Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m Worried About Queen Elizabeth II

Even after recovering from her recent illness, she’s looking so frail. She must have lost 20 lbs. in the last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 15, 2022 6:36 PM

Yeah I didn't think she looked well at all.

She's the type of older person who'll keep going until they physically can't, so I expect there's no telling her to slow down.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2021 10:34 PM

I give the old bird til August of 2023.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2021 10:36 PM

Well, she's no spring chicken, OP. She's on borrowed time right now more or less.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2021 10:37 PM

She looks so white.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2021 10:38 PM

She's eleventybillion years old and had quite the life. So, I can't seem to drum up much worry.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2021 10:40 PM

She is 95, and just lost her husband of 74years. Her heir is a joke, her sleazy younger son is an international pariah, her grandson is living out a predictable path after the way his mother was treated , and is rejecting everything he was brought up to believe in. I am not a monarchist, but give the old woman a break.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2021 10:45 PM

She might be looking for another man now that Philip is gone, she's just slimming down and getting herself ready for the dating scene.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2021 10:50 PM

Not so fast Prince Charles/OP. That old battle ax has another decade in her, if not two.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2021 10:53 PM

She is 95, recently widowed and devoutly religious. I expect she will shoulder on dutifully until after the jubilee celebrations next year, and then look forward to eternal rest.

She’s done her duty, and will hand Charles a throne so secure that it’s doubtful he will mess it up. He’s ageing, happy and settled with Camilla, who (somewhat miraculously) has gained public acceptance by adopting some of the Queen’s own characteristics: stoicism and dedication to public service.

And she can look to William as a safe pair of hands to take the monarchy into the middle of the century.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2021 10:54 PM

She does look a bit frail - but, she's standing on her own without a walker - no small feat for a 90+ woman.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2021 10:58 PM

All this handwringing over a 95 year old in a tiara is a bit ridiculous. She's going to die, likely in the next few years, and she's going to be extremely well taken care of until then, just as she has her entire long and privileged life.

Do you seriously not have anything else to be "worried about??" Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2021 11:03 PM

OP, get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Doesn’t help that she’s wearing that rather shabby looking dress. Is she economizing?

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2021 11:07 PM

I think the color of the dress doesn't do her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2021 11:11 PM

Why are you worried? People die. She will die because she is old and that is what happens. She lived a long life. She has seen a whole lot. If she dies...okay she dies.

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2021 11:11 PM

R6 is not a monarchist?

How shocking!

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2021 11:18 PM

r11, you're accusing everyone else of handwringing, and yet you're the only one saying Mary!-esque exclamations like "Jesus Christ."

Projection.

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2021 11:21 PM

I’m not. Hope the bitch is already dead, as is widely suspected.

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2021 11:23 PM

R9 = hysterical Mary, small penis

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2021 11:23 PM

My mother looked the same way the last year of her life. She lost about 30lbs and began to have a haunted look in her eyes. I give the Queen a year. My heart will break when she goes.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2021 11:25 PM

Mary thread.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2021 11:32 PM

There are people you can't imagine the world without. Bob Hope and Lucille Ball were two of them and now the Queen dying is unimaginable. Charles being king is also unimaginable. He should be a retired middle manager from a retail chain store which is now out of business. And you know he would have been a nasty boss who didn't know what the hell he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote]She might be looking for another man now that Philip is gone, she's just slimming down and getting herself ready for the dating scene.

Now that Betty may be dating again

I hear she wrote to Nancy Reagan asking for tips on deep throating

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2021 11:40 PM

Why is her dress so frayed? Doesn't she have anything nice to wear? Was it laundry day? Did her maid quit? Who let her out looking like that?

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote]Why is her dress so frayed?

One doesn't want to be mistaken for the Nouveau riche.

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2021 11:47 PM

SAD FINAL DAYS

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, YOUR MAJESTY!

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2021 11:48 PM

Has she had a stroke? Her left hand/arm looks sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2021 11:56 PM

Did the corgis chew on her dress?

by Anonymousreply 28December 17, 2021 12:02 AM

It’s not just frayed, it’s the fit. Where is the royal seamstress?!!!…

by Anonymousreply 29December 17, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote]There are people you can't imagine the world without. Bob Hope and Lucille Ball

Really?

Because I spent a lot of time imagining a world without Lucille.

by Anonymousreply 30December 17, 2021 12:03 AM

The Queen is not going to Sandringham for Christmas. This is the largest signal yet that the end is near.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2021 2:14 PM

R31 Maybe she's just trying to set a good example during the Omicron surge, particularly in light of BoJo's COVID Christmas Party scandal?

by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2021 2:16 PM

I'm not a monarchist, but I love the queen and will be sad when she dies. And no, not because I somehow don't realize that everybody dies and that 90-something is an excellent run. Simply because I'll miss her.

by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2021 2:22 PM

ALL of the men in the Royal family look WEAK

by Anonymousreply 34December 18, 2021 2:23 PM

R32 You're probably right. I actually think she'll make it to at least 100 but couldn't resist a little trolling to start the morning.

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2021 2:40 PM

Not her best look. I give her through her birthday (April 21). Start ironing those black dresses around Memorial Day or so.

by Anonymousreply 36December 18, 2021 2:40 PM

Jesus the old bat is still breathing, just kick it Liz and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2021 2:45 PM

You first, R37.

by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2021 3:09 PM

I just realized that her very last state banquet was for the Trumps. She probably won't have the stamina to undertake a multi hour affair once restrictions lift.

[Quote]All this handwringing over a 95 year old in a tiara is a bit ridiculous

I was actually wondering if she'll be able to wear tiaras comfortably anymore. She stopped wearing the Imperial State Crown to the opening of Parliament a few years ago due to its weight (it was carried behind her by the Great Lord Chamberlain - Rose's husband).

by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2021 4:19 PM

Remember how she looked so healthy and in such good spirits at the Windsor horse show a month or after Philip's funeral? So much so that DL's thread title was something like "Queen beaming and animated like never before" and jokingly had her on the prowl for a paramour. What a difference six months made.

by Anonymousreply 40December 19, 2021 7:38 PM

And, seemingly, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2021 6:42 AM

R41 . Just because you don't care doesnt mean no one else does either. Millions will mourn when she checks out. She is deeply respected and loved all over the planet.

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2021 7:16 AM

I’m a republican, and I disagree wholeheartedly with the concept of monarchy. It is bad for them, keeping them in a constant battle with public opinion and the media, and having to live up to impossible standards. It is also bad for our society, as it reinforces an archaic class structure and a political system that is rigged to support the Establishment.

That said, the vast majority of the population don’t remember any other head of state, and the Queen has undeniable international clout. She has done a great job, with some reservations.

When she dies there should be a referendum on whether we wish to retain the monarchy. I suspect that the opportunity would make people really think hard about what we get from it, and whether we need it at all.

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2021 11:20 AM

Her history as a mother is most spotty. With one son who gives out CBEs like party favors to well heeled acquaintances and another who is involved with a sex trafficking ring of minors run by a very sketchy billionaire one can say she had her lacunae.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2021 11:32 AM

That is a look of fear on her face. She's convinced that woman has a vest under her burkha.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote] I give her through her birthday (April 21). Start ironing those black dresses around Memorial Day or so.

She won’t go before her Jubilee celebration which is in June.

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2021 11:46 AM

R46, you say that as if she had a choice in the matter.

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2021 11:48 AM

R47, the sense of duty that woman has is a force that rules over death. She’ll be standing on that palace balcony if they have to strap her to a surfboard and have Charlotte and Louis hold it upright.

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2021 11:53 AM

I don’t think so r48. I haven’t seen anyone evade the Grim Reaper through force of will.

by Anonymousreply 49December 20, 2021 12:06 PM

Monarchists are truly a nutty bunch. I hope she keels over tomorrow so we don't need to hear about her "sense of duty" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 50December 20, 2021 12:17 PM

Republicans are truly a sour, colourless lot.

by Anonymousreply 51December 20, 2021 12:28 PM

R51, No, we just don’t believe in fairy tales.

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2021 1:17 PM

And if you think it's a fairy tale, you fundamentally misunderstand the purpose of monarchy as a structure for head of state. It's 2021. If a monarchy affects your self esteem you've got bigger problems than the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2021 2:21 PM

Oh yeah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2021 2:46 PM

What does the American presidency cost? What does the Governor-General of Canada or Australia cost? What does the President of France or the Queen of Denmark or the President of Chile cost? Every country needs a head of state and every head of state has costs. If a Pound Land system is the goal, it can be achieved, of course.

Britain does two things like no other nation on earth: pageantry and envy. Monarchy, class, aristocracy, however the ermine wrapped cartoon villain is described, haven't had their boot on the throats of low income earners for fifty years. Capitalism has. But the distraction of hating the posh is a drug some can't live without. The woes in the UK are not because there's a Queen as head of state. And getting rid of monarchy won't undo them. Look at all the happy countries with elected heads of state. Nirvana isn't the first word that comes to mind.

An American and a Brit stand on a streetcorner as a man in a chauffeured car is driven past.

Says the American: Someday I'm going to have everything he has.

Says the Brit: Someday I'm going to take away everything he has.

by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2021 2:54 PM

World's wealthiest welfare family

by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2021 3:15 PM

No, that would actually be the Grimaldis, classing up Monaco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2021 3:16 PM

R18 = Meghan Markle

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2021 3:27 PM

r48. perhaps not, but William IV died less than a month after Victoria turned 18. In Augusr 1836 he gave a speech stating:

"I trust to God that my life may be spared for nine months longer ... I should then have the satisfaction of leaving the exercise of the Royal authority to the personal authority of that young lady, heiress presumptive to the Crown, and not in the hands of a person now near me, who is surrounded by evil advisers and is herself incompetent to act with propriety in the situation in which she would be placed"

He loathed the idea of the Duchess of Kent becoming Regent.So i like the story that he clung to life to make sure it wouldn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2021 3:29 PM

meant r49 above

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2021 3:31 PM

I know the queen and take it from me, the queen would not want some homosexual worrying about her.

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]I don’t think so [R48]. I haven’t seen anyone evade the Grim Reaper through force of will.

Actually, there's anecdotal evidence that some elderly do hold on for a significant event. In China, there's an uptick in elderly deaths after their Harvest Moon holiday in October. Families gather and it's an opportunity to see loved ones, grandkids, etc one final time. I read about this about 25 years ago. Maybe there's been more rigorous investigation since then?

by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2021 3:41 PM

Someone anonymous is losing his mind over his fantasy being challenged. My objection to the monarchy is that is blatantly undemocratic, financially wasteful and keeps government and citizens stuck in a bizarre deferential state. Dry your eyes. Put your tiara on and live your best life.

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Thread useless without geriatrics pics.

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2021 4:12 PM

The Queen will not travel to Sandringham for Christmas. She will remain at Windsor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 20, 2021 5:18 PM

Strong under reaction, R63. Your comfort with your ignorance of the facts of the matter is benefits worthy. Enjoy your next shift.

by Anonymousreply 66December 20, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote] Someone anonymous is losing his mind over his fantasy being challenged. My objection to the monarchy is that is blatantly undemocratic, financially wasteful and keeps government and citizens stuck in a bizarre deferential state. Dry your eyes. Put your tiara on and live your best life.

Do you not have better objections, because these are lame.

“Undemocratic”? What’s democracy got to do with it? Democracy is a system of government - the monarch doesn’t govern & hasn’t since the 1690s. Having a head of state who is not voted for (and therefore doesn’t have to campaign) is the best possible way of representing everyone equally, which is the very point of a HoS.

“Financially wasteful”. No actually. HM pays more in taxes than she takes for the civil list. But all heads of state have to be paid for, a president wouldn’t be any cheaper.

‘A bizarre deferential state”? Have you ever met a Brit or read any of our tabloid stories about the royals? Deferential, we’re not.

by Anonymousreply 67December 20, 2021 5:42 PM

When they says WestEnder I'm assuming she actually means some place like Staines.

by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2021 5:45 PM

R67, The Queen only started paying tax after the fire at Windsor Castle. She presumed that the taxpayer would foot the bill, and public reaction was extremely critical. That is why she had to open Buckingham Place to paying visitors.

There is no Civil List any more. It was abolished years ago. There is now the Sovereign Grant, which has become an opportunity to conceal the true cost of the monarchy.

Explain the honours system. If that isn’t an example of deference and toadying for favour I don’t know what is. The honours system derives from the sovereign, is archaically attached the long gone empire, and is rife with corruption, financial and political. One other thing, I’m not British, and neither are you.

by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2021 7:45 PM

What's to worry about OP? She's old and lived a long and privileged life with no worries except what her dumb kids got up to.

If you want to worry do so about the climate or the homeless guy on the street.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2021 7:50 PM

If your son's horse wife was just waiting to invade your castle and drop horse shit all over the place wouldn't you start stress eating too?

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2021 7:51 PM

She's lost weight not gained, genius at r71.

by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Either way R72, some stress eat, some starve themselves. Still not going to change the fact that the horse wife will be sleeping in her bed soon.

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2021 8:07 PM

R71 Jesus, take some medication for that, will you?

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] The Queen only started paying tax after the fire at Windsor Castle. She presumed that the taxpayer would foot the bill, and public reaction was extremely critical. That is why she had to open Buckingham Place to paying visitors.

So what? The Queen is not liable to pay tax. Never has been, never will be. She doesn’t pay tax now, she makes a “voluntary contribution”. What’s that got to do with anything? You don’t think her expenses should be met for her role as head of state? Why the fuck not? Do you think Biden should pay for the running of the White House out of his own pocket? Grow the fuck up.

You specifically said that the monarchy is “financially wasteful”. Not anymore. So what is your problem? And I rather think the Queen, quite reasonably, expected not to have to foot the bill to restore Windsor since she doesn’t own it. It’s not hers. Don’t you understand that?

Civil list/Sovereign grant - same thing. Not interested in your facile conspiracy theories. Evidence please, or shut up.

Blah blah, colonialism, blah blah. Change the record. We’ve had a constitutional monarchy since the restoration, so colonising other nations had nothing to do with the various monarchs.

Most countries have a way of honouring people - and the monarch bestows honours on behalf of the government. I see no evidence at all that it’s “rife with corruption”. Do you even know what the honours system actually is? Cash for knighthoods? No.

I am British, you stupid cunt. So this subject is my business, it’s not yours - so why are you even poking your fat nose in?

by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2021 9:18 PM

R75 Is a fucking sucker, and the "Royal" loves suckers like him.

Keep defending people who don't give a shit about you, nor do they know you exist.

Enjoy your socialite "Queen."

by Anonymousreply 76December 20, 2021 9:33 PM

R75 is dialing in from Edwardian England.

I don't know any British who admire the royals. Rich trash with a better family tree than the Kardashians r Trump's but still trash.

by Anonymousreply 77December 20, 2021 9:36 PM

You have more patience than I do, R75. Well said, factual and well put.

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2021 9:46 PM

R75, I am Scottish, not British. The monarchy is pretty irrelevant here apart from members of the Orange Order. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote]She looks so white.

An old Bette Midler joke:

"The Queen is the whitest woman in the world. She makes us all look like the third world. There can be no question that she is a Protestant."

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2021 10:13 PM

R75 You're wrong. The Sovereign paid a voluntary contribution to the Treasury UNTIL the fire at Windsor. Only THEN was a formula worked out by which the monarch pays taxes NOT on a voluntary basis. But the amount and how it was arrived at remain confidential.

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2021 11:41 PM

When Camilla becomes queen, will they make special jewel encrusted horse shoes for her?

by Anonymousreply 82December 21, 2021 12:24 AM

Oh you R82 and your Camilla horse jokes! So not funny.

by Anonymousreply 83December 21, 2021 12:54 AM

R83 has blinders on if he thinks the horse jokes are not funny.

by Anonymousreply 84December 21, 2021 1:03 AM

She needs to live another 888 days in order to beat the record for longest ruling monarch in world history.

by Anonymousreply 85December 21, 2021 1:09 AM

R79 - If you are Scottish (or Welsh, or Northern Irish) you are ALSO British. You carry a UK passport, not a Scottish passport. You are a British citizen. How you feel about that is, of course, another matter and certainly your privilege. But one of the reasons that the 2014 indy/ref failed was that there were so many Scots who ALSO felt British in a way you clearly do not. There are strong blood ties amongst many families with roots both north and south of the Tweed. You may not be one of them, but you do not define the lot.

by Anonymousreply 86December 21, 2021 7:07 PM

R75 - "The Queen is not liable to pay tax. Never has been, never will be. She doesn’t pay tax now, she makes a “voluntary contribution”. "

Whilst appreciating the rest of your post, it must be said again that YES SHE IS NOW LIABLE FOR TAX.

The voluntary contribution in lieu of assessed taxes based on income was a deal hammered out by George V in the first half of the 20th century. Whilst it was in effect, the Queen did make a substantial voluntary contribution each year to the Treasury, as Charles does each year re the revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall. The only portion of the Queen's income that is still not taxed are the revenues from the Duchy of Lancaster; however, her vast personal portfolio very much is.

But Charles' other private income, from, for example, revenue from investments, is taxed; so is the supplemental income that he gives his son, William, to sustain his household, and so are the revenues from William's trust fund.

We may assume that Charles is no longer giving Harry that annual supplement of two million or so.

The Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster were given to the heir to the throne (in the late 1300s) and to the Sovereign to provide them with a personal income, as they could hardly "work", and, thus, head off corruption from the temptation of filthy lucre.

Charles' contribution to the Treasury each year from the revenues of the Duchy of Cornwall are published and on the royal web site; it usually amounts to just under half of those revenues. I'm certainly open to a discussion of whether the Duchy, which is technically listed as a "corporation", should remain untaxed, but that's another issue.

And, no, Camilla will not be given jewel encrusted horse shoes (it really is childish, whoever you are, you really should give that up), as, come the day, she will be fucking encrusted with enough bling to make the ghost of Elizabeth Taylor cry.

That is, if a coronation is still in the cards; these days, who knows?

I still think Charles should do the honourable thing and ask Parliament to reorder the succession so that William is the next in line. Yes, yes, I know, I know, it will never happen, the Commonwealth, the meaning of it all.

Fuck that shit - it would mean no Prince Archie and no Princess Lilibet, without anyone having to do anything so mean spirited as issue Letters Patent.

by Anonymousreply 87December 21, 2021 7:19 PM

Even though they do use Kensington Palace stationary to thank the NHS, the Cambridges just simply sign their names at the bottom of the letter. No titles. Take notice, you other two.

Princess Anne's husband Timothy Laurence has tested positive for Covid. No Christmas with the Queen for that family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2021 2:21 PM

Even though they do use Kensington Palace stationary to thank the NHS, the Cambridges just simply sign their names at the bottom of the letter. No titles. Take notice, you other two.

Princess Anne's husband Timothy Laurence has tested positive for Covid. No Christmas with the Queen for that family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2021 2:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2021 2:21 PM

^ Sorry for the double post. DL is slow today or else Muriel doesn't like me.

by Anonymousreply 91December 22, 2021 2:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 22, 2021 2:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 22, 2021 2:22 PM

^ Geez, what the hell is going on with DL today?

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2021 2:23 PM

Move over, Harry. The Queen's cousin, the Duke of Kent, will also be releasing his memoirs next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2021 2:29 PM

Move over Harry. The Queen's cousin, the Duke of Kent, will also be releasing his memoirs next year. I suspect it will be a lot more interesting to read too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2021 2:30 PM

QE2 just last month, back in action.

She looks fine. 95 years old, standing fairly upright, relaxed shoulders, eyes alert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2021 2:31 PM

I can tell by the all the missing posts that the Grannies were busy overnight.

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2021 2:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2021 3:38 PM

R96 God I've gotten old with them! I'm as bald as most of the now grown men in the photo.

Marina Ogilvy is rapidly turning into her mother, Princess Alexandra, after her early bohemian "phase". How ironic.

Anne looks better now than she did then, and so does Charles. Aging suits geeks quite well.

by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2021 6:29 PM

So, no Anne, no Timothy. Euge and Bea have infants under one year old and may opt to stay home, although Euge lives only a half-mile from Windsor Castle.

Fergie and Andy would of course like to spend Christmas with their first grandchildren, also having their first Christmases. It may be that the Yorks all gather at Royal Lodge where Andrew and that mentally ill ex of his live.

That might leave the Wessexes and the Cambridges to keep the Queen company at Christmas. They're all, I'm sure, triple vaccinated.

What a shame, I was counting on a display of absurd hats outside St Mary Magdalene.

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2021 6:34 PM

Fergie and Andy would scale the ramparts of Windsor Castle bare legged if they could spend Christmas Day with the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2021 6:54 PM

Does Elizabeth diddle herself now that her hubby has croaked

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2021 7:03 PM

My advice is for the Queen to stay out of the stable of her sons horse wife. She will catch a death of cold there from that old mare.

by Anonymousreply 104December 22, 2021 7:06 PM

Why is the Queens cousin releasing a memoir next year? Is he a star member of the royal family too? I don't understand why he would be releasing one?

by Anonymousreply 105December 22, 2021 7:27 PM

R105, it’s his last chance to make some money. The Kents are the poor relations. He isn’t very interesting himself, but he has been close to the Queen since childhood. He would never sell a salacious story, so it will be very anodyne. His wife has a much more interesting story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 106December 22, 2021 9:00 PM

R105 His parents were the bisexual drug-addicted Prince George Duke of Kent and the penniless yet incredibly snobby Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. Upon marrying into the British royal family she referred to her sisters in law the Duchess of York (born Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon daughter of the Earl of Strathmore) and the Duchess of Gloucester (born Lady Alice Montagu Douglas Scott daughter of Scotland’s largest land owner the Duke of Buccleuch) as “those common little Scottish girls”) His grandmothers were a Russian grand duchess and the Queen consort of the UK. His father died on active duty in WW2 leaving Marina to raise three children including the six week old Prince Michael of Kent on hardly any income and Edward succeeding to the dukedom at age 6. His brother Michael married the penniless yet incredibly snobby Marie Christine von Reibnitz - the horrible but entertaining Princess Michael of Kent.

So while he is not particularly interesting and is unlikely to spill any salacious stories he has been surrounded by some interesting people along the way. And as noted above the Kents are the poor relations, Marina having had to sell off much of her jewel collection to keep the family afloat.

by Anonymousreply 107December 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Princess Michael of Kent is an honorary Datalounge Eldergay

by Anonymousreply 108December 23, 2021 1:09 AM

R108 is she retarded or drunk?

by Anonymousreply 109December 23, 2021 5:37 AM

R104 How long have you been suffering from this Camilla-Horse obsession? Have you considered seeking help for it? Have you tried "mindfulness"?

When all else fails, try a stiff G&T before bed.

by Anonymousreply 110December 23, 2021 7:41 AM

Relax R110 just poking a little fun and making a little hay about the Prince's horse wife. 🐴

by Anonymousreply 111December 23, 2021 9:57 AM

^*Then you need to up your game. The joke is older than the Queen at this point and after 95 repetitions suggests a problem, and it's not Camilla's.

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2021 12:02 PM

Camilla- My Little Throney!

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2021 2:08 PM

The Queen has agreed to a Service of Thanksgiving for Prince Philip in the spring. Fingers crossed that it will be able to actually take place and that Covid doesn't ruin it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2021 6:10 PM

The Cambridges and the Middletons will be spending Christmas at Anmer Hall on the Sandringham estate.

Prince Charles and Camilla will be spending the day with the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2021 6:13 PM

^ I’ll sleep well tonight.

by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2021 7:15 PM

Elizabeth looking good in sparkling red for this year's pre-recorded Christmas message

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 24, 2021 10:47 AM

Did her dresser forget the brassiere?

by Anonymousreply 118December 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Charlotte really does look like a blend of the Queen and William. Remains to be seen of she's inherited the Queen's and Diana's legendary complexions.

by Anonymousreply 119December 24, 2021 12:14 PM

R117 - she looks frail to me. She's lost weight and her face and body have "dropped". Hang on Queenie!

by Anonymousreply 120December 24, 2021 12:55 PM

The Queen will not be attending the Christmas Day church service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 24, 2021 1:08 PM

The dress isn't frayed, it's embroidered in a thread that's kind of fuzzy. The real problem with it is the fit, it's a dress made for her from before she lost significant weight, so she looks like she's wearing an old quilted housecoat.

by Anonymousreply 122December 24, 2021 1:25 PM

I dread her death. I just adore her.

by Anonymousreply 123December 24, 2021 1:26 PM

By all accounts she's an incredibly practical person with little time for self-indulgence and a deep faith, so she probably doesn't fear death. She may not even think about it. But how odd, if she does, to be in a situation where you are so acutely aware of your own death - given her advanced age and given how much you know everybody else is thinking about it, even just from a practical position.

by Anonymousreply 124December 24, 2021 1:36 PM

Yes, I think you are right R122.

But I do think she looks fine. Losing Philip, as strange and transactional as those arranged marriages probably are, plus the lockdown et al seem to have drained her a bit.

Still, she’s looking better and not bad for a 95-year old.

Can’t imagine still working at that age, weekly audiences with the PM, visiting and commemorating places and occasions, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 125December 24, 2021 1:36 PM

R124 I suppose one would take a certain comfort in knowing exactly where you’re going to be buried from day one.

Certainly makes you appreciate the “finity” of life, I reckon.

by Anonymousreply 126December 24, 2021 1:38 PM

It's described as embossed wool and it was, as usual, an Angela Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 127December 24, 2021 1:39 PM

She does look like she lost weight, but damn, that’s still a really great head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 128December 24, 2021 1:58 PM

I want to see The Queen beat every monarch for the longest reign EVER in history! If she lives as long as Prince Philip, she'll achieve it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 24, 2021 6:43 PM

She's lost weight, but it's still hard to believe she's 95. If someone whose never seen a photo of her (yes, lots of people still live in caves) were to estimate her age, the guess would probably be mid-seventies.

by Anonymousreply 130December 24, 2021 6:49 PM

The dress at OP looks heavily pilled (very apparent on the sides of the sleeves - profile view). She's lost weight, so the dress also looks too large at the bust and below the bust. Shoulders fit, but the fabric is unbelievably worn. Better to just dump it.

Hair looks a bit disheveled. She could brush a tiny bit more of color on her eyebrows.

Sapphire brooch is hanging crooked.

by Anonymousreply 131December 24, 2021 7:01 PM

How can you possibly tell it's frayed and not nubby/purposely textured from that photo? There are shadows all over the fabric.

by Anonymousreply 132December 24, 2021 7:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 24, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote]the fabric is unbelievably worn

It's not worn, as we've already discussed.

She's had similar dresses with the same material before, the one pictured is from 2013 and isn't the same but very close to it, just with pockets. Even when new and obviously photoshopped, there were those "frayed" bits coming off of it, because it's embossed wool, as r127 said.

It's not a great look on her but I don't think the queen is going to official functions in rags, like so many of you seem to believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 25, 2021 10:52 AM

Her hair is a korean wig she bought on 22nd St. on her last visit to New York.

by Anonymousreply 135December 25, 2021 12:01 PM

The dress is too big for the Queen who has lost weight. She's practically swimming in it. She was very solemn and sad in her message. She couldn't even give a smile at the end of her Christmas message like she normally does. I think Prince Philip's death and the pandemic has taken its toll. Hang on, girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 25, 2021 2:24 PM

Kate is more complex and more talented than people give her credit for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 25, 2021 2:26 PM

William drove his family to church today at Sandringham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 25, 2021 2:31 PM

Charles and Camilla attended a service at St George's Chapel, Windsor.

Camilla may have sewed the patches on her coat last night while waiting for Santa.

I know...I'm awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 25, 2021 2:33 PM

The Wessex family were at St George's Chapel too.

Oh Sophie, that hat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 25, 2021 2:35 PM

The Queen can't even have a peaceful Christmas this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 25, 2021 3:05 PM

It's strange that the queen didn't attend church service.... have we seen her since her hospitalization actually walking? We saw still pics of her with various dignitaries, but I don't recall any of her moving around. I could be wrong, of course.

by Anonymousreply 142December 25, 2021 3:51 PM

Happy Birthday to the Queen's cousin, Princess Alexandra of Kent. She wears her tiaras well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 25, 2021 5:28 PM

Kate has really come into her own. She's living her best life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 25, 2021 5:53 PM

The Queen's message of condolence for the death of Desmond Tutu.

The Harkles will have to release a statement any time now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 26, 2021 4:40 PM

There is a private chapel in Windsor Castle. She has probably been advised to avoid crowds of people.

by Anonymousreply 146December 26, 2021 4:43 PM

I don't have anyone on my ignore list, yet I can't see a couple of posts. Hmm, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 147December 27, 2021 8:49 AM

The Royals are upset about security shake up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 30, 2021 7:38 PM

I can't imagine anything more boring than her job and life but honestly she's missing in church and people worry? Maybe she's an atheist and is tired of the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 149December 30, 2021 7:44 PM

Brenda is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England (symbolic position, not religious). She has to go to church.

by Anonymousreply 150December 30, 2021 7:53 PM

The Queen was, is and will always be religious. She takes her title as Defender of the Faith seriously.

by Anonymousreply 151December 30, 2021 7:55 PM

Whatever R150, boring....

by Anonymousreply 152December 30, 2021 7:56 PM

Lol r151 please have sex

by Anonymousreply 153December 31, 2021 10:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 31, 2021 5:00 PM

^ Sorry for the posts. DL is acting up again.

by Anonymousreply 160December 31, 2021 5:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 31, 2021 11:26 PM

Small wonder Anne is the hardest working royal. Everything she does counts six times.

by Anonymousreply 162December 31, 2021 11:29 PM

R161 - what a coincidence that the person most deserving of one of the country's highest honors should be the Queen's own daughter-in-law!

by Anonymousreply 163January 1, 2022 1:13 AM

I've read that's it's no surprise that Anne is the hardest working royal.

by Anonymousreply 164January 1, 2022 7:17 PM

Charles already honoured Camilla with the Noble Order of the Tampons.

by Anonymousreply 165January 2, 2022 1:27 AM

Old friends and servants are dropping like flies around the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 2, 2022 2:32 PM

Mistress Of The Nosebag.

by Anonymousreply 167January 2, 2022 2:36 PM

R163... the Order of the Garter has two streams of membership... one for service to the country and one for senior members of the Royal Family, so it's not a coincidence, but more expected. In due course, Kate will join William in membership. Probably once there's a new King and they are Prince and Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 168January 2, 2022 3:15 PM

So what are the perks of being a member of the Order of the Garter? What kind of discounts and swag does it include?

by Anonymousreply 169January 2, 2022 6:57 PM

Kate became Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order on her eighth (?) wedding anniversary. That in itself is quite prestigious.

by Anonymousreply 170January 2, 2022 7:04 PM

I'm not worried about Queen Elizabeth II because I'm fucking pissed off at her for her spineless, blinkered handling of her brain-dead pompous amoral second son, and of Charles' brain-dead, pompous, petulant, cruel, lying younger son.

She is the problem. My sympathies have dried up.

If the monarchy is interested in survival, the only sane thing to do is resurrect the Duke of Buckingham from the grave and send him in to despatch the Queen AND Charles just as he did the Little Princes in the Tower, so that someone with BALLS and a spine and the right wife behind him can bloody FIX IT.

by Anonymousreply 171January 2, 2022 7:45 PM

And now for some bling. My favorite tiara - 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗞𝗼𝗸𝗼𝘀𝗵𝗻𝗶𝗸 𝗧𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 13, 2022 7:13 PM

She needed to read Andrew the riot when he was a bratty, arrogant, cruel teen. He has sullied the reputation of the royal family along with Charles and his CBEs to the highest bidder in a way that makes you really question whether she was genuinely worried about the monarchy above all else. Because it sure doesn't look it.

by Anonymousreply 173January 13, 2022 10:13 PM

Bad Boris has had to make a grovelling apology to the Queen for parties attended during the time she had to sit alone during her husband's funeral. She followed government guidelines. The government made the rules and then broke them and lied about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 14, 2022 2:39 PM

R172 My total favourite! Er, with the exception of the George IV Diadem: the Vladimir emerald and diamond takes third place. You know, they can take the emerald drops off the Vlad and put pearl drops in the circlets . . .

by Anonymousreply 175January 14, 2022 11:01 PM

R172 Why doesn't she have a decent sapphire tiara? Her sapphire tiara sucks.

And she has such stunning sapphire necklaces earrings and brooches . . .shame.

by Anonymousreply 176January 14, 2022 11:03 PM

Here's the sapphire tiara. Yeah, not too impressive, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 14, 2022 11:09 PM

One program is supporting the Queen by airing the National Anthem every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2022 4:57 PM

And, I wish she wouldn't always use the sapphire pendant with it that she made from one of the original necklace's stones. I think the necklace more beautiful without the pendant. The necklace is part of a suite that George VI gave to QEII as a wedding present:

"In 1947, King George VI purchased this magnificent suite of diamonds and sapphires set in gold from Carrington & Co. as a gift for the wedding of his eldest daughter, Princess Elizabeth, to Prince Philip.

Her Majesty loved the necklace, but found it a trifle too long. In 1959, she had it shortened by four stones. The largest of the sapphires that were removed was converted into the elegant pendant which hangs from the center of the necklace. This pendant, as is the case of much of the Royal jewelry, serves as a secondary piece of jewelry when detached and worn from a matching pin assembled from the remaining stones from the necklace’s alteration."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 18, 2022 8:20 PM

The Queen does the right thing. Boris The Clown does not. That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 19, 2022 6:36 PM

The Queen sends a message to Tonga after the volcano eruption and tsunami.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2022 2:56 PM

The Queen is now at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate where she will be staying for weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 23, 2022 6:04 PM

OK, explain that link to me please.

by Anonymousreply 183January 23, 2022 8:07 PM

^ Sorry wrong link at R182. Here is the correct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 23, 2022 8:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 26, 2022 3:13 PM

^ She's not actually behind the wheel there.

by Anonymousreply 186January 26, 2022 3:33 PM

^I know... fucking Mail, click baiting. I thought the same thing and looked at the pics and she's obviously being driven.

by Anonymousreply 187January 26, 2022 3:35 PM

His deranged followers are saying that Scobie is implying this is not a recent picture of the Queen and that it's some old picture (with autumnal trees in the background) to provide a Proof of Life photo. Scobie's mention of her Range Rover being 15 years old is what has sent them all into a froth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 27, 2022 10:58 AM

The Queen looking at Jubilee cards and greetings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 4, 2022 5:55 PM

I wonder how much this Queen Victoria autograph fan would be worth at auction? Of course, it's in the Royal Archives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 4, 2022 5:57 PM

One lone Dorgi named Candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 4, 2022 5:57 PM

I want the recipe for the official Jubilee pudding.

by Anonymousreply 192February 5, 2022 12:58 PM

All smiles at Sandringham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 5, 2022 1:19 PM

A video of HM. She doesn't want to use her cane so she just holds it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 5, 2022 1:31 PM

She’s slower, and skinnier in that video,r194, but she still looks compos mentis, interested in the world around her, and a good ten years younger than her current age.

by Anonymousreply 195February 5, 2022 2:30 PM

"I'm going to be around for some time yet, bitches!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196February 5, 2022 9:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197February 16, 2022 3:36 PM

The Queen has Covid but she's keeping calm and carrying on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 20, 2022 1:54 PM

The Horse Wife gave it to her. Told you so.

by Anonymousreply 199February 21, 2022 6:41 AM

R199 She didn't meet with Camilla. She met with Charles, who clearly gave it to both women, as Camilla tested positive after Charles. There was a general outbreak amongst staff at Windsor Castle. I suppose Camills was chatting with the Third Underhousemaid and that's how it happened.

by Anonymousreply 200February 21, 2022 11:42 AM

R199 you gave it to her? I knew it.

by Anonymousreply 201February 21, 2022 11:49 AM

[quote]Camilla tested positive after Charles

Because she didn't take the test right away. It's not like they are daily testing. When they do, it first goes to the important people like the Prince, then staff, then stable.

by Anonymousreply 202February 22, 2022 5:18 AM

Charles is trying to kill the Queen because he wants to be King before he is dead.

by Anonymousreply 203February 23, 2022 2:23 AM

The Queen is on the cover of People mag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 25, 2022 1:22 PM

What if Charles dies first? It's about time England gets a young monarch again.

by Anonymousreply 205February 25, 2022 2:42 PM

The Queen is visiting family so she seems to have recovered from her mild case of Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 1, 2022 12:58 PM

Ah, but only specific family. Euge and husband were missing from the tender family reunion.

My guess is that wherever the Cambridges are, the Brooksbanks are now persona non grata.

It would be sooooo delicious if Charles popped off unexpectedly before his mother. Charles is the last ally the Harkles and, therefore, Euge, have in the BRF upper tier.

TQ m ight be at pains to demonstrate family unity, but Cousin Wills? Not.

Those In and Those Out will be obvious within a week of the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 207March 2, 2022 12:09 AM

I'm so happy the old gal is past Covid. Long live the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 208March 4, 2022 3:11 PM

The Queen won't be living at Buckingham Palace ever again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 6, 2022 2:51 PM

The Queen met in person with Canadian PM Justin Trudeau today at Windsor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 7, 2022 2:19 PM

^ Notice the blue and yellow flowers in the background...a subtle hint of support for Ukraine. Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 211March 7, 2022 2:20 PM

Oh to be a fly on the wall and hear what the Queen really thinks about the situation in Ukraine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 7, 2022 2:21 PM

I don't remember seeing this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 7, 2022 2:24 PM

At r209, the Tweet author says that Windsor is going to be the Queen's "forever home". Since when is the Queen a fucking rescue pet?

by Anonymousreply 214March 7, 2022 2:46 PM

R211, that was a typically classy gesture from HM. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 215March 7, 2022 2:47 PM

R75 You need to keep up, mate. TQ began paying actual taxes after the Windsor Castle fire. But the amount is secret. What she doesn't pay tax on are the revenues from the Duchy of Lancaster, kist as Charles doesn't owe taxes on the revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall.

Both make voluntary contributions to the Trrasury from THOSE revenues.

But the rest of their income from portfolios, real estate, etc., are taxed now.

So are the revenues from the trust funds Diana left her two sons.

by Anonymousreply 216March 7, 2022 3:09 PM

Wow. Justin & Liz-the titans of the Commonwealth meet.

STAR power !

by Anonymousreply 217March 8, 2022 5:47 AM

Sorry, but she's lived long enough.

by Anonymousreply 218March 8, 2022 5:52 AM

[quote] The Queen won't be living at Buckingham Palace ever again.

So when can we move in?

by Anonymousreply 219March 8, 2022 4:04 PM

Why, look at R218! We have God Almighty amongst us determining who has lived long enough and who hasn't!

by Anonymousreply 220March 8, 2022 5:33 PM

The Queen was a lady in red on her Zoom call today.

The Queen held Audiences via video link from Windsor Castle to Buckingham Palace with the High Commissioner for the Republic of India and the Ambassador from the Republic of Armenia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2022 5:51 PM

The Queen won't be attending the Commonwealth service. The walk in Westminster Abbey may be too much for her now. This is a big deal because the Commonwealth is important to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 11, 2022 5:01 PM

[quote]She must have lost 20 lbs. in the last month.

The little bitch!

by Anonymousreply 223March 11, 2022 5:02 PM

R222 - just realized while reading the post above that the Queen's cousin the Duke of Gloucester has Covid now.

by Anonymousreply 224March 11, 2022 5:02 PM

As Charles is the next Head of the Commonwealth, it's not too far out, but I'm sure the CW itself would rather it were the Queen because she may never get another chance, and they like her so much more.

Gloucester is quite frail himself. I imagine the COVID threat is the primary reason she isn't attending the service, although the walk would clearly also be a factor.

She really is literally and figuratively disappearing from sight. It is reaching a point where it isn't courageous and admirable, but pathetic verging on the grotesque. And I say this as someone for whom her eventual death will also mark a turning point in life.

They clearly are fighting tooth and nail to keep this charade going for the Platinum Jubilee.

It's taking on a macabre feel.

by Anonymousreply 225March 11, 2022 5:27 PM

Harry isn't going to attend Prince Philip's memorial at the end of the month.

What an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 11, 2022 5:37 PM

Time for Sunday bling...Queen Mary's Sapphire Sunray Tiara hasn't been seen in public for awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 20, 2022 4:23 PM

First stop on the Cambridge tour is Belize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 20, 2022 4:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229March 20, 2022 5:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 20, 2022 5:28 PM

R227 - It's much more beautiful than that ugly sapphire tiara the Queen wears when she pulls out the George VI sapphire suite. The Queen doesn't seem to like those bandeau tiaras much.

I think they're dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 231March 20, 2022 5:44 PM

R230 I don't see how she is going to manage the Platinum Jubilee events, especially the Trooping the Colour bit, let alone standing for the Remembrance Day services in November.

by Anonymousreply 232March 20, 2022 5:48 PM

Love how Kate pulls off both the formal and informal looks here. I wonder if the blue is a constant reminder of Ukraine?

And, it's obvious in the photos at the cacao farm that all that loose flowy hair is hers.

by Anonymousreply 233March 20, 2022 5:50 PM

Will & Kate getting into the Belize spirit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 20, 2022 6:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235March 21, 2022 1:07 PM

It must be serious if she is thinking of not attending Philip’s memorial service. The media here is full of stories that she doesn’t want the public to see how frail she really is, as it might affect the perception of the monarchy. Philip stopped all public engagements when his health was failing. The Queen should allow herself this also.

by Anonymousreply 236March 21, 2022 1:13 PM

Will and Kate attended a reception at Mayan ruins in Belize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 22, 2022 4:05 PM

A close up of Kate's evening gown. It's not my favorite but it kind of grows on you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 22, 2022 4:12 PM

I can't like that dress at all. The little kid ribbon at the back is awful. At least she doesn't have dinged in tits like Markle in that red disaster.

by Anonymousreply 239March 22, 2022 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 22, 2022 4:23 PM

Kate in green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 24, 2022 5:14 PM

Kate in white & Will in uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 24, 2022 5:15 PM

The Queen did a virtual audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 24, 2022 5:16 PM

I'm liking Kate's green dress. She wore the Queen's earrings too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 24, 2022 5:29 PM

She's doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 245March 24, 2022 7:18 PM

R244 - Kate has something really necessary for that kind of neckline and decolletage, and that is lovely shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 246March 25, 2022 1:14 PM

The Queen looks good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 25, 2022 1:39 PM

Kate's outfits worn in Jamaica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 25, 2022 2:00 PM

Kate & Will have arrived in the Bahamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 27, 2022 7:58 PM

The Queen and the royal family at Prince Philip's memorial service. A moving rendition of "God Save The Queen".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 29, 2022 1:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 29, 2022 1:50 PM

Over a million trees have been planted for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 31, 2022 3:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 1, 2022 9:27 PM

If the stress from losing Philip or Harry's antics don't kill her, Andrew may finish the job.

by Anonymousreply 255April 1, 2022 9:40 PM

R254 That's a very damning article. That family is a bunch of grifters. Just unreal.

by Anonymousreply 256April 1, 2022 10:28 PM

R256 - No, Andrew, Harry, and Meghan are grifters. The rest of the family aren't.

by Anonymousreply 257April 1, 2022 10:56 PM

Oh look, Andrew is using HRH when Mummy told him not to do so.

He needs to be neutralized or the Platinum Jubilee will be a bust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 2, 2022 4:00 PM

I think they are testing the waters to see what they can claw back while the Queen is still alive. The Yorks are desperate and capable of anything to do with money and status. Everyone sees it but the Queen.

I can't imagine the anger that Charles must feel. For once, I feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 259April 2, 2022 4:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 2, 2022 4:27 PM

R260 I read the article this morning and was surprised to see the comment section had a number of Andy supporters. They pointed out it was a family affair and anyway, the Queen can do what she wants. Some even questioned the veracity of the article itself and its "source" which is not typical of Mail readers.

by Anonymousreply 261April 2, 2022 4:35 PM

The Queen is making a big mistake. The monarchy is at a fragile time - after all these years she just may blow it for her worthless son.

by Anonymousreply 262April 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Andrew deleted the IG post with the HRH. Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 263April 2, 2022 11:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 3, 2022 5:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 3, 2022 5:43 PM

Lady Louise is slowly growing into an attractive young woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266April 3, 2022 7:15 PM

The Queen won't attend the Royal Maundy Service. Charles and Camilla will represent her for the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 8, 2022 6:26 PM

The Queen has a video call with hospital workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 10, 2022 9:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 12, 2022 6:00 PM

Anne gets all my respect. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 270April 12, 2022 7:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2022 5:50 PM

Im glad the Palace is putting that out there. These headlines today about her not attending Easter service are just stupid, it shouldn't even be news. The woman is almost 100 and has given her entire life to the people.

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2022 8:43 PM

he Queen has travelled to Sandringham from Windsor, Buckingham Palace confirms, for a private break where she is expected to privately mark her 96th birthday tomorrow with close family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 273April 20, 2022 6:29 PM

she's on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 274April 20, 2022 6:31 PM

A new photo of the Queen has been released for her 96th birthday tomorrow. It was taken last month.

Her hair matches the color of the horses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 20, 2022 9:14 PM

R274 we are all on our way out. But if she was truly about to be raptured she wouldn’t be well enough to travel from Windsor to Sandringham to celebrate her 96th birthday at Wood Farm.

Great picture that you’ve linked to, R275!

by Anonymousreply 276April 20, 2022 9:23 PM

I wouldn’t worry too much , she is 96 tomorrow. She needs to be held up by two ponies though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 20, 2022 9:53 PM

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have arrived in St Lucia at the start of their Caribbean tour. They were welcomed by the Honourable Philip J. Pierre, Prime Minister and His Excellency Mr Cyril Errol Melchiades Charles, Acting Governor General.

In The Queen's Platinum Jubilee year, Edward and Sophie will also visit St Vincent and the Grenadines and Antigua and Barbuda, A trip to Grenada was cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 23, 2022 7:36 PM

Next stop for the Wessexes are St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 23, 2022 7:38 PM

Why was the trip to Grenada cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 280April 23, 2022 7:39 PM

I think Grenada had the potential for problems. I heard they want reparations. To avoid embarrassment, the British Government advised to cancel that leg of the trip.

by Anonymousreply 281April 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Thanks, R281.

by Anonymousreply 282April 23, 2022 7:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 27, 2022 2:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 27, 2022 3:13 PM

Camilla, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 285April 27, 2022 3:57 PM

The Queen received the President of Switzerland today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 28, 2022 1:31 PM

The Queen will NOT be attending any garden parties this season. No surprise there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 5, 2022 3:29 PM

An unseen photo has been released of the Queen. It's more of a smirk than a smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 5, 2022 3:33 PM

Her Majesty getting ready for her close up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 5, 2022 11:44 PM

Princess Margaret once said that the Queen is the only person who can put a tiara on with one hand while walking down stairs.

by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2022 12:46 AM

Many of the Queen's grandchildren and great grandchildren will pay tribute to her at the Royal Windsor Horse Show next Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 8, 2022 3:59 PM

Queen Elizabeth II has become the THIRD longest reigning monarch in history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 9, 2022 12:19 PM

Edward and Sophie just finished a trip to the Channel Islands. Boy, that Sophie enjoys dancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2022 1:38 PM

Funny, seeing Edward in profile in the video in R293, to me he resembled both Harry and William. I've not noticed that before.

by Anonymousreply 294May 15, 2022 6:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!