December 31, 2021 3:12 PM

Is Che going to finger Steve’s asshole? Because I’m here for that show

by Anonymousreply 402December 31, 2021 3:14 PM

I do wonder how the Miranda stuff will shake out... and I really wonder if this mirrors what happened to her in real life. It seems so close, really.

by Anonymousreply 403December 31, 2021 3:14 PM

R400 but you’re on here at the same exact time as that “other” poster, all the time? Notice “he” commented and now you did right after? This is 24/7. No matter what time of day you happen to be online and on the same thread at the same time? Yet you want us to believe this? How does your brain work?

by Anonymousreply 404December 31, 2021 3:16 PM

[Quote]I do wonder how the Miranda stuff will shake out... and I really wonder if this mirrors what happened to her in real life. It seems so close, really.

Rojo Caliente must have shoved her sausagey fingers in Cynthia's greasy box in a kitchen somewhere in real life. Was it SJP's NYC mansion? Perhaps that's why she rations out the Vaseline now.

by Anonymousreply 405December 31, 2021 3:22 PM

R400, you probably have me blocked from something else I posted, but I'll post this anyway. It's pretty funny that people think we're the same person. I'm actually the OP of this thread... glad at least you can view the thread. Now back to discussion of the show.

by Anonymousreply 406December 31, 2021 3:24 PM

Because you are the same person sick fuck. Take your meds and get off the internet.

by Anonymousreply 407December 31, 2021 3:27 PM

Some poster has discovered that more than one person and his nemesis can comment on a DL thread AT THE SAME TIME!

by Anonymousreply 408December 31, 2021 3:27 PM

Hah I just remembered something funny from the episode 6 preview--the plastic surgery doctor thinking Carrie is there for plastic surgery when it's actually Anthony. I think this might lead to Carrie considering doing something--maybe botox or fillers. It seems like a strange thing to drop in there, and I think we all agree she might do well with a touch up (although I sort of admire her for not doing anything apparent to her face).

Btw, as someone upthread mentioned, Kristin's fillers have definitely settled. She looks much closer to herself, albeit obviously older.

by Anonymousreply 409December 31, 2021 3:35 PM

Is this episode the first time we see the entryway to Carrie's apartment? Is that entry way Carrie's or just the entryway to the building?

by Anonymousreply 410December 31, 2021 3:55 PM

Oh look! Now I'm a fire hydrant!

by Anonymousreply 411December 31, 2021 3:56 PM

I think that was the first time, R410. I don't remember ever seeing the inside of the front door to the building before. It is weird that there were a bunch of umbrellas, and the mail being on a table, instead of in mailboxes. I don't see how that could just be Carrie's though, given the outside of the building. Of course, there are plenty of shows where the exteriors. I am not going to mention any because this thread is enough of a shit show already, and mention of the layout of the house the old ladies in America's Wang lived in will just make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 412December 31, 2021 3:59 PM

We always knew it was a switch that can be turned on or OFF!

by Anonymousreply 413December 31, 2021 4:01 PM

R410 and R412. The building is a brownstone. If all the apartments had separate entries, with staircases, just think how big the building would have to be? This is not Doctor Who.

by Anonymousreply 414December 31, 2021 4:10 PM

More like Doctor ‘Ho

by Anonymousreply 415December 31, 2021 4:15 PM

More like Doctor Lez

by Anonymousreply 416December 31, 2021 4:22 PM

I couldn't even make it through the last episode. Miranda having sex with That's Pat and saying she hated her life was gag inducing. Seeing Carrie on the toilet and the whole Rock storyline and Stewart's distracting face was too much for me. They are seriously trying too hard with the inclusiveness. I could see Rose being a lesbian but going all the Trans? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 417December 31, 2021 4:32 PM

I think David Eigenberg is SEXY

Sorry if people think he is boring - he had a HOT body back in the SATC days

by Anonymousreply 418December 31, 2021 4:37 PM

"I couldn't even make it through the last episode. Miranda having sex with That's Pat and saying she hated her life was gag inducing. Seeing Carrie on the toilet and the whole Rock storyline and Stewart's distracting face was too much for me."

But it wasn't too much; you've described most of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 419December 31, 2021 4:38 PM

Ironically Anthony going for a face lift when he actually looks better now than 20 years ago, was this maybe a storyline meant for Stanford?

I'm sure we never saw her entrance hall before, I always imagined it to be more dingy.

by Anonymousreply 420December 31, 2021 4:45 PM

I can understand a school respecting a child's wishes, but it boggles the mind that they wouldn't touch base with the parents, to be on the same page.

That sex scene wasn't even gross, it was just...bland. No heat whatsoever.

Between SJP's ego (her hip was fucked from birth! It's not age!) and Cynthia demanding that Miranda follow her real life...jesus christ. Thankfully Kristin just seems happy to get paid.

by Anonymousreply 421December 31, 2021 4:52 PM

Ironically SJP could use dome botox or better lighting because her forward looks like an old lady in most shots, even with the makeup obviously troweled on.

The men on this show have always been under-written, so the lack of anything for Harry and Steve to do is consistent. Hip replacement has become pretty common among people in their 59s and even mid-to-late 40s---sometimes it's an arthritis-related disease, sometimes it seems to be certain kinds of sports or other activities. Even though osteo is more common among women than men, a broken hip at 55 is a bit much. The show doesn't have to get all the details right but some kernals of truth make the fantasy (if the dreary proceedings her could be called that) work better.

by Anonymousreply 422December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

The SATC has morphed from a flirty, escapist show into something darker in AJLT. A finger-wagging, woke-insisting lecture on life.

No wonder there are questions regarding how well it has gone over. Will there even be a 2nd season?

According to the blind below, if not renewed, the blame will be placed solely at Noth and Cattrall’s feet....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423December 31, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] Thankfully Kristin just seems happy to get paid.

It's either this or Hallmark movies, filmed in BFE Canada. I can't blame her.

by Anonymousreply 424December 31, 2021 5:12 PM

No way it isn't renewed. It's getting unreal buzz. Of course, much of it negative. But HBO doesn't care if you hate-watch it, as long as you watch it, and people are watching.

by Anonymousreply 425December 31, 2021 5:16 PM

Not only does Che/Pat have to be there teaching us all but they want to fuck her too huh?

by Anonymousreply 426December 31, 2021 5:17 PM

Not only is Che repulsive, but she's not too far away from 50 years old and her entire life is her gender identity, sexual exploits and smoking pot. She's like a goddamn teenager. It's ridiculous for a person her age.

by Anonymousreply 427December 31, 2021 5:20 PM

Damn, r427, as someone who's nearing 50, I sometimes yearn for those days.

by Anonymousreply 428December 31, 2021 5:21 PM

r428 I'm in my forties and I look back fondly on my partying/whoring around days, but I would feel absolutely ridiculous if I were still living that kind of lifestyle as a middle-aged person.

by Anonymousreply 429December 31, 2021 5:26 PM

What bothers me most about Miranda's storyline is they are completely ignoring Steve. They've had what, two short, nothing scenes of the two of them? Maybe if they actually wrote some interesting, real life dialogue and explored the situation between well known characters in whose relationship the fan base is invested (for better or for worse) then we would have more of an understanding of or sympathy for Miranda's situation while also getting to look at it from Steve's side.

But instead, they are going to do what they always do- make a character disposable because it's too much work to write a real scene.

by Anonymousreply 430December 31, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] No way it isn't renewed.

Am not as confident as you. The initial curiosity has faded. The bloom is off the Rose. In the climate of woke-everything, many are weary of being lectured.

Many I know have given up on the series. They have better things to do then “hate-watch”, i. e. they prefer to watch things that attract them.

by Anonymousreply 431December 31, 2021 5:43 PM

HBO has for many years been trigger happy when it comes to renewing series way too early before the real viewership shakes out. And they have more recently walked back some of those renewals. However, I think that, barring some unforeseen circumstance (say, SLP herself deciding to pull the plug, which would never happen), this thing gets its 2nd season and then limps off into the sunset until they all decide to do it again in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 432December 31, 2021 5:49 PM

Absolutely, r429, but I still sometimes think about those days wistfully--I'm quarantining today, so maybe that's why I'm in a nostalgic mood.

by Anonymousreply 433December 31, 2021 6:03 PM

No good ending R419? I turned it off after the scene of Charlotte and Harry at the school. Not even sure why the husband's are in the show.

by Anonymousreply 434December 31, 2021 6:19 PM

R427 I was thinking it would be more understandable if Che was Miranda's intellectual equivalent, after years of lovely but much-less-smart Steve. I could just about buy that.

I wonder if they will have Miranda realise its an infatuation caused by identity crisis, and she returns to Steve, or that would rile up the wokies too much?

by Anonymousreply 435December 31, 2021 6:20 PM

This show is OVER. O-V-E-R. Nobody has fun anymore, whatever happened to FUN?? God, I’m so bored I could die…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436December 31, 2021 6:29 PM

You just know they all would have preferred to do the movie, much less work for comparable pay (if not more).

How is Kristin's acting? All joking aside I thought she came into her own in season 6 with more serious stuff to do

by Anonymousreply 437December 31, 2021 6:31 PM

R361 STFU troll

STOP with the continued bitching about wokeness. That is straight up right wing talking points.

This episode handled the trans issue well. Harry and Charlotte want to be supportive but are confused and clearly don’t like it. They asked all the right questions like is this a phase, Rock is young, and on and on.

SJP looks way better than I thought she would in this. She needs to gain weight which would soften her face a lot. Cynthia and Kristin look great. If Cynthia kept her red hair she would almost look like she hadn’t aged at all.

by Anonymousreply 438December 31, 2021 6:39 PM

I'm glad that Miranda was able to cure her alcoholism in 20 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 439December 31, 2021 7:03 PM

There is no way this doesn't get a second season. Unless SJP makes that request, which she won't.

HBO renewed SJP's previous series Divorce, which had NO buzz or viewers.

This, by contrast, is a very high-profile project.

I wonder if SJP is blaming Kim Cattrall for people not liking the new series.

by Anonymousreply 440December 31, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]There is no way this doesn't get a second season. Unless SJP makes that request, which she won't.

SJP is going to ride this dead horse for the rest of her life. If she lives to her 80s she will still be reviving it.

by Anonymousreply 441December 31, 2021 7:08 PM

[quote]I wonder if SJP is blaming Kim Cattrall for people not liking the new series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442December 31, 2021 7:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 31, 2021 7:21 PM

I don't really get why Noth would prohibit a Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 444December 31, 2021 7:26 PM

The Chris Noth allegations will have no impact on renewal. He was killed off in episode 1.

This is a vanity project for SJP and HBO likes giving SJP her way, as she was the star of one of their first hits.

by Anonymousreply 445December 31, 2021 7:30 PM

R438: “ STOP with the continued bitching about wokeness. That is straight up right wing talking points.”

We know you’re still alive, Norman Lear. No need to prove it by posting here.

by Anonymousreply 446December 31, 2021 7:32 PM

I enjoyed Divorce and wish it had lasted longer. It kind of ended abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 447December 31, 2021 7:35 PM

I don't think Noth's problems would have anything to do with a second season. I also think the Daily Fail is just looking for clicks. I bet they go into overdrive to get Kim back on the show, though. Can you imagine the hype if she showed up in the last episode?

by Anonymousreply 448December 31, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote] The Chris Noth allegations will have no impact on renewal. He was killed off in episode 1

There may be questions as to what went on at the set (SATC/AJLT) and how much the actors knew of North’s poor behaviour; especially given the “wokeness” turn of the show.

A Charlotte stand-in publicly wrote of North’s harassment on SATC during the #MeToo movement. She just did not name him.

Given the most recent allegations, the same crew member has come out and named him specifically as well as detailing poor behaviour on set.

This does not look good for any of them.

Likely SJP knew of North’s issues.

by Anonymousreply 449December 31, 2021 7:44 PM

R449, if this had broken before AJLT aired, they would have killed him off anyway, or written him out like the Equalizer. They actually appear prescient. But I agree with you that they must have known...

by Anonymousreply 450December 31, 2021 7:46 PM

I'm hanging in there with this show, but only just. Yes, it's pretty terrible. The MIranda lesbian storyline is particularly strange. It would have made more sense if she shagged some other high flying lawyer type - some guy she met at Big's funeral, maybe? It would make sense that she's tired of being married to lovable loser barman Steve and wants an intellectual/social equal.

The clothes are also odd. Society as a whole has become more causal so all the co-ordinated "eccentric" outfits look really out of step. The age of the actresses and their changing figures is also highlighted in the worst possible way by the wardrobe department. Carrie also need also needs a good haircut. "Just out of bed hair" at 30 becomes "old lady off her meds" at 50.

by Anonymousreply 451December 31, 2021 7:53 PM

They're dressed to the nines at all times, which is just ridiculous. Even richy rich UES women go to brunch or run errands in jeans and sweaters.

by Anonymousreply 452December 31, 2021 7:58 PM

I think Noth filmed one more scene with SJP in Paris. I guess he comes to Carrie in a dream? Wonder if they’ll cut it.

by Anonymousreply 453December 31, 2021 8:06 PM

It might cause gay women to be aroused but it did nothing for me except made me feel like I was going to puke. Maybe if it had been in a bed or on a couch or even the floor it wouldn't have seemed so gross but standing in the kitchen! Ewww. And I don't think Che even washed her hands afterward. Double Ewwwww

by Anonymousreply 454December 31, 2021 8:18 PM

When Carrie texted "Miss you" to Samantha did Samantha text miss you back. I didn't quite get if she did or didn't. All I know is Carrie had a pissed look on her face after the text ended. Then again that's really her natural expression usually.

by Anonymousreply 455December 31, 2021 8:20 PM

Samantha started typing then stopped. No response.

by Anonymousreply 456December 31, 2021 8:24 PM

I just want to see Miranda's kid and his whore girlfriend thrown out and living on the street and then show no more of them. What a disgusting mother Miranda turned out to be and Steve a disgusting father.

by Anonymousreply 457December 31, 2021 8:28 PM

The whore girlfriend is not funny or insightful. And whores can be!

She needs to be pushed onto some subway tracks and forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 458December 31, 2021 8:43 PM

They really should've made them college age. Would the parents of high school students remotely be ok with this? And who the fuck buys lube on Amazon?

by Anonymousreply 459December 31, 2021 8:56 PM

R455 Samantha left Carrie on read. Much like the HBO is doing to to SJP regarding a season 2 (according to blindgossip.com and the Daily Fail at least).

by Anonymousreply 460December 31, 2021 9:06 PM

I think with Brady they're trying to paint Steve and Miranda, not as lazy parents (which it would seem like to some), but progressive, accepting, "be your own person" parents who provide guidance but don't set super hard boundaries. Though that's hardly how it comes across. I agree, Brady should have been in college. It doesn't look like they're going to do much with him and he and the girlfriend are just a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 461December 31, 2021 9:19 PM

R438, Oh honey. You don't even want to know what has been happening in CA. Way worse than this.

by Anonymousreply 462December 31, 2021 9:22 PM

The whole situation with Miranda's kid is weird. Where are that girl's parents and no HS kid in my class level, solid middle to upper middle, would allow that shit under their roof. The girl has full run of the house and acts like a sexually experienced 35 year old and not a fumbling, horny teen.

by Anonymousreply 463December 31, 2021 9:24 PM

I need to go back and watch the credits of the Hip episode. The hospital name, St Claire, was huge and after surgery Carrie had on insane pearls. I wonder if Claire's Boutique had a product placement deal. I mean, who wears pearls all the time, especially right after hip replacement or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 464December 31, 2021 10:54 PM

Carrie does. She's always dressed outrageously, inappropriately, ridiculously - going back to the original series. Not in every episode or scene, but often enough that it was a "thing" of her character.

by Anonymousreply 465December 31, 2021 11:05 PM

r465, you know what? Carrie did dress like a kook, but many times, she dressed like a regular person. It's crazy, in this series, she's a kook in every scene. I remember when she got robbed of her Manolos--she looked great and was wearing a very nice wrap dress.

by Anonymousreply 466December 31, 2021 11:09 PM

I agree R466, she had many moments of looking very nice, fashionable, in the original series.

by Anonymousreply 467December 31, 2021 11:14 PM

I think if the team takes a step back in season 2 and returns to what made the show so popular, it might stand a chance. There was definitely a glimpse in episode 5. The one thing I would recommend is, it cannot be relentlessly sad and serious. It was always escapist tv, and geez, we need that now.

by Anonymousreply 468December 31, 2021 11:17 PM

Imagine the meeting:

HBO: We need to recalibrate the tone. Get back to what the audience loved before.

MPK: I can write that. I can write anything. As you've seen. What about a cruise - except there's a COVID outbreak and the glaciers melt?!

SJP: I'll do anything. People are hungry for more ingenue Carrie. And my squeal!

KD: I'll do anything she doesn't do!

CN: It's perfect. I won't come back if you change anything. This is what people want. This is what people need. And there's no story without Miranda!

KC: I wouldn't touch this turkey for $20 million and a whatever-you-want development deal.

by Anonymousreply 469December 31, 2021 11:22 PM

This episode had more energy than the previous ones, but it was equally dumb. getting back into heels and dumb looking clothes. The wetting the bed and Carrie does need botox in almost every shot. Miranda's late in life realization would make more sense if we didn't already know that she rejected the lesbian lane. Diverticulitis?

The preview suggests dumber outfits and even Charlotte is in one plus Carrie definitely looks like a better candidate for plastics than Anthony--that neck, that forehead. the old gray mare ain't what she used to be.

by Anonymousreply 470January 1, 2022 12:11 AM

I don't think she wet the bed. She went in a snapple bottle or something and then spilled it. The same result though - piss sheets.

by Anonymousreply 471January 1, 2022 12:41 AM

[quote]When Carrie texted "Miss you" to Samantha did Samantha text miss you back. I didn't quite get if she did or didn't. All I know is Carrie had a pissed look on her face after the text ended.

CARRIE: "I miss you."

SAMANTHA: "Do I miss you? Neeeeeeeeigh!"

by Anonymousreply 472January 1, 2022 12:41 AM

Can women really piss in a bottle while laying in bed? I don’t have any idea.

by Anonymousreply 473January 1, 2022 12:55 AM

Nope they can’t r473

by Anonymousreply 474January 1, 2022 1:19 AM

Cynthia Nixon's hair is a wig

They always gave Miranda the most embarrassing/humiliating sex scenes. Guess things didn't change that much.

by Anonymousreply 475January 1, 2022 1:25 AM

R466 she dressed like a regular person in s1-3. Tops, jeans, cardigans etc. In s4 onwards she started wearing knee high socks and stilettos to buy bread

by Anonymousreply 476January 1, 2022 1:30 AM

R475 really? Funky spunk, squirting vaginas, orange pubes disagree

by Anonymousreply 477January 1, 2022 1:32 AM

The funniest sex scene in the original series was Samantha and the gay couple. Everything is going along fine until they get a whiff of her pussy then they decide they’d rather go out for gelato.

by Anonymousreply 478January 1, 2022 1:35 AM

R477, yes, Cynthia and Kim had the most humiliating, exploitative sex scenes. SJP never had to show T&P or act orgasms. Kristin was spared of these things too except for one or two scenes that I remember.

by Anonymousreply 479January 1, 2022 1:48 AM

R479 Charlotte had the "up the ass guy", "you're a dirty fucking slut, whore", "Mr Pussy", rabbit vibrator addiction, flicking her bean in front of Trey, depressed vagina, crabs from a young guy, to name just some.

SJP had very few embarrassing intimate scenes to film compared to the other three.

by Anonymousreply 480January 1, 2022 2:00 AM

Carrie seemed like she'd be a horrible lay. Her "embarrassing" moments were all about her partners being embarrassed - like Berger and Vaughn not performing well; the alcoholic having a sex addiction and relapsing, the rabbit fuck guy who she blew off as a one-and-done (I agree with her there), the piss politician which is played as his perversion not her sexual uptightness. I guess Gilles, the dude Amalita Amalfi whored her out to. But, it wasn't anything about the sex specifically that was humiliating, but the larger fact that he thought she was a call girl. Anytime she has a "bad" sex experience, it has nothing to do with the sex itself like the others.

by Anonymousreply 481January 1, 2022 2:13 AM

That last sentence was wrong. I meant that any of her bad sex experiences are about the larger context or the bad actual sex is due to her partners.

by Anonymousreply 482January 1, 2022 2:14 AM

Goddamn, Carrie has never been more frau! Every frau has the superpower of waking up, or showing up, or phoning up, or something at the worst possible moment, and then being a total bitch about whatever they were "forced" to see or deal with. Every goddamn frau has the same instinct. How can I appear at the most annoying time and place and then make it all about how terrible it was for me?

You know what, Miranda, tell her to fuck off and sleep in piss.

by Anonymousreply 483January 1, 2022 4:26 AM

See a shrink R483

by Anonymousreply 484January 1, 2022 6:16 AM

>>>>the piss politician which is played as his perversion not her sexual uptightness

Team Carrie n this one.

by Anonymousreply 485January 1, 2022 6:30 AM

Nobody had it worse than Cynthia Nixon. She had baby shit on her face in one episode and projectile semen in another, as well as spectacularly ugly clothes and hair. She looked normal in the first couple episodes and then it went downhill.

by Anonymousreply 486January 1, 2022 6:33 AM

She had a really good clothes season in five and six... smartly turned out as a corporate lawyer type. She had surprisingly feminine and great hair in about four and five. She can be quite attractive.

I have been rewatching the show from the start and have four overriding impressions:

Nixon bore the brunt of some difficult scenes.

Cattrall was forced to get naked far, far more than anyone else and often when it wasn't necessary.

So many little moments would cause a social media meltdown in today's climate. As an example the gals were discussing the marriage of over the hill Bitsy to gay gay gay Bobby (Nathan Lane) and I forget what the set up line was but Cattrall's character says: "And he's a fag!" I was surprised at the use of the word but maybe I'm too sensitized after the last five years.

Carrie made this odd shift to squealing, silly, cutesy ingenue really late in the show, in the latter seasons. Earlier run she was earthier, laughed a lot, was observantly sardonic. She was not particularly shallow or material. SJP has really good comic timing and can use her voice to enrich a line. She also looks great with straight hair and shorter hair. But then they turned all sighs and giggles and Marilyn Monroe imitations and you want her in London and Samantha in New York.

by Anonymousreply 487January 1, 2022 2:05 PM

this is from another AJLT thread... she's not wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 1, 2022 2:08 PM

R483 is obviously aggrieved about the complaints lodged against him for engaging in sex in public places.

Stop cruising public parks, R483. Its a relic of a time long since past. No one does it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 489January 1, 2022 2:54 PM

^it died with George Michael

by Anonymousreply 490January 1, 2022 3:07 PM

I wonder if SJP regrets not doing more nudity in SATC, to preserve that great body for posterity

by Anonymousreply 491January 1, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote]So many little moments would cause a social media meltdown in today's climate.

Samantha describing her Meatpacking neighborhood: "Trendy by day, trannie by night."

by Anonymousreply 492January 1, 2022 4:38 PM

R488 has Samantha DOWN

by Anonymousreply 493January 1, 2022 4:38 PM

The other thought that just occurred to me about the Carrie/Samantha feud is, isn’t Carrie wealthy? She’s married to Big. Even if she were paying Samantha, wouldn’t she be able to afford it? And when the industry changed, wouldn’t she be able to afford PR for social media, etc? Why is Carrie so desperate for a job? She’s rich!

by Anonymousreply 494January 1, 2022 5:05 PM

I love Jen Kirkman. One of the few things that I miss from Chelsea Lately was that it was a great platform for younger, edgier comedians.

by Anonymousreply 495January 1, 2022 5:28 PM

R462 Oh honey STFU with those right wing talking points. Go back to 4chan. In SOME parts of CA or NYC this goes on. Also, in SOME parts of rural red republican hellholes their middle and high school kids help the parents sell meth. Or they ALLOW their 11 or 12 year old daughters to marry men. Yeah, look it up. The child bride shit is still around due to conservative evangelicals NOT liberals, C.

As for Miranda and Steve allowing Brady to fuck in their house-the excuse they used about they’d rather have them do it there than other places that may be dangerous- is something that spans the political spectrum and has been around a while. It has NOTHING to do with wokeism you sad fuck conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 496January 1, 2022 5:31 PM

Piss in a bottle and mutual bean flicking in a kitchen? I'm getting more and more inclined to not watch the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 497January 1, 2022 5:52 PM

Notice how the made Carrie's apartment more homely and relatable compared with the stylised, showroom decor of the movies

by Anonymousreply 498January 1, 2022 6:12 PM

I've been following the show through these threads bc I'm determined to get my hate-watching in once I know that it's totally OVER.

It's pretty funny how the PR (supposedly) for this reboot 'failing' on an actress totally uninvolved in this iteration and the man they dragged back on the condition of him being killed off.

I came so close to breaking and putting it on, but the hot mess of Tammy Faye mess on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 499January 1, 2022 6:18 PM

I see the poster who accuses everyone of using multiple accounts is posting using a different account at r496. We know projection when we see it. Oh well, another day, another block.

by Anonymousreply 500January 1, 2022 6:28 PM

Help! My skin is crawling with sock puppets!

[quote] It's pretty funny how the PR (supposedly) for this reboot 'failing' on an actress totally uninvolved in this iteration and the man they dragged back on the condition of him being killed off.

Take a deep, calming breath. Now, what the fuck are you trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 501January 1, 2022 6:31 PM

As we approach 550 posts—or even sooner—someone should create a part 5. Glad to do so, if everyone is ok with this. This thread is now headed into the wonky phase, which will only get worse as we approach 600 posts.

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2022 6:42 PM

Heading into the wonky phase? Did you cure cancer in the beginning of this thread and I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2022 6:47 PM

Yup I cured cancer, r503. Amazed you missed it. No cure for you, unless you play nice!

For other DL veterans, the thread is over 500 posts and causing me fits, as I’m sure it is with others posting on phones and tablets.

by Anonymousreply 504January 1, 2022 6:52 PM

R496, You sound absolutely deranged. I hope someone gives you a pity fuck soon.

None of that crap is right at all. But please label anyone that says something contrary to you someone from 4chan or a conservative. Eat shit and die!

by Anonymousreply 505January 1, 2022 7:07 PM

There's nothing wrong with this thread and it's far too early to start a new one

by Anonymousreply 506January 1, 2022 8:34 PM

This one is glitchy. Like the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 507January 1, 2022 8:39 PM

R505 Hit a nerve? We GOT IT THE FIRST 900 posts about wokeness. The 5th episode was actually LESS woke and dealt more realistically with trans issues in particular. It IS a right wing talking point, C.

by Anonymousreply 508January 1, 2022 9:34 PM

R494 yeah I second your point, they are supposedly best friends, and every single one of them chipped in way back to help her buy that shitty apartment. Carrie couldn't afford a little out of pocket money to help out Samantha, but could afford it for the hot physiotherapist?!? Typical narcissistic Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 509January 1, 2022 9:44 PM

I thought the 'your insurance doesn't cover Svend' was so stupid. She's worth millions now. Even if he left her nothing, the sale of the apartment could tide her over until she finishes petrifying.

by Anonymousreply 510January 1, 2022 10:38 PM

Someone start another thread. This is getting wonky for me too.

by Anonymousreply 511January 1, 2022 10:40 PM

R510 being worth millions doesn’t mean her insurance covers him.

by Anonymousreply 512January 1, 2022 10:47 PM

R508 is a good member of the woke police looking out for RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS which strangely perfectly align with Things R508 Doesn’t Like.

by Anonymousreply 513January 1, 2022 11:03 PM

What's 'svend'?

by Anonymousreply 514January 1, 2022 11:31 PM

^ Whatever the name of the hunkdilicious physical therapist was.

by Anonymousreply 515January 1, 2022 11:32 PM

I'm sorry SJP looks more and more like Frances Sternhager's younger, plainer sister. Soften her up, boys.

by Anonymousreply 516January 1, 2022 11:33 PM

If you have the loon on block that might explain why the thread is wonky, as he's posting in here like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 517January 1, 2022 11:33 PM

Ok, R515. I haven't watched the latest episode so that didn't make sense. Thx. I thought maybe they'd misspelled COVID.

by Anonymousreply 518January 1, 2022 11:35 PM

Now worries, R518. My doing. I couldn't remember what he was called.

by Anonymousreply 519January 1, 2022 11:38 PM

We'll never know either R519 because they skipped identifying a lot of the cast on IMDB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 1, 2022 11:45 PM

In case we're ready to jump---part 5 below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 2, 2022 12:43 AM

it's not going to help. the reason the thread is wonky is because of the loon

by Anonymousreply 522January 2, 2022 12:44 AM

Carrie’s downpayment for her brownstone apartment was $30.000 (in 2000). I had a hearty laugh when I rewatched that episode.

by Anonymousreply 523January 2, 2022 12:48 AM

why? because of how expensive things are now or because you didn't believe it?

by Anonymousreply 524January 2, 2022 1:00 AM

I think he means because of how expensive things were THEN. If the 30k was a standard/required 20% down payment, then her brownstone apt would cost $150k. Even if the 30k represents just 10%, the apt would cost $300k - which would be ridiculously cheap for that place, even in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 525January 2, 2022 1:06 AM

Actually that was a reasonable price for that kind of apartment in 2000 r525

by Anonymousreply 526January 2, 2022 1:10 AM

I disagree. I lived in a gorgeous 1 bedroom in Chelsea in a much better building with an elevator, doorman and laundry, which was roughly the same size as Carrie's apartment and it sold a couple of years prior to hers for $139K. And don't forget that when a building goes co-op, the current tenants get something of a deal. I think $150K back then for that place in the unfashionable part of the upper east side sounds about right for a co-op conversion.

by Anonymousreply 527January 2, 2022 1:11 AM

R522, just block them. When threads on DL hit 500 posts or so, the page goes nutty. It's been around for a long time.

Hah that poster is really shitting up this thread with their paranoid delusions that everyone posting on here is just one person with multiple accounts. As if we cared about the show that much. ZZzzzz.....

by Anonymousreply 528January 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Okay, I stand corrected. I haven't lived in NYC, and considering Carrie's place was pretty nice, I just figured that the poster was laughing because the 30k down payment was too low for the price of the apt.

by Anonymousreply 529January 2, 2022 1:15 AM

That's actually what I was asking, R529, so I don't think you were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 530January 2, 2022 1:16 AM

I think prices have soared incredibly the last five years. I remember looking at NY real estate and seeing condos for 300K-500K for one bedrooms. I doubt you could get anything in Manhattan now for that price.

by Anonymousreply 531January 2, 2022 1:19 AM

It’s 2022 now and the prices are about to go up more. The pricing to own is expected to go up at least 6% within the next few months, and up to 20-30% in some places.

Food prices are expected to go up this month already.

Things are getting bad.

by Anonymousreply 532January 2, 2022 1:23 AM

I guess from the previews, it looks like Carrie is buying a new apartment? Did anyone else pick up on that?

by Anonymousreply 533January 2, 2022 1:26 AM

The hunkdilicious physical therapist is named Travis and is played by Ryan Cooper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534January 2, 2022 1:27 AM

Britney’s wannabe baby daddy Sam Asghari auditioned for the Travis role.

by Anonymousreply 535January 2, 2022 1:30 AM

R534 Travis seems really full of himself, boring in the sack, and would fight with you for the mirror. I prefer the therapist covered by Carrie's insurance.

by Anonymousreply 536January 2, 2022 1:32 AM

"I guess from the previews, it looks like Carrie is buying a new apartment? Did anyone else pick up on that?"

Yes, looks like she's going to buy something downtown, lower Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 537January 2, 2022 2:03 AM

Even back in 2000, $300k for a one bedroom in Manhattan was pretty cheap.

by Anonymousreply 538January 2, 2022 2:04 AM

Did I imagine it or did Carrie's old apartment suddenly have a long staircase in it? If I remember her bedroom, bath, living room and kitchen were all on one floor, even when they broke through to the other apartment there was no staircase that I remember.

by Anonymousreply 539January 2, 2022 2:08 AM

You imagined it R539.

Many DLers seem to have little experience with multi-unit buildings. You seem to think that each apartment has a private staircase.

by Anonymousreply 540January 2, 2022 2:12 AM

She's on the second floor, so there's a staircase in the building entrance, not in the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 541January 2, 2022 2:13 AM

It was the inside of the building's front door, R539. We've just never seen it before. We've seen the exterior, and we've seen her come into the apartment through the door, but we have never seen what was between the two before.

by Anonymousreply 542January 2, 2022 2:14 AM

It's not her apartment, R539. When her and Seema or on the staircase, that's the general staircase for the building, not within her apartment.

It is a bit grander than I would imagine, but nevertheless. We never saw the first floor and stairs up to her apartment before.

by Anonymousreply 543January 2, 2022 2:14 AM

The scene with Nixon in the kitchen and SJP pissing in the jar was very unpleasant. Why can’t we get a break from ugly reality. The lesbians on SATC used to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 544January 2, 2022 2:28 AM

[quote]Samantha started typing then stopped. No response.

Wasn't Carrie using her Blackberry Android in that scene? I don't think the "3 dots" while typing things works unless you're iPhone to iPhone.

I also agree it seemed like that staircase was IN HER apartment which would make no sense; does't she even pick up mail or keys on a little table when they first walk in?

by Anonymousreply 545January 2, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote]I also agree it seemed like that staircase was IN HER apartment which would make no sense; does't she even pick up mail or keys on a little table when they first walk in?

FFS are none of you familiar with walk-up apartment buildings? It was obviously the main staircase in the entrance foyer of the building. It's common for people to leave umbrellas there.

by Anonymousreply 546January 2, 2022 2:46 AM

R546 yup. Especially in a brownstone. It’s not like it was a skyscraper. These people (or person) are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 547January 2, 2022 2:47 AM

Right. And even if it "seems" like it was in her apartment (I don't know how it could, but whatever), we've seen Carrie's apartment hundreds of times and we know it's only one floor. And we know it's in a brownstone. AND we've seen people (mainly BIG) at her door and caught very brief glimpses of the staircase outside her apartment. Or it was implied by the way the character came into frame outside her door.

by Anonymousreply 548January 2, 2022 2:58 AM

There is another apartment on the same floor as her. Two apartments. They’re on the upper level. We see Carrie lives on the top floor (2nd floor) throughout the entire OG show. Many shots are of her looking out her window, especially seasons 2 and 3 where she looks down at Big many times. Did people think she floated up there?

Brownstones don’t usually have elevators.

by Anonymousreply 549January 2, 2022 3:01 AM

Well I assume there is another apartment upstairs. There are shots of her hall when she opens her door and there is a door across from hers in the hall.

by Anonymousreply 550January 2, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote]FFS are none of you familiar with walk-up apartment buildings? It was obviously the main staircase in the entrance foyer of the building. It's common for people to leave umbrellas there.

FFS do you live in New York?? People do not leave personal items in common spaces like common hallways/staircases. In fact, many co-ops (usually larger ones than Carrie's) have rules specifically saying NOT to put anything personal outside your own unit, including sometimes a doormat or your wet shoes outside your door.

The UES is not Mayberry USA where all the neighbors know each other and just trust each other with their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 551January 2, 2022 3:09 AM

R551 she lives in a brownstone. I’m starting to think YOU don’t live in NYC. Most brownstones are 2/3 people/families max.

by Anonymousreply 552January 2, 2022 3:13 AM

[quote]What I miss about Samantha is the warmth and the self-confidence. She was to me the most grounded and truly loving of the four by the end of the series. She took everything in her stride and she was kind and funny and warm to all of them, even the annoying Charlotte. The show could do with that if it's going to be Four Doctors Appointments and a Funeral.

Agreed. She made you think you'd like her to be your friend, probably the only one of the group you felt like about that.

R427, sometimes you meet people like Che and they aren't nearly as amusing as they think they are.

R442, that gif is from when Samantha is at that party and a woman drags her husband away from Sam, because she doesn't trust her or something, doesn't it? I always liked that scene because when Samantha and the guy are chatting, it's not sexual at all, it's about finance, and it was nice to see that not every interaction Samantha did was some Mae West style come on.

R459 - there were guys that age when I was at school who were having sex in their parents house with their girlfriends and vice versa. As my mate Tim said at the time: "Her parents feel more comfortable that we are somewhere safe". This wasn't an uncommon thing. My parents would've been the same, had I had a girlfriend. But I notice this subplot is becoming quite a point in American media - I just assume it's something more shocking in the US as the US - [italic]in general[/italic] - is a bit more prudish about sex, and seems to view it as something that can be stopped, which leads to terrible sex education (abstinence only!) and therefore bad outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 553January 2, 2022 3:17 AM

I've lived in NYC (off and on) for three decades. In walk-up buildings (many, but not all) there are umbrellas in a stand in the foyer. People also routinely leave their umbrellas and wet shoes outside their doors.

by Anonymousreply 554January 2, 2022 3:20 AM

Neigh!

by Anonymousreply 555January 2, 2022 3:22 AM

r553 I think the disapproval is because Miranda's son and his girlfriend are only supposed to be about 16 or 17. That's kind of inappropriate. If they were college-aged it wouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 556January 2, 2022 3:22 AM

[quote]FFS do you live in New York?? People do not leave personal items in common spaces like common hallways/staircases.

When it comes to umbrellas, shoes/boots and bicycles, that is completely false.

by Anonymousreply 557January 2, 2022 3:23 AM

[quote]When it comes to umbrellas, shoes/boots and bicycles, that is completely false.

Not if you live in a luxury co-op.

by Anonymousreply 558January 2, 2022 3:24 AM

I don’t know any parent that will let their minor child have sex in their home. Even many adults who watch the show have commented that they would never allow that.

by Anonymousreply 559January 2, 2022 3:25 AM

R558 is very clearly not from NYC and just playing make believe.

Her original apartment isn’t in a luxury building. You’re embarrassing yourself now.

by Anonymousreply 560January 2, 2022 3:26 AM

R556, that's not inappropriate. Plenty of teens are having sex at that age, it's completely normal. The show has also made it clear that they're using contraception. Apart from the fact they are being inconsiderate with the noise and the mess left for Miranda to walk on, it's fine.

R559, a "minor child"? Maybe it's different in the US though I suspect not. Romeo and Juliet laws exist for a reason. When you're under the age of consent sex is still legal as long as there's no more than a couple of years between the couple. Also, 16 and 17 is of age in many countries, including mine, and I suspect, in many of the US states too. So it's not really anything to do with minors.

by Anonymousreply 561January 2, 2022 3:27 AM

Most parents aren’t gonna be ok with their kids having sex in their home. It’s a sign of disrespect to many people. That’s just the truth.

Like my mother said, the only way her kids are having sex under her roof is if she’s not home or we sneak around somehow.

by Anonymousreply 562January 2, 2022 3:30 AM

r558 we're not talking about luxury co-ops, but brownstones and walk-ups.

by Anonymousreply 563January 2, 2022 3:31 AM

I hope Carrie changed the sheets after Stanford had been sleeping in her bed.

by Anonymousreply 564January 2, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote]That’s just the truth.

No, that's your opinion. There is no universal truth about this because different parents will think different things, but many parents ARE ok with it, because for them it's about the safety of their children. You aren't going to stop teens from having sex, so it's the responsible thing to do, in raising children, to acknowledge the reality and work with it, rather than try and shut your eyes and pretend it doesn't happen because the parents are uncomfortable with sex.

by Anonymousreply 565January 2, 2022 3:34 AM

If you're from 1972 and not 2022, of course the parents will be in denial about sex.

by Anonymousreply 566January 2, 2022 3:36 AM

Most parents won’t let their kids fuck in the next room.

by Anonymousreply 567January 2, 2022 3:36 AM

No one said anything about being in denial that their teenager is having sex. They can be aware and still not allow it in their home. There’s a reason most teens do it behind their parents back. Brady’s situation is a rarity.

by Anonymousreply 568January 2, 2022 3:37 AM

[quote]Most parents won’t let their kids fuck in the next room.

And the stats on this are... where? And which countries and cultures. It's too big a world to make such blanket statements.

[quote]They can be aware and still not allow it in their home. There’s a reason most teens do it behind their parents back. Brady’s situation is a rarity.

And then they can cry as much as they like when their child is murdered in their car is some dodgy part of town.

But that's violence, which Americans are A-OK with, so they probably wouldn't care so much about that as they would about - shock! horror! Sex and nudity!

by Anonymousreply 569January 2, 2022 3:40 AM

r569 you're just pulling shit out of your ass now.

by Anonymousreply 570January 2, 2022 3:42 AM

It is well known that Americans are much more comfortable with violence than sex, which no doubt goes all the way back to the US' puritan roots. Many other places in the world are not like this. To say "most parents" wouldn't allow this is more a case of pulling shit out of one's ass, I would say.

by Anonymousreply 571January 2, 2022 3:48 AM

r571 stop commenting on the US when you known fuck-all about it

by Anonymousreply 572January 2, 2022 3:49 AM

We are speaking about American parents in the states. The show is an American series in NYC. We aren’t discussing parents in Asia, who are even more strict and crazy about that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 573January 2, 2022 3:50 AM

Didn't the girlfriend say her parents are Catholic and would never be cool with it like Miranda is?

by Anonymousreply 574January 2, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote]It is well known that Americans are much more comfortable with violence than sex, which no doubt goes all the way back to the US' puritan roots.

American parents wouldn't want their kid and his girlfriend beating the shit out of each other, either.

by Anonymousreply 575January 2, 2022 3:52 AM

She said if her mother saw that she ordered lube her mother would strangle her with rosary beads.

by Anonymousreply 576January 2, 2022 3:52 AM

Yes the little slut's parents are OK with her sleeping at her boyfriends house. Right.

by Anonymousreply 577January 2, 2022 3:54 AM

Thanks, r576 I thought it was something like that. So obviously the parents of this minor girl don't really know what's going on, it appears that they're super-Catholic Latinos. That's pretty fucked up of Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 578January 2, 2022 3:54 AM

It's just funny watching you all get het up over some teens having sex and how 'inappropriate' it is, and how it shouldn't be portrayed that way. People have been so brainwashed to view things that make us feel good as being somehow wrong, it's really sad. It's just meant to be funny with a bit of gross out humour (Miranda stepping in Brady's spoof, for example). It's not that serious. And you're all clutching your pearls about it.

At least on this show the two clearly love each other and are having fun. I didn't hear this much talk of inappropriateness over all the teens raping each other in shows like 13 Reasons Why and Euphoria.

by Anonymousreply 579January 2, 2022 3:57 AM

Because the teens are having sex on their own like normal r579. This show has Miranda and Steve allowing their son and his GF to fuck next to their room. That’s what people find inappropriate. Not that they’re having sex, that the parents are depicted as being so ok with them doing it right next to them. That’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 580January 2, 2022 4:00 AM

R573 because the only places on this planet are the USA and “Asia”, right?

by Anonymousreply 581January 2, 2022 4:01 AM

And I'm telling you it's not weird objectively, R580. I understand some people feel that and clearly I disagree with it (though I would talk to my son about keeping the noise down and cleaning his room up). All I said was that I knew many parents when I was that age who were ok with it, and I would say friends now are saying they are ok with it too. You can't make blanket statements about this, is my point. But many people on here seem to take it for granted that it's weird. "That's the truth" someone said. It's clearly not the truth.

by Anonymousreply 582January 2, 2022 4:03 AM

Brady and his girlfriend, while seen several times, have been a minor plot point. Who cares? And, clearly, as written, Steve and Miranda allow them to have sex in the house. Whether most American parents would doesn't really matter. Somewhere in America there's parents like Steve and Miranda, even if not the majority. It's not totally off the wall.

by Anonymousreply 583January 2, 2022 4:04 AM

r581 IT'S A FUCKING AMERICAN SHOW ABOUT FUCKING AMERICANS. IN AMERICA IT'S FUCKING WEIRD AND GROSS JESUS FUCKING CHRIST FUCK OFF YOU CUNT WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHATEVER FUCKING COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN

by Anonymousreply 584January 2, 2022 4:04 AM

Agree completely, R583.

by Anonymousreply 585January 2, 2022 4:05 AM

You sound very well informed, R584.

Maybe you should pour yourself another triple vodka and calm down, because all that you are doing is behaving like the stereotypical American poster who I was pointing out.

Well done!

by Anonymousreply 586January 2, 2022 4:08 AM

r586 = humor impaired. And we are talking about American parents here, what happens in the rest of the world is not relevant. Having your 16 year-old kid screw his girlfriend in your house is considered inappropriate. If they're in their 20s it's different.

by Anonymousreply 587January 2, 2022 4:18 AM

Talk about humo(u)r impaired, R586 - when I said that you were well informed, I meant the opposite, you dumb parochial fuck.

by Anonymousreply 588January 2, 2022 4:22 AM

r588 nobody has any idea what you're babbling about. Just stay out of discussions regarding cultures you have no fucking understanding of.

by Anonymousreply 589January 2, 2022 4:25 AM

The finger-banging scene. JFC I could've vomited. I swore I could smell it through my screen.

by Anonymousreply 590January 2, 2022 4:26 AM

This thread

by Anonymousreply 591January 2, 2022 4:28 AM

is almost

by Anonymousreply 592January 2, 2022 4:28 AM

done

by Anonymousreply 593January 2, 2022 4:28 AM

getting

by Anonymousreply 594January 2, 2022 4:28 AM

close to

by Anonymousreply 595January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 596January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 597January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

right

by Anonymousreply 598January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

about

by Anonymousreply 599January 2, 2022 4:29 AM

NOW!

by Anonymousreply 600January 2, 2022 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!