Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck: I would’ve ‘still’ been drinking if I’d stayed married to Jennifer Garner

Ben Affleck felt “trapped” in his marriage to Jennifer Garner — and thinks he wouldn’t have gotten sober had he stayed.

“We probably would’ve ended up at each other’s throats. I probably still would’ve been drinking,” Affleck, 49, recently said on SiriusXM’s “The Howard Stern Show.”

“Part of why I started drinking was because I was trapped.”

Affleck, who went to rehab for alcoholism in 2018, continued, “I was like, ‘I can’t leave because of my kids, but I’m not happy, what do I do?’ And what I did was drank a bottle of scotch and fell asleep on the couch, which turned out not to be the solution.”

The actor added that he and 49-year-old Garner, who were married from 2005 to 2018, tried to work on their marriage for the sake of their three children: Violet, 16, Seraphina, 12, and 9-year-old Samuel.

“Ultimately, we tried, we tried, we tried because we had kids, but both of us felt like we didn’t want this to be the model that our kids see of marriage,” he said.

He explained that the tabloids had it wrong about their breakup.

“Everything you read [in the news about the divorce] was bulls–t. The truth was we took our time, we made our decision … We grew apart,” he said. “We had a marriage that didn’t work. This happens. She’s somebody I love and respect, but to whom I shouldn’t be married any longer.”

The “Argo” actor said his marriage to Garner ended on good terms.

“We did it amicably. We did our best. Did we have moments of tension? Did we have disagreements over custody? Was stuff difficult for us? Did we get angry? Yes, but fundamentally it was always underpinned with a respect,” he said, adding, “I knew she was a good mom. I always hoped she knew I was a good dad. I knew I was.”

Affleck also revealed that once he hit rock bottom, it took a year and a half to get sober.

“The cure for addiction is suffering, you suffer enough, that something inside you goes, ‘I’m done,'” he said of getting clean. “I’m lucky because I hit that point before I lost the things that were most important. Not my career or money — it was my relationship with my kids, and when I felt as if it impacted them, I recognized it.”

Affleck added, “It was the worst day of my life. I made amends … But since that day, I swear to Christ, I have not ever wanted to drink once.”

The “Gone Girl” star admitted the public dissolution of his marriage to Garner briefly gave him pause when it came to rekindling his aughts-era romance with Jennifer Lopez.

“It crossed my mind for sure … My responsibility to my children is the highest responsibility I have, so I’m not going to do anything that’s painful or destructive to them if I can help it,” he said. “That being said, I know that my life affects them.”

He added, “Me and their mom are celebrities and that’s hard. Let’s not bulls–t each other, right? That’s a f–king cross to bear, that’s an albatross already … and then during the divorce, you know they printed horrible lies.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 18, 2022 9:59 AM

Blame Jen. He like his brother Casey are big old drunks!

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2021 8:26 PM

I guess DLers were right when they accused Garner of pricking the condom to trap Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2021 8:27 PM

It's Garner's fault. She's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2021 8:27 PM

Some people just bring out the worst in you and you have to get the fuck away from them, for your own mental and emotional health. They may not want to hear it or deal with it but that's reality.

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2021 8:31 PM

He is an ass. I think she’s a lot less perfect than she seems, but he really is an ass, always looking to blame someone else. “Trapped”? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2021 8:34 PM

That’s what happens, Ben, when you marry according to your br-a-a-nd.

This was choice right here:

[quote]I’m not going to do anything that’s painful or destructive to [my kids] IF I CAN HELP IT.”

Entitled, selfish, arrogant, deluded douche nozzle.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]“Part of why I started drinking was because I was trapped.”

He makes it sound like he was a teetotaler before then.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2021 8:58 PM

But... but - well, she's always going to church!

In LA, for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2021 8:59 PM

Is he Hollywood sober?

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2021 9:07 PM

Seriously r8. Affleck had been a problem drinker for many years before he met Garner.

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2021 9:12 PM

I can't stand Jennifer Garner's pious, martyr, long-suffering, and goody-two-shoes image. I think she did try to make Ben into something that he wasn't. Tried to make herself half of the power couple with children.

That said, he's full of shit as well. In photos (even photos that look staged), he looks miserable with his kids. He said that in one day, he "made amends" with his kids. Typical asshole thinking he can clean his slate in one day. Takes longer for some kids to trust again.

Now, he's back with JLo? What's different this time around?

IMO, he will drink again, he will end up with hookers again.

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote]“Part of why I started drinking was because I was trapped.”

Asshole, you started drinking when Reagan was President. Don't blame your marriage.

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2021 9:23 PM

He also calls fame a "cross to bear" and an "albatross." Says the press printed horrible lies. Yet he still partakes in pap strolls! Still lives in L.A. Go to hell, Ben.

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2021 9:27 PM

I will always Love Ben Affleck. He is a good kind man despite his flaws.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2021 9:30 PM

Shitty person says shitty thing.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2021 9:34 PM

He was known for being a lush before he married Garner.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2021 9:34 PM

So, why did he marry her, have kids with her, stay in the marriage so long if it was such a burden. I get feeling trapped but honey, get out if you don't want to be there.

I like Ben but blaming it on the marriage is ... pretty rough. Addiction is a disease and it started before Jennifer G.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2021 9:38 PM

Yeah like mega cunt j.ho is such an upgrade, I'm guessing she let's him do what he wants as long as he does the cringey photo-ops with the paps.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2021 9:40 PM

He was in rehab in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2021 9:41 PM

It tells me he isn’t working on his addiction if he’s still blaming it on factors outside himself.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2021 9:42 PM

Exactly, R21. I know a lot of addicts. They sound ridiculous blaming everybody for the most ridiculous things.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2021 9:43 PM

Team Jennifer

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2021 9:44 PM

He is complete trash.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2021 9:44 PM

They're both assholes.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2021 9:45 PM

Unless he said; Garner trapped me or made me feel trapped. He’s not blaming her. He’s articulating his own personal feelings.

It’s pointless to even attempt to tell someone else what to feel or how to feel.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2021 9:45 PM

Never a good sign when you try to blame someone else for your drinking problems.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2021 9:45 PM

What a guy! Humiliating the mother of your children is always a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2021 9:46 PM

Is he angry with Jen G? Latest photos show him engrossed in conversation with her and widely gesticulating.

Regardless of the players, this comes across as a passive-aggressive move and incredibly unkind to his ex-wife and kids.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2021 9:47 PM

I hate that he's viewed as a liberal mouthpiece. He's such a pud. I mean better than Ted Nugent or Rob Schneider, butvwhat a low bar

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] Never a good sign when you try to blame someone else for your drinking problems.

[quote] Is he angry with Jen G? Latest photos show him engrossed in conversation with her and widely gesticulating. Regardless of the players, this comes across as a passive-aggressive move and incredibly unkind to his ex-wife and kids.

Unless he said; Garner trapped me or made me feel trapped. He’s not blaming her. He’s articulating his own personal feelings.

It’s pointless to even attempt to tell someone else what to feel or how to feel.

However he felt in the marriage is simply how he felt. His feelings made him unhappy or made him drink or whatever, not Garner.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2021 9:51 PM

I'm sure by "made amends" with his kids he meant promised to buy them a PS5, new clothes, and a fleet of cars when they turn 16.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2021 9:55 PM

What about the gambling, coke, and sex addictions? Leaving those out conveniently I guess.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2021 10:00 PM

He is an alcoholic because a woman "trapped" him?! He was probably drunk during that interview. Any woman with any sense and a shred of dignity now knows he's damaged and to stay away.

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote] What about the gambling, coke, and sex addictions? Leaving those out conveniently I guess.

Gambling, coke, and sex are separate issues. JLo is to blame for gambling. Page Six is working on a follow-up article about JLo's role in Ben's woes.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2021 10:07 PM

If anything, Garner cleaned him up for a short while.

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2021 10:08 PM

What a piece of motherfucking shit he is.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2021 10:08 PM

And if he’s actually sober, I’ll eat my hat.

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2021 10:08 PM

Boring hetero drama. Let me know when he talks about sucking off Matt Damon dick.

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2021 10:09 PM

Shouldn't Benny be blaming his alcoholic, abusive dad instead of his ex-wife, for being an alcoholic? I mean, if he wasn't going to be a big boy and take responsibility for being an alcoholic himself.

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2021 10:11 PM

He's NOT viewed as a liberal mouthpiece, r30. Some people need to inject politics into every single conversation. It's like a mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2021 10:13 PM

He’s such an arrogant ass. “I knew I was a good dad” - that’s not for him to judge.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2021 10:14 PM

"I respect her so much, and yet, I was

[bold]T R A P P E D[/bold]

in that marriage. And being married to her made me an alcoholic and would have kept me an alcoholicuntil I metaphorically gnawed my own foot off to get free.

But I respect her totally as the mother of my children!"

--Ben

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2021 10:16 PM

R41 He's viewed as a privileged, spoiled good-looking white boy who had it easy considering his marginal talent and substance abuse issues. Without the help of Matt Damon, The Weinsteins, Kevin Smith, his more talented brother and fellow attention hoes Jen Garner and JHo, he would not be nowhere near as famous as he is.

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2021 10:19 PM

Freed from the TRAP of Jennifer Garner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2021 10:21 PM

Did JLo answer his questions for him? He’s sleazy. Imagine ANYONE saying their job is a cross to bear? He has the maturity of a 12 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2021 10:21 PM

R12 - [quote]I can't stand Jennifer Garner's pious, martyr, long-suffering, and goody-two-shoes image. I think she did try to make Ben into something that he wasn't. Tried to make herself half of the power couple with children.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. She strikes me as someone who is "nice", but is constantly looking for ways to fix and cure the men around her.

by Anonymousreply 47December 14, 2021 10:23 PM

I usually don't listen to Stern's interviews because they are so boring and he tries to turn it into a therapy session, but I couldn't tear myself away.

Sure, Ben was a motor mouth, but what he had to say was fascinating and so painfully honest. It felt very raw and cathartic. It was refreshing to hear a celebrity admit to all his failings and how much public opinion hurt him and his career. His childhood was a nightmare.

The kind words he had to say about Robin Williams was very touching and seemed genuine.

I wouldn't want to be trapped by him at a party since he talks so much, but I have some new found respect for him.

by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2021 10:26 PM

He felt trapped? I guess that is why he was screwing the kids Nanny!

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2021 10:30 PM

He felt trapped in his marriage so he drank and yet he had addictions before his marriage. Does he not know the internet exists and we can look these things up? What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2021 11:46 PM

I actually appreciated his recent turn in The Last Duel. Affleck was surprisingly good; although think it’s no coincidence he plays a wealthy, smug (funny) douche.

Oh Ben....Ben....,,why do you do such STOOPID things and sabotage yourself and those that care for you?

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2021 12:51 AM

I think the clock is ticking on this one.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2021 1:06 AM

He shouldn't be badmouthing her to the world. TMI.

by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2021 1:07 AM

Wasn't his father an alcoholic? It bewilders me when alkies with relatives who are alkies try to blame it on someone - no, honey, it's probably your genes.

by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2021 1:14 AM

if you read in between the lines, she clearly was OK with him drinking himself to death. She knew he had a substance abuse problem. He was using again and despite having, i dunno, tens of millions in resources and multiple homes, she didn't leave with the kids.

Its always interesting when you have people who dont know how to or dont care to create boundaries. she is clearly one of them. She is not the reason he's an addict but any spouse in that situation has to put their foot down in terms of "get help/go to rehab or the marriage is over".

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2021 1:46 AM

R55 I've always read that she's been the one constantly trying to get him help and getting him to rehab. The article below is just one example of that. So weird that you made that up, to blame her? Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2021 1:49 AM

I dont know what the articles say and I dont really care because they're the story that the couple wants to put out. In a relationship addict who wont get help, either you leave or you don't. The begging to go to rehab stage should be short lived and can only really occur once in a relationship. once the addict has relapsed, it's rehab or GTFO.

I dont blame her for his problems. Maybe she would have left him. Never know. Never a bad time to remind people how to create boundaries with addicts in their lives though, which is why i responded

by Anonymousreply 57December 15, 2021 1:59 AM

R57 Did you notice that she was intervening and taking him to rehab when they weren't even together? That's right, he was drinking when he wasn't even with her and was dating some other woman. But she was still trying to get him help.

by Anonymousreply 58December 15, 2021 3:11 AM

R58, he's still drinking.

by Anonymousreply 59December 15, 2021 3:13 AM

And let him stink up the car with fucking Jack in the Box. R58

by Anonymousreply 60December 15, 2021 3:21 AM

Ben Affleck: If I hadn't been into SUCKING COCK and GETTING FUCKED UP THE ASS I'd still be married to Jennifer Garner.

by Anonymousreply 61December 15, 2021 3:36 AM

In terms of insufferability, I can see Garner being only one notch below AnnE Hathaway.

But this is known as the "blame the bitch" syndrome, and it's really unwise to say in public, especially at this particular cultural moment.

by Anonymousreply 62December 15, 2021 3:38 AM

[quote] Did you notice that she was intervening and taking him to rehab when they weren't even together? That's right, he was drinking when he wasn't even with her and was dating some other woman. But she was still trying to get him help.

Not R57, but I did notice that. He's still the father of her children. But it seemed like she still wanted him back as a husband, not just as a father.

Their divorce took forever, years. She (J. Garner) never dated anyone else. She was doing her weekly pap strolls to church and seemed to be loving the attention. She got off on being a faithful savior. That's not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 63December 15, 2021 3:58 AM

She’s too good for him.

by Anonymousreply 64December 15, 2021 4:14 AM

Rumor mill - he is back drinking.

I really do not think it’s because of anybody else, but his own dysfunctional doing.

by Anonymousreply 65December 15, 2021 4:15 AM

When has he ever stopped drinking?

by Anonymousreply 66December 15, 2021 4:17 AM

Classic video of a totally shitfaced Ben Affleck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 15, 2021 4:18 AM

^^Ben Affleck IS my drunk douchebag brother-in-law in that video.

by Anonymousreply 68December 15, 2021 4:19 AM

Frankly, JLo seems way more high-maintenance than J. Garner. He'll soon feel "trapped" again.

by Anonymousreply 69December 15, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]what he had to say was fascinating and so painfully honest. It felt very raw and cathartic.

Not when you know a lot of what he's saying is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 70December 15, 2021 4:21 AM

R67 do you know the year?

by Anonymousreply 71December 15, 2021 4:22 AM

^^2016

by Anonymousreply 72December 15, 2021 4:23 AM

He is going to look like a dumb ass when we all find out he was never sober. He will profusely apologize to Jennifer, stating he was drunk at the time of this interview.

by Anonymousreply 73December 15, 2021 4:28 AM

“Part of why I started drinking was because I was trapped.”

Started drinking?? I think you're being disingenuous, Ben! Weren't you doing that before and after the marriage? Your default setting is drinking/whoring. Blaming someone else - and doing it publicly too, tut-tut - shows you've learned nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 74December 15, 2021 4:29 AM

Jennifer Garner is a serial cheater who got knocked up by Affleck who married her. It was an unhappy marriage that went on too long. There is nothing he said in the Howard Stern interview that his kids don’t already know.

by Anonymousreply 75December 15, 2021 4:29 AM

I mean, this is shitty to say when his kids will see it. He doesn’t have to make this public.

But yeah- Garner is a phony with bad lip filler.

by Anonymousreply 76December 15, 2021 4:33 AM

Ben and JenG always seemed too neat, too pat. I kind of felt the same way about JLo and Marc Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 77December 15, 2021 4:37 AM

I don’t blame Jennifer but guys like Ben Affleck who are wild will marry and settle down with Betty Crocker thinking it will change their ways and that’s why they feel “trapped”, which isn’t her fault.

by Anonymousreply 78December 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Had Ben partnered with Matt would Ben have turned out to be such a fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 79December 15, 2021 5:24 AM

I pray he finds Jesus (said like Margaret White with one hand in the air)

by Anonymousreply 80December 15, 2021 5:51 AM

This thread makes it certain that a bunch of non-binary autistic loons have taken over the board. Fuck, everything is not black & white. He had a drinking problem, wanted to stop and the marriage was adding to the destructive cycle, by all you idiots way of thinking heroin addicts should stay in the opium den and “take accountability to work on themselves”.

by Anonymousreply 81December 15, 2021 5:58 AM

r81 got triggered

by Anonymousreply 82December 15, 2021 6:02 AM

R82 very triggered. Who’s the loon now? R81

by Anonymousreply 83December 15, 2021 6:27 AM

More people are reading about this than listened to the Stern broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 84December 15, 2021 6:28 AM

What is actually wrong with him? He has been in the media long enough to know how this would sound. I haven’t seen one of his movies in ages so I have no idea what fans he’s trying to appeal to. It seems like more of his self destructive nature.

by Anonymousreply 85December 15, 2021 6:39 AM

Most men by their nature are self-destructive. Saying that is like saying nothing at all. Why not also comment on how females are natural born cunts? LOL. State the obvious much?

by Anonymousreply 86December 15, 2021 6:59 AM

R35 is JLo a gambler too?

BTW, Ben is not aging well and being with JLo shows him up as scruffy. Is he really sober? For decades he's looked perpetually hungover to me. There's been some pretty fug pics of him lately, too.

by Anonymousreply 87December 15, 2021 7:08 AM

Straight men? I’m not self destructive.

by Anonymousreply 88December 15, 2021 7:09 AM

JLo seems so fucking pathetic. She's rich, she's gorgeous, but she can't exist without a man. She was done with ARod for what...a month? before climbing back onboard Ben? And a bloated alchy ex is the best she can do?

by Anonymousreply 89December 15, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote]He also calls fame a "cross to bear" and an "albatross." Says the press printed horrible lies.

I think he means fame is a cross to bear etc. for his kids.

The kids might have issues with the divorce and media but nepotism is alive and well in HW so the kids will be more than OK.

by Anonymousreply 90December 15, 2021 8:59 AM

He's the biggest pussy who's ever pussied. He and Jennifer Lopez deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 91December 15, 2021 9:03 AM

LOL What a fag.

by Anonymousreply 92December 15, 2021 9:28 AM

He’s my homeboy.

by Anonymousreply 93December 15, 2021 9:29 AM

The closet kills!

by Anonymousreply 94December 15, 2021 9:32 AM

JLo can dress him up, but he'll always be a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 95December 15, 2021 11:51 AM

A decent person would never say this sort of thing about the mother of their children. Ben is not a decent person and it's tragic that he doesn't realize how this makes HIM look.

by Anonymousreply 96December 15, 2021 11:59 AM

My prediction: In about four to five years, Ben will do another interview and this time he will blame JLo for his relapse and continuous drinking.

by Anonymousreply 97December 15, 2021 12:00 PM

If he alienates his kids over this thing, he'll have no one to bring to JLo's family photo ops and pap strolls.

by Anonymousreply 98December 15, 2021 12:17 PM

I cannot understand why Jennifer Lopez would want anything to do with him. Ben really is an all-around talented loser.

by Anonymousreply 99December 15, 2021 12:25 PM

How does Howard still get all these guests? Do people really listen to his show?

by Anonymousreply 100December 15, 2021 12:26 PM

The whole "JLo" thing just doesn't have the same juice it did the first time around. Hard to imagine who gets excited about them, and that includes them.

by Anonymousreply 101December 15, 2021 12:28 PM

R99, Alex Rodriguez was no prize, either.

by Anonymousreply 102December 15, 2021 12:35 PM

Typical addict behavior. Always looking to blame someone in order to avoid taking responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 103December 15, 2021 12:55 PM

So much for taking responsibility for your own addiction.

He is such an insufferable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 104December 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Wowwwwwww. This is a massive misstep for him. He’s going to be eating this shit sandwich for months. How incredibly insulting. He just never learns, does he? Blaming Garner for his drinking problem is a new low, even for him. What a fucking idiot. She basically completely rehabbed his image and got him a second Oscar. J Lo will be seeking an exit for the second time after this debacle.

by Anonymousreply 105December 15, 2021 1:16 PM

He's such a dumbass, and I don't buy for a minute that he's sober.

The people who navigate drug/alcohol recovery successfully are the ones who actually are able to take responsibility for themselves and their choices. The ones who continually blame others wind up going back to whatever their drug of choice is.

by Anonymousreply 106December 15, 2021 1:27 PM

There are also some typical enabler/codependent comments defending him. So he didn’t blame Jennifer specifically, he blamed the marriage. Semantics.

by Anonymousreply 107December 15, 2021 1:41 PM

He was a stumbling, hooker snatch-eating, alcoholic mess with JLo (part 1), with Shookus, with his kid's Nanny, and with DeArmas. But it's all Garner's fault. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 108December 15, 2021 1:47 PM

Ben is a privileged wealthy white man, with lots of resources. He needs to get his shit together, stop bad mouthing his children's mother and get his life together for once and for all.

I don't tend to feel bad for people like Ben. I just can't!

by Anonymousreply 109December 15, 2021 1:48 PM

This says to me, like others in this thread, that he’s using again. Blaming his addition on the “trapped” situation he was in instead of the vulnerability of admitting “drinking is something I’m unable to do in a healthy way, ever” frees him up to justify to himself that it’s ok for him to drink now when he’s “happy.”

I also think he problems run a lot deeper than alcohol. Lainey Gossip has her problems and credibility issues, but she used to hint back in the day that he got caught up in a heroin addiction.

by Anonymousreply 110December 15, 2021 1:49 PM

This can't do his career any good, can it? It seems social media has been the undoing of some celebs because they overshare. Their publicists must be pulling their hair out to find out about it after the fact and can only engage in damage control.

by Anonymousreply 111December 15, 2021 1:50 PM

Maybe he and Matt are competing to see which of them can be quoted being the biggest shithead. So far, Matt's still in the lead! Unless Ben also said something horribly shitty about one of his kids in the Stern interview that hasn't been released yet? Then, he'd nudge into first place.

by Anonymousreply 112December 15, 2021 2:12 PM

He’d probably be dead.

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2021 2:19 PM

Wow Ben, how gentlemanly you are ….these celebrities are always blaming someone else rather than admit that they are in essence scum bags.

by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2021 2:21 PM

Ben's timing couldn't be better either with JOld warbling "Marry Me!" on the internet 24/7 and Xmas 'happy families season' around the corner. PR is sure going to be working for their money this month.

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2021 2:37 PM

r105 Um......Ben is J.Lo's "exit."

by Anonymousreply 116December 15, 2021 2:40 PM

I remember when Ana de Armas apparently finally figured out how screwed up Ben was and left, a "source" was quoted in People making it sound like Ben and Ana could have stayed together if it hadn't been for those pesky kids. Very tacky.

[quote]"Ben is no longer dating Ana," a source tells PEOPLE. "She broke it off. Their relationship was complicated. Ana doesn't want to be Los Angeles based and Ben obviously has to since his kids live in Los Angeles."

by Anonymousreply 117December 15, 2021 2:47 PM

Most Leos think they are perfect and any suggestion otherwise is met with fury and denial. He's an addict but "knows" he's a great Dad...he was forced to cope with his oppressive marriage by drinking himself under the table every night, my god, can you blame him???

He has never done anything wrong in his entire life, it's his marvelousness that causes problems.

He went back to that other notorious Leo egomaniac JLo, birds of a feather and all.

Don't get me started on Capricorns.

by Anonymousreply 118December 15, 2021 3:21 PM

Why do these celebrities share personal details of their relationships like this? Garner is a celebrity too and he’s putting this out in public about his ex, also a public figure. So shitty.

by Anonymousreply 119December 15, 2021 3:28 PM

Didn't Victor Garber officiate at Affleck and Garner's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 120December 15, 2021 4:30 PM

In that Deflategate interview posted upthread, he's really fired up and angry about the football rules. You can get an idea of what he's like at his worst, fired up over personal matters.

by Anonymousreply 121December 15, 2021 6:10 PM

Ben has Boston meathead syndrome. He’s always going to be a blowhard idiot.

by Anonymousreply 122December 15, 2021 6:56 PM

Has anyone heard the actual Stern interview?

I heard clips from it and Ben sounded drunk, majorly slurring his words.

by Anonymousreply 123December 15, 2021 8:30 PM

Rolling my eyes at the people shrieking "think of the children". His kids are basically teenagers. They're capable of understanding that not every marriage is happy. They had to realize their parents got divorced for a reason. I don't think he's saying anything outlandish. His marriage sucked and that made it easier to be an alcoholic. He's hardly blaming Garner for all of his problems.

by Anonymousreply 124December 15, 2021 8:49 PM

Ben Hoofleck

by Anonymousreply 125December 15, 2021 10:45 PM

I wonder if any of his kids inherited the alcohol gene

by Anonymousreply 126December 15, 2021 10:59 PM

(Yet another) rehab in 3, 2, 1 . . .

by Anonymousreply 127December 15, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote]Rolling my eyes at the people shrieking "think of the children". His kids are basically teenagers. They're capable of understanding that not every marriage is happy.

The kids are 9, 12. and 16. At first, I thought what a way to alienate his children.

The oldest probably has enough memories of drunk, asshole Ben being his sloppy, passed out, incoherent self, and not giving a fuck enough about his family compared to his need to consume alcohol with the missed family occasions and later stepping out with the babysitter. I think the bewilderment and pain she's felt because daddy preferred alcohol to her and her mother is deeply felt and she probably knows his whatever step "amends" are superficial bullshit.

The younger ones? I don't know how sheltered they were, but, of course, the younger ones know less. Some even idolize absent parents. Rather than alienation, I wonder if they'll adopt their father's tactic and blame their mother for their ills once they do become teens. "Momma's a bad wife and drove my daddy away, so that's why I crashed my Mercedes SUV all by myself in Brentwood."

Dysfunctionalality all around. Wouldn't it be amusing if one of the kids has a fallout with the parent who actually acts like a parent and wants to move in with Ben and JLo? Snicker.

by Anonymousreply 128December 15, 2021 11:51 PM

Which kid was it who was filmed totally refusing to hug him a couple of years ago, on one of their pap strolls? He went in for a "fatherly" squeeze so the paps could get a pic of him being a Great Dad Ben! and she shut him down like the power grid in Texas during a snowstorm. I don't know the difference between the oldest or the middle child but whichever one it was, she is my little hero.

by Anonymousreply 129December 16, 2021 12:09 AM

R129 - The two oldest are girls, the 9 year old is a boy.

by Anonymousreply 130December 16, 2021 12:16 AM

The kids will never have to work a day in their lives and they'll always be wealthy, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 131December 16, 2021 12:29 AM

Affleck and Lopez are such pathetic attention whores. Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 132December 16, 2021 12:33 AM

They don't need to work which gives their heads lots of time to obsess about Ben's shitiness and help to drive them into their own addictive strains.

Addiction to work and productivity often distract and keep other demons at bay. Let's see what happens to this family.

by Anonymousreply 133December 16, 2021 12:36 AM

When he got his oscar for Argo, he publicly insulted Garner during his Oscar speech. The camera cut to her and she looked devastated. I'm surprised she would want anything to do with him. I'm not a Garner fan but I felt sorry for her when he did that.

by Anonymousreply 134December 16, 2021 12:37 AM

Oh well

by Anonymousreply 135December 16, 2021 12:49 AM

Which one is responsible for the name Seraphina?

by Anonymousreply 136December 16, 2021 1:03 AM

To say he felt trapped in his marriage was merely tacky given the kids. But to blame Garner for his drinking was loathsome as well as vile given the truckload of evidence available to the entire world that he was a major lush long before Garner. Is anyone that stupid? Or is it classic addict self-delusion in which he's convinced himself of the lie?

by Anonymousreply 137December 16, 2021 1:04 AM

Whoops, meant "stupid as well as vile," in R137. So stupid to say that given all the documentation out there of his pre-Garner alcoholic embarrassments. What is he displaying telling a whopper like that?

by Anonymousreply 138December 16, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote]Ben Affleck: I would’ve ‘still’ been drinking if I’d stayed married to Jennifer Garner

Such a gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 139December 16, 2021 1:10 AM

The is just like when Brad Pitt said he was bored as well being married to Jennifer Aniston. He had to publicly apologize. Affleck will probably have to do the same. The fraus on social media are furious.

by Anonymousreply 140December 16, 2021 1:40 AM

This spells the end of him with JLo. She doesn’t want bad publicity. Is Ben even sober? Cause now that’s what people are gonna think.

by Anonymousreply 141December 16, 2021 2:14 AM

It sucks having an alcoholic parent.

by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2021 2:24 AM

Just a thought: If he had married JLo the first time around, would he still be eating random stripper snatch on a card table in Vegas, in front of strangers and reporters for the National Enquirer?

You know, just asking, since Benny likes to blame his ladies for when he's naughty.

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2021 2:28 AM

Come on.

Jennifer has to be good. She's a mom. Dick-head Ben is a knob and always has been.

If she intervened, it's not because she's a relationship addict, but because she knows that if Daddy goes out on a whiskey binge, her kids are going to be fucked up for the rest of their lives.

I know someone who chose to die of alcoholism rather than sober up for their kids. The kids just hate themselves and have a massive identity crisis. Ben is a knob.

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2021 2:39 AM

Any man who can stay sober around a woman is a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2021 2:42 AM

R143, of course not!

She would’ve had him murdered.

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote]The two oldest are girls, the 9 year old is a boy.

I think the youngest daughter (Seraphina) is trans.

by Anonymousreply 147December 16, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote] Jennifer has to be good. She's a mom.

I hope you're being ironic because that is such a ridiculous, reductive "frau-y" generalization. It can be put on a bumper sticker that a Jennifer Garner-like soccer mom has on her SUV she uses to take her brood to church.

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2021 2:54 AM

What was Stern's response to all this? Trapped in an unhappy marriage with three kids, that was his problem too.

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2021 2:56 AM

He's a fucking mess. He hasn't killed himself ONLY because he has kids.

by Anonymousreply 150December 16, 2021 2:59 AM

Supposedly ben and Jennifer Garner were sort of arguing/disagreeing with each other outside their child's school because he might have problems with the child being trans

The link is just to a video, but there has been speculation about what they were fighting about on the internet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 16, 2021 3:03 AM

Nice of him to care about his kids now instead of drinking, drugging, and the nanny's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 152December 16, 2021 3:05 AM

I doubt their kid is trans.

by Anonymousreply 153December 16, 2021 3:13 AM

Ben, what an insufferable twat you are. Oh. Oh my. I forgive you.

(On forgiveness, Jen G. and your kids are another matter entirely.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 16, 2021 3:22 AM

J Ho throwing him under the bus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 16, 2021 3:24 AM

R129 i think it was Violet. I wish i could find the gif of it.

by Anonymousreply 156December 16, 2021 3:26 AM

You remember it too R156? If it was Violet, she's my favorite Affleck kid. She hates her fatfuck, drunktard dad so much, I adore her little black heart.

by Anonymousreply 157December 16, 2021 3:29 AM

R153, you obviously don't know what you are talking about

From left to right, Ben's son Sam, JLo's daughter and Ben's child Seraphina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 16, 2021 3:40 AM

He's on Kimmel and coming across very poorly. He's not sober.

by Anonymousreply 159December 16, 2021 3:59 AM

On Kimmel he's saying they took a clip from the Stern interview and took it out of context.

by Anonymousreply 160December 16, 2021 4:00 AM

He looks bad on Jimmy Kimmel. His eyes are glassy and his gestures with his arms and hands are weird.

by Anonymousreply 161December 16, 2021 4:01 AM

NOT surprising he blames JG. I can no longer count how many men I've heard say their nagging wife drove them to drink. It's such a cop out. Especially sad in his case, as JG is responsible for the intervention.

She had been kind enough over the years to remain amicable, and IMHO, went above and beyond any reasonable expectation to help him: i.e. ensuring he wouldn't drive at times, picking his soaked arse up, going to drive thru's to pick up food (which she did on the night of the intervention, before she DROVE him to the Malibu rehab centre.

She's said many kind things about him in the press, when she could have easily done the opposite. Like JG or not, is this the thanks she really deserves?

No respect, and no responsibility taken. Was his gambling addiction her fault as well?

Fuck this schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 162December 16, 2021 4:10 AM

I believe him, I saw her on a talk show years and years ago and she seems insufferable. She thinks she's better than Martha Steward, she even said that. The way she was going on about the way she does chores and cook and household shit.

I'm sure she ordered him around and had him on a short leash.

by Anonymousreply 163December 16, 2021 4:14 AM

I bet he's been to rehab about a dozen times

by Anonymousreply 164December 16, 2021 4:15 AM

Don’t those types go to rehab to get “healthy” so they can keep drinking?

by Anonymousreply 165December 16, 2021 4:16 AM

oh please, they are not gonna be talking about their kid being trans on a public street, use your fucking head.

They are probably arguing about school shit, schedules and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 166December 16, 2021 4:17 AM

[quote] She thinks she's better than Martha Steward

As does GOOP. Affleck must have a masochistic streak.

by Anonymousreply 167December 16, 2021 4:17 AM

R163 Yeah I kinda believe him too.

by Anonymousreply 168December 16, 2021 4:20 AM

or R165 they do more coke so they can keep drinking

by Anonymousreply 169December 16, 2021 4:21 AM

Affleck and Chris Pratt are really a couple of cunts toward their exes.

by Anonymousreply 170December 16, 2021 4:32 AM

Ben's near tears explanation on Kimmel won't do much good to change already formed opinions.

by Anonymousreply 171December 16, 2021 5:13 AM

The big winner in this is Howard Stern, whose name is suddenly relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 172December 16, 2021 5:15 AM

R148

This is why your generation is so fucked up. You can't deal with simple.

Jennifer can't go on a whiskey binge like Ben. She has to keep a regular lifestyle, go shopping for decent food, take her kids to school, the doctor's, the dentist, must attend school concerts and plays, must prepare food for holidays etc. etc. etc.

This is what I meant by "good." It is a pain in the ass to keep up this routine for the kids, but it's something you do for them. You do make sacrifices. This is what I call good. And, no, I wasn't being ironic.

by Anonymousreply 173December 16, 2021 5:16 AM

Who should Ben get with next after JLow? What about Demi Lovato? Wouldn't that be a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 174December 16, 2021 6:53 AM

R174 Lindsay Lohan

by Anonymousreply 175December 16, 2021 7:35 AM

R173 Mothers also become drunks and druggies. Happens all the time. You're living in a dream world if you think motherhood somehow is protection from that.

by Anonymousreply 176December 16, 2021 7:50 AM

Yeah, they do. But the reality is that the majority of childcare falls on the mother.

by Anonymousreply 177December 16, 2021 8:22 AM

Where does the JLo kid above get that curly mop of hair? Is it from Marc Anthony's side of the family?

I wonder if this whole howdy-do is Ben's passive-aggressive way of getting JLo to dump him. Then he can have a little fling with the booze, the broads, and the dope and when he's ready Clooney can drive him to rehab. Clooney must be going mental that the star of his latest movie is imploding.

by Anonymousreply 178December 16, 2021 10:48 AM

R178, they got that hair from their mama. Do you really think her hair is shiny, golden, and straight naturally?

by Anonymousreply 179December 16, 2021 10:51 AM

I can believe that his words were taken out of context. I can believe that what he really meant was that he dealt with the problems in his marriage by drinking rather than handling it like an adult. But it was just fucking idiotic to talk about his bad marriage at all and on Howard Stern of all places. He really has a self destructive streak.

by Anonymousreply 180December 16, 2021 10:58 AM

They all look trans R158.

by Anonymousreply 181December 16, 2021 11:36 AM

Bingo r178. My thoughts exactly. What better way to get JOld off his back.

by Anonymousreply 182December 16, 2021 12:38 PM

R182, seeing as how this is an arrangement by their PR teams, I'm guessing he is doing this to get out of the contract since he can still have all the whores and coke he wants. JLo only did it for publicity after the A-Rod thing.

by Anonymousreply 183December 16, 2021 12:41 PM

Ben expected this to be his comeback year, and instead his two films are getting ignored. That’s when he usually starts one of his off the wagon runs.

by Anonymousreply 184December 16, 2021 12:47 PM

JOld didn't bet on Ben bailing out on her this quickly, this spectacularly lol, r183. Now she's got 2 horribly failed public and embarrassing 'faux-romances' to manage and somehow turn around into a good news story. Problem is who is her next 'target'? Must say Ben is a genius for using Christmas as a backdrop for the public dump.

Guess JOld is going to have put away the Daddy tartan PJs this Xmas.

by Anonymousreply 185December 16, 2021 12:51 PM

If he felt unhappy and trapped in his marriage a feeling's a feeling and there's nothing wrong with that. Though, the high road would be to stay classy and refrain from saying that about your kids' mother to a shock-jock on the radio. (And might we add, the first kid could have been an accident, but did anybody trick him into the rest of them? This guys is a truly a professional at evading responsibility for HIS OWN choices.)

But connecting his drinking to his marital discontent is moronic as well as vile, since it's so dishonest. This clown's been an alkie's alkie and a compulsive's compulsive from way back. and the whole world knows it. How did he win an Oscar as a director? It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 186December 16, 2021 12:53 PM

Maybe I’m giving Lopez too much credit but I’m surprised she’d allow someone like Affleck near her kids.

by Anonymousreply 187December 16, 2021 1:17 PM

Why did Ben receive a Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe nomination for "The Tender Bar" when he's the lead?

by Anonymousreply 188December 16, 2021 1:18 PM

Lopez has shitty taste in men. A-rod was a known cheater. This is her second go with Ben, knowing full well he's an addict, cheating, nanny fucking sleaze with a temper. You are definitely giving her too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 189December 16, 2021 1:25 PM

R109, Rodriguez didn’t cheat on Lopez in front of her children and his cheating likely didn’t affect his personality or behavior or potentially put them at risk of accident or injury. I’ll rephrase my comment,I am surprised Lopez would allow an addict with a history of public drunkenness around her children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 16, 2021 1:54 PM

^ that’s meant for R189.

by Anonymousreply 191December 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Last night on Jimmy Kimmel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 16, 2021 2:04 PM

R176

Not to belabor the point, but there was no generalization from my post. I was talking about Jennifer Garner, not all mothers.

But kudos for you for making the outstanding observation that some mothers are drunks and druggies. I mean, wow, you should be a sociologist or something.

by Anonymousreply 193December 16, 2021 2:14 PM

Jen G had been so obsessed with Ben the aging fratboy, who probably had no plans to marry at all. What actually made her think that Ben is dad and husband material, who knows. How she re-fashioned herself into super frau mama when she was a typical super ambitious man-eating starlet who cheated and upgraded boyfriends is probably why Ben lost interest in their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 194December 16, 2021 2:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 16, 2021 2:51 PM

Gurl, pleated jeans are NOT your friend!

by Anonymousreply 196December 16, 2021 2:59 PM

I love Ben, through all the ups and downs. And you just know he’s a man’s man. He likes pleasure. I’d love to know how many men have had his cock in their mouths. I’m sure it’s more than one. I know he’s not gay, but I bet he enjoys a blowjob from someone who really knows.

by Anonymousreply 197December 16, 2021 3:01 PM

Hi, Matty!

by Anonymousreply 198December 16, 2021 3:03 PM

Affleck is Jlo’s shiksa.

by Anonymousreply 199December 16, 2021 3:18 PM

What a scumbag this guy is. If only he was talented. Blaming his ex-wife and mother of his kids in the medias says a lot about who he is and proves that he is not cured from alcoholism. Because an alcoholic knows that alcoholism is a disease and that no one is to blame.

I guess he feels invulnerable because he's back with his ex. I'm sorry Ben, but I remember very well you having addiction problems before you got married. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 200December 16, 2021 3:24 PM

I'd still go with Affleck if given the chance. I don't give a crap about his personal life, I leave that for the rag magazines and newspapers. Just fuck me already. He is Still a good-looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 201December 16, 2021 3:30 PM

He’s still dreamy. And I have been where he is feeling trapped. (With another man, not woman lol) and I did feel the need to be stoned and drunk most of the time. And she seems like a nagging bitch that never shuts up, so who can blame him?

by Anonymousreply 202December 16, 2021 3:35 PM

He’s also the type of straight man that would let you flirt with him, and he’d be cute with it, and may even pretend flirt back a little bit. I love those types.

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2021 3:37 PM

[Quote]Maybe I’m giving Lopez too much credit but I’m surprised she’d allow someone like Affleck near her kids.

She probably rationalizes by telling herself that it's OK as long as she's around to supervise, that he's a father too, her kids can meet his, blah, blah, blah. The problem isn't that the kids are exposed to him; it's that their mother has chosen to date such a low quality man and sends all sorts of wrong messages to her kids. Substance abuse, a gambling addiction, and indiscriminate sex and cheating -- the trifecta of what not to choose in a mate. "Mom, tell us about the time Ben cheated on you by giving drunken head to the stripper." Seriously, Marc Anthony was sleazy in his own right, but he wasn't as bad as Affleck.

Garner is an interesting creature. From ambitious starlet climbing the Hollywood ladder, cheating on progressively more famous men to finally be part of an A+ list couple to boring church going frau. It's curious that she hasn't been romantically connected to anyone (unless I missed it).

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2021 3:56 PM

Ben Affleck is what he is: A drunkass Masshole. I grew up near the Boston area and guys like Ben are a dime a dozen.

They're GREAT fucks, btw.

by Anonymousreply 205December 16, 2021 3:56 PM

R205 - Absolutely true. Bostonian here too. These men are hot, even if drunken wife beaters.

by Anonymousreply 206December 16, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote]These men are hot, even if drunken wife beaters.

That is what I always said

by Anonymousreply 207December 16, 2021 4:26 PM

Thanks r192 what a repellent douchebag.

He’s fucking wasted and it’s obvious.

by Anonymousreply 208December 16, 2021 5:01 PM

Mrs. Affleck sure raised two asshole sons.

by Anonymousreply 209December 16, 2021 5:19 PM

He's quite the charmer.

by Anonymousreply 210December 16, 2021 5:21 PM

Ben did appear to be drunk on Kimmel

by Anonymousreply 211December 16, 2021 5:23 PM

Jen Garner wa dating a CEO for a couple years, I don’t think they’re still together. She was very discreet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 16, 2021 5:29 PM

I never really understood why he married Garner. Ridiculous for me to say since I don’t know them but she seemed so in love with him and I can’t recall him ever expressing any sort of passion for her.

by Anonymousreply 213December 16, 2021 5:33 PM

A great fuck, really? He seems sloppy even if he can get that whisky dick up.

by Anonymousreply 214December 16, 2021 6:26 PM

Affleck dates women to get publicity and to get papped. He's the King of calling the paps to record his every move. When he started dating Garner she was more famous than him - his career was in the tank. Since Garner, he had a paparazzi romance with Ana de Amas to try to advance both their careers. Now, of course, he's with the Queen of calling the paps: JLo.

If this were the 1960s, Affleck'd be on the cover of Photoplay every month and featuring in Hedda Hopper's column. He desperately wants to be a celebrity which is a realistic career goal for him as he can't act his way out of a paper bag. And his supposedly great directing talents are totally mediocre, the praise being the praise always heaped on actors trying to direct.

I always think Affleck's role in Dazed and Confused was who he truly is. With those tiny, pointy little teeth and massive gums he used to have.

by Anonymousreply 215December 16, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] His kids are basically teenagers.

The youngest is nine.

by Anonymousreply 216December 16, 2021 10:13 PM

I admire that he told the truth. so many can't handle it these days.

That's how he felt. do you want him to lie and say all the PC shit?

c'mon...

yes, it's in bad taste but maybe that's who he is as a person, a straight shooter, not gonna sugar coat it etc. I do not know him but so what?

by Anonymousreply 217December 16, 2021 10:19 PM

R217 if Affleck had been in rehab and had been successfully rehabilitated, he wouldn't be blaming his drinking on somebody else. He remains the cowardly little drunk he always was.

by Anonymousreply 218December 16, 2021 10:23 PM

Hey, nobody's perfect. we are all "works in progress"

He's doing the best he can.

by Anonymousreply 219December 16, 2021 10:25 PM

He should get a tat that says "only god can judge me"

by Anonymousreply 220December 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Last time he got a tat was not successful.

by Anonymousreply 221December 16, 2021 10:28 PM

The tell wasn't that he felt trapped in the marriage, marriage IS a trap, everyone wants to bust loose at one time or another. But Affleck said, "I'd still be drinking if I was married" which puts the blame for his alcoholism squarely on the marriage. He might have said, "maybe I could have saved the marriage if I sobered up" or "I was using the trapped feeling as an excuse to drink" which is what someone not in denial about their alcoholism would understand.

by Anonymousreply 222December 16, 2021 10:35 PM

for whatever reason, he was unhappy and turned to drink or maybe he drank even more than usual to escape. He got himself out of that unhappy situation. good for him.

by Anonymousreply 223December 16, 2021 10:48 PM

So why is he still drinking and drugging, Clever Clogs? Also, J-Lo has hardly ever been out with a man who isn't some type of addict, "sex addict" being the most benevolent. If she isn't on the gak, I'm the Queen of Sheba. One of them a "weekend warrior" when it comes to drugs ( Puffy) who outsources his children's care to relatives so that he can continue to "party and fuck on high" , two comorbid druggies and drunkards, one of whom is her kids' father, another a steroid user, but somehow J-Lo is Our Sanctified Mother Courage, Practically Protestant In Denial of Pleasures Other Than Cock?

I cannot blame celebrities for taking the piss with the dim minds of those predisposed towards being a stan. It would be rude not to, especially if untalented, but willing to give the gym a good go, everyday.

by Anonymousreply 224December 16, 2021 11:20 PM

1 kid is an accident, 3 kids is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 225December 16, 2021 11:25 PM

I've seen so many straight couples in awful marriages have a 3rd kid as a bandaid baby. It never works. They either divorce anyway or stay for the baby but loathe each other. I've seen this so many times that if I hear a couple is expecting a 3rd kid I automatically assume the marriage has gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 226December 16, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]He’s still dreamy. And I have been where he is feeling trapped. (With another man, not woman lol) and I did feel the need to be stoned and drunk most of the time. And she seems like a nagging bitch that never shuts up, so who can blame him?

He's a shitty person. He could have left at any time. Instead he chose to treat her badly for many years, sit home and get drunk and high and expose his kids to all of it.

He's just like you. Weak. He blames everyone else for all the messes he created and only cares about himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 16, 2021 11:59 PM

R226 people who have 3 kids generally have that third kid because the first two are either both girls or both boys - Affleck obviously wanted a son.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2021 12:04 AM

If Affleck is not drinking now I would guess it's because of Antabuse. It takes enormous character for a true alcoholic to stop drinking. From those smutty photos of him and Lopez making out for his children to see I don't think that's him.

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2021 12:09 AM

R221 i still love how he tried to deny it was real until Jen called him out on it in an interview 😆

by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2021 1:20 AM

I didn't realize that the Stern interview was via Zoom from California, so Ben made these statements around 5:00 AM.

by Anonymousreply 231December 17, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote]I never really understood why he married Garner. Ridiculous for me to say since I don’t know them but she seemed so in love with him and I can’t recall him ever expressing any sort of passion for her.

They were both guests on the PBS series "Check Please!" that judged local eateries, where nominally famous people judged food and restaurants. It was hilarious how those two were SOOO into each other, barely aknowleding other more talented Epicurians at the table.

They could NOT take their eyes off each other or pretend to be interested in the topic. She got exactly what she preyed for, perhaps not quite getting what she was in for as the ex of an inveterate and hateful man who'd just rather "sit back" and judge for itself.

by Anonymousreply 232December 17, 2021 2:30 AM

He looks tipsy on Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 233December 17, 2021 3:23 AM

r232 Do you mean "Dinner for Five" on IFC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 17, 2021 6:06 AM

^ Ben's wig is obvious in that clip. Stars today are so boring

by Anonymousreply 235December 17, 2021 6:13 AM

The Town and State of Play were both excellent films. If he needs booze to get to that level, then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 236December 17, 2021 7:16 AM

R236 = Barbara Payton

by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2021 7:21 AM

^^who?

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2021 7:40 AM

Uh oh Ben. Both the Jennifer’s are mad at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2021 10:16 AM

There's always Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote]He looks tipsy on Kimmel.

That's disgusting, in my day, when you went on a talk show you had class

by Anonymousreply 241December 17, 2021 11:20 AM

The biggest mistake this asshole made was talking to the press as if though they’re his pals and disclosing his inner feelings as if though this wouldn’t happen. Somehow, I just cannot believe ben would say something so stupid after he basically blamed his Bennifer 1.0 run, a negative thing which impacted his life horribly, and blamed it on his relationship with Jennifer lopez. Certainly he cannot be so stupid to this again? Except this time, it’s the mother of his kids?

And here I thought this guy’s smarter than this.

I do not believe that this is intentional. I do not believe he is actually blaming her. I believe he is saying that he is a huge codependent personality who stays in bad relationships because he was taught that being codependent and drunk is a better option than leaving a fiancé at the alter or dumping the mother of your children.

Ben drinks like a sow because he is codependent. Codependency is the root of all toxicity and evil, because it is disguised as the benevolent or right thing to do, in our broken and codependent society here in the United States. The problem with ben is that he doesn’t understand how to articulate this.

Millions of unhappy men run around in America, claiming to be good guys who would be even better guys if they hadn’t married their cunt wives. And plenty of these men do not drink a drop.

Men I America hate women. It’s a thing now, and just amongst incels, because this wife blaming bullshit is the fodder that workplace water cooler talk among men is made of.

Ben’s just being the white asshole man he is. This has zero to do with being a liberal. It’s a man thing, not a political thing. And conservative men as well as liberal men know this, straight or gay.

Don’t drink the kool aid. Ben is just being a guy and will be perfectly perfect again within a few days of this interview.

by Anonymousreply 242December 17, 2021 11:52 AM

This is evidence that you cannot change a man. He is gonna be whoever he is gonna be, no matter what you do.

by Anonymousreply 243December 17, 2021 11:55 AM

R242

What you're saying makes sense. It's depressing.

by Anonymousreply 244December 17, 2021 12:02 PM

OK, is he actively off the wagon?

Like drunk or high in all his appearances? How can you tell?

by Anonymousreply 245December 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Too bad Jenn G. dumped the nice boyfriend. I wonder if she regrets her choices.

by Anonymousreply 246December 17, 2021 12:13 PM

My bet is that he is actually sober or handling/maintaining his booze appropriately, because Ben RARELY, if ever, speaks to the press when he is drinking uncontrollably, R245.

Also, please excuse my typos at R242.

Correction: “not just among incels”

Y’all get the gist of my rant.

by Anonymousreply 247December 17, 2021 12:14 PM

Indeed, R215. He bitches about all the lies the media tell, but he's part of the lie with his idiotic pap strolls.

This latest bout of bad publicity is totally on him. Nothing was taken out of context; it was taken straight from his mouth. Wasted dumbass makes a wrong move then blames everyone but himself and his shit PR.

So what does he do next? Goes on Kimmel - wasted again or high on something - complaining that he was just being honest in a deep and meaningful conversation, and look what happened!! He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 248December 17, 2021 12:19 PM

R224, huh?

by Anonymousreply 249December 17, 2021 12:30 PM

I know he’s not perfect, but I love Ben. He’s who I would want to be if I was straight. He’s not acting like he’s got life figured out; he’s vulnerable and shows his feelings, while still being masculine. I want to rescue him.

by Anonymousreply 250December 17, 2021 12:44 PM

Everyone on here saying “why did he have three kids with her?” Those children were all a result of Jennifer’s scheming. Women get what they want by tricking the men. No straight man truly wants three children; they’ll have one to appease the woman and shut her up. She tricked him into the other two. I’ve discussed this with my straight brother and he agrees that men generally don’t want kids, and often regret it when they realize their freedom is over.

by Anonymousreply 251December 17, 2021 12:47 PM

R251, hunty just because no one wanted your butt babies doesn't mean all men don't want kids. Most people men or women are too consumed with themselves and want to spread their seed/continue their (shitty) lines.

by Anonymousreply 252December 17, 2021 12:54 PM

R251, In my family, I believe it was my father who wanted children more than my mother did.

by Anonymousreply 253December 17, 2021 12:55 PM

What most men do not understand is what it is like to be a woman.

Here is something I’m gonna drop, and this drop specifically relates to women of all socioeconomic tiers, colors, ethnicity, religion, and race who are GOOD mothers or who have NOT had children either by choice or because of medical conditions:

Being a woman means that your ENTIRE TEENS, AND ADULTHOOD IS PREDICATED ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU BEAR CHILDREN.

The ability to hold a child inside your body and give it a life, is the biggest decision a woman will make. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in our lives change DRAMATICALLY when we become pregnant. Our path is forever altered if we choose to have kids. Because it is the most expensive thing one can do.

Men bitch about having to help us financially with kids, whether they also wanted them or not. Once the relationship with the kid’s father ends, and it almost always will, we, the MOTHERS, are the ones who will have to raise and feed/clothe and shelter these kids under a roof, no matter what. That guy dies or ends up in prison or flees his financial responsibilities to his kids? We are fucked, as are those kids.

Ben should be BEYOND grateful that not only did he end up a millionaire, but he can also afford to care for those children in a way others cannot, as can his wife.

It’s a REALLY big deal.

Just think about that for a moment. Most men don’t even have to be good men and fathers and be present to raise their own kids, but us gals? We cannot just take off with someone on a yacht and get papped for a week. And that’s an example of very wealthy people.

And that said, Ben STILL lucked out and had children with a responsible and good mother.

I’m so happy I’m not a man. 😔

by Anonymousreply 254December 17, 2021 12:56 PM

R254 - Very well written post, but I’m confused about the last line. “I’m so happy I’m not a man.” From the post, it seems like men have the easy, carefree life and women are stuck with the responsibilities. Doesn’t it seem like men have the ideal situation?

by Anonymousreply 255December 17, 2021 1:10 PM

He had those kids with her because that's what he thought he was supposed to do as a "man". You get married, have a few kids. That's what most people do.

His life as a single man wasn't working out and he thought the marriage and kids was something that was gonna make him happier but it didn't. He felt trapped.

Nobody has all the answers. He's just trying to figure it out like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 256December 17, 2021 1:27 PM

I just watched his GMA interview and he is mesmerizing. I would agree with anything he said if he was sitting across from me. He’s a compelling person; don’t know if he was “acting,” but seemed so sincere! He said he only wants to be remembered for being a good dad; all the other stuff doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 257December 17, 2021 1:33 PM

But you’re not a good dad, Blanche, you’re not a good dad!

by Anonymousreply 258December 17, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote]Ben’s just being the white asshole man he is

As opposed to blacks, Asians, Hispanics that DON'T ever do this? What a racist you are.

by Anonymousreply 259December 17, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote]Being a woman means that your ENTIRE TEENS, AND ADULTHOOD IS PREDICATED ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU BEAR CHILDREN.

I want to bear your children!

by Anonymousreply 260December 17, 2021 4:40 PM

When I get as a young teen, I remember my mother telling me she envied me because my whole life didn’t revolve around being incapacitated with a period every month. I thought this sounded extreme. I have plenty of female friends who barely notice their periods. It should probably be standard procedure for girls to get on birth control at age 13 and just stay on it their whole lives (until they want kids.) Seems like it would solve a lot of problems. Sure, it’s a hassle and possibly unfair burden but beats the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 261December 17, 2021 4:47 PM

He is as insufferable as his boyfriend Matt. Hate them both.

by Anonymousreply 262December 17, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]He is as insufferable as his boyfriend Matt. Hate them both.

You must be a fag.

by Anonymousreply 263December 17, 2021 5:49 PM

Remember those words tonight, Matt at r263, as Ben gives you the reach around in bed.

by Anonymousreply 264December 17, 2021 5:51 PM

I’m so disappointed in this crop of GenX guys. They make us all look bad.

The early GenXers (aka the Brat Pack) were a lot more interesting than Affleck/Damon/Goop et al

by Anonymousreply 265December 17, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]His childhood was a nightmare.

Oh please. Now we blame the parents. Ben's childhood was quite cushy, at least socially and financially. He had wealthy, loving maternal grandparents who lived in the UWS and spoiled him and Casey rotten. His mother went to Radcliffe and had a very good career and job, they never went hungry and were well-educated all throughout their lives.

His father had well-documented issues of course, but he also came from a cushy, WASP-Y if not dysfunctional family who also took physical care of their brood. I'm so tired of the Ben-as-working-class-Boston-Bro image. It's totally false and high time he stopped leaning into it at 50 years of age.

by Anonymousreply 266December 17, 2021 6:49 PM

Bro at R266 ^

by Anonymousreply 267December 17, 2021 6:49 PM

He’s a good guy at heart. So what, he likes to party a little, see a stripper every now and then. He’s a goddam movie star. Why not enjoy the spoils? Jen Garner was lucky to have him; those children will be gorgeous. And they’ll have a legacy and millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 268December 17, 2021 6:54 PM

He's just like his dad. it's not his fault. It's in his genes.

by Anonymousreply 269December 17, 2021 6:57 PM

Hollywood can give him all the chances they'd like. His heart, arteries, and liver won't be as accommodating. Neither will his kids, who might take his money but who will grow to hate his guts if they don't already.

by Anonymousreply 270December 17, 2021 6:59 PM

R234 - Yes, that's the clip. No wonder I couldn't find it searching under Check Please! Check Please was a Chicago show.

by Anonymousreply 271December 17, 2021 7:08 PM

He named me "Seraphina". FUCK HIM!

by Anonymousreply 272December 17, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote]It should probably be standard procedure for girls to get on birth control at age 13 and just stay on it their whole lives (until they want kids.)

You didn't take any health courses in high school, did you?

by Anonymousreply 273December 17, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]The early GenXers (aka the Brat Pack)

Most of them are Boomers, though. The only two who are GenX are Anthony Michael Hall and Molly Ringwald.

by Anonymousreply 274December 17, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote]It should probably be standard procedure for girls to get on birth control at age 13 and just stay on it their whole lives (until they want kids.)

Why should it be the girls' responsibility and not the boys'?

by Anonymousreply 275December 18, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] His mother went to Radcliffe and had a very good career and job,

Going to Radcliffe explains everything about a person!

by Anonymousreply 276December 18, 2021 12:05 AM

Many people do slutty drunken things in their 20s. And then they settle down and become sedate and respectable and responsible. I think that’s what both Jennifers did.

Ben is stuck in some juvenile thing that addicts sometimes do. He feels entitled to avoid being a grown-up. Maybe Lopez thinks she can save him, or something.

by Anonymousreply 277December 18, 2021 1:21 AM

R269, my father was an alcoholic. I am not, because it’s in my power to decline alcohol. My friend’s parents both had colon cancer. One died, one’s still here somehow. My friend has an annual colonoscopy.

You can’t control EVERYthing, but you can take proactive steps to avoid genetic disasters.

by Anonymousreply 278December 18, 2021 1:25 AM

JLo's addicted to publicity just like Affleck is. I doubt if they even have sex. They're just together to call the paps and get their pics up on gossip websites.

by Anonymousreply 279December 18, 2021 1:31 AM

Do you not understand how to use birth control, r273?

by Anonymousreply 280December 18, 2021 5:32 AM

Does r273 actually think long-term birth control use affects fertility? Or what? She didn’t bother to actually articulate an argument (quelle surprise— a hysterical, illogical frau,)

by Anonymousreply 281December 18, 2021 5:35 AM

Long term hormonal birth control has not been shown to affect fertility when off it, but it does a)make some women emotionally insane and b)kill the sex drive of some who take it. Makes sense in a way because it's basically tricking the body into think it's pregnant, so I guess getting laid becomes a biological non-priority.

by Anonymousreply 282December 18, 2021 7:10 AM

Quite a few women don't want to take it because it makes them gain weight. It's not the ideal thing to be taking.

by Anonymousreply 283December 18, 2021 8:42 PM

R282 & R283 More importantly, it causes blood clotting and increases risk of cancer and diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 284December 19, 2021 6:07 AM

Garner's CEO boyfriend looks cute in that shot taken through the restaurant window

by Anonymousreply 285December 19, 2021 8:28 AM

R186 he won for producing Argo. He wasn’t even Oscar nominated for directing it. He managed to win the Globe and DGA however for his direction.

by Anonymousreply 286January 4, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote] He’s not acting like he’s got life figured out; he’s vulnerable and shows his feelings, while still being masculine. I want to rescue him.

It’s good that you recognize this impulse. Be wary of it. It’s codependent and can be destructive to you.

by Anonymousreply 287January 5, 2022 11:29 AM

R250, I agree with you. I'd love to meet him and hang out and discuss what's going on. Oh, yeah. I'd also sleep with him.

by Anonymousreply 288January 14, 2022 5:31 PM

He'll be drinking again soon enough. He's the type who never stays sober.

by Anonymousreply 289December 11, 2022 10:49 PM

I was just about to post something similar R289. It won't be long before he's drinking again. He seems like a [bold]real[/bold] asshole.

by Anonymousreply 290December 11, 2022 11:06 PM

He must be full of hostility and anger toward Garner. The remarks are among other things a passive-aggressive fertilizer bomb on her. He's really saying SHE trapped him, without coming out and saying it. Well, our FEELINGs are our FEELINGS. But regardless of his right to his FEELINGS, he's not a big enough man to refrain from remarks like this about life with his children, because that is what staying married to Garner was. He's a small man and a small person. A-list Hollywood sets a low bar for mature adult behavior, but in a population cohort rife with divorces, many somehow manage to keep from telling the world how "trapped" they felt living with their still-minor children. He's really a standout.

by Anonymousreply 291December 14, 2022 9:58 PM

I'm really not sure what JLo sees in him. It's obvious he has some massive issues, a very challenging personality and a nasty immature character.

by Anonymousreply 292December 18, 2022 9:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!