Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you use to listen to music?

I personally buy each song on iTunes. I like to buy, not rent.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2021 2:07 PM

A stereo made up of different components

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2021 12:02 AM

Deezer. Smaller than Spotify, but pays their artists better, and has an even better range of music.

Streams music on my phone, laptop or TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2021 12:07 AM

If I want to actually own a recording, I buy the cd. I don't trust Apple. But, I mainly use Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Fiio.

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2021 12:13 AM

My ears.

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2021 12:15 AM

Pandora via Sonos in the house as background music. Apple Music on my iPhone with when working out / walking. I haven't purchased music in years - I just "rent". I don't seek out specific songs or albums, just artists, then create "stations". My favorite "station" at the moment is a combo of Dua Lipa and John Newman.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2021 12:20 AM

I have a pandora station that I have been building /curating since 2005 or so. I listen to that exclusively at home and I have a 2018 Sony Walkman that I have mp3s loaded on because I hate having music on my phone. I use Samsung Galaxy pro earbuds.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2021 12:29 AM

CDs, Vinyl and occasionally Amazon Music.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2021 12:43 AM

Do you say "vinyls"?

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2021 12:47 AM

I used Napster from a long time ago to set up a few hundred music-education playlists, so I've kept them in the app's current setup.

I also have Amazon Music, a pile of older stuff on iTunes, and finally pitched all the cds except some hard-to-find things. Records I kept (collectors' albums) are in storage. Still have a collection of extremely vintage 78s in storage.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2021 12:51 AM

RECORDS and CDs! YAAAAY!

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2021 12:53 AM

I stream music from my iTunes library through iTunes Match. Every so often I’ll subscribe to Apple Music or anywhere else there’s an offer. But I’m picky about my music and like to listen to what…well, I like.

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2021 12:54 AM

I use Sirius (jazz and smooth jazz) on 3 different Bose systems around the house.

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2021 1:03 AM

Over the course of several months, I uploaded my music collection to my computer, and subsequently, my phone. So, my phone.

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2021 1:36 AM

SiriusXM, Spotify, Xfinity

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2021 1:38 AM

I jumped to ITunes store as soon as the first iPod Touch came out.

Apple took away my old yahoo account music and never gave it back.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2021 2:00 AM

songs bought by me or downloaded on my computer

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2021 2:18 AM

My record player.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2021 3:04 AM

My eight track tape collection on an eight track tape player.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2021 3:10 AM

I'm still listening to CD. I value the sound quality, and it is hard to break habits.

I'd struggle to use the technology to download music.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2021 3:11 AM

I was a Spotify guy for years because of the Discord integration, not to mention that I was able to get 2+ years of premium thru EBay for $5. The sound quality was good! I also have a good quality turntable and a heirloom record collection. And I enjoy picking up new records when I have extra money. I now use Apple Music with my HomePod mini since my old speakers flooded and it sounds incredible! I don’t even miss my old speakers, a small fabric small sounds nearly as good. And the lossless Apple Music sounds impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2021 3:47 AM

Spotify.

I’ve tried others but Spotify wins every time.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2021 4:10 AM

I kept all of my cds over the years but I mainly listen to my YT playlists (with an ad blocker).

Some cds aren't on YT or they've been taken down due to copyright issues.

I wish Sound Cloud was listed which is my back up place to YT..

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2021 4:31 AM

I used to use a CD carrousel many years ago, but eventually I extracted all the .wav files from my CDs and keep all the music on hard drive. I use Plex to organize and play them. I occasionally buy new songs from iTunes or Amazon and likewise store the MP3s or M4As. If I want to hear something I don’t own, I ask Alexa to play it from Amazon. Usually my request will be included with Prime.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2021 4:39 AM

Mostly internet radio. Lots of stations and genres. I use Sonos speakers and the TuneIn app.

Also I like DIFM ("digital FM") and just exploring music on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2021 5:19 AM

I download using KAZAA and LimeWire. Oops, it's not 2004 anymore. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2021 5:22 AM

Spotify (free). Though I use a hack on Windows to block all the ads on there, so it's like having a premium subscription.

My Pixel Buds A-series

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2021 12:38 PM

Spotify at work and on the go; records at home.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2021 12:44 PM

I ask ALEXA to play music for me or I find plenty of good music for free on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2021 12:47 PM

My trusty Victrola.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2021 12:55 PM

Over the past 10+ years, I've ripped most of my CDs to iTunes on a series of hard drives, and that's what I listen to 90% of the time. I clicked "CDs" in the poll. I spend so much time at my computer, and my Bowers & Wilkins computer speakers sound so good, this has become my favorite listening method of all time.

Otherwise, I listen to songs on YouTube, and turn on my 30-year-old FM radio to listen to classical when I go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2021 12:57 PM

I don't have CDs like Elton John's Greatest Hits where you can instantaneously download the titles. With my CDs, I'd have to TYPE IN every song title. Screw that.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2021 1:51 PM

My ear. - Vincent Van Gogh

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2021 1:59 PM

It makes me chuckle to see millenials express how they want to hear X on vinyl when X is DDD.

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2021 12:45 PM

I still buy on iTunes too. People laugh and I figure it's because I'm old, but it works for me. I like to "own" as well. I'll put on Pandora for background music sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2021 12:49 PM

I buy mp3 from Amazon (usually using credits earned by selecting delayed shipping options when buying merchandise) and then those mp3s go into my iTunes library. I also like to buy, not rent. I have over 10K songs in my itunes library. Some are apple's protected (locked) format, but most mp3 files. I listen to these files at home, from my computer to a sonos system all over my house. I listen in the car, via apple CarPlay from my phone. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2021 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!